Home

Is the American Mafia on the Rise?

Posted By: Hollander

Is the American Mafia on the Rise? - 11/23/16 09:48 AM

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/is-the-american-mafia-on-the-rise-w451888?
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Is the American Mafia on the Rise? - 11/23/16 10:08 AM

I think the mafia now is not just the Italian mafia. It made up of all different nationalities here in the US. They actually work with each other except they don't know it all the time.

You can call all these groups associates that is a better term.

Youth gangs are becoming associates they never saw real money. Now they see money.

What's the common denominator drugs.

Plus we now live in a country where some parts think doing should be legazied and it is a victimless crime. How stupid are these guys of course it is not a victimless crime.

Can these guys buy the shit using their own money are all users rich? If you can't afford something you want and need where are you going to get the money?

When you use do users have enough self control not to drive when they are high sure they are. :)Then when they get into an accident and hurt or kill someone it's not their fault it is a victimless crime smile
Posted By: BennyB

Re: Is the American Mafia on the Rise? - 11/23/16 01:51 PM

Quote:
Ten years have passed since Raab, now 82, published his legendary tome. This year, he decided it was time to give Five Families an update for the modern age with an anniversary addition that clues readers in on recent developments.

Wow!!!
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Is the American Mafia on the Rise? - 11/23/16 02:30 PM

The mafia in USA are like the Roman empire in the Third century.
The 5 families are big but out NY the mob was like a street gang in terms of power and much families are defunct.
The mob will be on the rise when (I ever will happen) new families will born maybe Thank to the ndrangheta. But its just my opinion.
Posted By: rickydelta

Re: Is the American Mafia on the Rise? - 11/23/16 02:43 PM

Chicago outfit was no street gang . Chicago outfit back in the day was very powerful just as powerful as the 5 family's of NY smile

Re: Is the American Mafia on the Rise? - 11/23/16 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: rickydelta
Chicago outfit was no street gang . Chicago outfit back in the day was very powerful just as powerful as the 5 family's of NY smile

Im sorry I forget to write "Now the 5 fams are like the Roman empire ecc"

Yes ricky the Outfit was powerful and ruled on las vegas but now with only 30 made men its equal to the other chicago gangs.

Re: Is the American Mafia on the Rise? - 11/24/16 10:50 AM

ok I let you off then lol . but how can u judge the outfit with a street gang now of days I am sure they have more power even if they have only 30 members smile

Re: Is the American Mafia on the Rise? - 11/24/16 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: rickydelta
ok I let you off then lol . but how can u judge the outfit with a street gang now of days I am sure they have more power even if they have only 30 members smile

What made different a crime family by a cartel ? only the name,both areCriminal Organizations, with its own hierarchy and whose members if arrested or killed, are easily replaceable so that the criminal enterprise would last.

in the mob have boss,underboss,capos,soldiers
in the cartel have Drug lords,Lieutenants,Hitmen and the falcons who are equivalent to the associates.

So I let you off.

Re: Is the American Mafia on the Rise? - 11/24/16 11:49 AM

The Outfit is no street gang back in the day or now . Cartels are just as powerful as the Outfit was so I Agree there with you so Again I let you off wink grin
Posted By: Homers77

Re: Is the American Mafia on the Rise? - 11/24/16 02:23 PM

I guess I didn't read the article too well and that book pictured does not look the 800 page monster already out... So I went to Barnes and Noble all excited to find it and I grab it and it's the same book with a new prologue! 3.5 pages later I put it down.
Posted By: thebarber

Re: Is the American Mafia on the Rise? - 11/24/16 10:46 PM

Mafia is a italian actually sicilian term meaning group or organizations and people using it for every type of organized crime drives ne bat shit. Irish , russianns , asins watever have organinzed crime and some are very successful but they are not mafia . So call em what they are. gangs
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET