Home

Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List

Posted By: furio_from_naples

Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/16/17 02:34 PM

Thanks to MeyerLansky,Giacomo_Vacari,bronx,SinatraClub,pmac that in this post:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=908418#Post908418

speaked about the exact numbers of the gallo crew so I tried to made a complet list (as is possible after so many years) and what was the end of many of them.On some names I found nothing,so I need your help.Thanks.

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2012/04/list-of-casualties-from-colombo-family.html

Joseph "Crazy Joe" Gallo,crew leader, killed in 1972

1) Joe "Jelly" Giorelli disappears in august 1961, His clothing, stuffed with dead fish, is thrown from an auto in front of a restaurant the Gallos frequent as a message.

2) Frank "Punchy" Illiano (1928 – January 6, 2014) was a genovese capo

3) Albert "Kid Blast " Gallo transferred to Genovese family in 1975,now is a capo

4) Lawrence "Larry" Gallo – died of cancer in 1968

5) Joey Magnasco (M) found shot to death outside Harry Fontana´s (M) social club in the Red Hook

section of Brooklyn in Oct 4, 1961.

6)Anthony DiCola and 7)Marco Morelli, two Gallo adherents disappeared (Oct 1962)

8)Carmine Persico,switched to Proface side,later become colombo family boss

9)Joseph Cardiello - – defected to Profaci, murdered by Gallo gunmen on December 10, 1963

10) Ali Hassan "Ali Baba" Waffa,was killed in July 24, 1963

11) Sammy "the Syrian" Zahralbam ???

12) James Geritano, gambino associate ???

13) Stevie Cirillo,killed by Cutrone faction in 1974

14) Victor Lucci ???

15) John Cutrone – led breakaway faction from Gallo crew, murdered in 1976 by unknown gunmen

16) Jerry Basciano - seceded from Gallo crew, murdered in 1976 by unknown gunmen

17) James Giliberti ???

18) Nicholas Bianco – transferred to Patriarca family in 1963,family boss for short time in 1991,

died of natural causes in 1994

19) Vic Amuso – transferred to Lucchese family,becomed family boss, serving life in prison

20) Joseph "Joe Pesh" Luparelli – entered witness protection program in 1972, current location

unknown

21) Leonard "Big Lenny"Dello (1927-2009) remained with Colombos

22) John Commarato (1924-) remained with Colombos

23) Alfonso Serantonio

24) Joseph Yancone

25) Eugene LaGana

26) Frank Balzano

27) Sergio "SergForce" Gallo

28) Salvatore"Lefty"Mangiamelli (1929 -pr) colombo soldier

29) Bartholomew "Bobby" Boriello (March 31, 1944 - April 13, 1991) gambino capo

30) Steven Borriello gambino associate ???

31) Frank DiMatteo,left the life and wrote the book The President Street Boys - Growing Up Mafia

32) Richard "Silverfox" DiMatteo,maybe inducted in the decavalcante,contract hitmen who worked

for multiple crime families, who survived to retire a life after the ‘business’.

33) Bobby “Bobby Darrow” Bongiovi (1936-pr) colombo soldier get life in 1973

34) Rosario "Roy Roy" Musico

35) Preston Gaietano ???

36) Michael Rizzitello (1929-2005),fled to California in 1961 later become a L.A. family capo

37) Pete "The Greek" Diapoulas
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/16/17 03:24 PM

You can add Michael Rizzitello of Los Angeles crime family.

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/16/17 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
You can add Michael Rizzitello of Los Angeles crime family.

Done. Any info on the other members ?
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/16/17 03:35 PM

Furio, awsome list. I'm fascinated by the Gallo history, enjoyed the list immensely.

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/16/17 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: majicrat
Furio, awsome list. I'm fascinated by the Gallo history, enjoyed the list immensely.

Thanks Majicrat,don't remember when I read the fist of joe gallo but I liked the character and even buy an old Vhs for watch the movie Joey because don't exist the dvd (at least in italian).
I hope to update the chart for post on blackhand forum and give a lesson to those snooty that mocked me.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/16/17 05:08 PM

Thanks furio ! Its really is a great list !
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/16/17 08:19 PM

I didn't know he had this big of a crew, was the little person listed, or was he just a guy from the neighborhood?

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/16/17 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: GerryLang
I didn't know he had this big of a crew, was the little person listed, or was he just a guy from the neighborhood?

You should control the list names in first and in the second war. When Gallo went out on 1972 10 men was dead or turned with the profacis. More was South Brooklyn thugs that want to be made and in the first war there was also made men that hated Profaci

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/16/17 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

You should control the list names in first and in the second war. When Gallo went out on 1972 10 men was dead or turned with the profacis. More was South Brooklyn thugs that want to be made and in the first war there was also made men that hated Profaci

Excellent work my friend! Do you know how many guys from Gallos crew were killed by Profaci? I never knew Persico was with Gallo at one time.

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/16/17 10:16 PM

6 counting even Joey.But dont know the fate of some men in the list.

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/16/17 10:17 PM

Excellent work my friend! Do you know how many guys from Gallos crew were killed by Profaci? I never knew Persico was with Gallo at one time.

6,counting even Joey.But dont know the fate of some men in the list.

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/16/17 11:18 PM

You have guys coming in and out between the Gallo wars. That is why there are so many, plus you had associates on recorded with other made members who hated Profaci.

There are couple of other guys from California that Joey brought to or back to NYC.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/17/17 12:13 AM

They considered Mondo as part of the crew, he was arrested with Larry & Albert I believe, and a couple of other crew members and they had them take a line up picture, I forget what they were arrested for. But Mondo essentially just looked after the social club, his mother owned the property where the Gallo social club was, so Mondo was able to look after the club for the "guys".

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/17/17 07:15 AM

Furio,

Anthony Abbatemarco

James Cardiello- Brother of Joseph, defected to Profaci side.

Vincent Gugliaro- transferred to the Genovese family with Albert Gallo and Frank Illiano, made in the 1970's.

Charles Giambi- transferred to Genovese family, associate with Genovese family

Tommy R? Although Tommy Ricciardi was an associate to Mike Rizzitello and later made into the Los Angeles crime family, there is not enough to say that Tommy R is Tommy Ricciardi.

Preston Gaietano- transferred to Genovese family. Associate

Eugene LaGana- transfered to Genovese family. Associate

Frank Balzano- transferred to Lucchese family. Associate

Jerry Basciano was one of the members that was made on the sneak in the early 1970's.

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/17/17 09:23 AM

Thanks for the infos Giacomo.

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/17/17 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

They considered Mondo as part of the crew, he was arrested with Larry & Albert I believe, and a couple of other crew members and they had them take a line up picture, I forget what they were arrested for. But Mondo essentially just looked after the social club, his mother owned the property where the Gallo social club was, so Mondo was able to look after the club for the "guys".

Intetesting, there was a few times I was tempted to buy a book on Gallo but never pulled the trigger. One of them looked really bad. I think the author was a hipster type of guy who moved to Brooklyn.

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/17/17 09:13 PM

I can't find anything on pete the greek after 1972. He's still alive ?
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/17/17 09:56 PM

Furio,

Anthony Abbatemarco

James Cardiello- Brother of Joseph, defected to Profaci side.

Vincent Gugliaro- transferred to the Genovese family with Albert Gallo and Frank Illiano, made in the 1970's.

Charles Giambi- transferred to Genovese family, associate with Genovese family

Tommy R? Although Tommy Ricciardi was an associate to Mike Rizzitello and later made into the Los Angeles crime family, there is not enough to say that Tommy R is Tommy Ricciardi.

Preston Gaietano- transferred to Genovese family. Associate

Eugene LaGana- transfered to Genovese family. Associate

Frank Balzano- transferred to Lucchese family. Associate

Jerry Basciano was one of the members that was made on the sneak in the early 1970's.

Shouldn't that be Preston Geritano? The same guy who had the beef with Bobby Boriello?

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/18/17 05:36 AM

@ BillyBrizzi, you are thinking of James Geritano.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/18/17 02:13 PM

No, I mean Preston Geritano. He's called that in all the articles and books.

Here's an excerpt from a 2005 Jerry Capeci article:

''When Gotti pal Bartholomew "Bobby" Borriello was killed in front of his Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, home in April 1991, Junior fingered rival mob associate Preston Geritano for the hit and demanded that the Genoveses execute Geritano, a longtime Borriello antagonist, according to the Manhattan prosecutors.''

Full article: http://www.nysun.com/new-york/wiseguys-breaking-mob-laws/17004/
Posted By: bronx

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/19/17 10:39 AM

There was a jimmy lefty and louie cadillac

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/19/17 03:39 PM

There was a Preston Geritano, I don't know if him and James were the same person, but he too is mentioned in the President Street Boys book as a former Gallo associate whom went bad and ended up becoming a rival.

It seems there were A LOT of members and associates of the Gallo crew, some closer to inner circle than others, a lot of the guys were even of Italian descent as well. You had a "John The Arab", "Frank "Prosciutto" Farella", Anthony "Bull-Eye" Prano, whom was closer to Steven Gallo if anything. Joe The Rican. Now that I'm re-reading it, Preston almost definitely wasn't the same person as James. As it says, "he had two brothers whom were also in the crew", he was ultimately among those Gallo crew members whom were released to the Genovese, along with Kid Blast and Punchy Illiano. A lot of these guys died young, which is why you don't really hear about them, and they were often referred to as the "new generation", as they didn't come into the Gallo fold until the early 60's, and were the new hoods so to speak, running around President Street. Kid Blast being the youngest Gallo brother was often in charge of these new guys. Which makes it a little more clearer why and how a lot of them ended up with the Genovese.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/20/17 07:08 AM

Was Gallo behind the Colombo shooting? He made a lot of black friends in prison so a lot of the Colombo guys figured it was him who hired the shooter.

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/20/17 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By: bronx
There was a jimmy lefty and louie cadillac

Those would be James Geritano and Louis Mariano.

Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

No, I mean Preston Geritano. He's called that in all the articles and books.

Here's an excerpt from a 2005 Jerry Capeci article:

''When Gotti pal Bartholomew "Bobby" Borriello was killed in front of his Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, home in April 1991, Junior fingered rival mob associate Preston Geritano for the hit and demanded that the Genoveses execute Geritano, a longtime Borriello antagonist, according to the Manhattan prosecutors.''

Full article: http://www.nysun.com/new-york/wiseguys-breaking-mob-laws/17004/

You are right Billy. The brothers were loyal to Larry, a lot of guys were, more so than they were with Joe and Albert. Looking over those that were on record or suspected to be on record with Larry, you can add Frank Giannone, who hanged around Sebastian Nani, Salvatore Cerrito, and Dominick Russo in the bay area before moving to New York. He moved back to the bay area in 66'. Unknown after 1973.

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Was Gallo behind the Colombo shooting? He made a lot of black friends in prison so a lot of the Colombo guys figured it was him who hired the shooter.

Anthony Abbatemarco was behind the shooting. He had running fueds with both Joe Colombo and Joey Gallo. He stayed close to the Persicos during that time, when Sonny and Vince stopped gaining momentum in the Colombos, plus Charlie fleeing New York helped to launch him close to Teddy Persico in 1972.

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/20/17 05:29 PM

You don't know who was behind the shooting.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/20/17 05:54 PM

A lot of people speak as fact when offering a theory. I picked up on it. Very few people, if anyone alive today, knows who conspired in that hit. I appreciate Vacari's feedback, regardless, as well as yours, Sinatra.

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/20/17 08:04 PM

Blackhand forum rejected my list saying it was ridiculous and with no sources, now I'm rewriting it.

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/21/17 05:05 AM

Blackhand forum rejected my list saying it was ridiculous and with no sources, now I'm rewriting it.

I thought the RealDeal forum was inactive?

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/21/17 08:38 AM

I thought the RealDeal forum was inactive?

Last time I tried to log in the site was inactive. Ah for giacomo for blackhand members you re a liar.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Full Crazy Joe Gallo Crew Members List - 03/22/17 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan

ive read quite a bit about the gallo's I think Gambino had columbo hit, he was getting sick of his Italian league, thought it was bringing too much FBI heat, which it was, Gambino saw an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone, he knew gallo would be blamed which he was, and carlo was smart as a fox, he got rid of both of them.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET