Home

The mob in arizona ?

Posted By: furio_from_naples

The mob in arizona ? - 06/03/17 05:37 PM

Why bonnano when he and his son was exiled in arizona dont tried to create a family in Phoenix?
The arizona is close to the border and also to L.A. and Vegas. Could do many $$$ with drugs and gambling. Any info 9n the Arizona mob ?
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: The mob in arizona ? - 06/06/17 12:22 AM

I highly doubt this to be true...Bonanno was almost 80's years old in the early 80's.

If Bonanno had any aspirations of creating his own family in Arizona, HE NEVER would have released his book. The book that almost perfectly coincided with the killing of his former underboss, Galante. The book seemed like his final curtain call and exit from the life.

I do however believe that Bonanno had his hands in dirty business, almost until he died.
We only know about the car lot incident. Now if someone was willing to offer someone above and beyond what a business is worth, that type of move reeks of money laundering.
A large car lot seems like a great business to have large amounts of money flowing in and out of it.

The only 2 people, besides Bonanno himself, that could tell us more info are his 2 sons, which are both dead.

I also must say that I never read Bill Bonanno's book. Maybe he talked about the Arizona years in there but I also doubt that. He would be ratted himself out as his father's accomplice. I think he talked mostly about the New York timeline.

Maybe someone else can add something here.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: The mob in arizona ? - 06/06/17 01:12 AM

Arizona was Chicago territory. That's probably the main reason. He was already a pariah to the Commission, the last thing he'd want to do is piss Chicago off.
Posted By: azguy

Re: The mob in arizona ? - 06/06/17 03:28 AM

If you research things there are always some lingering mafia rumors, google Don Bolles, jerry simms and Paul "Paulie the Indian" Schiro
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: The mob in arizona ? - 06/06/17 04:12 AM

Arizona was and is open territory. Joe Bonanno planted a flag in Tucson, which angered Chicago.
Posted By: Regoparker100

Re: The mob in arizona ? - 06/12/17 07:32 PM

What about Sammy Gravano (after he flipped)?
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: The mob in arizona ? - 06/12/17 10:14 PM

As I said in another thread about Bonanno in California, what could the Bonannos or anyone else do that Siegel, Cohen, John Roselli, Spilotro, and the other powerful gangsters out west didn't already try? Law enforcement and the courts are just too tight knit out west. Impossible to get the fix in, Las Vegas being the exception.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET