Home

Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization

Posted By: furio_from_naples

Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization - 04/21/17 09:49 AM

Quote:
Legalize don't mean to invite everyone to use [the drugs],legalize don't mean encourage everyone to smoke weeds.On the contrary,mean regulation and subvert to illegality;If the state would imposes on the cannabis the same tax that it imposes on tobacco, it would collect in a year from 6 to 8 billion euros.
I would say to the skeptics: legalize because legalize means subtracting a huge market to the criminal organizations,will take from 8 to 11 billion euro to the criminal organizations .This money is used by the mafias to corrupt politics, public administration and to collapse our democracies.This means that it take away our rights.
In Portugal in 2001 decriminalized the cannabis, in 15 years decreased the use, Uruguay in 2013 and Colorado in 2014 legalized the trade for recreational purposes and also the use decreases instead of increase.That's why those who responsibly supports the law and hoped that the drugs use can decrease, should be favorable to the legalization of cannabis.
A measure that takes away resources from criminal organizations and that would have immediate effect on consumption as it has happened in the countries that have had the courage to change.

Roberto Saviano

The mafia use the weed for make easy money because due the arrests and the rats don't had the capacity of move heroin or coke,in an article its said that was seized 1 milion on weed.
I think that if what saviano say is true 6 or 8 bilions can help the italian economy especially the welfare.
What do you think on weed ? Must be legalized ? I'm agree on it.
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization - 04/21/17 10:15 AM

I agree here. It's more than even weed, all the subsidiary businesses that are related to the industry.

I've been looking at weed stocks, trying to find a winner. Gw Parmaceuticals has been valued at just under 3 billion, and it hasn't even gotten FDA approval. I don't know how this is gonna go with Trumps boy Sessions on his, "Marijuana is as bad as opioids" bullshit. It's a drug to combat epilepsy, there is another one to alleviate nausea in chemo patients.

I was looking at a company that provides water chillers, but unless they get like, contracts with huge grows, to guarantee revenue, I don't see that one taking off. I been looking at the companies that will supply, say packaging to the dispensaries. They gonna need that, no matter what.

The glass industry should see a boom. I feel, especially if restaurants and bars in legal states adopt " Smoking areas", imagine you get a contract to supply say, a chain of these type of places. Say " Marijuana Bars" start to pop up. Hey, SOMEONE supplies bars with glasses and mugs right? Well, a weed bar has to have glass.

Just all kinds of shit, we leaving literally BILLIONS ON THE TABLE....

And I haven't even got ten to the mob shit yet, to me it's a No-Brainer...
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization - 04/21/17 10:20 AM

Like the marijuana has to meet certain standards, and regulations, right?
So organic pesticide companies can make a killing selling these growers, organic pesticides. You could invest in the tech companies that provide the digital monitoring equipment they REQUIRE FOR EVERY PLANT, SEED, AND FINISHED PRODUCT.

You could invest in the security services they will need to keep the dispensaries safe. Or the equipment/company used to test the potency of the product. The energy companies providing power to all these indoor grows.

I mean just endless shit I feel...
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization - 04/21/17 11:38 AM

I always thinked that if in Italy will legalize the cannabis and the prostitution,the State would have so much money to increase the social pensions lower the labour taxes to resettle the labor market. But maybe I only a dreamer. lol
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization - 04/21/17 01:43 PM

CabriniGreen
I sent you a pm..
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization - 04/22/17 12:57 PM

In February Dutch lawmakers have voted in favor of tolerating the cultivation of cannabis, a move that could bring to an end a key paradox of the relaxed Dutch policy on marijuana and hashish.

Buying small amounts of pot at so-called coffee shops has long been tolerated in the Netherlands, but cultivating and selling the drug to the coffee shops themselves has remained illegal.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization - 04/22/17 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
The mafia use the weed for make easy money because due the arrests and the rats don't had the capacity of move heroin or coke,in an article its said that was seized 1 milion on weed.
I think that if what saviano say is true 6 or 8 bilions can help the italian economy especially the welfare.
What do you think on weed ? Must be legalized ? I'm agree on it.

the mafia is strongly involved in the weed trafficking because is very lucrative, being produced in sicily/southern italy it has no costs of importation, not intermediators and it go directly on a rich market (italy)
Posted By: satch7

Re: Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization - 04/23/17 05:19 AM

it is legal here in seattle and suburbs. it is no big deal I have 5-8 marijuana stores with 1 mile of me. i say legalize it nationwide. but it is the deep south rednecks like sessions who use it as a boogie man to justify heavy-handed law enforcement in low crime areas
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization - 04/23/17 06:02 AM

Down here in FL, a few counties were making headlines prior to the election for citing you with a ticket bc of the resources being wasted. I say legalize it. You never hear of someone smoking a doobie and then go home to beat their wife.
Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Re: Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization - 01/24/19 08:10 PM

Young people in liberal states use more cannabis, but have lower rates of dependence

https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/24/...ion-politics-health-liberal-conservative

Young people living in liberal states consume more marijuana, but have lower rates of marijuana dependence, according to a new study from Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health. Crucially, this finding is true regardless of whether the state legalized medical marijuana, suggesting that the broader political climate affects how people use the drug. It also serves as a reminder that the effects of legalization will look different in different states.

In general, people in both liberal and conservative states are consuming more marijuana. In a span of about eight years, ending in 2011, the percentage of people ages 18 to 25 living in liberal states consuming cannabis grew from 33 percent to about 37 percent. In contrast, the numbers for the same age group in conservative states went from about 25 percent to 26 percent.

Similarly, fewer people in both liberal and conservative states are struggling with cannabis use disorder. People with CUD experience withdrawal symptoms like mood and sleep problems if they don’t consume cannabis for a while, and can’t stop using it even if it negatively impacts their life. The rates of CUD fell to 17 percent from 20 percent in liberal states. However, CUD rates only fell to 18 percent from 22 percent in conservative states despite fewer people in conservative states using marijuana to begin with.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization - 01/24/19 09:03 PM

shit shoulda been legal tbh. look at all the money colorado brings in since they legalized it.

it's taking forever here in mass tho cause they're only gonna let a certain few people reap most of the benefit.

Re: Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization - 01/25/19 12:18 AM

I'm thinking TRUMP is going to use it as his wild card in 2020. Recreational federally. The opioid problem needs to get taken care of first. They Fucked themselves good with that. In 2010 when I was in nursing school, part of patient education for opioids was that we were to explain how when used properly they are not addicting. There is nothing to worry about. Most of the time they are prescribed as needed. For our surgical patients they used to order it routinely every four hours and the docs expected us to wake the patients up to give them pain meds. Those days are over.

Re: Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization - 01/25/19 12:30 AM

I'm smoking right now, some zero zero good moroccan hashish.
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization - 01/25/19 12:34 AM

I think it should be legal but there still needs to be a lot of research done. I don’t think we have enough answers on its long term effects.

Re: Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization - 01/25/19 12:39 AM

Re: Roberto Saviano on cannabis legalization - 01/25/19 12:40 AM

^^ I think that's one of the problems. Because it is scheduled 1, it's nearly impossible for research to be done. I don't know where is everyone is from, but when the bill passed here in Florida, they started flooding commercials about buzzed driving gets you a dui. No shit. It's always been that way. Many drugs cause impairment.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET