Home

Frank Cali

Posted By: azguy

Frank Cali - 01/24/17 12:39 PM

I've been thinking, he's had a pretty good run, he's made his way up the ladder and hardly spent any time in jail. From what I could tell, maybe a year to 18 months in 2008 and 2009 and that's about it. It also doesn't appear that law enforcement is up his butt.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Frank Cali - 01/24/17 03:18 PM

Its interesting to see if he can be the next biggest boss after "the chin" and gotti.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Frank Cali - 01/24/17 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: azguy
I've been thinking, he's had a pretty good run, he's made his way up the ladder and hardly spent any time in jail. From what I could tell, maybe a year to 18 months in 2008 and 2009 and that's about it. It also doesn't appear that law enforcement is up his butt.

They will be all over him, he's just clearly a smart/lowkey guy

Re: Frank Cali - 01/24/17 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Originally Posted By: azguy

They will be all over him, he's just clearly a smart/lowkey guy

The question is if he will be able to run the gambinos the right and the smart way as the way he handle his crew as capo, and as serving as an underboss.
Posted By: ChrissyScars

Re: Frank Cali - 01/24/17 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: MeyerLansky
Its interesting to see if he can be the next biggest boss after "the chin" and gotti.

Does Bellomo have a chance for that title too? Seems like he is highly respected with a lot of power right now.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Frank Cali - 01/24/17 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: ChrissyScars

Does Bellomo have a chance for that title too? Seems like he is highly respected with a lot of power right now.

Barney Bellomo is the top mobster in America right now...

Re: Frank Cali - 01/24/17 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi
Originally Posted By: ChrissyScars

Barney Bellomo is the top mobster in America right now...

What about cali ? You have to agree that cali is big too...
Not to mention that he have great connections in italy
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Frank Cali - 01/24/17 04:39 PM

There's not even enough known about Frank Cali to call him the top mobster in America.

Re: Frank Cali - 01/24/17 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
There's not even enough known about Frank Cali to call him the top mobster in America.

I think he will be
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: Frank Cali - 01/24/17 06:05 PM

Bellomo's got his legitimate businesses, he's low key and evaded being known as Boss for a very long time he's gonna make us believe there is no more Mafia one day
Posted By: pmac

Re: Frank Cali - 01/24/17 06:06 PM

The guy barney was made 20 before him and since chin was a violent guy personally killing guys or shooting i think he would have made barney do the same to tap him as acting boss in 1990 before cali was made. And just from reading seems theres no histroy of violence with him or hed be in jail lot more. I think theres plenty of other mobster in his own family alot stronger. In bk you have the whole persico clan who probaly dont see him as there equal. All guesses.
Posted By: Marcow

Re: Frank Cali - 01/24/17 06:23 PM

I think Cali is more Powerful than Bellomo, he has many contacts to italy and sicily, many Drug contacts the big business in the mafia and OC world.

I think also the Gambino Mafia Family (not gotti and his guys... guys like thommy gambino and other old shool gambinos in the business) is more powerful than the Genovese. More Drugs, more legitime. The Genovese maybe in america big but thats all. Maybe not even in america

The Genovese grossly overestimated.

And Low key also no argument for me, bellomo lives in a mansion thats not low key.

Someone of you have see the house of bellomo?

Regards

Posted By: ChrissyScars

Re: Frank Cali - 01/24/17 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Marcow
I think Cali is more Powerful than Bellomo, he has many contacts to italy and sicily, many Drug contacts the big business in the mafia and OC world.

I think also the Gambino Mafia Family (not gotti and his guys... guys like thommy gambino and other old shool gambinos in the business) is more powerful than the Genovese. More Drugs, more legitime. The Genovese maybe in america big but thats all. Maybe not even in america

The Genovese grossly overestimated.

And Low key also no argument for me, bellomo lives in a mansion thats not low key.

Someone of you have see the house of bellomo?

Regards

I have not. Photo? Bellomo might be able to pull off the mansion without as much attention because of all of his legit businesses like the real estate. Just a thought.

Re: Frank Cali - 01/25/17 01:26 AM

I think theres no chance hes even boss. So were thinking all the original cherry hill gambinos corrozos even marino dont want the yop spot and are gonna answer to a young man who was made in the late 90tys. I read 1996 somewhere just hard to believe. And no boss of the other familys crea barney andy russo give a fuck about international drug contacts they want the union and dumps and gambling millions that arnt nearly that bad when the shit goes bad.

Re: Frank Cali - 01/25/17 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
I think theres no chance hes even boss. So were thinking all the original cherry hill gambinos corrozos even marino dont want the yop spot and are gonna answer to a young man who was made in the late 90tys. I read 1996 somewhere just hard to believe. And no boss of the other familys crea barney andy russo give a fuck about international drug contacts they want the union and dumps and gambling millions that arnt nearly that bad when the shit goes bad.

You have no idea how he's perceived by powerful members of the Gambino family, he wouldn't be underboss/acting boss if nobody thought anything of him. Lorenzo Maninno was made in 2004/5 when he got out of prison, yet he is captain of 18th ave, the power base of the family and some think he is consigliere, doesn't matter when a person was made, even then Cali has been made 20 fucking years, not like he just got his button. Cefalu got his button in the early 90;s, yet he was boss, matty Madonna was made a year before Cali, need i go on?

Bellomo was in his 30's when he became acting boss, yet older, powerful captains still answered to him.

I think John Gambino is boss, but that's just pure speculation.

Re: Frank Cali - 01/25/17 04:33 PM

Yaeh ya rite about the age and the guy has been made for over 20yrs sometimes i forget the 90tys were so long ago. Think in my head is a new way of my thinking pre 9/11 or after. But that shit about international drug contacts means shit to guys like barney who at one time ran the javitts center and crea and them building sky scrapers. Or just skimming money from all there semi legit rackets like dump routes and fees. Theres probaly a 21 yr old kid from dominican republic in a sec 8 apArtment in washington heights moving more kilos of coke then a guy in the gambino family or hes thr one selling it to them. Its there game n racket. But i wkuld bet the gottis except for jr whose shelved have some type of power theres atleast 6 or more of them made never mind there cousins and best friends. Why aould all the old timers surport cali? Ya i also think john gambinl or celfuo the boss. Just a guess

Re: Frank Cali - 01/25/17 05:36 PM

Yaeh ya rite about the age and the guy has been made for over 20yrs sometimes i forget the 90tys were so long ago. Think in my head is a new way of my thinking pre 9/11 or after. But that shit about international drug contacts means shit to guys like barney who at one time ran the javitts center and crea and them building sky scrapers. Or just skimming money from all there semi legit rackets like dump routes and fees. Theres probaly a 21 yr old kid from dominican republic in a sec 8 apArtment in washington heights moving more kilos of coke then a guy in the gambino family or hes thr one selling it to them. Its there game n racket. But i wkuld bet the gottis except for jr whose shelved have some type of power theres atleast 6 or more of them made never mind there cousins and best friends. Why aould all the old timers surport cali? Ya i also think john gambinl or celfuo the boss. Just a guess

Why would they support Cefalu? He didnt come from a strong crew, he ran Patys Conte's old crew which had a couple of old time zips.See where I'm going with this? Cali ran 18th ave, the power base of the family for years. Who knows how any of these people are thought of in the family. The Gotti's have no power, only one worth anything in that family is Gene and he's going to have to answer to Cesare Gurino by the sounds of things lol

Re: Frank Cali - 01/25/17 05:47 PM

Look what the drug dealing has down to the rizzuto crew or family they all been slaughtered theres nothing left to go on. I read somewhere chin called massino in the 80tys to his triangle club and massino tried to go in with george s . They wouldnt even let him in the club cause of his drugs dealing. Just look at tye recent genovese turncoat who recored merlino and all them guys. He fliped cause of drugs. Bet any boss worth a dime wont let a drug guy near them. Back in the 80tys they had the herion pipeline today the spanish do. What makes people on the board think cali would throw all his legit shit out to make money on drugs probaly is dead set against. Hes got way to much to lose might be a reason he is high up cause hes a good biznes man.

Re: Frank Cali - 01/25/17 07:24 PM

Look what the drug dealing has down to the rizzuto crew or family they all been slaughtered theres nothing left to go on. I read somewhere chin called massino in the 80tys to his triangle club and massino tried to go in with george s . They wouldnt even let him in the club cause of his drugs dealing. Just look at tye recent genovese turncoat who recored merlino and all them guys. He fliped cause of drugs. Bet any boss worth a dime wont let a drug guy near them. Back in the 80tys they had the herion pipeline today the spanish do. What makes people on the board think cali would throw all his legit shit out to make money on drugs probaly is dead set against. Hes got way to much to lose might be a reason he is high up cause hes a good biznes man.

Dunno, maybe the fact that it's factual he has been seen multiple times meeting with important Sicilian mafioso, what do you think there talking about, football?

I'm not sure the Gambino's care about what the other bosses think, why would they? Like you said this ain't the 80's when they had a commission

Re: Frank Cali - 01/27/17 07:06 PM

Here one articel about Frank Cali. A rich and Powerful Man, i think he is a lot bigger than Bellomo. And also bigger than every other guy from the genovese crime family.

But this is only one guy.. the gambinos have the richest and most legitim members from all new york familys.

The genovese guys all in to old age make his hands dirty thats one reason why a lot of people think he are the strongest..

many gambinos are legitim and not in the news papers, john gambino and many others.

Thats the real big guys in the new york mafia world. With contacts around the world, the genovese thing is only a new york new jersey and east coast thing and in this area also the gambinos stronger i think.

What you think Guys?

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20130718/little-italy/mob-pick-for-gambino-godfather-turns-down-job
Posted By: Homers77

Re: Frank Cali - 01/27/17 07:40 PM

In a way it's the way you look at things....

The Feds say the Genovese are the Ivy League and top OC group and he is the boss.

So Barney needs to be near the top of course. I have also read he has many legitimate streams of income that make him legitimately wealthy so he has to be near the top. And the Chin who many regard as one of the best bosses after the rico act picked him so i am sure he is a powerful guy..

But it is a secret organization so we really don't know.

And hearing some of the numbers thrown around in Gomorroah and about the cartels it is possible that a guy big in the drug business would have tons of $ and with that power...

But drugs are a tricky thing and things can come crashing down very quickly as we have seen in Canada...

I am sure the Gen Gam and Luchs all have some pretty powerful and heavy guys but in my opinion it would be tough to say who is the "most powerful" and besides that how do you define power???

Is being able to shutdown a $20M construction site more powerful then being able to get shipment of drugs from Italy?

I don't know??
Posted By: Yonkers

Re: Frank Cali - 01/27/17 11:46 PM

Barney doesnt live in a mansion and he is very low key. If you didn't know him you would never know he does nothing that is stereotypical. In the articles of recent that's says where he lives are wrong.
Posted By: southend

Re: Frank Cali - 01/28/17 02:50 PM

A man's wealth doesn't always determine his position in his family. Also, unless you yourself are in the Genovese family how can you say whether or not they have international contacts be it drug related or other business? The feds' "Ivy league" comment about the Genovese family is from years ago, far from recent. Not saying it can't be true today, but you can't go off information stated in documentaries and whatnot from 5-10+ yrs ago. Frank Cali and Barney Bellomo, if they aren't at the top of their respective families, these two are as heavy as it gets without being the actual boss, and they strike me as the types to let someone else have the boss target on their back while they pull the strings from where they feel safe.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Frank Cali - 01/28/17 04:08 PM

His business interests are impressive for example they deal directly with the Swiss multinational Nestlé.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Frank Cali - 01/28/17 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Hollander
His business interests are impressive for example they deal directly with the Swiss multinational Nestlé.

Not questioning you, but want to know more. Source?

Re: Frank Cali - 01/28/17 07:34 PM

We all now that cali have connections in italy...

Re: Frank Cali - 01/28/17 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy

Not questioning you, but want to know more. Source?

The book Mafia Export. Besides about 10 construction firms I counted at least 8 trading businesses and there was Nino's Pizza in Brooklyn, which is now closed. They were also the exclusive importers of Buitoni pasta owned by Nestlé.

Re: Frank Cali - 01/29/17 03:40 PM

No, you don't "know" anything. You're just going off of what has been written about in the VERY FEW articles his name pops up in.

Re: Frank Cali - 01/29/17 04:07 PM

No, you don't "know" anything. You're just going off of what has been written about in the VERY FEW articles his name pops up in.

Yes.

Re: Frank Cali - 01/29/17 04:08 PM

And Btw you have no idea what i know or not.
And yes in this case all i know about cali is from the a few articles.

Re: Frank Cali - 01/29/17 05:24 PM

To the mafia in Villabate in particular, Nick Notaro was his front-man.

Re: Frank Cali - 01/29/17 05:30 PM

To the mafia in Villabate in particular, Nick Notaro was his front-man.

Barny have connections in italy ??

Re: Frank Cali - 01/29/17 05:39 PM

No idea, but there are links between the Genoveses and 'Ndrangheta in Queens. Cali also had meetings with the Calabrians.

Re: Frank Cali - 01/29/17 08:54 PM

But considering he was born in Corleone, it's likely Bellomo has links to the old country.
Posted By: Homers77

Re: Frank Cali - 01/30/17 12:07 PM

But considering he was born in Corleone, it's likely Bellomo has links to the old country.

That is interesting I had no idea he was not born in the US..

But I guess my knowledge is based off what I read on here and the articles posted.

But either way I would imagine someone in the Genovese family does have international connections and I am sure Barney benefits from them.

Re: Frank Cali - 01/30/17 02:16 PM

The chin had connections in italy ?

Re: Frank Cali - 01/30/17 02:19 PM

You seem hellbent on figuring out who had "connections in italy".

Re: Frank Cali - 01/30/17 02:44 PM

You seem hellbent on figuring out who had "connections in italy".

Haha its because of the series gomorra lol

Re: Frank Cali - 01/30/17 04:41 PM

Chin Gigante had no big contacts in Italy.

The Genovese more a American Family.

The Gambinos more contact to Italy.

John Gambino has meetings in New York with people like michele sindona in the history.

here a qoute from wikipedia, many articel on the internet like this.

(Gambino had close relationship with the Italian banker Michele Sindona. They dined often and openly at the luxurious Hotel Pierre on Fifth Avenue or the Gambino’s Café Valentino. Gambino was a frequent guest at New York dinner parties in Sindona’s honour. When Sindona got in trouble and was indicted for the bankruptcy of the Franklin National Bank, John Gambino procured a false passport and helped to stage a bogus kidnap in August 1979, to conceal a mysterious 11-week trip to Sicily before his scheduled fraud trial.[4]

However, Sindona also had put the Mafia’s heroin money at risk, due to his financial malpractice. The real purpose of the kidnapping was to issue sparsely disguised blackmail notes to Sindona’s past political allies – among them Prime Minister Giulio Andreotti – to engineer the rescue of his banks and recuperate Cosa Nostra’s money. Gambino accompanied Sindona’s attempt to recover the money, but the plans failed and Sindona was arrested, leading to the indictment of the Inzerillo-Spatola-Gambino network. It remains unclear if any of the Mafia money Sindona had lost was recovered.)

This are the people with international contacts, the gambinos.

For years and also now.

Re: Frank Cali - 01/30/17 05:03 PM

The Gambinos more contact to Italy.

John Gambino has meetings in New York with people like michele sindona in the history.

here a qoute from wikipedia, many articel on the internet like this.

(Gambino had close relationship with the Italian banker Michele Sindona. They dined often and openly at the luxurious Hotel Pierre on Fifth Avenue or the Gambino’s Café Valentino. Gambino was a frequent guest at New York dinner parties in Sindona’s honour. When Sindona got in trouble and was indicted for the bankruptcy of the Franklin National Bank, John Gambino procured a false passport and helped to stage a bogus kidnap in August 1979, to conceal a mysterious 11-week trip to Sicily before his scheduled fraud trial.[4]

However, Sindona also had put the Mafia’s heroin money at risk, due to his financial malpractice. The real purpose of the kidnapping was to issue sparsely disguised blackmail notes to Sindona’s past political allies – among them Prime Minister Giulio Andreotti – to engineer the rescue of his banks and recuperate Cosa Nostra’s money. Gambino accompanied Sindona’s attempt to recover the money, but the plans failed and Sindona was arrested, leading to the indictment of the Inzerillo-Spatola-Gambino network. It remains unclear if any of the Mafia money Sindona had lost was recovered.)

This are the people with international contacts, the gambinos.

For years and also now.

Thanks.

Re: Frank Cali - 01/30/17 05:16 PM

It used to be but according to a well informed italian poster on an other forum, after the murder of Castellano many Sicilians were picked up by the Westside.

Re: Frank Cali - 01/30/17 05:19 PM

This is maybe also interesting for this Thread, i have heard and read from a big mafia meeting in 1994.

In France, this is very interesting stuff.

The Gambino Family was the only La cosa Nostra Family in this Meeting with chinese triads, yakuza, colombian cartel and russian criminals.

here 2 articel (books) you can read from this meeting.

https://books.google.de/books?id=7QvVCgA...994&f=false

https://books.google.de/books?id=r1c0CgA...ing&f=false

edit:

here is another book you can read about this meeting

https://books.google.de/books?id=unFKCAA...ism&f=false
Posted By: bronx

Re: Frank Cali - 01/30/17 07:46 PM

who from u.s. was there //all the gambino drug guys were in prison..all the guys that flipped never mentioned drugs from that time period..highly doubt this info

Re: Frank Cali - 01/30/17 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Homers77

That is interesting I had no idea he was not born in the US..

But I guess my knowledge is based off what I read on here and the articles posted.

But either way I would imagine someone in the Genovese family does have international connections and I am sure Barney benefits from them.

According to this book:
https://books.google.ht/books/about/People_from_Corleone.html?hl=fr&id=BjyXSQAACAAJ

Re: Frank Cali - 01/31/17 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: bronx
who from u.s. was there //all the gambino drug guys were in prison..all the guys that flipped never mentioned drugs from that time period..highly doubt this info

Yea, said meeting that MarcoW is posting about most likely never happened.

And don't get it confused, the Bonannos were one of the families with major links in Italy, same goes for the Colombo's during the time Profaci was boss, he too had well connections back in Sicily. In the early 19th century, the mafia groups the Five Families grew from, they all had tight bonds with Sicily and back home, because thats where their recruitment came from, prior to Lucky Luciano coming along, guys just didn't believe in working with Jews and other ethnicities, it wasn't just Masseria who thought this way, which is the picture commonly presented. Fast forward into the 80s-90s, the Bonannos were still that family that displayed ties to Sicily before any other. Yes, there were the Cherry Hill Gambinos, but aside from the Inzerillos they had out here before they killed them off, what other Sicilians of any memory have the Gambinos been involved with? In recent history, if criminal investigations are the tell tale sign, then if anything, the Gambinos have ties to Italy through Calabria and the 'Ndrangheta, as thats whom they're creating their drug schemes with, and thats whos shipping them the product.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Frank Cali - 01/31/17 03:58 PM

who?

Re: Frank Cali - 01/31/17 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: bronx
who?

Hey bronx, felice said that. After Paul got killed the sicilians didn't like how the family was led.
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Frank Cali - 02/03/17 12:37 PM

@ Sinatra
80s-90s is Gottis heyday, would they have dealt with him? Do they deal with the Gottis today? Also, there are reports of Gotti getting dope from Bardellino in Naples, possibly, never been confirmed I believe. Like 85-91 everything to Sicily was probably in disarray.

The thing is, why were Sicilian bosses meeting with Gambinos in the early 2000s? If they had been disconnected since the early 80s, 90s ?And I don't mean dinosaurs Like Casamento, I mean YOUNG guys like Gianni Nicchi, he was like 26 or something at the time. He couldn't have been around for the French connection years, he was proboably a child during the Riina years.

I'm not sure if I believe there was no contact during these times. Between the indictments of the Pizza case, and Riinas killing spree, and Indictments of Sindonas banking empire, a lot of their Sicilian operation was dismantled. On BOTH sides of the Atlantic.

But that doesn't mean they totally gave up on it, and just looking at recent indictments, I don't know how anyone can say they did.

On the Bonnano thing, I think, amongst American Mafiosi, only Sonny Reds group had the okay to move heroin from the Sicilians, and only cause they were LaMarese, and they were distributors, not importers. On the Italian side, in the 60s, there was the big car bomb that lead to the mafia having to go into hiding. On the American side, there was the Banana War, so the Bonnanos were just as in disarray in the 60s as the Gambinos probably were in the mid 80s-90s. But it didn't stop them from resuming these activities, SOON as Galante got out.

One question I got, as far as who it would have been. You guys heard of the Napoli brothers in the Gambino Family? They were partners in a ranch in Venuezela, and were named as the biggest movers of junk to the US.
(THIS EXCERPT)

The most intriguing of the dozens [BadWord]-Caruana enterprises was a cattle-breeding company on an extended ranch in the state of Barinas, close to the Colombian border. It had its own private airstrip. A special task-force of the Venezuelan intelligence-service DISIP looked at this farm called Ganaderia Rio Zapa, established in 1971. (49) The shareholders of the firm represented the creme-de-la-creme of Mafia heroin-movers in those days:

* Salvatore 'Cicchiteddu' Greco, the former head of the overall Commission of the Sicilian Cosa Nostra, and one of the pioneers in the international heroin trade (50);
* Nick Rizzuto, a lieutenant in the Montreal-based Cotroni Family, but highly independent and in fact subordinate to the Sicilian Mafia (i.e. [BadWord]-Caruana);
* Antonio Napoli, a high-ranking made member of the New York Gambino Family and 'the biggest mover of junk to the United States' (51);
* John Gambino, a relative of Carlo Gambino and boss of the Sicilian faction of the New York Gambino Family (52);
* Brothers Angelo and Francesco Mongiovì, figure-heads of the [BadWord] in Caracas and Italy's financial centre Milan. According to a DEA report, Angelo's son Nino Mongiovì married Paolo [BadWord]'s daughter and was the 'super manager for drugs of all kinds passing through Miami'. (53)

The DEA spotted them investigating the Napoli brothers of the Gambino Family in New York. Antonio Napoli had moved to Venezuela and was a partner in a [BadWord] business. At the time DEA headquarters figured the trail irrelevant; nevertheless, special agent Tom Tripodi was sent to Caracas. DEA-analyst Mona Ewell told reporter Claire Sterling that Tripodi "came back with the whole thing." (54)

Who is this guy?

What I've noticed, is that the Bonnanos come into play, ONLY ONCE THE STUFF GETS TO NY. And in a distribution capacity.

What I've noticed is that the Gambinos consistently try to position themselves at key points in the dope trade, IN ADDITION to moving stuff in NY.

Re: Frank Cali - 02/05/17 07:32 AM

@pmac

Here is an excerpt from a report on Jersey OC from 1989- And this is from back then....

(THE LINK TO ARTICLE)

http://mafianj.com/sci89/sicilian.shtml

(The excerpt...) They have been CRIME FAMILIES/Narcotics syndicates more than extortion operations for a LONG time now, since maybe the fifties....

Another characteristic that sets the Mafia apart from the LCN is the former's use of women and non-Mafia family members to conduct its illicit activities. Investigations have revealed that women couriers are often used to transport narcotics in quantities small enough to be strapped to their bodies in Italy for delivery to the United States. Although the Mafia uses the services of non-members, it is more selective than the LCN about inducting new members into its ranks. Most members are either related through blood or marriage, making it difficult for law enforcement to penetrate this coterie. (In this regard, the Mafia is much like the Colombian drug cartels.)

The greatest source of revenue for the Sicilian Mafia is narcotics trafficking. Because of its world-wide connections, the Mafia has established a transportation network that brings cocaine from Colombia to Italy and heroin and cocaine from Italy to the United States. This group is using many east coast ports, including New York and Philadelphia, for its smuggling operations.

Re: Frank Cali - 02/05/17 07:37 AM

Here is another thing, more recent on this Napoli family, again, who are these guys, and what's their position the dope trade, in relation to the Sicilian Mafia, and where do they fit in with the Gambinos?

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut...ar10-story.html

Re: Frank Cali - 02/05/17 08:33 AM

You mean this Napoli?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/eb/15/e2/eb15e27d3f8f42da49e1a49969e02c61.jpg

About the Gambinos you have right this guys in the History and also now the biggest LCN Family in Drugs. All other are little against the Gambinos in narcotic. Rizzutos, Familys from Ontario and the Gambinos this are the biggest guys in drugs from all italian groups in north america.

Here is a other interesting articel about Roberto Settineri.

In italian.

http://archivio.panorama.it/italia/Reality-mafia

here in english:

Reality Mafia
Traditionalist as in the "Godfather". Dangerous as in "Donnie Brasco." Caricatured as in "The Sopranos". Here's What Our 2010: dialogues, lifestyles and connections that outclass film and television. For months the Italian police checked boss and picciotti between Miami, New York and Palermo. And a journalist from Panorama was joined to agents, following live the last stages of the investigation. Until, March 10, between Italy and the US have taken the handcuffs

Reality Mafia
of Antonio Rossitto
reality mafia
Traditionalist as in the "Godfather". Dangerous as in "Donnie Brasco." Caricatured as in "The Sopranos". Here's What Our 2010: dialogues, lifestyles and connections that outclass film and television. For months the Italian police checked boss and picciotti between Miami, New York and Palermo. And a journalist of "Panorama" was joined to agents, following live the last stages of the investigation. Until, March 10, between Italy and the United States have taken the handcuffs. The story and audio files of some eavesdropping
At Brickell Key, one of the most beautiful areas of South Miami, is a little after 5 in the morning. It's Wednesday, March 10, 2010. Ten officers in camouflage Swat, specific core FBI raid in the elegant gray building. The goalkeeper dodges, federal go up to the sixth floor. Break through a door. Enter a beautiful house overlooking the ocean. On the dining room table is a tall half meter humidifier: inside there are thirty cigars of high quality.
Before the huge plasma TV is a thumbnail of a Sicilian cart. two caps: a beige, the other brown input on the mobile stand out. Next there are the keys to an Audi Qt and a Mini Cooper. The host is called Roberto Settineri: for the prosecutor in Palermo is the link between the clans in Palermo and American ones. The officers handcuffed still white boxers. His wife, a beautiful South American girl, is terrified. He does not lose control, "I'm a good person," he says. "There was no need to break the door. I would have opened anyway. "
The latest survey on the links between Italian and American Cosa Nostra is a romanzone from unusual canvas: The Godfather by Mario Puzo revisited by David Chase, the writer of The Sopranos. "Paesan blues": the title of the book has already coined Raffaele Grassi, Deputy Head of the SCO, the Italian police officer who coordinated the operation. He tells a modern and ancestral Mafia at the same time.
Criminals who use telecommunication connections Skype and smoke long cigars as knives. Speak the English slang with US businessmen and the narrow Palermo with old Sicilian bosses. Investors in New York art galleries and meet every night in the same Italian-American restaurant. Buy apartments in Dubai and are trafficking cocaine.
-audio And Photo: The Boss Settineri phones Enzo Buscetta, grandson of "Don Masino"

The agents of the SCO, the Police Central Operations Service, and the FBI for two years are being followed, caught, photographed, did bank checks. In Florida, Panorama has followed the last frantic days of the investigation, marked by stalking in the boulevard fringed with palm trees of Miami Beach and the meeting in a nondescript building cream of Fort Lauderdale, the FBI headquarters. Until dawn Wednesday: March 10. Twenty-six people, arrested for crimes ranging from money laundering Mafia association: three to Miami, two in North Carolina, one in New York and 20 in Palermo.
In the list there are big shots of the Gambino family, the most powerful of the US. And the heads of the church of Santa Maria de Jesus, the clan of the Sicilian capital. More than a quarter of a century after the Pizza Connection investigation, the protagonists of criminal association between Italy and the United States remain the same. United in the name of money and honor.
The link between the two sides, according to investigators, is Settineri: a 41 year old Palermo who lives in Miami Beach, Florida, in 1998. In Italy accuse him of mafia association. In recycling America. Nothing makes him forget the origins and aspirations: physical wrestler, tinted glasses, dark clothes, always unbuttoned shirt, Havana between his lips and gold Rolex on your wrist.
-audio And Photo: Settineri speaks with a person wants to take a vacation with Laura. And 'it covered language: Laura is the fugitive Antonio Lo Nigro

Settineri is officially a representative of wines and spirits. The same craft that was his father, John, in Palermo. "He sold mainly Glen Grant" explains August 1st of 1987 the repentant Antonino Calderone to the judge Giovanni Falcone. "I was his host during the run," he adds in his deposition.
But for the son the marketing of expensive bottles would be just a cover. The few movements of his checking account does not justify work activities. He lives like a king, Settineri. He attends the glitterati. Runs on expensive cars. Yet it has no investments in any company, he has verified the FBI. In Miami Beach, along with federal, Panorama has discovered a different truth. The Soprano cafe is a restaurant with blue curtains and 20 small tables placed in the middle of Lincoln Road, the most trendy and diverse city street: scollacciate girls, teenagers skateboarding, businessmen in dark jacket. To Soprano Settineri it is at home. Even so, says the FBI.
Confusion among the people, the agents see him feasting for hours: dispenses smiles, shakes hands. Everyone calls him "Roberto." The photograph while playing cards with his henchmen, business talks, eats eagerly, and sprinkle the robust wines foods.
Inside, posters Godfather and The Sopranos posters crowd the yellow walls. I'm a little after 10 of Monday, March 8 evening. At the bar there is a Genoese girl with pronounced chin. "The owners are Italians» trusts, newly discovered dell'avventore nationality. Where from? "One is from Bari: it is called Rocco." And the other? "Siciliano: Roberto is ...." Surname? The waitress thinks for a moment: "I do not remember."
-audio And Photo: Settinieri talks with two friends who tell him their relationship with a woman

They spend a few minutes. Rocco arrives at the counter, in his fifties: stonewashed jeans, blue shirt untucked and hairy chest in sight. "Where you from?" He asks. "Sicilian". Rocco for a moment lights. He has the nose of a boxer in the middle of a face crafty. "Even my partner is from Sicily: Palermo," he says as he runs his hand through his white hair, long at the temples. He glances at a group of blondes who stops to look at the menu: "His name Settineri». But for Roberto gourmet business it would be even more lavish.
To get to the popular restaurant Carpaccio must move to North Beach on Collins Avenue, one of the most exclusive streets of Miami. Tuesday night, around 9 o'clock, in front of the restaurant about twenty people waiting for the turn. There will be at least 200 seats, but there is an empty chair.
Carpaccio is on the ground floor of the Bel Harbor shop, a commercial center for luxury brands. Next to the restaurant there is the Cartier boutique. In front of the most exclusive jewelers in the world: De Beers and Van Cleef & Arpels. The FBI monitors the room to be days. The policemen of the SCO, led by Grassi, make an inspection. Participates Luca Scognamillo, the liaison officer with the American authorities.
Here too Settineri is at home. "It acts as a master, and the master is treated," summarizes an FBI investigator. Hour layover under the awnings Venetian red color of the restaurant, while Ferrari and Jaguar tied down to young men and scantily clad women. In a phone call, Settineri says the Carpaccio is his. But, even in this case, the cards are not shares.
American agents have observed his movements for months and found the same ritual: lunches and dinners lasting hours. Sometimes, yarns via the last customers, the meetings are extended inside the restaurant, in the middle of design chandeliers and pop art paintings.
The restaurants, however, would be only part of the business. For the FBI, Settineri would clean up 10 million dollars "of illicit origin 'means a recycling so risks 20 years in prison. To wash the money would open two bank accounts to two nominees. "We can not yet give details on how it would be spent on the dirty money," says Panorama Dena Choucair, the forty-deputy head of the FBI in Miami, Lebanese origin and masculine look.
But tapping into it speaks of real estate investments in Palermo, Dubai, New York, where Settineri was the purchase of apartments. And in Miami. In an interception with Palermo entrepreneur discusses the purchase 'of a nearby building on Danny DeVito's restaurant. "
Another recycling channel is the one of the works of art, thanks to the complicity of the New York gallery owners. In the Big Apple, after all, the relations of Settineri were consolidated. Wednesday, March 10, the FBI stopped Gaetano Napoli, 71, and two sons Gaetano junior and Thomas. They are accused of extortion, usury, money laundering and fraudulent bankruptcy.
The Naples are considered at the top of the Gambino family. Their criminal feud is Staten Island: here are run pizzerias and a meat resale. The Fort Lauderdale investigators have recorded several of Settineri in New York travel. Someone even in an official capacity.
On 4 September 2008, the FBI photographs him at the funeral of a man of the Gambino: John Ruggiero. He was the son of Angelo, right arm of John Gotti, former mammasantissima the Gambino family. Died in 2001, film and television have fueled the legend of criminal Gotti: inspired the character of Joey Zasa in the third part of the Godfather and that of the boss Johnny Sack of The Sopranos. Reverse fate happened to John Ruggiero, nicknamed "Johnny Boy" for its resemblance to one of the protagonists of the television series. Even his funeral was no exception. The snapshots taken by the investigators seem an episode of the saga.
Settineri just came out from the church: wearing black pinstripe suit, dark glasses. It looks around grimly, circumspect. A hundred meters away, hidden in a white pickup truck, the photographing all agents.
Relations between Settineri and Naples are balances. So much so that the old Mafia to intercede on behalf of the young Roberto. June 27, 2009 the FBI intercepts a phone call: Settineri, notes the SCO, complains to Naples he was not invited to a meeting organized by Colombo. To do this, of course, use a hermetic language: its guarantor for the moment is on "vacation", that is in prison. Decrypts Police: it refers to the boss Nicholas "Little Nick" Corozzo, former regent of the Gambino now in jail. Settineri is annoyed by the inconvenience: "As long as one speaks in friendship," he says, "it does so with education. But should they speak incorrectly they break the phones. Because I do not treat me bad, you understand me? ".
To settle the dispute, the July 1, 2009 is organizing a meeting in an Italian restaurant in Pompano Beach, north of Miami. They flock members of the New York Gambino. And even the FBI: the telephoto photographing all. Settineri arrives on his black Porsche. Then he closes in secret meetings with his right arm, Salvatore Tricamo, among those arrested on 10 March. Appointment not miss the mediator: Napoli. He gets out of black in dark suits, as required by the protocol.
It is not the only way to Florida for New Yorkers. Settineri also often goes to visit them. But his frequent trips are in his native Palermo. Here the SCO agents and they keep an eye on Mobile some time. Roberto knows many mobsters. And from them it is treated with consideration. For the prosecution the network would be woven in particular with Gianpaolo brothers, 37, and Gioacchino Corso, 42, said, "Ino." For the investigators are the heads of the Santa Maria family of Jesus. They were always stopped on March 10, in Palermo, with 18 other people.
The brothers have relationships with New Yorkers clan. Blood ties, as well as business: Gianpaolo is brother of Sylvester Lo Green, right arm dell'emergentissimo Frank Cali, who was arrested in 2008. The course is in close contact with Settineri. Often they go to Miami. December 31, 2009 Ino calling Gianpaolo, who is spending the New Year in Florida. He says he has to bring him "an American T-shirt". Must be "typical", "Me and I must look like I have to put American 'specification. The metaphor would indicate drug. In intercepted phone calls, moreover, metaphors and allusions are constant. In a phone call to a friend Settineri hums the air of the Godfather: "Speak more slowly, that no one will hear ...."
In Palermo Settineri it has relations, in addition to the course, with close to mafia clans Pagliarelli and Brancaccio. His travels are punctuated by meetings, meetings, business. And Dangerous Liaisons. Just a flight to Sicily should have taken the day of his arrest. An epilogue that Roberto did not expect. "To me," he said a month ago on the phone, "the only crime that I can challenge the heart theft and abuse of a smile."
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET