Home

Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain?

Posted By: Tonytough

Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/21/16 11:09 PM

He was extremely capable, was a good money maker what with his various business interests and partners with Savino (whom the Chin kept alive purely for the money he was bringing in). So why was Pappa never upped to captain

Which crew was he under within the Genovese?

Edit- Dominick Swaggy was his capo

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/773196

Posted By: TheMechanic

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/21/16 11:16 PM

I think he was used more in the enforcer capacity, probably never bumped up to captain for many reasons, he did get whacked for killing a captain in another family without permission. If this is indicative of any of the other choices he made, it's really no wonder. As far as whose crew he was in, I really have no information on that.

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/21/16 11:38 PM

Pappa was an interesting character because he was fearless and extremely dangerous- even Sammy Bull admired him

I always thought he was in his 40s but turns out he was only 36 when he got whacked

Perhaps that's partly why he wasn't bumped up (had he not
gone on an unsanctioned killing spree) he would have got there with time
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/22/16 01:56 AM

Thanks for posting that article. I think it answers your question. It mentions "numerous violations of mob protocol" and "not sharing proceeds of several major scams with his mob superiors".
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/22/16 06:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Tonytough
He was extremely capable, was a good money maker what with his various business interests and partners with Savino (whom the Chin kept alive purely for the money he was bringing in). So why was Pappa never upped to captain

In the 5 families Raab said that the Chin really liked Savino and for this reason dont whacked him even if many people in the genovese family said him that Savino was a rat but the Chin until the end ever protect him.
In the articles is said that pappa killed 2 colombo men and dont gave money to his superiors but who was the capo that whacked ?
The iron in this case is that gerard son is a colombo associate that would be made in the family if doesn't get life in the late 90s.
Posted By: yatescj7

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/22/16 06:51 AM

Main reason is he was only a made member for 3 years.Genovese Family rarely bump up a guy to Capo after only being made a couple years before.

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/22/16 07:55 AM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

In the 5 families Raab said that the Chin really liked Savino and for this reason dont whacked him even if many people in the genovese family said him that Savino was a rat but the Chin until the end ever protect him.
In the articles is said that pappa killed 2 colombo men and dont gave money to his superiors but who was the capo that whacked ?
The iron in this case is that gerard son is a colombo associate that would be made in the family if doesn't get life in the late 90s.

He whacked both the Spero's I think
Posted By: yatescj7

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/22/16 08:04 AM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

He whacked both the Spero's I think

Yeah he whacked Shorty's brother, Shorty vowed to take revenge and Pappa whacked him too. You gotta remember though, Gerry pappa and Sammy Gravanao were both Bensonhurst guy who came up as associates in the Colombo Family under Shorty whose boss was Carmine Persico. Says a lot that Pappa went under the Genovese BK crew under Swaggy and Joey Ida, who were under main BK Genovese Boss Funzi. Sammy branched off and went into Toddo Aurello who was equal with Jimmy Brown both under Carlo gambino. Seems they both didn't like the Spero's. Gravano shrugged it off, Pappa couldn't let it go, killed them and in return was killed for it.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/22/16 10:54 AM

he killed shorty and richie scarcella

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/22/16 04:03 PM

Sammy moved on but didn't Pappa move drugs with the Spero's/ some kind of dispute over drugs

Man Pappa is stone cold to whack a capo without permission. Anyone got any info on the Spero's? Wiki doesn't say much l

I really don't know much about them other than few things Sammy mentioned and that documentary where some former mobster said Shorty was a violent guy. And once he threatened him after he caught Shorty cheating at cards
Posted By: helenwheels

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/22/16 04:05 PM

He was the kind of guy bound to end up dead. I've always heard he was crazy, even as a young kid (from neighborhood guys that were half fucking crazy themselves). Bronx likely knows what I mean.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/22/16 05:43 PM

100%
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/23/16 12:36 AM

Didn't he bury Shorty's head right under the toilet? So when anyone does #2.

Talk about REAL hate for someone.

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/23/16 01:45 PM

No he buried Scarcella's head under the toilet.... Scarcella was supposedly a loud mouth bully and Pappa hated him
Posted By: southend

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/24/16 02:39 PM

Gerry's son John was a absolute savage. Peeled the face off his friend after murdering him

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/24/16 09:18 PM

There's Mafia murderers who don't particularly enjoy the work but do it if the occasion arises

Then from time to time u get the sicko that actually enjoys it and wants to kill more and more- I believe John Pappa obviously inherited a lot of his dad's psychotic personality

I have a relative myself, the father has mental problems and now the teen kids too

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/colombo-associate-john-pappa
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/26/16 04:50 AM

which of these pappas was the big heroin dealer?
Posted By: cheech

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 09/27/16 01:08 AM

Neither.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 08/16/22 06:51 AM

Who was the capo of Gerard Pappa?
Posted By: CNote

Re: Why was Gerard Pappa never made captain? - 08/16/22 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Who was the capo of Gerard Pappa?

Anthony "Dutchie" Tuzzo.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET