Home

The Big Balkan OC Thread

Posted By: 2a

The Big Balkan OC Thread - 05/02/17 04:25 PM

I haven't really contributed anything to the forum since I joined , so I thought I might as well rectify that by kicking off a thread on Balkan organized crime groups .

I"ll start off by posting a link to the documentary called " Once Upon a Time in the East " : https://putlockers.ca/once-upon-a-time-in-the-east-2011-full-movie-putlocker-megashare9.html

It deals with the topic of organized crime in 1990s Bulgaria as well as Bulgarian organized crime in general . Pretty fascinating that such an obscure country would generate such formidable criminal organizations .

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 05/08/17 07:19 PM

Here's a pretty good article about Darko Saric ( a formerly top Balkan drug lord ) : https://www.occrp.org/en/blog/4910-the-long-trial-of-the-balkan-cocaine-king

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 05/18/17 05:42 PM

Here's a PDF about the activities of OC groups in Serbia , Montenegro , and Macedonia : http://www.mvr.gov.mk/Upload/Editor_Upload/analizi-statistiki/Socta%20izvestaj%202016%20ENG.pdf
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 05/18/17 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: 2a

Here's a PDF about the activities of OC groups in Serbia , Montenegro , and Macedonia : http://www.mvr.gov.mk/Upload/Editor_Upload/analizi-statistiki/Socta%20izvestaj%202016%20ENG.pdf

Thanks man. Where you from?

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 05/19/17 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Toodoped
Originally Posted By: 2a

Thanks man. Where you from?

USA
Posted By: Strax

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 05/19/17 08:57 PM

In capital of Serbia,Belgrade a war is going on between groups,over control of security at night clubs and drugs,media is not reporting anything about it,police arrested few guys and media said they wanted to kill police chief,which is total bullshit

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 05/20/17 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Strax
In capital of Serbia,Belgrade a war is going on between groups,over control of security at night clubs and drugs,media is not reporting anything about it,police arrested few guys and media said they wanted to kill police chief,which is total bullshit

Are there any crews left from the old infamous territories such as Vozdovac, Zvezdara or Zemun or right now the main crews are from New Belgrade?

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 05/20/17 10:43 AM

Zemun and Zvezdara not really,Vozdovac yes,most of the guys from 90's are still alive today:

Vozdovac when they were the most powerful crew in Belgrade,only 2 on far left and guy in middle are dead.Three guys on far right are leading Vozdovac today,2 of them are in prison for torturing some guy.

Today the most powerful crew in the city is connected to clans from Montenegro,they are responsible for almost every murder that happened in Belgrade in last 2-3 years,one of them was Sale Mutavi who got killed last year in October.

If you are interested about it more,pictures or whatever i can write you in PM,i know them personally don't want to get in trouble for writing here lol

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 05/20/17 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Strax
Zemun and Zvezdara not really,Vozdovac yes,most of the guys from 90's are still alive today:

Vozdovac when they were the most powerful crew in Belgrade,only 2 on far left and guy in middle are dead.Three guys on far right are leading Vozdovac today,2 of them are in prison for torturing some guy.

Today the most powerful crew in the city is connected to clans from Montenegro,they are responsible for almost every murder that happened in Belgrade in last 2-3 years,one of them was Sale Mutavi who got killed last year in October.

If you are interested about it more,pictures or whatever i can write you in PM,i know them personally don't want to get in trouble for writing here lol

Thanks for the cool info and also the great picture Strax. To tell you the truth I personally have much respect for the old guard, mostly because of the stories i heard regarding Gishka for example. My older brother once knew a guy who met Gishka somewhere on vacation during the early or mod 1980's since i dont remember the years in which he spent most of his time in jail. I never had a gangster ever before for an idol, but when i was a kid his stories made me form a great picture in my mind for the guy. I belive that he was a real robinhood and also a real patriot, not that "Arkan" or "Legija" type of an individual. I mean he also worked for the secret government but somehow he was different. A true Serbian. I know the feeling since my grandfather was born in Velika Plana and grew up in Belgrade and he was almost the same type of individual lol

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 05/24/17 07:04 PM

Here's the link to the cult documentary " Vidimo se u Citulju " : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JRDuRP_NGE

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/12/18 08:12 PM

Here's some recent news concerning a Balkan OC related cocaine bust in Croatia : https://www.total-croatia-news.com/...st-police-arrests-croatian-escobar-video

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/22/18 06:52 PM

Which Balkan groups are at the top of the chain right now ? Is it safe to assume that the Albanian and Serbian outfits are still at the top ? Also are there any proper Croatian outfits ? I mean I've never read about Croatian gangsters before news came of the bust linked above .

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/22/18 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by 2a

Which Balkan groups are at the top of the chain right now ? Is it safe to assume that the Albanian and Serbian outfits are still at the top ? Also are there any proper Croatian outfits ? I mean I've never read about Croatian gangsters before news came of the bust linked above .

Albanians and clans from Kosovo are on top,followed by the Serbian clans, you have some really powerful and well connected people in Belgrade. Bulgarian clans are also pretty powerful,not like they were before,but still very powerful
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/23/18 11:19 AM

Hey Strax, what's going on in Belgrade with all these killings? It's like the wild west over there in the last year or two. I see today they got Dragan Trišić a supposed drug dealer, who was that guy never heard of him. Is it all related to Montenegro clans or not?
Side question for you, are there some crew or guys powerfull enough in the Crveni krst region of Zvezdara? Was that neighbourhood allways known for tough guys and mobsters? Thanks buddy

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/26/18 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Strax
Originally Posted by 2a

Albanians and clans from Kosovo are on top,followed by the Serbian clans, you have some really powerful and well connected people in Belgrade. Bulgarian clans are also pretty powerful,not like they were before,but still very powerful

Thanks for the answer . By the way do organized crime groups from the Balkans tend to be ethnically exclusive or are some fairly inclusive with respect to having a multi ethnic membership ? In other words are there any Balkan based organized crime groups that have ( for example ) Albanian and Serbian members ? Or is such a thing unheard of ?
Posted By: Hollander

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 04/01/18 11:23 AM

You also have the Montenegrins, the Skaljari and Kavac clans are killing each other all over Montenegro and in Belgrado.
A few days ago a car bomb exploded in the center of Podgorica.

[Linked Image]

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 04/01/18 11:45 AM

It was armored bmw,bomb was under car,he also had a bomb in his car that he was transporting. The victim was best man of Roganovic Brothers,one of roganovic brothers lost a leg when bomb exploded under his car. In Belgrade last year they wanted to kill police chief with help of Sale Mutavi's crew.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 04/01/18 04:38 PM

I read a delivery of 200 kilograms of cocaine, disappeared in Spain in late 2014, triggered the gang war between the Skaljari and Kavac clans, with street shootings, car bomb attacks and assassination attempts. The mocro gang war here started the same way after the disappearance of a few hundred kilos coke.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 06/19/18 03:33 PM

Hey strax, have you heard about this murder?

On 3 April 2003 the Bosnian Mrki (alias of Fahrudin Agusi), 39, was shot dead in Rotterdam. He was bouncer of the very popular club Baja. The murder was never solved and the reason is a mystery. Jocic was a friend of Mrki, a relationship that for some unknown reason would later have cooled down somewhat.
His own bars and restaurants Ponte Rosso (café) and Mille Grazie (pizzeria) at the Bentinckplein in Rotterdam-Blijdorp were a meeting place for compatriots to get work, money or a home. Mrki got a relationship among others with the singer Goca Bozinovska, known in Serbia.

His lawyer Eric Deen remembers:
He came to my office after that shelling. He really had no idea who it was. However, the name of Holleeder and an amount of one million were mentioned. Remember that Holleeder was not as in the picture as later. But I think that extortion and Holleeder have been rejected. And Jocic, I also heard that name. There would have been some sort of disagreement, but I do not know details.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 06/19/18 07:20 PM

His grave in Rotterdam.

[Linked Image]

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 06/19/18 08:15 PM

Never even heard about this guy ? Do u have any more info about him ?

Goca Bozinovska was married to Zoran Sijan,powerful member of Surcinski Klan,he was killed in 1999. I never knew she was in relationship with this guy.

Edit: even when i search on internet,i get only dutch articles like this one: https://www.crimesite.nl/de-mysterieuze-liquidatie-van-de-baja-portier-1/ . What does it say ?
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 06/19/18 08:35 PM

In terms of Balkan OC it's basically Albanian OC and Serbian/Montenegrin OC that have the most widespread reach. The others can't compare.
I assume the "Bulgarian mafia" has some power in Bulgaria itself, but international activities are very limited. Most Bulgaria-connected criminal cases I come across here in Belgium involve Turks from Bulgaria instead of ethnic Bulgarians and it most concerns illegal contracting and prostitution; more often than not connected to established Turkish criminal organizations.

Montenegrin OC elsewhere a lot of times is just looped under the "Serbian mafia" umbrella. To be fair, a lot of it seems to involve Serbs from Montenegro and "ethnic Montenegrins" themselves are in essence basically ethnic Serbs but describe themselves as "Montenegrin" in order to identify with the more mountainous folkloric background of that region.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 06/19/18 10:37 PM

Never even heard about this guy ? Do u have any more info about him ?

Goca Bozinovska was married to Zoran Sijan,powerful member of Surcinski Klan,he was killed in 1999. I never knew she was in relationship with this guy.

Edit: even when i search on internet,i get only dutch articles like this one: https://www.crimesite.nl/de-mysterieuze-liquidatie-van-de-baja-portier-1/ . What does it say ?

Mrki was born in Tuzla, he was convicted of extortion in Germany. He was sentenced to 2.5 years in 1989 in Hanover. Mrki knew some (big) names from the underworld. He appears in the case Kruimeltje, the liquidation of former boxer John Smit in 1995. A Chechen hitman killed Smit on the toilet of café Kruimeltje on the Oostplein in Kralingen.
Another Dutch kick boxer, the hit man and some Yugoslavs have been convicted for this murder. Mrki appeared as an interpreter in the interrogation of suspect Dragan V. He was never regarded as a suspect in this case, but he did know several people involved.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 07/29/18 07:50 AM

A prominent Belgrade lawyer, who had previously helped to defend Slobodan Milosevic, strongman of Serbia, was killed by gunshots, in an ambush in gangster style, in front of his home.

Dragoslav Ognjanovic , 57, was shot dead in front of a condominium in the Novi Beograd district and his 26-year-old son was injured in his right arm. The Ministry of the Interior confirms this in a statement.

As a criminal lawyer, Ognjanovic served in the early 2000s in the legal team that helped defend Milosevic in his war crimes trial before the United Nations tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in The Hague. Milosevic died in the court's detention unit in 2006 before a verdict was reached.

Over the years, Ognjanovic has also defended some of the main characters of the Serbian criminal world. Several prominent members of the Serbian and Montenegrin organized crime networks have been killed in Belgrade in the last two years in what the police describe as a war on the illegal drugs market.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/01/18 09:20 AM

Mafia murders shock Serbia, reveal web of corruption

https://www.dw.com/en/mafia-murders-shock-serbia-reveal-web-of-corruption/a-44902334

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/01/18 09:31 AM

Strax, Luka Bojovic is described by dutch justice as the alleged 'henchman' of Willem Holleeder.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/01/18 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Hollander
Strax, Luka Bojovic is described by dutch justice as the alleged 'henchman' of Willem Holleeder.

He is,his man carried out murders on orders by Holleeder. There are police wiretaps that prove it.

Luka Bojovic is losing support right now , Dragoslav Ognjanovic the lawyer that defended him,got killed only because he is supporter of Bojovic Family. There is ongoing feud between Bojovic and Saranovic(Montenegro) family.

People killed to Luka Bojovic so far:Nikola Bojovic(His brother),Luka Đurović,Rade Rakonjac,Dragoslav Miloradović,Siniša Milić.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/01/18 06:02 PM

He is,his man carried out murders on orders by Holleeder. There are police wiretaps that prove it.

Luka Bojovic is losing support right now , Dragoslav Ognjanovic the lawyer that defended him,got killed only because he is supporter of Bojovic Family. There is ongoing feud between Bojovic and Saranovic(Montenegro) family.

People killed to Luka Bojovic so far:Nikola Bojovic(His brother),Luka Đurović,Rade Rakonjac,Dragoslav Miloradović,Siniša Milić.

Thanks, doesn't help he's in a spanish prison far away from the stuff happening in Belgrade or Amsterdam. I read his father was a visual artist from Montenegro.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/01/18 07:11 PM

Do most Belgrade mobsters originate from Montenegro or the more rural parts of Serbia? It seems like a huge part of the Serbian gangsters have at least some connection to Montenegro.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/01/18 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke

I assume the "Bulgarian mafia" has some power in Bulgaria itself, but international activities are very limited. Most Bulgaria-connected criminal cases I come across here in Belgium involve Turks from Bulgaria instead of ethnic Bulgarians and it most concerns illegal contracting and prostitution; more often than not connected to established Turkish criminal organizations.

Romanian, Bulgarian and Hungarian gangs are pretty active in the Netherlands.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/01/18 07:29 PM

Yes I think this era of mobsters do, but a big part of them are born in Belgrade. There is one thing you have to know about people from Belgrade and Serbia aswell is that we are by origin 60-70 percent from Montenegro at one point. Of course Im talking about common folk not mobsters. I think Stax will agree

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/01/18 07:37 PM

Over here in Belgium as well, but most of them seem to originate from the Roma gypsy population. They're mostly involved in organized scamming and theft. Prostitution happens as well, but they don't really have any formal control over this.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/01/18 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by alexandarns
Yes I think this era of mobsters do, but a big part of them are born in Belgrade. There is one thing you have to know about people from Belgrade and Serbia aswell is that we are by origin 60-70 percent from Montenegro at one point. Of course Im talking about common folk not mobsters. I think Stax will agree

I didn't know the ties to Montenegro were this deep. Thanks for the info.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/01/18 08:03 PM

Clans from Montenegro are currently most powerful around here, groups that currently run Belgrade are connected to them. They are all connected to one another,and they all do dirty work for police/state. Group that currently run Belgrade,all members have secret service badges.
Posted By: m2w

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/01/18 08:07 PM

romanian gangs are weak generally speaking, even in romania are not so strong, aside a few gypsy clans
bulgarians are powerful in their country, but not so much in general, and gypsies anyway are strong even there
albanian and serbian oc are by far the strongest balkan criminal group (not only gypsies, in general)

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/01/18 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by m2w
romanian gangs are weak generally speaking, even in romania are not so strong, aside a few gypsy clans
bulgarians are powerful in their country, but not so much in general, and gypsies anyway are strong even there
albanian and serbian oc are by far the strongest balkan criminal group (not only gypsies, in general)

Albanian are top, and when u say Serbian , you must consider serbian/montenegrian. Because clans from montenegro are now more powerful than serbian,but they are all working together.
Posted By: spartan

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/02/18 12:23 AM

In the Balkans - like everywhere OC - exists. And OC has very strong links to the security/intelligence services.

In Albania, OC is widespread and Albanian groups operate in many countries.

I'd say the weakest OC in the Balkans is in Romania, and that has a lot to do with their police. The police there do NOT mess around. I've seen it first hand.

Bulgarian OC has weakened somewhat since they joined the EU.

Serbia and Montenegro has strong OC, with very tight links to the security services.

In Greece, there is local OC, but the speciality of Greek OC is large scale smuggling. They smuggle fuel, cigarettes, weapons, and on a smaller scale drugs into Greece, but international drug trafficking/smuggling is their specialty. And it is much larger than ppl know. There have been some very large drug busts involving Greeks (one guy was caught in Italy, charged with trafficking 10 tonnes of cocaine. A few years ago the police hauled in a 2 tonne heroin shipment here. Another guy, 1 tonne. etc etc).

But I would agree that Serbian and Albanian OC is the "strongest" in the Balkans.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/05/18 01:58 AM

Albanian criminals are on the rise on the Dutch coke market. That is at the expense of the Moroccans. The shift is mainly due to the fact that South American drug cartels prefer to do business with the Albanians, because the Moroccan criminals are in the spotlight of the police and judiciary.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/05/18 06:30 AM

If the Moroccans keep on whacking each other at this rate, I don't think there'll be many of them left wanting to get into the business big time.

The thing with the Albanians is that, despite their violent reputation, they're keeping it quite low-key at the moment preferring to conduct their business behind closed doors. The Dutch DTO's in Brabant and Limburg aren't making all that much noise either, but they're still moving tons (there's definitely way more guys like Tommy Van der S. around in the area). I'm curious what the future of the Antilleans will be on the cocaine market; to a slightly lesser extent they seem to face the same problem the Moroccans face at the moment where a touch too many internal rivalries get in the way of doing business.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/07/18 08:49 AM

Dimitar Zhelyazkov, alias Mityo Ochite ('Mityo the Eyes'), was arrested in Istanbul. The Bulgarian mafia boss, six of his men and his girlfriend were apprehended by the Turkish police on Aug. 4. Zhelyazkov was also sought by Interpol. Over the years, there have been several attempts to kill him.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/08/18 02:06 PM

I suppose this deserves a thread of its own , but how come one can read next to nothing about Hungarian organized crime in general ? It's as if they are virtual phantoms in spite of all the tales one can hear about them .

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/08/18 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by 2a

I suppose this deserves a thread of its own , but how come one can read next to nothing about Hungarian organized crime in general ? It's as if they are virtual phantoms in spite of all the tales one can hear about them .

Personally, I don't really feel like the "Hungarian mafia" is a really big force on a large scale. There's definitely businessmen in Hungary that do business with international OC groups active in the country and there was a certain amount of killings in the 90's. Nowadays tho, it's more groups from the former Soviet Union and the Balkan that hold some power in Hungary. I'm sure Hungarian OC exists on a certain scale, but I don't think it's a "phenomenon".

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/09/18 05:45 PM

I visited Budapest in the early 90s not long after the fall of communism. Lovely city but the transition to the market economy paved the way for organized crime the local underworld worked with the international groups but back then the russians dominated still it helped hungarians spoke russian and the soviet influences were everywhere. Regular folks hated the russians and gypsies though.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/15/18 09:39 PM

Romanian gangster arrested in UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-45200429

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/21/18 04:59 PM

What's the organized crime scene in Slovenia like by the way ? I know it's a bit of a stretch to refer to the country as Balkan , however it's fitting for the purpose of this thread IMO .

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/21/18 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2a

What's the organized crime scene in Slovenia like by the way ? I know it's a bit of a stretch to refer to the country as Balkan , however it's fitting for the purpose of this thread IMO .

Out of the former Yugoslavian states, Slovenia has always been hit the least by the "organized crime troubles" that region faced following the breakup. It seems to be the same in Slovenia as it is throughout the entire Balkans: a dominance by Serbian organized crime and Albanian organized crime.

Dragan Tosic - connected to Darko Saric and the Montenegro and Belgrade clans - operated in Ljubljana up until 2012.
(https://www.occrp.org/en/daily/1730-slovenia-balkan-warrior-trial-convicts-four-acquits-leader)

Albanians got busted fairly recently for pot trafficking.
(http://www.total-slovenia-news.com/...for-ljubljana-based-cobra-marijuana-gang)

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/22/18 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2a

Out of the former Yugoslavian states, Slovenia has always been hit the least by the "organized crime troubles" that region faced following the breakup. It seems to be the same in Slovenia as it is throughout the entire Balkans: a dominance by Serbian organized crime and Albanian organized crime.

Dragan Tosic - connected to Darko Saric and the Montenegro and Belgrade clans - operated in Ljubljana up until 2012.
(https://www.occrp.org/en/daily/1730-slovenia-balkan-warrior-trial-convicts-four-acquits-leader)

(http://www.total-slovenia-news.com/...for-ljubljana-based-cobra-marijuana-gang)

It seems that Eastern European countries with an Orthodox culture tend to have more issues with organized crime than their Catholic counteparts . Anyways thanks for the information man .

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/22/18 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2a
Originally Posted by 2a

It seems that Eastern European countries with an Orthodox culture tend to have more issues with organized crime than their Catholic counteparts . Anyways thanks for the information man .

I wouldn't say religion plays a really strong part in this. It seems that it has developed in some regions more than in others.
In the Balkans in Serbia and Montenegro ("Serbian mafia" - Orthodox) and in Northern Albania, Kosovo and Western Macedonia ("Albanian mafia" - Muslim). Of course there is localized organized crime in for instance Bulgaria, Croatia, Bosnia and other parts of Macedonia, but it's mostly very local and doesn't really have its tentacles spread all over Europe.
In the former Soviet Union it has mostly developed in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus ("Russian mafia" - both Orthodox and Jewish), Georgia (Orthodox), Chechnya (Sunni Muslim), Azerbaijan (Shiite Muslim) and Armenia (Orthodox from the more Oriental variety). There's also organized crime in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Central Asia, but again it's extremely localized and not as far reaching as the aforementioned ones.
I honestly don't know why organized crime developed in some regions more than in the others. I don't think that religion really has a lot to do with it and truth be told, neither does poverty and violence - there are extremely poor and violent nations that didn't give birth to any type of far reaching organized crime and there are comparatively more well off nations that nurtured a significant type of organized crime.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/04/18 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by 2a
Originally Posted by 2a

I wouldn't say religion plays a really strong part in this. It seems that it has developed in some regions more than in others.
In the Balkans in Serbia and Montenegro ("Serbian mafia" - Orthodox) and in Northern Albania, Kosovo and Western Macedonia ("Albanian mafia" - Muslim). Of course there is localized organized crime in for instance Bulgaria, Croatia, Bosnia and other parts of Macedonia, but it's mostly very local and doesn't really have its tentacles spread all over Europe.
In the former Soviet Union it has mostly developed in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus ("Russian mafia" - both Orthodox and Jewish), Georgia (Orthodox), Chechnya (Sunni Muslim), Azerbaijan (Shiite Muslim) and Armenia (Orthodox from the more Oriental variety). There's also organized crime in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Central Asia, but again it's extremely localized and not as far reaching as the aforementioned ones.
I honestly don't know why organized crime developed in some regions more than in the others. I don't think that religion really has a lot to do with it and truth be told, neither does poverty and violence - there are extremely poor and violent nations that didn't give birth to any type of far reaching organized crime and there are comparatively more well off nations that nurtured a significant type of organized crime.

Yeah organized crime can definitely thrive in all sorts of places , however I think it's not too much of a stretch to state that Orthodox Byzantine culture provides more fertile ground for it than ( say ) Protestant Anglo culture , especially when it comes to the issue of thriving mafia style syndicates .

The whole Caesaropapist aspect of Orthodox Byzantine culture makes corruption of authorities much easier for a variety of reasons . Chief among them being the fact of a pronounced lack of institutional separateness , lack of transparency , lack of a strong tradition of civil society , as well as a more " accept things the way they are and suffer " mentality among the populace at large .

I'm not trying to paint Orthodox Byzantine nations in a bad light by the way , just fleshing out some reasons .

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/08/18 12:02 AM

Kolle Kostovski placed on Interpol list of most wanted people. The Yugo gangster from a bygone era escaped earlier this year from a leave he had received to be treated for various ailments in Brazil. Slobodan Kostovski (64) was sentenced to 19 years in prison after being arrested in Brazil a few years ago, as the organizer of a cocaine transport in which cocaine was brought to Europe via the Victoria port. The organization consisted mainly of women, who were involved in the production and transport of marble slabs in various places, which were used as a cover. Kolle's own Brazilian wife was also arrested during that operation.
Kolle was a partner of the murdered dutch crime boss Stanley Hillis.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/15/18 06:31 PM

We mostly hear about the clans from Belgrade, Montenegro and Kosovo (and in extent Northern Albania), but does anybody know what the state of power is of the clans from the Sandzak?
Are they on the same level?

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/26/18 11:08 PM

George Mihaljevic was gunned down in South Africa

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/krejcir-linked-serbian-mob-boss-gunned-down-bedfordview/

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/27/18 09:23 PM

Turkish police nab Serbian mafia boss by tracking Russian lover

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tu...ia-boss-by-tracking-russian-lover-137271

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/29/18 09:40 AM

That Skaljari group seems to be a not-to-be-fucked-with bunch.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/29/18 09:48 AM

They are one of most powerful groups in Balkans , i said that multiple times on this board. Now there are 2 clans , Skaljarski and Kavacki , since 200kg of cocaine disappeared in Spain. They are in war in the past 7 years.

Skaljarski clan killed Aleksandar Stankovic , who was one of most powerful people in Belgrade, they paid 300,000$ for that.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/29/18 09:56 AM

They are one of most powerful groups in Balkans , i said that multiple times on this board. Now there are 2 clans , Skaljarski and Kavacki , since 200kg of cocaine disappeared in Spain. They are in war in the past 7 years.

Skaljarski clan killed Aleksandar Stankovic , who was one of most powerful people in Belgrade, they paid 300,000$ for that.

Yeah that feud has turned quite nasty.
Which of the Belgrade clans would you say is the most noteworthy at the moment?

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 10/07/18 10:21 PM

She´s the third journalist killed by organized crime in the EU in a year.

Bulgarian Journalist Victoria Marinova Brutally Raped and Murdered

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bulgarian-journalist-victoria-marinova-brutally-raped-and-murdered

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 10/10/18 07:17 AM

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bulgarian-journalist-victoria-marinova-brutally-raped-and-murdered

it was a robbery, a 21 years old romanian gypsy was arrested

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 10/10/18 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by m2w

it was a robbery, a 21 years old romanian gypsy was arrested

They released him and in Germany a Bulgarian was arrested who had her phone still unclear if its related to her work.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 10/26/18 10:46 PM

Bosnia: two police officers killed in an ambush in Sarajevo
Sarajevo, 26 Oct 14:14 - (Agenzia Nova)- Two police officers were killed in an ambush this night in Sarajevo: the "Ftv" television station reports. According to the newspaper, one of the two officers died last night, while the second one lost his life in the afternoon, after numerous resuscitation attempts by the doctors of the Clinical Center of the University of Sarajevo. Adis Sehovic and Davor Vujinovic, the two agents, intervened tonight after an anonymous call and were hit by shots of automatic firearms when they got out of their vehicle. The Ministry of the Interior of the Sarajevo Canton has announced that it is still in search of the killers and that traces collected so far indicate that the ambush is due to a criminal organization dedicated to the theft of cars. According to the news leaked so far, the murderers' car would have a Croatian license plate.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 10/29/18 06:16 PM

A Scandal, a Murder, and a Mystery in Bulgaria

https://www.occrp.org/en/28-ccwatch...andal-a-murder-and-a-mystery-in-bulgaria

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 01/03/19 09:22 PM

In 2018 there were 29 murders related to organized crime in Serbia. That´s a record.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 01/03/19 10:17 PM

In 2018 there were 29 murders related to organized crime in Serbia. That´s a record.

Actually 36. I can write them all down if anyone is interested.Far from record,record was back in 1990's.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 01/03/19 10:41 PM

Actually 36. I can write them all down if anyone is interested.Far from record,record was back in 1990's.

I agree the days of Arkan were worse.

Nonetheless a lot is going on in your country.

https://www.balkaneu.com/record-high-mafia-murders-in-serbia/

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 01/03/19 10:58 PM

I agree, but its mostly war between Skaljarski & Kavacki clan, the strongest group here in Belgrade is untouched,only 1 member was murdered back in 2016.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 01/04/19 01:12 PM

I agree, but its mostly war between Skaljarski & Kavacki clan, the strongest group here in Belgrade is untouched,only 1 member was murdered back in 2016.

What is the strongest clan in BG bro?

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 01/05/19 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by alexandarns

What is the strongest clan in BG bro?

Check your PM

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 01/14/19 01:41 PM

Serbia: a huge strike against the underworld

The Serbian police launched a big operation aimed at the arrest of several figures of the local underworld. 150 people were arrested and searches were carried out during a so-called "preventive" operation shortly before the next elections.

Among the arrestees:

Nebojsa "Stojke" Stojkovic: considered to be the leader of the "Rakovski" clan, he was wounded by bullets in August 2017 in Barcelona. He has already been convicted in Serbia for drug trafficking, robbery, illegal possession of arms and extortion;

Zvonko Mateovic: former bodyguard of "warlord" Zeljko "Arkan" Raznatovic (he was in his company during his murder at the hotel "Interkontinental" on 15 January 2000 and was wounded). He is known for extortion. His brother was shot dead in 2004, may be in his place;

Vladimir Karan: suspected of drug trafficking, he has never been sentenced for this kind of case. He was targeted several times by attempted murder, particularly in the explosion of his car bomb in 2015;

Vladimir "the Japanese" Jovanovic: Arrested several years ago in Spain, he was extradited to Serbia and sentenced for the extortion of a taxi company and the kidnapping of a girl. Long known as "Satan", he has since taken the nickname "Vlada Japanac". He would be a member of the "Zemun clan";

Veselin "Vesko" Vukotić: sentenced in Novi Sad for illegal possession of firearms and minor injuries. He is claimed by Montenegro for a homicide dating from 1997 and was sentenced in Brussels to life imprisonment for the murder of an Albanian activist in 1990. He was arrested in 2006 at Madrid airport with a false passport ;

Ljubiša Lindo Čombe: considered one of the leading drug traffickers in Belgrade. Arrested several times for heroin and cocaine trafficking, he has always managed to avoid convictions;

Hadži Zoran Jovanović, known as "Tebra": sentenced to 5 years in prison in Belgium for trafficking more than 200 kilos of cocaine. Also known in the Netherlands, he is a member of the Hells Angels;

Petar Guzijan: eldest son of Jovana Guzijana Cunera, a criminal boss killed in the early 2000s. Arrested because he was accused of being a member of the "new Zemun clan", he was acquitted;

Zoran "Tesha" Tešić: accused of attempted murder against the President of the Republican Party, he was sentenced in 2013 to 7 years in prison but acquitted in 2018 by the Belgrade Court of Appeal.

However, the police are still searching for Miljan Vukovic, the leader of the Hells Angels of Serbia. He is the son of Vuk Vukovic, a former casino owner and considered a close relative of warlord Zeljko "Arkan" Raznatovic (shot in 2000). Miljan Vukovic is also believed to have played the intermediary between some members of the movement of "Pink Panthers" (jewel thieves) and buyers in the Middle East.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 01/14/19 07:39 PM

Most of them are released already.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 02/05/19 09:50 AM

One man was killed in another car bomb in the center of Podgorica. According to the Montenegrin media, it was about Nikola Cupic. It is the latest episode in the war between the Skaljarski and Kavacki clans, which claimed around thirty lives in Montenegro and Serbia since 2014.

[Linked Image]

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 02/05/19 05:56 PM

One man was killed in another car bomb in the center of Podgorica. According to the Montenegrin media, it was about Nikola Cupic. It is the latest episode in the war between the Skaljarski and Kavacki clans, which claimed around thirty lives in Montenegro and Serbia since 2014.

He was close to Kavacki clan , he was a member of Cetinjski clan.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/08/19 09:52 PM

Strax did you know Arkan escaped from Bijlmerbajes prison in Amsterdam in 1981. His men threw a pistol and rope over the wall and they escaped.
Prior to that he also escaped with italian gangster Carlo Fabiani a prison in Verviers. In a court in Stockholm the two were later freed by Kostovski.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/08/19 11:14 PM

Strax did you know Arkan escaped from Bijlmerbajes prison in Amsterdam in 1981. His men threw a pistol and rope over the wall and they escaped.
Prior to that he also escaped with italian gangster Carlo Fabiani a prison in Verviers. In a court in Stockholm the two were later freed by Kostovski.

Yes, it was in may 1981, but he was arrested shorty after that in June in Germany. But i never heard of Carlo Fabiani ? Who was he ? Was he affiliated with Sicilian mafia ?

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/09/19 01:09 AM

Yes, it was in may 1981, but he was arrested shorty after that in June in Germany. But i never heard of Carlo Fabiani ? Who was he ? Was he affiliated with Sicilian mafia ?

No idea but in those early years of Arkan he was one of his most loyal "collaborators". Raznatovic learns Italian and tightens ties that will come in handy in the nineties, when from the Balkans in the chaos arrive in Italy lots of weapons that end up in the hands of the mafia clans.
Another Italian friend was the lawyer Giovanni Di Stefano. When the war in Bosnia ended in 1995, Di Stefano continued his entrepreneurial rise alongside Arkan, with whom he also shared his passion for football. The former head of the Ultras of Red Star buys a small team of the capital, the Obilic, in partnership with the Anglo-Italian lawyer, who in a few years wins the championship and participates in the Champion's League.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 04/01/19 09:53 AM

Serbia: Belgrade would be a hub for European cocaine trafficking
By Laurent Rouy Broadcasting: Sunday, March 31, 2019

According to some analysts, the Serbian capital is the hub of European cocaine trafficking. A very recent case highlights Serbia from the perspective of this drug trafficking.

From our correspondent in Belgrade

It all starts with a record cocaine seizure in Romania. It was five days ago in the Danube Delta, near the Black Sea. In a capsized boat, the police discovered more than a ton of almost pure cocaine coming directly from Colombia, a priori. The value of the seizure is around 300 million euros. Police had been on alert after last week's discovery of a one-kilogram pack of pure cocaine dropped from a truck. During the operation, the Romanian police arrested two Serb nationals. For the Romanian police, the seizure is completely unusual, as is the rest of the case, and suspicions immediately turn to the neighbor of the west, Serbia.

It is obvious that the quantity seized was not destined for the Romanian market and that Romania played here only the role of a transit country towards Western Europe. And there are several reasons why investigators are interested in the Serb ramifications of the case.

First, because this seizure by its importance reminds of another very old: in 2009, the Colombian police had seized 5.7 tons of cocaine on a sailboat in the Atlantic. This record seizure led to the arrest of the Serbian boss Darko Saric, currently in prison, to whom this cargo was destined. It was at this time that we began to think that the Serbs played at least a European role in the traffic.

Serbo-Montenegrin Fight

The other notable event is the very suspicious death a few days ago of a Serbian national in Medellin, the former stronghold of Pablo Escobar. And this Serbian is not anyone: it is a certain David Vidakovic, brother of Milos Vidakovic, a mobster assassinated in 2013 in Budva in Montenegro. But the assassination of Budva went hand in hand with another execution, this time in Belgrade in 2013, that of Nikola Bojovic, brother of the leader of the clan of Zemun, the suburbs of Belgrade.

Milos Vidakovic was executed in 2013, but his brother died these days in Colombia. For five years, there have been 98 Mafia-style killings in Serbia and Montenegro, and the reason for this is the struggle between the Serbian and Montenegrin clans for the control of the European cocaine trade. Investigations have already shown that Serbs or Montenegrins were supplying Holland, which is the hub of traffic for northern Europe.

To return to the seizure made in Romania last week, it will take a little before knowing the sponsors and recipients. But for local experts in organized crime networks, there is no doubt that the authorizing officer of the operation is to be found in Belgrade.

http://www.rfi.fr/emission/20190331-serbie-belgrade-trafic-cocaine-europeen?ref=tw

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 04/01/19 05:36 PM

It's possible that we'll be seeing more widespread involvement from the Serbian and Montenegrin clans in the cocaine business again. After the Serbian and Montenegrin networks got hit hard we were seeing the Albanians making noise in cocaine trafficking. Seems like law enforcement shifted their focus on the Albanian clans (a lot of them are getting busted, especially in the UK) so it wouldn't surprise me if other two major types of Balkan OC are gaining prominence again. Some things never die out.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 04/01/19 06:01 PM

It's possible that we'll be seeing more widespread involvement from the Serbian and Montenegrin clans in the cocaine business again. After the Serbian and Montenegrin networks got hit hard we were seeing the Albanians making noise in cocaine trafficking. Seems like law enforcement shifted their focus on the Albanian clans (a lot of them are getting busted, especially in the UK) so it wouldn't surprise me if other two major types of Balkan OC are gaining prominence again. Some things never die out.

Albanians are huge in heroin and weed trade , not so much in cocaine trade. Its very well known here who is behind this 300 million cocaine seizure , we are going to see some murders soon.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 04/01/19 07:41 PM

Albanians are huge in heroin and weed trade , not so much in cocaine trade. Its very well known here who is behind this 300 million cocaine seizure , we are going to see some murders soon.

They've been getting more involved in cocaine the last couple of years. In Antwerp there's for instance one Albanian network involved in importing cocaine and there's plenty of cocaine dealing by Albanian gangs in London as well as reported activity in some Dutch and German cities. Law enforcement is cracking down on them hard though. They're getting nicked by the dozens.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 04/06/19 11:50 AM

Dozens arrested in swoop on Albanian mafia in France, Belgium and Netherlands
APRIL 5, 2019 18:58 EDITOR MOB WATCH

More than sixty people have been arrested during a large-scale operation involving Belgian French and Dutch police against a network of Albanian drug traffickers.

More than 8,200 cannabis plants were seized in Belgium and Revin in northern France. In total, fifteen plantations were dismantled, Europol said in a statement.

The wave of searches was carried out on between Wednesday and Friday by 645 police officers and gendarmes from Belgium , France and the Netherlands, aimed at “An Albanian polycriminal organization”.

According to Europol, the organisation is “active in particular in the large-scale production of cannabis, cocaine trafficking, prostitution, human trafficking, false documents and money laundering”.

The main suspects were arrested in Brussels, Liège and Amsterdam, but the network also has branches in France, as well as in Italy and England. The organisation laundered the proceeds if criminal actions “by investing in trade and buying real estate in Belgium and elsewhere in Europe”.

Among those who were imprisoned, some were subject to European arrest warrants issued by the Italian, British or Serbian judicial authorities.

The investigation, adds the prosecutor, started with the dismantling of a cannabis plantation in April 2018 in Harmiginies in the Belgian region of Mons. The information gathered in the process led back to the main figures of the network.

According to Europol, the gang ran a dozen marijuana plantations and sold the drugs in Belgium and northern France., where they have also been charged with human trafficking.

During searches, luxury cars, jewellery, dozens of mobile phones, 200 grams of cocaine and nearly € 90,000 were also seized.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 01/08/20 10:44 PM

HIT SQUAD Ex-Sheffield Wednesday and Juventus star Darko Kovacevic cheats death after being shot at by two assassins in Smart Car

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10695152/sheffield-wednesday-kovacic-shot-assassins/
Posted By: Rahmet

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 01/09/20 09:15 PM

https://dosja.al/video-ekskluzive-v...snajperi-godet-njehere-dhe-e-le-pertoke/

Albanian businessman killed by sniper broad day
Posted By: Rahmet

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 01/09/20 09:51 PM

https://www.koha.net/kronike/201580/shperthim-ne-zyre-plagoset-kryebashkiaku-i-lushnjes/

Mayor of Lushnje ( Albania ) attacked by grenade in his office, the accident happened after an argument with his ex-driver who pulled the grenade out of his pocket and threw it in the mayor's office leaving the mayor injured and the mayor's secretary seriously injured. 31 December 2019

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 01/18/20 02:18 AM

HIT SQUAD Ex-Sheffield Wednesday and Juventus star Darko Kovacevic cheats death after being shot at by two assassins in Smart Car

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10695152/sheffield-wednesday-kovacic-shot-assassins/

Wow..

The Serbian press launches a sensational indiscretion regarding the shooting against Darko Kovacevic , the former Juventus and Lazio striker who suffered a shooting near his home on 7 January. The instigator of the ambush would be Raul Bravo, Kovacevic's former teammate in Olympiacos: a hypothesis reinforced by the Telegraaf , which talks about the link between the story and the betting round that would have led to the arrest of 11 people, including the former Real Madrid defender. Kovacevic would have learned of some details about buying and selling matches.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 01/21/20 12:53 AM

At around 7 pm last night, in a well-known Greek tavern in Athens, Greece, Stevan Stamatovic (43) and Igor Dedovic (43) were shot dead in front of wives and children who were in their company while they were having dinner.
Four masked assailants participated in the liquidation, and they didn't care about the fact that three children, aged 6 to 10, were sitting at the table at the time of the attack.
Igor Dedovic was one of the leaders of the Skaljari Clan of Montenegro. Stamatovic was a fugitive, sentenced to 12 years in prison.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 02/13/20 10:28 PM

Mafia boss
FLOWN IN FROM MONTENEGRO
with 27 bullets delivered to MHH
Several police cars guard the entrance to the MHH

Articleby: ALEXANDER HÄNJES
published on 02/13/2020 - 10:52 a.m.
Hanover - Top security level at the Hannover Medical School (MHH)! Police patrol the corridors with submachine guns. The intensive care unit is like a high-security wing.

What's going on in Hanover's most famous clinic? "The police do not provide any further information on the protection of personal rights," said police spokesman Philipp Hasse.

For safety reasons, the clinic is guarded with submachine guns

BILD knows: A high-ranking Mafia member from Montenegro was flown to Hanover last week. The man was taken from Langenhagen airport to the MHH under the highest security precautions and accompanied by a special task force.

He was previously in a Montenegrin hospital and is said to have 27 bullets in his arms and legs. He hopes for better care in Hanover.

According to BILD information, the treatment costs of several thousand euros are borne by the injured person because he has no health insurance in Germany.

In Montenegro there are regular shootings by the hostile Skaljari and Kavac clans. But the mafiosi are also active in Germany. In May 2019, two Montenegrin clan members were executed in Brandenburg.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/11/20 07:28 PM

Montenegrin Police Bust Cigarette Smuggling Ring

https://www.occrp.org/ru/daily/12928-montenegrin-police-bust-cigarette-smuggling-ring

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/11/20 07:55 PM

Hey Strax, do you know which clans control the cigarette trade over there?

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/13/20 10:37 PM

Well its mostly 2 clans from Montenegro , its either Skaljarski or Kavacki. Since they started their war , all other powerful criminals groups chose a side , either Skaljarski or Kavacki , even most powerful groups from Belgrade sided with one side. So almost everything is controlled by them

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/15/20 02:34 AM

Well its mostly 2 clans from Montenegro , its either Skaljarski or Kavacki. Since they started their war , all other powerful criminals groups chose a side , either Skaljarski or Kavacki , even most powerful groups from Belgrade sided with one side. So almost everything is controlled by them

Thanks and the president Milo Đukanović is tied to Skaljarski or Kavacki?

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/15/20 10:24 AM

Thanks and the president Milo Đukanović is tied to Skaljarski or Kavacki?

Haha funny how u already know he is tied to someone, well Milo Đukanović was himself involved in cigarette smuggling with Camorra back in 90s. He is tied to Kavacki, almost all members of Skaljarski are killed or in prison,just this year they killed 4 key people that were hiding in Greece , while no one from Kavacki is in prison. Serbian president and almost whole state are also tied to Kavacki. Skaljarski made a mistake and killed Sale Mutavi back in 2016, he was working for secret services and was very close to president, since then Serbia sided with Kavacki , 2 months ago presidents son was photographed with them having lunch

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/15/20 08:28 PM

Thanks, I read there are 3700 documented organized criminals operating within Montenegro; outside of the country Montenegrin gangs are active throughout Europe, they have bases in Holland for decades. The gangs tend to specialize in cigarette smuggling, narcotics and arms trafficking.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/15/20 11:54 PM

Thanks, I read there are 3700 documented organized criminals operating within Montenegro; outside of the country Montenegrin gangs are active throughout Europe, they have bases in Holland for decades. The gangs tend to specialize in cigarette smuggling, narcotics and arms trafficking.

Well Goran Savić was murdered in Amsterdam in October last year and Jovo Đurović was wounded , they were both close to Skaljarski clan. The reason for shooting is , one of top leaders of Kavacki clan , Radoje Zvicers cousin is living in Amsterdam and is pretty big in cocaine business ,Skaljarski clan sent a few guys pretending to be buyers and they gave money for 50 kilos of cocaine , but they actually followed him to safe house where they beat him up and stole him 100 kilos and all money. That caused the killing and shooting of Goran Savić and Jovo Đurović. Filip Korać was hiding in Amsterdam for some time and apparently he is/was protected by very powerful people from Amsterdam

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/17/20 10:36 PM

Thanks it seems the port of Valencia, Spain is a key hub for groups from Serbia and Montenegro.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/18/20 09:19 PM

Thanks it seems the port of Valencia, Spain is a key hub for groups from Serbia and Montenegro.

Spain is a key hub for every European crime group worth its salt lol

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 10/07/20 08:09 PM

The police in Amsterdam arrested three men who allegedly helped prepare the liquidation of a Montenegrin criminal, Het Parool writes . The failed attack took place last October. Goran Savic (49) was killed instead of the Montenegrin Jovan Durovic. Durovic survived, with some gunshot wounds to the abdomen.

Goran Savic was the manager of pizzeria La Piccola Baracca at Hugo de Grootplein in Amsterdam-West. The trio of suspects reportedly told gunman Cherif A. (42) that Durovic was present that day, and also gave him a phone and a firearm. The description would also have been passed on. In the weeks before, the three would also have carried out observations.

Cherif A. was arrested the same day in a car on Admiraal de Ruijterweg, also in West. He was wearing striking clothing that resembles the gunman's clothing on surveillance footage. In the car was the murder weapon with its DNA. A. denies , saying that two others are the culprits.

Durovic is involved in a feud between different groups from Montenegro, the Škaljari and Kavač clans around the town of Kotor. Media speak of more than fifty deaths. Durovic is said to have been attacked again, which he survived.

There will be another pro forma hearing in the case next week.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 10/07/20 08:16 PM

Hey Strax I will follow this trial.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 10/12/20 11:17 PM

Are all three men arrested Dutch ? Or are there any from Balkans? Media here didn't report anything , very strange. Thanks for sharing this

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 10/13/20 12:12 AM

Are all three men arrested Dutch ? Or are there any from Balkans? Media here didn't report anything , very strange. Thanks for sharing this

The three are only identified as so called spotters who would have signaled the shooter. The three would also have made observations on Durovic in the weeks before. The investigation into the liquidation is still in full swing and more arrests are not ruled out.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 11/18/20 02:01 AM

Interior Minister: It will be either we or mafia in Serbia
AUTHOR:
FoNet
AUTHOR:
N1 Belgrade

Aleksandar Vulin, Serbia's Interior Minister, said on Tuesday the state was determined to deal with organised crime and mafia and confirmed President Aleksandar Vucic's statement about the link between some criminals and some country's institutions.

"Aleksandr Vucic never says anything by chance or without evidence. We have information about the link between mafia members and some circles within the authorities, some of whom have already been identified," Vulin said.

"In this country, mafia won't have its state – it's either we or mafia," he told the state RTS TV.

Vulin also said the police were tasked with fighting street crime, prevent the sale of drugs in schools, violence, pickpocketing and other crime which made people feeling unsafe.

Commenting on the latest killing in a Belgrade's shopping mall, Vulin said there was "no safe place when mafia wages war."

"We have two drug cartels – Kavacki and Skaljarski, possibly the most powerful in Europe, and the brutality in their show-downs resembles movies," he added.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 11/18/20 11:29 AM

They are literally the mafia , as i said already president Aleksandar Vucic's son was pictured multiple times with members of Kavacki cartel.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 11/19/20 01:28 AM

They are literally the mafia , as i said already president Aleksandar Vucic's son was pictured multiple times with members of Kavacki cartel.

They really became big under Milosevic and your country is still dealing with aftermath of the yugoslav wars relations with EU for example have been difficult still.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 12/04/20 11:25 AM

One Montenegrin Dejan D. (29) the others have the dutch nationality Eyüp T. (35) was released this week. The two other suspects remain in custody.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 04/27/21 10:12 AM

[Linked Image]

Montenegro Police Arrest Kavač Clan Boss, Slobodan Kašćelan

https://www.occrp.org/en/daily/14278-montenegro-police-arrest-kavac-clan-boss-slobodan-kascelan

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 07/19/21 09:41 PM

The 42-year-old Cherif A. has been sentenced to 24 years in prison by the Amsterdam court for shooting pizzeria owner Goran Savic on October 23, 2019. Two "spotters", Denzel V. (23) and Dejan D. (30), are sentenced to 18 years in prison. A third spotter was acquitted.

The murder of the Amsterdam Serb Goran Savic, who was shot dead in his pizzeria on Hugo de Grootplein, was a mistake. The actual target was Jovan Durovic, who was seriously injured in the shooting. Innocent Savic was killed by being shot in the neck when he came to Durovic's aid. Durovic was a regular customer of the pizzeria.

Notorious Montenegrin criminal
Jovan Durovic is a notorious Montenegrin criminal who is embroiled in a bloody conflict between different groups from the former Yugoslavia. Durovic is part of the Serbian Zemun clan, including Luka Bojovic, who was convicted in Spain. Justice held that group responsible, among other things, for the murder in 2006 of the Amsterdam Montenegrin Srdjan “Sergio” Miranovic .
Posted By: spartan

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 07/20/21 12:53 PM

The 42-year-old Cherif A. has been sentenced to 24 years in prison by the Amsterdam court for shooting pizzeria owner Goran Savic on October 23, 2019. Two "spotters", Denzel V. (23) and Dejan D. (30), are sentenced to 18 years in prison. A third spotter was acquitted.

The murder of the Amsterdam Serb Goran Savic, who was shot dead in his pizzeria on Hugo de Grootplein, was a mistake. The actual target was Jovan Durovic, who was seriously injured in the shooting. Innocent Savic was killed by being shot in the neck when he came to Durovic's aid. Durovic was a regular customer of the pizzeria.

Notorious Montenegrin criminal
Jovan Durovic is a notorious Montenegrin criminal who is embroiled in a bloody conflict between different groups from the former Yugoslavia. Durovic is part of the Serbian Zemun clan, including Luka Bojovic, who was convicted in Spain. Justice held that group responsible, among other things, for the murder in 2006 of the Amsterdam Montenegrin Srdjan “Sergio” Miranovic .

Dutch sentencing - like most of Europe - is quite light. These ppl would be really screwed in the USA.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 07/20/21 01:01 PM

Veljko Belivuk(Velja Nevolja) with his victims. On first photo person on the right is Lale, software developer who was responsible for encrypted phones.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 07/20/21 07:48 PM

Well that guy didn't go out quick and clean, that's for sure.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 07/21/21 01:20 AM

Yugoslav gangsters are among the most brutal in Europe, the Balkan war had a huge impact.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 07/27/21 03:27 PM

Interesting the pink panthers are now also linked to the Montenegro feud.

Ukraine Cops Implicated in Attempted Murder of Montenegrin Gangster

https://www.occrp.org/en/balkan-coc...attempted-murder-of-montenegrin-gangster

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 07/27/21 05:10 PM

Interesting the pink panthers are now also linked to the Montenegro feud.

Pink panthers are part of it for some time now , a few of their leaders got killed by Velja , dismembered and thrown into river probably. They sided with losing side.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/15/21 10:30 PM

The Spanish police last week, in collaboration with the Guardia Civil, have dismantled a cocaine organization in the Canary Islands. The four suspects are members of the Skaljari clan, a notorious Montenegro crime group known for its brutality. One of them is said to be the leader of the Pink Panthers , an international organization of jewel thieves with roots in the Balkans.

The criminal network had set up a drug line in the Canary Islands with members who remained completely undercover. They stayed in luxury rental houses from which they distributed cocaine to local organizations. In November 2020, officers saw how members of the organization gave 250,000 and 155,000 euros in cash to third parties on different days to launder the amounts.

In the Netherlands, Montenegrins have also been prominent in international crime networks for decades. Montenegrins turned up in the case of the cocaine smuggling of Urk fishermen who picked up drugs at sea. Ranko Šćekić, who was liquidated in Utrecht in 2016, was a Montenegrin.

A feud over a batch of drugs between the Skaljari and Kavac clans of Montenegro has sparked deadly violence in several European countries since 2014. The assassination attempt in which restaurant owner Goran Savic died in Amsterdam in October 2019 is also associated with this feud. Savic was not the intended target, Jovan Djurovic was. He was seriously injured and is considered part of the Serbian Zemun clan.

Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/29/21 08:07 AM

WATCH: Balkan cartel behind cocaine pipeline to Europe busted – High-value targets arrested https://gangstersinc.org/blog/watch-balkan-cartel-behind-cocaine-pipeline-to-europe-busted-high

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 04/25/22 09:04 AM

Cocaine baron Darko Saric arrested and tried again
In Serbia, Darko Saric, who was convicted of large-scale cocaine trafficking, has been re-arrested and brought to trial in a new criminal case. He is now suspected of ordering a liquidation and again for large-scale smuggling of cocaine. In addition to Saric, a number of co-defendants in Belgrade, including his lawyer Dejan Lazarevic, are on trial.

5.7 tons of cocaine
International police organizations have been investigating Saric's network since 2009. He was himself arrested in 2014 and found guilty in Belgrade in 2018 of importing 5.7 tons of cocaine into Europe. He was jailed for 15 years. In 2020, his lawyers filed an appeal in cassation. And in 2021, his case was referred back to the Supreme Court on procedural grounds by the Supreme Court, a decision that sparked excitement in Serbia as openly questioned the integrity of a justice who previously served the case of a large cigarette smuggler, as it turned out on incorrect grounds. The US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) counted this Stanko “Cane” Subotic as one of Darko Saric's business partners.

In 2020, Saric was also sentenced to nine years in prison for money laundering, but he was released again.

Ecuador
There is now a new case against Saric, and he was arrested this spring. He is said to have ordered the liquidation of a Serb in Ecuador. In January, Milan “Cigla” Milovac, 47, died in a hospital in Ecuador after being shot at. Saric is also said to have led a criminal organization that negotiated the purchase of cocaine for large-scale export to Europe between 2020 and April 14, 2022 in South America. Furthermore, Saric is suspected (among other things) with his lawyer that he has tried to influence and discredit witnesses with untrue statements.

According to the justice system, they also prepared false documents from the secret service that implied that the suspects worked for the secret service and should be left alone by the judiciary.

The evidence in the case comes from police cracked messages from the Sky ECC server. Saric would have liked to have been referred to by the alias Putin.

Several of the group's suspects are on the run.
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 07/29/22 03:44 PM

Balkan cartel trafficking cocaine from South America to Europe busted – Connection to Calabrian Mafia https://gangstersinc.org/blog/balkan-cartel-trafficking-cocaine-from-south-america-to-europe-bu
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 08/26/22 05:55 AM

A Montenegro citizen got killed in Zr?e, Croatia by a Serbian citizen - both connected to the criminal underworld: https://glashrvatske.hrt.hr/en/domestic/man-dies-in-shooting-near-zrce-beach-9208868

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/12/22 10:04 PM

Leader of the Škaljari clan, Jovan Vukotic , killed in Turkey

https://www.occrp.org/en/daily/16759-montenegrin-mafia-boss-killed-in-turkey

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/12/22 10:08 PM

Škaljari are wiped , whole "ruling panel" killed in last 2 months , its well known that Kavaci are working with state. There are pictures of Kavaci member and presidents son etc

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/12/22 11:52 PM

Škaljari are wiped , whole "ruling panel" killed in last 2 months , its well known that Kavaci are working with state. There are pictures of Kavaci member and presidents son etc

Hi my friend! It's amazing a few hundred of stolen kilos could led to such a violent war.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/13/22 09:14 AM

Hi my friend! It's amazing a few hundred of stolen kilos could led to such a violent war.

Started as a small brawl regarding few kilos but quickly turned into vendetta, they are even killing family members , but now it should slow down since Skaljari are literally no more , all big players in Belgrade also sided with Kavaci years ago.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/14/22 12:29 PM

Nikola Pekovic, ex NBA player associated with drug lord Darko Saric. Imagine a 6'11", 300lbs enforcer coming to you to demand money, and you challenge him to a shootout... a free throw shootout smile

https://www.sportscasting.com/nikola-pekovic-retired-from-the-nba-to-become-a-drug-lord/

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/19/22 11:33 AM

Apparently a man from Amsterdam is responsible for murder , Jos Leijdekkers who is very close to Kavacki clan organized the killing. Leader of Kavacki clan was hiding in Amsterdam for some time with help of Jos Leijdekkers also known as El Presidente.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/19/22 08:14 PM

Apparently a man from Amsterdam is responsible for murder , Jos Leijdekkers who is very close to Kavacki clan organized the killing. Leader of Kavacki clan was hiding in Amsterdam for some time with help of Jos Leijdekkers also known as El Presidente.

Interesting Jos L. was already the most wanted fugitive in Holland. Jos grew up in Breda, but is currently seen by the police and the judiciary as the 'new number 1' of the dutch underworld. He is still pretty young 30 I think. The police and the Public Prosecution Service released new images of him earlier this month.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/20/22 11:59 AM

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/20/22 12:43 PM

Interesting Jos L. was already the most wanted fugitive in Holland. Jos grew up in Breda, but is currently seen by the police and the judiciary as the 'new number 1' of the dutch underworld. He is still pretty young 30 I think. The police and the Public Prosecution Service released new images of him earlier this month.

Really? I had no idea he is big player in Holland.Here no one mentioned anything , just associate of Kavacki clan.His right-hand man is Desimir Babic from Belgrade , arrested in Amsterdam in 2016 for cocaine trafficking. Desimir Babic introduced Jos to Kavacki clan. After decrypting Sky , police found chats between Zvicer and Jos , together they laundered more than 20$ million via real estate in Holland,Turkey and Dubai.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/20/22 06:18 PM

Really? I had no idea he is big player in Holland.Here no one mentioned anything , just associate of Kavacki clan.His right-hand man is Desimir Babic from Belgrade , arrested in Amsterdam in 2016 for cocaine trafficking. Desimir Babic introduced Jos to Kavacki clan. After decrypting Sky , police found chats between Zvicer and Jos , together they laundered more than 20$ million via real estate in Holland,Turkey and Dubai.

As far as organized crime goes, he's the most wanted man in the Netherlands at the moment. Nobody knows all that much about him, but he kinda came out of nowhere. When the focus was on the Moroccan, Antillean and Surinamese criminals from Amsterdam that were feuding at the time, he must've been building his empire in silence. Allegedly his father used to be connected to the Brabant underworld, but there isn't much to be found about him either. He is to be taken seriously, that much is evident.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/20/22 08:55 PM

It's unbelievable how the hack of SKY ECC messaging service triggered investigations world wide already about 1,230 arrests.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/21/22 12:12 PM

It's unbelievable how the hack of SKY ECC messaging service triggered investigations world wide already about 1,230 arrests.

SKY messages also revealed that they buy cocaine from Calabrians , Jos introduced them to some guy they call "calabrese". He was the one that organized every cocaine shipment from Calabria to Balkans from 2019 do 2021.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/21/22 10:34 PM

SKY messages also revealed that they buy cocaine from Calabrians , Jos introduced them to some guy they call "calabrese". He was the one that organized every cocaine shipment from Calabria to Balkans from 2019 do 2021.

It really shows how they work together around Europe. Last year there was italian police action codenamed 'Platinum Dia' and mainly targeted two clans of the Calabrese mafia: the Agresta family and the Giorgi family. The suspects used the encrypted EncroChat and SKY to communicate.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/22/22 09:34 AM

Alleged killers of Serbian mob boss nabbed in Istanbul
BY DAILY SABAH
ISTANBUL SEP 22, 2022 - 10:26 AM GMT+3

Turkish police detained 12 suspects including the head of a rival criminal clan over the murder of Jovan Vukotic, a Serbian mob boss. The Turkish National Police announced on Wednesday the capture of Radoje Zivkovic, head of the Kavac clan, Zdravko Perunovic and 10 other suspects linked to the murder in Istanbul’s ?i?li district on Sept. 8.

Vukotic, who runs the “Skaljari” clan based in Montenegro, was captured in Türkiye three years ago and extradited to Serbia. After he was released from detention, he illegally entered Türkiye, Turkish authorities said in a statement. He was in a car with his wife and child when two gunmen on a motorcycle approached it and fired fatal shots. His family and the driver survived the attack. The family was traveling to a shopping center when the attack occurred.

An investigation by Turkish police organized crime and intelligence units revealed the murder was perpetrated by Zivkovic's “connections” in Türkiye and the suspect and others were detained on Sept. 16. Police also confiscated 11 fake IDs, six fake passports and two guns used in the murder.

Turkish media outlets reported that Vukotic was wanted with an international search warrant. Ihlas News Agency (IHA) reported that the murder stemmed from a feud between the Kavac and Skaljari clans. The feud reportedly dates back to 2015, over the “disappearance” of 300 kilograms (661 pounds) of cocaine from an apartment in Spain’s Valencia. Media outlets reported that the conflict between criminal clans led to the murders of 40 people in various countries, from Montenegro to Serbia, Austria and Greece, since 2015.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/22/22 12:17 PM

Until recently it was suspected that Jos L. is staying in Turkey but he has probably left the country in advance.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 10/31/22 08:37 PM

U.S. charges former Montenegro boxer over 22-ton, $1 billion cocaine seizure

https://www.fxempire.com/news/artic...22-ton-1-billion-cocaine-seizure-1180299

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 11/30/22 03:56 PM

A Serbian former football player was recently arrested in Amsterdam in an international investigation into cocaine trafficking. It concerns Dusan Petkovic, the son of the former national coach of the Serbia national football team Ilija Petkovic. He was arrested for allegedly being involved in cocaine smuggling. The arrest was part of a police operation against a Montenegrin clan from Vracar, a town near Belgrade.

The investigation is being carried out by a special branch of the Public Prosecutor's Office in Serbia, which deals with organized crime. A total of eight people were arrested and a total of 115 kilos of cocaine was seized.

Between 1992 and 2007, Dusan Petkovic played for VfL Wolfsburg, 1. FC Nürnberg, Spartak Moscow and RCD Mallorca, among others. His father Iljia Petkovic, who died in 2020, played in the 1974 World Championship in Germany for the Yugoslavia national team. Between 2003 and 2006 he was national coach of Serbia.

It is suspected that the members of this criminal organization had large quantities of cocaine transported from South America to the port of Rotterdam.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 11/30/22 04:44 PM

Montenegrin clan from Vracar, a town near Belgrade.

Vracar is part of Belgrade , its actually city center. The "vracar crew" is close to kavacki clan.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 12/01/22 12:05 AM

Montenegrin clan from Vracar, a town near Belgrade.

Vracar is part of Belgrade , its actually city center. The "vracar crew" is close to kavacki clan.

Seems they still have a foothold in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and other dutch cities since the 70's the yugoslavs are big players here.

How is Joca Jocic doing?

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 12/03/22 12:07 AM

How is Joca Jocic doing?

Well he will be out soon , but police are on high alert , Luka Bojovic was released from Spain and deported to Serbia , he is a free man here , he is in war with Kavacki clan , he lost almost everyone , but he is also in war with Joca , according to police Willem Holleeder ordered a few killings via Luka Bojovic to Jocic closest people , among them Jocic's best man.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 12/03/22 01:07 AM

How is Joca Jocic doing?

Well he will be out soon , but police are on high alert , Luka Bojovic was released from Spain and deported to Serbia , he is a free man here , he is in war with Kavacki clan , he lost almost everyone , but he is also in war with Joca , according to police Willem Holleeder ordered a few killings via Luka Bojovic to Jocic closest people , among them Jocic's best man.

Thanks I also believe there is still the feud between Jocic's group and Maruf 'Paja' M., ' Milos 'Bato' P. and Sefto B. Paja and Holleeder became close.
There have been many murders over the years most notorious was the car bomb in which Deborah Horstman died in 1999 in a mistaken murder. Bom was intended for her boyfriend, the Yugoslav criminal Milete 'Momo' Popovic.
Also the murder of a 30-year-old Yugoslav in 2000 who was shot dead in a Japanese restaurant in Amsterdam together with a 28-year-old female compatriot and a 27-year-old Dutch woman.
The 'Yugo's' formed two camps, but 'in reality', according to Justice, it was 'more colorful': loyalties sometimes changed, groups split off or defected.
In Amsterdam they hung out in pubs such as Fred Looyen on Mercatorplein, 't Kasteeltje in Achillesstraat, Churchill's Corner in Scheldestraat, some cafes and restaurants in Oud-West and De Pijp plus permanent spots around Rembrandtplein and Leidseplein.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 12/03/22 01:37 AM

Zeljko Raznatovic, aka Arkan, escaped from Amsterdam's Bijlmer prison in 1981.
He was arrested in the Netherlands on October 24, 1979 for armed robberies in Amsterdam and The Hague.
It became later known he had a daughter in Belgium who was raised by her stepfather a dutch criminal.

[Linked Image]

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 12/03/22 03:07 AM

Strax can you add to this?

Branislav Saranovic "brano", was a main member of the Italo-Yugoslav mafia clan Saranovic active in several European countries. His clan had complete control over Montenegro, much of Belgrade and eastern Bosnia. In 1991, Branislav killed Boris Petkov, a member of the Vozdovac clan. He was murdered 10 september 2009 to his apartment in Belgrade by the Vozdovac clan in revenge.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 12/03/22 03:14 AM

Sweden

Dragan Joksovic "Jokso", famous player, suspected cigarette dealer; murdered February 4, 1998 in Solvalla, Stockholm , by a Finnish assassin hired by "Kova". He was a close friend of Arkan's and is said to have helped him on numerous occasions. Arkan and many other well-known mafia figures attended his funeral. "Kova" was then killed on Arkan's orders in front of sixty guests to get revenge!

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 12/04/22 06:03 PM

Branislav Saranovic "brano", was a main member of the Italo-Yugoslav mafia clan Saranovic active in several European countries. His clan had complete control over Montenegro, much of Belgrade and eastern Bosnia. In 1991, Branislav killed Boris Petkov, a member of the Vozdovac clan. He was murdered 10 september 2009 to his apartment in Belgrade by the Vozdovac clan in revenge.

He wasn't killed by Vozdovacki clan , they are defunct since early 2000s. He was killed by order of Luka Bojovic. It all started in july 2009 when Slobodan Radonjic went missing in Belgrade , he was best man of Slobodan and Branislav Saranovic , Branislav Saranovic came to Belgrade a month later to try and find out what happened to his best man , he was killed immediately upon arriving. His brother Slobodan Saranovic then went public and said he will give 1$ million to executors of his brother if they just tell him who ordered it.Slobodan blamed Luka Bojovic and Filip Korac for everything, Slobodan ordered killing of Luka Bojovic's brother Nikola , who had nothing to do with organized crime. That started blood feud between two groups , almost everyone on both sides are dead , Luka Bojovic , Filip Korac and Veljko Banovic are only one that are still alive , Veljko Banovic was arrested in Antwerp with 1.7$ million in cash and with 4kg of cocaine. Veljko Banovic ordered killing of Goran Tasic who was killed in Amsterdam in 2018. Filip Korac was also hiding in Amsterdam for some time.Later they sided with Skaljarski clan that ended up on losing side , they literally have no one left . Kavacki clan is very close to Jos "El presidente" Leijdekkers , he ordered killing of last standing boss of Skaljarski clan this year in Istanbul.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 12/04/22 06:08 PM

Well Jocic said that Maruf "Paja M" is the one behind arrest of Luka Bojovic in Spain , apparently he tipped off police and told them everything. Jocic also said that Maruf "Paja M" and Luka Bojovic are involved in at least 12 killings in Amsterdam.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 12/04/22 06:51 PM

Well Jocic said that Maruf "Paja M" is the one behind arrest of Luka Bojovic in Spain , apparently he tipped off police and told them everything. Jocic also said that Maruf "Paja M" and Luka Bojovic are involved in at least 12 killings in Amsterdam.

Interesting I remember the murders of Alex Bulatovic (Amsterdam) and Mirko Vukmirovic (in Benidorm). Mirko was set to talk to the Guardia Civil.

The name Joca Jocic still make a lot of people here nervous. As Willem Holleeder 's archenemy, his name appears in numerous murder cases.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 12/05/22 12:57 AM

Strax do you know more about Ranko Scekic who was shot dead on June 22, 2016 in Utrecht on orders of Ridouan Taghi. (one of the murders in Marengo trial), he was talking with police, but I don't know his background. He was from Montenegro.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/14/23 07:59 AM

Enes I. (28), one of the nine suspects in the Colombian drug murder in Bergen aan Zee (Holland), was liquidated in Macedonia on Monday, March 6. This is written by various Macedonian media. The criminal case against nine suspects in the kidnapping and murder of a 45-year-old Colombian will start before the court at Schiphol on Wednesday.

Macedonian Enes I. (alias “Zhilla”) was shot dead together with another criminal (Jeton K., 37) last Monday evening in a hotel bar in Skopje, the capital of Macedonia. In addition to the two deaths, a waiter was also injured, according to Macedonian media. Four or five gunmen reportedly entered the bar wearing police uniforms and carrying automatic weapons. They pretended to be on a police raid and shot the two victims in the head.

A burnt-out Audi A6 was found a short time later at a location further in Skopje. Police believe it was the gunmen's getaway car.

Jeton K. was already the target of a liquidation attempt in 2019. In the background is a conflict between two criminal groups from Skopje.

In the criminal case against Enes I. the Public Prosecution Service will ask to be declared inadmissible. A ninth suspect is still on the run, but his criminal case will still be heard in court.

On Wednesday, March 15, the criminal proceedings against nine men suspected of involvement in the kidnapping and murder of a 45-year-old Colombian, on February 16, 2021 in Bergen aan Zee, will start before the court at Schiphol.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/28/23 12:21 PM

In Belgium, the kidnapped ex-bouncer Mo Azzaoui (49) has been released after being taken hostage on 22 February. He was blindfolded and dropped off in the night from Sunday to Monday and picked up by family. He is physically in good health, according to the Gazet van Antwerpen. The Serbian kidnappers would have become convinced that Azzaoui had nothing to do with the disappearance of 1.2 tons of cocaine. Azzaoui would have been treated well by the kidnappers. He was given pizzas to eat and was allowed to shower and shave. No ransom was paid.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/29/23 03:41 PM

In Belgium, the kidnapped ex-bouncer Mo Azzaoui (49) has been released after being taken hostage on 22 February. He was blindfolded and dropped off in the night from Sunday to Monday and picked up by family. He is physically in good health, according to the Gazet van Antwerpen. The Serbian kidnappers would have become convinced that Azzaoui had nothing to do with the disappearance of 1.2 tons of cocaine. Azzaoui would have been treated well by the kidnappers. He was given pizzas to eat and was allowed to shower and shave. No ransom was paid.

Well apparently he returned some of the cocaine , so he had something to do with the robbery. He said that "King" and "Smiley" stole the cocaine , Bosnian restaurant was blown up, Bosnian owner S. A. is connected to "King" and also connected to stolen cocaine. Apparently Serbians bought cocaine from Brazil and now they can't pay it because the cocaine is stolen and they can't sell it.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/29/23 07:22 PM

Any idea which Serbian group was involved?

If this were the late 90's or early 2000's that guy would've been "ideš za Kanadu" as we speak, regardless if he returned some of the cocaine or not lol.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/29/23 07:49 PM

If this were the late 90's or early 2000's that guy would've been "ideš za Kanadu" as we speak, regardless if he returned some of the cocaine or not lol.

Glad to hear it's not only us Balkans who use that term! Or as Saul Goodman would say "Trip to Belize" smile

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/29/23 10:09 PM

Probably Kavacki clan, its mix of montenegro and serbian criminals , they are the most powerful group in Balkans right now , since they killed almost everyone who were against them. There are photos going around of people being tortured , cut up in pieces and so on , as message on Sky said: "Look baby, Mexico in center of Belgrade".

Anyway Kavacki are very close to very powerful people in Netherlands.They have a lot of cocaine business going on in there.It was smarter to release a guy then risk a full on war against other organized crime group, that would mean insane heat at all of them and probably prison in a year.

Radoje Zvicer's(Leader of Kavacki clan) cousin is leader there , they stole 100 kilos from him few years ago ,that lead to shooting of Jovo Djurovic in Amsterdam , order and weapons came from Montenegro but shooter was Moroccan.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/29/23 10:17 PM

Also the president's son is often seen with these guys around Belgrade, there are even photos of them together all over internet. So we know who's side is state , that's one of main reasons why Kavacki clan became most powerful group, all of secret services and politicians in Balkans are on their side.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/29/23 10:54 PM

Strax, Jos Leijdekkers and Edin Gacanin are from the same town Breda.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 03/30/23 12:23 AM

Thanks to the hack of SKY we see so many connections all over Europe.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 04/21/23 02:22 PM

‘The Bosnian’ (46), Taghi’s financial man, extradited by Serbia | Interior
Thursday 20th April 2023 07:50 AM

The Public Prosecution Service has managed to bring back Boris P. from the circle around Ridouan Taghi to the Netherlands. The 46-year-old criminal was extradited from Serbia on Thursday and will be arraigned in Rotterdam on Friday.

Boris P. had emigrated to Montenegro, but was arrested when he made a trip to Serbia. P. was nicknamed the Bosnian among accomplices. He is suspected of international trafficking in large quantities of cocaine. Justice sees him as ‘CEO of the violence and finance divisions’ of the mocro mafia. The Public Prosecution Service got his eye on him through cracked chat messages.

According to the judiciary, P. looked after the store in the Netherlands, while Taghi and other leaders ran the business from abroad. “He ensured that the revenue model of the criminal organization was maintained, checked whether drug transports took place and possibly also provided violent assignments,” said spokesperson Wim de Bruin last year. The entire top of the gang has now been arrested: Taghi was arrested in Dubai , Saïd Razzouki was later arrested in Colombia, Greg F. in Curaçao and Jaoud F. in Morocco.

The Bosnian was arrested in May last year, but it took almost a year to bring him back to the Netherlands. He flew to Schiphol on a scheduled flight, under the guidance of the Marechaussee.

In the meantime, according to the OM, his place in the criminal organization has been taken by a 40-year-old man from De Meern, who was arrested last March 28. That man would be a criminal relation of P..

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 05/13/23 12:04 PM

Dutch police help arrest former Pink Panther leader
May 12, 2023

The Dutch police cooperated in an international action in the Balkans against a large organized crime organization. One of those arrested was a former leader of the 'Pink Panthers'.

The European police organization Europol claims that with the raids and arrests in this case last Thursday, the largest drug organization in this region has been killed.

A total of 23 suspects were arrested. Earlier, in 2021, seven members of the group were already arrested in Belgium. Two people had already been arrested in connection with other crimes in Serbia and Peru. On May 8, a suspect was arrested in the Netherlands. Three of the arrested suspects are said to be leaders of the organization.

Explosives
35 house searches were carried out. Fifteen luxury cars were seized, expensive jewelery and watches worth an estimated two million euros, and nearly three million euros in cash. Police found two sniper rifles, three automatic rifles, firearms, silencers, detonators, remote controls for explosives, packs of explosives, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

The action is the result of the police hack into the encrypted message server Sky ECC. The Dutch police helped to find the organization's Serbian king pins. The organization is said to be behind the smuggling of thousands of kilos of cocaine from South America and West Africa to Europe. Of this, 700 kilos could be traced to a seizure in the port of Rotterdam, 1.2 tons in Hasselt in Belgium, and 5000 kilos in Aruba.

Pink Panthers
The gang is known in the criminal world for its use of violence and involvement in high-profile robberies. One of the leaders, according to Europol, was a former leader of the Pink Panther criminal group. They would be responsible, among other things, for the jewelry robbery at the TEFAF fair in Limburg in 2022.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 05/22/23 12:46 PM

Colombia cops search for Serbian drug trafficker who escaped immigration custody at airport after asking to buy water, then accomplices whisked him away amid shootout

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...escaped-immigration-custody-airport.html

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 05/30/23 09:36 PM

Influential Bulgarian mafia boss killed in South Africa
By Krassen Nikolov | EURACTIV.bg

Est. 3min 26 mei 2023 (updated: 26 mei 2023)
Content-Type:
News

The South African police published information that they found the bodies of four people – two men and two women, “who are believed to be of Bulgarian origin” in Kamenov’s house. [Shutterstock/Arisha Ray Singh]

A notorious figure of the Bulgarian criminal underground, Krasimir Kamenov, nicknamed Karo, and his wife were killed in a bloody massacre in Cape Town, South Africa, on Thursday, sources confirmed to EURACTIV on Thursday.

Karo was known as part of the former Bulgarian criminal group VIS-2, which had enormous economic and political power before Bulgaria became a member of the EU in 2007.

In addition to Kamenov and his wife, their two housemaids were also shot during the attack. The three children of the Bulgarian crime boss survived because they were at school at the time of the attack.

Kamenov was wanted with a red notice by Interpol due to suspected involvement in the murder of the Bulgarian criminal police’s former boss, Lubomir Ivanov, in early 2022.

The South African police published information that they found the bodies of four people – two men and two women, “who are believed to be of Bulgarian origin” in Kamenov’s house. The four were shot dead, and the Bulgarian special services unofficially confirmed Kamenov was killed. The bodies were found in a Cape Town suburb at around 8.20 am local time on Thursday.

The shooting of Kamenov takes place as Sofia is undergoing a huge political shakeup after it was announced that long-term political rivals, the GERB party of long-serving Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov and We Continue the Change-Democratic Bulgaria joined forces to lead the new government together.

“We are going back to gangster times,” Bulgaria’s Chief Prosecutor Ivan Geshev said after the news of Kamenov’s murder.

Geshev is expected to be the first victim since the formation of the new coalition after the head of the prosecution was accused of illegally recording a colleague in the Supreme Judicial Council. Just a month and a half ago, Geshev named Kamenov his shadow enemy and suspected him of participating in a group to discredit the Prosecutor General and the Prosecutor’s Office. Two weeks later, an explosion occurred near Geshev’s car, but he did not name Kamenov as the suspect.

Kamenov was known as the owner of a large fruit and vegetable market in Sofia. Large quantities of cocaine were found at the market several times in recent years, but there is no public information that Kamenov was associated with these drugs.

Under the leadership of former European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker, about three and half years ago, the Commission stopped monitoring Bulgaria under the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism.

It decided that the poorest EU country had solved its old problems with organised crime, turning a blind eye to the lack of results in the fight against corruption at the highest level.,

Bulgaria is now pushing to enter the visa-free Schengen zone, but the Netherlands insists the Commission renews such monitoring.

(Krassen Nikolov | EURACTIV.bg)

https://www.euractiv.com/section/po...arian-mafia-boss-killed-in-south-africa/

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 06/05/23 10:27 PM

Crime boss linked to missing OneCoin scammer Ruja Ignatova shot dead

A Bulgarian mobster gunned down in South Africa may have been about to reveal more details about the disappearance of so-called ‘Crypto Queen’ and OneCoin scammer Ruja Ignatova.

https://cryptonews.net/news/other/21096573/

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 06/05/23 10:32 PM

Ruja Ignatova is a Bulgarian-German convicted fraudster. She is best known as the founder of a ponzi scheme known as OneCoin, which has been described by The Times as "one of the biggest scams in history". Since last summer, the woman has been on the FBI's top 10 most wanted list.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 07/07/23 03:57 PM

Strax, Jos Leijdekkers and Edin Gacanin are from the same town Breda.

Mirza Ga?anin, believed to be in top of the Tito and Dino drug cartel has been arrested in Spain he is Edin's uncle.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 07/07/23 05:57 PM

Mirza Ga?anin, believed to be in top of the Tito and Dino drug cartel has been arrested in Spain he is Edin's uncle.

Mirza Ga?anin was on the run , he was sentenced in Netherlands to 4 years for laundering millions of money , also assets worth 2.3 million euros were sized from Breda in Netherlands.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 07/08/23 10:47 AM

Mirza Ga?anin was on the run , he was sentenced in Netherlands to 4 years for laundering millions of money , also assets worth 2.3 million euros were sized from Breda in Netherlands.

Criminal arrested in Spain from Breda fled 'for fear of being stabbed to death'
According to his lawyer Louis de Leon, Mirza G. is not on the run from his prison sentence, but from Edin G. to whom the police link him. Mirza G. would not have been on good terms with his nephew for 20 years. Three years ago he even filed a report against him because of a failed attempt to liquidate him.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 07/08/23 11:41 AM

Criminal arrested in Spain from Breda fled 'for fear of being stabbed to death'
According to his lawyer Louis de Leon, Mirza G. is not on the run from his prison sentence, but from Edin G. to whom the police link him. Mirza G. would not have been on good terms with his nephew for 20 years. Three years ago he even filed a report against him because of a failed attempt to liquidate him.

U.S. Sanctions Narco Boss from Bosnia and Herzegovina

https://www.occrp.org/en/daily/17431-u-s-sanctions-narco-boss-from-bosnia-and-herzegovina

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 07/08/23 12:45 PM

Moscow is reaping the benefits of Bulgaria’s faltering anti-corruption fight

https://www.euronews.com/2023/07/06...ulgarias-faltering-anti-corruption-fight

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/03/23 08:15 PM

How the 'good' Serge Miranovic became a pivot in the Amsterdam underworld
From the edition of Wednesday, July 19, 2023: In 2006, a liquidation is carried out on Serge Miranovic, the Yugoslav gangster who, according to sources, was the most handsome gangster who ever walked around in the Netherlands. Miranovic managed to grow into a pivot in the Amsterdam underworld in record time. How? And who did he do that with? And why did he have to die anyway? A portrait.

https://panorama.nl/artikel/499694/...-spil-werd-in-de-amsterdamse-onderwereld

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/03/23 10:39 PM

Strax translate the article to english it's pretty good and shows how the Yugo's and Dutch Penoze are intertwined there is much more but a good start.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/04/23 08:51 AM

Strax translate the article to english it's pretty good and shows how the Yugo's and Dutch Penoze are intertwined there is much more but a good start.

It is pretty good and detailed article , i thought Holleeder was sentenced for murder , Milos-Bata Petrovic was sentenced to 15 years for Serge's murder.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/04/23 07:51 PM

It is pretty good and detailed article , i thought Holleeder was sentenced for murder , Milos-Bata Petrovic was sentenced to 15 years for Serge's murder.

Interesting, Holleeder was arrested in his cell for the murder, but he was never officially charged, however witnesses stated that Holleeder, Maruf 'Paja' M. and Luka B. had a festive gathering in a restaurant in The Hague after the murder of Miranovic.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/04/23 10:05 PM

Interesting, Holleeder was arrested in his cell for the murder, but he was never officially charged, however witnesses stated that Holleeder, Maruf 'Paja' M. and Luka B. had a festive gathering in a restaurant in The Hague after the murder of Miranovic.

Luka B. is Luka Bojovic if u didn't know , one of biggest organized crime players in the Balkans , if not the biggest.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/04/23 10:28 PM

Luka B. is Luka Bojovic if u didn't know , one of biggest organized crime players in the Balkans , if not the biggest.

I don't know much about him but he was very close to Holleeder in the feud with Joca Jocic. Former member of Arkan Tigers I believe. In December he arrived back home after ten years spent in prison in Spain.
Is the Zemun clan still active? Because in recent years Bojovic has been linked directly to the Škaljar clan.

Edin Gacanin on the other hand previously protected the leader of the Kavac clan, Radoj Zvicer.

His criminal group associated with the blacksmith clan did not only trade drugs, they also committed other crimes, theft, money laundering, extortion, kidnapping and murder. The Colombian police even have evidence that they bought and sold soccer players around the world, in order to funnel money earned from cocaine into legal channels. It was this activity that helped the investigators, because the trail of money from the sale of players was followed - the Spanish Abc.es reported, without specifying which football transfers were involved.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 09/09/23 03:08 PM

I don't know much about him but he was very close to Holleeder in the feud with Joca Jocic. Former member of Arkan Tigers I believe. In December he arrived back home after ten years spent in prison in Spain.
Is the Zemun clan still active? Because in recent years Bojovic has been linked directly to the Škaljar clan.

Yes, he was/is very well connected with important players in Netherlands. Zemun clan is not active anymore , last members were arrested in Spain together with Luka Bojovic. Filip Korac who is his right hand basically is very close to Skaljarski clan.

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 10/08/23 01:02 PM

'Undercover German police officer tortured and murdered in Spain'
October 8, 2023

An undercover German police officer was tortured and murdered on Spain's Costa del Sol in the summer of last year. According to research by WDR and NDR, the 33-year-old Serb was an undercover police officer in Hesse, who was used to infiltrate drug networks.

Cannabis and cocaine
The police in Hesse are said to have specifically deployed the Serb to investigate an international drug network that allegedly traded cannabis, cocaine and other drugs on a large scale. The information provided by the murdered police informant is said to have already been processed in various investigations.

Holiday home
The life of undercover agent Aleksandar K. ended on a chair in a holiday apartment in the southern Spanish city of Marbella. With a plastic bag over his head and his hands and feet tied, the Serb is said to have been tortured for days before being shot twice in the head.

German residence permit
On June 30, 2022, a day after the murder, the landlord discovered the body. It took the Spanish police some time to identify the dead man. He had no identity papers with him, but a German residence permit was reportedly found in the apartment in the holiday complex.

Drug trafficking
According to research by WDR and NDR, the Serb worked as an informant for the police in Hesse. Aleksandar K., who last lived in Offenbach in Hesse, is said to have been involved in the drug trafficking of a European network and had to provide information about the activities of the drug gangs on behalf of the police in Hesse.

Intercepted communications
It is still unclear why K. was murdered on the Costa del Sol last year. The Serb may have been exposed before his murder. The police in Hesse are now said to have evidence, including from intercepted telephone conversations, that K. allegedly confessed to his murderers under torture that he had worked as an informant for the German police.

Convicted lawyer
The undercover agent also played a role in the trial of Frankfurt lawyer Benjamin D., who was sentenced to seven years and nine months in prison by the Frankfurt am Main Regional Court in July for drug trafficking and money laundering.

The court found it proven that the 46-year-old lawyer had helped organize drug transport from Spain to the Rhine-Main area. D., together with other suspects, is said to have set up a kind of shipping company with which drugs, especially cannabis, were smuggled from the region around Barcelona to Germany.

“Ignacio Varga”
Benjamin D. is said to have carried out the drug transports mainly via encrypted EncroChat messages. There he called himself “Ignacio Varga”, after a criminal character from the American crime series Better Call Saul. D. made an extensive confession in court, reporting on his cocaine addiction and heavy alcohol use, and how he became increasingly involved in the criminal environment from 2018 onwards.

D. regularly provided legal advice to drug dealers and acted as an intermediary between the smugglers. One of his contacts is said to have been undercover agent Aleksandar K.

The German authorities do not want to comment on the case to WDR and NDR. It remains unclear whether and how the police in Hesse used the Serb shortly before his death. The Hanau Public Prosecution Service is investigating the murder.

Montenegrin drug clans
According to reports in the Spanish media, the criminal investigation initially pointed to a drug war that has been raging for years between two rival families from Kotor (Montenegro). Several assassination attempts in Spain, the Balkans, Turkey, the Netherlands and other countries are said to have been carried out by these drug cartels, which are fighting with extreme brutality for their position in the European cocaine market. Aleksandar K. may have fallen victim to that rivalry and been exposed as a police informant before his death.

Fugitive
Several suspects who allegedly first tortured and then shot dead Aleksandar K. were identified through forensic investigations at the crime scene, fingerprints and recordings from the resort's surveillance cameras. Spanish and German authorities assume that at least one suspect is a member of an outlaw motorcycle club. The suspects are on the run.

Concern
The use of informants by the German police is currently a thorny issue for the federal government. According to the wishes of the Federal Ministry of Justice, led by the German Federal Police, the use of recruited and often paid informants should be better regulated by law through clear guidelines.

A preliminary report of a new law regulating the use of undercover agents and confidential counselors was sent to the federal Ministry of the Interior in July.

'Undercover German police officer tortured and murdered in Spain' added by – onOctober 8, 2023

Re: The Big Balkan OC Thread - 11/18/23 05:15 AM

Branislav Brano Micunovic: Shadowy Montenegrin Power Boss With Reputation for Impunity
BIRNNovember 17, 202315:11
The businessman blacklisted by the US for corruption on Thursday has had a notorious reputation in his home country for decades – where he has also appeared untouchable.
Despite decades-long accusations of ties to organised crime, Montenegrin businessman Branislav Brano Micunovic was only officially mentioned as a leading organised crime figure for the first time on Thursday, when the US Treasury Department blacklisted him.

https://balkaninsight.com/2023/11/1...power-boss-with-reputation-for-impunity/
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET