Home

Merlino gonna walk?

Posted By: merlino

Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 02:41 AM

http://nypost.com/2017/03/12/mobsters-could-walk-free-after-feds-potentially-botch-case/

this guy leads a pretty charmed life
Posted By: BobbyPazzo

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 03:07 AM

Not the first time the post has used mike taccetta's prison photo as parello.
Posted By: Ryan98366

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 04:44 AM

Way to go Mainstream Media for not fact checking and proof reading a story. Michael Tacetta picture. No wonder I no longer watch CNN. Does that qualify as fake news or just lazy reporter?

Merlino lives to fight another day....
Posted By: Ted

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 06:50 AM

"Agents may have also leaked confidential case information to Gangland News, a well-read blog about organized crime, one source said."

Shame on you Capeci lol
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 09:12 AM

This would cause w couple of FED's to have a coronary, their life mission is to see Merlino die behind them walls.It suits them right with all the corrupt shit they pulled over the years.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 11:22 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4307784/East-Cost-mobsters-walk-free-FBI-leaks.html
Posted By: Aces

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 12:48 PM

Gotta wonder if they intentionally put Michael T's pic in there???
The most important aspect of this article is where one of the defense lawyer says, regarding the feds: " if they cheated a little, they cheated a lot". He is right.
The article mentioned Merlino with also supervising the sale of guns and untaxed cigarettes.
Merlino should never of let an outsider into his tightly knit inner circle. He should of told Patsy Porello thanks but no thanks.
Thats how Previte got him along with that guy from Boston back in the day.
Posted By: Newengland

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 12:59 PM

Something smells here
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 01:34 PM

The FED's cheated a "little"... I'm not surprised at all. They probably cheat a "little" most of the time. I'm guessing Merlino took this guy in because Parrello probably vouched for him and I bet Merlino trusted Parrello due to his reputation as a stand up guy etc or he took him in because he saw $$. Who knows, that's just my theory.
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 01:37 PM

So is there really a possibility that these guys walk? Is the case getting thrown out!?
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 01:57 PM

We all know Merlino and the others are guilty of the charges against them so the backlash against the Feds, jumping to conclusions and general piousness is pretty odd.

Sure, the Feds have to establish this guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I know of guys who have e.g. sexually assaulted women and got away with it - everyone knows they did it - because it couldn't be proven.

Be interesting to see what the reaction would be if say Karrin Vetrano's rapist got off on a technicality and/or because of bungling by investigators.

Just my two cents!

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
We all know Merlino and the others are guilty of the charges against them so the backlash against the Feds, jumping to conclusions and general piousness is pretty odd.

I know of guys who have e.g. sexually assaulted women and got away with it - everyone knows they did it - because it couldn't be proven.

Be interesting to see what the reaction would be if say Karrin Vetrano's rapist got off on a technicality and/or because of bungling by investigators.

Apples to Oranges. Mafia crimes are usually victimless, no one forces an individual to make a loan or bet on a game. Comparing that to a brutal rape and murder is asinine. You're not going to need a bunch of criminals ratting to convict the murdering rapist, but DNA.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 02:18 PM

Agree, the rapist analogy is absurd.
I know Parello vouched for the guy and im sure it put Merlino in an awkward position. It would of been hard to say no to Porello. Im sure Merlino wasnt too happy or maybe he was due to a big shot like Porello partnering with him.
Merlino should of kept him at a distance. Either way, he was in a bad position.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 02:35 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't most bookmaking and loansharking busts intertwined with extortion and threats of physical violence or worse?

And what of the knock-on effect the sale of drugs has in terms of urban crime?

Aces, you mentioned in a previous post how Merlino commissioned the sale of guns!

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 02:55 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't most bookmaking and loansharking busts intertwined with extortion and threats of physical violence or worse?

Aces, you mentioned in a previous post how Merlino commissioned the sale of guns!

They consider words violence, which are usually empty threats. As I said no one forced to make a loan or put a bet in. To compare that to a young lady minding her business going for a jog and get brutally raped and murder is stupid. It's like comparing someone getting caught with weed to BTK.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 03:18 PM

Just my two cents!

Moe my friend, do you really think the end always justifies the means and should a judge just disregard misconduct from FBI agents, because they are trying to put evil-doers behind bars?

For example, do you disagree with the decision by the courts to reverse a lot of those sentences after it became clear that agent Lindley DeVecchio had that shady relationship with Scarpa?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 06:08 PM

Pretty bad look if this blows up. Like these well paid lawyers habe the fbi play book. Ny post isnt the most fact checking ragg.
Posted By: Ryan98366

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 08:17 PM

Remember the NJ Genovese garbage case with Papa Smurf? The CI was dirty and most of them took small plea deal and some walked. My guess is Feds offer amazing plea deals to make this go away. Except Merlino will never plea and will fight to the end.
Posted By: Kash

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 08:55 PM

IF IF IF Skinny walks, does he finally totally insulate himself and take a step back?

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/13/17 09:43 PM

I mentioned that about the guns because it sounds very vague and can mean a lot of things.
Still, comparing him to a rapist is ridiculous.
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/14/17 12:06 AM

It's all inter-related

a bookmaker doesn't just suddenly decides he wants to be a bookmaker. He needs the funds

And that comes from drugs money.... which is reinvested in bookmaking/ loansharking

So yes whilst many say ahh who cares about a couple of sports bets or loans...consider what's funding these operations

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/14/17 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Tonytough

It's all inter-related

a bookmaker doesn't just suddenly decides he wants to be a bookmaker. He needs the funds

And that comes from drugs money.... which is reinvested in bookmaking/ loansharking

So yes whilst many say ahh who cares about a couple of sports bets or loans...consider what's funding these operations

I don't necessarily believe most bookmakers get their start up money from drug proceeds. A lot of times they will borrow off a bigger book for a point to say then loan out for more points. A lot of guys who book been doing it for decades. Don't forget shylocking and gambling books go hand in hand. Frank Calabrese had a huge shylock book and he was never into drugs. A lot of these guys got legitimate money they use too, there is no one formula on getting a book started.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/14/17 02:56 AM

O MY DOES SOMETHING SMELL BAD HERE A LOT OF TALK GOING ON ABOUT WHO IS REALLY TALKING.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/14/17 02:58 AM

DID YOU FORGET IT IS NOT CALLED PHILADELPHIA ITS CALLED TELLADELPHIA

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/14/17 02:59 AM

Mayo face twitter

Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/14/17 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Newengland

Hey fella word of advice.. dont post shit in all caps.. it comes off as if you're shouting at the other members and or a 70 yr old man using the computer for the first time.. just some friendly advice

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/14/17 11:37 AM

MIKEYBALLS211. What are you six years old what you write on here is from a cartoon story you must be from telladelphia
Posted By: Biggie

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/14/17 03:18 PM

n.e...whats your problem with this telladelphia bullshit? philly only place that has rats or something? there are a lot of good guys from philly, some bad like everywhere else, but a lot of good, so slow down with that arrogance..you have done your time, im sure with a lot of good philly guys, so enough with that shit

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/14/17 03:35 PM

ToughTony
Ive been around my share of bookmakers and none of them were funded by drugs.
What area of disneyland do you come from?

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/14/17 04:30 PM

Yea New England please cut it out with the telladelphia shit. I'm not from Philly. If anything those guys are more loyal to eachother than any family. I don't care if people wanna call them a street gang. Whatever they are or aren't... They're loyal to eachother. And as far as the average book being funded by drug money, that's completely inaccurate. Not sure where you got that from. I'm not trying to be confrontational, it's just not true.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/14/17 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Holyoke
So is there really a possibility that these guys walk? Is the case getting thrown out!?

The case isn't being thrown out. Is there a possibility they walk? Yes.

I think these articles are jumping the gun, for one, the info that showed up in Capeci's article, had already previously been brought up in the federal indictment memos, so I don't see how that qualifies as feds leaking anything. I'm sure certain parameters to be set personally by the judge after this, but I see it still going to trial.

Seems like people still have a hard-on for Merlino after all these years, and actually think he's being done wrong. The guys been a schemer and perpetrator of crime all his life, he deserves all the time he could get for those simple facts alone.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/14/17 05:49 PM

This women who wrote the article seems legit. She works the beat at the federal courthouse in Manhattan and writes alot checked her twitter. Its been about 7 months since tue arrests so maybe the discovery motions started making cracks in the case and its going to shit. If they cant use the witness they cant use the recordings i think. Fruit from a poisoness tree bullshit. Thats why the lawyers get paid the big bucks. Kinda sneaky capecis last article was all abunch of leaked info about the lucheses getting indicted in the near future take the eyes of this parello merlino mess if its falling apart. And the whole a.g. getting fired by trump is a circus. What if the whole group is offerd sweet global plea deal and merlinos like nah i want a trial.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/14/17 06:17 PM

90% of bookies i know never even been around drugs.
Posted By: DB

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/14/17 08:33 PM

Funny as 90% of bookies I know been around drugs at some point if not at the same time. Company you keep I guess, lol, but it's all a big hustle at the end of the day with everyone trying to get their cut - big or small .
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/14/17 08:43 PM

There's so much action right now this week with all the bookies in Jersey with March Madness, millions in action will be placed during the NCAA Tournament I bet with Jersey mob bookies

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/15/17 03:17 AM

Ok I understand and you are right I do know good philly guys but I am not the one who started that saying and yes New York as a ton of rats I will say this the buffalo family is a good family and I am not from there
Posted By: strococs

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/15/17 08:23 AM

Originally Posted By: GerryLang
Originally Posted By: Tonytough

It's all inter-related

I don't necessarily believe most bookmakers get their start up money from drug proceeds. A lot of times they will borrow off a bigger book for a point to say then loan out for more points. A lot of guys who book been doing it for decades. Don't forget shylocking and gambling books go hand in hand. Frank Calabrese had a huge shylock book and he was never into drugs. A lot of these guys got legitimate money they use too, there is no one formula on getting a book started.

IF you have no money to run a book , you would be put on A half or quarter sheet.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/15/17 05:52 PM

Most guys don't put up the $ to start the books .

That's usually either a wise guy or a long time gambling associate of his with a few independents sprinkled in here and there. The big players will also handle the servicing part - website mngt where $ can be made too , sharking as well.

Most guys just manage a package for the book and get a cut of their clients losses. Real players can get up to 40-50%

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/15/17 06:17 PM

If they cant youse this guy rubeo and his recording thats a huge fail. Hes the guy who was sent by patsy to merlino to split the gambling proceeds. He was there with another guy when they beat the panhandler. And recorded merlino trying to whelch on a payout of 7k. Sidenote the bookies around worcester area are like family biz passed on one generation after another predomantly italian. Grandfathers or son use the sons as collecter.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/15/17 06:18 PM

Dam my spell check thing doesnt pop up to change my shit. Cant post nomo witout being extra dumb.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/15/17 06:40 PM

Best description of these mobs and they're parasitic influence on society

Organized crime mobs have thrived within New York City since the beginning of this century. Their names, numbers and leadership have shifted over time. The structure of "La Cosa Nostra" (meaning "this thing of ours") has remained the same. Each mob has an administration consisting of a boss, an underboss and a "consigliere," or counselor. This administration presides over a network of crews. Each crew is headed by a "capo," or captain, and is made up of numerous soldiers. The soldiers and captains carry out most of the criminal activities, funnelling much of the proceeds up to the administration.

The crimes from which these mobs produce their income include robbery, arson, insurance fraud, illegal gambling, corruption of labor unions, extortion, loansharking and drug dealing. Murder frequently is committed to enforce the internal rules of conduct and as part of struggles for control within and among the mobs. These rules include the requirements of maintaining silence about the organization's activities, refraining from harming law enforcement officers, declining to deal in drugs or counterfeit currency and refraining from harming another member without the approval of the "Commission." The Commission, which meets secretly and infrequently, consists of the leadership of all the organized mobs in New York City.

Discipline has eroded in recent years. Many of the formerly ironclad rules, such as the prohibition against narcotics commerce, are now violated with impunity. The rules limiting the use of internecine violence have been flouted, resulting in bloody battles and the shooting of bystanders. Perhaps most significantly, the code of silence that sealed the mobs off from penetration by law enforcement, is dissolving. Members now frequently testify against their former associates. For example, at the trials of these defendants, the juries learned about the operations of La Cosa Nostra from members of the Colombo family itself, from the former acting boss of the Luchese family and from the former consigliere of the Gambino family.

The powerful influence of these gangs in New York City was illustrated during these trials. The accomplice witnesses spoke of their own youthful aspirations to become organized crime soldiers, of the long period of apprenticeship and the sponsorship required before membership could be achieved and of the solemn, secretive ceremony by which new members take their oath and mix their blood with that of the mob's boss, pledging eternal loyalty, silence and obedience to all orders including the directive to kill a fellow member.

Alphonse D'Arco, the one-time acting boss of the Luchese family, noted that he was proudly present when his son Joseph was made a member despite being warned by the family's consigliere that from then on Anthony Casso, the Luchese family's boss, "owned" his son. That same son was later a threat to his own father's life. D'Arco sadly reflected on the witness stand that both he and others had been lured into organized crime by the ethos of the neighborhood as young twigs bent by their seniors. Defendant Victor Orena's own sons were referred to frequently in the testimony as aides to their father in the affairs of the Colombo mob.

The Colombo division of organized crime is one of five now operating in New York City. It is a lucrative enterprise. Its stock-in-trade is loansharking. Members of the various crews loan funds at extortionate rates of interest, usually in the neighborhood of 100 to 250 percent per year, and enforce the terms of those loans with threats of violence. A portion of the proceeds of these loans, termed "vigorish" or "vig," is shared with the higher-ups within the organization. The *872 mob's illegal gambling operations work in tandem with this financing scheme.

Like the other New York City criminal mobs, the Colombos have profited from the control of labor unions. This activity depends upon the cooperation of corrupt union officials. Typically the organized crime families will assist contractors who wish to avoid utilizing union labor by guaranteeing "labor peace" in exchange for a fee which is then shared with the corrupt union leaders.

The crime mobs frequently work together in this activity. For example, the Colombo and Luchese mobs each controlled a concrete company. As cement was offloaded at the docks, the mobs would keep track of how much went to each company. Each mob received a payment per yard of concrete that went to its own company. These payments were extracted in exchange for the guarantee of the mob to maintain peace with the labor unions involved in the concrete business.

The Gambino and Colombo mob capitalized on their control of labor unions in connection with the pouring of foundations for Navy and other housing on Staten Island. The Gambino family controlled the two major concrete companies on Staten Island. The price of the concrete was inflated by five dollars per yard, with one dollar per yard going back to the company and the other four being shared by the Gambinos and Colombos. Control of the unions involved in the concrete business by the two mobs ensured that no other concrete companies could operate on Staten Island, which was described by Salvatore Gravano, the former consigliere of the Gambinos, as a "gold mine."

The Luchese and Colombo mobs profited in connection with a project to dismantle the West Side Highway in Manhattan. The Luchese group arranged a "sweetheart" contract for movement of scrap steel between the dock workers union, controlled by the Colombo group, and the construction company in charge of the project which wished to avoid dealing with the steel workers. The Luchese mob was to be paid $800,000 for its services in arranging the deal through the Colombos and maintaining peace with the steel workers.

The Luchese and Colombo mobs also profit by cooperating in the control of unions and the maintenance of labor peace in the shipping industry at Kennedy Airport. Four of the five mobs cooperated in obtaining shares of the criminal proceeds generated by Russian emigre organized crime groups that controlled a huge tax avoidance scheme in the gasoline industry.

Struggles for control of the Colombo mob have occurred frequently throughout its history. The present official boss of the Colombos, Carmine Persico, is serving prison sentences of 100 and 39 years imposed in 1986 and 1987. As a result of his absence, a contest for leadership developed between those loyal to Persico and those loyal to defendant Victor Orena whom Persico had appointed acting boss in 1988. Orena had attempted to parlay his temporary appointment into a permanent one, in violation of his agreement with Persico that Persico's son Alphonse would lead the family upon release from prison.

Sessa and Orena were responsible for many of the crimes for which they were convicted as part of the war that broke out when Orena attempted to seize control of the Colombos. Amato, while he had a less obvious role, participated as a trusted leader, and insider, in the gamut of crimes committed by the Colombo gang. Using scores of guns, police radios, bullet-proof vests, walkie-talkies, hideouts in New York and New Jersey, stolen cars, surveillance reports, and inside telephone records, the Colombos stalked each other. Were it not for the fact that the New York police and Federal Bureau of Investigation had bugged their cars and hideouts and frustrated many of their ambushes, the death toll would have multiplied. The recordings of their conversations as they rode out on their killing missions were terrifying in their inanity, calculated coldness and lack of respect for human life and even the dignity of death.

Each of these three defendants had an important role in the Colombo organized mob and in the war for its leadership. Each participated in the full range of crimes attributed to the mobs. Each was responsible for murders, conspiracies to murder, loansharking *873 and other serious continuing crimes. While each defendant has undoubtedly amassed large sums of money, the government has not been able to trace most of their assets.

The evidence in this case and other cases tried in this court proves beyond any doubt that these defendants will not abandon their criminal activities and mob membership upon release from incarceration. They will try to participate in gang activities from prison. No matter how aged or infirm, they will continue to represent serious dangers to the community.

The close-knit and loving relationships of these defendants with their children, their spouses or their paramours do not take precedence over their continuing evil power and their urge to commit serious crimes. The court regrets the pain caused defendants' relatives by the harsh sentences that must be imposed; it is defendants' voluntary criminal acts that are responsible for their punishment.

Considerations of incapacitation and general deterrence overwhelm all other factors in the sentencing of Sessa, Orena and Amato. These are not quotidian cases. These mobsters, working within their own and with other mobs, have thrived in and cultivated a complex and pervasive culture of crime that infests and sucks dry entire communities and industries within this city and surrounding areas. Harsh terms of imprisonment are required to incapacitate defendants and extract them from the net of criminal activity in which they have been enmeshed for their adult lives and to which they no doubt would return at the first opportunity. Severe sentences may also by general deterrence save youngsters who might be seduced into the criminal lifestyle of these mobsters.

The testimony in these three trials detailed the highly organized, structured nature of the Colombo and other mobs. The pervasive influence of the organized crime mobs in many of the formerly great industries of New York was made clear. The drain on the city's human and economic resources caused by this criminal activity has been a major factor in the deterioration of our social, political and economic infrastructure. The history of these families their steady growth and repeated struggles for power internally and with each other demonstrate that they are tenacious and will not easily be defeated. The culture of crime is potent. Its adherents know no other way.

The direct and indirect costs of these gangs to the honest people of the metropolitan area are measured in the billions of dollars. Whole industries have been poisoned and adversely affected. Waterfront activities and traffic by ships, aircraft and trucks, building trades, garment trades, convention and theatrical facilities, restaurants and even politics are among the innumerable areas where these malefactors have operated. Using their loansharking and shakedown techniques they have gained control over numerous businesses, often driving them into bankruptcy and causing the loss of great numbers of jobs. The direct costs to taxpayers of police surveillance and prosecutions run into the millions. And, of course, many individuals have been killed, maimed, or prevented from living in the peace and tranquillity they were entitled to expect in our democratic society.

Incapacitation is the only means of preventing these defendants from perpetuating their criminal activity. Their past histories reveal them to be recidivists who cannot be rehabilitated. Their removal from society will prevent the further damage they are sure to cause and may have the added benefit of discouraging the inevitable successor *875 generation that seems to arrive as soon as its forebears depart.

The testimony at trial revealed the extent to which mob life is shared and inherited through real families. Accomplice witnesses detailed how young, impressionable males in the Italian-American community have been lured into the destructive life of these mobs before they are able to recognize the better opportunities available to them. While court records indicate that the gangs themselves constitute only a miniscule percentage of this hard-working and law-abiding community, their reputations and representativeness have been grossly inflated to the detriment of the entire group. And they still are role models for a small and decreasing number of young men. It is tragic that even a relatively few young people with great potential for law-abiding lives should emulate these defendants and their ilk. Even when the aura of the mob was bright most youngsters in this community escaped from poverty of ideas and aspirations through education and hard legitimate work. Now, with university open admissions policies and numerous role models to name but a few, the Governor of New York, an Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court and the former Chancellor of the New York City Schools and Dean of the Cardozo Law School it is more important than ever to stamp out this baleful group of ruthless and cruel parasites who too often are mistakenly thought of as representing their community.

The task of rooting out these criminals is arduous. They must be removed one-by-one through burdensome and expensive prosecutions that amount to a guerilla war on organized crime. The increased number of members of gangs willing to testify and the deterioration in the quality of their leadership and membership does show the utility and efficiency of the tenacious and sometimes brilliant work of law enforcement agencies. The cost of these gangs to society, both in terms of dollars spent and in terms of the drag on human resources in our court system, preventing the smooth administration of civil justice, remains great.

Unrelenting pressure of hundreds of talented city, state and federal investigators over many years has now undermined the walls of secrecy surrounding these gangs. Many of their managing personnel now cooperate with the government. Sentences most severe are required if the final assaults on their citadels, while these gangs are disorganized and on the run, are to be successful. The tactics of Grant, not McClellan, are in order.

The Guidelines are of little assistance in these cases. They focus myopically on mechanical aspects of the offenses. Their formulaic scheme fails to account for the overall picture of these defendants developed during three trials and in three thorough and exhaustive presentence reports. These criminals must be punished in the proper context of their lives and their overall actions, not in the vacuum of "units," "offense levels" and "adjustments" created by the Guidelines.

These cases are extraordinary. Incapacitation and deterrence, 18 U.S.C. ยง 3553(a) (2) (B) and (C), far outweigh other factors encompassed by the statutes and Guidelines. All three defendants must be imprisoned for life. That the Guidelines require terms of life imprisonment demonstrates that appropriate sentences for these unusual defendants coincide with sentences meted out for those who have committed similar offenses in the past.

Severe fines must also be imposed. The proof relating to defendants' lifelong involvement in lending funds at annual rates of interest greatly exceeding 100 percent establishes beyond a reasonable doubt that they are concealing significant assets. The limited financial information gleaned by Probation undoubtedly underrepresents greatly the monies that defendants have squirreled away. They must reimburse society for the drain on economic resources caused by their lives of crime and for the high costs of their own necessary imprisonment.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/16/17 02:48 AM

Wonder why no other paper wrote about this. The lady writer is legit check her twitter but the post is not the greatest factual rag. Workaholics series finale is shit. Was once a funny show.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/21/17 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211

Hey fella word of advice.. dont post shit in all caps.. it comes off as if you're shouting at the other members and or a 70 yr old man using the computer for the first time.. just some friendly advice
heres another piece of advice, stop posting period. The irony of your username too...

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/21/17 02:22 AM

MIKEYBALLS211. What are you six years old what you write on here is from a cartoon story you must be from telladelphia
you are a pathetic joke.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/21/17 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211

heres another piece of advice, stop posting period. The irony of your username too...
I tried 2 tell that pot roaster the same thing when he posted some bull back in Feb. when he came on board all hootin' & hollerin' from day 1..

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/21/17 11:17 PM

Haha what a weirdo. He obviously has some type of issue with Philly..between this and the Phil Narducci prison fairytales. Takes a lot of nerve to have the username New England and then call my beautiful city "telladelphia". Pretty sure like at least half of every OC guy in New England flipped lol

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/22/17 04:04 AM

Ok, I called him out on the teladelphia shit...and I call u out vegas too..wrong, pretty sure half? Stop it will u..its same everywhere bud, rats have no geographic bounds

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/22/17 09:18 PM

Nah New Englands gotta have the highest percentage overall and its not even an arguement they have the most notable and higher up guys. Not just LCN either but Bulger Flemmi Weeks. Salemme, Rossetti, Deluca. Were talking bosses of organizations, captains, etc.. How can thay evenbe disputed?

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/22/17 09:19 PM

Telladelphia right. Tell me the last made guy who flipped? Lol was it Ralph Natale, what a heavy weight
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/22/17 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Dam my spell check thing doesnt pop up to change my shit. Cant post nomo witout being extra dumb.

I just got a new Android update on my S7 Edge and it fucked up all my typing and crap. It's having to "re-learn" all my typing habits and everything. It will change "them" to "then" and all kinds of shit. I'm about ready to drop kick it out the window! lol

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/23/17 02:26 AM

vegas, slow down pal, i certainly am not calling it teledelphia, in fact, i called new england out for saying it..what you said was you were 'pretty sure' that half of every OC guy in new england has flipped.. WRONG is what i said..and the salemme crew isnt and wasnt ever recognized by the other side, ever, vinny, bobby, jr, mike romano, anthony ciampa..all did their time like men..so slow down on your percentages, .weeks even being mentioned as a higher up is a joke, higher up? corner fuckin bookmaker..bulger, yes, flemmi, yes..you do realize that was like the 70s and 80s right? ...salemme, bulger, roseetti, deluca, all rat fucks..like leonetti, delgorno, caramandi, merlino, milano, freslone, previte, ..luisi....and like gravano, casso, massimo...and the list goes on...bad in every city..and certainly not half of the new england guys....and not half of the philly guys...joeys guys pretty much all stood up right down the line...just like vinnys guys...no difference...percentages..i have no idea..my guess though, made guy wise, its lower than philly..you got salemme, deluca, mercuruio, rossetti, im not sure of anyone else? philly, you had like 9 in the scarfo trials alone, no? i dont know, its a stupid arguement..just retract your 'half' comment cuz thats ridiculous, in fact, its ridiculous to even say its not the same everywhere., and we are good..not that you give a fuck if we are good, nor do i.. lol..just saying..your comment..was wrong, end of story

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/23/17 02:31 AM

I shall now officially retract that comment my friend. I suppose most of the rats in boston aren't technically LCN anyway. You are also right to point out no Merlino guy has ever flipped (unless you wanna count Natale).

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/23/17 02:32 AM

I guess roger vella flipped too although he was not made or relevant and Scafidi flipped but he would be a Stanfa guy.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/23/17 02:36 AM

i know, joeys guys are the a great example of standing up. i respect them to the fullest. you cant count natale as a joey guy...nor scafidi as a joey guy, only flipped because he bet the wrong horse so i agree there..and vella, is a weeks equivalent...the other dopes are all dopes..on both sides..luisi is a piece of shit, always has been, joey fell asleep on that one, as did guys up here fall asleep on rosetti, too many rats..too many dope addicts in boston in the 90s time frame...

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/23/17 02:42 AM

I think the 90s was a tough era every where as far as guys on drugs. Anyway, im sorry for my exaggerated statement on Boston. Its comical for someone to say ohilly is full of rats but my comments to you were misguided.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/23/17 04:32 AM

The Philly family hasn't had a made guy flip in over 16 years. None of the other East Coast families can say that. I think the Luccheses come closest with Joe DeFede.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 03/23/17 04:59 AM

True, sometimes money that helps to get a bookmaking, or loansharking operation going is from drugs. I disagree with Philadelphia using that method, they have old books and real estate to help them. Even though there are some evil people in Philly, the FBI broke the law. They are no better then the people they put in jail or prison.
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 04/08/17 01:54 AM

I saw that Wags and That Skinny guy was enjoying 18 holes at Trump internatinal golf course today.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 04/08/17 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: flamingokid123
I saw that Wags and That Skinny guy was enjoying 18 holes at Trump internatinal golf course today.

Jersey or West Palm ?? I am assuming West palm and he still has a travel ban I guessing,but he just never stops making the Feds hate him more .

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 04/08/17 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente

Jersey or West Palm ?? I am assuming West palm and he still has a travel ban I guessing,but he just never stops making the Feds hate him more .
West Palm.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 04/13/17 10:08 PM

I see that Skinny guy was enjoying a beautiful day at the Boca Beach Club.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 04/14/17 12:46 AM

I dont know how to post but capeci wrote this week gonna be sweet global plea deals for all. Merlino will probaly do a few for the gambling but the ract. Rico charge is getting dropped.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 04/15/17 04:58 PM

Yeah pmac I saw that story and it was quite depressing

That bust IMO reeked of BS from the start .

millions spent , thousands of agents , prosecutors , judges , COs , hours for trumped up gambling nonsense

This was low hanging fruit for the bosses and the media, plains and simple, diverting resources from worthwhile union and wholesale drug cases. I know those cases are far harder , especially today & wiseguys using all sorts of fronts , LLC, outside counsel to hide their dealings. Even just being on them surpresses their dealings , in areas that matter . Especially drugs and with the sicilians likely running the Gambinos , big wholesalers all over Canada , Italian mafia becoming international wholesalers , seems something is likely going on with Italy , US and Canada.

The new AG just needs to stop with this gambling shit , it can't be stopped , it's accepted by the public and even though they are very easy to bring in , it has zero effect on the street , maybe a 1 week disruption if they are lucky .

I will say though the indictment was pretty funny , they actually included the panhandler violence in there , lol !!!, that is some hilarious shit , basically doing the cops job ( if a woman is harassed what normal person isn't going to get a little rough with the local junkie that consistently does it ) . Then the cream scam , I haven't seen details in this case but usually that is just signing up docs and patients to prescribe shit they shouldn't for a commission or cut . The clincher is then Eastern whatever the Fuck syndicate . Who made that one up ?? lol

Whatever LE supervisors were involved here need to go down to the evidence room for their new job.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 04/15/17 05:01 PM

Does the woman who was bothered by the panhandler actually exist or was she invented as a cover story?

I should beat up a random homeless guy or panhandler for arbitrary reasons sometime.

I never knew it was legal!

The mob - arbiters of street justice.

And @ DB

It isn't just gambling though. In cases such as this, gambling is almost always intertwined with extortion/drug dealing/fraud/violence/racketeering/all of the above.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 04/15/17 06:00 PM

Does the woman who was bothered by the panhandler actually exist or was she invented as a cover story?

I should beat up a random homeless guy or panhandler for arbitrary reasons sometime.

And @ DB

It isn't just gambling though. In cases such as this, gambling is almost always intertwined with extortion/drug dealing/fraud/violence/racketeering/all of the above.

I have seen Feds extort/ commit fraud and use violence on many family members that were so called connected to mob families.

You are just starting to see the truth coming out with technology and information trickling down to these folks that now know what's what .
Posted By: Chicken713

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 04/15/17 11:01 PM

Do you think they will release the wiretaps/videos ?
Posted By: fergie

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 04/15/17 11:15 PM

Out of interest, how come Philadelphia has such an organised crime history? (Sorry if that's a stupid question) smile

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 04/17/17 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By: fergie
Out of interest, how come Philadelphia has such an organised crime history? (Sorry if that's a stupid question) smile

Because the Philly Camden and Atlantic City have been run by underworld since late 1800's

Philly leaders were right there with New Yorkers in Cuba , Dominican republic and other ventures .
This is why the old time gangsters were close with Philly , Atlantic City has been run by gangsters sine its inception .

These people also have there children meet and get married further embedding the life in generation after generation .

Most of our family's came from NY to begin with .

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 04/17/17 06:13 PM

And @ DB

I have seen Feds extort/ commit fraud and use violence on many family members that were so called connected to mob families.

You are just starting to see the truth coming out with technology and information trickling down to these folks that now know what's what .

On the other hand, I read King of the Godfathers, and I find it hard to believe how Josephine Massino didn't have to go to prison. She was balls deep in mafia enterprise too, as I suspect a lot of the wives and children are.

Thick as thieves a lot of them.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/01/17 04:34 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/al...ticle-1.3118692
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/01/17 05:17 PM

[img]http://www.tradersmagazine.com/gallery/-109227-1.html?start=23[/img]

Cirillio on the right
Posted By: PHL_Mob

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/01/17 09:48 PM

How the hell is Cirillo the head of a firm with a seat on the New York Stock Exchange? Or other way around, how does a Gambino Associate have a seat on the NY Stock Exchange? What am I missing here? Either he's the stupidest guy around getting involved when he's probably pulling in a football seasons worth of trading commissions on a weekly basis... What am I missing here? Is Cirillo as in Dom Cirillo of the Genovese? Dan Marino seemed to know him well enough in that Merlino musical chairs sit-down convo, but foreal what's this guy messing with bookmaking for if he's got so much legit money at risk?

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/01/17 10:06 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloombe...cut-broker-ties

His trading days are over....

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/01/17 11:39 PM

Lol managing a hedge fund is serious money but so is gambling! PS fuck that panhandler Moe get real. JK

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/02/17 02:01 AM

Maybe the feds should dissolve the OC units and form a Panhandler's Rights task force!
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/02/17 02:38 AM

Cirillo was basically facilitating trades for hedge funds. He was acting as a market maker. They make quite a bit of money, why he would get involved with gambling is a complete mystery to me irregardless of the gravy on top of his legit trading business.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/02/17 02:51 AM

It should come as no surprise by now that there are lots of people who like to rub shoulders with wiseguys; it's always been that way, it doesn't matter whether they are rich or poor.

Joey Merlino is milking Stan Stein for all he's worth.

Then there are the kids in Philadelphia who grew up with pictures of Joey Merlino covering their bedroom walls (like he's a member of NSYNC or something).*

*This is actually true by the way. I read there was a budding mobster in Philly who had pics of Merlino all over his room, can't remember if it was The Goodfella Tapes or The Last Gangster.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/02/17 11:46 AM

It should come as no surprise by now that there are lots of people who like to rub shoulders with wiseguys; it's always been that way, it doesn't matter whether they are rich or poor.

Joey Merlino is milking Stan Stein for all he's worth.

Then there are the kids in Philadelphia who grew up with pictures of Joey Merlino covering their bedroom walls (like he's a member of NSYNC or something).*

*This is actually true by the way. I read there was a budding mobster in Philly who had pics of Merlino all over his room, can't remember if it was The Goodfella Tapes or The Last Gangster.

Roger Vella

Turned rat

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/02/17 07:15 PM

Really stupid as FINRA just shut these guys down so they are done

I can understand the temptation as a B/D is a betting agent that keeps his commission but just in a different market and obviously an unregulated market and the 2 don't mix . Especially in today's environment where just the allegation of inappropriate behavior will end 20 years relationship on the day of announcement . Everyone bets but u can't even an agent , my lord .

Anyway whoever works at Princeton Group is going thru pure hell right now as your job is done or will be and after MG Global the SEC is in their office now making sure they didn't take or comingle their client accounts , the fact that they shut them down before being convicted tells me some shady client accounting was going on there . B/D is a low margin business today in the cash equity side which it seems was their bread and butter. They mainly make their $ on their client balances but low interest rates have killed em .

Still Point 72 and Glenview are monster clients, especially point 72, Billions on showtime is likely loosely based on point 72 owner Steve Cohen - one of best equity traders ever but sec shut him down over insider trading

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/06/17 12:54 AM

A Week In The Life Of Philly Don Skinny Joey: Shunning Pleas, Wedding Bliss & Who Is Anthony Cirillo?

http://gangsterreport.com/a-week-in-the-...nthony-cirillo/

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/06/17 12:56 AM

The 51-year old Tony Cirillo splits his time between New Jersey and Boca Raton and is alleged to be a mid-level sports gambling manager on behalf of both the Gambino and Genovese crime families in New York. He was barred from attending Caudoโ€™s wedding ceremony to avoid seeing Merlino, a close friend of his. Prior to his being arrested last summer, Cirillo controlled business affairs at Wall Street trading firm Princeton Securities through a trust and according to sources in federal law enforcement, is connected to mob crews in the Garden State belonging to Genovese capo Ludwig (Ninny) Bruschi and Gambino capo Alphonse (Funzi) Sisca.

Cirilloโ€™s name popped up in a criminal investigation earlier in the decade probing Genovese syndicate gambling activity in New Jersey. In 2015, Genovese bookie Gary (Baldy) Latawiec was indicted for running one of the biggest sports books in the country out of the Tribeca Spa of Tranquility in Manhattan. Per court documents tied to the Polish 78-year old Latawiecโ€™s case, Latawiecโ€™s gambling business delivered proceeds in tribute envelopes of cash to Genovese mob administrators using Cirullo as an intermediary.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/10/17 02:21 PM

For the first time since the 80's I just spent the last ten minutes talking to Skinny outside Wawa in Ventnor , he and his crew were heading to Eddies office .

I am guessing he is about to sign or set up his plea deal .

Following three big sub trays from Sacco subs in Ventnor for there lunch !!!

Let's see how long it takes for the plea news to come public knowledge.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/10/17 02:32 PM

For the first time since the 80's I just spent the last ten minutes talking to Skinny outside Wawa in Ventnor

You just walked up to him? How was he?

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/10/17 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto
For the first time since the 80's I just spent the last ten minutes talking to Skinny outside Wawa in Ventnor

You just walked up to him? How was he?

He recognize me , maybe could not place me but as soon I I spoke he knew .

He was standing in front waiting for the shop to open , he looked good as always looking around .

I did not see any Feds and I was looking the entire time .

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/10/17 02:53 PM

He was just standing outside a Wawa before opening time and just waiting?

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/10/17 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

No wawa is 24/7 he was waiting for Sacco to open ...and he is very comfortable there he has and has had houses there .

Ironic it's right around the corner from Chris office and Jr. Old restaurant .
Posted By: Stubbs

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/10/17 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

No wawa is 24/7 he was waiting for Sacco to open ...and he is very comfortable there he has and has had houses there .

Ironic it's right around the corner from Chris office and Jr. Old restaurant .

Isn't Sac O Subs where Billy Gambini stole the can of tuna down in Alabama and accidentally caught a muder case? His cousin Vinny had to come defend him at the trial too!

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/10/17 11:49 PM

Yeah ! But different business!!!

Sacco 's are blood relatives of the famous White House sub shop in Atlantic City .

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/10/17 11:54 PM

So, is he really 5 ft. 2 after seeing him in the flesh?

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/11/17 12:40 AM

So, is he really 5 ft. 2 after seeing him in the flesh?

I first seen him in summer of 80/81 and he was tiny then and I guess he is 5'4 ish but yeah he is small .

His grandparents had a place on Georgia ave back in the day and a few cousins in duck town so he was no stranger to the neighborhood I was born in but way before him .

He has cousins in Ventnor and Margate and a godson in Ducktown so he was around a lot but I am older so he could of been hanging around before 80 with Jr.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/11/17 03:48 AM

I know 10 days ago he turned down 11 to 15 months...I think he would take a little more time if they cut his supervised release...any plea he takes would really have to have all the chips in his reel...patsy last offer I believe 87 months..far cry from the 20 plus at start of indictment

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/11/17 10:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Biggie
I know 10 days ago he turned down 11 to 15 months...I think he would take a little more time if they cut his supervised release...any plea he takes would really have to have all the chips in his reel...patsy last offer I believe 87 months..far cry from the 20 plus at start of indictment

The fucker did not seem to have a worry in the world , he was cracking jokes with the business owner , must be nice to not be concerned about living in the joint !

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/11/17 01:08 PM

For the first time since the 80's I just spent the last ten minutes talking to Skinny outside Wawa in Ventnor , he and his crew were heading to Eddies office .

Serp, no offense but every time you speak of Merlino you trash him...now you are online bragging about talking to him?

Did you let him know how you talk about him online?

Neat you ran into him and thanks for the insight, however you seem a bit two faced when it comes to Merlino online vs in the flesh

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/11/17 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

Serp, no offense but every time you speak of Merlino you trash him...now you are online bragging about talking to him?

Neat you ran into him and thanks for the insight, however you seem a bit two faced when it comes to Merlino online vs in the flesh

There a reason for the dissension I have for him .

But I can not prove it so it is what it is ...

No honor amongst thieves !!!

The point I was trying for was he was heading to a meeting with Eddie and sure it's about the case , not how much dislike I have for the guy .

He knows we're I grew up and who I been friends with .... it's just the way it is in that life.

And it's not like I kept this quiet , I am not saying something and hiding " I know these families and ones that have been hurt and ones that have profited from the life , but when you go after your blood family you change in my eyes .

When it come to blood you never cross that line and if you do you are a different kind of animal .

Posted By: azguy

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/11/17 02:18 PM

The guy is the real "last Don", huge balls and his life is quite a story. I wish we knew more about Philly, the role of Uncle Joe, why that hit took place during the trial (couldn't it had waited a few weeks) and how the family is structured and deals with NYC families or even Boston.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/11/17 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

There a reason for the dissension I have for him .

But I can not prove it so it is what it is ...

No honor amongst thieves !!!

The point I was trying for was he was heading to a meeting with Eddie and sure it's about the case , not how much dislike I have for the guy .

He knows we're I grew up and who I been friends with .... it's just the way it is in that life.

Fair enough, Wasnt trying to give you shit just point out the hypocrisy

appreciate the insight

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/11/17 04:02 PM

^^^^^^ nothing to it ^^^^^^

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/12/17 06:45 AM

Originally Posted By: azguy
The guy is the real "last Don", huge balls and his life is quite a story. I wish we knew more about Philly, the role of Uncle Joe, why that hit took place during the trial (couldn't it had waited a few weeks) and how the family is structured and deals with NYC families or even Boston.

Something to be said for us knowing so little about ligambi's time at the top. He ran things how they're supposed to be run. Money not headlines as George a. Always said. I ran into someone the other day I'm friends with and he's somebody to say the least. Joey came up and all his shit and that's how ligambi came up and like I said. He carries major respect. This guy dknt know him personally but his father and brothers do. People who are familiar with me and what I usually post on should be able to figure out the guy I saw. And his dad and bros are doing well where they are too.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/12/17 12:32 PM

Yes Bobby Pazzo,. " little R".
Posted By: sittite

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/12/17 05:36 PM

Serp I can't even imagine the stories u must be able to tell(not saying u would) over a bottle of scotch...
Posted By: Stubbs

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/12/17 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: BobbyPazzo
Originally Posted By: azguy

Something to be said for us knowing so little about ligambi's time at the top. He ran things how they're supposed to be run. Money not headlines as George a. Always said. I ran into someone the other day I'm friends with and he's somebody to say the least. Joey came up and all his shit and that's how ligambi came up and like I said. He carries major respect. This guy dknt know him personally but his father and brothers do. People who are familiar with me and what I usually post on should be able to figure out the guy I saw. And his dad and bros are doing well where they are too.

Ligambi really built that family back up. It's amazing the family is there at all after the Scarfo era and yet they're the most powerful family outside of the five families. It seems like they were a glorified street gang during the nineties under Merlino and weren't too organized or making too much money.

I wonder how Ligambi was able to keep all of the different factions content with his rule. Perhaps they were all so weakened when he took over around 2001 that they realized they needed to put the beef aside and start earning again.

All of the smartest bosses right now keep quiet and we really don't know anything about them: Ligambi, Crea, Cali, Bellomo, etc.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/12/17 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: sittite
Serp I can't even imagine the stories u must be able to tell(not saying u would) over a bottle of scotch...

So you know my weaknesses!!!

Really if I knew that it was going to be such a thing I would have paid more attention.

It sounds so clichรฉ but you are just a regular guy and it's going on around you , and in my family it was just how it was.

In my neighborhood it was just how it was .. it was very normal to know something three day before it came out in the news "really" never gave it second thought .

Other then try to make sure I did not wind up in the joint I never gave it second thought !

I really don't tell the good stuff ... can not .... I really wait to hear it on the street or partially in the news .

I came up with all my relatives either from New York or Philly so AC was a hot bed for these guys to get away and party and for the most part they were lose lipped and there woman even more .

It's not like today , you really could find out or hear what was what other then who pulled the trigger and sometimes that too .... or you just waited to see who got there button!!

I would sit and have a drink with Nick the Blade 5 days a week at the corner bar , he was a fixture when not away ... not that he was a big gangster he was just a neighborhood guy there everyday like the rest of the family.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/23/17 10:30 PM

Well did not take to long , told them to take a walk he will go to trial !!!!

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/23/17 11:28 PM

This happened today???

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/24/17 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: sittite
This happened today???

Could of been yesterday it was reported.

But it was done at Eddie J office when I posted he was on his way there.
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/24/17 03:12 AM

You have to hand it to the guy. For all of his "young Turk" antics, he's a stand up guy.Thanks Serp for all of your posts. It's nice having your insight on these boards when it comes to the Philly stuff.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/24/17 07:51 AM

That's good news for us. We'll get more details of what (allegedly) went down.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/24/17 10:46 AM

Originally Posted By: blueracing347
You have to hand it to the guy. For all of his "young Turk" antics, he's a stand up guy.Thanks Serp for all of your posts. It's nice having your insight on these boards when it comes to the Philly stuff.

Thanks but it's actually 30 year old news for the most part , now days its hear say through family and friends so sometimes it's a hit other times it's wrong , but thanks just the same.

And yes he is !!! And that's rare these days, especially for who he was and still could be.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/24/17 01:48 PM

He has tremendous moxie for his size
Posted By: cheech

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 05/24/17 02:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6trWN_zF04

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/04/17 07:49 PM

I don't believe was in even in New Jersey let alone PA on those days guy hasnt left fl

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/04/17 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: strococs

I don't believe was in even in New Jersey let alone PA on those days guy hasnt left fl

Skinny has not left FL. Bull Shit / Trust me he was just where I said he was and he was going to where I said he was going right along with the food that went !!!

Not only was he there he was out front for 15 minutes or more checking the door till the owner seen or herd him pushing on the door .

I could say more but other people were there and I am not putting there names or what was said out there.

We all know each other and the owner of the business knows Skinny because he was a bouncer at a couple nightclubs in Margate back in the day !!!

I would never say he was there and put my name to it if it did not happen!!!!

Skinny was recognized by a bunch of people there it's a busy wawa at 9:45 am and it's right on Ventnor ave and there were a bunch of mouths to feed that was heading to Eddies office .

You are wrong !!!

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/08/17 06:25 PM

Heard it was a plea of 2 yrs. That he turned down.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/08/17 07:43 PM

I believe last turn down was 11 to 15 months...so much for thus being the massive case it was advertised at.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/08/17 08:37 PM

Heard it was a plea of 2 yrs. That he turned down.

Yeah he is pushing it and may win .

He was here for ten days given the ok from the Feds to take care of the legal problems and hired another attorney along with Eddie that guy he hired is from NY I hear it's in the news.
Posted By: CrazyPhilly

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/09/17 03:16 AM

Apparently in addition to the either 2 yrs or 11/15 mo's they wanted him to turn over about 100k from whats been reported and we all know Joey wouldn't ever agree to that.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/09/17 06:33 PM

Serp..u will probably see him next week

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/09/17 08:31 PM

If they really offerd 1yr something wrong more ljkely this guy rubeo who wore the wire against merlino and got him talking about not paying 6k gambling debt is never getting on the stand and they cant introduce any of his recordings into evidence. So they have no case. He probaly doesnt want 3 years or supervised release they get these guys with and 100k fine.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/09/17 08:34 PM

That guy danny famma case was out right dismissed a few years back after sammy the bull cleared him of the murder. The judge was pissed they indicted him in the first place.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/09/17 08:42 PM

When they indicted famma the daily news had a huge front page headline gottis last hitman or some shit like that and like 3 months later it was dismissed. Merlinos might say the new teflon don or someshit.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/09/17 10:16 PM

Why is he allowed to travel with no restrictions ?

Because if he is off and it is summer he is in Ventnor or Margate no doubt and will be in Johnnys for breakfast with the rest .

I am not a nightclub guy any longer so I don't know where they hang other then Greehouse and Roberts although Roberts has a lot of locals and it may not be his crowd .

And of course the nightclubs on the bay !

The shots of him on the news are for the most part that I have seen have been in Margate on Ventnor ave. right near where his father would say in summer .

Now they do use others houses don't know if it's something planed or just a house sitting type of thing while a family is back in Philly.
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/10/17 07:52 AM

Why is he allowed to travel with no restrictions ?

Because if he is off and it is summer he is in Ventnor or Margate no doubt and will be in Johnnys for breakfast with the rest .

I am not a nightclub guy any longer so I don't know where they hang other then Greehouse and Roberts although Roberts has a lot of locals and it may not be his crowd .

And of course the nightclubs on the bay !

The shots of him on the news are for the most part that I have seen have been in Margate on Ventnor ave. right near where his father would say in summer .

Now they do use others houses don't know if it's something planed or just a house sitting type of thing while a family is back in Philly.

Serp just curious but do u ever See Mikey Lance down in Ventnor/Margate area? I recall seeing Al Lancelloti at Memories with Dom Grande years ago they were both low key until i ran up to them for an autograph and had em sign my man boobs lol jk

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/10/17 12:55 PM

Serp, I believe he still has to get permission from a judge to travel, I'd guess it is for lawyer conferences pertaining to the case, probably even another offer coming...he also has a 7pm restriction regardless of the state he is in, so maybe the greenhouse for some afternoon fun but no memories or nighttime partying

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/10/17 01:26 PM

Serp, I believe he still has to get permission from a judge to travel, I'd guess it is for lawyer conferences pertaining to the case, probably even another offer coming...he also has a 7pm restriction regardless of the state he is in, so maybe the greenhouse for some afternoon fun but no memories or nighttime partying

Thought you had info that something had changed and he could travel freely.

The time I just seen him he was on a 10 day travel pass for just what I said he was here for

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/11/17 02:04 PM

Thought you had info that something had changed and he could travel freely.

The time I just seen him he was on a 10 day travel pass for just what I said he was here for

LMAO this guy has quite the imagination, what ten days was he in jersey for then?

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/11/17 02:15 PM

Look I am not going to play with you on the internet!

You want to know you find out !

I know what I post and he was giving ten days you do the math !

And why do you care if you don't know this shit find out for your self because from what I am told you have nothing to offer just questioning people that do .

Now go find out then open your mouth !

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/11/17 02:58 PM

Look I am not going to play with you on the internet!

You want to know you find out !

I know what I post and he was giving ten days you do the math !

And why do you care if you don't know this shit find out for your self because from what I am told you have nothing to offer just questioning people that do .

Now go find out then open your mouth !

I already have the information He was never in jersey . Because your making up stories

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/11/17 03:40 PM

Stroccs: I am not going to post ever something I say I seen with my own eyes and lie !!!

You don't know how close this whole area is and that we all know each other , I am not in the Midwest posting this stuff .

But you are known to know nothing other then what you read . And you are known to try to do what you are doing here !

And according to others PM'S you do this here and other boards !!

I don't care how many Instagram and Facebook accounts you hack to get your info you are wrong!

The only problem is that not only was I there my family is very very tight with Eddie so you really should just read and find out cos that's all you got !

I am not going to play your internet game !

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/11/17 09:13 PM

Stroccs: I am not going to post ever something I say I seen with my own eyes and lie !!!

You don't know how close this whole area is and that we all know each other , I am not in the Midwest posting this stuff .

But you are known to know nothing other then what you read . And you are known to try to do what you are doing here !

And according to others PM'S you do this here and other boards !!

I don't care how many Instagram and Facebook accounts you hack to get your info you are wrong!

The only problem is that not only was I there my family is very very tight with Eddie so you really should just read and find out cos that's all you got !

I am not going to play your internet game !

Yes I call out horseshit when I see it , it's a simple question what ten days ?

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/11/17 10:25 PM

Who the fuck knows if he stayed ten days ! But if I know Skinny he pushed it ,but I did not say that , I posted what I seen and said.

The airport has sprint has 5-10$ flights 9 minutes from AC . Or you can walk in and get 60$ flights ... happens everyday and every local knows the 5-10 club and not to reserve to walk in to the desk .

He could have been in Fla. at 7:00 am... and back in Fla. at 2:00 pm after the meeting.

But that's up to you if you want that info ...

But I do not post something that I say I know!!!! unless it comes from my eyes of a family member or a close friend.

If I speculate I say it !!!!

Now if you really wanted to know what happened you would have PM me like a man !

But you did not you called me out with nothing! Just childish shit !

Now I am done with this shit cos none of it made any sense from your first post.

Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/11/17 10:51 PM

Serp, you claimed:

When Stroccos asked what ten days he was in Philly for, the period you claimed you saw him, you started getting abusive and defensive.

Without answering the question.

It's suspicious when people can't support their claims and get defensive and finally abusive when their claims are questioned.

I'm not saying you're fictionalizing what happened, but you so far haven't done anything to support your claim.
Why not do so?

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/11/17 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Serp, you claimed:

[quote=Serpiente]The time I just seen him he was on a 10 day travel pass for just what I said he was here for

When Stroccos asked what ten days he was in Philly for, the period you claimed you saw him, you started getting abusive and defensive.

Without answering the question.

It's suspicious when people can't support their claims and get defensive and finally abusive when their claims are questioned.

I'm not saying you're fictionalizing what happened, but you so far haven't done anything to support your claim.
Why not do so?
[/quote

I found out a week or so ago that it was a ten day deal Sonny and if you want to know anything else you can PM me like you have before or like any one else .

I can not post certain stuff you know this !

And if they want to find out more we live on a very small island you cango to the beach in Margate especially the last ten blocks and the first five of Longport spend a little time and you can see for your self .

Better yet go to a few of the ten bars in this area after the beach on Friday Saturday and Sunday and you can find out there .

Sonny you do see his first post and the second , you will get that reaction every time .

Now really I am done , I don't like games !

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/13/17 05:52 PM

Sure looking like the headline of this tread is possibly going to be true .

Really nobody in the mob has more lives the Skinny !

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/13/17 06:21 PM

http://www.phillyvoice.com/skinny-joey-merlino-looks-walk-away-federal-racketeering-charge/
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/13/17 06:58 PM

You watch, this is the turning point. Much like when Gotti won his last case and then strutted around NYC, we'll see Merlino go the same route. Eventually they will hit the lottery.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/13/17 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
You watch, this is the turning point. Much like when Gotti won his last case and then strutted around NYC, we'll see Merlino go the same route. Eventually they will hit the lottery.

100% agree- they will pin the last 5 Philly LCN Murders on him and he will get life just like Gotti

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/13/17 11:05 PM

If they really offerd him 12 months there case must be a flop. Or like i said it all rest on this guy rubeo who probably isnt getting on a stand.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/13/17 11:15 PM

I predict both sides play Chicken with each other until the night before trial is supposed to start. The night before it starts the Federal Prosecutor in Southern District of NY then calls Eddie and they drop charges against Skinny. Skinny even got a New York trial attorney recently as co counsel with Eddie I saw (that's fact). I then predict the FBI puts all their resources in an all out blitz to jam up Skinny like they did to Gotti. They go all out until they finally pin a few of the latest Philly LCN murders on Joey and the case is air tight , whether it takes two years or 15 years. Skinny Joey takes it to trial and gets 5 consecutive life sentences....
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/13/17 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Skinny even got a New York trial attorney recently as co counsel with Eddie I saw (that's fact).

This is true, he has retained John Meringolo.

Also in regards to people doubting Serp, Merlino got permission from a judge to travel a while ago and most recently had an extension on his curfew from 5/14/ to 5/31. I don't see any reason for Serp to lie and it's entirely possible that he's run into Joey as NJ is one of the places he has permission to travel to.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/14/17 01:18 AM

It went down just as I said , the time the date the food order and the reason was the plea .

Skinny had not a worry and the people he was with were acting like a day at the beach .

They took some food with and had thr rest delivered I will not say who was with him but he had some friends.

Nothing to it ! Why it's a big deal is beyond me. He goes to the spot all the time and I am sure that's why he chose it.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/14/17 01:49 AM

The reason the feds would offer 12 months (rare) would be for 2 reasons.
1) they build a new case while he is inside.
2) he gets 12 months and another 12 months on paper with the hopes of catching him spitting on a side walk and he gets violated.
Its obviously a weak case. If the feds dont feel they will get a conviction, tbey should never waste tax payer dollars and go to trial. Its unethical.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/14/17 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia

100% agree- they will pin the last 5 Philly LCN Murders on him and he will get life just like Gotti
if one of them South philly core guys flips its a wrap for him. I dont see it happening but anything is possible and you never know what type of leverage the feds might be capable of having over someone. Nicodemo was probably thier best shot tho and that ship sailed.
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/14/17 02:02 AM

You guys are funnier then the characters on TV, pb can make outrageous claims and no one ever questions him to the extent that your doing to serp...from "bellemo is retired " to "a heavy hitter in the Luke's is a rat", not a peep from you guys...zero has been one of our go to guys for the Philly mob for years and he deserves respect...your just some bottom feeding bootlickers and you disgust me!!!

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/14/17 02:41 AM

That's how this board is. You say you know something or someone and everyone jumps all over you like thats not what they came to read anyway

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/14/17 02:50 AM

Back to the matter at hand, I think its interesting,before when merlino got of the joint the feds said he was trying to put together his own Florida crew, but Philly's associates is never mentioned in the investigation

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/14/17 03:22 AM

It went down just as I said , the time the date the food order and the reason was the plea .

Skinny had not a worry and the people he was with were acting like a day at the beach .

They took some food with and had thr rest delivered I will not say who was with him but he had some friends.

Nothing to it ! Why it's a big deal is beyond me. He goes to the spot all the time and I am sure that's why he chose it.

Well maybe he was there jersey or new york etc at some point. i was wrong there . But i just not buying u met him there but hey thats my opinion.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/14/17 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
Back to the matter at hand, I think its interesting,before when merlino got of the joint the feds said he was trying to put together his own Florida crew, but Philly's associates is never mentioned in the investigation

Merlino is a parasite , he was probably looking for some suckers he can bleed dry. Possibly dealing with Phili would be way to much heat . Does his sugar daddy stan stein front his legal bills?

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/14/17 11:21 AM

Well maybe he was there jersey or new york etc at some point. i was wrong there . But i just not buying u met him there but hey thats my opinion.

Really ! All this came from your opinion ?

Look there are tons of guys here that know where I am talking about and I am sure one or more will go in there and bring this up with the owner cos there is only one.

Then the other half of you opinion will be like the rest , no good!

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/14/17 11:39 AM

.your just some bottom feeding bootlickers and you disgust me!!!

Awwwww.

Hug?

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/14/17 08:04 PM

Who is Zero?

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/14/17 09:48 PM

You guys are funnier then the characters on TV, pb can make outrageous claims and no one ever questions him to the extent that your doing to serp...from "bellemo is retired " to "a heavy hitter in the Luke's is a rat", not a peep from you guys...zero has been one of our go to guys for the Philly mob for years and he deserves respect...your just some bottom feeding bootlickers and you disgust me!!!

When has PB ever made "outrageous claims". I've never been one to doubt Serp, he knows that, but I know for a fact Stroccos isnt the only one who thinks he's a BS'er. I'm not among this camp, but I know he's not the only one and Stroccos doubt didnt just come out of nowhere. But as far as PB goes, majority of his claims have been backed up. Not everyone is perfect as you may think you are, even the most educated mob reporters has been proven wrong more than once.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/14/17 10:10 PM

Sinatra this is real easy , I don't post out of news papers , I don't post out of books I don't post out of FaceBook or Instagram .

I post from here say from friends and or family and sometimes acquaintances .So some things may come not to be right , but trust me if I post I seen it , I seen it !!!

There have been many of posters here past and present that have gone to these places and befriended bartenders and others and have double checked many of things and many are here now .

There is so much I never say because of the questions I would have to answer to prove or just to be able for it to be told in full , so I would say 50% never gets mentioned . Then there is 10% that others know via text phone or PM .

I am in my mid to late 60's I grew up in a different time on a street and town flush with OC it's name is Georgia ave .

People that come here are most likely 20-30 year olds so all this what I am saying is like totally different from there life.

OC people interact with other OC people I have never been in a family or a associate only family and friends and neighborhood .

There is more to it with my family but I never go into it and never will , but it's very simple where and when I grew up to be around these people (not so much now) I would say that in the 70's half the people I knew were in and half were out .

So for others to see what I post coming from a small town or even the suburbs now days it's a different world !!!

Anyone like you mentioned and others PB and others that grew up in NY or any other hot bed in the 50's-60''s etc. understand what it's like .

I don't have a magazine or a newspaper or other to show when I post that's why it is what it is .

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/15/17 01:36 AM

Pb actually admitted to giving wrong information to protect his friends...so pb is not perfect but serp has to be???
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/15/17 02:08 AM

If you guys don't wanna believe Serp then don't believe him and keep it moving. All this comparing him to PB is stupid, people will believe whatever they want, no point in arguing about the shit.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/15/17 02:13 AM

But I thier arguing with serp...hahahaa gotta love hypocrisy

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/15/17 08:02 AM

Whose arguing with Serp, and who said anyone had to be perfect? You clearly had trouble interpreting my post. Giving wrong info is just that, giving wrong info, not "outrageous claims". The hate some of you show PB on this forum is really uncalled for. This was about Serp, yet you brought up PB, because?? Anywho, Serp knows I dont doubt him, considering some of the discussions we've had on this very forum in the past.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/15/17 10:49 AM

Let it lay ! Don't mean nothing !!

There are only three of us left that grew up around these guys and that's Bronx and PB and myself from what I can tell.

The others have stopped posting because of this same shit !

And yes we get it wrong because we are posting from what we hear or we have to change the truth somewhat so it does not come back on us.

Then there are the guys that know what there are talking about and they are the ones that stand up for guys that they know are in the know. And these are great posters cos they know both worlds.

Then you have the others that just love to cause problems amongst us all , and they are the ones that start the shit .

But this only goes on here , in real life those people would have never made half way down my block.

You just have to read there posts and see how many they have attacked Right or wrong that's who they are , but they can only do it here !

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/15/17 01:08 PM

This post is back peddling faster than Michael Jackson could moonwalk!

Serp ...1
Strococs...0
Posted By: gram6814

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/15/17 03:48 PM

Serp don't listen to these jerk offs. Thanks for everything brother I get you're in a bad spot on what you can divulge and what you cant and we're all fortunate that you share what you can with us. Who gives a fuck if they don't believe you? Shows you what they know (which is less than nothing.)

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/15/17 03:59 PM

Let it lay ! Don't mean nothing !!

There are only three of us left that grew up around these guys and that's Bronx and PB and myself from what I can tell.

The others have stopped posting because of this same shit !

And yes we get it wrong because we are posting from what we hear or we have to change the truth somewhat so it does not come back on us.

Then there are the guys that know what there are talking about and they are the ones that stand up for guys that they know are in the know. And these are great posters cos they know both worlds.

Then you have the others that just love to cause problems amongst us all , and they are the ones that start the shit .

But this only goes on here , in real life those people would have never made half way down my block.

You just have to read there posts and see how many they have attacked Right or wrong that's who they are , but they can only do it here !

Lmao you sound as soft as philidelphia cream cheese.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/15/17 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: gram6814
Serp don't listen to these jerk offs. Thanks for everything brother I get you're in a bad spot on what you can divulge and what you cant and we're all fortunate that you share what you can with us. Who gives a fuck if they don't believe you? Shows you what they know (which is less than nothing.)

Yeah!
Posted By: SC

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/15/17 05:02 PM

SinatraClub was given the summer off from here for his continued flaming.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/15/17 05:17 PM

Any way my prediction is A merlino hung jury, he only needs one person to feel he got fucked over .

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/15/17 07:40 PM

I think merlino don't go to trial, I believe the government rather cut him loose and build a stronger case than to get embarrassed by him

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/15/17 10:25 PM

I think merlino don't go to trial, I believe the government rather cut him loose and build a stronger case than to get embarrassed by him

That is also A Possibly , but they can kinda control him if they go to trial and cost him moneyand keep him on restriction .

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/15/17 11:02 PM

Serp is 100% legit, trust me guys. Serp and I know a few of the same people is all I'm going to say......

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/16/17 02:38 AM

I am skeptical about everyone, and his posting style is a bit strange but I gotta admit he has said a few things about people that the average clown cant just know without really knowing some one. I know about like 2 or 3 people who may or may not be connected but the things he says are accurate

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/16/17 01:00 PM

Thanks all "

But it's looks like the luckiest boss ever is going to walk !

How does this guy do it ! The guy was shot a couple times , put in the joint for a decade or more .

Comes out still has the seat , gets popped again and the case falls apart around him .

The other bosses could not catch a break , let alone do this multiple times .

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/16/17 02:09 PM

Merlino should be considered among the greats:
1.he makes a play for power and takes out the boss son
2.NYC puts a boss in that helped kill Bruno and merlino says hell no! Takes him to war too
3.NYC summons him to NYC and he says fuck you come to Philly
4.he go's away for 10+ years and still maintains control
5.he goes to Florida and plants a Philly flag against other mobsters wishes
6.they said he will be killed if he goes back to Philly and he goes back anytime he wants
7.he made peace with narducci and bought him in line
8.mediated the borgesi situation and resolved it
9.did a great job reincorporating the scarfo guys
10.he talked the bonnano's out of killing someone

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/16/17 02:20 PM

^^^^^so true you have to give it to him^^^^

But the guy he has to thank is Philip Leonetti because if he does not flip Manna and the Chin get behind Nick and the Westside crushes Philly .

No doubt about it , his luck would have never got him out of that . Phil cut any chance .

Really wild when you think about how it all went down, and Phil never knowledges that he was the straw!!!

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/16/17 02:52 PM

When did merlino talk the bonanno's out of killing someone? Who was it?

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/16/17 03:03 PM

It's in an article someone posted in this thread, the life he saved turned out to be the snitch in this casel

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/16/17 03:06 PM

It's in an article someone posted in this thread, the life he saved turned out to be the snitch in this casel

Probably how he is getting off in the case !

This guy has luck !
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/17/17 04:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Aces
When did merlino talk the bonanno's out of killing someone? Who was it?

John Rubio, he's the guy who wore the wire and introduced the undercover FBI agent to everyone.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/17/17 07:20 PM

Sinatra getting a " suspension "I don't get it !

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/20/17 12:29 PM

http://nypost.com/2017/06/19/accused-mobster-skinny-joey-wants-trial-moved-to-philly/

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/20/17 01:29 PM

Mayoface reporting on twitter that all Rubeo tapes are missing

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/20/17 02:37 PM

^^^^^^ Love it ^^^^^^

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/20/17 04:02 PM

Wonder why hes trying to move it to philly. Id rather be a small fish in a big pond up there then the biggest fish in the pond in philly. That dick martin pharma bros trial starts next monday he'll get alot more press then if merlino was going to trial. Maybe it costs to much for the lawyers to have to stay in hotels in nyc and the travel costs. I wonder if the genovese bosses kicked him some money cause there guy got him jammed up.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/20/17 06:21 PM

Rubeo's life isn't gonna be worth an ice coffee after this gets done.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/20/17 07:00 PM

Wonder why hes trying to move it to philly. Id rather be a small fish in a big pond up there then the biggest fish in the pond in philly. That dick martin pharma bros trial starts next monday he'll get alot more press then if merlino was going to trial. Maybe it costs to much for the lawyers to have to stay in hotels in nyc and the travel costs. I wonder if the genovese bosses kicked him some money cause there guy got him jammed up.

Merlino either gets free legal fees or someone else is foooting the bill. Why not be in your home town ? You only need one juror to walk !! I like it , if the Feds are using dog shiit evidence , I think more coverage is good

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/20/17 07:40 PM

It looks like hes ready to have this case dismissd in nyc. The fbi agents are in trouble and probaly getting there own lawyers or getting fired why move to philly were you got 12 yrs last time even thou you beat most of the charges. Like i said martin pharma bro skreli starts in a week merlino wouldnt even get a mention. He goes to philly maybe theres a hot shot d.a. trying to make the big league and goes all in after him. It must be his lawyers strategy to drag this shit out. Cause from what i read the gambling operation merlino was geting a cutt of was in the bronx so its there jurisdiction it will never get sent down to philly. Why would they want the case. Idk makes no sense.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 06/21/17 09:25 PM

All this evidence just disappearing off a CW personal phone or recording deviceis real strange.
One being the CW needs that info to get a better deal in Fed land and another thing that is strange is the CW having all this control over the evidence for the entire case .

Am I wrong here but everything I know about this that the CW does not have control of the evidence but in small portions .

Each week or each meeting the Feds would have gathered the evidence from the recording device or telephone or other .

Just very very strange for there entire case evidence to be left in one persons hands let alone a CW !

Looking like the Feds are playing and may get caught up in something here.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/11/17 02:41 AM

He was back in Margate this weekend, enjoying the Greenhouse.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/11/17 08:10 PM

Not just there .

Definitely not worried being seen in public or with associates from the area.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/12/17 11:12 AM

You guyses are like paparazzi or something.

Should work for TMZ.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/12/17 04:04 PM

When you allways tune in tho what does that make you moe? Lol

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/12/17 04:16 PM

Just Heard Joe Bongiovanni past away this week.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/12/17 11:17 PM

Does anyone knows the current status of sonny valentines and dean heiser

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/12/17 11:18 PM

Valenti
Posted By: mike68

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/13/17 04:58 PM

Just Heard Joe Bongiovanni past away this week.

http://gangsterreport.com/not-your-avera...ey-bongiovanni/

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/13/17 11:59 PM

Cliff notes on capecis column today. Merlinos trial got bumed from september to january next yr. The last of the westside guys are ready to cop out. And the westside people hooked the fucking fbi agent up with a 1000 dollar aweek no show job in the contruction field. He must have had to kick back all the money to the capo or a soldier. How could the smartest family who im sure has people around broke and they got a agent a no show job 4 grand amonth to do nothing. Crazy. It did say you couldnt have a record. If a agent who drives for a capo is getting 4k a month that boss barney or whoever swims in gold like ducktales.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/14/17 11:13 AM

Does anyone knows the current status of sonny valentines and dean heiser

Sonny Valenti does construction and rehab in South Philly like a lot of those other guys do. He's more into development as opposed to single home rehab though. Dean Heiser was a K&A guy that was friends with a lot of the Scarfo guys. He was actually sitting with Salvie on the corner of 9th & Christian when he was shot by the Riccobene guys. Would be interested to hear anything sround him as I didn't know he was still active let alone around if that's what you're implying.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/14/17 02:43 PM

Saw this article in the Philadelphia Inquirer this morning about Ralph Natale's daughter apparently "strong arming a judge" down in Washington DC supposedly over some labor dispute. Article link below:

http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/...y-20170714.html

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/14/17 11:53 PM

@PHL_Mob, I was just wondering if Philly has "sleeper mobsters", the guys that I mentioned was with merlino during the wars and I was w
Wondering if they were among them

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/15/17 01:32 AM

He must have a great case why look at trial instead of taking 1 yr even with the 100k fine i think no ones pays it anyway it goes to creditors unless they can take whatever propertys in your name. Doesnt mike franzese owe like 1million.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/15/17 01:34 AM

Hed probaly have to pay lawyers over 100k for trial id guess they wouldnt do him pro bono or for attention hmmmmmm. Maybe hes not guilty idk.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/15/17 06:30 AM

The tapes are the only evidence against him. It's not like he was the one that actually carried out the crimes. If those tapes are inadmissible, the case relies on an informant who is currently being investigated along with 3 FBI agents for improper procedures during the case. Credibility is everything to a jury and these guys have none. Merlino made a couple million from the healthcare fraud scheme, so a $100K in lawyer fees is worth it.

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/15/17 06:29 PM

Merlino is going to trial because if he takes a plea for even a year, he will be on paper when he gets out. He doesnt want to get violated.
I am also betting both he and his lawyers know the case is extremely weak and they feel there is a good chance the prosecutor may drop his case just before trial.
The prosecutor is hoping they take a plea rather than waste all that money on a trial with no hope of a conviction. I wont be shocked if they offer Merlino 5 minutes in prison just to get a conviction.
The feds should not be playing games like this. They have no case, move the fuck on.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Merlino gonna walk? - 07/15/17 07:40 PM

Cliff notes on capecis column today. Merlinos trial got bumed from september to january next yr. The last of the westside guys are ready to cop out. And the westside people hooked the fucking fbi agent up with a 1000 dollar aweek no show job in the contruction field. He must have had to kick back all the money to the capo or a soldier. How could the smartest family who im sure has people around broke and they got a agent a no show job 4 grand amonth to do nothing. Crazy. It did say you couldnt have a record. If a agent who drives for a capo is getting 4k a month that boss barney or whoever swims in gold like ducktales.

It was 4400 bi-weekly. Meaning $8800 a month.. a yes I'm sure the boss of the Country's largest and most powerful Cosa Nostra family swims in gold..if he wanted too
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET