Posted By: bronx

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 04:09 AM

AGREE
Posted By: funkster

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 05:21 AM

Wow.
Posted By: yatescj7

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 05:48 AM

Damn it.Has this been verified? I always wanted Licky Nicky to live to 103, get out of prison and start a war with the Merlino faction.
Posted By: americafyeah

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 05:57 AM

Originally Posted By: yatescj7
Damn it.Has this been verified? I always wanted Licky Nicky to live to 103, get out of prison and start a war with the Merlino faction.

same here! RIP Little Nicky Scarfo! He inspired me in the 90's!
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 07:10 AM

I bet Merlino doesn't attend shit. Although it would be nice to see he and Nicky Jr. present at the same time, and they shake hands, signifying a burying of the hatchet.

And lol @ being inspired by Nicky Scarfo.

Hopefully Leonetti signs off on the movie rights now.
Posted By: British

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 08:16 AM

Another old school guy gone, he was nuts but LCN to the end!
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 01:56 PM

Nicodemo “Little Nicky” Scarfo, infamous boss of the Philadelphia crime family, dies in prison at age 87 (Nothing new, just my take on Scarfo)

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/bl...hia-crime-famil
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 02:08 PM

I thinked the same think: out at 103 y or at 90 y like Furnari.Merlino and the others who made 30 years because of him , for sure will celebrate with champagne and fireworks. Who know if Leonetti will have tge balls to attend the funeral?
Posted By: Drita_d

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 02:57 PM

Dö you think leonetti is Free now to dö whatever he wants?

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 03:09 PM

He's been free to do whatever he wants. Certain people, including myself, simply believe he was holding out on some things, like a sequel to his book, and a movie based on "Mafia Prince" until his uncle died.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 03:43 PM

I wonder if his son will feel more comfortable ratting now that his father is dead?

His brother wanted no part of that life and his other brother committed suicide because of that life.

I say he should rat if it means he gets out of prison alive.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 03:48 PM

He was an interesting character, but it's hard to have any sympathy at all for him considering how many people he had killed.
Posted By: FriendoftheFamily

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 04:01 PM

Well, Hell will have one more Boss from here and he will be vying for Satan's job. Probably planning the hit now...

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I wonder if his son will feel more comfortable ratting now that his father is dead?

His brother wanted no part of that life and his other brother committed suicide because of that life.

I say he should rat if it means he gets out of prison alive.

Nicky jr won't flip. He had more chanches to left the mob after merlino try to kill him in 1989.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Drita_d

I don't know..He seems to be the biggest coward of all the stool pigeons out there...20+ years later and he still wants his voice and face altered !!

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 04:49 PM

Thats not cowardice, that's precaution. And Nicky Jr won't flip, I don't know why people get this idea that he'll flip because "he cant handle prison life", he's had multiple opportunities to flip and bit the bullet each time.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 04:53 PM

Good riddance. How many people did he have murdered to include some good people who were loyal to him.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: DiLorenzo

I don't know..He seems to be the biggest coward of all the stool pigeons out there...20+ years later and he still wants his voice and face altered !!

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/gA2hiR8GeXE[/video]

Here speak normal and show his face.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 04:55 PM

Uhh, he's in disguise as Bobby Bats from Goodfellas.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Thats not cowardice, that's precaution. And Nicky Jr won't flip, I don't know why people get this idea that he'll flip because "he cant handle prison life", he's had multiple opportunities to flip and bit the bullet each time.

Leonetti must be scared not of merlino but of the guys like Narducci that made 20+ years because he flips. But with a dead son,another in prison and another that hate him with his sister that hate him for what do to philip I want to know who will attend the Scarfo sr funeral?
He was the boss that destroyed the family but always the boss.
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 05:45 PM

I said it before and I will say it again...I cannot believe how long mobsters live.

Christy Tic
Joey Lombardo
John Di Fronzo
Bobby Manna
John Franzese

I am sure there are plenty more.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
I said it before and I will say it again...I cannot believe how long mobsters live.

Christy Tic
Joey Lombardo
John Di Fronzo
Bobby Manna
John Franzese

Vic Amuso is 82. Poor guy will be broken hearted. His best friend is gone.

Carmine Persico is even older.

Venero Mangano is 95.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 07:08 PM

I guess if you just don't give a fuck about anything or anyone but yourself, you don't feel stressed and it's better for your heart.
Posted By: Curiosity

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 09:36 PM

Here's a interesting article.
http://breakingac.com/little-nicky-scarfo-died-in-federal-prison/
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 09:38 PM

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-...n-hospital.html
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 10:01 PM

Christy Tic
Joey Lombardo
John Di Fronzo
Bobby Manna
John Franzese

Venero Mangano is 95.

Stephen Grammauta is one hundred years old, even older than Sony..
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Curiosity
nice article but lol@ "the bounty is still active" (on leonetti). Where would one go about collecting that money if they killed phil?
Posted By: Chicken713

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: GangstersInc
Nicodemo “Little Nicky” Scarfo, infamous boss of the Philadelphia crime family, dies in prison at age 87 (Nothing new, just my take on Scarfo)

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/bl...hia-crime-famil

Respect. Keep writing you're always the first I go to.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 11:08 PM

Thanks for the news Curiosity

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
nice article but lol@ "the bounty is still active" (on leonetti). Where would one go about collecting that money if they killed phil?

The same placed they'd go to collect the $500,000 for killing Joe Pistone lol
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/15/17 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Christy Tic
Joey Lombardo
John Di Fronzo
Bobby Manna
John Franzese

Venero Mangano is 95.

Stephen Grammauta is one hundred years old, even older than Sony..

The guy believed to be one of Anastasia's killers right? Pretty amazing he's still around, not to mention how old people can get. This is a guy who was there during the mob's heyday, which is a long time ago. Something to think about.
Posted By: Garbageman

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 12:00 AM

I gotta say, as wild as he was, I was rooting for his steam to take him to 103.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 01:26 AM

I bet Merlino doesn't attend shit. Although it would be nice to see he and Nicky Jr. present at the same time, and they shake hands, signifying a burying of the hatchet.

LOL..DING DONG The witch is dead....I always wondered when it was gonna happen..now lets c what Phil has 2 write.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: hoodlum

LOL..DING DONG The witch is dead....I always wondered when it was gonna happen..now lets c what Phil has 2 write.
Hey Serp?? what now??

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: americafyeah

same here! RIP Little Nicky Scarfo! He inspired me in the 90's!
What the fuck's wrong wit u?

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 02:06 AM

He's been free to do whatever he wants. Certain people, including myself, simply believe he was holding out on some things, like a sequel to his book, and a movie based on "Mafia Prince" until his uncle died.
U got that right..

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 02:08 AM

U got that right..
Now wait till we see all the shit thats gonna come out the fan..

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 02:09 AM

I cant wait

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: DiLorenzo

No dude..Phil is genuine..he is now ok 2 do what he wants..has been..let him live his life the quiet way he deserves..or thinks he deserves,,the man has been through enough.. i know that i condemed him in the past..but he merely is an ass as well as a human being..he is the only refuge that made something of himself as well as 4 his son.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 02:38 AM

Christy Tic
Joey Lombardo
John Di Fronzo
Bobby Manna
John Franzese

Venero Mangano is 95.
Jesus ,Mary & Joseph!

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 02:51 AM

"Back to his wife??" ..she "Domineca" is still alive??Serp....u out there?..know anything??????/
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 03:50 AM

"Back to his wife??" ..she "Domineca" is still alive??Serp....u out there?..know anything??????/

Hoodlum: Yes" she is alive and well lives on the Ventnor , Margate border back by they intercostal water way.

It's not going to be good the Scarfo side don't get along with her side of the family.

Chris is from a different mother Jr. Is gone Mark is dead , although there is still family in large numbers on both sides .

They are going to try to keep the service private like they did Mark but I don't think it's going to be that easy.

The church they belong to has recently closed and it's possible they may do it in Philly but at this point who knows cos there church may open one day just for his service.

Chris is the only one on the street and he is part time here and part time Boca .

Chris and his kid are doing well down there in a business together and Chris has the Insurance but also has branched out and is doing well.

Ironic his new lady is a ex-wife of a local police officer from this area .
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 01:39 PM

Isn't Jr in prison?

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

Isn't Jr in prison?

Yeah, that's why I said present at the same time. In most situations, when a prisoners immediate family member, like a father/mother or wife/husband dies, they sometimes get rights to attend the funeral or at least a viewing of the body for about an hour or so. In some situations (it happened to my old man when my mom died) they'll bring in the prisoner during the service and let them say their peace of whatever amongst themselves and the body, before immediately turning them around and going back to the prison. In a more likely scenario, he'll be brought hours before the service is set to begin and gets to have that time to himself. That rarely happens for violent offenders though. I'm not sure if Scarfo Jr, a guy convicted of a white collar scam, is considered a violent offender.
Posted By: southend

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 04:03 PM

Always wondered how long old Nicodemo Sr. would live to in the joint. The Diminutive Don is finally dead after all those years of murder and mayhem he conducted in South Philly. Was always one of the more interesting stories to me along with other members of the Philly family from his era including the years leading up to his tenure at the top. If there ever is a Hollywood movie about the Scarfo days I hope it's a quality production unlike movies like Black Mass god that was painful to sit through
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 07:14 PM

Im surprised by some of the praise he is getting. The man was a narcissistic psychopath. Didnt want to kill his own sister and phils kid because they sided with phil

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente

Hoodlum: Yes" she is alive and well lives on the Ventnor , Margate border back by they intercostal water way.

It's not going to be good the Scarfo side don't get along with her side of the family.

Chris is from a different mother Jr. Is gone Mark is dead , although there is still family in large numbers on both sides .

They are going to try to keep the service private like they did Mark but I don't think it's going to be that easy.

The church they belong to has recently closed and it's possible they may do it in Philly but at this point who knows cos there church may open one day just for his service.

Chris is the only one on the street and he is part time here and part time Boca .

Chris and his kid are doing well down there in a business together and Chris has the Insurance but also has branched out and is doing well.

Ironic his new lady is a ex-wife of a local police officer from this area .

chris wanted nothing to do with his father. He became a successful legit person. Poor mark never had a chance. The only child little nicky even liked was junior only because he became a criminal too. Im happy that scumbag is finally dead
Posted By: pmac

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 07:53 PM

Hell has a new boss. Unanimous vote. Rest easy lord scarfo.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 07:56 PM

Crazyest scarfo hit i think just on a boss standpoint not killing his godson was whacking pat the cat like a year after inducting him into the family or maybe phil testa did but to kill him for not killing guy fast anuff was just crazy asfuck. There must have been some type of better reason.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 07:58 PM

What if no body wants to drive down to n.c. and claim the body. So he also must have been plotting with carmine persico down there to take back the commission. Bernie maddof runs the hot chocolate biz there.
Posted By: Regoparker100

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 09:50 PM

How many hits did Little Nicky do before becoming boss? And was he legally (clinically) diagnosed as a psychopath?

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Regoparker100
How many hits did Little Nicky do before becoming boss? And was he legally (clinically) diagnosed as a psychopath?

Its impossible to know how many hits. he was involved in the Reds Caruso murder in the early 60's, he was involved in the Falcone murder in 79, helfont in 78. I doubt Scarfo would every agree to be in the same room as a psychologist or being tested by one. But its pretty evident he was a psychopath
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 11:33 PM

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/...5b21a08180.html

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/16/17 11:40 PM

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/...4af1804766.html
Posted By: Giacomo

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/17/17 12:10 AM

One hit that he doesn't get credited/blamed for is Long John Martorano. I think most folks assume Ligambi ordered that done, because Martorano was making noise about trying to take over, but if you read Bobby Simone's "The Last Mouthpiece," there's a snippet where Simone is on trial himself and Crazy Phil Leonetti is testifying against him. Leonetti relates that Simone was worried Martorano was going to kill him and his son (because the son, Cowboy George, got a life sentence after Simone encouraged him to plead guilty), and Scarfo told Simone, "don't worry, the second he gets out of jail, Patty Specs has the contract to kill him."

I think posters here and George Anastasia also have argued that Johnny and Stevie Gongs did that hit, along with Anthony Nicodemo, but maybe the initial contract was still left over from Scarfo days?

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/17/17 01:04 AM

Great pic of Nicky Sr and Uncle Joe handcuffed together. Nicky Sr and Ligambi handcuffed together
Posted By: Ted

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/17/17 08:19 AM

While Scarfo was a frail man in a wheelchair physically, he reamined mentally sharp, Bahuriak said.
“He had the mind of a much younger man,” he said. “Very focused. Very intense.”
The last time Bahuriak came to visit him in North Carolina, it was about a week after the presidential election.
“Can you believe this crook Trump is president?” the convicted mobster asked. “He’s a con artist. Can you believe it? How dumb are people? This crook!”

Even Scarfo hates Trump. lol
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/17/17 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted

While Scarfo was a frail man in a wheelchair physically, he reamined mentally sharp, Bahuriak said.
The last time Bahuriak came to visit him in North Carolina, it was about a week after the presidential election.
“Can you believe this crook Trump is president?” the convicted mobster asked. “He’s a con artist. Can you believe it? How dumb are people? This crook!”

wow, its like he didnt see himself as a crook and con artist lmao

he was nuts
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/17/17 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
I bet merlino attends his funeral out of respect

It'll be anything BUT respect

Merlino said "he threatened to kill my entire family". Go figure

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/17/17 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo
One hit that he doesn't get credited/blamed for is Long John Martorano. I think most folks assume Ligambi ordered that done, because Martorano was making noise about trying to take over, but if you read Bobby Simone's "The Last Mouthpiece," there's a snippet where Simone is on trial himself and Crazy Phil Leonetti is testifying against him. Leonetti relates that Simone was worried Martorano was going to kill him and his son (because the son, Cowboy George, got a life sentence after Simone encouraged him to plead guilty), and Scarfo told Simone, "don't worry, the second he gets out of jail, Patty Specs has the contract to kill him."

I think posters here and George Anastasia also have argued that Johnny and Stevie Gongs did that hit, along with Anthony Nicodemo, but maybe the initial contract was still left over from Scarfo days?

Wrong- Scarfo's influence was long gone. The long John hit had nothing to do with Scarfo lease all Simone. And more so MONEY

Long John was trying to take over certain rackets and he found out what happens when u do

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/17/17 01:13 PM

he was nuts

Takes one to know one, he was just surprised the people voted in a crook is what he's saying
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/17/17 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Tonytough

he was nuts

Takes one to know one, he was just surprised the people voted in a crook is what he's saying

actually he said people are dumb for voting for Trump. just like trump said that the republicans have to dumbest voters

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/17/17 08:03 PM

Quote:
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/17/17 08:07 PM

Quote:
Phil Leonetti said it was Scarfo’s reaction to his youngest son’s suicide try that made him consider turning informant, which he did after they were convicted at trial.
Told of Mark Scarfo’s hospitalization at a point during trial, the father showed no emotion, Leonetti said.
“I’ve got tears in my eyes, and my uncle — this no-good evil (expletive) — has absolutely no reaction, no emotion, nothing,” he wrote in his book

Anyone else think Leonetti might be making this shit up to make Scarfo sound even worse than he is, and because it ties in to the self-serving narrative of his book and serves to justify his reasons for ratting and stealing Scarfo's money?

I get it. It might be true.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

I just wouldn't be so quick to automatically accept anything Crazy Phil says as gospel.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/17/17 11:55 PM

Quote:
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive

Took me a second to figure out who that was lol lol

I'm inclined to believe Philip Leonetti on that matter. Everyone says Scarfo was a total psychopath. It wouldn't surprise me if that was his reaction.
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/18/17 12:45 AM

Was he on lockdown like Gotti? Almost thirty years locked up. I would like to hear some prison stories about him. After his kid got shot, he pretty much lost any power he had left? Did anyone try to shake him down, or did he have respect from the other prisoners. Gotti was a lot bigger than him and he got his ass handed to him.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/18/17 12:49 AM

I haven't seen this one yet. He always had his pants pressed,even in all the prison pics.

Attached picture 855f50e7fdef72aa0adbd3b9d55e3dac.jpg

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/18/17 12:51 AM

[quote]Phil Leonetti said it was Scarfo’s reaction to his youngest son’s suicide try that made him consider turning informant, which he did after they were convicted at trial.
Told of Mark Scarfo’s hospitalization at a point during trial, the father showed no emotion, Leonetti said.
“I’ve got tears in my eyes, and my uncle — this no-good evil (expletive) — has absolutely no reaction, no emotion, nothing,” he wrote in his book

Anyone else think Leonetti might be making this shit up to make Scarfo sound even worse than he is, and because it ties in to the self-serving narrative of his book and serves to justify his reasons for ratting and stealing Scarfo's money?

I just wouldn't be so quick to automatically accept anything Crazy Phil says as gospel.

Scarfo was a pretty sick fuck so I actually think it is true. I'm not saying Leonetti was always 100% truthful but it seems like Scafo looked down on anybody who was legit or he viewed as weak. Its common knowledge he didn't get along with his son Chris because Chri would never be a criminal. Also his sister Nancy(Phil's mother) didn't have a good relationship with him a refered to him as "Hitler"

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/18/17 02:24 AM

Could be.

Good write up in the New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/nyreg...at-87.html?_r=0

Quote:
The elder Mr. Scarfo idolized Al Capone, a fellow transplanted Brooklynite, but hardly resembled him. Where Capone had wit and panache, Mr. Scarfo had neither. Capone supposedly said, “You can go a long way with a smile; you can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.” Mr. Scarfo preferred just the gun.

“There was no sense of charisma; not even a hint of the old Mafia mystique,” Mr. Anastasia wrote. “Scarfo was a bully with a gun.”

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/18/17 01:42 PM

Serp

Are you attending the services?

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/18/17 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: JCrusher
[quote=Moe_Tilden]
Quote:
Phil Leonetti said it was Scarfo’s reaction to his youngest son’s suicide try that made him consider turning informant, which he did after they were convicted at trial.

Scarfo was a pretty sick fuck so I actually think it is true. I'm not saying Leonetti was always 100% truthful but it seems like Scafo looked down on anybody who was legit or he viewed as weak. Its common knowledge he didn't get along with his son Chris because Chri would never be a criminal. Also his sister Nancy(Phil's mother) didn't have a good relationship with him a refered to him as "Hitler"

I think it's possible he was a criminal though. At least for a short time. According to Serp, Chris was somewhat involved in his fathers activity along with Nicky Jr. for quite some time. He and his father had a falling out, and Chris got out early, early enough to never be hurt by his association with his father and brother. I think there could be some truth to that.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/18/17 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Serp

No service for Nick sr.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/18/17 05:16 PM

Let us know if you hear anything that you can share when you're paying your respects!!

Been hitting The Borgata almost every weekend, will be there again on Sunday- Serp. Hope all is well my friend!

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/18/17 07:49 PM

[quote=Moe_Tilden]
Quote:

I think it's possible he was a criminal though. At least for a short time. According to Serp, Chris was somewhat involved in his fathers activity along with Nicky Jr. for quite some time. He and his father had a falling out, and Chris got out early, early enough to never be hurt by his association with his father and brother. I think there could be some truth to that.

Ive never heard of Chris being a criminal. Even Leonetti said he was a straight arrow. Its possible he could have some done some kiddie stuff like many of us do when we are teens but I don't think he was a criminal like his father or brother

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/18/17 09:55 PM

Chris was not involved in rackets or murders but he was involved in the everyday stuff that goes along with it. He was doing this long before Jr. started in the life.

As far as Chris hating his father (far far from true)

As far as Chris denouncing and cutting his father off (not true) Chris knew he could never get into the business he wanted to with that name !!! (That's it !!!)

He was learning the business from a associate of his fathers and Phil became close with that associate .

To this day when Chris gets out and has a couple he gets loud and starts to bring up the old days and he does this in front of his new friends and he does not hold back.

So much of what you hear is just talk .... Chris loved his father but "he"was exactly like him so they banged heads constantly .

That's all !!!

Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/19/17 12:24 PM

Good riddance

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/19/17 12:45 PM

Exactly Serp

No different to when Gotti was telling Vicky that the (grandkids) surname being Agnello wouldn't cause them problems if it were "Gotti"

As for others suggested Scarfo not caring about his son Mark (based on Leonetti's opinion) I think that's a load of bull. Just because he didn't show emotion doesn't mean he didn't care. How'd u know he didn't cry his eyes out in his cell

Gotti jr said his father never cried in front of them but he would hear him cry in his den. U have to understand these men are all "tough" on the front and don't like
to show weakness regardless if it's their kids or what, but deep down I'm sure they have emotions. Spillotro was a nut but he loved his kid dearly

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/19/17 04:09 PM

Yea, I think that story is a scenario made up by Phil Leonetti to support his whole "they turned on me first so I turned on them by turning rat" thing he has going on in his mind.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/19/17 04:42 PM

Phil was handed everything he had by his uncle and his status came from his uncle .

Phil was not a fighter he was mafia tough ! But he learned how to work it at a very young age , he was not belligerent or nasty to others that were not in the life he was very smooth.

But he was with his uncle every dam day and night and because of his personality he just took it .

He could not do anything outside of the family without there being verbal diarrhea coming from his uncle .

He would be out and have to be by a pay phone to call and check in with whom ever but it was ultimately checking in what is uncle every day every night his whole life unless his uncle was in jail .

I seen when it turned just before salvi but after Salvi it was all over his face .

Pretty sure he was really done with his uncle by then , but no enough to do anything.
You can bet your ass if they did not go down he would be running that family right now .

It's the nature of the beast that life .

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/19/17 04:42 PM

Was his obit published in any paper? I would take a guess his wake n funeral would probaly be Friday sat.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/19/17 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Was his obit published in any paper? I would take a guess his wake n funeral would probaly be Friday sat.

No one will know .

Because It was his wishes that they did not have a service .

I am sure there is a gathering but no official service .

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/19/17 04:48 PM

Wonder if he gets any flower cars things. Think amuso sends his people out of there friendship. Shit on the scarfo jr wires his father always saying take care of uncle vic. Kid brought bags of money to amuso wife n queens. She died a few yers ago according to capeci the whole family showed up. Thats when he took back amuso steped down and wasnt the official boss anymore. Scarfo jr should have stuck to blue collar crime. The min he started screwing with a finicial group he was toast. Whats the point of being a capo of a huge crew in jersey if all you need was a pencil tuff guy like his code.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/19/17 05:00 PM

Pmac: Things that a paper trail follows and people that are not involved in the life never go well.

That Sal was no good but still Jr. should have never been tied to that but he was not smart enough and now he is paying the ulitmate price his life .

The dollar figure was staggering and he was sucked right in and believe me he was told and he knew and still the dollar took over.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/19/17 06:14 PM

According to George Fresolone, Jr was always a thinker when it came to White-Collar crimes. He says when computers first became popular and of use during the late 80s & early-mid 90's, that Jr was the first one to be on that wave and the only one around, at least around Fresolones crew in North Jersey, who had the brains to think things through and see the future and how critical computers would be and how they could be money makers.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/19/17 06:19 PM

According to George Fresolone, Jr was always a thinker when it came to White-Collar crimes. He says when computers first became popular and of use during the late 80s & early-mid 90's, that Jr was the first one to be on that wave and the only one around, at least around Fresolones crew in North Jersey, who had the brains to think things through and see the future and how critical computers would be and how they could be money makers.

All true Junior was never a street guy though , and far as that goes neither was Phil, but he was very willing to do work and be involved with street guys and he did hang out with street guys .

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/20/17 07:02 AM

Serp

Most definitely

You gonna be packing?

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/20/17 10:25 AM

Phil was handed everything he had by his uncle and his status came from his uncle .

Phil was not a fighter he was mafia tough ! But he learned how to work it at a very young age , he was not belligerent or nasty to others that were not in the life he was very smooth.

But he was with his uncle every dam day and night and because of his personality he just took it .

He could not do anything outside of the family without there being verbal diarrhea coming from his uncle .

He would be out and have to be by a pay phone to call and check in with whom ever but it was ultimately checking in what is uncle every day every night his whole life unless his uncle was in jail .

I seen when it turned just before salvi but after Salvi it was all over his face .

Pretty sure he was really done with his uncle by then , but no enough to do anything.
You can bet your ass if they did not go down he would be running that family right now .

It's the nature of the beast that life .
I remember a few months ago, u pretty much made the same statement,,I always wondered what would of happened if he actually whacked his uncle like he sometimes thought about.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/20/17 10:30 AM

Chris was not involved in rackets or murders but he was involved in the everyday stuff that goes along with it. He was doing this long before Jr. started in the life.

As far as Chris hating his father (far far from true)

As far as Chris denouncing and cutting his father off (not true) Chris knew he could never get into the business he wanted to with that name !!! (That's it !!!)

He was learning the business from a associate of his fathers and Phil became close with that associate .

To this day when Chris gets out and has a couple he gets loud and starts to bring up the old days and he does this in front of his new friends and he does not hold back.

So much of what you hear is just talk .... Chris loved his father but "he"was exactly like him so they banged heads constantly .

That's all !!!

His (Chris) website is pretty impressive..it's not just houses & the like,, it's more industrious shit & mansions,etc..

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/21/17 01:47 AM

All true Junior was never a street guy though , and far as that goes neither was Phil, but he was very willing to do work and be involved with street guys and he did hang out with street guys .

Yeh Serp I always thought Phil wasn't a street guy- yes he learned to kill (being around his uncle) & enjoyed the money/ power. But he wasn't a street tough to begin with...and when the going got tough he wanted out

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/21/17 01:52 AM

Tony : no doubt ! But its human nature to survive, some can sit in the joint and rott and many can not.

I had to change a couple posts in this thread ...there will be no service for Nick .

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/21/17 02:26 AM

I still don't totally buy that Scarfo had a great relationship with his sons. I'm not saying he didn't care about them but at the same time he was a total wacko. He seemed to hate his sister though(Nancy) according to his letters from jail

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/21/17 02:53 AM

Nancy and him never got along it was a love hate relationship but Nick did look out for her !!

As far as his boys he was who he was , many fathers are worse to there children has nothing to do if he was in a chosen group of men that kill each other for decades .

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/21/17 04:15 AM

He got his sister a well paying no show job in the union in ac. She was under indictment before scarfo was taking off the street always think that played a big role n phils decision to flip cause she got off that case.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/21/17 02:19 PM

I really want to know if he ever came to peace with his mortality and opened up about asking forgiveness for all his sins?
I remember that vicious letter he wrote to his mother in the late 90's, early 2000's.
The one in Phil's book.

Even Spilotro asked to say a prayer when he came to terms that he would die that day.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/21/17 03:49 PM

He got his sister a well paying no show job in the union in ac. She was under indictment before scarfo was taking off the street always think that played a big role n phils decision to flip cause she got off that case.

And there was more that has not come out because it was not as public but he did things for her.

Like I said it was always a love hate relationship .

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/21/17 03:51 PM

I really want to know if he ever came to peace with his mortality and opened up about asking forgiveness for all his sins?
I remember that vicious letter he wrote to his mother in the late 90's, early 2000's.
The one in Phil's book.

Even Spilotro asked to say a prayer when he came to terms that he would die that day.

I doubt it ...he believed In the" mafia "and totally thought everybody else and everything else was wrong or crazy or etc.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/21/17 03:55 PM

Look at the Mexicans down in Mexico they slaughter entire family's babies children women grandmothers fillet them and hang them out .

That is way different then a man joining the mafia and for the most part killed exclusively only the men in that club .

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/21/17 04:03 PM

Ted Bundy for the most part killed exclusively women over 18.

Great guy.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/21/17 05:16 PM

Ted Bundy for the most part killed exclusively women over 18.

Great guy.

Moe: even you know what I am talking about ..... they are all killers and not good people ..... but I have met much worse in business that do same shit but are not in a club or mob or other .... face it these men are out there and will always be .

Nobody is saying they are good people, but it's a way of fucking life and if you were born in certain areas you grow up in and around it and understand it .

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/21/17 05:51 PM

Probaly scarfo own wish not to have a public wake. He must have been a broken man after his son got that 30yrs just cause hes did 30 yrs in prison and to know how that feels. Even carmine persico who doing life wit still a shot at appeal his son Allie is never getting out that fucked. But he still got other children and shit ton of blood family still doing colombo biznes in nyc.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/21/17 09:12 PM

Probaly scarfo own wish not to have a public wake. He must have been a broken man after his son got that 30yrs just cause hes did 30 yrs in prison and to know how that feels. Even carmine persico who doing life wit still a shot at appeal his son Allie is never getting out that fucked. But he still got other children and shit ton of blood family still doing colombo biznes in nyc.

So true , I do know more as most times I do but don't say because it's just very risky that there is always a chance that the person or persons only told me the info and that would not be good .

When I first posted here years back there were several posters that just did not believe my posts utilll I proved it or it was proven , not talking about speculation threads .

It is ,what it is ,and why there is no service and in time I will explain what was what .

Not that I don't PM or get PM's from some solid posters that I trust that I tell more cos when it's becomes public knowledge they know where they herd it first .

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/21/17 09:46 PM

Serp - The longshoreman he killed in that diner wasn't in the life, nor the judge, Edwin Helfant. And he appeared to enjoy killing Vincent Falcone a little too much for something that was just business.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/01/21/life-and-crimes-of-little-nicky

New article in the Sun.

Quote:
On a warm spring day long ago, I was sent to Philadelphia on assignment.

My subject was crooner Al Martino — better known today as the man who played Johnny Fontane in the iconic Godfather saga.

Martino picked me up from the 30th Street train station in his Cadillac and told me his own sordid, Mafia-tinged tale.

It unfurled over hours of drinking at mobbed-up South Philly watering holes.

At one, I asked the bartender about the city’s hyper-violent former Mafia kingpin, Nicodermo “Little Nicky” Scarfo.

The beefy barkeep, chatty and friendly to that point, put his finger to lips, then to the side of his head indicating the diminutive Mob dictator was a whacko.

Scarfo — who died in prison Jan. 13 at 87 — still instilled fear in Philadelphia more than a decade after being jailed for murder, racketeering and other crimes too numerous to mention.

At his sentencing, federal prosecutors were scathing about the well-dressed killer.

“(Scarfo) is a remorseless and profoundly evil man,” a prosecutor told the judge. “His life has been committed to the Mafia and all the negative values it represents: Greed, viciousness, treachery, deceit, and contempt for the law.”

The Brooklyn-born gangster said when he was a kid that he was going to “lick the world.”

His model was the charismatic, often witty Al Capone, but the two men couldn’t have been more different.

“There was no sense of charisma; not even a hint of the old Mafia mystique,” Philadelphia Inquirer crime reporter George Anastasia wrote. “Scarfo was a bully with a gun.”

Scarfo’s maternal uncles introduced him to the Mafia life.

Hot-tempered and unpredictable, Scarfo soon fell afoul of Philly’s genial Mob chief, Angelo “The Gentle Don” Bruno, an old-school gangster. Benevolent, business-like and discrete, Bruno was more Don Corleone than Don Corleone.

Bruno’s consigliere wanted the pint-sized palooka Scarfo whacked. Instead, Bruno banished him to the dying resort town of Atlantic City, N.J. in 1964.

Scarfo was so out on the fringe of Mob action, he worked as a bartender and maintenance man to make ends meet.

Then, a miracle happened. Gambling was declared legal in Atlantic City in 1976 and suddenly Scarfo was the Mob’s man with a plan, skimming millions off unions, construction, gambling and other forms of vice.

At the same time, the long peace in Philadelphia was shattered when Angelo Bruno was murdered on March 21, 1980. Scarfo’s hands were clean in the hit, but after years in the minors, he was called up to the big leagues.

Bruno’s replacement was Philip “Chicken Man” Testa, who’d been a mentor to the fast-rising gangster and appointed his protege consigliere.

Testa’s reign would be brief, ’cause as Bruce Springsteen sang in his 1982 hit “Atlantic City,” “they blew up the Chicken Man in Philly last night.”

What followed was a gangland settling of accounts nearing Biblical proportions in the City of Brotherly Love.

In the two years after Testa was obliterated by a nail-packed bomb, Scarfo drenched the streets of Philly with buckets of blood. Ten top mobsters were slaughtered.

Many more minions were given one-way tickets to the morgue. Death toll: 25.

By 1984, the lowly bookie was king of Philly, wearing his hair slicked back and bespoke suits like a poor man’s Gordon Gekko.

As Scarfo and the Philly Mob raked buckets of dough out of Atlantic City, he ruled the city and South Jersey with mercurial brutality.

Scarfo had created an unbearable climate of paranoia — crushing even lifelong criminals.

Two mobsters feared they were marked for death and, in 1987, turned canary.

Scarfo was arrested getting off a plane in Atlantic City, returning from his South Florida mansion he called Casablanca South. That was January 1987 — he would never spend another day as a free man, narrowly escaping a trip to the electric chair.

One of the finks, Nicholas Caramandi, later told the Philadelphia Daily News why he ratted.

“He could turn on you in a second,” the former hitman said. “And once he did, forget about it. It was all over for you. You might as well go to China.”

Don Corleone would not have approved.
Posted By: Azure

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/22/17 02:40 PM

Call me crazy, but I think taking a bribe to influence a decision for a monster and then ripping him off pulls you into "the life".

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/22/17 02:54 PM

Okay, preventing justice from taking its course is fine because the judge was in on it - are the people they sell drugs to in the life?

Didn't a young Scarfo along with his mentor, Skinny Razor Di Tullio, used to castrate victims and stick their balls in their own after they killed them?

I read that recently.

When you're doing stuff like that, and sticking ice picks in people, it kind of contradicts the notion of murder as simply a necessary evil of doing business in the mob.

Whatever about Angelo Bruno and the myth of him being some Santa Clause figure compared to other bosses, which may be true to a certain point, but Scarfo was clearly irredeemable and would have murdered people whether he was in the mafia or not.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/22/17 03:41 PM

So if Scarfo would've become an elementary school teacher and have no involvement with the mob. You think he would've become a serial killer? I think that is a little far fetched.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/22/17 03:50 PM

You think someone automatically becomes predisposed to murder when they join the mafia?

He had it in him, some guys don't.

You only have to look through his history to see the man had an aversion to 9-5 work, a tendency towards violence and would have lived a life of criminality whether he was in the mob or not.

It's certainly not far fetched.

I never said serial killer BTW, but he was directly involved in several and God knows how many more in truth.

Call it what you want.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/22/17 07:43 PM

Serp - The longshoreman he killed in that diner wasn't in the life, nor the judge, Edwin Helfant. And he appeared to enjoy killing Vincent Falcone a little too much for something that was just business.

New article in the Sun.

Quote:

My subject was crooner Al Martino — better known today as the man who played Johnny Fontane in the iconic Godfather saga.

Martino picked me up from the 30th Street train station in his Cadillac and told me his own sordid, Mafia-tinged tale.

At one, I asked the bartender about the city’s hyper-violent former Mafia kingpin, Nicodermo “Little Nicky” Scarfo.

The beefy barkeep, chatty and friendly to that point, put his finger to lips, then to the side of his head indicating the diminutive Mob dictator was a whacko.

Scarfo — who died in prison Jan. 13 at 87 — still instilled fear in Philadelphia more than a decade after being jailed for murder, racketeering and other crimes too numerous to mention.

At his sentencing, federal prosecutors were scathing about the well-dressed killer.

“(Scarfo) is a remorseless and profoundly evil man,” a prosecutor told the judge. “His life has been committed to the Mafia and all the negative values it represents: Greed, viciousness, treachery, deceit, and contempt for the law.”

The Brooklyn-born gangster said when he was a kid that he was going to “lick the world.”

His model was the charismatic, often witty Al Capone, but the two men couldn’t have been more different.

“There was no sense of charisma; not even a hint of the old Mafia mystique,” Philadelphia Inquirer crime reporter George Anastasia wrote. “Scarfo was a bully with a gun.”

Hot-tempered and unpredictable, Scarfo soon fell afoul of Philly’s genial Mob chief, Angelo “The Gentle Don” Bruno, an old-school gangster. Benevolent, business-like and discrete, Bruno was more Don Corleone than Don Corleone.

Bruno’s consigliere wanted the pint-sized palooka Scarfo whacked. Instead, Bruno banished him to the dying resort town of Atlantic City, N.J. in 1964.

Scarfo was so out on the fringe of Mob action, he worked as a bartender and maintenance man to make ends meet.

Then, a miracle happened. Gambling was declared legal in Atlantic City in 1976 and suddenly Scarfo was the Mob’s man with a plan, skimming millions off unions, construction, gambling and other forms of vice.

At the same time, the long peace in Philadelphia was shattered when Angelo Bruno was murdered on March 21, 1980. Scarfo’s hands were clean in the hit, but after years in the minors, he was called up to the big leagues.

Bruno’s replacement was Philip “Chicken Man” Testa, who’d been a mentor to the fast-rising gangster and appointed his protege consigliere.

Testa’s reign would be brief, ’cause as Bruce Springsteen sang in his 1982 hit “Atlantic City,” “they blew up the Chicken Man in Philly last night.”

What followed was a gangland settling of accounts nearing Biblical proportions in the City of Brotherly Love.

In the two years after Testa was obliterated by a nail-packed bomb, Scarfo drenched the streets of Philly with buckets of blood. Ten top mobsters were slaughtered.

By 1984, the lowly bookie was king of Philly, wearing his hair slicked back and bespoke suits like a poor man’s Gordon Gekko.

As Scarfo and the Philly Mob raked buckets of dough out of Atlantic City, he ruled the city and South Jersey with mercurial brutality.

Scarfo had created an unbearable climate of paranoia — crushing even lifelong criminals.

Scarfo was arrested getting off a plane in Atlantic City, returning from his South Florida mansion he called Casablanca South. That was January 1987 — he would never spend another day as a free man, narrowly escaping a trip to the electric chair.

One of the finks, Nicholas Caramandi, later told the Philadelphia Daily News why he ratted.

“He could turn on you in a second,” the former hitman said. “And once he did, forget about it. It was all over for you. You might as well go to China.”

Helfant was a crooked lawyer and municipal court judge, who had gangsters on his payroll, including one Pepe Leva.. He made a promise to Scarfo to get Virgiglio a lightened sentence; From prison Scarfo made sure Helfant was paid $6, 000 for his part, Helfant did none of what he'd promised to Scarfo and stole the $6, 000. He most certainly was "in the life".

People get this faulty idea that being "in the life" means you're a made guy in a family and thats it. "In the life" means that you're a part of the underworld, that you conduct illegal activity with and around other gangsters. Helfant was a racketeer, so he was definitely "in the life", and participated in, during his time on the other side of courts and the court system, illegal activity, at the behest of the mobsters that he'd prosecute and defend. He made his bed, and someone simply made him lie in it. And I don't know if you're aware but back during those times, but they worked hand in hand with the gangsters in their city, Helfant was no different. Again, he made his bed, he had to lie in it. Simple.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/22/17 07:45 PM

Okay, preventing justice from taking its course is fine because the judge was in on it - are the people they sell drugs to in the life?

Didn't a young Scarfo along with his mentor, Skinny Razor Di Tullio, used to castrate victims and stick their balls in their own after they killed them?

I read that recently.

When you're doing stuff like that, and sticking ice picks in people, it kind of contradicts the notion of murder as simply a necessary evil of doing business in the mob.

Whatever about Angelo Bruno and the myth of him being some Santa Clause figure compared to other bosses, which may be true to a certain point, but Scarfo was clearly irredeemable and would have murdered people whether he was in the mafia or not.

Read it where? Because Leonetti doesn't say this in his book. Caramandi doesn't say it in his book, either.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/22/17 07:54 PM

Well it depends on how much a person wants to stretch their definition of "in the life"; in which case Joseph Corozzo's kid is in the life, Barney Bellomo's daughter is in the life, Joe Massino's wife was in the life, biker gangs and mid-level street dealers are in the life.

I thought "in the life" meant this thing of ours i.e. cosa nostra, but then I am not a simple-minded moron.

Quote:
T. Barry Goas, a deputy attorney general, said Mr. Virgilio, who had been convicted of murder, paid Judge Helfant $12,500 to bribe the judge scheduled to sentence him. The bribe was never paid and Mr. Virgilio was sentenced to 12 1/2 to 15 years in prison.

''There was no quid pro quo,'' Mr. Goas said. Judge Helfant, who was on trial on charges of obstructing justice in an unrelated matter, was shot to death in a restaurant in Somers Point.

Mr. Edwards withheld the name of the sentencing judge because, he said, there was no evidence he was aware of the bribe transaction.

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/04/10/nyregion/scarfo-indicted-in-78-slaying-of-jersey-judge.html

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/22/17 07:55 PM

I read that recently.

Read it where? Because Leonetti doesn't say this in his book. Caramandi doesn't say it in his book, either.

Don't be lazy. Look for it yourself. It's on google where you find everything else you proclaim to be true.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/22/17 11:16 PM

New article in the Sun.

Quote:

Helfant was a crooked lawyer and municipal court judge, who had gangsters on his payroll, including one Pepe Leva.. He made a promise to Scarfo to get Virgiglio a lightened sentence; From prison Scarfo made sure Helfant was paid $6, 000 for his part, Helfant did none of what he'd promised to Scarfo and stole the $6, 000. He most certainly was "in the life".

People get this faulty idea that being "in the life" means you're a made guy in a family and thats it. "In the life" means that you're a part of the underworld, that you conduct illegal activity with and around other gangsters. Helfant was a racketeer, so he was definitely "in the life", and participated in, during his time on the other side of courts and the court system, illegal activity, at the behest of the mobsters that he'd prosecute and defend. He made his bed, and someone simply made him lie in it. And I don't know if you're aware but back during those times, but they worked hand in hand with the gangsters in their city, Helfant was no different. Again, he made his bed, he had to lie in it. Simple.

Yes Helfant wasn't a innocent victim I agree BUT that doesn't mean you go ahead a murder him like they did. Scarfo was just a psycho

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/23/17 02:39 PM

I read that recently.

Don't be lazy. Look for it yourself. It's on google where you find everything else you proclaim to be true.
Not again w/u2..u guy's have been layin' off each other 4 a while now, can't u keep it that way & b happy posters?

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/23/17 04:06 PM

I just asked a question.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/23/17 04:08 PM

New article in the Sun.

Quote:

Yes Helfant wasn't a innocent victim I agree BUT that doesn't mean you go ahead a murder him like they did. Scarfo was just a psycho

He stole money, from gangsters, whom he was fully aware of the fact that they were gangsters. He associated with and had gangsters on his payroll, ie Pepe Leva. He was apart of that life and involved himself in it's activities. I don't understand this logic of he didn't deserve what happened to him, considering all of that.
Posted By: Giacomo

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/23/17 04:19 PM

The story about castrating a guy and putting his balls in his own mouth after killing him actually does appear in Leonetti's book, though as an anecdote from Leonetti--in one of those bold quoted sections where you get the sense the ghostwriter was like "I think I'm gonna make sure I don't claim this as a fact, but let Leonetti say it in his own words."

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/23/17 04:21 PM

Mind telling me what page?

EDIT: My mistake, found it. It's on page 28, and the quote is of one guy, singular, one victim, "The Huckster". That's the only mention of anyone being castrated post-mortem.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/23/17 05:19 PM

Look he was a mafia boss at a time when treason and murder were all around him with his bosses before him .

He was a stone cold killer and borderline mental but if you look at all the others before him with bodies he looks like a regular guy.

The restaurant murder was self-defense Nick was small the longshoreman was huge there was a knife (what would you do) if you are a made guy or in the life you are killing the guy .

Start counting the bodies of people in NY that were not made that disappeared or chopped up or left to die "thousands" it's the life back then.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/23/17 05:33 PM

Exactly. People fail to mention the fact that the Longshoreman murder was self defense and I believe even classified as such, which was the reason Scarfo got a manslaughter charge for that, if I'm not mistaken. I could be.

Either way, the situation was a spur of the moment altercation, not a contracted hit. And Scarfo was the smaller guy in the fight and did what he had to.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/23/17 06:38 PM

I just asked a question.
I know, SC ,but the guy automatically takes offense & runs w/it..u saw the answer he shot back....nothing personal moe,,but I like love not war..an old hippie if u will.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/23/17 07:35 PM

nothing personal moe,,but I like love not war..an old hippie if u will.

Hoodlum, Fuk that GUY!

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/25/17 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: njcapo35

Hoodlum, Fuk that GUY!
Originally Posted By: njcapo35

Hoodlum, Fuk that GUY!
ohh?!!

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/25/17 01:37 PM

Does anyone think there actually will b a movie made about the little scumbag,if done right, it would b a doozie..maybe martin scorseze could finance & beef it up a bit ...no?? T always thought BLOOD & Honor WOULD MAKE A GOOD FLICK..thoughts???

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/25/17 01:41 PM

Does anyone think there actually will b a movie made about the little scumbag,if done right, it would b a doozie..maybe martin scorseze could finance & beef it up a bit ...no?? T always thought BLOOD & Honor WOULD MAKE A GOOD FLICK..thoughts???

It may have been in the works before Phil did " Mafia Prince " and other things have been going on just this last week .

That does not mean it's a fact but many things are looking like there are talks.

It's possible that there is a follow up book but I doubt that's the reason that the people were meeting.

Never know...

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/25/17 01:47 PM

"Thank God for the American Jury System..and an Honest jury" would sound perfect coming out the mouth of Joe Pesci..
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/25/17 02:00 PM

I think Pesci's too old to play Scarfo, no? With make up, he'd look like a clown.He's 73 years old. Who do you think would be good Phil?
Posted By: PHL_Mob

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/25/17 02:12 PM

I've always thought a movie on the Scarfo era or Blood & Honor would be awesome and seriously high quality stuff if done right. I mean you don't even need to fictionalize anything the actual true story is great material in itself. I've always pictured Joe Pesce playing a good Scarfo. He is on the older side though (73 years old) so if that wasn't an option then I think Frankie Valli (played Rusty Millio in Sopranos) would be another solid option. In terms of Leonetti, I think that Michael Imperioli (also from Sopranos- played Chris Moltisanti) would be a good fit.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/25/17 02:14 PM

Joe Pesci is 73? Wow. And yeah, Frankie Valli would do great, but isn't he on the older side as well nowadays? And I agree also that Michael Imperioli can do Leonetti just fine.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/25/17 02:18 PM

I always thought the vincent falcone murder was totally unnecessary and quite indictative of scarfo's treachery.
It always seemed as though he was killed for fun as if he looked for an excuse to have his nephew commit his first murder.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/25/17 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
I always thought the vincent falcone murder was totally unnecessary and quite indictative of scarfo's treachery.
It always seemed as though he was killed for fun as if he looked for an excuse to have his nephew commit his first murder.

I don't think that was his first ... I also think Vince and Phil did a couple that the Feds did not put out there.

Vince was no different then any of these guys .... he was a killer also ...

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/25/17 04:50 PM

Joe Pesci is 73? Wow. And yeah, Frankie Valli would do great, but isn't he on the older side as well nowadays? And I agree also that Michael Imperioli can do Leonetti just fine.

Frankie Valli would be good ... No doubt Pesci although have not seen him in years.

It's amazing the movie would do great if done top notch ... The American people greet Nick as if he was Al Capone !!!

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/25/17 04:58 PM

They also could film in Ducktown , just as long as they kick all the Mexicans out and hire Italian actors. Angeloni's, Angelo's, White House, etc are all still in the neighborhood and the distinct neighborhood houses are all still in tact....

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/25/17 05:20 PM

They also could film in Ducktown , just as long as they kick all the Mexicans out and hire Italian actors. Angeloni's, Angelo's, White House, etc are all still in the neighborhood and the distinct neighborhood houses are all still in tact....

Couple of the old Italian bakeries are still there also the meat market at the corner is still the same building but different folks .

Bass Pro shop is where several old bars we used to go to and Skinnys 500 club is where there paring lot is now , but yea they could get away with it .

Vagabond is the old Teddy's but the building is same ...

Sure Phil will fill them in for a small fee !!!
Posted By: mike68

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/25/17 05:21 PM

Start the movie in prison with the Pesci or Valli playing the current day Scarfo looking back on his soon to be ending life. Then go back with a younger actor playing the younger Scarfo.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/25/17 05:26 PM

The perfect young Nick sr would be a younger " Martin Sheen "

And on a dark side of this if they do anything I hope they get the story right his son Mark and all the lies that have been spread about him in and around the time of his suicide .

Mark was pretty normal " well as normal as you can get growing up in that house .

The kid was a good kid but did same shit most kids do when they get a little cash or power .

Trust me he was one of the best kids I knew ( obviously had some mental torment ) but millions of kids his age have that but most get help ..

He did not have that luxury in that family !!!
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/25/17 08:39 PM

You don't always have to get an actor that looks like the real thing. It worked with Jack Nicholson and The Departed. Yes it was loosely based off Whitey and another movie, but he nailed being an Irish gangster in Southie.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/26/17 02:22 AM

The perfect young Nick sr would be a younger " Martin Sheen "

Always thought that myself.

If they were going to bring the Scarfo era story to screen I'd say they should make it a mini-series. Too many murders to fit into 120 minutes!

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/26/17 07:35 AM

Well, Vincent Falcone wasn't Phils first murder. The Louie DeMarco hit was, Falcone participated in this murder as well, as a shooter and along with Leonetti, emptied an entire clip into DeMarco. And Falcone had been a trusted member of the Scarfo group since the early 70's, he was a wannabe just like Leonetti was, but once Nicky began to rise in the Philadelphia crime family, he felt Falcone & his best friend Alfredo Ferrara (I think thats what his last name was) were dead weight. So he planned to have Falcone kill Alfredo, as a way to separate them, as Nicky felt threatened by the two and their closeness. Alfredo ends up disappearing and isn't seen around Ducktown anymore. One night, Chuckie & Lawrence Merlino run into Falcone one night, and whose he with? None other than Alfredo Ferrara, so the Merlino's end up drinking with them and getting them wasted, and they start talking, Falcone starts to say that Scarfo is crazy and he and Leonetti have no business in the concrete business...Falcone's fate was sealed right there, as Nicky & Phil basically felt that Falcone stopped following orders and was talking submersive about Phil & his uncle.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/26/17 08:10 PM

Thats a wise choice..

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/26/17 08:14 PM

I don't think that was his first ... I also think Vince and Phil did a couple that the Feds did not put out there.

Vince was no different then any of these guys .... he was a killer also ...
Pepa Leva & the guy b4 him??

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/26/17 08:20 PM

I know.. that's a trip..and the real house as well..26 N. Georgia Ave..

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/26/17 08:22 PM

I know.. that's a trip..and the real house as well..26 N. Georgia Ave..
Serp could b technical consultant..lol..!!!

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/26/17 08:26 PM

Well, Vincent Falcone wasn't Phils first murder. The Louie DeMarco hit was, Falcone participated in this murder as well, as a shooter and along with Leonetti, emptied an entire clip into DeMarco. And Falcone had been a trusted member of the Scarfo group since the early 70's, he was a wannabe just like Leonetti was, but once Nicky began to rise in the Philadelphia crime family, he felt Falcone & his best friend Alfredo Ferrara (I think thats what his last name was) were dead weight. So he planned to have Falcone kill Alfredo, as a way to separate them, as Nicky felt threatened by the two and their closeness. Alfredo ends up disappearing and isn't seen around Ducktown anymore. One night, Chuckie & Lawrence Merlino run into Falcone one night, and whose he with? None other than Alfredo Ferrara, so the Merlino's end up drinking with them and getting them wasted, and they start talking, Falcone starts to say that Scarfo is crazy and he and Leonetti have no business in the concrete business...Falcone's fate was sealed right there, as Nicky & Phil basically felt that Falcone stopped following orders and was talking submersive about Phil & his uncle.
I could (am) make a great Phil Disney.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/28/17 02:32 PM

Serp, when Scarfo banished the Merlino brothers. Could they have challenged Scarfo? E.g. If Chuckie refused to step down, he had his crew. But obviously Scarfo took away his power by handing it over to Tommy del... which clipped his wings

But let's just say Chuckie refused to accept it, would his crew along with Laurence's crew/ plus young Joey (Merlino took over not too long after, so he had his young bucks at the time too) mount a defence against Scarfo. And his toughest capo Sal Testa wasn't around for obvious reasons

Scarfo was a maniac but he wasn't bullet proof either. He was usually only with the blade who was in jail by then, his nephew, and walked around with Grande and Milano brothers etc

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/29/17 02:47 AM

Yogi cam up to me at the cafe at Mississippi and Atlantic ave and said Nick just knocked me down .... He was more hurt then pissed at that moment.

Later that night Phil met us and told Yogi to let it lay .

But I am sure there was some shit going on ...

At that point he'd full control and they had no shot at doing anything.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/29/17 10:48 AM

Was Phil a lil snake in this whole thing, he obviously liked or rather benefited from the situation. In his book he told Chuckie the same thing- not to come down etc

In your opinion Serp, was there ever any truth to the allegations- that Chuckie had "treason" on his mind. Faffy & Tommy D also benefited

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/29/17 02:13 PM

I was not part of there business, I only herd stuff that was not damaging to them . I herd more stuff from the girls of these guys, many were neighborhood girls .

There was never a time did they talk business in front of me , stuff like Yogi that was not news back then " it was just every day life , they did not consider that stuff private .
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/29/17 03:28 PM

I was not part of there business, I only herd stuff that was not damaging to them . I herd more stuff from the girls of these guys, many were neighborhood girls .

There was never a time did they talk business in front of me , stuff like Yogi that was not news back then " it was just every day life , they did not consider that stuff private .

Serp,
How was the wake???

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/29/17 03:30 PM

I can see them speaking amongst each other and other guys from the neighborhood who may not have been involved in the illegal aspect of things, and how things like being "knocked down" wouldn't be considered private to them. You're speaking mostly around and too guys you've grown up with and known your whole life. I think that's plausible.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/29/17 05:20 PM

I can see them speaking amongst each other and other guys from the neighborhood who may not have been involved in the illegal aspect of things, and how things like being "knocked down" wouldn't be considered private to them. You're speaking mostly around and too guys you've grown up with and known your whole life. I think that's plausible.

Yes they did speak freely but as soon as something like treason that would have " been "kept quiet.

As far as being knocked down that night Yogi was with five or six of us and we were drinking and shooting pool and told the news several times .

Being knocked down is the kind of news that's gets around sort of a punishment type a thing .

And that was Yogi he spoke his mind to a certain point !!

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/29/17 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi

Serp,

How was the wake???

There was no service .... can not go into why but no service.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/30/17 09:00 AM

Damn- no service. That's odd
Posted By: Regoparker100

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/30/17 06:29 PM

I know Scarfo had good relations with the Genovese (and had his son Nicky Jr made into the Lucchese family so Joey Merlino won't be able to whack him), but what were his relationships with the other families (especially the DeCavalcante, New England, Gambino, Bonanno, and Colombo families) like?

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/30/17 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Regoparker100
I know Scarfo had good relations with the Genovese (and had his son Nicky Jr made into the Lucchese family so Joey Merlino won't be able to whack him), but what were his relationships with the other families (especially the DeCavalcante, New England, Gambino, Bonanno, and Colombo families) like?

During those years and the five years after there was the biggest shift in leadership in the mob since its conception .

If all the bosses were not all getting prepared for life sentences and the Feds did not have all the electronics to get these guys on tape weather it was free talk or a snitch trapping them it was a very scary time for them .

But if it was years prior all the snitches and turncoat would have been dealt with in all the families .

It was the beginning of the end !!!

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/30/17 08:41 PM

What is the earliest that Nick Jr. can get out, considering he is a model prisoner?

I wonder what his plans will be at age 82? Did he and his dad have a final conversation with Sr. telling Jr., you HAVE to get Merlino for what he did to you and us.
If Jr. was able to hold power for his father in jail, the Stanfa-Merlino war may never have taken place...Believe that was a pipe dream though. No one respected Scarfo enough to keep fighting for his vision.

It would also be prettty crazy if Merlino is STILL the boss 30 years from now.
He could potentially be in power longer than Persico and Maggadino.

SOMEONE will make a move in 30 years time, come on, It's Philly!
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/30/17 10:09 PM

Merlino will be in prison in 30 years if he's still alive. I don't see anyone making no moves on him, he's too high profiled and is probably being watched by the Feds 24/7 any way, so why risk it?
Posted By: Ted

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/30/17 10:54 PM

Nicky, Jr. will be 73 when he is released.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/31/17 02:57 PM

What is the earliest that Nick Jr. can get out, considering he is a model prisoner?

I wonder what his plans will be at age 82? Did he and his dad have a final conversation with Sr. telling Jr., you HAVE to get Merlino for what he did to you and us.
If Jr. was able to hold power for his father in jail, the Stanfa-Merlino war may never have taken place...Believe that was a pipe dream though. No one respected Scarfo enough to keep fighting for his vision.

It would also be prettty crazy if Merlino is STILL the boss 30 years from now.
He could potentially be in power longer than Persico and Maggadino.

SOMEONE will make a move in 30 years time, come on, It's Philly!

Yea, thats not happening.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/31/17 11:49 PM

So was there no funeral service for Nicky?

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/02/17 05:01 PM

One quote sticks in my mind that Nick Caramandi said

"spike told me he would rather have trouble with 50 tough guys than Scarfo because he will never let u off"

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/03/17 04:55 PM

Was Phil a lil snake in this whole thing, he obviously liked or rather benefited from the situation. In his book he told Chuckie the same thing- not to come down etc

In your opinion Serp, was there ever any truth to the allegations- that Chuckie had "treason" on his mind. Faffy & Tommy D also benefited

Tony : if he had people behind him it never came out and Yogi was still coming around less but coming around .

His family and wife were down in Ventnor so he did not have to come far.

He did keep a apartment in Nicks moms building cos of the on again and off again relationship he had , and Yogi was a drinker also and loved the nightlife.

Phil always had a angle, he learned from his uncle that no matter what happens you make the fall out to benefit him .

Just like he is doing right now.

But the stuff about Chucky I never herd any proof or solid hearsay after , but it's not like now days you are waiting, back then it was different you did not pay it any mind.

But Skinny remembered everything Nick said and as soon as the entire family was locked up he started making his payback.

Chuckle was bad with booze and would drive from AC down beach with no thought .

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/03/17 05:48 PM

Wonder if in the end scarfo had a slight respect for joey after killing his way to the top going to trial a few times for a couple murders and still being the boss to this day.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/03/17 06:52 PM

RE: Scarfo's murder of the longshoreman.

I'm pretty positive Scarfo started that fight by throwing his weight around and ordering the longshoreman out of his seat.

But by all means if someone starting a confrontation, escalating it, throwing the first punch and fatally stabbing someone after getting his ass handed to him is "self-defense" then so be it.

I'm also pretty positive I read Scarfo had company when it happened.

Just like Merlino and Gotti, it isn't the modus operandi of guys like Scarfo to fight one on one.

Gang assault is the name of the game.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/03/17 07:12 PM

Thanks Serp for the insight

Wasn't it just bad timing Nicky decided to pull down Chucky after all them yrs & not long after- they're all locked up. Joey would have had to share power with Nick jr possibly

And Scarfo that maniac really messed up playing the tough guy telling a roomful of guys," if he makes one move I'll kill him and his entire family"

Skinny definitely made him pay for them sleepless nights he caused

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/03/17 07:15 PM

RE: Scarfo's murder of the longshoreman.

I'm pretty positive Scarfo started that fight by throwing his weight around and ordering the longshoreman out of his seat.

But by all means if someone starting a confrontation, escalating it, throwing the first punch and fatally stabbing someone after getting his ass handed to him is "self-defense" then so be it.

I'm also pretty positive I read Scarfo had company when it happened.

Just like Merlino and Gotti, it isn't the modus operandi of guys like Scarfo to fight one on one.

Gang assault is the name of the game.

Nicky was with 2 others I believe one being Chuckie according to Leonetti

Scarfo fancied himself a tough guy and loved recounting that story... too bad he needed a dead Irish man to play the part

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/03/17 07:48 PM

Not for nothing but scarfo was a boxer i believe gotti wasnt and merlino was a jockey. So scarfo probaly had better hands then most mob guys even if he was the size of connor McGregor

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/03/17 07:49 PM

Think they were exactly the same size.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/03/17 11:10 PM

Thanks Serp for the insight

Wasn't it just bad timing Nicky decided to pull down Chucky after all them yrs & not long after- they're all locked up. Joey would have had to share power with Nick jr possibly

And Scarfo that maniac really messed up playing the tough guy telling a roomful of guys," if he makes one move I'll kill him and his entire family"

Skinny definitely made him pay for them sleepless nights he caused

Yeah he was at a manic point ! He played by the rules and all the treason sine before Bruno must of been running through his mind.

But there had to be something he did not tell anyone that Chucky did , maybe he did tell Phil and that may be the only person that knows.

But he had the power to take him down without going to NY and I don't think he did go and touch back with anyone, but what do I know.

There is one thing if Chucky did not do anything then Nick seen something that was just weird behavior from Chuckie and Nick read it wrong .

There is all the guys in Philly that was in his ear and kept it up .

But yeah he was over the line saying he would make the whole family pay.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/03/17 11:31 PM

Most guys back in the day ( if you lived in a city) did some boxing. There was a boxing club on every corner. I am inclined to be skeptical of Scarfo's boxing skills.
Boxing has absolutely no barriers to entry and is very easy to become pro and create the illusion that you are a skilled fighter.
Look at chuck zito who claims he was a golden gloves fighter.. big deal!!! Anyone can enter the gloves. Did he actually win the gloves.? No

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/06/17 09:24 PM

Belmont: I think you are right , Nick loved the sport but I never seen him in the courtyard of his property hitting a bag or even when the boys got older did not have heavy bags hanging in the yard under the porches or decks.( he did have pictures and gloves in his office and the big one he got from Rocky Marciano brother )

The time with the longshoremen I am sure he was pushed , he was the type to let you say something and walk away to wait a day or a year or ten years to come back at you.

And also about the longshoremen and Bruno banishing or not liking Nick is bullshit !!! And it's been told by family as bullshit for as long as I can remember.

Bruno would be at Nicks in the summer many times ..... trust me when you see the Boss of the Philly mob come down Georgia ave that in the summer would be packed with kids in the street cos the schoolyard was right there and we used it and the street as a ball field , so people would know when when Bruno was coming up the street not always but often.

Bruno kept Nick close cos of his uncles Bruno knew there was no love there so he had a edge keeping tract of the family on that end.

Nick was not banished he took over his skippers rackets and his family was here , it all came around the same time.

It's is not like every soldier was making a fortune in Philly back then so Nick knew that all the many many mob guys from NY and other groups were getting very old in AC and knew it would be all his.

Don't forget 20 years before Nick came here you had a major underworld figure evevy three blocks !!!!!

AC was no joke , it was loaded with mob guys cos it was excepted .

Every mayor did time or was totally involved in illegal activity until the 90s !!!!

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/06/17 09:37 PM

Not for nothing but scarfo was a boxer i believe gotti wasnt and merlino was a jockey. So scarfo probaly had better hands then most mob guys even if he was the size of connor McGregor

McGregor is 5 ft. 9.

I've seen Scarfo listed everywhere from 5 ft. 2 to 5 ft. 6 but I'm inclined to believe he's around 5 ft. 4 cos he wore lifts.

So, no, Scarfo and McGregor are nowhere near the same height.

McGregor is the same height as Gotti and just one or two inches shorter than Gigante, Massino & Castellano - who are all considered tall.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/06/17 11:02 PM

Scarfo was a mean guy but when they stuck him in that Texas jail by the border... I bet he didn't dare bother anyone

& luckily for him he had money to hire two bodyguards who happened to be very loyal

Back then Mexico was a different place, if he tried that now. They'd likely blackmail him for all he has and still chop off his head- for fun

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/07/17 01:01 AM

Scarfo was a mean guy but when they stuck him in that Texas jail by the border... I bet he didn't dare bother anyone

& luckily for him he had money to hire two bodyguards who happened to be very loyal

Back then Mexico was a different place, if he tried that now. They'd likely blackmail him for all he has and still chop off his head- for fun

He had at least two of those guys employed as bodyguards even after he got of La Tuna. According to Mafia Prince, Scarfo & the two mexicans remained friends.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/07/17 01:54 AM

I don't know for sure, but maybe the Church would not do one because he had murders to his name? If I remember right, they did not do one for Gotti either.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/07/17 01:59 AM

They didn't do one for Galante.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/07/17 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Fleming_Ave

I don't know for sure, but maybe the Church would not do one because he had murders to his name? If I remember right, they did not do one for Gotti either.

That had nothing to do with why there was not one held.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/07/17 02:53 AM

Belmont: I think you are right , Nick loved the sport but I never seen him in the courtyard of his property hitting a bag or even when the boys got older did not have heavy bags hanging in the yard under the porches or decks.( he did have pictures and gloves in his office and the big one he got from Rocky Marciano brother )

The time with the longshoremen I am sure he was pushed , he was the type to let you say something and walk away to wait a day or a year or ten years to come back at you.

And also about the longshoremen and Bruno banishing or not liking Nick is bullshit !!! And it's been told by family as bullshit for as long as I can remember.

Bruno would be at Nicks in the summer many times ..... trust me when you see the Boss of the Philly mob come down Georgia ave that in the summer would be packed with kids in the street cos the schoolyard was right there and we used it and the street as a ball field , so people would know when when Bruno was coming up the street not always but often.

Bruno kept Nick close cos of his uncles Bruno knew there was no love there so he had a edge keeping tract of the family on that end.

Nick was not banished he took over his skippers rackets and his family was here , it all came around the same time.

It's is not like every soldier was making a fortune in Philly back then so Nick knew that all the many many mob guys from NY and other groups were getting very old in AC and knew it would be all his.

Don't forget 20 years before Nick came here you had a major underworld figure evevy three blocks !!!!!

Every mayor did time or was totally involved in illegal activity until the 90s !!!!
Serp..Was'nt skinny razors territory also A.C.??...that would also make sense for nick...

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/07/17 04:20 PM

So there was np funeral for Scarfo?

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/07/17 04:54 PM

Serp..Was'nt skinny razors territory also A.C.??...that would also make sense for nick...

Yes and a few other things he grabbed from other ethnic mobsters.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/07/17 06:42 PM

I cant believe skinny's old Family Lounge is still operating @ 8th & Washington..run by a distant relative I assume,,very dingy inside!I know that's going off topic,sorry.
Posted By: PHL_Mob

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/08/17 12:25 AM

I cant believe skinny's old Family Lounge is still operating @ 8th & Washington..run by a distant relative I assume,,very dingy inside!I know that's going off topic,sorry.

It's called Friendly's Lounge... Pretty sure Scarfo murdered someone in there too, but I can't remember exactly. I'll ask next time I'm in there haha not

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/08/17 07:23 AM

Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob

It's called Friendly's Lounge... Pretty sure Scarfo murdered someone in there too, but I can't remember exactly. I'll ask next time I'm in there haha not
u know when i was posting that i had a feeling something was off about the name..thanx & i drive by it all the time ..gettin'old.
Posted By: yatescj7

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/08/17 08:34 AM

1039 South 8th Street. Skinny Razor's Philly HQ but the license was held by Scarfo's Capo Freddy Iezzi who was made Capo after Skinny Razor died. Iezzi late transferred the license to his wife. I've heard Skinny Razor set up guys to be killed there, maybe Scarfo was involved, but I have seen no stories that say he was involved with any particular murder there.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/08/17 11:25 PM

1039 South 8th Street. Skinny Razor's Philly HQ but the license was held by Scarfo's Capo Freddy Iezzi who was made Capo after Skinny Razor died. Iezzi late transferred the license to his wife. I've heard Skinny Razor set up guys to be killed there, maybe Scarfo was involved, but I have seen no stories that say he was involved with any particular murder there.
Exactly..Frank Sheeran claims he used 2 meet Phil Testa & Angie in there to get certain orders as a favor from Russel Buffalino.. & they were as well known 4 their bbq rib dinners..where did they fit the so called crowds i read about, i often wondered..maybe the place was a little bigger back in the day?..

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/10/17 04:55 PM

It's a stretch to call anyone in that life likeable, but I think Harry Riccobene comported himself very well in this documentary.

Posted By: guero

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/11/17 02:25 PM

I'm a Screenwriter, who lived in and around Philly for around 20 years, and I would love to develop a series about Phil's life.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/11/17 06:06 PM

[quote=guero]I'm a Screenwriter, who lived in and around Philly for around 20 years, and I would love to develop a series about Phil's life. [/quo.

You maybe a few weeks late .

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 02/11/17 07:01 PM

There a actor on Netflix like gave hes detective scarf. Hes the spitting image of scarfo probably why his name is scarf. Late 40tys there's your man. Like cage pretty good show good soundtrack.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/02/20 12:09 PM

I am surprised nothing of a Netflix series or a major motion picture or even another book deal has not come forward yet .

That don’t mean it’s not because they have Phil L to fill in every person every murder every storyline and tons of shit Phil didn’t put in his book.

A while back I seen him on Georgia ave in his favorite restaurant and he was sitting with and waiting for the people that did his first book .

I don’t know how long it takes to get shit off the ground for something that big because they could easy do a 5 - 8 seasons on Netflix just from Bruno to Nicks death .

But there is way way to much money to not do it so guess it’s wait and see but something will happen because Phil knows the dollar figure of something like that and it will pay.

It could be down to quality holding it up because we all know how a bad film can ruin the entire thing.

And really who doesn’t know the story of Philly NY Detroit Boston ect . Mafia it would be a $$$$$$$$

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/02/20 03:16 PM

sopranos was so good and based in new jersey i dont think any company would try to compete with it thats why they did the boardwalk empire show whiich was based almost 100yrs pre tony soprano. dont think they can do a mafia show the idea been beat to death.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/02/20 03:17 PM

side note does scarfo sr have a headstone a some cemtery in NJ? did he get burried.
Posted By: MolochioInduced

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/02/20 04:21 PM

Wow! This would be epic! The jersey thing, most definitely bring the Sopranos to mind. South Philly would be cool, as well as Scarfo having connections with the Commission, Florida with Lansky and Canada. I believe that it’s rumoured that Nicodemo Scarfo was involved in the murder of the Fox, Paul Volpe.
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/02/20 04:35 PM

If Netflix or whoever did a series between late 70's to the late 80's, A show based in AC and Philly would be awesome.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/02/20 04:44 PM

I forgot hbo has a sopranos movie coming out im guessing it takes place when tony was a kid 60tys 70tys. Havent seen the trialer it was filmed awhile ago im betting its released soon. It would cost aton of money to replicate AC OR south philly in the 70tys even parts of the irishman film lookes a little cheezy. If anyone could do it HBO

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/02/20 10:39 PM

What I am saying is Scarfo is the Al Capone of 80’s & 90’s ( on smaller scale )not in earnings but in mob a lore from folks that just know a little, regular folks.

Just like Sopranos the masses watched it , not so much people in the life because not enough of them to sustain a series or a show .
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. - 01/03/20 02:11 AM

A philly mob biopic - why has this not been seriously discussed?! From Bruno whacking to joey merlino early era when bodies were still dropping. 3 movies there. Small family, smaller cheaper filiming locations s.philly and AC. Has this ever been considered by a film company?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET