Home

Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence

Posted By: MrWilliams

Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/04/17 10:40 PM

President-elect Donald Trump said Monday that if Mayor Rahm Emanuel can’t turn the tide on Chicago's soaring murder rate, Washington may need to step in.

Trump, who frequently cited Chicago’s violence during the presidential campaign, tweeted about The Windy City a day after the Chicago Police Department released year-end crime stats showing homicide numbers that dwarfed those of New York and Los Angeles combined.

“Chicago murder rate is record setting - 4,331 shooting victims with 762 murders in 2016. If Mayor can't do it he must ask for Federal help!” Trump tweeted.

Most of the Chicago statistics were grim, showing the nation’s third-largest city recorded 1,100 more shooting incidents than in 2015 and had homicides spike by 278 – the largest increase in 60 years.

Trump and Emanuel broached the topic of Chicago’s surging violence during a Dec. 7 sit-down. While Emanuel later told reporters most of the meeting focused on immigration, infrastructure and education, he also acknowledged the two had “talked about public safety.”

A spokesman for Emanuel released a statement Sunday, obtained by The Chicago Tribune, that alluded to the December meeting, but did not directly address Trump’s call for possible federal intervention.

“As the president-elect knows from his conversation with the mayor, we agree the federal government has a strong role to play in public safety by funding summer jobs and prevention programming for at-risk youth, by holding the criminals who break our gun laws accountable for their crimes, by passing meaningful gun laws, and by building on the partnerships our police have with federal law enforcement,” the statement from Adam Collins said. “We are heartened he is taking this issue seriously and look forward to working with the new administration on these important efforts.”

Sunday’s tweet wasn’t the first time Trump has taken a public swipe at Emanuel’s handling of the violence epidemic. During an August interview with Fox News' Bill O’Reilly on “The O’Reilly Factor", Trump said Chicago's crime problem couldn’t be solved “because they don’t have the right people in charge.”

“When I was in Chicago, I got to meet a couple of very tough police,” Trump said. “I said, ‘How do you stop this? How do you stop this? If you were put in charge to a specific person, do you think you could stop this?’ He said, ‘Mr. Trump I would be able to stop it in one week,’ and I believed him 100 percent.”

On the campaign trail, Trump also backed the use of the controversial stop-and-frisk tactic, saying “Chicago needs” it.

“But they asked me about Chicago and I think stop-and-frisk with good strong, you know, good strong law and order,” Trump said during a September event. “But you have to do something. It can’t continue the way it’s going.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/...ll-step-in.html
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/04/17 10:50 PM

lol.
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/04/17 11:45 PM

I'm not political but fuck stop and frisk
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 01:20 AM

Chicago needs Marshall law to be strongly enforced
Posted By: merlino

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 02:18 AM

time for stop and frisk and the national guard for these animals

http://nypost.com/2017/01/04/special-needs-man-tortured-while-attackers-stream-it-on-facebook/
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 02:28 AM

seems as though Chicago's murder rate is really out of control, gone on way too long, one reason may be that cons getting early release from prisons. the cons that get out go right back to what they did before,the numbers of repeat offenders In Chicago is astounding, some answers may be unconstitutional like stop and frisk, but, what else can you do? if you want to stop the killing.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 02:29 AM

I can only imagine Trump's national guard increasing the killing, not stopping it.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
seems as though Chicago's murder rate is really out of control, gone on way too long, one reason may be that cons getting early release from prisons. the cons that get out go right back to what they did before,the numbers of repeat offenders In Chicago is astounding, some answers may be unconstitutional like stop and frisk, but, what else can you do? if you want to stop the killing.

Chicago's murder numbers were higher in the 1990's. This isn't a new epidemic and the only reason it's brought up consistently in the national media is so people can use it to make political statements.

As for guys getting out of the can early being the cause, guys have been getting out and going to jail every day forever, there's no sudden huge influx of ex-cons headed only to Chicago. Most of the shootings being done out there are by guys 25 and under who have likely never done a long stretch if any time at all.
Posted By: helenwheels

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella

Marshall law sounds like a good idea. Martial law however, would be terrible.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 03:02 AM

@rollinbones

there is a big difference between murder in the 90s and murders in 2k10s

i can gurantee u that no more than 70 out of the 740 murders were ordered or organized crime related

just drug babies on drugs killing people

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By: helenwheels

Is Marshall Law where you never pay full price?

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan

Is Marshall Law where you never pay full price?

And they let you pay in installments, on the Marshall Plan. Its quite popular in Europe.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 04:03 AM

I lived there briefly, I'm not sure Chicago can be fixed.

Love the Marshall plan sarcasm🙂 Couldn't agree more
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 04:12 AM

The violence was more intense when I was growing up. But controlled, and somewhat confined to the gangs.

This shit today is mostly nonsense. They could use a Larry Hoover or a Chuck Dorsey to keep a lid on these guys...

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By: alicecooper
I lived there briefly, I'm not sure Chicago can be fixed.

Love the Marshall plan sarcasm🙂 Couldn't agree more

Im kicking myself for not making a Marshall Field's joke wink

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 04:32 AM

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
The violence was more intense when I was growing up. But controlled, and somewhat confined to the gangs.

This shit today is mostly nonsense. They could use a Larry Hoover or a Chuck Dorsey to keep a lid on these guys...

Yep. They take the OGs off the streets and wonder why the young Gs are going wild. There used to be a few rules out there.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 05:10 AM

would legalizing drugs be somewhat of an answer?
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 05:19 AM

Chicago been hitting over 200+ since the Prohibition era and only went through the roof since. What have politics done within the last 90 years to get it down to the 200s?

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 05:21 AM

If there is a single action that could do the most that would be it. But even then...

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 05:43 AM

Quick question,

If NYC was able to get its 1,000+ murder rates in the 70's and 80's under control to about 200 at most today. Why can't Chicago?

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 05:58 AM

NYC finished the year with around 330 murders. Still great for the size but not quite '200 at most'. I would say a driving factor is gentrification. In New York, it's rapid citywide and even beginning to reach the Bronx.

In Chicago, outside of a few neighborhoods it's not happening at all. There are still huge stretches of neighborhoods in the West and South sides with very little economic development, full of abandoned buildings. Just like in NYC back in the day, it's an environment that breeds social ills. Little economy outside the illegal, subpar schools, etc.

Of course I'm not trying to say that that's the only factor, just a significant one.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 06:40 AM

Originally Posted By: MrWilliams
Quick question,

If NYC was able to get its 1,000+ murder rates in the 70's and 80's under control to about 200 at most today. Why can't Chicago?

Didn't crime in Jersey, Camden, Baltimore, etc get worse as NY got better? That could be one clue. Even Jay Z and Biggie rapped about moving from Brooklyn down to B'more, VA, etc to sling dope. Chicago just hasn't gone though that heavy gentrification like NY yet. This is probably why violence in Chicago is making so much news. Real estate vultures probably lining up in the south side to buy low and sell high.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 06:47 AM

Would definitely get the cartels out of the mix. Since the U.S. is the world's biggest drug consumer, legalization, and effectively ending the black market for drugs, could have positive effects worldwide.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 09:22 AM

To be exact with NYC tallies , 1979-1995 for 16 years it reach and maintain over 1,000+. Chicago could implement a combined strategy of both L.A & NYC to lower their tally.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 09:24 AM

I'll say a Jack Bobo or Mickey Cogwell leader type. Are there any map of the homicides in the city from the 90s?
Posted By: dinocrocetti

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 11:36 AM

trumps a pimp, I hope he puts his foot down with these American companies who are manufacturing overseas. if ivanka is first lady, do u think donald would request fellatio from her?

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 11:48 AM

look at all the shootings and murders and the large percentage are inner city black thugs. I could solve the problem as well. go to the projects all over the city and the south side with napalm and wipe out the leeches. I come from Steubenville originally and my granddaddy used to chop their fingers off when they got out of line. today, it's a cesspool of white trash and low life black thugs. steubenville needs bombed and rebuilt from ground up. a city like Chicago needs thier cops to start cracking some fucking heads and shooting to kill. the second those degenerates got civil rights was the day JFK handed the world over to them. And now, they get jobs because their skin is dark. and their still fucking complaining they need more. sink or swim and until the us gov stops supporting these degenerates with welfare and free insurance it's gonna continue snowballing

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 12:05 PM

another option to stop it is by public torture. take one of the thugs who have shot an innocent person and on international tv, we should spend about 10 hours performing anus penetration with blunt force. after some foreplay in front of an international audience, zoom in with the camera to record the look on their face as they are burned alive . and as the credits roll we explain that committing murder and attempted murder in our country results in drastic measures
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: alicecooper
fuck stop and frisk

+1

Personally I think it could help

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
To be exact with NYC tallies , 1979-1995 for 16 years it reach and maintain over 1,000+. Chicago could implement a combined strategy of both L.A & NYC to lower their tally.

I'm very familiar with what NYC did to lower crime but what did LA do?
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 03:52 PM

Yes, at least marijuana. Catching and locking up those non-violent drug dealers/users cost millions of dollars while prisons are overcrowded with them. Meanwhile killers are getting away with it.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 04:02 PM

Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the US and have the most murders like 770 last year and they have 7 already in 2017, any civil person who beliefs in life and future should welcome any suggestion to clean it up there whether it is Trump or not, giuliani cleaned up NYC and the murder rate. Philadelphia has seen a drop in their murders recently, but Chicago is a mess, the police have stopped doing there jobs to the fullest extent because of the backlash....4300 people shot last year is ridiculous...time to get rid of the liberal policies of Chicago and start saving the young generations in the city. Federal govt cleaned up chicago several times when the mob took over and made it a war zone, this time should be no different

http://heyjackass.com/

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 04:25 PM

Chicago does not have the strictest gun laws in the US, and they haven't since 2010 when SCOTUS struck down the city's handgun ban.

Later, in 2012 a federal appeals court struck down Illinois' concealed carry ban, and then there was another legal battle aimed at Chicago's ban on gun stores. The city lost that fight too, and last year passed an ordinance allowing gun stores. (However, no gun stores have opened yet, which means that every gun in Chicago either came from somewhere else or is illegal.)

Also, while Chicago has the highest numbers they don't have the highest per capita murder rate. They don't even make the top 10.

If sending in the army is the answer then it should be done in St Louis, Detroit, New Orleans, Chester PA and College Park, GA, all of which have higher per capita gun murder rates.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 04:51 PM

Per capita is a bad argument, plain facts of 760 people killed is only stat needed and 4000 people shot....anyone can get a gun illegally in chicago and the law abiding citizens are caught holding their d*cks when the crap goes down....thanks to Otis McDonald as you cited in 2010 and him getting arrested trying to protect himself legally and his subsequent lawsuit that allowed citizens who obtain guns legally through Illinois and Chicago law, which I do not know to the letter, but the 14th and 2nd amdendment being used to protect Mrf. Mcdonalds right made a step to try and curb the problems of regular everyday citizens in this city. Liberal policies in Chicago have ruined this great city and turned it into a war zone, next they will legalize child prostitution as is going on in Cali.....

those thugs that kidnapped the sutistic man need to be shown on facebook live getting caned like they did the boy in singapore
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 05:16 PM

Guys who tortured the man should go directly to jail...no Burger King stops.

Officials and law enforcement in Chicago have failed at maintaining order, and have been failing for going on a lot of years now. There was a video of a man in the area getting robbed at gunpoint while watering his lawn a few months back that I found especially disturbing.

Some of these crimes are like the brazen acts from the late 70s when lunatics were running around high on angel dust in NYC. I agree with Cook saying that these are crack babies or worse running around doing this stuff.

Anyway, law enforcement has failed in that city. They can make all the excuses in the world and cop leas, but they've got to something else.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: dinocrocetti
the second those degenerates got civil rights was the day JFK handed the world over to them. And now, they get jobs because their skin is dark. and their still fucking complaining they need more. sink or swim and until the us gov stops supporting these degenerates with welfare and free insurance it's gonna continue snowballing

Sure Dino, civil rights is the real culprit here. Get real.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 05:44 PM

Also, while Chicago has the highest numbers they don't have the highest per capita murder rate. They don't even make the top 10.

If sending in the army is the answer then it should be done in St Louis, Detroit, New Orleans, Chester PA and College Park, GA, all of which have higher per capita gun murder rates.

Yes, but...Chicago...Obama!!!!

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 05:48 PM

That's what it really is. Before Obama was president, there were no weekly tallys of Chicago gun violence on Fox News. But since it's his hometown, people who already hate him anyway have what they perceive to be a new high horse to sit on.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen

these junkies wouldn't know who Larry is

this is the most pathetic generation this country has ever seen
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 06:18 PM

Those guys were just bored they needed something to do. Someone shows them how to make money they would not be wasting their time on that useless bullshit they did not mar any money off what they did.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: RollinBones

That's what it really is. Before Obama was president, there were no weekly tallys of Chicago gun violence on Fox News. But since it's his hometown, people who already hate him anyway have what they perceive to be a new high horse to sit on.

Well Obama's "hometown" and his buddy is the mayor so that could be reason the press is on this issue in addition when you are the murder capital of the US, it tends to lend to people wanting to know why. 2 year olds getting killed by random gun violence as they just sit on a porch should be alarming to everyone. Every single US citizen should want Chicago and its city leaders to try and clean up this shit storm that is going on here. Innocent American citizens are getting killed at almost 2 a day, that should never happen and if the mayor nor the governor are concerned or if POTUS, the past year can take time out of his day to mention a harvard professor getting allegedly profiled he can possibly do something towards Chicago in his last 15 days in office but probably not

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 06:49 PM

Dino,

Both of your options are extreme and cruel punishments. The projects in Chicago are already demolished & renovated. Napalm and you be killing more innocents than criminals. Punish one then punish all who's involved in contributing to homicides which also includes Latinos & Whites.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 06:52 PM

Napalming isn't a good idea. Glad someone set that straight.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 06:54 PM

I don't know all the procedures done in L.A to lower violent crime except the Gang Injunctions. Albeit, it's a double edged sword, Chicago should enforce their own version of this injunction in the high crime areas. Keep them from congregatng too much ( legally wise) and be a lessor amount of confrontations. No full proof but a start per say.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 07:01 PM

LA's crime goes down, Stockton's rises. Stockton's been known for decades to be a destination for Crips moving northbound. I don't know why people can't see the obvious. The crime isn't going away. It's been swept to other places. Look how much worse crime has gotten in the high desert, Palmdale, Lancaster, since it's decreased in LA. Same for the Inland Empire. San Bernardino. Riverside. Moreno Valley. These used to be suburbs of LA. Now they ARE LA.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 07:02 PM

Helen,

I disagree in using the per capita for cities under 100k due to perception. National Guard already been to N.O back in 06 or 07 and their homicides have been mildly low compared to the mid 90s.
For cities under 100k with a mid size population or smaller doesn't need military aid. For example: My city ended last year with ( according to the per capita basis) 37 per 100k. That's higher than Chicago, NYC, & L.A. Does it need Marshall Law? No. There was only 9 homicides and half the suspects involved have been caught.

Per capita is more or less base on chances.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 07:04 PM

A lot of LA gang members moved to Vegas, too. Notice Vegas's crime increased in the time LA's decreased.

When cities "get rid of crime", nearby cities pay. They inherit the crime. It's that simple.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 07:07 PM

Good point, Oak.

High gentrification is just inverting the crime geographically speaking. I notice this year's ago, It's like turning a major city into castle with a molt. Goes from being a donut , Inner-city high violence in the middle of the city, to the Castle theme, Ring of high violence suburbs (not all of course).

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 07:16 PM

People are noting the young fiends but remember the largest driver
is vendettas. Guys losing members and seeking personal revenge.

Mainly Southside cliques nicknaming their cliques & hoods after fallen members then the rivals are disrespecting the dead members. Over half the murders on Southside can be drawn back to tic for taxes.

Westside seems to be the more traditional side with here & there renegade cliques and more focus on racketeering. Probably could find more organized killings over there.

Northside seems to have a bit of both. You section more personal vendetta while another just money. I'm not sure overall though.

Also, This thread needs to be in the General discussion not Organized Crime.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 07:16 PM

Helen,

I disagree in using the per capita for cities under 100k due to perception. National Guard already been to N.O back in 06 or 07 and their homicides have been mildly low compared to the mid 90s.
For cities under 100k with a mid size population or smaller doesn't need military aid. For example: My city ended last year with ( according to the per capita basis) 37 per 100k. That's higher than Chicago, NYC, & L.A. Does it need Marshall Law? No. There was only 9 homicides and half the suspects involved have been caught.

Per capita is more or less base on chances.

spot on, I mean as like you stated you live in a town with a few thousand and there is sommething like domestic violence and there is a murder involved then that town could be at the top......bottom line is there are great americans living in chicago that deserve to raise their kids and feel safe having their kids and families going to school, work, church and not fear getting a stray bullet take them out, it is disheartening to make this a political thing when the #1 priority should be keeping the citizens of chicago safe and if doing something that works before as in NYC or New Orleans then try it. If the city needs Martial law and curfews in the very highest of the crime areas for a set amount of time then do it and protect the citizens so that the families and children can grow up and thrive and be successful without fear of getting shot before their 10th birthday

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 07:17 PM

Also, This thread needs to be in the General discussion not Organized Crime.

well said I was thinking similar

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 07:23 PM

People in Chicago charged with hate crimes on the disabled man, little bit of progress going on in the 2nd city

http://nypost.com/2017/01/05/black-teens-face-charges-for-attack-on-special-needs-white-man/

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 08:22 PM

@merlino

that's not fucking progress, more like regression. things have gotten that bad in chicago where shit like this happens. they should've been somewhere selling dope if this is all they could think to do
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 09:41 PM

There needs to be a moratorium on gun crime-soft judges. Cops need to be able to do their jobs without fear of reprisal from the "community organizers" and their peanut gallery or from the same politicians who cry foul of the crime problem. You can't MF cops every time there's a violent altercation, threatening to jail them; then MF them for backing off 6 months later. Makes me sick.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 10:30 PM

I don't know if I like the idea of National Guard, unless there is some big riot in progress. Maybe if they are MPs trained in policing. Cops are trained to be cops, and they are familiar with those neighborhoods. Soldiers are trained in war, not police work.
Just my .02, as they used to say.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 10:35 PM

Dino, you're a freaking idiot.

I think we, as black people or of mixed race, some of us, need to stop playing agenda card. Trust I as much as anyone believe black lives matter, and that young black kids shouldn't be killed for dumb shit like stealing 99 cent dutches. Or black men shouldn't be killed for engine troubles, traffic stops, or selling untaxed cigarettes. But we have to realize that some of these scumbags, simply don't value human life, whether it's the crack that's been in their systems since birth, or whatever, they're minds just don't develop and see right and wrong like sane, worthy people do. It's crazy because I've met so many young black men who are like that. Not all, definitely NOT ALL, even some of those types outgrow that shit after a prison term or two or maybe even less, a lot of them realize that they're old methods and solutions were simply wrong. On the other hand, there are also a lot of guys who wont ever see that, and will grow up into into middle age still thinking their bullshit is acceptable. Those are the types that need to be dealt with. I feel like if you have a criminal record full of excessive violent crimes, you're one of these people, and you need to be dealt with. Simple as that. Regardless of if you're black, white, and hispanic.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/05/17 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Fleming_Ave
I don't know if I like the idea of National Guard, unless there is some big riot in progress. Maybe if they are MPs trained in policing. Cops are trained to be cops, and they are familiar with those neighborhoods. Soldiers are trained in war, not police work.
Just my .02, as they used to say.

Agreed.

Im opposed to turning the military loose on civilian populations, and will never understand why some people would be so willing to allow their government that type of authoritarian role. I would think there are quite a few people in Chicago that wouldn't want armed troops patrolling their streets, and im not talking about the criminals.

I lived in NY in a high crime era. Im sure im not the only one on the board that did. We had about 2000 murders a year on average in those days, and i would not have welcomed martial law then and wouldn't support it now for Chicago (unless of course, the Canadians invade IL from the north).

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 12:03 AM

A lot of LA gang members moved to Vegas, too. Notice Vegas's crime increased in the time LA's decreased.

When cities "get rid of crime", nearby cities pay. They inherit the crime. It's that simple.

Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread in re: to the lowering of NYC's crime rate.

Another factor we aren't mentioning with the whole higher vs. lower rates in urban areas is gentrification.

Ex. where I am from Wash DC. The city as a whole was once the murder capital of America in addition to being the actual capital. Things really came to a head and finally improved when Marion Berry(who was strung out on coke and in bed with drug kingpins) was finally kicked out of office by the Feds. Allowing reformers like Anthony Williams and the head of the DC police Charles Ramsey to make drastic changes. Post 9/11 funding and the goverment contracting/tech boom did the rest. DC neighborhoods that I wouldn't have dared step foot in 25 years ago like Columbia Heights, U Street,H street are now lively places, and the murders/drug actvity has plummeted.

The big downside of this in DC(as well as other places like NYC, Boston, LA, etc) is that as the wealthy liberal white yuppies moved in and turned project styled housing into $1,500+(at a min) "luxury" apartments , yoga studios, craft brew bars etc. This has forced large numbers of low income people into neighborhing areas like Pringe Georges and Charles County Maryland. And even into places as far away as the West Virginia Panhandle and Pennsylvania. Inevitably some of the crime has followed and even clashed with existing elements in these places too.

Same thing goes for NYC, LA, etc. Ex. New York gangs have popped up in PA's Leigh Valley and LA ones have set up shop in Stockton.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 12:48 AM

Agreed.

Im opposed to turning the military loose on civilian populations, and will never understand why some people would be so willing to allow their government that type of authoritarian role. I would think there are quite a few people in Chicago that wouldn't want armed troops patrolling their streets, and im not talking about the criminals.

I lived in NY in a high crime era. Im sure im not the only one on the board that did. We had about 2000 murders a year on average in those days, and i would not have welcomed martial law then and wouldn't support it now for Chicago (unless of course, the Canadians invade IL from the north).

I don't know where Trump is going with this. IF it's just as a backup to the police when there's riots or disasters that's fine. Maybe this is just paranoia, but if by some coincidence, tanks and humvees show up on your street Election Day, you might feel discouraged from voting. And that's true for anyone Republic, Democratic, or Independent.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: merlino
Per capita is a bad argument, plain facts of 760 people killed is only stat needed and 4000 people shot....anyone can get a gun illegally in chicago and the law abiding citizens are caught holding their d*cks when the crap goes down....thanks to Otis McDonald as you cited in 2010 and him getting arrested trying to protect himself legally and his subsequent lawsuit that allowed citizens who obtain guns legally through Illinois and Chicago law, which I do not know to the letter, but the 14th and 2nd amdendment being used to protect Mrf. Mcdonalds right made a step to try and curb the problems of regular everyday citizens in this city. Liberal policies in Chicago have ruined this great city and turned it into a war zone, next they will legalize child prostitution as is going on in Cali.....

those thugs that kidnapped the sutistic man need to be shown on facebook live getting caned like they did the boy in singapore

what do you mean,, legalized child prostitution is going on in calif? don't mean to change subject, but, this is new to me. are you saying this despicable crime is legal in calif. where are you getting your information? something like this should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!! where is this horrible sick crime legal!!

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 01:43 AM

Legalized child prostitution is just political bullshit, not the actual lae

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 02:40 AM

what do you mean,, legalized child prostitution is going on in calif? don't mean to change subject, but, this is new to me. are you saying this despicable crime is legal in calif. where are you getting your information? something like this should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!! where is this horrible sick crime legal!!

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/4/california-law-decriminalizing-child-prostitution-/

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 04:53 AM

what do you mean,, legalized child prostitution is going on in calif?

No, it isn't.

The new law focuses on prosecuting the traffickers and the johns, as opposed to the underage prostitutes themselves. In the old system, the underage prostitutes were charged too, when many of them were forced into it by pimps and traffickers. Some Republican lawmaker in California made the bill's passage seem like Democrats had legalized child prostitution, and, obviously, a lot of the types who watch garbage like FoxNews fell for it.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 05:27 AM

Dino,

Both of your options are extreme and cruel punishments. The projects in Chicago are already demolished & renovated. Napalm and you be killing more innocents than criminals. Punish one then punish all who's involved in contributing to homicides which also includes Latinos & Whites.

any race, ethnicity, religious group who commits an atrocity should die the same way. It's called lex talionis, latin for an eye for an eye. innocent casualties are a part of a reform. Sad but true.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 10:01 AM

When it's possible , colleteral damage shall be avoided at all times. Sacrificing many innocents for small insurgents isn't necessary.

Eye for eye leaves the world blind.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 02:46 PM

Dino,

any race, ethnicity, religious group who commits an atrocity should die the same way. It's called lex talionis, latin for an eye for an eye. innocent casualties are a part of a reform. Sad but true.

If you or your loved ones were to be the casualties of this reform would you still feel this way?

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 04:55 PM

Dino,

If you or your loved ones were to be the casualties of this reform would you still feel this way?

my family doesn't live in a zoo and if they did i could assure you that id get them out of there. so sad that these animals are committing these atrocities in their own neighborhoods. no fucking class to say the least. cracked out muthafuckas collecting benefits on my tax dollars. i hope trump sends them packing on a fucking boat or let them rub themselves out. personally, if you collecting govenrment benefits, the courts should mandate that these low lifes have their tubes tied or been neutered. isn't one generation of leeches enough? no, dese bitches keep getting pregnant and collecting mo. sad but true.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 05:10 PM

i prefer the sink or swim method. no government help, no free medical benefits, no oil and gas discounts. if u cant pay fo yoself, you got no crib to live. id rather see 10,000 homeless in an alley than my tax dollars going to project complexes that these animals ruin in a decade anyway. why give free housing to people who dont work? nobody gave me a free house, i earned it. i dont get discounts on oil & gas or a monthly governemnt stipend. i get taxed out the ass for bettering myself and u call that fair? like i said, concentrated napalm woulkd work.

im not referring to disability or beneifts given because of illness, im referring to the animals who keep collecting but got no job and not looking for a job. benefits should only be there for people who paid into them..not an irresponsible 15, 16, 17, 18 year old girl who shits out kids like its her job. by the time theyre 22 years old, they have a gaping hole between their legs because of six 9 pound babies they shit out over a 7 year period.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 06:38 PM

When it's possible , colleteral damage shall be avoided at all times. Sacrificing many innocents for small insurgents isn't necessary.

Eye for eye leaves the world blind.

but an eye for an eye is a serious deterrent and has worked in many cultures for hundreds of years. it may be savage and barbaric, but to hear some of these thugs cry and moan like a bitch actually gives me a jolt to the system. these assholes should suffer for what they did to that poor kid.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 06:38 PM

Having more hopeless people in the streets is going to make the environment worser. Reminds me of a scene from the Gangs of New York.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 06:41 PM

Actually, That's what is happening in Chicago and major cities across the country. You say an eye for eye which is basically this tic for tac issue going on now. Their doing that and it's not making the situation better.

Vendetta is a cycle that's hard to slow & stop but too easy to start.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 06:52 PM

Having more hopeless people in the streets is going to make the environment worser. Reminds me of a scene from the Gangs of New York.

if it were up to me, i'd go back to those times where everybody went out and worked for a living.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 06:54 PM

Actually, That's what is happening in Chicago and major cities across the country. You say an eye for eye which is basically this tic for tac issue going on now. Their doing that and it's not making the situation better.

Vendetta is a cycle that's hard to slow & stop but too easy to start.

if the government were to broadcast the torturing of these animals who kidnapped and tortured a mentally challenged individual, belive me, it would grab the attention of the world and our citizens. and belive me, they'd think twice if they knew the consequences

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 06:55 PM

doesn't matter what race or religion they are, it should apply to all Americans
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 06:56 PM

What is the theory on WHY Chicago is so deadly?

How much does organized crime and the Outfit fit into the murder rate?

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 06:59 PM

So you want government torturing it's citizens? And broadcasting it as well?

completely fucking ridiculous.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 07:14 PM

So you want government torturing it's citizens? And broadcasting it as well?

completely fucking ridiculous.

i know it will never happen but by our government making an example out of these fucks many of our citizens would remember that. an eye for an eye

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
What is the theory on WHY Chicago is so deadly?

How much does organized crime and the Outfit fit into the murder rate?

im not privy to sensitive information so i couldn't even begin to elaborate. my feeling is that these animals who were born by whores and 15 year old mothers never had a chance. which is why im a proponent of our government banning procreation while receiving government benefits. isn't one generation of idiots and criminals enough?

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 07:18 PM

in the middle east, if you stole a candy bar, they chop your finger off or they cane you. and cri9mes against the government are uncommon there. why not institute a policy where if you fuck up, you lose a finger?

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 07:30 PM

in the middle east, if you stole a candy bar, they chop your finger off or they cane you. and cri9mes against the government are uncommon there. why not institute a policy where if you fuck up, you lose a finger?

i dont want to live in a place like the middle east. I stole candy when i was a kid, should i have had my hand cut off?

All hyperbole aside, is living under a justice system like Saudi Arabia's something you would really want?

Because its kind of diametrically opposed to what we built here, you know, with the Constitution and our system of law and all.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 07:32 PM

Dino,

my family doesn't live in a zoo and if they did i could assure you that id get them out of there. so sad that these animals are committing these atrocities in their own neighborhoods. no fucking class to say the least. cracked out muthafuckas collecting benefits on my tax dollars. i hope trump sends them packing on a fucking boat or let them rub themselves out. personally, if you collecting govenrment benefits, the courts should mandate that these low lifes have their tubes tied or been neutered. isn't one generation of leeches enough? no, dese bitches keep getting pregnant and collecting mo. sad but true.

So the answer is no?

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 08:02 PM

i dont want to live in a place like the middle east. I stole candy when i was a kid, should i have had my hand cut off?

All hyperbole aside, is living under a justice system like Saudi Arabia's something you would really want?

Because its kind of diametrically opposed to what we built here, you know, with the Constitution and our system of law and all.

of course i dont want to live under those conditions, but with the violence up 10 fold here in the states, nothing else seems to be working, no? and for a heinous crime like what these four zoo animals are charged with, they should get the same treatment as that poor challenged kid.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 08:05 PM

i dont like seeing any innocent people perish, but from a sweeping stop of this violence perspective, shit happens. innocent people die every day. our government has dropped bombs and missed targets, it is part of the ends justifying the means.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 08:10 PM

what do you mean,, legalized child prostitution is going on in calif?

No, it isn't.

The new law focuses on prosecuting the traffickers and the johns, as opposed to the underage prostitutes themselves. In the old system, the underage prostitutes were charged too, when many of them were forced into it by pimps and traffickers. Some Republican lawmaker in California made the bill's passage seem like Democrats had legalized child prostitution, and, obviously, a lot of the types who watch garbage like FoxNews fell for it.

thank you for clearing it up oak.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 08:13 PM

doesn't matter what race or religion they are, it should apply to all Americans

yes, crimes like this torture of another human being should be not only prosecuted sternly, but, maybe they should be taught a lesson, not torturing them, but maybe a long term at guantonamo.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 08:18 PM

i dont like seeing any innocent people perish, but from a sweeping stop of this violence perspective, shit happens. innocent people die every day. our government has dropped bombs and missed targets, it is part of the ends justifying the means.

But as long as it doesn't happen to you and yours, right? That's what I'm getting at. You're coming up with outrageously violent solutions and trying to justify it, and although I understand the fact that you're angry about certain ills of society, but your proposals are ludicrous. Public executions? Napalming neighborhoods? I'm simply pointing out that if it was anyone you cared about in these areas, I doubt you'd be so gung-ho about those extreme measures and would actually take a second to consider other possibilities.

Also, for the record, violence has not increased '10 fold' here in America, it was actually more violent back in the old days you yearn for, even in Chicago.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 08:34 PM

But as long as it doesn't happen to you and yours, right? That's what I'm getting at. You're coming up with outrageously violent solutions and trying to justify it, and although I understand the fact that you're angry about certain ills of society, but your proposals are ludicrous. Public executions? Napalming neighborhoods? I'm simply pointing out that if it was anyone you cared about in these areas, I doubt you'd be so gung-ho about those extreme measures and would actually take a second to consider other possibilities.

Also, for the record, violence has not increased '10 fold' here in America, it was actually more violent back in the old days you yearn for, even in Chicago.

its called wishful thinking and fantasy rolling bones. i don't propose anything. i only want to see something drastic done to those four inner city thugs and not just their asshole tickled in prison. am i allowed to exercise my thoughts on what id like to see done to these four primates?

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 08:37 PM

its called wishful thinking and fantasy rolling bones. i don't propose anything. i only want to see something drastic done to those four inner city thugs and not just their asshole tickled in prison. am i allowed to exercise my thoughts on what id like to see done to these four primates?

You can exercise all the thoughts you would like Dino, I'm just offering you a different perspective. No more no less.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 08:41 PM

and i appreciate that. but i dont apologize for my thoughts. if most of these thugs had any decent upbringing, half this shit wouldnt happen.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 10:11 PM

of course i dont want to live under those conditions, but with the violence up 10 fold here in the states, nothing else seems to be working, no? and for a heinous crime like what these four zoo animals are charged with, they should get the same treatment as that poor challenged kid.

They should be severly punished. Hurting a disabled person is about as low as one can go on the human shitstain scale.

Sadly, this case is strongly paralleled by this case:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016...-john-rk-howard

and infuriatingly, these kids aren't going to see the inside of a prison. Maybe we should napalm Dietrich, Idaho...

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/06/17 11:46 PM

Glad we're clearing it up that napalm isn't a good idea. Not sure how comfortable I am with the fact that the idea was even discussed in the first place, or even taken seriously, but I suppose if the end result is that the method won't ever actually be deployed, I can be satisfied.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/07/17 10:29 AM

The theory is quite simple: Corrupt Gangster City.

Outfit related will be tremendously low, I would assume no more than 3 or less every other year. White men ages 30-60 that have been killed recently, location & method.

Organized Crime besides Outfit: You have to truly focus on each case.
Posted By: satch7

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/07/17 01:20 PM

Chicago's murder numbers were higher in the 1990's. This isn't a new epidemic and the only reason it's brought up consistently in the national media is so people can use it to make political statements.

As for guys getting out of the can early being the cause, guys have been getting out and going to jail every day forever, there's no sudden huge influx of ex-cons headed only to Chicago. Most of the shootings being done out there are by guys 25 and under who have likely never done a long stretch if any time at all.

i predict we will not hear a damn thing about chicago after obama is out. everything you said is true, the chicago murder rates are lower than the regan bush clinton administrations

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/07/17 01:28 PM

Quick question,

Didn't crime in Jersey, Camden, Baltimore, etc get worse as NY got better? That could be one clue. Even Jay Z and Biggie rapped about moving from Brooklyn down to B'more, VA, etc to sling dope. Chicago just hasn't gone though that heavy gentrification like NY yet. This is probably why violence in Chicago is making so much news. Real estate vultures probably lining up in the south side to buy low and sell high.

you are correct, the police in Richmond,Newport News Baltimore,the Carolinas and Atlanta will tell you they arrested a bunch of new york folks wose parents moved back down south. the new yorkers got a rude welcome in baltimore though.you cannot go to baltimore and go in those neighborhoods and run folks off corners they been standing on their whole lives, they got killed big time

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/07/17 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
There needs to be a moratorium on gun crime-soft judges. Cops need to be able to do their jobs without fear of reprisal from the "community organizers" and their peanut gallery or from the same politicians who cry foul of the crime problem. You can't MF cops every time there's a violent altercation, threatening to jail them; then MF them for backing off 6 months later. Makes me sick.

yeah but you cannot let the cops be the employer of last resort for the dumb and scum racists either who lie,kill and walk scott free. too many low integrity folks are on these police depts

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/07/17 01:42 PM

dude i lived in saudi arabia be careful what you wish for. folks who lie and cause someones death can be put to death too, and we know a racist like you would not hesitate to lie on a black man all the kkk crap you post on here. here some else about saudi there is no skin color based racism their either.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/07/17 01:50 PM

They should be severly punished. Hurting a disabled person is about as low as one can go on the human shitstain scale.

Sadly, this case is strongly paralleled by this case:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016...-john-rk-howard

and infuriatingly, these kids aren't going to see the inside of a prison. Maybe we should napalm Dietrich, Idaho...

when you have ignorant conservative folks who twist islam, that is when you see the religious based atrocities in the middle east. I have worked in Saudi and Kuwait on nonmilitary jobs for 4.5 yrs.if the family of the murder victim or shopkeeper forgive the person there will be no penalties. let me tell you something the ignorant religious conservatives here and the middle east are very close in their world outlook though, both groups suck

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/07/17 02:12 PM

Glad we're clearing it up that napalm isn't a good idea. Not sure how comfortable I am with the fact that the idea was even discussed in the first place, or even taken seriously, but I suppose if the end result is that the method won't ever actually be deployed, I can be satisfied.

Yeah, not that there are no bad criminals in Chicago. But if they use military ordnance like napalm against them, a lot of innocents will be hurt along with the guilty. Not to mention the property damage that we will end up paying for with our insurance premiums.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/07/17 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: satch7

when you have ignorant conservative folks who twist islam, that is when you see the religious based atrocities in the middle east. I have worked in Saudi and Kuwait on nonmilitary jobs for 4.5 yrs.if the family of the murder victim or shopkeeper forgive the person there will be no penalties. let me tell you something the ignorant religious conservatives here and the middle east are very close in their world outlook though, both groups suck

Agreed. I have no use for fundamentalists of any stripe.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/07/17 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Fleming_Ave
Yeah, not that there are no bad criminals in Chicago. But if they use military ordnance like napalm against them, a lot of innocents will be hurt along with the guilty. Not to mention the property damage that we will end up paying for with our insurance premiums.

Yeah...clearly.

I'm kind of in the camp of believing that being against napalming entire cities doesn't need explaining, however, but maybe I'm being cynical. As I said, as long as this...stimulating discussion on napalming entire cities concludes with the solution of not doing it, I suppose I can live with it.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/07/17 08:32 PM

Pilsen's Finest

I seen this earlier and just wanted to add into the discussion.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/07/17 10:02 PM

as long as this...stimulating discussion on napalming entire cities concludes with the solution of not doing it, I suppose I can live with it.

Nobody in their right mind wants to bomb cities in their own country.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/08/17 12:02 AM

helen wheels,,, you said in a post you want to napalm Idaho? I live in Idaho, Coeur d alene id. hope you never get elected, i'll have to put fire-proof roof on my carport!!! and you will burn all our potatoes up, and have to buy them from china!

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/08/17 12:54 PM

dude i lived in saudi arabia be careful what you wish for. folks who lie and cause someones death can be put to death too, and we know a racist like you would not hesitate to lie on a black man all the kkk crap you post on here. here some else about saudi there is no skin color based racism their either.

I don't discuss anything related to the KKK, nor would admire a group of white supremacists. alll due respect, you got the wrong guy. But my disdain for the four guerilla looking primates who videotaped a kidnapping and beating of a mentally challenged young man is justified. when you act like a guerilla, you gonna get treated like one. When Guerilla #1 gets sentenced to prison, I do hope a white supremacist gives him the proper introduction with his cock. I hope his mouth is used as a semen bank, over and over and over again. and the two hoe's, I hope they get brutally raped by a few corrupt correctional officers. thats not racist, it's called consequences. those four hood rats are poor excuses for breathing, living life

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Viole - 01/08/17 01:20 PM

helen wheels,,, you said in a post you want to napalm Idaho? I live in Idaho, Coeur d alene id. hope you never get elected, i'll have to put fire-proof roof on my carport!!! and you will burn all our potatoes up, and have to buy them from china!

Beautiful state love skiing at Sun Valley. And I love Idaho potatoes. Good stuff binnie

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Viole - 01/08/17 05:11 PM

[

[quote=helenwheels][quote=dinocrocetti][quote=helenwheels

twist islam? umm pretty out there in the open those muslims rammed planes into NYC and drive semis into a crowded christmas festival, so there is no twisting there, those ppl who worship that religion are fkd up and want all westerners to

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Viole - 01/08/17 06:16 PM

Beautiful state love skiing at Sun Valley. And I love Idaho potatoes. Good stuff binnie

ty dino, cold here now, and just got done shoveling snow.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Viole - 01/08/17 08:18 PM

ty dino, cold here now, and just got done shoveling snow.

yeah, just finished shoveling myself. clean country out there. heading to sun valley in march.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Viole - 01/08/17 09:07 PM

Twisted perception of Islam. Those aren't Muslims, just renegade guerilla cultist.

" Jihad is not holy war, where's that in the worship
Murdering is not Islam, and your not an observant
And you are not a Muslim"
Lupe Fiasco

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Viole - 01/08/17 10:23 PM

[

twist islam? umm pretty out there in the open those muslims rammed planes into NYC and drive semis into a crowded christmas festival, so there is no twisting there, those ppl who worship that religion are fkd up and want all westerners to

I lived in a 99% Arab neighborhood, the stuff you wrote a prime example of a untraveled person. I believed all that crap too untilI lived and worked in the middle east. what I experienced in Saudi Arabia was if you obey the laws and respect their women and religion there will be no problems. No one will try to force you to convert to Islam. Look at all the crap that was done to black folks in this country by so-called Christians.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Viole - 01/09/17 02:49 AM

[

I lived in a 99% Arab neighborhood, the stuff you wrote a prime example of a untraveled person. I believed all that crap too untilI lived and worked in the middle east. what I experienced in Saudi Arabia was if you obey the laws and respect their women and religion there will be no problems. No one will try to force you to convert to Islam. Look at all the crap that was done to black folks in this country by so-called Christians.

look what happened to Italians, Irish, Jews and Hispanic among other ethnic groups. many had it bad, it wasn't just the african americans.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Viole - 01/09/17 08:46 AM

Their entire race was enslaved? Oh man, guess I've been reading the wrong history books.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/27/17 05:59 PM

Now President Trump is doubling down on "sending the Feds" into Chicago.

U.S. President Donald Trump vowed on Tuesday to bring federal intervention to bear in Chicago to quell the "carnage" of gun violence plaguing America's third-largest city unless local officials can curb the murder rate on their own.

Trump appeared to be seizing on a story published by the Chicago Tribune on Monday reporting at least 228 people shot in the city so far this year, up 5.5 percent from the same period last January, with at least 42 homicides to date, an increase of 23.5 percent.

A Chicago Police Department spokesman, Frank Giancamilli, disputed the Tribune's numbers, saying there were 182 shootings in the city from Jan. 1 to Jan. 23, "which is exactly flat from last year." He said homicides have numbered 38 year to date, compared with 33 for this time in 2016.

Still, the Tribune said its latest figures put the city on track to exceed last January's 50 homicides, the most for that month in at least 16 years. Chicago's homicide toll for 2016 as a whole reached 762 killings, the most in 20 years.

"If Chicago doesn't fix the horrible 'carnage' going on, 228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings (up 24% from 2016), I will send in the Feds!" the president said in a Twitter post.

It was not clear what Trump meant by "the Feds," or what kind of unilateral government intervention he could order to address the issue.

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson responded by saying he was "more than willing to work" in partnership with U.S. law enforcement and to help "boost federal prosecution rates for gun crimes in Chicago."

Civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson said in a Twitter post: "We need a plan, not a threat. We need jobs, not jails."

Urban violence, drug trafficking and poverty were recurring themes in Trump's campaign appearances, and he periodically has cited Chicago as an example of rising inner city crime, which ticked up nationally in 2016 after a two-decade decline.

Speaking in his inauguration address about drugs and crime that "have stolen too many lives," Trump declared: "This American carnage stops right here and stops right now."

Chicago, with a population of 2.7 million, posted more shootings and homicides last year than any other U.S. city, according to FBI and Chicago police data, and its murder clearance rate, a measure of solved and closed cases, is one of the country's lowest.

On Jan. 2, Trump tweeted about Chicago's effort to lower its murder rate, saying: "If Mayor can't do it he must ask for Federal help!"

A spokesman for Mayor Rahm Emanuel, former chief of staff to Trump's Democratic predecessor, Barack Obama, said then that the mayor welcomed the prospect of working with Trump and that the two men had previously spoken together on the issue.

(Additional reporting by Timothy McLaughlin in Chicago and Curtis Skinner in San Francisco; Writing by Steve Gorman; Editing by Sandra Maler and Michael Perry)

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-chicago-idUSKBN15907T
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/27/17 06:19 PM

It was not clear what Trump meant by "the Feds," or what kind of unilateral government intervention he could order to address the issue.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-chicago-idUSKBN15907T

I dont think its clear to trump either.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/27/17 10:53 PM

I guess Trump doesn't think too highly of the Chicago PD, either.
Posted By: yatescj7

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/28/17 03:40 AM

Chicago could be cleaned up the same way Giuliani did New York. First, put in quality of life policing, etc. Then, the media and people need to show the same outrage and attention when a black man kills another black man as when they do when a white cop kills a black man.That is a start anyways. Chicago is a liberal city though, always has been. Filled with corruption. Put a good strong conservative in there then shit will change. Hell elect Giuliani mayor if nothing else for Christ sake.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/28/17 04:04 AM

"quality of life policing, etc"

I'm not even going to ask what this is, but I imagine it's something that will make the LAPD's Rampart scandal look like rescuing a kitten from a tree.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 01/28/17 07:17 AM

lol lol lol

Like I said previously, Chicago haven't dropped below the 300 mark in 50+ years. Sadly , this is a normalcy for generations. Read about a report from 1978 in which they had 787. 334 committed by revolvers back then.
Posted By: SmearyGoose1768

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 02/03/17 01:29 AM

another option to stop it is by public torture. take one of the thugs who have shot an innocent person and on international tv, we should spend about 10 hours performing anus penetration with blunt force. after some foreplay in front of an international audience, zoom in with the camera to record the look on their face as they are burned alive . and as the credits roll we explain that committing murder and attempted murder in our country results in drastic measures

lmao laughing my shit off.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 02/03/17 07:30 AM

"quality of life policing, etc"

I'm not even going to ask what this is, but I imagine it's something that will make the LAPD's Rampart scandal look like rescuing a kitten from a tree.

Opposite of the Rampart Scandal. No Corruption. The fact you don't know how Giuliani cleaned up NYC speaks volumes. Look into it. You liberals claim to be tolerant of all other views. I don't thinks so , but prove me wrong.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 02/03/17 11:32 AM

how come they even have police depts in red states then? hell there must be any not crime in them.sounds like utopia to me,but i have lived in GOP dominated states and they got dealing and killing just like everywhere else.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 02/03/17 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By: yatescj7
Chicago could be cleaned up the same way Giuliani did New York. First, put in quality of life policing, etc. Then, the media and people need to show the same outrage and attention when a black man kills another black man as when they do when a white cop kills a black man.That is a start anyways. Chicago is a liberal city though, always has been. Filled with corruption. Put a good strong conservative in there then shit will change. Hell elect Giuliani mayor if nothing else for Christ sake.

The cops are not supposed to be lying killers. They are not supposed to be another gang to watch out for.nothing will change with a conservative that is bs.because if he does not attract jobs or allot money for training nothing will change. let's see if the GOP put out money for school; i say no they are too busy trying to do S for rich folks already.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 02/03/17 11:48 AM

The reduction in New York City's crime rate during the 90s was echoed nationally, in many cities that did not employ Quality of Life policing and didn't have Giuliani as a mayor. Funny, that.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 02/03/17 12:58 PM

I'm reading the constitution and looking for "quality of life policing". Does anyone know which section its in?

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 02/03/17 01:43 PM

The reduction in New York City's crime rate during the 90s was echoed nationally, in many cities that did not employ Quality of Life policing and didn't have Giuliani as a mayor. Funny, that.

You can't tell some people this because they just read the latest big headline about violence and start thinking the sky is falling. Shit is better almost everywhere when it comes to big cities.

But like I said in the other thread a majority of this is partisan bullshit. The people in here condemning the violence in these cities don't give 2 fucks about the residents, they just want a talking point.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 02/03/17 03:19 PM

Just read DeBlasio will finally get indicted and he will see jail time. I guess his lesbian wife will go back to pussy.

Now they want Hillary to be the mayor. I hope she runs so she can lose again.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 02/04/17 06:34 AM

True. Yetthe crime varies greatly from city to city. Even during NYC peak homicides rate, it wasn't comparable to Memphis, Birmingham, nor Jackson's rate. These cities go through crimes like a wave in the sea. Memphis broke it's 1993 record last year too.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 02/04/17 06:52 AM

I'm reading the constitution and looking for "quality of life policing". Does anyone know which section its in?

Reading the Constitution for policing? You are showing your ignorance. You won't find any policing strategies in there liberal or conservative. Sorry to let the air out of your bubble. It's refreshing that nobody rejects that a Republican cleaned up NYC though. Keep trolling Snowflakes

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 02/04/17 06:56 AM

Originally Posted By: yatescj7

The cops are not supposed to be lying killers. They are not supposed to be another gang to watch out for.nothing will change with a conservative that is bs.because if he does not attract jobs or allot money for training nothing will change. let's see if the GOP put out money for school; i say no they are too busy trying to do S for rich folks already.
Thank for the news flash. Tell me this, who are supposed to be lying killers? I would say nobody, but lying killers are lying killers. What is a lying killer by the way? Someone who is lying down in the kitchen and kills you when you get home? Or is it someone who says they won't kill you and then shoots you in the head. You're showing your intelligence by your posts, and if I may say so it looks like Harambe has you beat by 20 points right now.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 02/06/17 04:59 AM

I say the same about your posts too, trump ain't going to do jack but let those billionaires rape this country.

Re: Trump Warns Rahm Emanuel Over Chicago Violence - 02/07/17 07:35 AM

I say the same about your posts too, trump ain't going to do jack but let those billionaires rape this country.

Better than letting America be the laughing stock of the world like under Obama.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET