Home

Do u need a unanimous vote to be boss?

Posted By: Tonytough

Do u need a unanimous vote to be boss? - 01/09/17 03:08 PM

At Gotti's crowning-

the family meeting where Sammy alleges him and Angelo stood guard for intimidation purposes and Frankie Decicco nominates Gotti.... had Jimmy brown, Marino, Gaggi (was still around post Paulie hit if I recall correctly, Gallo, Joe
butch and Anthony Scotto (yes Joe Butch was friendly with Gotti but I've heard he didn't like what Gotti did early on) all spoke up and said they had the Chin's support since a commission rule
was broken and they do not recognise Gotti as boss

We could have another 3
Capos murder scenario granted this is more than 3 captains. And I highly doubt Gotti wanted a war ( I'm sure he was aware there could have been a war) for the Paul hit both with the Chin and Paul's side. But in his mind he was in a do or die situation with Paul (shown in the Cirelli apartment tapes) where he tells Frankie lo he believed Paul was gonna whack him. And Frankie disagrees.

Gotti was just banking on everyone falling in line which is exactly what happened publicly. But yes had a lot of them spoken up, would LcN rules back then dictate he needed a majority or unanimous vote ?
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Do u need a unanimous vote to be boss? - 01/09/17 10:34 PM

I don't think you need a unanimous vote to be boss or win a commission ruling for that matter.

However, I'm pretty sure the captains could see the writing on the wall. Even if Jimmy Brown, Marino, Gaggi, Joe Butch or others felt that strongly about it, there was something like 22 captains at that point so it is possible that they would not be in the majority. Better to wait it out and let the Commission deal with it rather than formally oppose your boss and start a war.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Do u need a unanimous vote to be boss? - 01/10/17 03:15 AM

There are no secret ballots for Dons within families. I suppose the vote doesn't have to be unanimous to elect a Don (if there's an election). But, if you're one of the captains who voted "no," and the guy you voted against becomes Don, better make sure your life insurance policy is paid up.
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Do u need a unanimous vote to be boss? - 01/10/17 07:20 AM

A pretty good question, the only thing I would say is it's a BIG assumption that all these crews are equal.......

@MightyDR

Sums it up pretty well.....
Posted By: Belette

Re: Do u need a unanimous vote to be boss? - 01/10/17 09:56 AM

Well as I understand it, you don't really vote yes or no. If you have a better idea about who should become boss, you name them as a candidate. In the Gotti case I don't think there was another candidate, so it was unanimous in this case.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Do u need a unanimous vote to be boss? - 01/10/17 05:21 PM

Vic Orena told Sessa to poll the capos if they will back him as boss but Sessa told everything to persico and started tge war.
I think that if you have the most powerful capos on your side you can easly became boss.
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: Do u need a unanimous vote to be boss? - 01/16/17 06:44 PM

..I think now It's The Odd finger...lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET