Home

A Bronx Tale

Posted By: salerno_new_orleans

A Bronx Tale - 03/22/17 03:24 AM

So was watching a Bronx Tale tonight and was wondering. Was Sonny a capo or a boss?
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: A Bronx Tale - 03/22/17 03:53 AM

this probably belongs in another section but i always assumed he was a capo.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: A Bronx Tale - 03/22/17 03:54 AM

I think he was a capo, that his crew was based on the bronx.
Posted By: Ted

Re: A Bronx Tale - 03/22/17 06:31 AM

"Eight years passed, and as I grew, Sonny grew in power. He became a boss, and I was his friend."
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: A Bronx Tale - 03/22/17 07:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Ted
"Eight years passed, and as I grew, Sonny grew in power. He became a boss, and I was his friend."

So at the start he was a capo right ?
Posted By: Ted

Re: A Bronx Tale - 03/22/17 09:20 AM

Yes he led the "Belmont Avenue Crew" as I like to call it.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: A Bronx Tale - 03/22/17 03:03 PM

Just because G. called him a boss doesn't necessarily mean he was the boss of a family. That could easily be interpreted as boss of the neighborhood. And wasn't much made of Sonny's death. He was killed, and then at the funeral that "Carlo" character played by Joe Pesci was brought in and told G. if he had any problems in the neighborhood, to come see him.
Posted By: BennyB

Re: A Bronx Tale - 03/23/17 03:54 PM

I walk past chazz palminteri's restaurant once a week and saw him standing outside a few months ago and wanted to say something like "now youse can't leave" but I chickened out lol
Posted By: tt120

Re: A Bronx Tale - 03/23/17 04:34 PM

hes got a restaurant? where at? any good?
Posted By: BennyB

Re: A Bronx Tale - 03/23/17 06:02 PM

It's at 2nd avenue and 47th street. It looks like an italian steakhouse. Looks pretty big inside from the outside. They run ads on NY1... I've never eaten there though.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: A Bronx Tale - 03/23/17 06:17 PM

It's called, Chazz Palminteri Ristorante Italiano he's partnered up with the owners of Empire Steak House

http://www.chazzpalminterinyc.com
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: A Bronx Tale - 03/23/17 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted

I always took it as Sonny was a soldier during the first part of the movie and 'He became a boss' meant he became a capo. Boss of a crew or boss of the neighborhood.
Posted By: Ryan98366

Re: A Bronx Tale - 03/23/17 07:43 PM

I always took it that Sonny was a powerful solidier and ran the neighborhood. Then he became a Capo. And was killed....
Posted By: bigboy

Re: A Bronx Tale - 03/25/17 01:25 AM

He was a Captain, but Vinnie Basciano promoted him
Posted By: DelcoNostra

Re: A Bronx Tale - 03/25/17 01:53 AM

There's actually a scene that was supposedly cut out where the boss comes to Sonny's club. I believe it was supposed to be Frank Vincent playing him. So, in my opinion, he was a capo. Then at the end, Joe Pesci comes back to start running the crew
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET