Home

strongest family in brooklyn

Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

strongest family in brooklyn - 04/11/17 05:54 PM

my guess would be the gambinos but is it possible the westside may have the upper hand? it seems brooklynm is often forgotten in these discussions.
Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/11/17 06:25 PM

I would assume the Gambinos as well, but who knows anymore.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/11/17 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin
I would assume the Gambinos as well, but who knows anymore.

Who are the capos there ? I think that from the gambinos i only know lenny di maria is there...
But who else ?

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/11/17 07:26 PM

Last I paid attention I think Sonny Ciccone, Joe Juliano, Frank Cali, Carmine Sciandra and Lou Vallario.

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/11/17 07:36 PM

Also Lorenzo mannino (?)
John gambino (?)

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/11/17 07:37 PM

Yeah, I forgot about Lorenzo Mannino. I was thinking that John Wasn't anymore. I may be wrong.
Posted By: Ted

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/12/17 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin
Last I paid attention I think Sonny Ciccone, Joe Juliano, Frank Cali, Carmine Sciandra and Lou Vallario.

Are Ciccone and Juliano still active?
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/12/17 05:05 AM

Dominick Big D cefalu , Caesar gurino , joe ox Marino , Pasquale Marsala are all gambino captains who have operations in Brooklyn
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/12/17 06:13 AM

1. Gambino
2. Bonanno
3. Genovese
4. Colombo
5. Lucchese
Posted By: pmac

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/12/17 04:54 PM

Some of these guys will be getting old but theres guys in the genovese family who are active at 90ty. I wonder if dan marino is finly retired hes mid 70tys. He told gotti adopted son kasman he was done and retired its like he knew kasman was wearing a wire cause years after that he was busted running a crew of young bucks. Andy russo said on wire i dont give a fuck if i die in prison and he wont bow down to any brooklyn crew that guy told hes guys before he have a sitdown with the gambinos they better go find the guy and beat him. I bet the colombo family would induct michael persico in the family before he starts his bid if he ever starts it. Just so he has that respect of a made man in prison they did it before for guys and hes life a prince. Been around his whole life.
Posted By: tt120

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/12/17 07:02 PM

colombos are most prevelant in terms of numbers and associates
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/12/17 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
1. Gambino
2. Bonanno
3. Genovese
4. Colombo
5. Lucchese

but people still say Vic amuso is still official boss panic
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/12/17 07:40 PM

Let's be serious..Really, what is left in Brooklyn..Nothing
Posted By: PaulieSenter

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/12/17 07:57 PM

Perfect answer you said it.I grew up in Canarsie Brooklyn from the 1970s to 1993 left there then its a piss area now

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/12/17 08:08 PM

Why nothing ??

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/12/17 10:15 PM

1. Gambino
2. Bonanno
3. Genovese
4. Colombo
5. Lucchese

bonannos number two? I know they have a lot of guys but they have idiots mostly. the genovese have baldie and tico and them, very powerful captainss.

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/12/17 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Beenaround

it's not the 70s but its a big ass area. a lot of wiseguys still have operations there.

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/13/17 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto
1. Gambino
2. Bonanno
3. Genovese
4. Colombo
5. Lucchese

bonannos number two? I know they have a lot of guys but they have idiots mostly. the genovese have baldie and tico and them, very powerful captainss.

Tico is not in jersey ?
Posted By: BennyB

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/13/17 08:52 PM

it's not the 70s but its a big ass area. a lot of wiseguys still have operations there.

I agree Brooklyn is not really fertile ground for the mafia anymore. Half of Brooklyn is expensive as hell, full of young professionals who work in Manhattan. The other half is Carribean, African, Arab, Chinese, Mexican, Dominican, etc... Most of the people who have stayed in the old neighborhoods are 50 years old+. There are very few - if any - working class people moving to Brooklyn who aren't immigrants from one of the countries I listed above.

I'm not sure there are any Italian American working class neighborhoods in New York City besides on Staten Island. Brooklyn is completely different than it was just 15 years ago. So expensive I had to leave and move to Queens...

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/13/17 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: BennyB

I agree Brooklyn is not really fertile ground for the mafia anymore. Half of Brooklyn is expensive as hell, full of young professionals who work in Manhattan. The other half is Carribean, African, Arab, Chinese, Mexican, Dominican, etc... Most of the people who have stayed in the old neighborhoods are 50 years old+. There are very few - if any - working class people moving to Brooklyn who aren't immigrants from one of the countries I listed above.

I'm not sure there are any Italian American working class neighborhoods in New York City besides on Staten Island. Brooklyn is completely different than it was just 15 years ago. So expensive I had to leave and move to Queens...

Why brooklyn became so expensive ? What really changed ??
Posted By: MrJustsayNo

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/13/17 09:52 PM

What's Crazy is, Today,Currently,in 2017 Brooklyn is 51% White/Caucasian and 33% Non Hispanic White ! There have not been this many White Caucasians in the Boro since 1986, 31 years !
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/13/17 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: MeyerLansky

Gentrification/Yuppiefication is probably the main reason.

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/13/17 09:56 PM

In 1986 Brooklyn was 49.8% White ! Go figure,31 years later there's a 2% upward change.2008 it was barely 39%

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/13/17 10:00 PM

YUppies,Jewish population,Gentrification etc...There is TONS of money to be made in Bklyn, If you can't make money in Brooklyn there has to be a few reasons, A.You're an Imbecile B.Your an Imbecile C.Youre an Imbecile and Severely restarted and/or incapacitated, and again,Are an Imbecile !!

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/17/17 01:42 PM

Spill over from Manhattan. Everybody works in Manhattan, but it became too expensive to live there so everybody looked for the next cheapest thing. So people start to move to all the neighborhoods around downtown and midtown Manhattan: the neighborhoods in Brooklyn and Queens by the water and Harlem in Manhattan.

But soon, even these neighborhoods become too expensive, so people start moving into the next neighborhood over, and the next, and the next... So that is why it's so expensive.

And these people are living in nice renovated apartments surrounded by fancy restaurants and shops. The opposite of how those neighborhoods were when the mafia thrived. Instead of fixing the neighborhoods, Italians, Jews (non-hasidic) and others just left for the suburbs. Many people blame this on "white-flight." Which is why you see most of these populations in Staten Island, Long Island, Westchester, New Jersey, etc...

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/18/17 02:26 PM

Spill over from Manhattan. Everybody works in Manhattan, but it became too expensive to live there so everybody looked for the next cheapest thing. So people start to move to all the neighborhoods around downtown and midtown Manhattan: the neighborhoods in Brooklyn and Queens by the water and Harlem in Manhattan.

But soon, even these neighborhoods become too expensive, so people start moving into the next neighborhood over, and the next, and the next... So that is why it's so expensive.

And these people are living in nice renovated apartments surrounded by fancy restaurants and shops. The opposite of how those neighborhoods were when the mafia thrived. Instead of fixing the neighborhoods, Italians, Jews (non-hasidic) and others just left for the suburbs. Many people blame this on "white-flight." Which is why you see most of these populations in Staten Island, Long Island, Westchester, New Jersey, etc...

ohh ok thanks, so the mob are no longer rule in brooklyn ? or at least no like they were in the past ?
Posted By: Footreads

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/18/17 03:00 PM

My first house in Brooklyn was on east 37 near Flatbush Ave. paid around 40 thousand for a 2 family brick. Sold it decades ago. Has not been kept old iup. Sold for just under 600 thousand a few years. Next Marine park near Ave U 1 family sold it for 750 thousand 17 yrs ago. Bought in mill basin near the water for 1.8 million. Now if I want to sell it would go for 3.5 to 4 million maybe more. Yes Brooklyn is all fucked up now.

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/20/17 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
My first house in Brooklyn was on east 37 near Flatbush Ave. paid around 40 thousand for a 2 family brick. Sold it decades ago. Has not been kept old iup. Sold for just under 600 thousand a few years. Next Marine park near Ave U 1 family sold it for 750 thousand 17 yrs ago. Bought in mill basin near the water for 1.8 million. Now if I want to sell it would go for 3.5 to 4 million maybe more. Yes Brooklyn is all fucked up now.

A lot of the smart old timers left in Brooklyn invested in Real Estate or Businesses.The Top Mobsters are hiding in their homes..Very little action on the streets anymore. Same thing in Queens..A lot moved to L.I.,where they live a quiet life..
Posted By: m2w

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/22/17 01:26 PM

are not dyker heights (brooklyn), howard beach (queens)and troggs neck (bronx) considered italian working class neighborhoods?
also there is a good amount of italians still also in bensonhurst, maspeth, middle village, ridgewood, bath beach and mirror park
Posted By: UncleVig

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/28/17 11:33 AM

Middle village, maspeth etc are all changing too ya there are still Italians living there but they are not Italian neighborhoods exclusively.
Uncontrolled immigration is the problem, for some of these neighborhoods they were Italian bastions for 50-75 years than in the late 70s it started. Hasidim who have kids by the dozens, Carribbean Latins, Central Americans in the 90s 2000 there is no place left to go. If you want to be with your own kind better have 2 people each working with 6 figure incomes.
Posted By: Aces

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/28/17 11:59 AM

No offense to anyone but the people moving into these former italian hoods are basically baby making machines that pollute the system and dont keep up their homes very well.
The hasidics are disgusting. Every hasidic or orthodox jews home i was ever in was fucking disgusting, im not kidding. Im in sales so i have been in many homes. Russians can be a bit dirty as well. Believe it or not, Philipino are very nice people but have very messy homes. Muslims are also dirty.
Polish are very clean people though.

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/28/17 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: m2w
are not dyker heights (brooklyn), howard beach (queens)and troggs neck (bronx) considered italian working class neighborhoods?
also there is a good amount of italians still also in bensonhurst, maspeth, middle village, ridgewood, bath beach and mirror park

I don't know about Throggs Neck but for Dyker I would say not as much as it used to be (always been a lot of Irish in Bay Ridge and Dyker though). And Howard Beach maybe... Those two neighborhoods are so far from Manhattan they may as well be a suburb.

My main point is that although there may still be older Italian people living in these neighborhoods, most of the new residents are not Italians.

The Top Mobsters are hiding in their homes..Very little action on the streets anymore. Same thing in Queens..A lot moved to L.I.,where they live a quiet life..

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/29/17 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Aces
No offense to anyone but the people moving into these former italian hoods are basically baby making machines that pollute the system and dont keep up their homes very well.
The hasidics are disgusting. Every hasidic or orthodox jews home i was ever in was fucking disgusting, im not kidding. Im in sales so i have been in many homes. Russians can be a bit dirty as well. Believe it or not, Philipino are very nice people but have very messy homes. Muslims are also dirty.
Polish are very clean people though.

Generalize much?
Posted By: Aces

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/29/17 01:10 AM

Im in 3-4 homes per day so i have plenty of experience with many different nationalities. What im saying is the rule, not the exception.
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/29/17 07:11 AM

@Billybrizzi

It never ceases to amaze right? How People come out of left field with this shit... Notice the guy has NOTHING to add on LCN in Brooklyn, like NO OPINION WHATSOEVER, these goofy fucks come on HERE to get their rocks off, like there aren't sites for that bullshit.....

Same shit in a thread about international Dominican OC.... Ya know China's the richest country in the world, and they got population issues worse than anyone, but they took that and turned into a resource, abundance of cheap labor, massive manufacturing capabilities that power their economy...I really don't know what's the point people try to make with that shit...
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/29/17 07:14 AM

@ Billybrizzi

His post coulda been a lot smaller if he just said "everyone who ain't white is dirty", like man get the fuck outta here...and who goes Door to Door in the Internet age? Get into drop shipping or some shit...

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 04/29/17 01:17 PM

@CG: In the words of the late Joe Coffey, the guy probably has the IQ of maybe a mothball.

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 05/01/17 01:20 AM

I read that linda scarpa book really good. Is 82st in bk still as mob up as she says it was in the 90tys. My nerd ass did a google earth i guess its dycker heights the houses on that street look fucking fancy even thou there on top of each other. I bet a small duplex is probaly a easy mill. Very nice houses crazy.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 05/01/17 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: pmac
I read that linda scarpa book really good. Is 82st in bk still as mob up as she says it was in the 90tys. My nerd ass did a google earth i guess its dycker heights the houses on that street look fucking fancy even thou there on top of each other. I bet a small duplex is probaly a easy mill. Very nice houses crazy.
Name of book pmac??

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 05/01/17 02:12 AM

The hitmans daughter. Good real good . She could have realyy went in cause i guess her kids father was a player and alot of other shit. But she never went into the program like sammy the bulls daughter. And that not to knock her these people are crazy but scarpas daughter was around for all that crazy colombo war in the early 90tys between vic orena and the persico family. And greg backed the persicos. He was a real killer for a dude age 60+ dying of hiv. Its crazy. But she could have wsnt into so much more but she knew better i belive.

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 05/12/17 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: MrJustsayNo
YUppies,Jewish population,Gentrification etc...There is TONS of money to be made in Bklyn, If you can't make money in Brooklyn there has to be a few reasons, A.You're an Imbecile B.Your an Imbecile C.Youre an Imbecile and Severely restarted and/or incapacitated, and again,Are an Imbecile !!
There's NO MONEY left to make any where. There's hardly any Italian owned businesses left and Neighborhoods..and They prey on their own..Some Russian,Chinese,or Jewish joint couldn't give a shit about the Mafia..Money isn't being made in the Streets like it was years back. A Some what legitimate Business is the only way to go. This isn't the 60's,70's or 80's..You have to be a Imbecile to think you can make money like the old days.

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 05/13/17 08:38 AM

That's not what I meant ! I said, anyone who lives in Brooklyn and can't make money has to be an imbecile or mentally retarded ! There is tons of money to be made in Brooklyn and I wasn't talking street shit ! Everyone knows those days are long gone except for drugs.Drugs is the one street racket that will never go away ! There is so many legal loansharks they spring up like weeds,Totally unregulated and literally everywhere ! When I was a kid I could walk out my door and there was money coming from every direction, Loans,book,dice,card games,chop shop,fireworks,robberies,parts ,drugs,etc etc..and you could steal anything and sell it 10 mins later ! As I use to say the streets were paved with gold back in those days ! So many people were loaded beyond belief ! I remember as a kid in the early 80s walking into some huge apartment complex basements with my grandfather and they'd have literally a mini city under these things, like 200-300 people on the phones set up at a small desk and chair taking action on everything,The other side was a fortified room for nothing but counting money,I'm talking millions a day from sports,horses,numbers !! Forget it !! This is the Bronx and Manhattan L.E.S

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 05/13/17 08:42 AM

I know some of those wire rooms,the biggest ones easily had 600-800 people plus taking action from all over the country ! Sick when you think of that now
Posted By: bronx

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 05/13/17 11:59 AM

all in one room?

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 05/13/17 12:05 PM

So now there is really no lcn involvment in brooklyn ?
Posted By: m2w

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 05/13/17 12:41 PM

I don't know about Throggs Neck but for Dyker I would say not as much as it used to be (always been a lot of Irish in Bay Ridge and Dyker though). And Howard Beach maybe... Those two neighborhoods are so far from Manhattan they may as well be a suburb.

My main point is that although there may still be older Italian people living in these neighborhoods, most of the new residents are not Italians.

there were not 100% italian neighborhoods even in the past, aside maybe little italy in the 1920s, they were mixed up even in the past, like bensonhurst in 1960s where lived jewish and irish too... there is still a sizeable italian population in the areas that i said

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 05/13/17 04:20 PM

I know some of those wire rooms,the biggest ones easily had 600-800 people plus taking action from all over the country ! Sick when you think of that now
Posted By: bronx

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 05/13/17 06:39 PM

where were all these guys in one room, russo's on the bay? 600 separate phone lines? i would have loved to be in that room.
Posted By: DB

Re: strongest family in brooklyn - 05/13/17 08:07 PM

I can't speak to the Hasidic but this is nothing new as people said the same thing about Italians when we started immigrating here years ago . It takes time for immigrant famalies to build up their net worth to match American standards. The first wave is usually messy ,the 2nd generation shows improvement and usually by 3rd generation they are completely Americanized lol but what is going on today is nothing new, same shit as 100 years ago .
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET