Home

Philly, Pat's V Gino's, Mob Involved?

Posted By: NickyScarfo

Philly, Pat's V Gino's, Mob Involved? - 07/28/16 06:10 AM

Hi Philly guys, so I was watching some of the Democratic convention, and I think it was on Fox they had a little story on the Philly Cheese steak and this rivalry between the 2 Restaurants, It said Gino's has been there since the 60s and is owned by an Italian family. Back in the Scarfo or Bruno days etc, was there any mob influence/shakedowns etc? I guess the wiseguys have eaten there etc.
Also Philly guys can you explain this Cheese steak thing? Is it that good? Can you make it at home? Thanks guys.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Philly, Pat's V Gino's, Mob Involved? - 07/28/16 10:10 AM

Phil Narducci owns Philip's Steaks which is the best Cheesteak in South Philly, far superior than Gino's or Pat's. Gino's and Pat's are nothing but tourist traps. This of course is all my opinion from my experiences...

Re: Philly, Pat's V Gino's, Mob Involved? - 07/28/16 10:12 AM

Anytime I'm in South Philly to see one of my New York/New Jersey teams or some college hoops, my buddies and I ALWAYS stop at Philip's Cheesteaks, it's the best!
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Philly, Pat's V Gino's, Mob Involved? - 07/28/16 10:33 AM

Why would you put money in that crook's pockets?
Posted By: PHL_Mob

Re: Philly, Pat's V Gino's, Mob Involved? - 07/28/16 11:59 AM

Philip doesn't own it anymore his sister has it and runs it with her sons...
Posted By: Biggie

Re: Philly, Pat's V Gino's, Mob Involved? - 07/28/16 12:52 PM

phillips is the best, and yes he doesn't own it..although I disagree on ginos, its pretty good...far as 'putting money in crooks pockets'..ahaha,isnt that what the convention is doing?
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: Philly, Pat's V Gino's, Mob Involved? - 07/28/16 01:43 PM

i was never crazy about phillips. havent been there since like 2006 though.. I was always a Geno's guy!
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: Philly, Pat's V Gino's, Mob Involved? - 07/28/16 01:45 PM

and the owners are the ventos. back in the 80's scarfo had beef with one of the old owner joey ventos newphew steve vento but the actual owner stayed out of everything pretty sure. he died few years back..
Posted By: irishkaos

Re: Philly, Pat's V Gino's, Mob Involved? - 07/28/16 04:41 PM

Thought the Baldino's now ran Phillips?
Posted By: phillyguy39

Re: Philly, Pat's V Gino's, Mob Involved? - 07/30/16 11:01 AM

Phil Narducci has nothing whatsoever to do with Philips Steaks. This is the place that his sister and her family robbed from him. The Baldino kid that runs it is a big rat from what I hear. The most hated guy in south Philly. He hangs with a bunch of punks and a pussy cop named Danny. He recently got thrown out of Stogie Joe's and the Green House. The local guys called him a rat to his face.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Philly, Pat's V Gino's, Mob Involved? - 07/30/16 12:07 PM

Which Baldino is under Narducci and got his button recently? That family must be really fucked up

Re: Philly, Pat's V Gino's, Mob Involved? - 07/30/16 02:29 PM

Frank or Joseph Jr.

Re: Philly, Pat's V Gino's, Mob Involved? - 07/30/16 04:00 PM

I thought Phil Narducci still owns it , but doesn't run it? That's what I heard at least....

Re: Philly, Pat's V Gino's, Mob Involved? - 07/30/16 04:27 PM

Haven't been by that way in awhile but heard he was also having his sister run the Pawn Store/Check Cashing place next store to Philips. When he came out, there was big resistance from the neighborhood civic people against it. Not sure if it ever happened.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Philly, Pat's V Gino's, Mob Involved? - 07/31/16 04:52 AM

Originally Posted By: irishkaos
Haven't been by that way in awhile but heard he was also having his sister run the Pawn Store/Check Cashing place next store to Philips. When he came out, there was big resistance from the neighborhood civic people against it. Not sure if it ever happened.
This is all true from my own synopsis..not sure who is the real roofkeeper of that little joint of great sandwiches..but if u want a good sandwich besides phil's the runner ups r steves prince of steaks in the n.e.,,or the flagship place of tony lukes..but if u go 2 tony's..might as well as stick w/ what they do best.. THE BEST FUCKIN'ROAST PORK( besides JOHN'S)..WHICH NOBODY CAN FIND ANYWAYS.. get it/w broc rabb & provolone....
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET