Home

Did Mickey Spillane murder anyone?

Posted By: Blackjack2121

Did Mickey Spillane murder anyone? - 12/10/16 12:25 AM

Watching this Irish mob documentary and they are making him out to be a saint almost lol

The only bad thing I heard really was kidnapping Jimmy Coonans dad for ransom which in turn fueled the rivalry that eventually got him killed but doesn't talk about him ever killing anyone but as head of the Irish mob in that era I find it hard to believe

I guess this documentary is just sugarcoating it because most of the people they are interviewing were his friends and family
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Did Mickey Spillane murder anyone? - 12/10/16 12:27 AM

They act like all the murders started after coonan took over and Spillane was a gentleman gangster.

True or bs?
Posted By: AllDay27

Re: Did Mickey Spillane murder anyone? - 12/10/16 09:37 PM

It's an British series right? I made it through about three minutes of the Jmmy Burke/Danny Greene episode before giving up.

Had a clip of Henry Hill in terrible shape clearly just saying exactly what they told him too. It seemed sad
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Did Mickey Spillane murder anyone? - 12/10/16 10:47 PM

I would guess yes. Why? Because he was kidnapping Cosa Nostra made men and holding them for ransom. The Mafia had to know he meant business if they didn't pay up. Therefore I would wager that Mickey Spillane was a killer, but I have nothing to back that up. Nothing.
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: Did Mickey Spillane murder anyone? - 12/11/16 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
I would guess yes. Why? Because he was kidnapping Cosa Nostra made men and holding them for ransom. The Mafia had to know he meant business if they didn't pay up. Therefore I would wager that Mickey Spillane was a killer, but I have nothing to back that up. Nothing.

My thoughts exactly. Virtually zero info out there in Spillane and Conan....

Re: Did Mickey Spillane murder anyone? - 12/11/16 07:59 PM

Coonan
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Did Mickey Spillane murder anyone? - 12/11/16 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: AllDay27
It's an British series right? I made it through about three minutes of the Jmmy Burke/Danny Greene episode before giving up.

There was still some good stuff in that burke episode...The part where Mcdonald the prosecutor said it was all over the news that the police found a footprint from an addidas sneaker and when he brought Burke in, Burke was wearing addidas sneakers and looked down at them and then looked up at Mcdonald and gave him a wink...Classic !!!

Re: Did Mickey Spillane murder anyone? - 12/12/16 02:05 AM

Got a link to this? Is it on youtube?

Thanks
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Did Mickey Spillane murder anyone? - 12/12/16 05:06 AM

watching it, the part where henry hill is blabbing is utter nonsense, saying that every time Sinatra came to town he looked up jimmy burke. I don't think so. Sinatra ran with bosses, burke compared to Sinatra's friend's was nothing but a low level hood.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Did Mickey Spillane murder anyone? - 12/12/16 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
watching it, the part where henry hill is blabbing is utter nonsense, saying that every time Sinatra came to town he looked up jimmy burke. I don't think so. Sinatra ran with bosses, burke compared to Sinatra's friend's was nothing but a low level hood.

You may be right. HOWEVER Jimmy Burke had a good amount of clout in the mob despite being irish
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Did Mickey Spillane murder anyone? - 12/12/16 12:53 PM

*Shoots somebody to death*

I guess you could say.... I slipped him a Mickey.

*Puts on sunglasses*

*Won't Get Fooled Again starts playing*
Posted By: jackdempsey1930

Re: Did Mickey Spillane murder anyone? - 05/22/19 08:47 AM

So wrong
Posted By: Quiet_Doms

Re: Did Mickey Spillane murder anyone? - 07/09/19 08:08 AM

If your willing to kidnap... then you must be ready to kill !!!
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Did Mickey Spillane murder anyone? - 07/09/19 03:41 PM

There’s a Gay Bar on 9th Ave in the city in Hell’s Kitchen named after Mickey Spillane these days, I kid you not....
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Did Mickey Spillane murder anyone? - 07/09/19 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by DanteMoltisanti
There’s a Gay Bar on 9th Ave in the city in Hell’s Kitchen named after Mickey Spillane these days, I kid you not....

You go there, too? We may have bought each other a drink and not even known it!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET