Home

Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day

Posted By: mikeyballs211

Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/25/17 01:20 AM

Hey fellas.. so im wondering with the Philly fam at as close to tull strength since pre Scarfo where the Newark faction fits in and who's active in their crew?

Is Scoops still the official capo or is Fazzini the acting or crew boss on a day to day basis?

Anyone have an idea of who the soldiers and or associates are currently? I recall some knowledgeable posters and i believe Scott Burnstein writing that the most recent making ceremony was 3-4 NJ members..do i have that right?

Also wondering if the current NJ faction is still involved witn bookmaking and shylocking with other Crews from NY? I also recall them havin some joint operations with the Luccheses wondering if thats still the case or if they have any other NY connection specifically with the Newark philly crew...Im aware obv of Skinny Joeys latest bust w Parello and Onofrio from the Genovese

Sorry for all the ?s been off the boards for a minute my kids been real sick, but had all these philly/newark faction questions that tickled the ole curiosity bone....hope yall are doing well and as always appreciate any responses
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/25/17 10:23 AM

They're a big bookmaking operation. Joe Grande was sent up to Newark to be in that crew to test his loyalty to the new regime.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/26/17 06:54 AM

Yes,but I dont think they're nearly as big as the days when funzi & tony bananas were fighting over it..isnt newark a shithole,as well as trenton?
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/26/17 08:17 AM

Joe Licata is still in trouble, but not in hot water anymore and is still the official Capo of the crew for the time being. Joe Grande is acting capo of the crew, he is back and forth between Philly and Newark, that is why there are people saying he has a crew in Philly. As DM said, Grande is being tested on his loyalty to the family administration. My count is six made members, one possible, 5 transfers since 2005 into different crews, and 4 have died since 2000.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/26/17 09:47 AM

I found a HD image of the philly family chart in 2016 with capo,soldiers and associates. The north Jersey had as Giacomo said 6 made men and 11 associates.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/26/17 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By: hoodlum
Yes,but I dont think they're nearly as big as the days when funzi & tony bananas were fighting over it..isnt newark a shithole,as well as trenton?

They operate mainly in the Newark Italian suburbs. (Bloomfield, Belleville, Nutley, Caldwell, East Hanover, etc) that area. It's also mainly into gambling, sports betting to be specific. Scoops is the capo and he has the operation on cruise control. Fazzini is his main day to day guy that is like a "street boss" of that crew.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/26/17 04:39 PM

Giacomo, where do you get your information from? Honestly, it's mindboggling to me how nobody here seems to question your shit, when you have a reputation for fabricating about 95% of your posts. So I ask again, where do you get your information from?

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/26/17 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Giacomo, where do you get your information from? Honestly, it's mindboggling to me how nobody here seems to question your shit, when you have a reputation for fabricating about 95% of your posts. So I ask again, where do you get your information from?

Anyway SinatraClub, if blackhand forum members made this chart mean that is accurate: list 6 made men and 11 associates.
Posted By: PHL_Mob

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/26/17 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
Joe Licata is still in trouble, but not in hot water anymore and is still the official Capo of the crew for the time being. Joe Grande is acting capo of the crew, he is back and forth between Philly and Newark, that is why there are people saying he has a crew in Philly. As DM said, Grande is being tested on his loyalty to the family administration. My count is six made members, one possible, 5 transfers since 2005 into different crews, and 4 have died since 2000.

@Giacomo- What do you mean by "Licata is still in trouble, but not in hot water anymore..."? I wasn't under the impression that Licata was ever on bad terms with Merlino/Ligambi/Philly Admin? I agree that Joe Grande was in fact in a bit of "hot water" to use your phrase, and was furthermore sent to be with the Newark Crew to make sure he was in-line with the current Admin, etc. However, that said, I would question as to whether he is the Acting Capo of the North Jersey Crew. If anything Licata is the official with Lou Fazzini being the Acting Capo or day-to-day Street Boss.
Posted By: irishkaos

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/26/17 08:46 PM

I've heard often that Joe Grande was in hot water or sent to Newark as a test. Any more reasoning behind it other than Wayne Grande being a rat? Never really got the full story behind it.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/27/17 12:54 AM

How much hot water could a guy be in after doing 25 yrs for the life. His brother rated but they still inducted the rats son his nephew. He went with merlino to nyc to see the genovese. But someone did have a fbi file were one of the pungs wanted uncle joe to do something about joe grande. Wasnt there father also a member.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/27/17 12:57 AM

If they didnt like the guy why induct his nephew and his father rolled thats a lcn first. Just cause he was still friends with scarfo sr n jr .
Posted By: MrJustsayNo

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/27/17 01:16 AM

Come on, Really ? You don't know Giacomo ? He's acting boss of The Gambinos ,He filled in for Cali while he's on holiday in Castellamare del Golfo ! I'm acting boss of the Westside filling in for Bellomo while he is in Sicily meeting with Cali ! We just had a commission meeting last weekend in Detroit ! First one in over a decade

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/27/17 01:35 AM

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Posted By: BobbyPazzo

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/27/17 08:01 AM

Originally Posted By: irishkaos
I've heard often that Joe Grande was in hot water or sent to Newark as a test. Any more reasoning behind it other than Wayne Grande being a rat? Never really got the full story behind it.

Yea it has zero to do with his brother considering Wayne's son is a trusted guy and got his button. Like pmac said he did a quarter for this family. Skinnys uncle is a rat and left his family behind. Or maybe they decided not to go not sure. When you got real blood families having multiple guys in the life it's always gonna be a possibility of one of them going bad. So u cut off the other stand up guys? Nah. In jersey tommy ricciardi who was a stone cold killer and related to both the taccetta and the pernas and told on both. So you're gonna hold that against the t's and p's who bleed the life. Nah if he's in any type of hot water it ain't cuz of his brother. More likely as other guys said about proving loyalty to the younger guys in charge. And giacomo I don't even bother questioning you on your shit because it's obvious you're talking out of your ass 99% of the time. But when it comes to jersey which I highly doubt u know anything about and myself and other jersey guys do, not from a book or an FBI report(no offense to guys who do their research that way I just don't and get ΓΌ info from what I hear around the way because that's all I know and don't speak on anything but that most of the time) like enough is enough. No one takes you serious and yet u still come on here talking that bullshit. Get a new hobby cuz. I don't even post here much anymore because there seems to be more know it alls then there used to be. If it dknt apply let it fly:

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/27/17 04:10 PM

Oh,..I do question, but to keep peace ,I keep shut..

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/27/17 07:53 PM

I was originally asking what he meant by Licata being in hot water (not Joe Grande). I agree that Joe Grande is, or at least was, in fact in hot water hence why he was sent up to Newark to be under the supervision of Licata and his Crew. But I never was aware of Joe Licata being in any sort of trouble or "in hot water". Joe Grande's situation for being on thin ice with the Philly Admin/Ligambi/Merlino and the reason for him being sent up to Newark doesn't have to do with Wayne Grande ratting in jail. Instead, it's for his continued allegiance to Scarfo Sr even up until the point of being released a few years ago (he was released around 2012 I believe), which is why Scarfo Jr went as far as to reach out to him during his short lived attempted coup (attempted takeover where he reached out to Joe Chang Jr who is retired and crippled as well) of the Philly Family. Joe Pung always disliked the Grande brothers because of their scheming and backstabbing and gossiping behavior especially Wayne Grande, but Joe Grande as well. As a result of this continuous beef between Joe Pung and The Grande's, Joe Pung was quick to point out to Ligambi before he and Joe Grande were released from prison around the same time (~2012) that Joe Grande was still in fact loyal to the Scarfos and still kept regular dialog with both Scarfo Sr and Jr and furthermore informed Ligambi that Joe Grande still recognized Scarfo Sr as the Boss of Philly instead of Ligambi/Merlino. As another sign of loyalty to the current Admin (Ligambi/Merlino), Joe Pung went as far as actually reaching out to Ligambi towards the end of his prison stretch for permission to kill Joe Grande upon them both being released from prison. As mentioned earlier in this post, Pung knows how to play LCN politics. He hates the Grande's because he knows they were one of the main sources of chatter and gossip in Scarfo's ear when they (Chucky, etc) were busting on Salvie Testa leading up to him being killed because the Grande's wanted to move up and move-in on Salvie's rackets. Wayne Grande especially would be an asshole to Joe Pung about it and give Joe Pung shit about him setting up his best friend Salvie despite Joe Pung clearly not having a choice (he apparently would go into Joe Pung's bar on 15th & Wolf and put on the song "That's what friends are for" on the jukebox while Joe Pung was there just to be a prick. Leonetti also mentioned in his book how Wayne and Joe Grande were spreading lies about Joe Pung and even doing shit like whispering in people's ears while looking at Pung giving the impression that they and who ever they were whispering to were talking about Joe Pung. Little girl shit. As a side note, one of the reasons Wayne Grande didn't like Joe Pung besides sheer jealously, which he was a very jealous guy apparently, was because Wayne Grande felt slighted by Joe Pung when Wayne went away for a year or so on a contempt charge and he claimed that Joe Pung wasn't giving any or enough money to his wife/family to support themselves while he was away (they were partners in a bookmaking operation). So anyways, with all that baggage and ill will towards each other, Joe Pung swore to Leonetti that he'd have it out for the Grande's upon them getting out of jail. So as mentioned, Joe Pung being a master of LCN politics, killed two birds with one stone by seeking his revenge on Joe Grande (Wayne was already a rat at this point just leaving Joe Grande to deal with) while also proving his loyalty to the new Admin (Ligambi/Merlino) by saying "hey I support you and I'm on board with the new Admin, but Joe Grande is a Scarfo loyalist and will be a problem for you. I think we should just kill him". It ended with Ligambi acknowledging Pung's request, but stopping short of killing him and instead sending him to the Newark Crew at the suggestion to Joe Licata who stepped up for Joe Grande and asked Ligambi to give Grande a chance and send him to Newark where he could get Grande on board with the new Admin while keeping an eye on him in the Newark crew. So far it seems to be working as I haven't heard anything since all this came out to say otherwise. The details of all this with Joe Pung-Grande beef and Licata sticking up for Grande and having him sent up to Newark can be found in the Lou Fizzini Detention Memo from the last big RICO trial. I will find it again and post the link as it's a very interesting read and has a lot of good stuff in it, which anyone who is interested in Philly should read. It also lays out most of the stuff I'm talking about in this post. Sorry for the long post though!
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/27/17 09:22 PM

^^^^^^ Right on Phi-Mob ^^^^^^

There is more to it and why he was behind Nicksr. being boss , there are or will be , some recordings or court transcripts ,that are or will be coming out "that a few of the families were behind Nick being boss up until (2010) possibly more or less,and it's possible we will find out that a few of the attempts on Skinny and others will be clarified finally. Also the attempted murders of the top three in Philly was a branch of this.

There are some that thought that the Philly administration would have been taken down or out and were quietly standing behind the old administration, and I believe that if not for the total collapse of the commission in and after all this it would of happened.

And I know that quite a few guys in Philly were waiting for this to go down , guys that just would not do it them selfs. And there is a possibility that they were away for some of it or most of it. But not everyone is content with the boss .

And if not for many of the old guys in N.Y. passing away and others doing life and are just not powerful at all any longer things may have been different.

There is always a chance that the Philly administration knows this and has been working at it for a very long time as per Skinny getting close with the Luke's and Amuso losing power.

We will find out , someone will flip and write a book .

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/29/17 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

@Giacomo- What do you mean by "Licata is still in trouble, but not in hot water anymore..."? I wasn't under the impression that Licata was ever on bad terms with Merlino/Ligambi/Philly Admin? I agree that Joe Grande was in fact in a bit of "hot water" to use your phrase, and was furthermore sent to be with the Newark Crew to make sure he was in-line with the current Admin, etc. However, that said, I would question as to whether he is the Acting Capo of the North Jersey Crew. If anything Licata is the official with Lou Fazzini being the Acting Capo or day-to-day Street Boss.

It has to do with the Nicky Skins tapes. Scoops said their was an informant within the Philadelphia family, and pointed his finger at a top guy close to uncle Joe. He got the ball rolling, but the hit was never carried out cause Nicky Skins was outed as an informant. Don't know who the top guy is, as his name is never mentioned. Licata also made Phil Narducci and George Borgesi angry over his mouth.
Posted By: Aces

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/29/17 07:56 PM

Giacomo
Are you saying scoops has been in trouble because " on the skins tape", he was calling someone close to Ligambi an informant and it turns out the guy was never an informant?
In other words, he was almost killed because of scoops?
Also, when you say he is still in trouble, he was kind of demoted?

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/29/17 10:50 PM

I forgot didtn licata got to trial with joe. How made could you be at him he was sitting next to him for 2 months. And was aquitted together. Probaly water under the bridge by now.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/30/17 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Aces
Giacomo
Are you saying scoops has been in trouble because " on the skins tape", he was calling someone close to Ligambi an informant and it turns out the guy was never an informant?
In other words, he was almost killed because of scoops?
Also, when you say he is still in trouble, he was kind of demoted?

No, it was before the revelation of the skin tapes, when Philly mobsters, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island mobsters were being arrested. It correlated with members who had dealings with the Philadelphia administration. Once Skins was revealed to be the informant, the hit stopped. Licata is still the official Capo of the crew. Joe is acting, Lou is handling most of the action for the Philadelphia family in Newark. I would not be surprised if Licata retires. I think a lot of people forgot about the G.F. incident right before the outbreak of civil war in the 1990's. Chase for the Soprano show part of it between, Paulie, Johnny Sac, and Ralphie.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/30/17 05:19 PM

Sorry what's the G.F. incident?

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 04/30/17 05:33 PM

George Freselone.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/01/17 12:54 AM

Remember reading the few wiretaps they released from scoops and nick skins he was rite Bout alot of stuff. He was meeting with john gambino which i think is a big deal in the lcn world even thou hes just a accomplished herion kingpin against all american rules. But still kinda royalty. Nicky skins was all over with that wire hes up boston talking to big cheese brother about the strip clubs all over new england.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/01/17 01:54 AM

I was originally asking what he meant by Licata being in hot water (not Joe Grande). I agree that Joe Grande is, or at least was, in fact in hot water hence why he was sent up to Newark to be under the supervision of Licata and his Crew. But I never was aware of Joe Licata being in any sort of trouble or "in hot water". Joe Grande's situation for being on thin ice with the Philly Admin/Ligambi/Merlino and the reason for him being sent up to Newark doesn't have to do with Wayne Grande ratting in jail. Instead, it's for his continued allegiance to Scarfo Sr even up until the point of being released a few years ago (he was released around 2012 I believe), which is why Scarfo Jr went as far as to reach out to him during his short lived attempted coup (attempted takeover where he reached out to Joe Chang Jr who is retired and crippled as well) of the Philly Family. Joe Pung always disliked the Grande brothers because of their scheming and backstabbing and gossiping behavior especially Wayne Grande, but Joe Grande as well. As a result of this continuous beef between Joe Pung and The Grande's, Joe Pung was quick to point out to Ligambi before he and Joe Grande were released from prison around the same time (~2012) that Joe Grande was still in fact loyal to the Scarfos and still kept regular dialog with both Scarfo Sr and Jr and furthermore informed Ligambi that Joe Grande still recognized Scarfo Sr as the Boss of Philly instead of Ligambi/Merlino. As another sign of loyalty to the current Admin (Ligambi/Merlino), Joe Pung went as far as actually reaching out to Ligambi towards the end of his prison stretch for permission to kill Joe Grande upon them both being released from prison. As mentioned earlier in this post, Pung knows how to play LCN politics. He hates the Grande's because he knows they were one of the main sources of chatter and gossip in Scarfo's ear when they (Chucky, etc) were busting on Salvie Testa leading up to him being killed because the Grande's wanted to move up and move-in on Salvie's rackets. Wayne Grande especially would be an asshole to Joe Pung about it and give Joe Pung shit about him setting up his best friend Salvie despite Joe Pung clearly not having a choice (he apparently would go into Joe Pung's bar on 15th & Wolf and put on the song "That's what friends are for" on the jukebox while Joe Pung was there just to be a prick. Leonetti also mentioned in his book how Wayne and Joe Grande were spreading lies about Joe Pung and even doing shit like whispering in people's ears while looking at Pung giving the impression that they and who ever they were whispering to were talking about Joe Pung. Little girl shit. As a side note, one of the reasons Wayne Grande didn't like Joe Pung besides sheer jealously, which he was a very jealous guy apparently, was because Wayne Grande felt slighted by Joe Pung when Wayne went away for a year or so on a contempt charge and he claimed that Joe Pung wasn't giving any or enough money to his wife/family to support themselves while he was away (they were partners in a bookmaking operation). So anyways, with all that baggage and ill will towards each other, Joe Pung swore to Leonetti that he'd have it out for the Grande's upon them getting out of jail. So as mentioned, Joe Pung being a master of LCN politics, killed two birds with one stone by seeking his revenge on Joe Grande (Wayne was already a rat at this point just leaving Joe Grande to deal with) while also proving his loyalty to the new Admin (Ligambi/Merlino) by saying "hey I support you and I'm on board with the new Admin, but Joe Grande is a Scarfo loyalist and will be a problem for you. I think we should just kill him". It ended with Ligambi acknowledging Pung's request, but stopping short of killing him and instead sending him to the Newark Crew at the suggestion to Joe Licata who stepped up for Joe Grande and asked Ligambi to give Grande a chance and send him to Newark where he could get Grande on board with the new Admin while keeping an eye on him in the Newark crew. So far it seems to be working as I haven't heard anything since all this came out to say otherwise. The details of all this with Joe Pung-Grande beef and Licata sticking up for Grande and having him sent up to Newark can be found in the Lou Fizzini Detention Memo from the last big RICO trial. I will find it again and post the link as it's a very interesting read and has a lot of good stuff in it, which anyone who is interested in Philly should read. It also lays out most of the stuff I'm talking about in this post. Sorry for the long post though!
thanx phl mob.....nice.
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
^^^^^^ Right on Phi-Mob ^^^^^^

There is more to it and why he was behind Nicksr. being boss , there are or will be , some recordings or court transcripts ,that are or will be coming out "that a few of the families were behind Nick being boss up until (2010) possibly more or less,and it's possible we will find out that a few of the attempts on Skinny and others will be clarified finally. Also the attempted murders of the top three in Philly was a branch of this.

There are some that thought that the Philly administration would have been taken down or out and were quietly standing behind the old administration, and I believe that if not for the total collapse of the commission in and after all this it would of happened.

And I know that quite a few guys in Philly were waiting for this to go down , guys that just would not do it them selfs. And there is a possibility that they were away for some of it or most of it. But not everyone is content with the boss .

And if not for many of the old guys in N.Y. passing away and others doing life and are just not powerful at all any longer things may have been different.

There is always a chance that the Philly administration knows this and has been working at it for a very long time as per Skinny getting close with the Luke's and Amuso losing power.

We will find out , someone will flip and write a book .
As u said mucho times b4..

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/09/17 04:10 AM

Guys thanks so much for all the responses... so the consensus is that Scoops is still firmly in charge and that Big Lou Fazzini is the acting day to day manager per se or the crew? Does anyone know more about the extent of this crew with the Luccheses/ Gambinos/Genovese NJ crews in terms of gambling and loan sharking?

Hoodlum my friend I appreciate the kind words from another thread.. sorry to you and anyone else if I haven't answered you guys in here been crazy busy with my little girl being real sick

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/09/17 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211

Guys thanks so much for all the responses... so the consensus is that Scoops is still firmly in charge and that Big Lou Fazzini is the acting day to day manager per se or the crew? Does anyone know more about the extent of this crew with the Luccheses/ Gambinos/Genovese NJ crews in terms of gambling and loan sharking?

Hoodlum my friend I appreciate the kind words from another thread.. sorry to you and anyone else if I haven't answered you guys in here been crazy busy with my little girl being real sick
Mikey, I hope it's not serious, she get's well soon, I will say a prayer @ Mass on Sunday,as well as keep her in my daily prayer.
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/13/17 02:27 AM

Does anyone know anything about Mousie's kid (Joe Jr)'s recent bust? Whats his deal, Philly LCN or not? I don't see him on any charts but read about him in Scott's recent article.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/14/17 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
Does anyone know anything about Mousie's kid (Joe Jr)'s recent bust? Whats his deal, Philly LCN or not? I don't see him on any charts but read about him in Scott's recent article.

He's a junkie. Poss of Meth and heroin and some guns.. he's younger so prolly have his button in 10 years

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/22/17 03:41 AM

Mikey, I hope it's not serious, she get's well soon, I will say a prayer @ Mass on Sunday,as well as keep her in my daily prayer.

Hoodlum I appreciate the kind words my friend means alot... sorry i didnt thank you for the thought sooner my man, just been busy w her... worst part is shes only 2 so she isn't quite able to communicate when shes in pain, having GI/digestive issues, but shes hangin in doing better somewhat... hope you and the family are doing well bud
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/22/17 04:47 PM

What role does Nicky O play in Phillies jersey mob, I've read he use to be really big in Bloomfield
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/22/17 05:13 PM

Nicky O lives down by the shore. He was working at a pool store. Thats no joke.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/22/17 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Belmont

Toms River?
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/22/17 11:23 PM

Wouldnt be surprised if he just said fuck it after the whole Fresolone situation.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/23/17 12:48 AM

Wouldnt be surprised if he just said fuck it after the whole Fresolone situation.

Nah he was jammed up and indicted again in the late 1990s post Fresolone when the whole Philly North Jersey crew was yet again indicted.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/23/17 04:29 AM

lol you're kidding a made soldier in the mob is working not owning or running swag in a pool supply store down the Shore?.. damn how the mafia has fallen, i mean maybe its a no show or limited show for parole and to show legit income?.. trying to give the guy some credit

Is Nicky O considered a hitter or more of an earner? I know nothing about him.. although idk how much of an earner he can be working at fuckin Sylvan Pools (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/23/17 10:52 AM

lol you're kidding a made soldier in the mob is working not owning or running swag in a pool supply store down the Shore?.. damn how the mafia has fallen, i mean maybe its a no show or limited show for parole and to show legit income?.. trying to give the guy some credit

Is Nicky O considered a hitter or more of an earner? I know nothing about him.. although idk how much of an earner he can be working at fuckin Sylvan Pools (not that there's anything wrong with that)

That saying once your in you can not get out is just like most of the rules in that life now days , more like if you are a big money maker you can't get out or if you have illegitimate rackets if you turn then back to the family you can drift away .

Now if you are a killer and you were close to administration and times change like it has and there is no need for just a killer you best get a job to make it cos the family is not going to support you financially and obviously if you know to much you are gone either way bad situation .

But there are thousands of cases of guys that have just faded off into regular jobs to support there blood families and have never herd from again .
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/23/17 11:59 AM

Nicky started as a gambino associate. He later transferred overbto Patty Specs.
His button isnt recognized. Nickys father " buddy or buddy O " was an associate, i dont think he was made.
Nicky grew up in north newark and lived in bloomfield . He was around a lot of guys and made a lot of money; he also had major balls. I dont think he is working at a pool store any longer. Working at a pool store probably had more to do with him getting released from prison, being on paper, amd needing some legit income. Nothing wrong with that.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/27/17 04:35 AM

Hoodlum I appreciate the kind words my friend means alot... sorry i didnt thank you for the thought sooner my man, just been busy w her... worst part is shes only 2 so she isn't quite able to communicate when shes in pain, having GI/digestive issues, but shes hangin in doing better somewhat... hope you and the family are doing well bud
Life is a little ruff around the edges here too my man,,had to move my 88 yr. old aunt with me & the wife,been her caretaker,p.o.a. & everything in between,4 quite a while now but now it's a little different w/o the home nurses she had when she was home,everythings economics & love of family,I never thought when I was a little kid that this woman who bailed me out a couple a times (gave me a place 2 live)in the early 80s after my mom passed & dad basically kicked me out @ 18,that i would be changing her diapers & spoon feeding her pureed food & walking her paper skin body 2 the toilet etc..I had 2 go on per diem @ my real job ,,what a mess..anyways,,thanx 4 the feedback.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/27/17 02:35 PM

Hoodlum, as tough as that must be, you are a wonderful human being. Im serious.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/27/17 07:23 PM

I've got tremendous respect for what you're doing Hoodlum.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/27/17 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Aces
Hoodlum, as tough as that must be, you are a wonderful human being. Im serious.

i agree !

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/28/17 01:36 AM

Kinda find it hard to believe they dont recognize this guy as a made guy he took the oath cutt his finger even if they didnt merlino and uncle joe didnt make it rite? Read on here the guys a tuff guy not a fake. Kinda a slap in the face to the philly bosses for nj or nyc guys to not respect him membership bet its bullshit. I read that guy fresolone book wasnt bad. They had there induction into the philly family in the bronx at one of the inductees houses. Even the other 3 guys arnt either wouldnt they just do it over.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/28/17 01:38 AM

Wasnt it the current capo scoops making the whole beef saying the guy patty specs didnt ask nyc kinda a sucker move or his behalf.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/28/17 01:36 PM

I heard somewhere that when narducci got out of prison he had to be made again into the merlino admin,is this true? Merlino doesn't recognize your status as a made man unless its under him?

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/29/17 08:52 AM

re: Billy brizzi: Aces: & Meyerlansky...u r very kind dudes..thank u from the bottom of my heart.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/29/17 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

I found a HD image of the philly family chart in 2016 with capo,soldiers and associates. The north Jersey had as Giacomo said 6 made men and 11 associates.

Don't see a few guys on the chart unless dead or other ...

Bobby Louise Jr

Frank De Pasquale

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/29/17 08:24 PM

I downloaded it but when I tried to enlarge it the faces and names becamed blurry

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/29/17 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

Don't see a few guys on the chart unless dead or other ...

Bobby Louise Jr

Frank De Pasquale

@Serp- Wth regards to Bobby Louise Jr you aren't referring to Bobby "Boston Bobby" Louisi Jr who flipped in ~2001 because of that Previte coke deal and is now a minister "preaching the word of God" under the alias "Alphonse Esposito"? If so, don't think he should be on the chart any longer.

With regards to Frank DePasquale... I've always been curious about this one. He most certainly does exist and is connected being that he is a first cousin to the Ciancaglini's (Johnny Chang's cousin who greeted him at the airport in '95 upon his return from his first prison stint, and he was a pallbearer in Mikey Chang's funeral). He is a successful lawyer with an office on South Broad street and is still very actively practicing to this day. He was actually one of Anthony Nicodemo's defense attorneys in the Gino DiPietro murder trial. He also does a lot of legal work for guys in The Family such as Eric Esposito and A few other made guys who have businesses (LLCs) registered at his Law Office's address. That said, with him being a legitimate lawyer and what not, is he truly involved and even made in The Family? Or is he more of a Bobby Desimone type... Involved on the fringes, etc? I've just always been curious about his actually involvement and to what extent he is involved and if he's even actually made or not in The Family? I know his name came up in the Ligambi RICO Trial where I believe it was Michael Orlando who testified that Frank DePasquale and Albert Lancellotti Jr were both made (he might have named 1-2 others in addition to those two as well?). Any insight, confirmation, details, thoughts with regards to Frank DePasquale and his involvement, being made, etc would be most appreciated!

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/29/17 08:32 PM

PHL-MOB yeah that's right I was not paying any attention back then to what was going on , but he flipped!!!

And yes Frank is said by some very reliable people(well as reliable as they are) to be made .

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/29/17 08:42 PM

Will their be any room for Anthony staino when he gets out? Maybe maintain his capo position?

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/29/17 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
Will their be any room for Anthony staino when he gets out? Maybe maintain his capo position?

@bigfella- I think Staino is very capable and not only that, but he has proven that he is in fact capable, loyal (did his time) and was effective in a leadership role. He probably won't be in an Admin role, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was a South Jersey Capo again upon his release. In the 80s during the Scarfo years, there were more than one South Jersey Capos/Crews so there's no reason there couldn't be more than one Capo/Crew operating in South Jersey. The real question is Staino's health. I've heard that Anthony Staino has some sort of degenerative disease that has really been eating away at him. If you even look at pictures of him when he was on the street in the early-to-mid 2000s (2000-2011) compared to pictures of him during the trial and post-trial it's like night and day. He looks like he's aged 40 years in the span of 3-4 years. Not sure exactly what he has or what's going on, but I've definitely heard he has something and I'm not sure if this means that he's close to passing away, or if he's just so sick that even if he makes it out of jail alive after he serves his 8-10 years or whatever it was if he will even be healthy enough to operate let alone run a crew?

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/29/17 09:20 PM

I didn't hear that, can you post a most recent picture? I thought maybe it will be held against him that he cried in court
Posted By: Biggie

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/30/17 12:43 AM

Bigfella, I don't think phil or any of the old timers had to be remade to be recognized

Also, there have been a lot of reports about phil having issues with all these guys, positively not accurate
Posted By: Kash

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/30/17 01:56 AM

PHL-MOB yeah that's right I was not paying any attention back then to what was going on , but he flipped!!!

And yes Frank is said by some very reliable people(well as reliable as they are) to be made .

I assumed you meant Shawn Vetere since Luisi flipped

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/30/17 12:58 PM

Shawn Vetere is on the above chart. Does anyone have any info on the Boston crew and whether or not any of the remaining guys that Merlino made back in he 90s are still active and/or operating? And if so, what're they up to and have there been any new additions. The only thing I've heard as of recent is that those Boston guys were "with" Borgesi who brought them into the fold under the Merlino flag and additionally it was reported by Scott Bernstein that Borgesi had been meeting with "Boston mobsters" recently in Philly even. Not sure if he meant that Borgesi had been meeting with Patriarca guys or if he had been meeting with the remenants of his Boston Crew, etc? I don't have much info on these guys nor do I hear much about them so I'm curious if anyone knows anything...

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/30/17 01:07 PM

Shawn Vetere is on the above chart. Does anyone have any info on the Boston crew and whether or not any of the remaining guys that Merlino made back in he 90s are still active and/or operating? And if so, what're they up to and have there been any new additions. The only thing I've heard as of recent is that those Boston guys were "with" Borgesi who brought them into the fold under the Merlino flag and additionally it was reported by Scott Bernstein that Borgesi had been meeting with "Boston mobsters" recently in Philly even. Not sure if he meant that Borgesi had been meeting with Patriarca guys or if he had been meeting with the remenants of his Boston Crew, etc? I don't have much info on these guys nor do I hear much about them so I'm curious if anyone knows anything...

That's a good point because Skinny gave George something when he ruled against him and you know George would be just the guy to want a crew of guys from a other area , so just may be something to it .

Obviously if he is seen still meeting with guys you will have the answer or if he is seen up there again it would infact look like it's true.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/30/17 04:52 PM

misconception is that George brought in the boston guys in the 90s..inaccurate, and not just by my words, get the 302s from luisi, it will back it up, not true..George got close with bobby after they were brought in..merlino and bobby carozza sr were away together, that wasn't the introduction either..another boston guy (Italian from Charlestown) was away with joey and natale, that was the initial introduction....far as recent, beats me, shawn wont even j walk, so he isn't doing anything...far as a crew? luisi is in witsec, and shawn..who else was "brought in", your guess is as good as mine..but I disagree with as far as being thrown a bone to Georgie, I don't think anything is wrong between the 2 of them, more hype than anything else...
Posted By: cheech

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/30/17 11:51 PM

Vetere is on the chart under retired/inactive

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/31/17 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Biggie
misconception is that George brought in the boston guys in the 90s..inaccurate, and not just by my words, get the 302s from luisi, it will back it up, not true..George got close with bobby after they were brought in..merlino and bobby carozza sr were away together, that wasn't the introduction either..another boston guy (Italian from Charlestown) was away with joey and natale, that was the initial introduction....far as recent, beats me, shawn wont even j walk, so he isn't doing anything...far as a crew? luisi is in witsec, and shawn..who else was "brought in", your guess is as good as mine..but I disagree with as far as being thrown a bone to Georgie, I don't think anything is wrong between the 2 of them, more hype than anything else...

Thanks Biggie for clearing that up ..

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/31/17 01:10 AM

The 3rd made guy of the boston crew was this old guy gentile from hartford ct. But was around boston card games. He keeps getting busted by the feds for guns and other dumb shit cause hes the last living link to the gardner museum heist he may have heard or seen shit he was on his death bed in a prison hospital a few months back. The feds keep wiring up anyone that knows him to get anything new about the artwork think its a dead end.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/31/17 01:11 AM

The 3rd made guy of the boston crew was this old guy gentile from hartford ct. But was around boston card games. He keeps getting busted by the feds for guns and other dumb shit cause hes the last living link to the gardner museum heist he may have heard or seen shit he was on his death bed in a prison hospital a few months back. The feds keep wiring up anyone that knows him to get anything new about the artwork think its a dead end.

Re: Philly Family Newark Crew Present Day - 05/31/17 02:23 AM

I Forgot about him Pmac, good call... not sure he's on his death bed, think his wife is...they tortured the guy, as if he's hiding the things, but at days end if he knew where they were with the money and freedom at stake, he would have given them up 2 bids ago...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET