Home

Any famous long haired Mafiosos?

Posted By: JackieAprile

Any famous long haired Mafiosos? - 09/30/16 09:52 PM

There was a thread recently how the young Sicilian Mafia guys are sporting full beards nowadays, copying ISIS in their look. I'm wondering if, besides Sammy the Bull, there were made guys who wore their hair long in the 60s-70s-80s-90s, ala Furio on The Sopranos?
Posted By: joestrong

Re: Any famous long haired Mafiosos? - 09/30/16 11:37 PM

Joel "Joe Waverly" Cacace had what I thought was pretty long hair at his last trial.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Any famous long haired Mafiosos? - 10/01/16 12:34 AM

Quote:
-- Joe Pesci, who became a star with his unforgettable portrayal of psychotic killer Tommy DeVito, was also, in a way, miscast (though for completely different reasons from the Liotta-Hill case).

DeVito was based on Tommy DeSimone, an associate of Henry Hill in the Lucchese crime family.

There were at least two things wrong with the film’s depiction of DeSimone:

The film seems to suggest that Hill and DeVito were peers who grew up together. In reality, DeSimone was about 10 years younger than Hill (i.e., a completely different generation and outlook).

Moreover, DeSimone was tall, broad-shouldered and (unusually for a mobster) wore a moustache and long hair (the polar opposite of Joe Pesci).

Of course, Pesci wasn’t trying to portray the real Tommy -- having grown up with gangsters in his native Newark, N.J., Pesci likely based his characterization on the wiesguys he personally knew (and it succeeded beyond his wildest dreams).

http://www.ibtimes.com/what-goodfellas-got-wrong-705683

I believe Pesci's main inspiration for his portrayal of Tommy was Gambino capo, Bobby Bisaccia.
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Any famous long haired Mafiosos? - 10/01/16 12:34 AM

Gravano as a young mobster
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Any famous long haired Mafiosos? - 10/01/16 12:41 AM

Stanfa had a beard too !!
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Any famous long haired Mafiosos? - 10/01/16 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: DiLorenzo
Stanfa had a beard too !!

Was that not just when he was on the run? There is a picture of him being captured and that's when he has the beard. Every other picture he is clean shaven.

Vic Amuso and Anthony Casso grew beards when they were on the run in the early 90's.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Any famous long haired Mafiosos? - 10/01/16 12:54 AM

You might be right Mo...Yeah, it was the arrest picture I was referring too...Could have been on the run!!
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Any famous long haired Mafiosos? - 10/01/16 01:02 AM

Charlie Carneglia
Posted By: rusmobster

Re: Any famous long haired Mafiosos? - 10/01/16 03:04 AM

Harry Riccobene
Posted By: Strax

Re: Any famous long haired Mafiosos? - 10/01/16 11:42 AM

Originally Posted By: JackieAprile
There was a thread recently how the young Sicilian Mafia guys are sporting full beards nowadays, copying ISIS in their look. I'm wondering if, besides Sammy the Bull, there were made guys who wore their hair long in the 60s-70s-80s-90s, ala Furio on The Sopranos?

Memebers of Camorra,not Sicilian mafia.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET