Home

The Rise and Fall of Mafia boss Frank Costello

Posted By: GangstersInc

The Rise and Fall of Mafia boss Frank Costello - 07/16/16 04:02 PM

“This is for you, Frank!” – The rise and fall of New York Mafia boss Frank Costello http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/bl...-frank-costello
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: The Rise and Fall of Mafia boss Frank Costello - 07/17/16 02:54 AM

The basis for Don Vito Corleone.

Frank probably represented the sophistication and the class of the mid 20th century mob more than anyone. If the Genovese family is the "Rolls Royce" of American organized crime, he was the engine.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: The Rise and Fall of Mafia boss Frank Costello - 07/17/16 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
The basis for Don Vito Corleone.

Frank probably represented the sophistication and the class of the mid 20th century mob more than anyone. If the Genovese family is the "Rolls Royce" of American organized crime, he was the engine.

Co-signed 100%
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: The Rise and Fall of Mafia boss Frank Costello - 07/20/16 07:16 PM

ive read in "five families" that vito Genovese tried to whack Costello because he was hearing about Costello and Anastasia meeting to discuss whacking him.

anyway costello was in vitos way, and vito wanted him gone.

valachi in the "valachi papers" said when vito was in Italy costello was running the family, and valachi said everthing was peaceful when Costello was boss, vito wanted all the power, so Costello was no.1 target,
Posted By: Hollander

Re: The Rise and Fall of Mafia boss Frank Costello - 07/20/16 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
ive read in "five families" that vito Genovese tried to whack Costello because he was hearing about Costello and Anastasia meeting to discuss whacking him.

Those dirty Calabrians.
Posted By: pmac

Re: The Rise and Fall of Mafia boss Frank Costello - 07/21/16 01:28 AM

I think a big myth is after he was shot he retired. I think after the shooting and the heat he stepped down gave vito the seat. After vito went to prison they made peace. And he was still a semi guy. Also its looks true lilo galante blew up his tomb but gambino was also still alive when that happen 74 75 wonder how he took that.
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: The Rise and Fall of Mafia boss Frank Costello - 07/31/21 12:37 PM

Get Frank: How the IRS brought down a mob boss. Again. https://gangstersinc.ning.com/blog/get-frank-how-the-irs-brought-down-a-mob-boss-again
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: The Rise and Fall of Mafia boss Frank Costello - 07/31/21 12:52 PM

I think the Gigante shooting was all an act.

I have heard the wound as being superficial yet, Costello made it a point to wear a ridiculously large bandage that looks like he took a 12 gauge in the middle of war.

He also made it a point to have blood drips shown on his suit. They looked like someone artistically put them there.

Where was the scar on his head? Has anyone ever seen a photo showing any signs of damage?

Gigante was smart and knew he probably was in a very bad situation....Probably could be killed for not following orders and in retaliation had he killed Costello.

I think possibly, him and Costello came to an agreement that would satisfy everyone. A staged murder attempt.
Posted By: jace

Re: The Rise and Fall of Mafia boss Frank Costello - 07/31/21 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianIrishMix
I think the Gigante shooting was all an act.

I have heard the wound as being superficial yet, Costello made it a point to wear a ridiculously large bandage that looks like he took a 12 gauge in the middle of war.

He also made it a point to have blood drips shown on his suit. They looked like someone artistically put them there.

Where was the scar on his head? Has anyone ever seen a photo showing any signs of damage?

Gigante was smart and knew he probably was in a very bad situation....Probably could be killed for not following orders and in retaliation had he killed Costello.

I think possibly, him and Costello came to an agreement that would satisfy everyone. A staged murder attempt.

I disagree, sorry. My reason is the attention it put on them, Gigante, Costello, and Genovese. It made headlines and created more scrutiny from law enforcement and the media. It must have done the same for others in their circle of associates. I think it would have been easier to just have Costello step aside, but he would have to be willing to do so. They would have also needed the ambulance workers, the emergency room staff, and the doctors who treated him to go along.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: The Rise and Fall of Mafia boss Frank Costello - 07/31/21 04:29 PM

Here's a biography I wrote awhile back about the iconic, Francesco Castiglia, aka Frank Costello

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/2019/11/30/frank-costello/
Posted By: DillyDolly

Re: The Rise and Fall of Mafia boss Frank Costello - 07/31/21 06:50 PM

The mob has been doing things that put attention on themselves since time immemorial, what makes this any different?
Posted By: CNote

Re: The Rise and Fall of Mafia boss Frank Costello - 07/31/21 07:45 PM

In late 1957, Genovese and Gambino allegedly ordered Anastasia's murder. Genovese had heard rumors that Costello was conspiring with Anastasia to regain power.
https://mafia.wikia.org/wiki/Vito_Genovese
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET