Home

Was Frank Matthews taken out by Gambino or ....

Posted By: mchang93

Was Frank Matthews taken out by Gambino or .... - 07/06/16 05:07 PM

Recently watch a documentary on Frank Matthews and found a few things interesting. Frank had really pissed off LCN but hooking up with French Connection guys who were down in Venezuela. Also him living on Todt Hill had not been a well liked move by LCN. My question is did they get to hI'm or did he actually disappear? Looking for some opinions on the matter because I have heard good points on both sides. He went to court for six months before skipping town which doesn't make much sense unless he wanted time with his family before he went. Also his son Frank Jr had a bad time with drugs and was in the news in early 2000's around same time he was apparently spotted in Caribbean, why just stand back and watch your son, your name sake destroying his life. A lot of accounts I have heard have him being so feared LCN wouldn't make a move on him. He sent a message to Don Carlo saying something along the lines that if any of his men were touched he would ride down Mulberry Street and shoot every Guinea he saw. What we know of Don Carlo though leads me to form the opinion he would not take a threat like that with no response.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Was Frank Matthews taken out by Gambino or .... - 07/06/16 11:04 PM

I've watched the documentary on Frank Matthews and read the book. My guess is Matthews and his girlfriend just left and never looked back. It's totally plausible that the mob took him out, but why go to the effort of making him and his girlfriend disappear?

Interestingly, in the book it says researchers found that Matthews was partners in a carpet cleaning service with Tony Ducks confused
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Was Frank Matthews taken out by Gambino or .... - 07/06/16 11:54 PM

Way more likely he ran away and died quietly or is still alive.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Was Frank Matthews taken out by Gambino or .... - 07/07/16 01:36 AM

Did demeo an his crew chopp him up was it in that time frame 72 81?

Re: Was Frank Matthews taken out by Gambino or .... - 07/07/16 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Did demeo an his crew chopp him up was it in that time frame 72 81?

Yea think he disappeared in 73

Re: Was Frank Matthews taken out by Gambino or .... - 07/07/16 05:40 AM

Considering just about everything about demeo and crew has been exposed.... Why would this be hidden?
Posted By: dannymac

Re: Was Frank Matthews taken out by Gambino or .... - 07/07/16 06:48 AM

Is it possible his own crew took him out cos he was running red hot? Could nicky barnes or frank lucas have took him out or he disappeared into witness protection?
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Was Frank Matthews taken out by Gambino or .... - 07/07/16 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey

lol
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Was Frank Matthews taken out by Gambino or .... - 07/07/16 09:49 AM

If anyone would have killed him it would have been the black muslims who had already engaged in a shooting war with him and also killed some of his lieutenants in philadelphia.

Re: Was Frank Matthews taken out by Gambino or .... - 07/07/16 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto
Originally Posted By: VegasMikey

lol
he skipped bail and was seen at a bank way later soooo?

Re: Was Frank Matthews taken out by Gambino or .... - 07/08/16 04:45 PM

Yea apparently he was just missed at a bank on main Street in Durham by FBI. Y they wouldn't have had someone there blows my mind but city of Durham would have protected him anyway he is apparently one of their favorite sons from what I've gathered.
Posted By: joeydoves

Re: Was Frank Matthews taken out by Gambino or .... - 07/12/16 09:35 PM

He got away
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET