Home

Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob

Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 01/30/17 05:23 PM

The other day, I read about Frank Sinatra putting out a hit on Howard Stern after Stern criticized his family members. One person claimed that a man who resembled Stern was in fact murdered accidentally in a case of mistaken identity.

This reminded me of the time James Caan supposedly used his contacts in the mafia to rough up Joe Pesci.

Are there any other cases of celebrities using mob connections to settle scores?
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 01/31/17 10:53 AM

I read that Joe diMaggio after Marylin dead wanted kennedy dead because thinked that was responsable for his death and asked his friend to kill jfk.

Tony Renis an italian singer wanted a part in the godfather movie and tried to get lost time and the opportunity vanished.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/01/17 05:37 AM

I'm sure u know about Lana Turner & Johnny Stompanato..
Posted By: helenwheels

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/01/17 01:24 PM

Wallace Beery, Cubby Broccoli, Pat DeCicco and the alleged beating murder of Ted Healy -who created the Three Stooges- is a good story.

DeCicco had once been married to Thelma Todd whose death is considered mysterious. Later on he was married to Gloria Vanderbilt.

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/01/17 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: hoodlum

Hoodlum do you think is true the story that say that Lana shoot johnny but let the daughter take the blame because was under age ?

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/01/17 02:16 PM

The soccer player Maradona in the shell-shaped bathtub with the Giuliano clan men at Forcella in the late 1980s.
Posted By: strococs

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/01/17 04:43 PM

rocky marciano
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/02/17 12:57 AM

rocky Marciano???? what's the story there?
Posted By: downtown

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/02/17 07:56 AM

Steve NcQueen and Chin were friends, Steve was a couple years younger then Vince but went to the same school in NYC (PS #3)on Hudson street in Greenwich Village.
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/02/17 05:05 PM

Gotti sending Joe Watts to threaten Sinatra and Jilly

Sam Giancana being friends with Sinatra

Clinton & Chris Tucker
Posted By: night_timer

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/02/17 06:14 PM

I don't know if JFK's father Joe Kennedy (a bootlegger) was 'celebrity' material, but he had plenty of Mob connections.

James Caan was a New Yorker and wanted to be a mobster, but I very much doubt he is of Italian descent. I never really knew what to make of Caan to be honest.

Elvis Presley took out a hit on karate instructor Mike Stone when Stone hooked up with Priscilla Presley after her split from Elvis.

Presley had an entourage of minders and bodyguards (and freeloaders) called 'The Memphis Mafia', but their rough treatment of fans was causing law suits. Red West was one of the key Memphis Mafia members and he was the one who made plans for the Mike Stone hit until Elvis backed away from the idea.

Interestingly, in 1976 James Caan married Sheila Ryan, an ex-girlfriend of Elvis, but the marriage only lasted a year.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/02/17 06:46 PM

hello Tony it was at st. regis hotel with sinatra

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/02/17 07:45 PM

James Caan for look like a mobster for the Godfather movie began attending the mobster's hangouts and he was almost arrested during a raid. But anyway he had success in the role and now everybody think he is italian.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/02/17 08:51 PM

Love that scene in The Sopranos when Silvio finds out James Caan isn't Italian lol

If i remember correctly, PizzaBoy posted on here a while back that Joe Pesci was actually on record with Joe Dente, the Genovese family captain. So I doubt Caan was successful in having him roughed up.

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/04/17 12:59 PM

Any excuse to bring up that time when Steven Seagal was extorted by the mob.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/13/nyregion/a-mafia-case-and-a-scene-straight-out-of-hollywood.html
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/04/17 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

They say he was good friends with Sonny Franzese.

EDIT: I looked it up again and I confused Rocky Marciano with Rocky Graziano. These Rockys are all mobbed up it seems, even Balboa was 'breaking' thumbs for that 'no good loanshark' lol

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/04/17 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

Hoodlum do you think is true the story that say that Lana shoot johnny but let the daughter take the blame because was under age ?
I dont know furio,i thought the daughter stabbed Johnny..

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/04/17 07:43 PM

When Adrienne Barbeau 1rst started out ,she lived in the village & was a go-go dancer 4 one of Matty the horse's joints,u remember when the chicks used 2 dance in the cages? 1 of them..
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/04/17 08:12 PM

When Adrienne Barbeau 1rst started out ,she lived in the village & was a go-go dancer 4 one of Matty the horse's joints,u remember when the chicks used 2 dance in the cages? 1 of them..
she was a fine piece. I'm in my early forties. I think the first time I saw her must of been in that escape from new york movie. Sexy woman.

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/04/17 08:34 PM

71 years old and I still want her to breastfeed me.

Posted By: strococs

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/05/17 12:09 PM

he used the mob to collect some of his debts
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/05/17 02:40 PM

Elizabeth Hurley and Colombo member Donnie shacks montemarano are friends

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/09/17 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
71 years old and I still want her to breastfeed me.

Moe, r u serious ,I know she's fine @ now..but if u still feel that way,just google her name w/the word hot behind the name & erase the filter & make love 2 her @ the amazing pics she did while posing as a playboy model nude..this way u cant b accused of a old hen bagger..she was only in her early 20s when she did these shoots..when I was a kid ,she created many a stalagmites on my bedroom ceiling.!

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/09/17 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

They say he was good friends with Sonny Franzese.

EDIT: I looked it up again and I confused Rocky Marciano with Rocky Graziano. These Rockys are all mobbed up it seems, even Balboa was 'breaking' thumbs for that 'no good loanshark' lol

billy, when graziano fought in the forties, the mob controlled all the boxing, you either went along with them or you didn't fight.
Posted By: FriendoftheFamily

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/10/17 04:11 PM

Frank Sinatra having Shecky Greene beat up

BTW that reminds me I will have to give a call to Shecky when I am in Vegas in March to see if we can get together.
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/11/17 04:23 PM

James Caan's son, Scott. His Godfather is Anthony "Mush" Russo. Segal wouldn't of been a actor if it wasn't for the mob. Mickey Rourke was close to the Gambinos. Especially the Gotti's. Tony Danza close with the Genovese Family.

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/11/17 05:38 PM

http://www.ranker.com/list/celebrities-with-alleged-ties-to-the-mafia/josh-heller

Jerry Orbach knows who killed Joe Gallo and yet refused to tell police. Why then didn't the police force him to tell them who the culprit was?

If I withheld evidence relating to a murder, I'm pretty sure I would be thrown into prison.
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/11/17 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
http://www.ranker.com/list/celebrities-with-alleged-ties-to-the-mafia/josh-heller

Jerry Orbach knows who killed Joe Gallo and yet refused to tell police. Why then didn't the police force him to tell them who the culprit was?

If I withheld evidence relating to a murder, I'm pretty sure I would be thrown into prison.

I plead the fizith!.....Anything you say Fifth!......2-3 years max
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/14/17 04:59 PM

Would y'all count frankie valli and his relationship with gyp decarlo?
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/15/17 03:02 AM

Robert Duvall was at one of gottis trials to show support.

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/16/17 05:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
Would y'all count frankie valli and his relationship with gyp decarlo?

yeah jimmy, valli grew up in Newark, and when he got successful, gyp decarlo called all the shots, movie jersey boys. same thing with joey dee and the starlighters, vic damone [vito farinola] said once in an interview that he only saw 20% of all his earning.he was from Brooklyn, but he never nentioned names.
Posted By: salvi62

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/16/17 10:57 AM

James Caan's first cousin Harriet was married to my cousin Tommy.

The marriage lasted around five years, and my cousin said that James had it arranged for them to spend their honeymoon at the playboy mansion.

He said that the few times he was around James he was nice enough but is a JewBoy who would give his testicles to be Italian.

Am I the ONLY one who thinks he WAY over acted as Sonny with all his "Bada Bing" shit and biting his hand? Its a good thing they killed him off pretty early in the movie or it might not have been as good.

There are very few non Italians that can pull off a REAL italian without making it look fake. As much as I like Mickey Rourke did he have to move his hands EVERY fucking time he spoke to Eric Roberts. Watch the movie (I've seen it at least a dozen times) Every time Mickey speaks he put his fingers together the way medigans do when they imitate us, he just way over does it.

I'll tell you one actor who can really play an italian and thats David Proval. He was fantastic on the Sopranos. Very understated, but right on the money.

Sal

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 03/01/17 01:36 AM

Joan Rivers rubbed many a made man's shoulders..& I'm sure we all know about Tony Mirra W/Vanessa Del Rio,as well as Margot Kidder & another major star who shall remain nameless ..(u fella's probably know who i'm talking about)..

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 03/01/17 01:43 AM

Joan Rivers rubbed many a made man's shoulders..& I'm sure we all know about Tony Mirra W/Vanessa Del Rio,as well as Margot Kidder & another major star who shall remain nameless ..(u fella's probably know who i'm talking about)..
&..I almost forgot,Geena Davis babysat the child of Nino Gaggi's nephew..whats that dudes name who is now a painter/storyteller about the demeo crew??my mind drew a blank ,although i like his stories ,they might b questionable...
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 03/01/17 02:50 AM

&..I almost forgot,Geena Davis babysat the child of Nino Gaggi's nephew..whats that dudes name who is now a painter/storyteller about the demeo crew??my mind drew a blank ,although i like his stories ,they might b questionable...

Dominic montiglio?
Posted By: night_timer

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 03/01/17 10:35 AM

Tony Mirra dated Goldie Hawn when she was a young heroin addict.

Steve Seagal was friends with the mysterious Robert Booth Nichols (http://ppia.wikia.com/wiki/Robert_Booth_Nichols) who played a small role (and acted as a military adviser) in Seagull's 1992 action movie 'Under Siege'.

I think Robert Booth Nichols was also mixed up somehow in the suspicious 'suicide' of investigative journalist Danny Casolaro, who was delving into a crime syndicate he called 'The Octopus' when he was found dead.

That case is a big can of worms and has never gotten anywhere near being solved.

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 03/01/17 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: FriendoftheFamily

Frank Sinatra having Shecky Greene beat up

BTW that reminds me I will have to give a call to Shecky when I am in Vegas in March to see if we can get together.

friend... just finished the book "Sinatra" by Kaplan, shecky was a tough old bird, he busted joe fishetis face up, and Sinatra, and fishetti both came to shecky and told him not to tell giancana what happened. giancana called shecky, and was pissed at Sinatra, told shecky if you want him beat up, go see "Milwaukee phil" he's in vegas, shecky let it go, but never again trusted Sinatra, shecky knew some people in Chicago and they liked him, Sinatra was always thought of as a wannbe little "punk
ass"

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 03/02/17 04:42 AM

Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211

Dominic montiglio?
Exactly my friend!

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 03/02/17 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: night_timer
Tony Mirra dated Goldie Hawn when she was a young heroin addict.

Steve Seagal was friends with the mysterious Robert Booth Nichols (http://ppia.wikia.com/wiki/Robert_Booth_Nichols) who played a small role (and acted as a military adviser) in Seagull's 1992 action movie 'Under Siege'.

I think Robert Booth Nichols was also mixed up somehow in the suspicious 'suicide' of investigative journalist Danny Casolaro, who was delving into a crime syndicate he called 'The Octopus' when he was found dead.

That case is a big can of worms and has never gotten anywhere near being solved.
"Goldie Hawn"..yes..& tony mirra claims she took it up the u know where..

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 03/03/17 02:45 AM

hoodlum, have you ever seen the pictures of goldie when she was young? she was very thin and all nose, she had a lot of work done to her, when she first came to Hollywood, especially her nose.

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 03/05/17 03:46 AM

hoodlum, have you ever seen the pictures of goldie when she was young? she was very thin and all nose, she had a lot of work done to her, when she first came to Hollywood, especially her nose.
As a matter of fact yes ,ur right now that i think of it.

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 03/05/17 09:26 PM

Don't know where else to put this so I'll just put it here.

Anthony "Little Pussy" Russo was the next door neighbor of Bruce Springsteen's wife, Patti Scialfa, when she was growing up in Deal.

Russo supposedly pulled some strings to get the Scialfa family that house as he wanted Sicilians for neighbors (Scialfa's father was Sicilian but apparently had no mob connections).

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 03/05/17 10:39 PM

James Caan is dying to be a "real" Italian.

Like I said before I thought he way over played the Italian mannerisms in the Godfather and any other movie where he plays an Italian.

I live in a heavily populated Jewish area. I'm not saying all, but many of my Jewish co workers from NY try as hard as they can to act Italian.

Here is a good example.....I mentioned in an earlier post that my Cousin was married to Harriet Caan, James Caan's first cousin I believe. My Cousin was no big deal, just an average guy. He started out as a fireman in New Rochelle, them moved to Fl and became a finish carpenter.

About as close as he ever got to the mob was when he was president of the South Florida chapter of the Italian American anti defeamtion league (Joe Colombo's thing) LOL.

He married Harriet Caan and they divorced after about five or six years. 15 years after that he passed away from cancer. My mother just happen to run into Harriet and She was still going by "Harriet Lucio".

Over 20 years later, and she LOVED having that Italian last name, even though her maiden name is a famous one....

She was actually very nice and bore a striking resemblance to James Caan

Sal

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 03/05/17 11:21 PM

Quote:
My Cousin was no big deal, just an average guy. He started out as a fireman in New Rochelle, them moved to Fl and became a finish carpenter.

Did your cousin know Frederick Cowan?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/rochelle-sniper-kills-1977-article-1.2973348

His brother was a fireman.

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 03/06/17 01:25 AM

He may very well have. But my Dear Cousin passed away close to 20 years ago, so their is nobody to ask.

Its a good thing this Cowan guy didn't see my cuz on the day of his rampage. My cuz could have easily been taken for a pure Arab.

He had all the features......the nose, very dark skin. and shaving used to really bother his skin so he always kept what he though looked like a "beard". To me it just looked like he hadn't shaved in a while. All he needed was the headgear.

Sal
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/10/23 11:24 PM

Caan was on another level, but people often forget that De Niro has had his share of connections as well. One of his friends is a major player currently with the West Side. He often paled around with Anthony Corozzo and Blaise, and he knew Anthony "Fat Andy" Ruggiano since the days of Mean Streets. I know he was close to many of the West Side players from Greenwich Village and Little Italy because that's where he grew up. He knew Chin, Quiet Dom, all of those guys. They knew him as Bobby Irish

With Genovese soldier Ronnie Nistico
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/11/23 02:44 AM

Bobby was always interested in boxers and mobsters, that had everything to do with his intensive training as a Method acting actor in the 1960s. Method acting is not just pretending, but feeling and understanding a role deep down.
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: Celebrities Rubbing Shoulders with the Mob - 02/12/23 12:51 AM

Method acting is one thing, but growing up with those guys is another. When De Niro was a teenager, him and his friends would observe Vito Genovese strolling down the street. I don't care who you are, but that leaves an impression on you
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET