Home

Future of Philly LCN

Posted By: Giacomo

Future of Philly LCN - 10/17/16 05:50 PM

New poster here, longtime South Philly LCN follower though, from the days we saw a lot of the current guys mentioned here in the clubs. Curious as to what the experts here think about what happens if Joey Merlino goes away for 5 or 10 years on his current charge. Here's some scenarios:

1. Joey keeps his crown and gets some money either through Uncle Joe (a little long in the tooth these days) or through Stevie Mazzone, who would probably be happy no one in LE targets him as boss; nothing else changes.

2. One of the others among the Merlino era guys, like Mickey Lance or George Borgesi, tries to take the top spot by combination of muscle and money--buying off guys like the Changs and the Mazzones. Maybe kicks up to Merlino, maybe not. And a guy like Borgesi probably doesn't give a shit if the feds think he's in charge. Lancelotti probably is too smart to screw up what seems to be the best career in all of LCN...

3. An old-school guy like Narducci or Joey Pung makes a move for the crown, either by whacking one or more of Merlino's allies or by refusing to kick up and seeing if there's any response--if not, then its effectively a free-for-all on the street in terms of who collects from whom; and plus maybe one of these guys makes an alliance with the Dominicans or the Russians or the South Asians, all of whom are making probably more money than they are, drugs-wise...

4. Merlino promotes some of the young guys--Baby Dom Grande, the younger brothers Mazzone and Borgesi, the younger Lancellotti to form a new buffer around him as guys like Uncle Joe and Mikey Lance and the Changs retire or go completely legit?
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/17/16 06:07 PM

Merlino is going away, no doubt. I'd imagine he'll cop a plea.

Can't see anything changing. Merlino wants the crown and the boys should be happy that he's the lightning rod.
Why change that and become the focus for the Feds.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/17/16 07:23 PM

As far as #3 is concerned. That isn't going to happen. The days of mob wars and bodies in the streets is over.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/17/16 07:57 PM

Try telling that to Montreal.
Posted By: Kash

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/18/16 12:36 AM

I have absolutely zero info on Philly, I just read about it like everyone else. I don't pretend to know. That said, you have to think all the guys earning are happy with Joey taking all the heat off them. If I'm a guy in Philly like Pung, Narducci, Lance, etc... I'm happy to let Joey be the lightning rod.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/18/16 03:31 AM

If there was doing to be a modern day war anywhere, it would be Philly. Not right now though.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/18/16 03:31 AM

EDIT: double post
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/18/16 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

It is crazy to think that a lot of the murders could be happening due too payback from the Rizzuto's grabbing power 40-50 years ago.....Montreal doesn't seem to let anything slide.

In NY, witness protection doesn't even seem necessary anymore...Way too many guys have joined team America and have very little to worry about in 2016. (Ex: Montiglio)
Posted By: Itiswhatitis

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/18/16 08:24 PM

I would love to hear the tapes Rubeo recorded with Joey and trying to bring up the question of hits. You know damn well Rubeo's handlers were pushing him to catch Joey talking about something more serious than fraud and gambling debts. Also interested to know how much Sirkin was kicking up to Joey to hang around him

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/19/16 05:20 PM

I agree that the days of a Scarfo-style bloodletting are past, but it's hard to dismiss the money factor in all of this. Say you're a South Philly guy running a sports book. It's halfway through the football season and you're making bank--but you're taking a chunk of your weekly profit and sending it to a guy who might be in Lewisburg by next fall. Don't you start talking to your peers about a change in management? Or, if nothing else, aren't you tempted to stop kicking up? What if someone like Phil Narducci says "kick half as much up to me, its new management"?
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/19/16 05:30 PM

@Giacomo

You understand how GANGSTERS think my man...
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/19/16 06:20 PM

If someone were to try to do that they would be killed. That would prob be like the easiest way and quickest way to be killed honestly.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/19/16 06:58 PM

Seems like the genovese powers liked joey. And since there last capo in florida fliped and probaly destroy there crew down there why not let a boss of another family run it. They cutt him in on that medicare scam and released a earner to him. Think he'll do a few more years and keeep running threw his guys is the old man chang stil a presence in philly or is he down florida?

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/19/16 07:49 PM

Chickie Chang is still here, supposedly as an honorary consigliere, I think he's pushing 80. And of course John Ciancaglini is around in South Philly. One of his relatives, Billy Chang--someone his grandfather or great-uncle adopted when the guy's own dad flipped--ran for political office a year or two ago, and Johnny Chang was in the paper saying the guy was in no way connected to his family. Though everyone recognizes the name obviously.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/20/16 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo
Say you're a South Philly guy running a sports book. It's halfway through the football season and you're making bank--but you're taking a chunk of your weekly profit and sending it to a guy who might be in Lewisburg by next fall. Don't you start talking to your peers about a change in management? Or, if nothing else, aren't you tempted to stop kicking up? What if someone like Phil Narducci says "kick half as much up to me, its new management"?

Merlino is just one person . He may be going to prison, but his entire crew is free and on the streets.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/20/16 10:09 PM

Think Chickie Chang is past 80. And what Pmac said seems pretty accurate to me. It seems like Joey definitely was liked by the NY families, at least that's the implication given the fact he's essentially the only Philly guy, and being the boss who seems to have been involved in that medicare scam and other shit in this recent indictment. I think Joey stays boss, simple as that, nothing is going to happen.
Posted By: strococs

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/26/16 12:48 PM

I agree that the days of a Scarfo-style bloodletting are past, but it's hard to dismiss the money factor in all of this. Say you're a South Philly guy running a sports book. It's halfway through the football season and you're making bank--but you're taking a chunk of your weekly profit and sending it to a guy who might be in Lewisburg by next fall. Don't you start talking to your peers about a change in management? Or, if nothing else, aren't you tempted to stop kicking up? What if someone like Phil Narducci says "kick half as much up to me, its new management"?

There is A reason your kicking up in the first place. YOUR SCARED or they put you in action. nobody worth there salt is going to just kick up of course they dont want to pay. Lets say you were paying Merlino and you know he is going away, someone is going to get that action for Merlino. why would Nardducci take half ? when you were paying full freight to MErlino wouldnt that be disrespect towards Narducci?
Posted By: carlitosway

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/27/16 06:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Itiswhatitis
I would love to hear the tapes Rubeo recorded with Joey and trying to bring up the question of hits. You know damn well Rubeo's handlers were pushing him to catch Joey talking about something more serious than fraud and gambling debts. Also interested to know how much Sirkin was kicking up to Joey to hang around him

Given Joey's past I would think there is little to nothing of meat on those tapes besides chicken shit charges. Joey is shrewd and has been for a long time, even when Ron Previte was on tape Joey told him to stay away from drugs and barely talked about a hijacked trailer load of baby formula or ceiling fans. Even after he got out Gambino New Jersey made guy Nicky Skins tried to trap Joey on tape, but Joey said he wasn't in that life anymore and didn't get Joey saying shit, so it is hard for me to believe that a Genovese associate would get Joey on anything but a minor beef. Joey won't talk serious crime to a Gambino soldier. Joey doesn't care which 5 families you belong to much less his own Family. Only possible way you can catch Joey talking serious charges is if you get a long time Capo from Philly or the 5 Families that is wired up. Only way he will get caught. Joey knows the life, he is too smart in his 50 some odd years to get caught up any other way. That or 1 of his longtime inner circle flips. Only way to catch Skinny Joey.
Posted By: Chicken713

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/27/16 09:32 AM

Originally Posted By: carlitosway
Originally Posted By: Itiswhatitis

Given Joey's past I would think there is little to nothing of meat on those tapes besides chicken shit charges. Joey is shrewd and has been for a long time, even when Ron Previte was on tape Joey told him to stay away from drugs and barely talked about a hijacked trailer load of baby formula or ceiling fans. Even after he got out Gambino New Jersey made guy Nicky Skins tried to trap Joey on tape, but Joey said he wasn't in that life anymore and didn't get Joey saying shit, so it is hard for me to believe that a Genovese associate would get Joey on anything but a minor beef. Joey won't talk serious crime to a Gambino soldier. Joey doesn't care which 5 families you belong to much less his own Family. Only possible way you can catch Joey talking serious charges is if you get a long time Capo from Philly or the 5 Families that is wired up. Only way he will get caught. Joey knows the life, he is too smart in his 50 some odd years to get caught up any other way. That or 1 of his longtime inner circle flips. Only way to catch Skinny Joey.

Agreed he maybe able to do good in court according to the charges . That or cop a plea that isn't so bad.
Posted By: gio4life

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/27/16 11:33 AM

Lets put it where its at... There are a lot of guys in Philly and NJ that are now out and most are off parole. There also have been a shot of some new blood. Most of these guys, except Scoops Licata of course, are keeping their heads down and being low key. A lot of them have either tied themselves to some legitimate business or job and still do their side stuff to maintain or justify their income. My bet is Georgie makes his move to take over and say what you will the guy is a true gangster and many people respect him for that. As far as their future you have to say they are the most put back together family right now. While some are up their in age I wouldn't count them as old and weak. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out but if Joey gets any kind of time his reign is over

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/27/16 12:36 PM

That new blood you mention is to my guess mostly guys from SP who are the next generation of the existing families, related to the well-known guys who did long bids over the last two decades--sort of like when Merlino, Mikey Chang, etc came up in the 90s, kids of established street guys. So Baby Dom Grande's sister is I think married to Stevie Mazzone's brother, the Wagner brothers' mother is Gaeton Lucibello's sister, the Baldino kid's mother is Phil Narducci's sister, and on and on. SP is a small place, and there's plenty of folks who married someone they met at Neumann or Goretti...
Posted By: Itiswhatitis

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/27/16 01:40 PM

What is the name of Daniel's steakhouse?

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/27/16 03:18 PM

Talk of the Town.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 10/27/16 04:44 PM

Apples and oranges.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/18/16 04:40 PM

Skinny is going away and most likely for a long time ,he has way too many priors and is all over the media living like a millionaire , he is on video and most seen him driving expensive cars and living a lavish life .

The judge is going to throw the book at him and they most likely will use him as a lightning rod at the top

This becomes very interesting with Georgie out there and everyone looking at Stevie as boss but Georgie .

There are many that know George is a gangster and will be a little to wild so I am sure they will try to keep him down but there is going to be problems he has a large network and if he can get one other skipper behind him like Lance he will make moves cos I am pretty sure Lance does not want that title or the time that will come with .

May be very interesting days to come with just about everyone back on the street but Skinny !

Posted By: Ryan98366

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/19/16 04:58 PM

Merlino is going away, no doubt. I'd imagine he'll cop a plea.

Can't see anything changing. Merlino wants the crown and the boys should be happy that he's the lightning rod.
Why change that and become the focus for the Feds.

Merlin has a long history of going to trial. He won't take a plea. Not his style.
Posted By: Ryan98366

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/19/16 05:17 PM

If anyone was going to move aside Skinny Joey, they had plenty of chances while he was away for 14 years and none had the balls.

Someone might want to be acting boss. Probably George.

One thing you can give Skinny Joey and his inner circle, they are loyal to each other. They don't rat. And none have tried to dethrone Joey.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/19/16 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Ryan98366
If anyone was going to move aside Skinny Joey, they had plenty of chances while he was away for 14 years and none had the balls.

Someone might want to be acting boss. Probably George.

One thing you can give Skinny Joey and his inner circle, they are loyal to each other. They don't rat. And none have tried to dethrone Joey.

I totally agree , but if say Skinny get 15 that puts him at 70 back on the streets that he will not walk now .

Things are different and it will not be the same.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/19/16 10:14 PM

There probaly ironing out the global plea deal with everyone. I think cause its nyc and its basically merlino taking tribute from a guy running health scams a guy running a gambling ring he gets 4yrs another 3yrs of supervised release. Wonder if they got the genovese guys talkinh about joeys offiical position and if the genovese bosses recognize merlino as a equal. I word guess yes cause they were spliting bread together. He did 14yrs probaly made a few friends in the bigger nyc families.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/19/16 10:16 PM

Why he wasnt Indicted with all the hands on health care scammers in tampa shows its a weak case. Bet ny drops the health care scam and makes him take the gambling plea.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/19/16 10:17 PM

Someone also said he had a beef n beer fundraiser for legal bills. Smart just another cover to take tribute money and pay the bill, putting his pride aside.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/19/16 11:11 PM

No doubt some in NY would take a chance knowing Skinny keeps his mouth shut and took a chance , and no doubt he got tight with some that he knew since kids in north jersey .

But why was a boss out there alone working like a skipper , something is not right
There is something going on .

He will not be seen in Philly unless it's at a party or a private affair surrounded by bodyguards he will on occasion drive around down here but will not move around Philly like before.

He goes away for a long bid someone is going to step up and I have no proof but Georgie even though he was around Philly and is same age as Skinny he also spent more time with all the Scarfo gang and spent lots of time down here more then any one his age for years.

I just guessing that that move Skinny did with NY and took a pinch is under mining some of the skippers in this area and something has to give.

And nobody in NY is a true friend of any of Philly guys it's all what can u do for me .

These other guys are getting up there in years and they are not going to sit as status quo .
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/20/16 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
No doubt some in NY would take a chance knowing Skinny keeps his mouth shut and took a chance , and no doubt he got tight with some that he knew since kids in north jersey .

But why was a boss out there alone working like a skipper , something is not right

He will not be seen in Philly unless it's at a party or a private affair surrounded by bodyguards he will on occasion drive around down here but will not move around Philly like before.

He goes away for a long bid someone is going to step up and I have no proof but Georgie even though he was around Philly and is same age as Skinny he also spent more time with all the Scarfo gang and spent lots of time down here more then any one his age for years.

I just guessing that that move Skinny did with NY and took a pinch is under mining some of the skippers in this area and something has to give.

And nobody in NY is a true friend of any of Philly guys it's all what can u do for me .

These other guys are getting up there in years and they are not going to sit as status quo .

Serp u think George would be selected boss over stevie or uncle joe? Imo no way unless George takes it by force..my guess would be Stevie for the simple fact that what I read hes universally respected but im not in the know pure speculation..

I keep asking about Faffy and Mikey Lance bc I think Lance has to be the most powerful skipper simply bc hes been one for goin on 20 yrs without interruption, anyone have any thoughts on him?

And Hoodlum filled me in that Faffy is in a halfway house currently I believe, so 6-12 months he should be free..where do we think hes gonna land at? He deserves skipper but of what crew? To me he should be admin position simply bc of his past and his time served
Posted By: Ted

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/20/16 06:28 AM

Faffy has been free from a halfway house for some time. And apparently Borgesi has a strong following. He might be in a good position to take the throne.
Posted By: irishkaos

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/20/16 01:50 PM

Can't see Mikey Lance taking it even offered. His low key approach has worked very well for him.

I don't see why it wouldn't be Mazzone, he's basically been the street boss in Philly snice 2012 or so anyways.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/20/16 02:01 PM

I just don't see it going the way it's been Skinny's shit is getting old and I have never herd before people speaking out and just don't know if it's just time or if it had to do with Skinny acting like a Skipper instead of a boss ... unless he is a skipper .

Don't seam like all othose guys are going to sit for peanuts while Skinny does another bid.

Never hear talk and that's all I am hearing ... not flat out complaining .....but talk.

And yes it could be Stevie or guys that were right next to him that went away when Stevie stayed on the street .

Not going to speak on Faffy till he decides to take that step out right now he has family around him and a girl.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/20/16 05:52 PM

Remember that Mikey Lance was really sick for about a year with the cancer. But yes, in general he keeps a low profile, but I notice he isn't the only one who's been low-key. Marty Angelina was a real fan of the drunken bar brawl for years, but notice that this time around since everyone got back out on the street, he's been a complete cipher. No Margate drama, no SP gossip, nothing. Out of the life? His little brother is in real estate, maybe he decided to go that route once George Borgesi got out and started making noise about what he was owed...
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/20/16 07:56 PM

I would be surprised if merlino was caught doing anything more than having dinner with people...its all hype
Posted By: PHL_Mob

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/20/16 09:18 PM

That's a good point on Marty Angelina... What the hell is he up to? I haven't heard anything around him or what he's doing. Do you think that he's been alienated from the scene and maybe even held down since George is more of a power in the family now. that said, he really does especially owe Joey and the Admin being that they had his back in the whole dispute with George borgesi and even saved his life supposedly. I did hear a rumor a little bit ago, albeit I'm not positive on its the source's reliability or the rumor's authenticity, but apparently Marty is real fed up with the current group on the street and thinks everything is amateur hour and is even fed up with Joey. Where I'm scratching my head after hearing this is I never was under the impression that Marty Angelina was any sort of Carlo Gambino let alone any sort of huge capable money making mobster... Ever. So who knows, but regardless, I would love to know what's going on with him and where he stands, etc. Any info or rumors or tidbits at all would be appreciated...

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/20/16 09:42 PM

Hes probaly still on supervised release. You get 3yrs of it after you get out. They spot you with a felon you go back.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/20/16 10:26 PM

Marty has probably been bellied up at the bar ever since he got out......

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/20/16 11:16 PM

Mikeyballs211...watch out for dear old faffy, he's going to take over philly
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/20/16 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
Mikeyballs211...watch out for dear old faffy, he's going to take over philly

Lmao
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/20/16 11:57 PM

This case Joey is currently fighting is incredibly weak. I don't see him getting a lot of time for that one. When they indict him for Gino, it's over.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/21/16 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto
This case Joey is currently fighting is incredibly weak. I don't see him getting a lot of time for that one. When they indict him for Gino, it's over.

No matter what ever the guidelines or sentence the judge will give him the max !

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/21/16 12:46 AM

How Lance keeps his rackets so quiet and his guys in line is old school cos he is big !

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/21/16 01:16 AM

Exactly what I was thinking when this whole thing came out. He's the only Philly guy charged if I'm not mistaken. It just doesn't seem right that a boss from Philly, who spends the majority of his time in Florida, would be caught up in a case with a bunch of NY associates, and low ranking guys. Surely if he was so respected by NY, they'd acknowledge the fact that he's a boss and would have little issue with him sending someone else on his behalf, like Georgie or Steve Mazzone. Yet he's supposedly on wiretape conversating with Rubeo himself, with no "buffers", as my man Willie Cicci would say. That part just doesn't make any sense.

Those don't seem like boss moves, it sounds like a guy desperate to earn.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/21/16 01:46 AM

It's OK to speak to associates if it wasn't anything incriminating. Let's not jump the gun...when does the trial starts?

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/21/16 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Ted
Faffy has been free from a halfway house for some time. And apparently Borgesi has a strong following. He might be in a good position to take the throne.

Ted - oh my mistake, I think I read Hoodlums PM wrong, it was solid info on his part, but his South Philly lingo through me for a loop.

So Faffys out, someone on here has to know what hes doin? Serp, give us a bone here I know youre a standup guy and respect peoples privacy, but he aint exactly a soldier returning home from war here lol...I mean the man did 30 years right? Hes in his early 70s I believe, was a stone cold killer and was the top capo in S Philly for the fam when he went away, Idk if I see him returning and not getting involved, but maybe hes seen enougn prison

Serp, do u know does he have any kids or relatives involved? I wonder if these bums were taking care of his family like the rules state while he did 30 years w his mouth shut
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/21/16 05:51 AM

the feds wanted meelino so they might back off investigating the philly mob. then again they know philly is volatile n might watch them argue

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/21/16 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

Exactly what I was thinking when this whole thing came out. He's the only Philly guy charged if I'm not mistaken. It just doesn't seem right that a boss from Philly, who spends the majority of his time in Florida, would be caught up in a case with a bunch of NY associates, and low ranking guys. Surely if he was so respected by NY, they'd acknowledge the fact that he's a boss and would have little issue with him sending someone else on his behalf, like Georgie or Steve Mazzone. Yet he's supposedly on wiretape conversating with Rubeo himself, with no "buffers", as my man Willie Cicci would say. That part just doesn't make any sense.

I disagree. That just seems like another Joey move, makes perfect sense to me greed wise.

Should change it from Skinny Joey to Greedy Joey.

Think about it, he gets his kick ups from Philly, and not involving any other Philly guys he doesnt have to split his take with anyone.

Parello sent a guy to him and let him get in on the action, not really low level, a long time respected west side skipper.
Posted By: gangstereport

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/21/16 01:23 PM

a lot of those philly guys were surpised according to georgre A that joey had his own scams going on they did not know about it and were pissed they were not getting anything and this fundraising thing was not popular move by merlino. I agree with blackjack its typical merlino just him being greedy. Like back in the 90s with bobby lusi he was taking 10k a month and made capo someone who everyone knew was not capable to be capo but he did anyway because he is greedy. He bet into johnny changs book one of his own guys he is just greedy.Even with that scam they had going on he tried to get out of paying 7k to New York just merlino being merlino really.

Also if someone like parello vouches for someone he is not going to question. Will be interesting to see if joey takes it to trial

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/21/16 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: gangstereport
a lot of those philly guys were surpised according to georgre A that joey had his own scams going on they did not know about it and were pissed they were not getting anything and this fundraising thing was not popular move by merlino. I agree with blackjack its typical merlino just him being greedy. Like back in the 90s with bobby lusi he was taking 10k a month and made capo someone who everyone knew was not capable to be capo but he did anyway because he is greedy. He bet into johnny changs book one of his own guys he is just greedy.Even with that scam they had going on he tried to get out of paying 7k to New York just merlino being merlino really.

Also if someone like parello vouches for someone he is not going to question. Will be interesting to see if joey takes it to trial

Yeah he is so petty and greedy in everything. Had to be making bank on that medical scam, yet still tried to cheat his way out of paying 7k.

And I am sure he has a stockpile for lawyers, yet throws a fundraiser so he doesnt have to go into his own funds.

Side thought: He must be thinking of taking it to trial, other wise why the fundraiser if he is going to cop a plea?
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/21/16 10:18 PM

Exactly what I was thinking when this whole thing came out. He's the only Philly guy charged if I'm not mistaken. It just doesn't seem right that a boss from Philly, who spends the majority of his time in Florida, would be caught up in a case with a bunch of NY associates, and low ranking guys. Surely if he was so respected by NY, they'd acknowledge the fact that he's a boss and would have little issue with him sending someone else on his behalf, like Georgie or Steve Mazzone. Yet he's supposedly on wiretape conversating with Rubeo himself, with no "buffers", as my man Willie Cicci would say. That part just doesn't make any sense.Serp, u say u have no proof about georgy always being down there, but there is that group photo of the scafo men on the beach all in a huddle & young george is on Ligambi's right w/ the baseball cap.That guy was destined 4 baldness since he was a child , never leaves home without one.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/21/16 10:25 PM

Serp,u say u have no proof about georgy, but there is that group photo of the scarfo men on the beach in a huddle & george is to his uncle's right w/ the baseball cap on..that guy was destined 4 baldness since he was a kid,,never left home without one..

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/21/16 11:30 PM

Hood I would not doubt if there many pictures or even video cos he was always down here around Jr. they all kissed up to Jr.

Most of the guys that had teen boys and cousins and even friends of friends were here but they were teens and it was not at the very end that they were getting old enough to drive and you all know the history after Nick sr. was locked up the last time and all those so called friends and friends of friends turned on Jr.

Nick never thought they would try to take out his kid or he would have made him and they would all be dead.

But that's not how it went and now you have grown men answering to a guy that was18 when they went away and the guys that were 17 and 18 when Skinny and them started scamming I am sure they are so so tired of being the bottom feeders.

It's just all getting old and so are they something has to give if it has not already .

Because Skinny will not has not chilled around Philly at all and I am not believing the bullshit he staying out of trouble in Florida .

There is crazy money coming in that family now so it's not like there is not a reason to be active and eager to move up .

Everyone talks about the north jersey book of the Luke's can you imagine the books in the tri-state area that the Philly family controls and who is getting all that money .

It's not just book they are sill sharing down anyone doing anything illegal just like always .
There area is huge and very lucrative and trust me nobody that is doing good is not kicking up they are keeping up .

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/22/16 12:02 AM

Hood I would not doubt if there many pictures or even video cos he was always down here around Jr. they all kissed up to Jr.

Most of the guys that had teen boys and cousins and even friends of friends were here but they were teens and it was not at the very end that they were getting old enough to drive and you all know the history after Nick sr. was locked up the last time and all those so called friends and friends of friends turned on Jr.

Nick never thought they would try to take out his kid or he would have made him and they would all be dead.

But that's not how it went and now you have grown men answering to a guy that was18 when they went away and the guys that were 17 and 18 when Skinny and them started scamming I am sure they are so so tired of being the bottom feeders.

It's just all getting old and so are they something has to give if it has not already .

Because Skinny will not has not chilled around Philly at all and I am not believing the bullshit he staying out of trouble in Florida .

There is crazy money coming in that family now so it's not like there is not a reason to be active and eager to move up .

Everyone talks about the north jersey book of the Luke's can you imagine the books in the tri-state area that the Philly family controls and who is getting all that money .

It's not just book they are sill sharing down anyone doing anything illegal just like always .
There area is huge and very lucrative and trust me nobody that is doing good is not kicking up they are keeping up .
It never dawned on me that junior was'nt made when nick sr. got erased from the picture,hmmm...i wonder why he did'nt try 2 proceed w/ his son,,he was in his mid twenties around 85 or so @ the peak of his dad's power..Also,, do u think a street tax still applies??

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/22/16 03:51 AM

"i wonder why he did'nt try 2 proceed w/ his son,,he was in his mid twenties around 85 or so @ the peak of his dad's power."

Because less than a year later, "someone" walked into Dante & Luigi's and shot Nicky Junior six times, then walked out the door. And never paid the consequences for shooting the boss' son.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/22/16 04:52 AM

"i wonder why he did'nt try 2 proceed w/ his son,,he was in his mid twenties around 85 or so @ the peak of his dad's power."

Because less than a year later, "someone" walked into Dante & Luigi's and shot Nicky Junior six times, then walked out the door. And never paid the consequences for shooting the boss' son.

I meant why couldn't he have made his son in a private ceremony around 1985,86...he seemed eager 2 have his kids follow in his footsteps...the attempt on jr. was in 89.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/22/16 02:29 PM

He did not see it coming , they were all smiling in his face and plotting behind his back.
As much as they hung with Jr. and kissed his ass it did not matter cos when Chuckie was knock down Nick did not protect himself from a uprising and of course he never would thought that the entire family would be locked up all at once.

Trust me Skinny story is a perfect storm he should be dead ten times over but he he was helped by every possible entity weather law enforcement or stupid gangsters or bad shots he is still there.

I still say Phil should have come out and killed him and I don't doubt that he had to hold himself back.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/22/16 05:39 PM

Nicky Jr was born in 1964 I believe so he would have only been in his early 20s during his Dad's reign

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/22/16 06:18 PM

Yes, Nicky Jr. was only 24 I think when he got shot, so 23 when his dad went away; very young to be made. He also had a reputation (as did Merlino) for pulling stunts and relying on his father's name to keep him out of trouble.
Posted By: Curiosity

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/22/16 07:11 PM

Since Nicky Jr got shot in 1989 when he was 24, that would make him as being born in 1965. So, he would of been about 21/22 when his dad went away in January of 1987. Definitely a young age to be made at.

Skinny Joey would of been 24, almost 25. I'm presuming the rest of the Young Turks were all around similar ages when their dads/uncles/brothers all went away..

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/22/16 11:23 PM

No doubt he was young but still if the old man had any clue that any of this could happen he would of been made in the joint on a visit .

No family has ever all gone a way and not had a shooters on the street, hence what went down .

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/23/16 12:20 AM

Maybe the reason the capo mike lance is been free so long hes probaly a bookie thats runs a tight ship doesnt get into the shake downs or loans just makes a comfortable living. Seems the fbi always flip these guys who are violent or owe everybody money so he probaly just lets them go.
Posted By: irishkaos

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/23/16 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Maybe the reason the capo mike lance is been free so long hes probaly a bookie thats runs a tight ship doesnt get into the shake downs or loans just makes a comfortable living. Seems the fbi always flip these guys who are violent or owe everybody money so he probaly just lets them go.

You raise a fair point pmac about maybe just being involved with bookmaking, but the rumor since it happened was that Lance was a shooter in the Joey Chang hit at the Warfield. I think Damion Canalichio was also in his crew before he went away, a pretty well-known violent guy in South Philly.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/23/16 01:06 AM

they can't afford to leave him as boss
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/23/16 01:29 AM

Maybe he's the only one that wants the title. The other guys might be content doing what they're doing.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/23/16 01:36 AM

I think it was raised in the other new GL thread, but Johnny Changs sister was married to Louis Cirello who was whacked by the genovese...anyone have any more info about this? Youd think with Changs familial connection to the genovese and his time on the street now been free for a while he would be one of the more powerful guys in the fam..and he very well may be, reports had him as UB, anyone have any thoughts on him
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/23/16 01:59 AM

Off topic but I wonder what family has the most hits over the years.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/23/16 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac

I know for a fact they/he will shakedown guys doing illegal activity with violence and or threats of violence .

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/23/16 01:54 PM

Nicodemo and Grande were both also under Lancellotti when the Borgata bust happened; obviously those guys are not strangers to violence or intimidation. Same for Canalichio. Lance also has a nephew in the life (though not in Philly), and the guy has a mean-mug that says he's not just taking bets….

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/23/16 06:51 PM

He did not see it coming , they were all smiling in his face and plotting behind his back.
As much as they hung with Jr. and kissed his ass it did not matter cos when Chuckie was knock down Nick did not protect himself from a uprising and of course he never would thought that the entire family would be locked up all at once.

Trust me Skinny story is a perfect storm he should be dead ten times over but he he was helped by every possible entity weather law enforcement or stupid gangsters or bad shots he is still there.

I still say Phil should have come out and killed him and I don't doubt that he had to hold himself back.
You got that right!

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/23/16 10:14 PM

Nicodemo and Grande were both also under Lancellotti when the Borgata bust happened; obviously those guys are not strangers to violence or intimidation. Same for Canalichio. Lance also has a nephew in the life (though not in Philly), and the guy has a mean-mug that says he's not just taking bets….

There is a nice little robbery ring going on these days , I think they are up to 13 or 14 jobs hitting busy restaurants when they're closed getting the safe out of the building each time same MO in Phillt and suburbs but always well planed and a decent amount of money taken.

Definitely not an amateur and video no help most likely stolen cars face always covered up or behind a mask .

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/24/16 02:44 AM

Remember that Mikey Lance was really sick for about a year with the cancer. But yes, in general he keeps a low profile, but I notice he isn't the only one who's been low-key. Marty Angelina was a real fan of the drunken bar brawl for years, but notice that this time around since everyone got back out on the street, he's been a complete cipher. No Margate drama, no SP gossip, nothing. Out of the life? His little brother is in real estate, maybe he decided to go that route once George Borgesi got out and started making noise about what he was owed...

No doubt Lance keeps a low profile but he is huge and is probably the biggest with Georgie as far as crew and cash flow.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/25/16 06:21 AM

Serp georgies crew is that big and influential? What about
mazzone, ligambi, and even narducci? Reports are tbose giys have crews right? Theyve been surpassed in size and strength by georgie?
Posted By: dave213

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/25/16 08:38 AM

Narducci? Would Merlino's guys just let that happen? Who's backing Narducci? What kind of pull does he have?

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/26/16 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: dave213

Narducci? Would Merlino's guys just let that happen? Who's backing Narducci? What kind of pull does he have?
No...he meant Leonetti..alot of scarf dudes wanted 2 whack that little purse snatcher back in the day..fuckin' punk that he was.
Posted By: dave213

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/26/16 09:07 AM

Originally Posted By: hoodlum
Originally Posted By: dave213

No...he meant Leonetti..alot of scarf dudes wanted 2 whack that little purse snatcher back in the day..fuckin' punk that he was.

I assumed he meant Narducci because he said "come out". Yeah I already knew he could've easily been whacked during the Scarfo era.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 12/27/16 06:39 PM

We know the crazy days when Skinny and many of made guys kids or nephews and cousins decided to make there own crew when they knew that the entire Scarfo family was going away .

It was the only shot they had cos they knew NY was putting someone in and most likely they would not make them cos of the shit Nick was hearing before Jr. Was shot , so crime was all they knew and they were desperate cause even if Nick stayed in power they were not " getting made because of the things they did too regular folks in there own neighborhoods and Nicks.

He was almost killed several times almost don't count and law enforcement has not been able to do it completely yet , if Eddie gets a few hundred thousand to get a plea deal together he will get 5-8 years maybe , but if he goes to trial he is getting the max.

And we will see cos it will happen quick it's just time.

It has been since before Skinny went away for 14 years and he was in Fla after that with FBI all over him .
If he was walking around Philly for the last 20 years I would have to say things would be different .
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/01/17 12:54 PM

No doubt Lance keeps a low profile but he is huge and is probably the biggest with Georgie as far as crew and cash flow.

They seem to be tight, I live in the same neighborhood as Lance and I've seen him with Borgesi a few times, the last just a few weeks ago. People talking about Mikey Lance being low profile are 100% right. I've been living in the same neighborhood as him for 20 years. I've been in his presence quite a few times in stores and stuff and don't remember speaking more than a few words. I couldn't identify his voice.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/01/17 03:55 PM

Lance looks like a rat.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/01/17 04:21 PM

"Looks like a rat". Welp, fact is, he's never cooperated as far as LE is concerned.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/01/17 04:47 PM

There are probably hundreds of guys past and present who have snitched in some way, shape or form.

And, unfortunately, we will never be privy to who they are.

This guy could be a dry snitch.

Emphasis on could.

I didn't mean he literally looks like a rat.

He literally looks like a beaver.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/01/17 06:09 PM

Guys the Feds can no longer get away with a guy like Scarppa !!

Lance is using his head and has had luck on his side .

Look at Skinny as far as luck , no one has more lives then Skinny but like I said he has not walked around south Philly in over twenty years other then special occasions with guys around him .

I totally think if he lived in the old neighborhood he would be gone .
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/02/17 02:10 AM

Can we ban Moe yet? Or are we just gonna let this board go to shit with relentless trolling?
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/02/17 03:56 AM

Look at Skinny as far as luck , no one has more lives then Skinny but like I said he has not walked around south Philly in over twenty years other then special occasions with guys around him .

Mark Rosetti is a present time Greg Scarpa

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/02/17 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Can we ban Moe yet? Or are we just gonna let this board go to shit with relentless trolling?

Right .

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/02/17 12:07 PM

Long time ago Serp!! 12th & moore would not even tolerate his shenanigans.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/02/17 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Lance looks like a rat.
In street lingo..He aint no snitch..

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/02/17 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey

Right .

It's ironic the two of you would call anyone a troll.

It's clearly not trolling saying Lancellotti could be a rat/dry snitch.

But anyone not carrying a personal vendetta could see that.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/02/17 02:14 PM

Dude, hes never been accused by any of his confidants as being a rat. The Nicky Stefanelli tapes CLEARLY show that Lancelotti is respected by NY and NJ mob guys. So what are you basing your opinion on?

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/02/17 02:16 PM

Let me guess.

You're one of the "Massino will never rat" guys, right?

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/02/17 02:41 PM

No. Keep reaching though, embarrassing yourself.
Posted By: gio4life

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/02/17 03:18 PM

Anyone have any updates on the North Jersey crew?? Been hearing a bit about them being more active was wondering if there is truth to that....
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/02/17 10:49 PM

This is the same board where a lot of people swore up and down Nicodemo would become a rat. He got that hot wife, a couple of young kids, etc. These guys aren't like us. I don't think there is any chance Lancellotti is a rat/informant, what are they going to keep him on the street forever? They would have used him in trials already, they would've used him to close unsolved murders. What are they waiting to use him on some gambling case?

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/02/17 11:24 PM

Mikey Lance was also arrested back in 2004 for punching a guy in front of a cop at Chickie's and Pete's in South Philly:

https://mycitypaper.com/articles/2004-07-22/cb4.shtml

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/02/17 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Mikey Lance was also arrested back in 2004 for punching a guy in front of a cop at Chickie's and Pete's in South Philly:

https://mycitypaper.com/articles/2004-07-22/cb4.shtml

Can any of these pussies fight one on one? lol

Virtually all of Merlino and pals' escapades seems to involve them outnumbering their victims and/or hitting them with glass bottles.

Is it any wonder they were terrified of the Veasey brothers?

Say what you want about Veasey; he beat the shit out of Frank Martines and Vincent Pagano when they ambushed him - and Martines was a boxer in his youth.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/03/17 12:13 AM

Pagano was old as shit. Man what a stand up guy, bragging about beating up an octogenarian....Reminds me of the Coletti/Albanian mob beef, in which they supposedly beat up a Gambino capo and stripped him of his wallet, when it came out that the guy was retired, no longer in the rackets, old as dust and just liked hanging around his old neighborhood and social club.

@GerryLang, Exactly.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/03/17 12:20 AM

Quote:
When Martines came out, he put a .22 to the back of Veasey’s head and said, “Bye-bye, John.” Then he pulled the trigger three times. Veasey jumped up and grabbed his head. His hand was full of blood; he felt like he’d been hit with a sledgehammer. Veasey stared at Martines and yelled, “Yo, Frank. You just fucking shot me?” One bullet had hit the back of Veasey’s head and broken into fragments; a second exited through his forehead. A third had bounced off his head and into his neck. Martines told Veasey why he’d shot him: “You talk too much.”

Pagano grabbed Veasey from behind and told Martines to shoot again. Martines shot Veasey in the chest, piercing a new $3,800 leather jacket and depositing a bullet in Veasey’s ribs. But instead of going down, Veasey grabbed Martines and shoved him against the wall. “You’re fucking dead,” Martines told him. “I ain’t dead yet,” Veasey replied. The mobsters yanked down the sleeves of Veasey’s jacket to trap his arms by his side so Martines could pistol-whip him; he was out of bullets. But Veasey wiggled his left arm free, and every time Martines hit him with the gun, Veasey slugged him in the eye.

Veasey knocked Martines to the ground, but Pagano jumped him, yanked his head back, and told Martines to “cut his fucking throat.” Martines whipped out a knife, but Veasey kicked him with both feet and slid out of Pagano’s grip. The knife landed on the floor; Veasey and Martines scrambled for it. Veasey got there first. When Martines grabbed him in a headlock, Veasey stabbed him near the eye.

Martines, bleeding heavily, pleaded with Veasey not to kill him. He said he’d unlock the door if Veasey dropped the knife. Veasey buried the knife in a couch—where the cops later found it. Martines unlocked the door, and Veasey ran down the stairs. “If you go to the cops, we’ll kill your family,” Pagano yelled after him.

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/articles/john-j...ioKyYJQpYfog.99

https://books.google.ie/books/about/The_Goodfella_Tapes.html?id=4csVofJ9huAC&redir_esc=y

Can't see the part where he "brags about beating up an octogenarian". He did overpower two people who had a gun and knife, though, even after getting shot in the head.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 01/03/17 12:39 AM

That sounds like some Steven Seagal shit. And its coming from a self admitted drug addict, its just hard to believe.

"I kicked him with both feet, knocked the knife to the floor and slid out of Pagano's grip...." lol Martial arts master right there.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 03/27/17 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: GerryLang
This is the same board where a lot of people swore up and down Nicodemo would become a rat. He got that hot wife, a couple of young kids, etc. These guys aren't like us. I don't think there is any chance Lancellotti is a rat/informant, what are they going to keep him on the street forever? They would have used him in trials already, they would've used him to close unsolved murders. What are they waiting to use him on some gambling case?

Yeah man none of that stuff makes any sense.

The cases would have been over 15 years ago and Skinny would be away forever just where the Feds want him.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 03/27/17 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi

Mark Rosetti is a present time Greg Scarpa

Never herd of the guy . He has been working for the Feds for 30 years and has killed many on fed info ?

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 03/27/17 01:41 AM

Serp he was a hard core herionaddict gangster from east boston that put in work guess his dad or uncles and cousins all played parts in ray patriarcas family. They out of east boston. Long story short he was a made guy and fbi informer for atleast 10 20 yrs. Guy killed they say like greg scarpa. New england will see this an way in.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 03/27/17 01:48 AM

But the main topic the future of philly lcn theyll keep rebuilding. Merlinos a good boss young proven an respected by his counter parts. Guy does time. Goes to trial beats murders in 2 different federal courts and lives like a king. The young guys from scarfo days are out and probaly in the same places they were before they went to prison in 1987. The philly guys probaly had a party when scarfo died. The black cloud over there head went away. Uncle joe included. Poor young scarfo thought he was doing white colar crime and gets a slap on the wrist got 30yrs. Some dude around my way just got 6yrs for some 30 mill. Ponzi sceme i dint read into it. But he plead guilty. Jr scarfo should have dummy.

Re: Future of Philly LCN - 03/27/17 12:11 PM

Dude, hes never been accused by any of his confidants as being a rat. The Nicky Stefanelli tapes CLEARLY show that Lancelotti is respected by NY and NJ mob guys. So what are you basing your opinion on?

Looks of course!

whistle
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET