Home

How many books on the Philly Mob are there ?

Posted By: gencoliveoil

How many books on the Philly Mob are there ? - 11/06/16 09:29 AM

Before Bruno 1,2,3,
Blood Oath
The Plumber Joe Salerno
Mafia Wipeout
Breaking the Mob
Blood & HonorLast GangsterGoodfella Tapes Mob Father
Mafia Prince Philadelphia True Noir Mobfiles,Mobsters,Molls and Murder
The Hitman , True Crime: PA,Philadelphia O. C. In the 1920's
6000 By Us , The Last Mob Don Standing(2017)
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: How many books on the Philly Mob are there ? - 11/06/16 08:24 PM

There have been so many mob books that claim to be about "the last mobster" etc. There's really a lot of last mobsters. lol. Like 20 or so in the past 30 years.
Posted By: Giacomo

Re: How many books on the Philly Mob are there ? - 11/06/16 10:05 PM

Salvie Testa's girlfriend wrote a very sad, touching litle book about their relationship and about finding out he had been killed, hard to find but I think it's an ebook now, 6000 Days of Us. Not much about the mob but an interesting look at the "other woman" in that relationship--she says she was Salvie's lifelong love, whatever people might think about Maria Merlino (remember--Salvie was engaged to Joey Merlino's sister; him calling it off was Little Nicky's ostensible reason for killing him). Gives you a peek into life in a neighborhood where everyone knows you.
Posted By: pmac

Re: How many books on the Philly Mob are there ? - 11/06/16 11:09 PM

I thought mob father was a great book. Very different from any other book. Its written threw the views of the guys kids and ex-wife who hate his guts but are brutally honest. His ex wifes like i dont even know how he got in the mafia his mothers a Pollack from poland. Tommy del gorno
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: How many books on the Philly Mob are there ? - 11/07/16 05:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo
Salvie Testa's girlfriend wrote a very sad, touching litle book about their relationship and about finding out he had been killed, hard to find but I think it's an ebook now, 6000 Days of Us. Not much about the mob but an interesting look at the "other woman" in that relationship--she says she was Salvie's lifelong love, whatever people might think about Maria Merlino (remember--Salvie was engaged to Joey Merlino's sister; him calling it off was Little Nicky's ostensible reason for killing him). Gives you a peek into life in a neighborhood where everyone knows you.
I did a long post about that book many month's ago,,I believe Ro (his girl,author)was the reason Sal dropped maria,plus the fact that she was a materialistic bitch..good,quick & interesting read.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: How many books on the Philly Mob are there ? - 11/12/16 12:14 PM

Another book and movie is coming up.

http://deadline.com/2016/11/frank-grillo...oss-1201852887/
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET