Home

Who would your attorney be?

Posted By: Tonytough

Who would your attorney be? - 10/31/16 11:29 AM

If u were a wise guy or lets just say for argument sake u needed a criminal attorney and could afford any lawyer past or present- who would it be ? Only ONE

Some notable lawyers

Frank Regano- Santo
Bobby Simone- Scarfo's guy
Ed Jacobs- Merlino's guy and was a young guy working with Simone back then
Oscar Goodman- another famous lawyer who worked alongside Simone
Roy Cohn- Carlo's
Gerard Shargel-
Cutler
Charles Carnesi- Gotti jr
Jeffrey Leichman
Albert Kreiger- Bonanno/ Gotti
Joseph Corazzo
Ed Hayes- Gotti
Jimmy LaRossa- big Paul
Robert Kardashian- OJ Simpson
Posted By: downtown

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 10/31/16 11:56 AM

Maurice Edelbaum (Chin)

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 10/31/16 12:10 PM

But Chin made his job a lot easier
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 10/31/16 02:39 PM

Johnny Cochran all the way!!!

'If the glove don't fit, you must acquit..' cool

That man had such a way with words, an unbelievable wordsmith and he was masterful at working the jury, but most importantly he got a man off the hook who was guilty as sin, nuff said!!

Posted By: merlino

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 10/31/16 05:22 PM

casey anthony's and george zimmerman's attorneys did probably best jobs
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 10/31/16 05:55 PM

Giulia Bongiorno that saved Andreotti and Raffaele Sollecito.
Or a lawyer in this list

http://m.ilgiornale.it/news/2014/11/08/i-30-avvocati-piu-potenti/1065975/
Posted By: TheRedZone

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 10/31/16 07:48 PM

Bobby Simone.
Posted By: Ciment

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 10/31/16 09:54 PM

Lionel Hutz
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 10/31/16 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
Johnny Cochran all the way!!!

Yes. Although Cochran was unknown on the East Coast, every West Coast big-time felon and gangster knew that he was The Mann.

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 10/31/16 10:08 PM

Bobby Simone is right up there

Simone highly recommends Miles Feinstein- notable clients include Scarfo, Angelo Prisco (Genovese), Anthony Ancetturo plus numerous non LCN related murder cases he won

Personally if I had to pick it would be Roy Cohn, he obviously had very good connections/ more so than most great attorneys
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/01/16 04:28 AM

Id hope you'd all choose Mikeyballs211 as your attorney of choice...assuming any of you kill someone or rob a bank in the state of Maryland then im your guy...if in any other state mob guy or not...you're fucked haha jk

On a serious note, based on my knowledge, limited court experience, and research a guy like Brian McMonigle in Philly is a fantastic mob lawyer. I know from personal knowledge he repped my wifes gpop who was Irish afffiliated w the
philly mob/k&a gang back in the early 90s and he got his sentence knocked down from a possible 10-15 to 4 years....hes a great trial lawyer which in criminal cases is very crucial.. without boring you all to death, most attorneys are good at writing briefs and research,but a seldom few are good in open court defending career criminals with long rap sheets that the court knows are not going straight and somehow argues the facts and alters the juries perception in a way to cast reasonable doubt. Thats a true gift and Brian has it. Hes repped a lot of Mob guys and off the top of my head I believe hes Anthony
nicodemos lawyer... hes representing or has represented guys like
mikey lance, and possibly one of the Narducci's...don't quote me on these names but i know he's repped a bunch of OC clients and is one of the best criminal defense attorneys in Philadelphia....also Charles Peruto Jr. and Eddy Jacobs are obv Philly great criminal defense lawyers (Jacobs is Joey Merlino and Joe Ligambis attorney)
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/01/16 05:13 PM

I'd have to go with Roy Cohn. In his day, Roy was very much feared as an attorney.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/01/16 05:30 PM

Perry Mason lol He never lost a case (except once). The problem would be to convince him to represent me if I was a gangster, since he specializes in defending innocents only.
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/02/16 05:54 AM

Love this thread for obvious reasons. Roy Cohn would be my choice without a doubt. Cutler's loquaciousness in the courtroom has never appealed to me. Also, after Gotti, everyone knows him and Jacobs as "mouthpieces". That's one of the reason I thought it was stupid when Eppolito and Caracappa picked them. The public isn't stupid, and any jury is going to do their own illegal internet research for anything serious enough that goes several days. Roy Cohn had no semblance to in house "mob" counsel and worked in other areas. He's the best criminal defense attorney of his or any other time imo.

Now as far as who I'd want to BE? Bobby Simone all day.
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/02/16 08:31 PM

Joe Mure
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/02/16 08:40 PM

Roy Black
Ed Jacobs
Gerry Shargel
Jeffrey Weiner
Frank Rubino
Joe Tacopina
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/02/16 10:44 PM

Hard to go against Roy Cohn...He had lots of power with politicians !!
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/03/16 12:42 AM

I unfortunately once in my real life had to retain Eddie Jacobs......
Posted By: Regoparker100

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/03/16 02:06 AM

William Power Maloney was an attorney for Joseph "Crazy Joey Bananas" Bonanno. He was there when Joe Bananas staged his own phony snatch on October 20, 1964 in order to duck a grand jury subpoena the next day, and to avoid the Commission (he was already in hot water for plotting a coup d'etat against several of his fellow bosses).

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/04/16 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Really
Did he come expensive?

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/04/16 06:55 PM

That story Sal Polishi recounted in his book IF true was hilarious regarding Cohn & Gotti

Said he was asked to drive the although he wasn't invited in for the meet if i recall. And some "fag" opened the door with Cohn walking around in his bathrobe

On ride back Fat Angie was laughing at Gotti for having to "rely on a fag to
help out" and Gotti saying if he's help, then who cares
Posted By: Kash

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/04/16 07:20 PM

I think I'd have to give Ragano a strong look. A lot of those guys on this list won verdicts b/c of the defendants bribing. Frank won in the courtroom.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/04/16 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Ciment
Lionel Hutz

works on contingency? no, money down!
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/05/16 01:27 AM

Bobby Simone was one guy that never forgot where he came from just like a good street guy.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/05/16 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
I'd have to go with Roy Cohn. In his day, Roy was very much feared as an attorney.

true jimmy, I read where gotti went to see him. gotti was in awe of him. he was very powerful, and knew everybody worth knowing, good choice jimmy.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/05/16 05:59 AM

Yeah I'd have to go with Roy Cohn. He was Tony Salerno's lawyer too. Salerno was arrested on a whole bunch of charges in the 70s and Cohn worked it so he only ended up doing 6 months.

While we're on the subject of mob lawyers, here's a good documentary on Murray Richman, NY mob lawyer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLEe496IS1o

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/05/16 07:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Tonytough

Really
Did he come expensive?

Yes and he was beyond expensive, but when it potentially comes down to your freedom you don't care how much it costs!
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/05/16 04:12 PM

If I could pick only one lawyer, it would have to be Barry Scheck. He rocks on so many levels for so many reasons, it's not even funny. Read about the Innocence Project. Donate money too.

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/05/16 06:22 PM

For a second there I thought you were on about Barry Slotnick

How'd we forget to mention him- represented Columbo and Gotti

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/05/16 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Tonytough

Really
Did he come expensive?

Yes and he was beyond expensive, but when it potentially comes down to your freedom you don't care how much it costs!

So did things work out well?

Gotti jr said Albert Kreiger charged for every little expense and didn't come cheap

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/05/16 06:31 PM

Yes, Im doing great!
Posted By: bronx

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/05/16 06:32 PM

when thinking of lawyers , there are state guys and fed guys, guys from ny and guys from other states..all must be considered when fighting a rico case.. not all lawyers are qualified to fight the feds..lawyers from decades ago in the state were just front guys for the back room deals made with judges..many were appointed and owned by the bosses..so deals were made.. my opinion
Posted By: Chicken713

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/06/16 09:08 AM

Anybody here in criminal defense ? I've mostly defended petty things I couldn't imagine how a Rico case would be.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 11/06/16 12:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Chicken713
Anybody here in criminal defense ? I've mostly defended petty things I couldn't imagine how a Rico case would be.

I work in the hotel industry, now called by the umbrella term..."tourism". But the closest I ever came to your field was working on one single case, pro bono, under a federal criminal attorney as his paralegal. He was a defense lawyer.

There's definitely law enforcement here, but the lawyers may not reveal themselves. Law enforcement, lawyers, book authors, historians, and mafia buffs like me. This site is packed like a sold out concert.
Posted By: boomboomroom

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 08/03/21 11:33 PM

Roy Cohn | The Mob Lawyer
Posted By: jace

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 08/04/21 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tonytough
If u were a wise guy or lets just say for argument sake u needed a criminal attorney and could afford any lawyer past or present- who would it be ? Only ONE

Some notable lawyers

Frank Regano- Santo
Bobby Simone- Scarfo's guy
Ed Jacobs- Merlino's guy and was a young guy working with Simone back then
Oscar Goodman- another famous lawyer who worked alongside Simone
Roy Cohn- Carlo's
Gerard Shargel-
Cutler
Charles Carnesi- Gotti jr
Jeffrey Leichman
Albert Kreiger- Bonanno/ Gotti
Joseph Corazzo
Ed Hayes- Gotti
Jimmy LaRossa- big Paul
Robert Kardashian- OJ Simpson

I know Cutler was disqualified as an attorney for Gotti in his case, was Jimmy LaRossa the other one disqualified because the DA said they were calling him as a witness, which they never did? He had to be good.
Posted By: Jimmybrown

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 08/04/21 10:25 AM

Roy Black, Albert Krieger, and Martin Weinberg, three members of Falcon and Magluta's defense team.
Did a good job for willie he's out, not to good for Sal though.
Posted By: CNote

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 08/04/21 12:56 PM

F. Lee Bailey- Joseph "The Animal" Barboza, Patriarca fam
-O. J. Simpson
For the record O.J. didn't kill Nicole Brown, it was his son Jason, follow the evidence.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 08/04/21 04:27 PM

I would call Saul.
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 08/04/21 07:01 PM

Alan Dershowitz.and F. Lee Bailey. Dershowitz is on a level of his own when it comes to the law and constitutional rights. F. Lee Bailey is as good a fighter as you'll find in the court room even if he ended up disbarred.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 08/04/21 07:15 PM

Carlo Gambino had to pass the hat around among his capos to get Roy Cohn's fee for defending Gotti in the McBratney case. Cohn got him a plea bargain: attempted manslaughter--sentenced to four years, served two. Pretty decent work, I'd say.

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 08/05/21 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by majicrat
Alan Dershowitz.and F. Lee Bailey. Dershowitz is on a level of his own when it comes to the law and constitutional rights. F. Lee Bailey is as good a fighter as you'll find in the court room even if he ended up disbarred.

Dershowitz is the last of his breed...A constitutional attorney who cares about everyone's rights, and not just democrats

Re: Who would your attorney be? - 08/05/21 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by jace
Originally Posted by Tonytough

I know Cutler was disqualified as an attorney for Gotti in his case,

Gotti on tape saying Cutler's taking money under the table, and got away with it despite how he called Giacalone a c**t in court...

Different rules for lawyers !!!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET