Home

Joey merlino and others busted

Posted By: domwoods74

Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 02:39 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/dozens-mobsters-busted-east-coast-takedown-article-1.2738244
Posted By: dinocrocetti

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 02:46 PM

LMAO...it was only a matter of time before the Feds got another crack at the punk. Parading around Florida living in other people's posh residences while becoming a maitre'd in a restaurant named after him...I hope he does a 100 years
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 02:54 PM

Dino if the feds dont make a Rico con big things murder,drugs,racket ecc I doubt that joey will do a 20 to life sentence.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Dino if the feds dont make a Rico con big things murder,drugs,racket ecc I doubt that joey will do a 20 to life sentence.

thanks for the update furio, much appreciated

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 02:57 PM

You could bet if the Feds wrapped up Merlino in this case that they got him by the balls or a cooperating witness.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 03:14 PM

This link has the indictment:

http://nypost.com/2016/08/04/fbi-arrests-dozens-of-mobsters-around-nyc/

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 03:19 PM

Patsy Parello and Joey Merlino had a gambling business together
Posted By: MusclesMarinara

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 03:52 PM

Surprisingly nobody else from Philly was indicted.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 03:53 PM

http://www.phillyvoice.com/joey-merlino-arrested-major-mob-bust/

"Ironically, it appears that Merlino and many of those charged Thursday were in fact the targets of an FBI undercover investigation in which cooperating witnesses, some wearing audio and video recording equipment, infiltrated the groups. The investigation includes hundreds of hours of taped conversations.

Merlino met frequently with at least one cooperator who recorded him and dozens of others, according to a law enforcement source who worked in Florida.

“Not only are you going to hear these guys,” said the source, “but you’re going to see them talking.”"
Posted By: gangstereport

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 04:04 PM

Alot of very heavy New York members in this indictment recognizing alot of names

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 04:06 PM

we all knew the feds were going after him hard in Florida for quite some time this was coming thats why i dont think there is little if any other philly guys
Posted By: pmac

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 04:06 PM

So just read this on the post. Few things i seen. Frank harpo luchese guy was lil als driver and been around paul vario. Alot of mde guys mostly from the bronx doesnt surprise me merlino was conmected to the bronx guys he spent 12 yers in prison with most of them. Probaly backed him as boss to thats why no one fucked with him. But whts with the feds indicted him in nyc nd just putting his name next to parello on every charge. They couldnt indict him in philly or florida? Also anyone know if anyother phillys guys are indicted. Hes not named in the gun trafficking thing so its all gambling and 1 health fraud which i wonder how that worked. So just think if merlino was even getting money witg the nyc guys how much was he getting at home. Im trying to find the Massachusetts connection taking a guess its whats ever left of the springfield crew working with the bronx guys.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
So just read this on the post. Few things i seen. Frank harpo luchese guy was lil als driver and been around paul vario. Alot of mde guys mostly from the bronx doesnt surprise me merlino was conmected to the bronx guys he spent 12 yers in prison with most of them. Probaly backed him as boss to thats why no one fucked with him. But whts with the feds indicted him in nyc nd just putting his name next to parello on every charge. They couldnt indict him in philly or florida? Also anyone know if anyother phillys guys are indicted. Hes not named in the gun trafficking thing so its all gambling and 1 health fraud which i wonder how that worked. So just think if merlino was even getting money witg the nyc guys how much was he getting at home. Im trying to find the Massachusetts connection taking a guess its whats ever left of the springfield crew working with the bronx guys.

I wonder if any Philly guys even knew that Joey was doing business with NY.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 04:11 PM

i think johnny joes son has been indicted. Some other Bonanno made guys i think have been indicted.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 04:14 PM

Spirito is referred to as "Johnny Joe" in the indictment. That's senior.

They also mention someone named Daniel Marino, Jr. Is that the one and only?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 04:18 PM

Parrello looks like he is fucked he is facing alot charges

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 04:19 PM

Didn't Patsy lose a child?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto
Didn't Patsy lose a child?

Yeah he was murdered when he slapped the shit out of tore locascio

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 04:36 PM

Yaeh the jumping joe guy hes been in prison since 2003 sucks to catch a new case think he was to be released in a few years. Always wonderd if hes on the rizutto revenge list from the grave for killing george from Canada his best friend.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 04:48 PM

Is Anthony Nicodemo talking at all?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 04:49 PM

The Feds weren't indicting Merlino unless they had an airtight case...and Joey doesn't have $1,000,000 lying around for another RICO case, that's for certain
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 04:56 PM

I don't think Rizzuto planned on committing anymore murders in the U.S. as that is what cost him pretty much every male in his family except Leonardo.

This does seem weird that Merlino was the ONLY guy from Philly indicted. Either he was stupid and was caught slacking by meeting the underlings or the Feds are just on a witch hunt. We should see soon enough once the trial starts.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 05:04 PM

Philly has been reduced to a gang of gamblers and thieves, there was more to be gained linking up with NY then with the current landscape of Philly OC. Looks like Joey was padding his portfolio and after 2 Federal convictions...if they have him on tape (and I believe the evidence is clear and convincing), he won't return a free man until he's in his 70's "at least."

The million dollar question is: Will Joey turn state's evidence? History says absolutely not and for that, I give him a lot of credit...but fresh out of the can after 14 years and just beginning to live the high life (albeit on other people's dimes) again, this could be the bust where he disappears into WITSEC for good...or the bust where the Feds put the final nail in his coffin. VERY INTERESTING! Now I see why all these Philly mob fanatics gush over this midget, he's without question more entertaining than the Eagles, Phillies and 76ers!

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 05:12 PM

Why wouldnt they indict merlino. It makes a great headline. There gonna hold him for 2 years awaiting trial cause hes a boss. Joey probaly not dumb anuff to meet with anyone lower then a capo from nyc after nicky skins was taping him. He will have his mouth piece lawyer forgot name saying he did nothing wrong an cant wait for trial. Looks like the feds had to bring the nyc office in tge mix to make a case against merlino. Weres uncle joe or mazzone strange. Must have been meeting parello secretly. Hes not charged with any violence so i dont no how the bail will go. Hes lawyer Jacobs. Parellos fucked thou. How bad did they want to get barneys name in this indictment.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 05:20 PM

Why wouldnt they indict merlino. It makes a great headline. There gonna hold him for 2 years awaiting trial cause hes a boss. Joey probaly not dumb anuff to meet with anyone lower then a capo from nyc after nicky skins was taping him. He will have his mouth piece lawyer forgot name saying he did nothing wrong an cant wait for trial. Looks like the feds had to bring the nyc office in tge mix to make a case against merlino. Weres uncle joe or mazzone strange. Must have been meeting parello secretly. Hes not charged with any violence so i dont no how the bail will go. Hes lawyer Jacobs. Parellos fucked thou. How bad did they want to get barneys name in this indictment.

Whoever the cooperating witness is against Merlino, the Feds wanted him...BADLY! 2 prior Federal Convictions...and they got him on tape and under video...he's fucked
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 05:22 PM

Quote:
Merlino emerged in the 1990s as the face of the Philadelphia mob. He was a charismatic and well-known personality, the city’s only celebrity gangster, the John Gotti of Passyunk Avenue. He and an entourage of young, well-dressed, good looking mobsters would frequent the clubs along Delaware Avenue and at the Jersey Shore.

Is Anastasia gay? In The Goodfella Tapes he called virtually every mobster he was talking about "handsome", which is debatable at best.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: dinocrocetti

Whoever the cooperating witness is against Merlino, the Feds wanted him...BADLY! 2 prior Federal Convictions...and they got him on tape and under video...he's fucked

Could be a "witch hunt" either. Just like when those pesky feds put Ciancaglini and Merlino in that VIP room together when Merlino was under tight parole restrictions.
Posted By: Garbageman

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 05:24 PM

Yep, pmac. They're not stupid. They indicted Merlino in NY because they've got upper 90's conviction/plea deal rates. This guy is fucked. The charges aren't anything like the ones back in the heyday's, kind of pathetic, but most likely damage enough to flip dozens.
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 05:25 PM

Philly Mafia boss Joseph Merlino and mobsters of 5 different crime families charged with racketeering http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/bl...-different-crim

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 05:29 PM

Note the below.

Quote:
Merlino's name is mentioned in connection with only a few of the allegations in the indictment, including participating in three sports gambling businesses - one based in Costa Rica, the others in New York, New Jersey and Florida. Merlino is also accused of participating in a scheme to bribe doctors to prescribe unnecessary "prescription compound cream" to patients, the indictment says.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20160805_Joey_Merlino_arrested_in_federal_mob_crackdown.html

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 05:33 PM

40 NY guys and 1 guy from Philly
Posted By: DB

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 05:43 PM

Looks like a bullshit case if you ask me

Basically trumped up gambling charges however they snuck RICO in their to get some more time out of these guys and leverage and their are some real hitters in the indictment . Without the RICO, a conviction sentence wouldn't be too bad for most. All will plea down except for Joey as they dying to bust him out financially and with good time.

Westside and Luchesse have been expanding their business big time in SJ and also into Phily. I think there were beefs and sit downs over Philly gambling territory / houses etc. so I wouldn't be shocked if Merlino worked something out with the Bronx guys.

No Columbo guys huh , looks like they are doing most of their biz in BK and LI. Bonnanos have more guys then them IMO ( just a hunch )

Seems like a case to get Merlino and possibly give a message to wise guys that they will continue to come down hard on gambling as IMO gambling is really really big for the guys in NY and NJ. Those poker rooms with NY players can bring in multiple thousands a week with very little risk and serve as a solid way to get big lucrative loan shark in clients . Even though the loans are paid back quickly the volume makes up for it . Poker rooms a very lucrative and very low risk racket , except you have no social life lol

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 05:47 PM

someone was wearing a wire on him will be interesting to see the tapes. But he is only facing gambling charges he will do time but i will be suprised if he gets more than 5 6 years. I think Joeys problem is this case is just the begining this was the case the feds in Florida have been building against him feds in philly have not brought there case yet and like Geogre A said there is a good chance joeys going to get hit with more charges

This case i dont think involved anyone in philly because its to do with what Joey was doing in Florida guys like Mazzone and johnny chang why would they benefit from anything joey is doing.

will be interesting to see if he gets bail

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 05:50 PM

oh yeah didnt the ny gov. make fanatsy sports legal in nyc on tuesday, are they gonna start keno type rooms for fantasy. thats probaly why the big bust. how bout merlino face on the daily news over all the other big guys. so we all agrea thats dan marinos kid rite is he made?
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 06:04 PM

Merlino's also facing charges on the health care fraud.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 06:11 PM

Can you guys stop responding to the dinocroc troll. Really spamming the thread and making it harder to sift through normal replies from non trolls. Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Biggie

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 06:14 PM

funny, for a long time ive read a lot of the experts on here say that new York wouldn't bother with joey, west side hates joey, joey this, joey that...this case, seems to prove to the contrary, no, guys?
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 06:14 PM

so joey merlino got alot of guys arrested.......BIG FUCKING SHOCK

ny mob must not be what it used to be if they were dumb enough to work with him

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Biggie
funny, for a long time ive read a lot of the experts on here say that new York wouldn't bother with joey, west side hates joey, joey this, joey that...this case, seems to prove to the contrary, no, guys?

Yes. There is one guy who used to be quite vocal about that.

Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 06:42 PM

One article had Merlino in a white RR...looks like fed snapped pictures

Dont know if that is in Philly or Florida
Posted By: British

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 06:50 PM

Does this take down hurt any of the families?

Read a lot of these guys are associates

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
One article had Merlino in a white RR...looks like fed snapped pictures

Dont know if that is in Philly or Florida

http://gangsterreport.com/gr-sources-bor...k-on-same-page/

Last week, Merlino was visiting his age-old Margate, New Jersey summer vacation stomping grounds. He’s reportedly gone now, vacationing out on the west coast. During his July trip to the Shore, Skinny Joey was seen tooling around in a new model, white-colored Rolls Royce.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 06:53 PM

I wonder who the rat/rats are.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: British

So far I count 2 Genovese captains, 1 Genovese acting captain, 2 Genovese soldiers, 2 Lucchese soldiers, 2 Bonanno soldiers. I'm wondering if Danny Marino Jr is made with the Gambinos. Probably others too.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 06:59 PM

Conrad Iannello indicted as well.
Not referenced as a capo.
He's a soldier now?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

So far I count 2 Genovese captains, 1 Genovese acting captain, 2 Genovese soldiers, 2 Lucchese soldiers, 2 Bonanno soldiers. I'm wondering if Danny Marino Jr is made with the Gambinos. Probably others too.
I think maiorino and spirito have been acting bonnano captains

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 07:21 PM

Over masslive a handfull of genovese associates from springfield got scooped up the indictment still sealed but looks like they were dealing with one of the bronx capos.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 08:02 PM

gangland news next week should be good capeci normally goes into alot of detail

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 08:03 PM

Ivy, what do you think the chances are that the rat/rats stem from this Genovese case from 2014? Seeing how it has the same criminal components.
http://nj.gov/oag/newsreleases14/pr20141021b.html
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 08:15 PM

Well we know who he was making friends with in the joint .

May be the same guys who got Skinny out of a few jams back when NY wanted what Philly had in north jersey or it's possible that Skinny gave them what they wanted .

Well I guess Florida is going to get what they paid for paying all that money to LE to follow his every move.

Wonder if Skinny is going to get the cold shoulder for being so flamboyant and drawing so much attention going to be very interesting .
Posted By: dave213

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 08:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caeaercSwDg

Also, DS and GA will do a special report at 5 PM for those in Philly.

Dave Schratwieser ‏@DSchratwieser 3h3 hours ago
@FOX29philly Indictment charges Merlino and other suspects met at highway rest stops & restaurants to scheme#fox29

Dave Schratwieser ‏@DSchratwieser 4h4 hours ago
@FOX29philly FBI sources say Merlino busted at Boca Raton home just after sun up. Lawyer says "not 1st Rodeo"#fox29

Pics from DS's twitter.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: dave213

All Schratwieser's Christmases have come at once.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 08:53 PM

/me chuckles at moe

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 08:57 PM

This is honestly shocking since he keeps such a low profile
Posted By: mackinblack007

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 08:58 PM

All the talk of philly being jack asses, low level, street punks, gets so fucking old, most of these guys are 2nd and 3rd gen made men, they have 60 fucking buttons on the streets, and they haven't had a made guy flip since the fucking 90's, I wouldn't wanna tangle with them.
Posted By: miklo

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 08:58 PM

Can you make a Insiders details arrétés members of families and associate members arrétés for what families do they work

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: dave213

Dave Schratwieser ‏@DSchratwieser 3h3 hours ago
@FOX29philly Indictment charges Merlino and other suspects met at highway rest stops & restaurants to scheme#fox29

Dave Schratwieser ‏@DSchratwieser 4h4 hours ago
@FOX29philly FBI sources say Merlino busted at Boca Raton home just after sun up. Lawyer says "not 1st Rodeo"#fox29

Pics from DS's twitter.

That's Margate in those pictures

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 09:31 PM

I hope Joey gets hit hard. All the people he's murdered and screwed over deserve justice. It's a good day.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 09:50 PM

60 made guys are you serious?

geogre A said a few years back they had just over 20 i know a few guys have got out of prison and few more got made but 60 is ridiculous i dont even think scarfo era was that high. Dont think i have ever seen anyone say they are all old guys
Posted By: Chicken713

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 10:03 PM

He probably does have a better chance in a philly court. So not surprised they won't take him there.

Joey has a good lawyer. Interested to see how trial goes. There's a small chance he could beat this thing. Most likely he won't but you know how his luck goes.
Posted By: CTamg63

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 10:09 PM

The guy onofrio from Ct. Must be pretty low key im familiar with a few westside guys from the fairfield county area but havent heard much about this guy said hes a capo who ran or oversaw crews in little italy and springfield .I know it was said recently that a soldier Calvanese i think the last name was was running things day to day up in springfield im guessing they must ne kicking up to onofrio i saw five names from springfield that were indicted a couple were familiar but albert calvanese supposed soldier in charge wasnt one of them

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Chicken713
He probably does have a better chance in a philly court. So not surprised they won't take him there.

Joey has a good lawyer. Interested to see how trial goes. There's a small chance he could beat this thing. Most likely he won't but you know how his luck goes.

I am not disagreeing but why do you say this?
Posted By: Kash

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 10:34 PM

Looks to me like the Bronx guys are the central target here. Considering how bad a few of the fed LCN cases have gone lately (Ligambi, Asaro, & Santora), I wouldn't count Joey as chunked away yet. Let's be real, the Feds have a hard on for him we haven't seen since the Gottis. Even if this case is weak, they would love nothing more than inconveniencing him.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 10:34 PM

It's like Joey wants to get caught every single time. Look at the top guys in all the other families....you don't even have a recent picture of them. If you're in this life then stay low and keep a low profile. No need to roll around in a Rolls Royce like P-Diddy trying to get attention. And worst of all, guy name's a restaurant after himself in Boca. I guess Joey loves and craves attention.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Kash
Looks to me like the Bronx guys are the central target here. Considering how bad a few of the fed LCN cases have gone lately (Ligambi, Asaro, & Santora), I wouldn't count Joey as chunked away yet. Let's be real, the Feds have a hard on for him we haven't seen since the Gottis. Even if this case is weak, they would love nothing more than inconveniencing him.

Well it's not like Gotti and Merlino made it hard for them is it? It's not like they are getting put on trial for jaywalking or something. Gotti rigged two trials, threatened juror's lives, had his neighbor dissolved in acid and openly discussed hits on tape.

How is that having a "hard on"?

LoCascio is the only guy that can possibly feel hard done by, seeing that bloatface implicating everyone and bringing the heat on everyone while he (LoCascio) tried to remain stoic.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 11:00 PM

I meant Gotti Jr more than Sr. I don't think I'm speaking out of school to say the Feds hated the Gottis & Merlino. They flaunted it and that's why they got/get jammed up so often. Merlino loves the limelight no doubt. All I'm saying is I'm going to wait to see what they have on him because he seems like the headline grabber more than the star of the indictment. The Feds talk big every time there is a bust but like I said, with some recent cases...

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Well it's not like Gotti and Merlino made it hard for them is it? It's not like they are getting put on trial for jaywalking or something. Gotti rigged two trials, threatened juror's lives, had his neighbor dissolved in acid and openly discussed hits on tape.

I have to agree with you. It's amazing to see so many people defend these animals. Have they watched GoodFellas too many times or? I wonder what the deal is.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: gangstereport
60 made guys are you serious?

geogre A said a few years back they had just over 20 i know a few guys have got out of prison and few more got made but 60 is ridiculous i dont even think scarfo era was that high. Dont think i have ever seen anyone say they are all old guys

There are approximately 50 or so total members. Not all active on the street, obviously, but recent news reports said it's the most since the 1980s.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Garbageman
Ivy, what do you think the chances are that the rat/rats stem from this Genovese case from 2014? Seeing how it has the same criminal components.
http://nj.gov/oag/newsreleases14/pr20141021b.html

One CW is supposedly from the Genovese family so it wouldn't surprise me. Though it would surprise me if it were a made guy.
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 11:10 PM

I guess he won't be opening a cigar bar on Passyunk ave. After all. Lol. Wtf.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 11:12 PM

if you include guys in prison aswell then maybe it is near 50 but the amount of the streets is not even close. All charts i have seen have around mid 30s and thats with guys who some believe are inactive nicky the whip for example

Geogre A and the feds had i think around 23 made guys on the streets in 2008 they have not had 37 made guys appear on the streets in the last 8 years thats why i replied to the guys post

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 11:24 PM

if you include guys in prison aswell then maybe it is near 50 but the amount of the streets is not even close. All charts i have seen have around mid 30s and thats with guys who some believe are inactive nicky the whip for example

Geogre A and the feds had i think around 23 made guys on the streets in 2008 they have not had 37 made guys appear on the streets in the last 8 years thats why i replied to the guys post

50 total members means active, inactive, and in prison. Obviously not 50 active on the street. For a time in the early 2000s, it was down to about a dozen active members on the street and it's risen steadily since then.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 11:52 PM

hate to say it but the genovese capo has a restaurant named after him to and if pretty famous my guess his restarant on a historic street in nyc that holds 100 or more people im guessing is worth multi millions. 5x merlino place and a few rolls royces. and his name is slapped right on it. even if its 100+ percent legit probaly in his wifes name or kid its patsy. doesnt that draw attention.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 11:52 PM

Philly has had 3 fairly recent ceremonies within the last 5 years though havent they?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 11:55 PM

Poor Joey...He has been on the streets what like 3 years? Damn...Cant believe he got busted before Georgie and his social club

Looks like he is going back for a bit of a vacation

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/04/16 11:56 PM

it must piss the feds this guy owns a place on aurthor ave and its his name on it. just like that other guy that owns parkside must really make them hate them.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 12:03 AM

hate to say it but the genovese capo has a restaurant named after him to and if pretty famous my guess his restarant on a historic street in nyc that holds 100 or more people im guessing is worth multi millions. 5x merlino place and a few rolls royces. and his name is slapped right on it. even if its 100+ percent legit probaly in his wifes name or kid its patsy. doesnt that draw attention.

Maybe a little attention, but it's not like the feds don't know who the guy is. Most of these guys are involved in bookmaking and rackets that are relatively harmless. The old days are so over. We hardly see a hit these days.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 12:30 AM

I have to agree with you. It's amazing to see so many people defend these animals. Have they watched GoodFellas too many times or? I wonder what the deal is.

I'm not defending Joey. You reap what you sow. When you live that life you get what's coming. When you antagonize the Feds, you get indicted. I'm just curious if Joey's case is strong. That's all
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 02:49 AM

http://www.fox29.com/news/185269654-story

Fox Philly News Report w/ video

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 08:28 AM

I'm not defending Joey. You reap what you sow. When you live that life you get what's coming. When you antagonize the Feds, you get indicted. I'm just curious if Joey's case is strong. That's all

While your statement of reaping what you sow is essentially true, the feds do not require antagonizing when they've got cooperating witnesses. You just become a sitting duck for the CW and their new team of friends. That CW is out there looking for the biggest fish he can catch and he's riding on the government's dime.
And of course this case, like every other multi year extravaganza, is buffed up with a nice RICO enhancement. So many cases like this wind up using that RICO charge as the first bargaining chip in plea deals and poof... Away goes the worst charge.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 11:40 AM

Here is the FBI news release:
https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/man...organized-crime

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 12:44 PM

ok..from reading this indictment, and read what I just said, this indictment (I'm sure there is a lot more stuff), but from this paperwork, parello and his guys seem to be in a world of trouble...and the springfield guys as well..but..the rest of the case (again, from reading this paperwork), if guys didn't have priors, they would get short time or even probation, its nonsense..
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 12:54 PM

Looks like those arrested in Boca were arrested for the health care fraud end of things. Im guessing they were affiliated with Merlino amd thats the bulk of the evidence against Merlino? The charges against Merlino dont look compelling at all. Just my initial take.
Posted By: irishkaos

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 12:55 PM

Makes you wonder how many guys in Philly were even kicking up to Merlino, that he had (or wanted) to be involved with taking relative unknowns under him who turn out to be informants. Hard to see someone like Joey Pung giving someone like Joey Merlino anything.
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 01:01 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking. If he didn't have the name recognition or the record, it appears that he would be a blip in this. I wonder what "compounding cream" is??

I won't even bother commenting about his relationships with the other families. No one knows how shallow or deep they were. The indictment does say that Parello gave the rat guy permission to work with Merlino; it doesn't YET say that they were best buddies. The tapes will tell, eventually.

Originally Posted By: Belmont
Looks like those arrested in Boca were arrested for the health care fraud end of things. Im guessing they were affiliated with Merlino amd thats the bulk of the evidence against Merlino? The charges against Merlino dont look compelling at all. Just my initial take.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 01:15 PM

irishk..did you read the indictment at all? or just throwing abstract shit out? 'he had or wanted to be involved with taking relative unknowns under him'..where is that coming from? indictment has the CW and UC working in the Bronx, bud, not in florida, and the guys in ny were heavy and not unknowns..i have no idea how you would draw the correlation you just drew, none whatsoever...I personally have no clue at all as to what is or was going down..but as an outsider, id draw the exact opposite conclusion that you just did, id say because he is in with ny, that everyone else has to listen, that's my take, again, as an outsider like yourself...

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 01:15 PM

Interesting day yesterday. Looks like state and Feds raided local 98 in south philly yesterday.

http://www.fox29.com/news/local-news/185631087-story

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 01:27 PM

irishk..did you read the indictment at all? or just throwing abstract shit out? 'he had or wanted to be involved with taking relative unknowns under him'..where is that coming from? indictment has the CW and UC working in the Bronx, bud, not in florida, and the guys in ny were heavy and not unknowns..i have no idea how you would draw the correlation you just drew, none whatsoever...I personally have no clue at all as to what is or was going down..but as an outsider, id draw the exact opposite conclusion that you just did, id say because he is in with ny, that everyone else has to listen, that's my take, again, as an outsider like yourself...

"At one point, with PARRELLO’S approval, CW-1 began working under JOSEPH MERLINO, a/k/a “Joey,” believed to be the Boss of the Philadelphia Crime Family, who resided in southern Florida for part of the year."

That seems to imply that he was working under Merlino, does it not? Obviously we don't know to what extent but it still speaks volumes that Joey; the supposed "Boss" would even associate with guys he has no prior connection to. Bet everyone else in Philly is thrilled this guy never came back to Philly full-time with the amount of heat he brings.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 01:47 PM

The fact that a acting skipper and a made guy that were busted were never even known as made guys .

There must be more that fly under the radar .

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 01:56 PM

I guarantee the case against Merlino is tighter than a Nun's Tuna. The Feds wouldnt risk Merlino beating them at trial yet again. I bet you hear and see Joey committing crimes as evidence.

I also bet Joey is kicking himself right now wishing he just stayed to committing crimes with his crew of close childhood friends in Philly and did not "branch out" with NY LCN guys as he did from reading this indictment. Hindesight is 20/20.

I also bet this was a part of them sending down Nicky Skins to speak with Merlino back in 2011/2012.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 01:59 PM

I also bet the reason of him branching out to NY LCN guys was to keep up with his beyond extravagant lifestyle he was living since getting out of the can. I bet the envelopes coming in from Johnny Chang and Stevie Mazzone from Philly just weren't enough $$$$ for Joey....

This is just my thoughts/predictions on why Joey started working with NY LCN.....

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 02:08 PM

I have a hard time believeing that Joey Merlino 'ever' had any 'real' money. I say this in comparison to Angelo Bruno and Nicky Scarfo

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 02:56 PM

dante, you may be right..my statement was, from the indictment material, the case looks weak on him and its on health care fraud, not the violent street crimes...that's my only point..irish, if a guy in the position parrello is in introduces you to someone to do business with, you trust his judgement..its not like merlino just solicited a guy at his lounge to do something with, the cw is obviously someone whos been around...dino..your last statement..i totally agree with it...

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 03:22 PM

Very interested to know if the CW is made.

Would assume he is if he was Parellos point guy in Florida working directly with Merlino.

Could be further charges, indictments if this guy was a Genovese button.

Was Barone the last Westside soldier to flip?
Posted By: F_white

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 03:43 PM

When will merlino learn.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 04:14 PM

Interesting that the Philly boss was brought down by a rat from the Genovese family. Go figure.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 04:16 PM

yaeh it seems the cw was very well trusted by parello. taking direct orders from. or could it be a roving bug? so im guessing merlino keeps meeting who ever from the genovese and saying ok yep just give me my cutt. probaly has to do with operations in philly like we heard they paid uncle joe. thats why none of the philly guys are indicted it was probaly joey just saying yes you can give me my cutt which is why its rico consp. the boneheads up in mass just going to the old give me some money or else is nuts in 2016 nunt it wouldnt shock me if there still getting money from a few club owners out in western mass.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Was Barone the last Westside soldier to flip?

No. Barone flipped in 2003. Ray Ruggiero flipped sometime between 2007 and 2011. And Anthony Arilotta and Felix Tranghese flipped in 2010.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 05:15 PM

Some rare up close footage of Patsy Parrello at 1:50

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 05:58 PM

The crazy part is that Joe Binder is still alive. He's 106.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 06:05 PM

"Tighter than a nun's tuna". lol

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 06:29 PM

[img]https://mobile.twitter.com/DSchratwieser/status/761240420705763328/photo/1[/img]

Is that Phil Ligambi Skinny Joey is meeting with in Longport/Margate in Mayonaise Face's Twitter feed?
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 08:11 PM

Originally Posted By: dinocrocetti

LMAO...it was only a matter of time before the Feds got another crack at the punk. Parading around Florida living in other people's posh residences while becoming a maitre'd in a restaurant named after him...I hope he does a 100 years

I also hope he gets 100 years...He's another knucklehead...But are the feds serious..They spent multi years putting this nothing case together ??

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 08:58 PM

Lol why would you "hope somebody gets 100 years" did one of these guys bully you when you were younger or something, smh

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 09:01 PM

Why would somebody even name a restaurant after themselves? Smart guys would call it Giovanni's or some shit. Fly under the radar. But I guess it's Joey's cockiness.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
[img]https://mobile.twitter.com/DSchratwieser/status/761240420705763328/photo/1[/img]

Is that Phil Ligambi Skinny Joey is meeting with in Longport/Margate in Mayonaise Face's Twitter feed?

Lol, forgot about the Mayo Face nickname.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 09:55 PM

Will these guys be held in custody till their court cases?

Got to think Philly will not cut any ties to Joey, Ligambi is well respected and what he says goes whether he wants retirement or not ?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 10:19 PM

Will these guys be held in custody till their court cases?

Got to think Philly will not cut any ties to Joey, Ligambi is well respected and what he says goes whether he wants retirement or not ?

I think it all depends if Joey kept his side shit a secret or shared the wealth with the Philly fam. We shall see...

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Lol why would you "hope somebody gets 100 years" did one of these guys bully you when you were younger or something, smh
I don't like the ''look me i'm a wiseguy'' types...And i don't feel bad giving harsh penalties to criminals !!

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 11:02 PM

so you think there should be a difference in sentencing for someone like bellomo because he is not a john gotti type mobster. Did Gigante do anything better than gotti? they both had people killed so i dont understand your point here
Posted By: marine

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/05/16 11:45 PM

ha ha dude is a punk.. You know I wuz a gona say sumthin.. stupid fuck .. just like a few of you guys said .. Stupid punk had other peoples houses, other peoples restaruants, other peoples bugatties..or roles royaces.. you gotta be stupid.. In your face he was .. and his fag followers AMAZE me.. One of you sword swallowers said " joey had killers in his corner" For real please Haha.. They want to kill someone join the army or marines.. isis CANT wait to kill Americans.. Go ahead tough guys.. If he just had a $200,000 250 house down jersey somewhere he would b fine.. An just a nice quiet lookin lexus.. Also staying with your guys from your area.. And not even talkin with any new young guys.. Dude was a loser.. but he only deserves 5-7.. I think that compound may have been anti wrinkle or maybe a steroid.. the anti wrinkle has a steroid in it also.. I think.. I said I think.. Older women pay $$ for that shit u know that.. Well any way your dealing with doctors they did 8-12 years of school... their pure professionals their gonna tell the feds Everything..Thier doctors..

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 01:17 AM

so you think there should be a difference in sentencing for someone like bellomo because he is not a john gotti type mobster. Did Gigante do anything better than gotti? they both had people killed so i dont understand your point here

The smart guys keep it on the DL. The idiots brag about it. That's how you get caught. Cali and Bellomo are smart players. How many pictures of them have you seen recently? They keep their shit tight, they don't flaunt their fortunes. I respect that.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: MusclesMarinara

The smart guys keep it on the DL. The idiots brag about it. That's how you get caught. Cali and Bellomo are smart players. How many pictures of them have you seen recently? They keep their shit tight, they don't flaunt their fortunes. I respect that.

Completely irrelevant to the subject. Read what Gangstereport said again, this time slowly if your too retarded.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 02:57 AM

"Thirty-nine of the defendants charged were taken into custody today. During the arrests, law enforcement officers recovered, among other items, three handguns, a shotgun, gambling paraphernalia, and more than $30,000 in cash."

There are some who'll dismiss what I'm about to post as being a fanboy but these indictments scream of personal vendetta by the Feds.
I'd LOVE to see the dollars and resources spent on this 'widespread racketeering'.

Let's look at the quote above from the federal press release.
46 people arrested and a TOTAL of THREE handguns and ONE shotgun 'recovered'.
Ask yourselves what that number would've been if it was a raid on the bloods, crisp, Latin Kings, 'insert name here' Mexican/columbiam drug cartel?
Personally I'd think it'd be at least 5. rolleyes

$30,0000. Cash. Wow. Seems like a lot huh? FORTY SIX ARRESTED and a GRAND TOTAL of $30k is seized. What a conspiracy.
Agian. Imagine the dollars recovered against a drug cartel.
Do we think it'd be more or less, than fucking 30k...

Gambling paraphernalia? Really? That's worth noting? What, deck of cards? Sports sheet? What a joke.

I'm not saying crimes weren't commited.
But God knows how many years and GOD KNOWS how many millions were spent because Patsy Parillo told some guys to give a kicking to a guy who was hassling female patrons outside his restaurant. Or to give a guy a scare because they gambled, lost and owed them serious coin.
And because a guys name is Joey Merlino and he's a trophy.
But hey, they got 4 guns off the street.

What a joke.

Compare what would've been resulted if this was a two year multimillion dollar investigation against a drug cartel, or the crops, or the bloods, Latin Kings, hells angels, pagens etc etc.

A fucking damn site more than four guns, a betting sheet and an assault against a drunken abusive hobo.

And that's not fanboy shit. It's simply obviously ridiculous allocation of policing resources. When compared with obvious alternatives.

The Mafia gets headlines. That's ALL this achieved.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 03:08 AM

And for perspective:
The idiot grandchild and namesake of John Gotti got caught dealing Oxy in the adjacent thread was making $100k a month.
The Feds pulled $30k from 39 arrested.
That's less than a thousand dollars on average for everyone arrested.

So John Gotti Jnr, not mob affiliated, financially, was worth in illegal proceeds OVER A HUNDRED TIMES MORE than each of these 'Mafia Goons'!

Now, tell me this wasn't personal. Or that it was federal resources well spent.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 03:31 AM

Dead on Sonny and if you only knew what the Feds do to the people that are in the way or around these people they destroy them along there way .

You will never hear what the Feds do never it's a disgrace do it right or don't do it at all .

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 04:17 AM

I wasn't trying to make a point, I was asked why I wanted him sentenced to 100 years and I said because I don't like the flashy guys who falunt their stupidity... I never said anything about guy's like Bellomo or Gigante..But yes I respect them far more if that's your question !!

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 07:34 AM

And for perspective:
The idiot grandchild and namesake of John Gotti got caught dealing Oxy in the adjacent thread was making $100k a month.
The Feds pulled $30k from 39 arrested.
That's less than a thousand dollars on average for everyone arrested.

So John Gotti Jnr, not mob affiliated, financially, was worth in illegal proceeds OVER A HUNDRED TIMES MORE than each of these 'Mafia Goons'!

Now, tell me this wasn't personal. Or that it was federal resources well spent.

First, you would have a point if law enforcement were ignoring cartels or violent gangs to go after the LCN. But they don't. They go after all of them.

Second, your comparison above is of cash confiscated in the multi-family bust with figures alleged (through recorded phone conversations) in the Gotti bust. Not exactly apples to apples.

Gotti is alleged to have said that his operation was taking in $100,000 a month and $1.6 million so far. The contraband cigarettes alone in the multi-family bust were worth $3 million.

But more to the point, money confiscated doesn't exactly tell the whole story in a bust like this, especially when gambling is the big thing. The millions of dollars taken in is amassed over time from collections from hundreds or thousands of gamblers and then funneled elsewhere. You're typically not going to have a huge cash seizure in one place like with drug busts.

As an aside, I don't know if we can really say Gotti is "not mob affiliated" considering how many family members he has in the mob. Maybe this was an independent operation. Then again, maybe it was done with the sanction of the mob.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 07:51 AM

"Thirty-nine of the defendants charged were taken into custody today. During the arrests, law enforcement officers recovered, among other items, three handguns, a shotgun, gambling paraphernalia, and more than $30,000 in cash."

There are some who'll dismiss what I'm about to post as being a fanboy but these indictments scream of personal vendetta by the Feds.
I'd LOVE to see the dollars and resources spent on this 'widespread racketeering'.

Ask yourselves what that number would've been if it was a raid on the bloods, crisp, Latin Kings, 'insert name here' Mexican/columbiam drug cartel?

$30,0000. Cash. Wow. Seems like a lot huh? FORTY SIX ARRESTED and a GRAND TOTAL of $30k is seized. What a conspiracy.

Gambling paraphernalia? Really? That's worth noting? What, deck of cards? Sports sheet? What a joke.

But God knows how many years and GOD KNOWS how many millions were spent because Patsy Parillo told some guys to give a kicking to a guy who was hassling female patrons outside his restaurant. Or to give a guy a scare because they gambled, lost and owed them serious coin.

What a joke.

Compare what would've been resulted if this was a two year multimillion dollar investigation against a drug cartel, or the crops, or the bloods, Latin Kings, hells angels, pagens etc etc.

A fucking damn site more than four guns, a betting sheet and an assault against a drunken abusive hobo.

And that's not fanboy shit. It's simply obviously ridiculous allocation of policing resources. When compared with obvious alternatives.

how many gang members have shot somebody with a mac.10 in a fine dining restaurant

merlino should've quit while he was ahead
Posted By: ankylosaurus

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 10:47 AM

During Anastasia & DS' second report, at the beginning of the Thursday 6PM channel 29 news, Anastasia said this is just the first wave of charges and there will be one or two more. Did anyone else catch that?
Posted By: mickey2

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 11:23 AM

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/man...organized-crime

good pictures:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...crime-case.html
Posted By: dsd

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 12:57 PM

I'm confused about why Genovese Parello's son got killed because his Dad slapped Gambino Locascio?
I read couple of articles, they don't explain
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 01:04 PM

That pic that supposed to be Parrello is Michael Taccetta if I recall correctly..

Nicky The Wig Vuolo, should buy a better wig with the money he's making LOL

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 02:04 PM

Not sure how accurate those pictures were.
In addition to Parello being Taccetta, Johnny Joe Spirito is in prison until 2021
Posted By: azguy

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 05:18 PM

Heck, from the pictures it looks like most guys didn't even get lunch before they bailed out. They show mostly people leaving jail.

It also goes to show you that while many proclaimed Springfield dead, it seems there's more than 1 or 2 guys still kicking around up there.
Posted By: Noddercrew

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 07:28 PM

MERLINO IS HAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A JERKOFF PERIOD.

HIS FOOD JOINT IN BOCA LASTED SIX MONTHS I GUESS HIS MOM'S SECRET GRAVY TASTED LIKE DOG FOOD?

I LIVE IN DELRAY I NEVER SAW HIM I GUESS HE WAS TO BUSY SELLING DOCTORS CREAM AND GETTING BUSTED ON SOME THIRD RATE FBI OPERATION STUPID WOP.
AND IF ANYONE THINKS IM SAYING THIS HIDING ONLINE TELL ME WERE AND WHEN ILL SAY IT TO ANYONE OF HIS LOW LIFE HAS BEEN WANNABE BROKE ASS LOSER NO BRAIN BUDDY'S
DO THE WORLD A FAVOR GET CANCER JUMP IN THE BOX ALREADY SCUM BUM

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 07:47 PM

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 07:48 PM

What a joke.

Sonny, that's what happens when the names are bigger news.
On a side note. The more I think about it, the more I believe one of these CW's is the ghost of Nicky Skins. Skins was running the contraband cigarettes scam along with Reynold Maragni during this period.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 08:08 PM

@Garbageman: RE Skins: good thought but he was a Gambino, Parello is Westside. And my understanding is the CW was under Parello.

@Ivy: My point was that LE has a finite resource base and IMO this was a poor allocation given the options. Gambling, minor violence (assault), cigs and small fraud over multi year and multi million investigation vs those resources directed against a cartel for example would've, IMO yielded significantly more valuable results to society.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 08:17 PM

Bidder crew, you one bad motherfucker. Bet your fingers dudnt even hurt typing that...last I checked, though, delray real close to boca..so, I have a question for you..in those 6 months it was open, why didn't you go into the restaurant and say it in there..rather than be a jerkoff and say it online...and I ain't a buddy or a fanboy,..but you certainly are a jerkoff

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 08:27 PM

I totally agree Sonny

i have to think more charges are coming otherwise this is as bad a result for the Feds as they could imagine.

This was likely a huge fed investigation and for time gambling ? , roughing up a homeless man for bothering customers, only $30k . They tried to make a big deal about $3M in contraband - which were cigarettes lol.

This whole thing is beyond comical the more you read , very small time stuff so there has to be more charges - this was probably just to flip people and scare them w Trunped up RICO charges.

having said that if no more charges are brought then someone needs to be demoted as way to many resources were used for a small time gambling conspiracy . Patsy charge is beyond hilarious - conspiring to gambling or something like that ? Lol

We have way to many Isis sympathizes and big heroin wholesalers to waste anyone's time with this nonsense .

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Noddercrew

HIS FOOD JOINT IN BOCA LASTED SIX MONTHS I GUESS HIS MOM'S SECRET GRAVY TASTED LIKE DOG FOOD?

I LIVE IN DELRAY I NEVER SAW HIM I GUESS HE WAS TO BUSY SELLING DOCTORS CREAM AND GETTING BUSTED ON SOME THIRD RATE FBI OPERATION STUPID WOP.
AND IF ANYONE THINKS IM SAYING THIS HIDING ONLINE TELL ME WERE AND WHEN ILL SAY IT TO ANYONE OF HIS LOW LIFE HAS BEEN WANNABE BROKE ASS LOSER NO BRAIN BUDDY'S

Welcome, I bet you won't be here long lol

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 09:14 PM

His post was good until the wop part...Don't trash a whole nationality over one idiot !!

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: DB
i have to think more charges are coming otherwise this is as bad a result for the Feds as they could imagine.

Anastasia said this is only "the first wave" of charges so it sounds like there are definitely more coming.
Posted By: miklo

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 10:12 PM

John Lembo is what family members?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: azguy
Originally Posted By: Noddercrew

Welcome, I bet you won't be here long lol

Sounds just like that dumbass marine.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/06/16 11:24 PM

The beating up the pan handler is probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard in a fed rico trial. Like that herion addict bum ran to the feds to press charges id beat hes probaly od and dead. Someone said its probaly nicky skins ghost. Probaly rite. Just throw abunch of bull shit and see what sticks. Why nyc inidicting joey for a crime that happend in florida. Is this like when the feds wanted jr gotti bad in florida but it couldnt happen. Stairing people to some type of cream iss like this viet doctor door my street that would look for people with insurance to get a cat scan and kick you some money back so he could charge mass health like 1200 $ i heard. How the fuck is Joey telling this 1 sketchy doctor to prescribe this cream it does look weak after i did alittle thinking. I think the springfield guys are fucked cause they were beating a guy down nd extorting. And the bronx guy mitch fusco trafficking in all those guns are fucked wonder if hes that colombo guys son he also lived in yonkers died last year richard fusco. He had abunch of pictures with dean martin and frank s.
Posted By: jasonSP

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 12:29 AM

A lot of these guys seem like low level gamblers and loan sharks, they just seem like 'local' guys that got caught up because a lot of us not from the area know who they are. I'm from philly and a lot of people are surprised to see merlino's name in this indictment

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 12:39 AM

Really beating up a panhandler cause he was fucking with people is a federal crime. Goes back to my older theory the governor of ny just made fantasy sport gambling legal. So lets pop a bunch of old dudes who been gambling forever and show the public if you not betting with us youll go to jail.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 12:40 AM

Mr robot season 2 is all over the place wtf.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 12:46 AM

[quote=DiLorenzo]His post was good until the wop part...Don't trash a whole nationality over one idiot !! [/quote

yes, state your case, but, let the ethic slurs out of it,

I wont even mention the slur,those who use such words really
show - NO CLASS.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 12:50 AM

Look at that guy Richie lacava , and Johnny joe spirito do those guys seem like hardcore racketerr's ? Like I said local gambling add in setting that other book maker's car on fire, merlino and health care fraud it's all bullshit. These younger Feds are ridiculous
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 12:54 AM

Beating up the panhandler was just plain wrong. The guy was probably homeless and emotionally disturbed. Give the guy 50 bucks or a free meal. I dont care how hardore of a G someone is, certain lines should not be crossed.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 12:59 AM

I agree beating up a homeless guy is just wrong . What do we know about a lot of guys like I said many seem like local gambler's I want to go to Rigoberto though seem's great.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 01:01 AM

Pasquale's rigoletto the spell check on this site is strange I type really fast but the spelling appears messed up

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 01:28 AM

Forget about George a. Or Dave stratweiser they only know local rats or retired FBI agents all that big trial shit is bs no one talks to either of those guys

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 01:39 AM

I wish the feds would concentrate on terroism... really use all of their resources in stopping home made shooters.

I really fear they are not doing enough, and this bust confirms my suspicious.

let us not forget, no one saw 9-11 coming, so I must fear it could happen again here on a very large scale,

the feds must use all they have on this threat. it is the most important to all of us.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 01:43 AM

Pasquale's Rigoletto is great!! Go there and sit at the bar.....
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 02:23 AM

Yo Dante, where haven't you been. From Philly to A.C. to the Bronx. You get around. Lol.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 02:26 AM

Holy heck. The FBI manpower devoted to the mob is at an all time low and you guys still complain. You can't make a judgement of law enforcement resources based on a single indictment. Look at the trends and the big picture rather than just the latest headline. In only the last few months we've had several gambling busts, a mob-run escort ring bust, the marijuana from California bust, illegal dumping in Jersey, and a mob-tied health care fraud bust. But, yeah, the feds really should just leave these guys alone. rolleyes

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: flamingokid123
Yo Dante, where haven't you been. From Philly to A.C. to the Bronx. You get around. Lol.

Yeah man, I grew up in Jersey, I work in Manhattan, and I used to date a South Philly girl. LOL, I still have never been in Memories though, only have walked past it. I was actually just in Margate on Thursday at the Greenhouse.....

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 02:50 AM

My main area though besides work in Manhattan is the Jersey Shore...
Posted By: fatdomgamiello36

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 03:25 AM

This case is a piece of shit. Prescription compound cream? Really?

Not that i'm defending Joey I mean the guy has been asking for it. Driving around bentleys, Instagram, Merlino's restaurant. But they couldn't get anything else? Seriously? Fucking compound cream?
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 03:29 AM

Holy heck. The FBI manpower devoted to the mob is at an all time low and you guys still complain. You can't make a judgement of law enforcement resources based on a single indictment. Look at the trends and the big picture rather than just the latest headline. In only the last few months we've had several gambling busts, a mob-run escort ring bust, the marijuana from California bust, illegal dumping in Jersey, and a mob-tied health care fraud bust. But, yeah, the feds really should just leave these guys alone. rolleyes

Ivy, I would expect you to follow the FBI's gospel hook, line and sinker. I mean this is a guy who believes somebody in upstate New York met Jesus and God and thinks magic underwear are gonna suppress the desire to masturbate.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky

Ivy, I would expect you to follow the FBI's gospel hook, line and sinker. I mean this is a guy who believes somebody in upstate New York met Jesus and God and thinks magic underwear are gonna suppress the desire to masturbate.

That's the best you got? At least you could be original.

It's not about following the FBI gospel. It's about looking at the information correctly. Not just talking out of your ass based on one case, which many seem to be doing here.

The thing is, I've seen this same "waste of resources" complaint in many mob busts. There have always been those on these forums who believe, unless there's a stack of murder charges involved, the mob should all but be left alone. If another crime group apart from the LCN got busted for the same thing, many if these posters wouldn't make a peep about resources or wasting time.

Now crawl back under your rock.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 03:55 AM

As a libertarian I am not willing to sacrifice my liberty just to sleep better knowing 75 year old italian men are locked up and not pilfering ball cream.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 04:07 AM

the fbi has droped the ball a few times on muslim shooters,

the san bernadino shooter was known to them, the Orlando shooter had been interviewed by them. and there are more that should of been investigated,

but by getting headlines busting old bookies,and connected guys, people think they are doing great things......

they are not. they need to step up on the really dangerous
threats that we are vulnerable to. or the shootings will continue,
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 04:56 AM

@Sonny @pmac @ Ivey

I think we have to look at this thing big picture wise, I try to take a birds eye view in all this shit to connect the dots...

Like Ivey said, they cut the FBI resources, so the stuff they do handle, they got to get the most out of it that they can. Now this means both, investigations that yield "prosecutable crimes",as well as political capital. Big drug rings, operations like this one where they can link multiple families, no matter how thin the connections, it's headlines, it's part of the game...

Look at how STRATEGIC these arrest were, they hit the biggest families in NY, plus they get the cast iron young mob boss poster child in Merlino. They even called it the " East Coast Cosa Nostra Enterprise", I don't know why they didn't just call it Commision Case 2 lol.

I think Pmac is on to something with these gambling arrest. They seem more aimed at sending the mob a message than anything. I was going to start a thread asking the question, " Does the mob handle fantasy sports betting?" "How does this action affect regular betting? Is it complimentary to the regular mob clientele, or is there overlap and competition there? There's a pool in like a LOT of offices, type of young, college educated guys with money to burn and a taste for the action. Basically the " New" bettor. Watch it become more tech driven too, it's too young and sexy not to.Like ANYONE CAN BET FANTASY SPORTS, it reminds me of the Junior Soprano line, " Fuckin ch*nks and housewives are betting football..." What happens when BIGMONEY starts to move in like with weed? I wanted to do another thread asking if a gambling machine was better than a sports book. While back, article in the SunTimes said the state took in 913 million from video poker machines last year, revenue starting to compete with the ten casinos here.

I would pay attention to this trend of coming down hard on gambling rings in the future.. Bet you money it starts to coincide with more legalization legislation, but hey, I'm a suspicious person, lol any more thoughts fellas?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 05:18 AM

In fact, let me ask a follow up question, how hard would,it be to hide a real sports book, like behind the front of a fantasy sports book? After all, they are legal right?

Just a though that occurred to me....

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 05:19 AM

anywhere governments see large illegal profits, legalization always comes up, and it should, my god, look at the wasted billions from the war on drugs.

legalize gambling, and be done with it. give the taxpayer a break.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 05:55 AM

As a libertarian I am not willing to sacrifice my liberty just to sleep better knowing 75 year old italian men are locked up and not pilfering ball cream.

Like I said, you can't make a judgement on resources based on just the latest case. And you keep pointing to one charge in the case which includes many more. If you look at the big picture and trends in recent years, the mob is not as benign as you make it out to be.

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
the fbi has droped the ball a few times on muslim shooters,

the san bernadino shooter was known to them, the Orlando shooter had been interviewed by them. and there are more that should of been investigated,

but by getting headlines busting old bookies,and connected guys, people think they are doing great things......

they are not. they need to step up on the really dangerous
threats that we are vulnerable to. or the shootings will continue,

How much reading have you actually done on this subject? The FBI's top priority is terrorism and has been ever since 9/11. Since that time, the amount of resources devoted to the mob has gone down significantly. Back in the 1980's and 1990's, they had 300 agents investigating the NY families. Today it's about 10% of that. Blame them all you want for dropping the ball on lone wolf shooters but it's got nothing to do with how much resources they have going towards LCN.

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
@Sonny @pmac @ Ivey

I think we have to look at this thing big picture wise, I try to take a birds eye view in all this shit to connect the dots...

Like Ivey said, they cut the FBI resources, so the stuff they do handle, they got to get the most out of it that they can. Now this means both, investigations that yield "prosecutable crimes",as well as political capital. Big drug rings, operations like this one where they can link multiple families, no matter how thin the connections, it's headlines, it's part of the game...

Look at how STRATEGIC these arrest were, they hit the biggest families in NY, plus they get the cast iron young mob boss poster child in Merlino. They even called it the " East Coast Cosa Nostra Enterprise", I don't know why they didn't just call it Commision Case 2 lol.

I think Pmac is on to something with these gambling arrest. They seem more aimed at sending the mob a message than anything. I was going to start a thread asking the question, " Does the mob handle fantasy sports betting?" "How does this action affect regular betting? Is it complimentary to the regular mob clientele, or is there overlap and competition there? There's a pool in like a LOT of offices, type of young, college educated guys with money to burn and a taste for the action. Basically the " New" bettor. Watch it become more tech driven too, it's too young and sexy not to.Like ANYONE CAN BET FANTASY SPORTS, it reminds me of the Junior Soprano line, " Fuckin ch*nks and housewives are betting football..." What happens when BIGMONEY starts to move in like with weed? I wanted to do another thread asking if a gambling machine was better than a sports book. While back, article in the SunTimes said the state took in 913 million from video poker machines last year, revenue starting to compete with the ten casinos here.

I would pay attention to this trend of coming down hard on gambling rings in the future.. Bet you money it starts to coincide with more legalization legislation, but hey, I'm a suspicious person, lol any more thoughts fellas?

Nothing is a bigger money maker for the mob than sports betting. There are still numbers, card/casino games, and video poker machines but all of them combined bring in only a fraction of the money bookmaking does.

I have yet to see a mob case that involved fantasy sports betting. On one hand, considering how quick LCN has always been to go where there's an opportunity to make money, it wouldn't surprise me if we soon did. On the other hand, while I haven't seen any comparative stats, I'm willing to bet regular sports betting still dwarfs fantasy sports. The latter is a strange niche that is already run by technically legit companies operating legally or at worst a grey area. It's not the same kind of illegal market the mob can exploit.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 08:28 AM

Did any of them get bail?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 11:35 AM

Joey Merlino didn't:
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loca...-389274461.html

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 12:24 PM

Another joke. Old Italian guys living in the suburbs a Danger to the community. Like in an era of cameras on every corner one of these guys is gonna try anything.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 12:28 PM

@ Ivy

Just forget it.

Some people - in their warped and, perhaps, biased - mindsets, think American people of Italian descent should be exempt from prosecution and the FBI should just focus all their attention on ISIS and the blacks and the cartels.

It's persecution don't you know.

Where is Joe Colombo when you need him?

"Back in my day the neighborhood was safer. No blacks or Dominicans. And Gotti kept the blacks out. That girl wouldn't have got killed back in my day."

rolleyes

Let Joey Merlino and Patsy Parrello defraud, launder, plunder and enjoy their assets - little of which they have accrued legally.

They are merely contributing to the rich civic tapestry of American life.

Fine, upstanding citizens. Unlike the pesky panhandler (who probably ended up homeless because he served in Vietnam unlike most mobsters who were proud draft dodgers).

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 01:30 PM

Good Article in the Star -Ledger today about the bust from a New Jersey based stand point:

Great Star-Ledger Article Today

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 01:44 PM

@ Ivy

Just forget it.

Some people - in their warped and, perhaps, biased - mindsets, think American people of Italian descent should be exempt from prosecution and the FBI should just focus all their attention on ISIS and the blacks and the cartels.

"Back in my day the neighborhood was safer. No blacks or Dominicans. And Gotti kept the blacks out. That girl wouldn't have got killed back in my day."

rolleyes

Let Joey Merlino and Patsy Parrello defraud, launder, plunder and enjoy their assets - little of which they have accrued legally.

Fine, upstanding citizens. Unlike the pesky panhandler (who probably ended up homeless because he served in Vietnam unlike most mobsters who were proud draft dodgers).

For someone who doesn't live in America, you seem to know so much about American life and have so many opinions about Americans and events that have shaped America. I bet you wish you could come to this great country so bad everyday that it eats away at you and you have a major inferiority complex over it. You probably don't have the balls, the means, or were turned away to come here to America. I know exactly what your deal is, just get your sh*t together and come over here to America already to be another Irish bartender in Midtown Manhattan at one of the Thousands of Irish bars, your Irish accents are always a huge hit at the Midtown Manhattan Irish bars with all the fat, pale white tourists with fanny packs and Jesus sandals on from places like Kansas that stumble in for an $8 draft beer.....

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 01:54 PM

Another Good Article today in Star Ledger about other OC Groups besides the mob here in Jersey:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016/08...ver_mobile_home

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 04:14 PM

@ Ivy

Just forget it.

rolleyes

You watch way to many American movies. Don't they have any culture where you're from? Its like you're completely void of any non-American cultural and historical identity.

Seriously man, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart. You need another outlet outside of this forum. I mean it really is depressing to read some of your posts. The thought, time and energy you put in to them is astounding. I mean it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 04:21 PM

You want to know warped? Here is the kind of shit boy scout moe sends users randomly and out of the blue:

http://imgur.com/kvotUpm

The rest of his post sounds like Howard Zinn book regurgitated by a medicore 4th grader. How about you live here, not in your dying welfare state, before you go on with gross over-generalizations and stupid 60s song sounding memes?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 04:23 PM

I think it's more absurd that some people seem to regard the mafia as a proud part of their cultural identity and make all kinds of half-baked excuses for them while making sweeping statements about criminals of every other ethnic background.

I mean there are literally guys on this forum who stake out clubhouses and mob-linked nightclubs hoping to catch a glimpse of some grown ass men just because they are in the mafia!

It reminds me of the part in The Goodfella Tapes where G.A. is talking about some guy who has pictures of Joey Merlino on the walls of his bedroom.

And what is up with the dude hassling another poster about his faith? Who cares if he's Mormon? It's not like he ever brings it up himself so why use it as a stick to bash him with?

^^^^ LOL he took the time to copy and paste something I said about "Dellacroce" in a private message, which was a response to a deranged private message from LittleNicky. The same guy (Dellacroce) that told me to "kill myself" and got warned by the moderators for his deranged comments.

He's hardly innocent.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 04:28 PM

No asshole, you sent that message to me for the remarkable crime of saying "calm down" in shoutbox. Talked to several users that also recieved similar messages for the crime of disagreeing with you. It had nothing to do with Dellacroce.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 04:31 PM

Quote:
I mean this is a guy who believes somebody in upstate New York met Jesus and God and thinks magic underwear are gonna suppress the desire to masturbate.

I rest my case.

Nobody should have to put up with stuff like this just because of their opinions.

Edit: Okay. Tell them to post screenshots of what I allegedly said.

I'll wait.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 04:32 PM

Better go edit your last post, come up with a new conspiracy theory. You just flat out lied about the origin of the post.

Also the half of dozen other users that I have talked to that have received similar messages from your crazy ass.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 04:44 PM

You want to know warped? Here is the kind of shit boy scout moe sends users randomly and out of the blue:

http://imgur.com/kvotUpm

The rest of his post sounds like Howard Zinn book regurgitated by a medicore 4th grader. How about you live here, not in your dying welfare state, before you go on with gross over-generalizations and stupid 60s song sounding memes?

I don't know the full context of that message. But I have to say it doesn't look good. It looks like an unprovoked private message attack. Let's see if sc does anything about it. I don't think you can have one of your members sending harassing messages unprovoked to other members.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 04:48 PM

I don't think SC or any of the other moderators are naive enough to fall for what's going on here.

There is a vocal minority on this forum who have wanted me gone for a long time because my stance is diametrically opposed to their own.

Besides, LittleNicky has been abusive to me via private messages, numerous threads and the shoutbox - as evidenced here with his "asshole" comment.

It's funny how I seem to get on best with guys like Ivy, Gets, Billy, Sonny, Billie, Beanshooter, Mighty - all guys who never start a modicum of trouble here.

Ask all those guys if I have ever been anything but nice to them in PM's.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 05:03 PM

"LittleNicky has been abusive to me via private messages"

LMAO. Go ahead and prove that, Moe. Go find a PM thread I ever started with you. I posted "calm down" in chat, you responded with a bizarre, future-shooter sort of PM. That was the extent of our personal messages.

The fact you can point to 6 people you haven't send abusive messages toward is kind of hilarious as it is damning.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 05:05 PM

Where are all the imaginary abusive messages I allegedly sent to your imaginary friend posters?

And yeah I'm the "future-shooter". You do realize you sound like Terry Nichols with your ramblings against the gov. and feds, right?

I think it speaks volumes that the most level-headed posters seem to get on well with me and the most abrasive don't.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 05:06 PM

So if I understand the fact you now want to change the subject, I take it that you retract the statement ""LittleNicky has been abusive to me via private messages"?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 05:07 PM

Why would I retract that? It's true. You called me an "asshole" in this thread alone.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 05:09 PM

Prove it. Show me the personal message log where I am starting creepy personal messages toward you.

Otherwise stop lying and just retract.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 05:11 PM

Prove it. Show me the personal message log where I am starting creepy personal messages toward you.

Otherwise stop lying and just retract.

I want to know who are the other posters I have sent abusive messages to and I want to see screenshots of my abusive messages.

The burden of proof is on you.

You are the one who started sharing private messages.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 05:12 PM

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 05:13 PM

rolleyes

Again. You lied about me sending abusive messages to other posters. Who are they and where are the abusive messages?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 05:20 PM

So lets recap:

1- First, lied that the personality disorder like PMs sent to me were for "dellacroce". I guess it is hard to keep track of all your abusive, nutjob personal messages to people.
2- Then lied repeatedly claiming I sent "abusive to me via private messages".

Interesting.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 05:25 PM

So lets recap:

1- First, lied that the personality disorder like PMs sent to me were for "dellacroce". I guess it is hard to keep track of all your abusive, nutjob personal messages to people.
2- Then lied repeatedly claiming I sent "abusive to me via private messages".

Interesting.

When did I do that? I'm not denying it was meant for you. You posted that private message to try and garner sympathy for someone who has been consistently abusive towards me.

And when are you going to admit you lied about me sending abusive messages to "half a dozen" other people in order to try and get me into trouble with the mods?
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 05:40 PM

Jesus Christ, talk about going off topic. Come on guys, let's just discuss the charges and what your outlooks are on how this thing is going to end. No need to spend an entire page fighting.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 06:52 PM

Man this Moe is always in the middle of something on this board. People finally tired of his corny jokes popping up in every thread? lol
whistle
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 06:57 PM

Calm down guys, we will settle this with a sit down... It will be held on neutral grounds/ u know the rules NO arms (think the three capos) or when they made Paulie boss at Nino's house

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 07:06 PM

Wow. What the fuck happened to this site? Delete this shit already.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 07:12 PM

I'm 75 yrs old and I like everybody.....

peace brothers. PEACE

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 07:13 PM

The situation is defused and back on topic.

Not going to fall for #1 mafia fanboy Blackjack's provocation.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 07:50 PM

I think the idea that the Feds would only go after Merlino with a strong case is misguided. It seems to me they'll do anything to needle this guy, and if he agrees to 5-10, so be it.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 07:58 PM

I agree with mighty healthy , the prevailing thought is the Feds will only bring an airtight case against merlino. I disagree with that as well, they will bring their case and take a plea out for 7 or 9 years, and be happy with him off the street..they don't need to sit around and wait for an air tight case with more evidence

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 08:45 PM

The beating up the pan handler is probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard in a fed rico trial

It's illegal in some/most states. Guess it ain't in NY.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
The beating up the pan handler is probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard in a fed rico trial

It's illegal in some/most states. Guess it ain't in NY.

You know what he is getting at.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 09:05 PM

No I'm talking about panhandling. I wasn't talking about the roughing up part.

Sorry for not being more precise there.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 09:58 PM

Feds do what they want and always have .
You or someone in your family get in there way and you can bet your ass there will be problems.
There is not much difference if you break the law to uphold it .

I have seen people on the fring of the life get ruined by the Feds cos the people would not help them and it still goes on .

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/07/16 11:51 PM

The reason this is a bullshit case is now you devote a ton of resources prepping for this case when they could still be investigating and suppressing higher priority crimes.

Prepping for a 41 person RICO case is a shitload of work. All this work for a gambling pinch that slowed down gambling activiies for maybe 6-12 hours? Sit on them until you catch them doing some real crimes , this is just pointless.

My guess is they got impatient and grabbed some low hanging fruit for the media

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/08/16 12:26 AM

peace brothers. PEACE

Bernie? I was gonna vote for you.
Posted By: BobbyPazzo

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/08/16 01:42 AM

Wow. What the fuck happened to this site? Delete this shit already.

I rarely check in anymore because of this shit and I never post anymore. I get aggravated every time I open a thread.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/08/16 01:53 AM

Why I tell it like it is.. [DELETED; THIS POSTER EARNED A SUSPENSION]

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/08/16 02:10 AM

peace brothers. PEACE

Bernie? I was gonna vote for you.

thank you pard

now, everyone knows about the militarization of police depts. throughout the country, it is indeed scary,
however there is something scarier, its all these
federal laws, from rico to the patriot act to anti-terroist laws.

it is at the point where the fbi, cia, homeland security can do whatever they want to do to u.s citizens, recently we got a new sheriff in my county here in Idaho. what was the first thing the thug did, he raided old folks bingo games,

old seniors playing 2 0r 3 dollar bingo games been doing it for years, some old people dearly loved the games, so being the big shot he was, he arrested everyone.

he even threated the owner of the building for violating the rico statue. can you believe this b.s. now I'm not in the east but the mindset of the fbi is the same. hit the ones that cant really fight back.

have we heard anymore about the big biker raid some time ago? no, because little by little the truth comes out, and it was not like the feds first said it was.

I fear I'm witnessing the start of the dismantling of our constitutional rights. until we have none left, we have a "no knock law" already. which means breaking down your door any time they want to. its not going to stop.thats whats sad.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/08/16 02:27 AM

In a way I hear you.. but I kind of think kind of treatment is only for the foreigners/ people of Arabic descent terrorist ties.. yea that bingo bashin chief ought to b looked at by the fbi himself.. he sounds crooked.. Obama a Hillary cant wait to let 10,000 syran refugees in.. I cant figure out why.. how many of them are gonna have that hatred for us.. there will be a few.. yea there is a lot more important things for the fbi to do.. than mess with (some) of the lcn guys

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/08/16 02:39 AM

[DELETED]

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/08/16 02:41 AM

yes, who can deny the biggest threat to our country, don't use patriot act laws, or homeland security laws on American citizens, the war on drugs took most of our rights away, and it was and is the biggest money wasting in u.s. history.

what really gets me is the dea is still classifying pot as a class a drug, still busting people for small amounts, and taking their property.
when all these Syrian refugees come here they better start screening them, and leave u.s. citizens alone.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/08/16 04:11 AM

You're pathetic.
Posted By: richierich

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/08/16 04:00 PM

So you must know him well???

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/08/16 06:30 PM

I would like to comment that while some early in this thread gave me shit for saying the Feds had a hard on for Joey, let me refer you to pages 84-85 of The Last Gangster (which I'm currently reading).

"Getting Joey- wiping that silly smirk off his face, sticking his fancy clothes and lavish lifestyle up his ass- became as important as building a criminal case. It wasn't about justice. It was about winning. It was personal. The FBI had a hard-on for Joey Merlino."

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/08/16 06:34 PM

Whose the victim in the health care scam the insurance company?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/09/16 12:16 AM

Schratwieser tweeting about Merlino today:

Quote:
Court documents say FBI has "thousands of hours" of tapes on Joey Merlino & other wiseguys.

tweet 1

Quote:
Documents say "cooperating witness" worked for Merlino & Genovese Capo Pasquale Patsy Parrello.

tweet 2

Quote:
Who's the Boss? Court document: Merlino "believed to be the Boss of Philadelphia Crime family"

tweet 3

Quote:
Document :Merlino on tape as he "discussed crimes he was committing and exhibited role as leader"

tweet 4
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/09/16 01:07 AM

Thanks for all the articles guys. This is going to be interesting...

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/09/16 03:11 AM

My apologies to Binnie Coll.
My remark was directed at 'Marine', not you. I missed your post and thought my response directly followed his obscene, now edited post

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/09/16 07:04 PM

Ha, he's not getting out

Quote:
Mob Boss Joey Merlino's bail hearing in Florida continued til Friday.He remains behind bars

More charges forthcoming?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/09/16 07:51 PM

The Press release mentions that an Undercover along with an informant was used in the investigation. Does anybody know what that entailed?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/09/16 10:02 PM

http://www.phillyvoice.com/feds-fight-bail-joey-merlino-allege-tapes-show-he-was-leader-mob-family/

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/09/16 11:08 PM

Quote:

In a memo seeking to have him and 10 others held without bail, prosecutors argued that “Merlino has been captured on recordings supervising a number of individuals, questioning whether certain associates were 'rats,’ collecting illegal gambling debts and engaging in fraud against health insurers.”

Authorities also allege that Merlino, from Florida, was “working in earnest to rebuild the Philadelphia crime family.”

these tapes are going to be very interesting hopefully merlino takes it trial like he normally does feds probably want it to go to trial aswell more press attention

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/09/16 11:11 PM

anyone got video of the mob talk mayonaise face and georgie were supposed to do tonight? sorry ive been ghost lately guys. work, kids, and the petty nonsense on these boards have left my attention else where.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/09/16 11:17 PM

I would like to comment that while some early in this thread gave me shit for saying the Feds had a hard on for Joey, let me refer you to pages 84-85 of The Last Gangster (which I'm currently reading).

"Getting Joey- wiping that silly smirk off his face, sticking his fancy clothes and lavish lifestyle up his ass- became as important as building a criminal case. It wasn't about justice. It was about winning. It was personal. The FBI had a hard-on for Joey Merlino."

Take into account George Anastasia used the word "handsome" to describe Merlino and Ciancaglini about 20 times in that book.

Some guys here remind me of Angelo Lutz for some reason.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/09/16 11:42 PM

Some guys here remind me of Angelo Lutz for some reason.

hahahaha

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 12:30 AM

May article related to Brad Sirkin, identified as a member of Merlino Florida crew.
Mob linked Delaware River dumping
Posted By: merlino

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 12:36 AM

joey never gets on tape talking shop, wonder if georgie introduced the informant that recorded him...not saying he is a rhoades scholar but street smart enough to only talk business around maybe a handful of people aside from saying yes or no.....id think hed be more like tony soprano when he changed the subject all the time when ppl aside from sil, paulie or chris talked to him

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 12:42 AM

Man, if Joey was in Philly more, he wouldn't have had to talk to so many unknowns. Go figure. Staying away from Philly might have accelerated his downfall.

Also, this medical scam sounds pretty lucrative.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 12:53 AM

Good point about not being in Philly MH.

This is why these top guys have layers. Insulation.
A boss should've never gotten caught giving orders directly to a soldier, ESPECIALLY from another family. And that's IF this CW was made.

Silly mistake. And most likely a costly one.
Posted By: merlino

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Man, if Joey was in Philly more, he wouldn't have had to talk to so many unknowns. Go figure. Staying away from Philly might have accelerated his downfall.

Also, this medical scam sounds pretty lucrative.

great point and the scam does seem big money, especially in florida on the gold coast with all the retirees and money, im sure he must have met some guys in the fed system he felt he could trust along the way... and in the philly voice article it basically says they know who the rat was
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 02:15 AM

I agree fully I think if he stayed with all his Philly guys he wouldn't have this problem. He grow up with all of them and The chance of those guys flipping on him is slim to none.. But greed will get you everytome. Money makes people overlook things and make irrational decisions. Bet he's wishing he stayed with all philly guys even if he was making half the money
Posted By: SicilianDownSouth

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 02:44 AM

If this goes bad for Merlino and he gets the max sentence does he lose the top spot in Philly or since most guys at the top were his boyhood friends does he pull a Snake Persico and keep the top spot? If he does lose it who steps up and takes over?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 04:49 AM

The more i think about it Joeys a small fish in a big pond in nyc. Theyll let him plead out to 4 years just to close the case. Dan marino got 5 yrs for okaying his nephews murder they just drop murder charges against michael persico to get him to cop out i could name a bunch of others. Nick corrozo had 2 murders he got 10 yrs on a plea. Just gambling and some health scam. Parello a bigger fish in that town. Nyc.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 12:47 PM

From what I hear this is from the trip to Florida that Eddie J made back a year or so to talk to Skinny in person .

There is a picture of them smoking a cigar together .

So part of this Skinny has known about for a while also in that thread I think I posted that Eddie was down there for that reason not sure if I posted it or just bred about it and did not post.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 12:48 PM

http://www.fox29.com/news/185269654-story

video is here bobby

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 01:02 PM

thanks brother

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 01:04 PM

I wonder if the Perna that Joey was with in Florida was in on any of this?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 01:24 PM

I wonder if the Perna that Joey was with in Florida was in on any of this?

i said that on the other forum. i swore i would see joey p in the indictment once i saw nj/ny guys and merlino's name. all those pictures on instagram. maybe theyre just friends. i mean the feds had to be watching everytime they were together. I know joe p went to florida when joey got out from the violation. imagine joe p getting legal mail in bayside with this indictment?!?!?! that's gotta be the worst feeling ever. looks like he dodged a bullet. i just don't get how anyone can fuck with joey m when he's a cop magnet.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 02:38 PM

I'm a betting man and I would bet that Joey Perna has some shit going on with Skinny Joey. I bet the Feds just weren't able to uncover it yet in this indictment....

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 04:36 PM

Something tells me we haven't heard the end of this case or of the Undercover involved. This was a RICO case but there are always others who don't fit into that criteria that probably will get arrested on a second wave.. The Undercover tagging along with the Informant must have mad some good tapes. I guess we will have to wait for trial down the road to hear them.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 09:44 PM

I guarantee you that cream deal was very lucrative. They might not even made the shit, all you need is the doctor to write it and the compounding pharmacy to say they made it and charge it to Medicare.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 09:50 PM

Joey was certainly living a beyond lavish lifestyle, I bet that cream scam was VERY lucrative.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/10/16 09:57 PM

Joey was certainly living a beyond lavish lifestyle, I bet that cream scam was VERY lucrative.

your right according to Geogre A there is alot of money in it

http://www.phillyvoice.com/feds-fight-bail-joey-merlino-allege-tapes-show-he-was-leader-mob-family/

Quote:

The insurance fraud, according to sources, was a scheme involving corrupt doctors and pharmaceutical suppliers and a medication known as a compounded pain management cream – a multi-ingredient topical cream described in a recent article from the Coalition for Insurance Fraud as the “snake oil” of the 21st century. It is used to treat joint and muscle pain.

Insurance companies have been billed millions of dollars for the cream, according to government reports and investigations from various parts of the country. How and when the mob got involved remains unclear, but sources say New York mobsters brought the scam to Florida where Merlino and his associates set up a system in which “patients” would visit doctors who wrote prescriptions for the cream, which was then supplied by mob-linked “compounding pharmacies.” Those suppliers would then bill insurance companies hundreds of thousands of dollars.

“A single tube can retail for up to $10,000,” according to an article that appeared in June in the Journal for Insurance Fraud in America. “Each new prescription — often offered as a 'trial’ — authorizes 10 refills. One 'trial prescription’ for one patient thus can generate nearly $100,000.”
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/11/16 04:09 PM

Mafia loses its influence in New York's Little Italy

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/11/mafia-loses-its-influence-in-new-yorks-little-italy.html?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/11/16 05:34 PM

Anyone have a picture of O'Norfio
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/11/16 06:15 PM

Anyone have a picture of O'Norfio

Check out the other place it's on there

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/11/16 07:24 PM

Looks like Wayne Kreisberg, member of Merlino Florida Crew had plenty of income coming in. Also involved in loan scams and clearly visited Philly on many occasions with Merlino.

http://therealdeal.com/miami/2014/05/02/elvis-dumervil-takes-hit-on-parkland-home-sale/

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/11/16 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: SicilianDownSouth
If this goes bad for Merlino and he gets the max sentence does he lose the top spot in Philly or since most guys at the top were his boyhood friends does he pull a Snake Persico and keep the top spot? If he does lose it who steps up and takes over?

Philly mob probably tipped the feds off to his scam

Philly ain't gonna keep kissing his ass 9 Times out of 10

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/11/16 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Hollander

it's crazy. I remember going to mulberry street with my family when i was young and i loved it. Back when umberto's was the real umberto's and it wasn't a tourist trap. Before san gennaro was such a pain in the ass. it's really a shame what it's become.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/12/16 02:42 PM

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/sfl-skinny-joey-court-hearing-20160812-story.html

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/12/16 04:37 PM

I'll put my lawyer hat on. So im just asking them judge to put off the baill hairing till he gets to nyc. Then argue about gambling and some bullshit health scam. The nyc big judges have to grant bail. Theres no violence. But prosecutors dont want him still collecting money and paying good lawyers to fight. Michael persico is out on bail hes mafia royalty.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/12/16 05:41 PM

Merlino to be released on a $5 million bond

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/c...ed-on-5-/nsFGc/
Posted By: tjonezee

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/12/16 07:15 PM

More arrests today apparently. Cant find a good link but shratweiser said it invloves some merlino "pals". Brad sirkin among them...

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/12/16 07:50 PM

5 million, I wonder if he will be able to swing that.

I kind of want him to go to trial solely based on seeing how his lawyer does.
Does he have the same lawyer that Ligambi used for his trials?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/12/16 07:54 PM

Yes Ed Jacobs

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 02:25 AM

Man you guys didn't even read the article.

1. He already made the bond...his wife and someone else put up their houses.

2. It said David Roth was his lawyer.
Posted By: yatescj7

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 02:52 AM

One article said the guy ran a club in Yonkers and had to get permission from Patsy Porella to move to Florida. Once in Florida he hooked up with Merlino. I wonder who this informant is. I know Joey and all the mobstere know. His either an associate, maybe even a soldier in the Genovese Family in Patsys crew.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 06:02 AM

Originally Posted By: tjonezee
More arrests today apparently. Cant find a good link but shratweiser said it invloves some merlino "pals". Brad sirkin among them...

The pain cream they filed 633 million in claims,137 million in reimbursements
No wonder merlino drives a rolls. He can easily afford it
http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/blog...ltimillion.html

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 11:03 AM

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-mob-arrests-south-florida-20160813-story.html

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi

Rolls was rented....

but man, what a scheme...that is some expensive ass cream

They basically just took the oxycodone thing with crooked doctors and applied it to this cream, guess they figured a "cream" would draw a lot less heat than pills would.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 11:45 AM

Also found the facebook of the guy that bought Dumervil's 2.2 million dollar home. Guy was only 39 living it up

Cant recall his name now but was curious of what he looked like so I searched and found a mugshot and his facebook picture

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 01:03 PM

Yea his brother in law no doubt put up one of his mansions .

Feds may have handed this to him to grab on a Silver platter they just let him run with it till he choked him self .
The guy has been living like a millionaire sine he stepped out of the joint , it must have been easy for the Feds to set him up with a possible made guy from the westside.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 01:11 PM

Yep! Greed is gonna sink Joey- he clearly wasn't satisfied with the envelopes coming from Philly, AC, and North Jersey....

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 01:13 PM

I know Eddie Jacobs Health has not been good but still don't know if that's why he was not there .
The layer that picked Skinny up drives a pickup truck so I am just guessing that he had to use a lawyer from down in Florida .
Because back in the 770's and 80's we could not use any of our lawyers when we got busted down there .

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente

I know Eddie Jacobs Health has not been good but still don't know if that's why he was not there .
The layer that picked Skinny up drives a pickup truck so I am just guessing that he had to use a lawyer from down in Florida .
Because back in the 770's and 80's we could not use any of our lawyers when we got busted down there .

Serb, you're right he might have used an attorney from Florida but aren't the charges in New York and Philly? So once he has to report here that's when Jacobs will start representing him. Just my opinion.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 01:37 PM

Well, Jacobs will probably be on his defense team at trial according to a new article I read this morning. I think it said he will have a 3 lawyer team so he probably only needed this guy alone to argue the bail...guy is a high profile lawyer as well...

So to marine saying joey "Rolls Royce" merlino is too broke for another Rico trial is laughable if he's gonna be defended by multiple high dollar lawyers lol

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 01:39 PM

Also beanshooter no...none of the charges are in philly

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 01:50 PM

Also beanshooter no...none of the charges are in philly

I had a feeling. I figured Eddie Jacobs would somehow be part of his defense team. Thanks

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 02:03 PM

Anyone got a pic of his wifes house in philly thats worth 600k thats probaly like a 2 bedroom condo in philly. But made the 5mil the same dam day. Just read this guy santora from the bonannos cant make 1million and is still stuck on rikers aint that a bad look for there family. The boss should make a few guys sign there houses up what a bad look wasnt he underboss or acting. So much for the family is first. Also i dont think patsy is letting a made guy go under merlino its a bad look and the soldier probaly would feel dumb being from the ivey league family. Like its beneath him. But who knows im thinking a associate. So much talk merlino wasnt shit a 2 bit gangster. Seems he was into some heavyweight shit with the biggest family plus how much you think he made off hks guy's if the genovese is cutting him in on shit.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 03:02 PM

Yep! Greed is gonna sink Joey- he clearly wasn't satisfied with the envelopes coming from Philly, AC, and North Jersey....

That's because he doesn't have a pot to piss in. He's 'derogatory term" rich! Always has been. Im gonna enjoy watching him get sentenced to 20 years...Buh bye dickhead
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 03:20 PM

guys in here pocket watching and name calling someone you never met.. the guy was involved in scams bringing in over 100 mil, and that's just what we know before the case moves forward. i don't give a fuck about this guy but lets not act like he's as small-time as you guys wish he was. the hate from a few of you almost seems personal..

anyway, i'm very interested to see the evidence from the undercover fed, 3 years around the west side i can only imagine what he's heard.. hopefully we'll get to hear some of these tapes.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter

Serb, you're right he might have used an attorney from Florida but aren't the charges in New York and Philly? So once he has to report here that's when Jacobs will start representing him. Just my opinion.

Yes as far as I know he will and I should know for sure soon .

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi

Rolls was rented....

but man, what a scheme...that is some expensive ass cream

They basically just took the oxycodone thing with crooked doctors and applied it to this cream, guess they figured a "cream" would draw a lot less heat than pills would.

Ironic considering those who were whining about this being a bullshit case and pointing to the compound cream as their example.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 09:15 PM

I knew better about that cream, I've had to deal with compound pharmacies before and they charge the shit out of insurance for cream that never seems to work no matter what it is made for.

As for the lawyers most are not qualified to practice in different states. Some will make sure close states they are able to practice but I doubt his lawyer was able to practice law in Florida so he can hire a new lawyer from FL and have him on record with his usual lawyer on the "team". Most of the time you just have to take the bar exam in that state you want to practice in and pay the fees for that state, etc. Most of the time it's not even worth it as most don't get enough cases from out of state to make it even worth it.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 10:01 PM

Lol he made 5 million dollar bail in a couple hours and the trolls still grasping at straws.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 10:03 PM

Wheres Moe and everyone who was all dismissive claiming he got a couple envelopes here and there?? He is boss of a resurgent family and was clearly earning a lot with the Westside.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 10:48 PM

Wheres Moe and everyone who was all dismissive claiming he got a couple envelopes here and there?? He is boss of a resurgent family and was clearly earning a lot with the Westside.

What are you babbling about? Where have I ever said Merlino wasn't boss?

Lol he made 5 million dollar bail in a couple hours and the trolls still grasping at straws.

He made bail because two marks, just like you, paid his bail for him. Just like some rich eccentric with more money than common sense funds his extravagant lifestyle.

The Joey Merlino poster in your basement probably has more bodily fluids on it than a teenage girl who hangs around with R. Kelly.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/13/16 10:55 PM

Quote:
Take Down 46

Another week in the life, and this week the FBI took down 46 guys from a number of families for various racketeering charges. The names you will recognize, because these guys just never seem to learn.

Jimmy Caci, who was the street boss of the Los Angeles family, told me a few months before he passed away that the life was not what it was supposed to be. It had gotten out of control and there was no honor or loyalty anymore. This was after my first book Breakshot had come out.

So here we were, sitting at a diner and he is speaking to me. I felt sorry for him because he was a relic from the past and his time had passed. Jimmy was originally from Buffalo, New York and he knew the long time boss Stephan Maggadino. He was on good terms with all the guys in the family when it was at it’s peak. Jimmy grew up in a different time. A time when Italians were looked down upon. Boxers used Irish names to get fights, and most policemen were Irish. The mafia served a purpose then, but now it may be one more thing, like Sears, we do not need.
You can read more about Jimmy in Breakshot, which has been re-released.

Joey Merlino was the one time boss of the Philadelphia family. He may still be boss, but he is in custody again. Merlino has spent more than half his life locked up. He is the son of former underboss Sal Merlino and is also nephew to soldier Lawrence Merlino, both of whom are now dead.

Merlino has gotten away with murder but he just cannot seem to go straight. Some guys just never get it.

In better times Joey Merlino was out in Los Angeles with Johnny Fratto getting chased by TMZ. Merlino was out to speak about selling his life rights to a well known movie producer. Maybe this story will go into the new Johnny Fratto book that Randazzo is working on.

The new indictment charges many of the guys with bookmaking. They again used offshore websites, but did business here in the US under the name Costa Rican International Sportsbook. One of those charged was Daniel Marino Jr., a friend of Colombo Craig Marino and son of a Gambino heavy weight. Many years ago Daniel was hiding out at Joe Dente's home in Los Angeles.

This time the indictment has a couple of crimes we have not witnessed in an indictment in a few years. Healthcare fraud: where they had doctors prescribing an expensive compound and charging insurance companies. They were also smuggling untaxed cigarettes into the New York area, where they were worth three million dollars.

They had a casino style gambling spot in Yonkers where they hosted poker and other card games.

John Lembo, a name that was well known to those around back in the stock fraud days, was busted for setting up credit card skimmers. Lembo was a friend of Eddie Garofalo and Craig Marino.

The FBI had an undercover agent deep inside that worked with Genovese guys and Joey Merlino. They also had a cooperator wired up the whole time. How many more will flip is still to be seen. The majority of those arrested face up to 20 years, but this indictment seems to be missing the normal murders and other violence. They are charged with assaulting a homeless man who was bothering patrons of a restaurant on Arthur Ave. They did threaten to choke a guy out, but it does not read as bad as the others I have read. I bet everyone pleads out for a lot less time.

One guy arrested is Ralph Balsamo, a Genovese guy. Why he does not just run his family's funeral homes I have no idea. I bet Balsamo has some more problems that are going to come up soon. Stay tuned.

http://breakshotblog.blogspot.ie/

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 12:03 AM

He made bail because two marks, just like you, paid his bail for him. Just like some rich eccentric with more money than common sense funds his extravagant lifestyle.

The Joey Merlino poster in your basement probably has more bodily fluids on it than a teenage girl who hangs around with R. Kelly.
Far from a fan here, i dont foot the bill for other people. i am a registered home improvement contractor with my own business. I work 6-7 days a week 10-12 hour days. It just seems funny to me how people like you for the past 4 years constantly act like you know so much about things you have no clue about. You know damn well you were ripping the whole borgata and saying it was a couple of video poker machines and etc. Good day mate

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 04:57 AM

I don't understand, why would guys assume the HEALTH CARE FRAUD was small time?

When I first saw it, I immediately thought of the first episode of Sopranos, with the Medicaid MRI scam Tony wanted to pull, and the other guys words, " Could be major, as big as garbage". And that was like 17 years ago lol.....

I also thought of ALL THE OLD PEOPLE DOWN THERE, I was expecting something to do with that, kinda like Colleti....

If you follow this stuff closely, that's one of the Genoveses biggest white collar rackets. Didn't Colleti from queens have all the handicapped, like I don't know, all the medical car services/ transportation in Queens? Maybe even NY.
This is the type of stuff I expect to see from the Ivey league of crime.

To be honest when you guys mentioned the philly guys were into rehabbing, I immediately thought of HUD....Another government program with a massive budget, and too many loopholes.....

I read something on Medicare awhile back, I think the government kicks in like 600-800 billion? Yearly? Some crazy ass number. One percent of that is 6-8 billi, HALF OF THAT is 3-4, HALF OF THAT is STILL a couple billion a year to steal, that people are too slow to miss. Now factor in the baby boomers or whatever, that definitely Los like a "growth industry for crime"....

I think I've said before, Merlino was never no big racketeer, all I ever heard of him doing was shaking down bookies. But the GANGSTER aspect, well different story. He's been powerful ever since they hit the bosses son. People focus on the money sometimes a little too much, you gotta look at the power too. Merlino is a lot like Gotti, he seems to mainly value relationships and connections. And like I pointed out in that Machiavelli excerpt, as long as his core group of guys is loyal to HIM, not Cosa Nostra per se, or his rank or whatever, they are loyal to HIM, he will always be powerful, and if he has power, he will always be in a position to make money.

This racket even goes a long way to explaining why the guys are loyal to him. Being loyal to him, they figure they can get some crumbs from that windfall. Maybe get to partner up with NY through Joey on some rackets... Who knows...

But I got a different perspective, like Bruno was rich, but I consider him less a gangster than even Scarfo, even though Scarfo was a "brokester" most his career. I consider Narducci less a gangster too, even though he was richer. There's a lot of examples actually but y'all get the point...

This is definitely the biggest bust since the Rizzuto thing....

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 05:03 AM

Also, a racket like this goes a long way towards illustrating how this family could out earn or compete with a family entrenched In narcotics trafficking.

Like I know y'all keep hitting me with the gambling but, please man, come on lol

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 06:16 AM

@ vegasMikey

I never really got the hate on the video poker machines either.. I was going to make a thread asking what was better, some gambling machines or a gambling package? Video poker took in 913 million in the state last year, people called it small time stuff in Illinois too lol

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 10:52 AM

About 80% of the fellas I met during my studies that were convicted of health care fraud were either Russians or orthodox jew. They seemed to enjoy sticking to chiropractic style fraud.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 01:26 PM

Health care fraud investigations are an almost everyday news in Florida. There is so much fraud with the Durable Medical Equipment DME businesses and crooked Doctors that prescribed things like orthotics, electric wheel chairs and Jazzy's to people that don't even need them. Lotions and potions are even worse. I remember reading about a Cuban ring that had an all in one business to rip off medicare/medicaid. They would stage a car accident, go see a Doctor who would prescribe some neck brace or something from the DME's and then make his visit to a lawyer to sue the Insurance company. They also would pay older folks who were picked up at home to go see one of their Doctors for the day. They then will bill medicare and the people made about !00 dollars for hanging out at the so called DOctor's office.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 01:28 PM

Here is one, were $1 billion alleged Medicare fraud, money laundering scheme lead to Florida arrests
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/22/1-billion...da-arrests.html

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 01:43 PM

It is difficult to get a good healthcare scam going cos you have to have many regular folks involved .
Most regular people will not be able to sleep at night or be so worried that they will have to go to the joint that it eats at them till they give each other or them selfs up .
This is why you have so many other groups in this racket cos the mob knows that they will need many regular folks so they usually stay clear of most of this until one like this comes along and there are rats or Feds involved that make it go so easy .

This one had many regular people involved and a few guys that would be made if they were Italian on fathers side one of the guys was a landfill and recycling guy tossed out of jersey he is a money man and has family in the the Luke's .

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 02:57 PM

This one had many regular people involved and a few guys that would be made if they were Italian on fathers side one of the guys was a landfill and recycling guy tossed out of jersey he is a money man and has family in the the Luke's .

Speaking of that guy, serp, I wonder if this case from Florida had anything to do with why he wasn't arrested immediately for what happened with him in Palmyra, NJ?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 03:26 PM

Speaking of that guy, serp, I wonder if this case from Florida had anything to do with why he wasn't arrested immediately for what happened with him in Palmyra, NJ?

I would not be surprised they are becoming so patient (Feds)cos the violence Has not been that much of a factor .
Many say if they don't hit guys that the Feds will not come after them well yea immediately but eventually they will come and nobody fears them so everybody flips for a five years bid .
They have become so week that almost anyone can infiltrate them they really need to have a rank or position in the family that just does background and go undercover them selfs to follow theses proposed members or new Business associates .

Times have changed and they have not all but put there tail between there legs if they want that life they will have to get smart.

I don't see them changing just a revolving door of guys that do not get it .

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 05:34 PM

Your not a mark if your rich and wont put up your brother i laws bail. What do you think the guys wife joeys sister would say. He be sleeping on couch forever. And his wife put up shit. Guy is a baller. I said it way back of course those cars are rented. Couple grand a month he got the money. Not like dumb scarfo jr buying mansions and yachts in his wifes name.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 06:17 PM

@ vegasMikey

I never really got the hate on the video poker machines either.. I was going to make a thread asking what was better, some gambling machines or a gambling package? Video poker took in 913 million in the state last year, people called it small time stuff in Illinois too lol
yep it is defintley a lot of revenue from them. Its just so annoying to me when i am trying to actually browse threads and read about stuff that interests me, and then i gotta see people like Moe constantly saying they dont habe anything going on in Philly. Saying the family is almost defunct. Calling it a couple guys making book. Swearing nicodemo will snitch. Low and behold here we are and none of that is true. What a suprise though from the guy who makes threads about Gigante being gay.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 06:20 PM

Your not a mark if your rich and wont put up your brother i laws bail. What do you think the guys wife joeys sister would say. He be sleeping on couch forever. And his wife put up shit. Guy is a baller. I said it way back of course those cars are rented. Couple grand a month he got the money. Not like dumb scarfo jr buying mansions and yachts in his wifes name.
right. Were supposed to believe someone is a mark for bailing out thier brother in law. Its hard for some people to wrap thier head around the fact that not everyone is law and order every time and rooting for the G men. Whoever helped bail him has probably also benifited at one time or another from associating with Merlino too

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 06:50 PM

@ vegasMikey

yep it is defintley a lot of revenue from them. Its just so annoying to me when i am trying to actually browse threads and read about stuff that interests me, and then i gotta see people like Moe constantly saying they dont habe anything going on in Philly. Saying the family is almost defunct. Calling it a couple guys making book. Swearing nicodemo will snitch. Low and behold here we are and none of that is true. What a suprise though from the guy who makes threads about Gigante being gay.

Are you sure you don't have me confused with someone else? Copy and paste comments where I said these things.

Quote:

right. Were supposed to believe someone is a mark for bailing out thier brother in law. Its hard for some people to wrap thier head around the fact that not everyone is law and order every time and rooting for the G men. Whoever helped bail him has probably also benifited at one time or another from associating with Merlino too

Someone barely taller than a midget taking them for a ride. What else would you call them if not marks?

And in re: to the bolded, are you referring to yourself?

Kudos to Merlino and Parrello's schemes BTW. Truly. Right up there with Romanian gypsies stealing pin numbers from ATM's, Nigerians marrying native women to attain residency, people staging car crashes to scam insurance companies and someone from India hacking into a kid's Facebook account and telling him to wire him £10,000 or he'll send dick pics to his friends.

Compound cream. rolleyes

Edit: Friends who bailed him out (McCaffrey, Marano) not related to him from what I am reading.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 07:02 PM

These types of scams, whether big or small, are ad hoc and not the consistent, day-in-day-out money maker that gambling is for the mob. And this is the first time I've seen the Philadelphia family involved in a big one and it was probably due to them partnering with the NY families more than anything.

By the way, as a whole, bookmaking is far and away the biggest source of gambling revenue.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 08:52 PM

I agree ivy that is true. Moe the stuff you post is so insane i cant do it anymore. Good talk

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 09:10 PM

He made no mention about if you believed he was boss or not, he was talking about money, you saying he just got some envelopes here and there and Mikey pointing out he was out there earning...and a nice sum

Regarding the bail..when mobsters make bail you think they go under their mattress and pull out their cash for the bail? Relatives put their houses up all the time for mob guys for bail.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 09:14 PM

@ vegasMikey

lol I agree, I'm gonna try harder to ignore his posts. Its tough though because he is always on here and popping up in every good thread so he is hard to avoid, unfortunately.

It's especially hilarious when he is poking fun at Parello and Merlino for the compound cream, when someone posted the figures. And it was Millions. I mean delusion is a hell of a drug.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 09:15 PM

I agree ivy that is true. Moe the stuff you post is so insane i cant do it anymore. Good talk

You can't do it anymore because you either attributed other people's posts to me or you deliberately fabricated things I said.

If you are going to take issue with something I said, at least refer to stuff I actually said.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 09:18 PM

@ vegasMikey

lol I agree, I'm gonna try harder to ignore his posts. Its tough though because he is always on here and popping up in every good thread so he is hard to avoid, unfortunately.

You are on at least three mob forums already. It can't be that hard to stop posting on one of them - if you had any semblance of a life.

I personally find fanboys like you who identify with Joey Merlino because you are Italian seven times removed pretty insufferable too!

And I find it pretty ironic that the fanboys think Merlino & Parrello's compound cream scam is genius when Nigerians, Indians and gypsies bring in similar cash with similar scams e.g. viagra pill scams, staged car crashes etc.

But I can't see them jacking off to that somehow.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 09:33 PM

Thing tht interests me is probaly that its the only organized white guy crime group up here in there northeast. Theres no a.b. theres no russian crime group outside of brooklyn and miami. I live in a heavy african neighbood but i wouldnt no what shit there doing i no alot are slum lords and one would splice my cable till i caught him and told him hes fucking up my internet in the old big dell desktop days. Id call the cable internet comp theyd come fix it hed splice the next morning till i looked out the window cught his ass.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/14/16 10:11 PM

@ vegasMikey

You are on at least three mob forums already. It can't be that hard to stop posting on one of them - if you had any semblance of a life.

I personally find fanboys like you who identify with Joey Merlino because you are Italian seven times removed pretty insufferable too!

And I find it pretty ironic that the fanboys think Merlino & Parrello's compound cream scam is genius when Nigerians, Indians and gypsies bring in similar cash with similar scams e.g. viagra pill scams, staged car crashes etc.

But I can't see them jacking off to that somehow.

Who said genius? I said highly profitable, which it was. You always switch things around when you get called out for being wrong, which is often.

I would say stick to trying to be funny, but the board would suffer even more with your attempts at comedy ruining threads.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/15/16 01:15 AM

I have noticed that a lot of big threads turn into random arguments. Maybe I'm just new to the forum and that's a common thing.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/15/16 10:18 AM

I've recently come to the conclusion that a lot of guys are more interested in trolling, or arguing than genuinely interested in OC.

I find it a little strange y'all find Moe THAT IRRITATING, lol it's just some jokes and memes like come on now......

Look at what Crash posted about Mexicans, that shit should irritate you guys more than Moes jokes.

Now Moe, I gotta take you to task a little bit. See whether you like these guys or not, it's like, you can't brand a guy a rat or a fag if he's not. Especially not a Gigante, call him anything else, murderer, piece of shit, but he's not THE WORST. HE wasn't like, a Granello, or Demeo. I think that's why you got a few guys a little hot. That's just a fuckin NONO, LIKE YOU CANT DO THAT. It's a street thing. It's like D' Arcos book, just the hint of association is enough to taint you. Again this means nothing in the burbs, but if you were to do that in like the NEIGHBORHOOD, DA HOOD, you would see guys VEHEMENTLY refute this. Like this is not a small thing if it's out in the street you are a rat or a fag man that's like, women won't look at you, you won't even fuckin get laid, lol

I mean there was an article saying Dellacroce was a rat too, but I don't think we believe that, do we?

Now I have a philosophy like Joe Pistones, I don't look down on a guy because he maybe didn't have the opportunity to go to college and lives off his wits, or just plain hard work. Or that Gallo, how he says he can respect any man, as long as he is a MAN, be it gangster, cop, Doctor, some other race, whatever.

You can learn from people from all walks of life, if you lack perspective, if you can't put yourself in someone else's shoes.... You never know how anyone started out or what they went through. It's like, what if Sammy Gravanos teachers actually KNEW WHAT DYSLEXIA WAS? I'm not apologizing for the guy, but he admittedly like hard work, and the army. He might have been totally different, maybe not. How would you react if you were treated as retarded and you knew you weren't, but SOCIETY kinda brands you as retarded. You are going to rebell against that if you have any kinda dignity or self esteem. Again, put yourself in a car with Scarfo at seven years old, and the guy tells you there is a body in a trunk. You might feel proud, cry like a girl, get scared, run away, puke, shit on yourself, how do you know how you would react? Can the kid really be blamed?
Again I'm not apologizing for this fuck either but I do understand perspective ya know?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/15/16 10:45 AM

My last thing Ima add, you guys really don't think SOME OF THE STUFF MOE POST IS FUNNY? Like for real? Esp his screenplay jokes? Those shits are legit man, lol......

@Moe
I think I told you before there is a standup comedian fighting his way outta you! I say this cause a few times when there was some silly argument going on, you tried to diffuse it with some really well timed Memes. I'm like how'd he ever find that? That was perfect! I think even hoodlum mentioned something, I think maybe you are really a writer and don't know it lol! This is your outlet for it, but maybe you should take it a little more serious outside the forums, just a thought, I actually DO find you kinda funny lol

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/15/16 11:08 AM

Okay my last thought;

I think this is a good example of like, for all our Internet perusing, research and all that, maybe we should defer to the Philly guys on this, as they are actually on the spot, and CAN SEE, THESE GUYS ARE ACTIVE AND OUT HERE, so to speak....
Posted By: JoeSlim

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/16/16 03:12 AM

What's up guys long time no post, here's a new video if you haven't seen it.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-mob-arrests-south-florida-20160813-story.html

How do you post pics?

Thanks

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/17/16 04:57 PM

Is there any truth to the rumours Mike lancelotti has become acting boss of Philly , that's what I've heard from a couple of different peopl

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/17/16 06:23 PM

I can't see him even accepting it if he was offered. Of everyone in Philly, he's always been most under the radar for nearly 20 years on the street.

But of the guys on the street most capable if Ligambi were to fully retire and Merino being UD, I'd say it be him.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/17/16 08:08 PM

As far as i know nothing has changed aa far as acting boss but i could be wrong. Im installing carpet in a real nice townhouse in packer park, if i see uncle joe ill ask him lol

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/17/16 08:46 PM

It's got to be either Uncle Joe or Stevie

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/17/16 09:58 PM

I'd imagine Uncle Joe is the guy, unless he has retired. He probably should.

Any updates on this case? I wonder if Merlino will plea out. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to do it, but after being in prison for so long and now looking at being locked up until his mid 70s, he's gotta be considering it.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/17/16 10:03 PM

I haven't really followed Philly until I got on here but if Merlino steps down to go into the can I imagine it would go back to Uncle Joe.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/17/16 10:09 PM

Educated guess here I say Skinny stays at the top as a Lightning rod and Stevie steps up to acting Lance or uncle Joe consigliere and Gerogie just starts problems.
Posted By: TonyManero

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/17/16 11:15 PM

Curious to who you're referring to that was in "Palmyra"? Only bc I missed that story and I know the area...any O.C news involving Palmyra got my attention. Thanks

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/17/16 11:51 PM

Educated guess here I say Skinny stays at the top as a Lightning rod and Stevie steps up to acting Lance or uncle Joe consigliere and Gerogie just starts problems.

Yeah this is the most likely scenario and makes the most sense, imo

Where did Lancelotti come from out of nowhere to call the shots? Just doesn't make sense to me. Lance has to be the most low key guy in Philly

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/18/16 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: TonyManero
Curious to who you're referring to that was in "Palmyra"? Only bc I missed that story and I know the area...any O.C news involving Palmyra got my attention. Thanks

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/05...rganized-crime/

Brad Sirkin, one of the guys in Merlino Florida crew arrested.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/18/16 12:33 AM

Deleted
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/18/16 02:48 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/06/nyregi...ime-family.html

So back in 2001 an undercover detective infiltrated Patsy Parrello's crew and became a regular at his restaurant. Some people never learn! lol

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/18/16 03:11 AM

Serpentes..when you say Georgie 'just starts problems', what exactly do you mean by that, I'm curious

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/18/16 10:59 AM

Serpentes..when you say Georgie 'just starts problems', what exactly do you mean by that, I'm curious

Even as a boy Georgie never sat for anyone or anything. He is very very head strong and will not not sit for anyone he will think he has the right at the top spot cos he was there for it all and he is right .

I have no inside info I remeber some of these guys as boys and Skinny is the same as he was and so is Georgie they will not change now.
But does Georgie have the head for it and what does the other top five say .

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/18/16 12:38 PM

Didn't Steven Mazzone chicken out of a hit on John Veasey or his brother? Little over a decade later and he's considered boss material.

Thanks for the kind comments by the way, Cabrini.

Always enjoy your posts - in-depth, informative and not confrontational.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/18/16 03:13 PM

serp, understood, thanks for the clarification...its not that George has a problem with the people you mentioned, its more he is stubborn and has his own thoughts...

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/18/16 03:57 PM

Borgesi seems to be another magnet for Law Enforcement who also is good for
Bringing a rat into the inner circle every few years....

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/18/16 04:38 PM

Biggie : No doubt even when he was 16 and looking like the red headed stepchild and all the other guys were dark hair dark eyes he was excepted and that was the vibe I got down here don't know about Philly and he was not shy.

Georgie was down here and around Scarf more then uncle Joe I did not see Joe till he was bar tending for Vince S well after his name was thrown around .

Dante : When you are money hungry you slip more then others greed will get you every time .

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/18/16 07:46 PM

Biggie : No doubt even when he was 16 and looking like the red headed stepchild and all the other guys were dark hair dark eyes he was excepted and that was the vibe I got down here don't know about Philly and he was not shy.

Georgie was down here and around Scarf more then uncle Joe I did not see Joe till he was bar tending for Vince S well after his name was thrown around .

Dante : When you are money hungry you slip more then others greed will get you every time .

I think Georgie and skinny did the most hits of the crew, that's why they have always been at the top of that crew. That is the only way for others to respect and fear you in that life.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/18/16 07:48 PM

That whole Philly family starting with Bruno can be a Netflix series, but the most appealing would have to be the Merlino crew, them guys just did whatever the fuck they wanted and survived, The Last Gangster book was good I just wonder how accurate the way they describe these guys in real life are, ruthless crew!!

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/19/16 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: JoeSlim

I think Georgie and skinny did the most hits of the crew, that's why they have always been at the top of that crew. That is the only way for others to respect and fear you in that life.

Who are they suspected of hitting?

Merlino I only remember him beeing tied to Scarfo Jr...and Natales son on the highway hit I think it was...and neither of them died so they arent really hits...

Georgie...I don't recall any names...but I remember some book or article had him on wire on an informant said he bragged about multiple "notches in his belt" and I think it was a high number. Just hot air or no?

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/19/16 02:08 AM

If you count people Merlino ordered other people to kill he has several victims.

It was Stanfa's kid he tried to kill on the Schuylkill.

George Borgesi is strongly suspected of killing Ralph Mazzuca. Among others.

http://articles.philly.com/1995-02-25/news/25704548_1_mob-ties-mob-leader-joseph-skinny-joey-merlino

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/19/16 02:10 AM

joey geogre and i think mazzone killed a merlino associate Dutchie Avicoli apparently he was fucking mazzones wife so they killed him he used to be with the crow back in the 80s.

borgesi is said to be tied to a murder of a drug dealer i think it was roger vella or another merlino associate some drug dealer allegedly robbed so borgesi helped kill the drug dealer in revenge for the robbery another murder they talk about in last gangster

joey i think and maybe geogre were both involved in the joey chang shooting i think they were present it was mikey chang who was said to have actually shot him though

Frank Gambino shot that old guy Milicia who had the poker machines the guys kids would sell the company to ligambi when merlino got indicted joey merlino was allegedly in the car with him. I think it was because he would not pay street tax

I dont think joey was actually present at any other murder borgesi might of the guy is crazy but they ordered alot of murder and shootings scarfo junior, joey chang, stanfa junior, billy veasy, joe sodano, anthony turra,Milicia, ronnie turchi and johnny gongs

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/19/16 03:59 PM

Yeah that's what I meant, they ordered or were involved in a lot of them.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/19/16 04:01 PM

I think anyone that's involved in that life and a War breaks out you need to shoot, if not they'll take you out, so I don't judge them in any bad way for doing what they had to do. Kill or be killed
Posted By: PHL_Mob

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/19/16 04:05 PM

I'm pretty sure Joey and George participated in the Jimmy Brooms Diaddorio murder in '92 (with Angelina, Vincent Iannece, and Mazzone) and I'm pretty sure Merlino, Mike Chang, and Tommy Scafidi were in on Louie Irish DeLuca in '91 or '92... Pretty sure Felix Bocchino was Mazzone's first hit if I remember correctly and I'm sure George and Joey played a role in that hit somehow since Mazzone was Joey's guy. Billy Veasey was Johnny Chang and Borgesi and Lance. Not sure who did Gino Marconi in '99 but Merlino was in jail at that point.

This is sort of an unrelated question, but does anyone know anything about the Mikey Ice Brennan hit in '94? He was last seen getting into a bar fight with Vincent Iannece in South Philly and then was later found dead in Camden, NJ. I think he was a low-level Merlino Associate.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/19/16 08:58 PM

Felix Bocchino was killed by Mazzone in 1992, Mickey Chang was the driver
Posted By: Ted

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/19/16 09:00 PM

John Stanfa was in the car too.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/19/16 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted

Yeah with that big headed Irish driver.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/19/16 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob
I'm pretty sure Joey and George participated in the Jimmy Brooms Diaddorio murder in '92 (with Angelina, Vincent Iannece, and Mazzone) and I'm pretty sure Merlino, Mike Chang, and Tommy Scafidi were in on Louie Irish DeLuca in '91 or '92... Pretty sure Felix Bocchino was Mazzone's first hit if I remember correctly and I'm sure George and Joey played a role in that hit somehow since Mazzone was Joey's guy. Billy Veasey was Johnny Chang and Borgesi and Lance. Not sure who did Gino Marconi in '99 but Merlino was in jail at that point.

This is sort of an unrelated question, but does anyone know anything about the Mikey Ice Brennan hit in '94? He was last seen getting into a bar fight with Vincent Iannece in South Philly and then was later found dead in Camden, NJ. I think he was a low-level Merlino Associate.

All I know about him is he did a lot of drinking down here on the island back in the day .
He would stop in a few places that we hung just to run in look around or have a drink .
He was liked from what I could tell this was late in the game and in the beginning of Skinny coming up.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/19/16 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob

cool thanks...never heard of some of these hits

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/19/16 11:36 PM

Aldrich is an English surname you mong!

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/19/16 11:37 PM

I looked up the Felix hit...said a heavy set guy ran from the scene...Mazzone was never fat was he?

The murder, the first significant Mafia killing in nearly seven years, came as Bocchino, 73, started his car parked in the 1200 block of Mifflin Street. He was shot in the head and neck at close range. Police found him a little after 8 a.m., slumped over the front seat of his maroon-topped white Buick.

After the shooting, a heavyset man wearing a black windbreaker with the hood pulled up around his head was seen running from the scene east on Mifflin and then south on Camac Street, investigators said.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/19/16 11:39 PM

Before he started taking steroids and overdoing it in the tanning salons he was chubby enough.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/20/16 12:32 AM

Aldrich is an English surname you mong!

Never knew his name only seen a picture .. I profile .

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/20/16 01:44 AM

So as far we know, Joey never killed anyone himself?

The two hits in which he was suspected to pull the trigger (Scarfo Jr. and Stanfas kid)

To his credit I dont know how the fuck Scarfo Jr. didnt die with that many shots at that range with a fucking machine pistol

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/20/16 02:42 AM

The two hits in which he was suspected to pull the trigger (Scarfo Jr. and Stanfas kid)

To his credit I dont know how the fuck Scarfo Jr. didnt die with that many shots at that range with a fucking machine pistol

True that ... What amazes me is he never broke the rules and went after Skinny .
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/20/16 04:10 AM

True that ... What amazes me is he never broke the rules and went after Skinny .
I often wondered if dad egged him on to retaliate against skinny.
Posted By: yatescj7

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/20/16 05:06 AM

Just read Phil Leonetti's book. Scarfo Sr was egging him on to kill Merlino all the time. In code of course (Not hard to figure out though) telling him to look up the definition of Procrastinate and to stop procrastinating with the drunken idiot (Merlino)

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/20/16 12:57 PM

Even these guys have a code of ethics or class maybe and trust me if you guys knew what Skinny was is about you would say the same as these guys.

He has dodged so many hits one way or another it's crazy .

This goes way back to when he was messing with drug dealers and his daddy was a soldier or underboss many wanted him gone and no one has done it but the Federal government and they still can't get it done .

They may have saved his life a few times cos he was always under the Feds eye and if anyone was stalking him I'm sure they bumped into a Fed or two.

Skinny just keeps getting lucky !!!
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/20/16 04:18 PM

Yeh Scarfo Sr being the homicidal maniac/vengeful individual that he is most definitely egged his son on to get even....

Serp I don't understand what u mean "breaking the rules and going after skinny". Nicky Jr doesn't have the balls to do the job though, he not only wasn't a hitter but he doesn't have the guys or stomach for it

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/20/16 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Tonytough
Yeh Scarfo Sr being the homicidal maniac/vengeful individual that he is most definitely egged his son on to get even....

Serp I don't understand what u mean "breaking the rules and going after skinny". Nicky Jr doesn't have the balls to do the job though, he not only wasn't a hitter but he doesn't have the guys or stomach for it ..................

I don't know about him not being able or having the balls or the stomach don't be fooled by how things went down .
He is his father son and was with him every minute that he could he was the only one including Phil that was actually comfortable and enjoyed being in his person .

Now if Nick Sr. was not put down then things would have been different and Jr. Was not made yet .
Then he was a Luke so now you are bring a NY family into this .
It was crushed cos of the timing and circumstances in the N y families also .

That don't mean Sr. Did not try to make moves but Jr. hands were tied.

DONT KNOW HOW I DID THAT !!!!

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/21/16 04:13 AM

Nicky Jr doesn't have the balls to do the job though, he not only wasn't a hitter but he doesn't have the guys or stomach for it

Posts like this are hysterical.

Nicky Jnr doesn't have balls, guts etc.
He only did 5 years in the 90's, 5 more in the 00's and is now doing THIRTY YEARS but he's got no balls?

Ridiculous.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/21/16 05:10 AM

Nicky Jr doesn't have the balls to do the job though, he not only wasn't a hitter but he doesn't have the guys or stomach for it

He only did 5 years in the 90's, 5 more in the 00's and is now doing THIRTY YEARS but he's got no balls?

Ridiculous.

I literally have to stop myself from going on a rant when I read shit like that.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/21/16 09:49 AM

I know right, funny thing is I had a rant previously in the thread about this very thing,

How there is a lack of perspective sometimes on the boards...PUT YOURSELF IN HIS SHOES, THEN ASK YOURSELF, HOW WOULD I RESPOND TO THAT,REALLY FOR REAL.......

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/21/16 01:45 PM

Maybe it's me but, anyone who gets shot 8 times and survives fully knowing the life and then makes a decision to stay in that life makes him a guy "with the stomach for it" to me.

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/21/16 02:07 PM

PUT YOURSELF IN HIS SHOES, THEN ASK YOURSELF, HOW WOULD I RESPOND TO THAT,REALLY FOR REAL.......

exactly...
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/22/16 01:48 AM

If you guys ever read George Fresolones "Blood Oath" book, he says towards the end that he was the one who was tasked by Nicky Sr. & Tony Piccolo to kill Merlino after he was released from jail. Of course Fresolone was wired and cooperating then, but he was put in charge of the Patty Specs crew, by the man himself, Specs supposedly was going to knock down Scoops Licata, and place Fresolone as his acting captain. History showed that Fresolone was placed in witsec and his operation was ended shortly after his induction ceremony. But had he not been wired and a rat the whole time, Joey Merlino was going to get what was coming to him for the Nicky Jr attempt. Fate just so happened to work out in Merlino's favor.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/22/16 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Chicken713
I have noticed that a lot of big threads turn into random arguments. Maybe I'm just new to the forum and that's a common thing.

Its not just you man, it's like that on all of these types of forums nowadays, at least the ones I tend to frequent.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/22/16 02:02 AM

Ridiculous.
I second that!..

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/22/16 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
If you guys ever read George Fresolones "Blood Oath" book, he says towards the end that he was the one who was tasked by Nicky Sr. & Tony Piccolo to kill Merlino after he was released from jail. Of course Fresolone was wired and cooperating then, but he was put in charge of the Patty Specs crew, by the man himself, Specs supposedly was going to knock down Scoops Licata, and place Fresolone as his acting captain. History showed that Fresolone was placed in witsec and his operation was ended shortly after his induction ceremony. But had he not been wired and a rat the whole time, Joey Merlino was going to get what was coming to him for the Nicky Jr attempt. Fate just so happened to work out in Merlino's favor.

True and there were more plots that failed.
If Nick sr. Just realized that it was the 80 's for the Feds and the 30's or 40's in his head .
He had the entire family and girlfriends and wife's and associates knowing what was going on .
How a guy could know the life so well but be so far behind in the times having entire hit squad cruising the streets .

Re: Joey merlino and others busted - 08/22/16 06:40 PM

Ridiculous.

Agreed. I have just been ignoring the people that talk that bullshit. Keyboard warriors got a lot of nerve talking about they got no balls...yet the person posting would probably snitch on their mother over a 30 day stint for a sentence reduction
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET