Home

Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead

Posted By: Crash

Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 03:03 AM

Sad to say, he was shot and killed in his home tonight in dyker heights. No doubt, it was an OC hit.
Posted By: mike68

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 03:39 AM

The co-owner of the famed L&B Spumoni Gardens restaurant, which once nearly sparked a mob war over a pizza sauce recipe, was shot dead in the backyard of his Brooklyn home Thursday night, police sources said.

Louis Barbati, 61, was shot twice in the back, in the backyard of his home on 12th Ave. and 76th St. in Dyker Heights just after 7 p.m., police said. He died at the scene.

Police sources and say Barbati is an owner of the pizzeria.

Louis Barbati, the co-owner of Spumoni Gardens, was found shot dead at his home on Thursday.
Louis Barbati, the co-owner of Spumoni Gardens, was found shot dead at his home on Thursday. (NICHOLAS FEVELO FOR NEW YORK DAILY NEWS)
Cops are searching for a white man in his 30s who wore a black hoodie and was seen fleeing the scene.

Italian cops bust ‘merciless’ mob boss who hid for 20 years
A mob war nearly erupted over the “gravy” recipe at the pizzeria, but tempers cooled after a sitdown at a Panera Bread cafe, according to testimony in a 2012 extortion case.

Send a Letter to the Editor
Posted By: pmac

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 03:48 AM

Thats crazy im not from nyc or been to this pizza place but it comes up alot on relity tv and in gangland a few times. But on tv its seems on mtv or vh1 any shity show the person mentions that place.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 03:49 AM

Like tthat genos or pats them steak places in Philly i never been there but there on everyrhing fuck espn.
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 04:51 AM

Was Barbati connected to any specific family? Columbos maybe? If this is mob hit theres gotta be more information about him and what happened no from Capeci, or Mazulli from NYDN?
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 05:06 AM

crazy. I'm not positive but I thought bf Guerra had something to do with spumoni.. like relatives of his owned it or some shit I cant exactly remember
Posted By: Dazzlin_Vinny_D

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 05:27 AM

He was a connected guy...L&B been around for so long, Carmine Sr. used to go there every Sunday after church for Spumoni. It's been reported to be organized crime related and most likely has to to with Colombos as Barbati was connected to them.
Posted By: Chicken713

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 06:02 AM

Wonder if they got a video of the getaway car. If not it might take a while to solve this one.
Posted By: SC

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 07:23 AM

Do not copy any article from another source without stating where you got that article.
Posted By: dave213

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 09:52 AM

Originally Posted By: dsbaloo
crazy. I'm not positive but I thought bf Guerra had something to do with spumoni.. like relatives of his owned it or some shit I cant exactly remember

Guerra is Barbati's son-in law I believe.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 10:41 AM

Yep, looks like a mob hit......

http://nypost.com/2016/06/30/owner-of-iconic-brooklyn-pizza-joint-fatally-shot-outside-home/
Posted By: BobbyPazzo

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 12:43 PM

I was just there last week. Crazy.
Posted By: BennyB

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 01:08 PM

I love the pizza there. RIP to the deceased.
Posted By: gangstereport

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 01:10 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...reader-comments

this has all the signs that it is a mob hit we will hear more details but at the moment does look mob related

looks like guerra is his son in law
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 02:17 PM

I used to go there a lot. I was there a few months back. Once they find the motive, they will find the killer.
Posted By: AdamRski

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 02:32 PM

Pure conjecture based on absolutely nothing, but anyone find it interesting that this may be the first Colombo hit since I can't remember when and it happened within two months of both Michael Uvino and Michael Catapano being released?
Posted By: gangstereport

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 02:43 PM

Christopher Mignone was killed 2011 he was apparently related to the perisocs but before that the last hit i can think of was Joseph Campanella in 2001 and he survived the hit. The last murder before that must have been that excop and Wild Bill Cutolo in 1999
Posted By: MusclesMarinara

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 04:29 PM

He had over $10K on him that wasn't taken

http://www.wsj.com/articles/owner-of-bro...382897?mod=e2fb
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: BennyB

You come from Jersey for a Scilician? Actually I don't blame you. We used to have a pizza place called Armando's under the train station on east 16 street and Kings Highway. That was one good pizza.

I don't travel for a pizza I order they deliver. My kids go to the Spumoni garden.when they go they never bring me back nothing. You know how much I do to them. The ungrateful bastards.

But I did look for Armando's in Jersey. I was told that is where they moved to. I could not find it.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 04:49 PM

Bruno's in Clifton has a great Sicilian pie.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads

I don't travel for a pizza I order they deliver. My kids go to the Spumoni garden.when they go they never bring me back nothing. You know how much I do to them. The ungrateful bastards.

LOL. Sorry, Foots. I'm sure if you paid, they'd bring you back some!
Posted By: helenwheels

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 05:28 PM

If I remember correctly BF is SOI (or Ex) to the other partner, not to Barbati.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: helenwheels
If I remember correctly BF is SOI (or Ex) to the other partner, not to Barbati.

Correct " In 2009, Colombo crime family associate Francis “BF” Guerra, related through marriage to another co-owner, was accused of threatening and demanding money from a Staten Island pizzeria owner for allegedly stealing L&B’s pizza sauce recipe. He was cleared in a 2012 trial."

http://nypost.com/2016/07/01/iconic-brooklyn-pizzeria-owner-killed-holding-10k-in-cash/

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 08:35 PM

You come from Jersey for a Scilician? Actually I don't blame you. We used to have a pizza place called Armando's under the train station on east 16 street and Kings Highway. That was one good pizza.

But I did look for Armando's in Jersey. I was told that is where they moved to. I could not find it.

There are about 1,000 armando's in jersey. However, the one i think you are talking about is on Rt 9 in the manalapan area.

Posted By: BobbyPazzo

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: MusclesMarinara
Bruno's in Clifton has a great Sicilian pie.

I grew up on bruno's ... Great Sicilian

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 10:51 PM

So im still unclear, was this Barbati officially an associate, connected, payin protection to the Columbos through Guerra what?

Could it be over a gambling debt? They keep saying its a mob hit, but im curious if anyone here has more info about the mob connection to Barbati himself or the restaurant beyond the stolen sauce incident? The daily mail article detailed that incident much more, had no idea.
Posted By: DA13

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/01/16 11:09 PM

http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news...shot--dead.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/owner-famed-pizzeria-fatally-shot-home-40273294

http://pix11.com/2016/07/01/new-details-...zeria-co-owner/

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 03:55 AM

This was a robbery that went bad. Now they know the motive and its only a matter of time before they catch the shit head that did it.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
This was a robbery that went bad.

That was no robbery (said in my best Willie Cicci voice).

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 06:29 AM

His body was found with 10k still on him, this was a professional hit.

I have co workers of mine who live in Dyker/Bensonhurst, they were telling me at work yesterday that the talk in the neighborhood is mob hit....

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 12:38 PM

"As of early Friday, cops were searching a white Lexus left in front of a fire hydrant down the block from Barbati’s towering two-story brick home."

"Two bullet holes were visible in the white fence running along the side of the house. Police were also scouring nearby homes for security video footage."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...ticle-1.2695112

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 01:21 PM

I still think it was a planned robbery and the prick shot the guy out of panic.
Too much of a coincidence that he was shot right after arriving home with 10k on him.
Perhaps the guy wanted to shoot the guy, not kill him, and then grab the cash ???
The only reason you guys think it was a hit is because he left the money behind. Pulling off a robbery gets the adrenalin pumping big time so its not uncommon for a novice to panic. You need a cool head to do that shit.
I could be wrong but i dont think so.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 02:52 PM

but why shoot of the gun that many times if you were trying to rob him. with everyone owning them secrurity cams on the front porch of there houses these guy will be arrighned on tuesday. unless the car was stolen and untracable.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 04:09 PM

To anyone who believes it was a robbery that went bad - I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell ya.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
but why shoot of the gun that many times if you were trying to rob him. with everyone owning them secrurity cams on the front porch of there houses these guy will be arrighned on tuesday. unless the car was stolen and untracable.

Exactly. Generally if someone freaks out in a robbery gone bad they are going to shoot once and run. I don't know one way or another but this don't look like a robbery gone bad.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 04:40 PM

Leaving the cash sends a message !!!
Posted By: conopizza

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 06:38 PM

With respect to Belmont, robbery motive is absurd, given the circumstances.

You're going to be waiting at / near the guy's house, sun going down but still broad daylight on a clear early evening for a heist like that? With unknown # cameras / witnessses?

More likely 'robbery' motive is either decoy or coincidence.

if the former the question becomes who at L&B or among co-owners intimates tipped the robber / shooter tipped off?

Also Q: what aspect of the 'robbery' went 'wrong'?

There might be more details to come but so far nothing has suggested a 'struggle'.

Curious to see if any camera images come up. If it as it appears it was pro shooter, there's zero chance he went to Staten Island, far better to get on Belt / Gowanus despite backups, zig-zag and then... get the car chopped?

But that's pure speculation. Maybe things were sloppier than they appear and we'll learn more.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 06:43 PM

Here's the thing, though...wouldn't the guy finish him off with a shot to the head? From what I know, he shot him in the arm, leg, and back.

Leaving cash behind can mean 2 things:

1. Mob hit

2. The shooter panicked and ran off.

Another thing that points to a mob hit is speeding off in a white Lexus. Not many robbers drive Lexuses these days...unless it was stolen.

Either way, if it was supposed to be a robbery, someone knew this guy was leaving with a lot of cash on that day.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 06:51 PM

They give cops glocks then they shoot an innocent 70 times 15 bullets in the bottom of the foot. They are cool under pressure.

Just want to know one thing can they still make a good scicilian in the place. Was the owner armed he must have been armed. Did they say anything about that?
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 07:58 PM

I didn't read anything about him being armed, did any of you? He just had cash on him.

But, Barbati, he certainly had his guard down. ??? Why was he so lax? That is the question. If he knew he wasn't doing right by somebody he'd be armed and ready at all times, ESPECIALLY when alone.

@Dom. The shooter may not have been experienced. This is 2016, not 1940. Lol. Just bustin you lol

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 08:32 PM

Now they are saying $15k in cash and the guy was caught on camera smoking cigarettes outside of the Lexus. He better hope it was stolen or he is fucked for sure. Barbati's wife said he only brought that kind of cash home about 6 times a year, so somebody tipped the killer off and this was botched, or as said was a straight up hit. Cops are saying botched robbery but you can't always believe that this early on.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Now they are saying $15k in cash and the guy was caught on camera smoking cigarettes outside of the Lexus. He better hope it was stolen or he is fucked for sure. Barbati's wife said he only brought that kind of cash home about 6 times a year, so somebody tipped the killer off and this was botched, or as said was a straight up hit. Cops are saying botched robbery but you can't always believe that this early on.

6 times/year my ass. He was bringing that in every 2-3 days. Restaurants are cash cows.
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 09:34 PM

What are the chances that it was a hit but the money was a coincidence? The hitter saw his chance and it was just one of the days he was carrying the cash home. Stranger things have happened. I also have a feeling that the "bags of cash" thing happened more often than a half-dozen times a year.

Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
I didn't read anything about him being armed, did any of you? He just had cash on him.

But, Barbati, he certainly had his guard down. ??? Why was he so lax? That is the question. If he knew he wasn't doing right by somebody he'd be armed and ready at all times, ESPECIALLY when alone.

@Dom. The shooter may not have been experienced. This is 2016, not 1940. Lol. Just bustin you lol

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...-pizza-man.html

According to this story he had a permit to carry a .38 that he usually had on his person, but wasn't carrying that particular day. It also reports he had an "ex-cop bodyguard" who also usually tagged along with him. Who knows if it's the truth or all hype about the "bodyguard", the guy could've just been an old pal.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/02/16 10:17 PM

re: L&B cash, they do take credit / debit cards ($10 min I think) so though it's a popular place and they keep pretty long hours... there's a lot of plastic.

was it opportunistic hit AND robbery? perhaps.

the only persuasive line I've seen against it being a hit is that hits are so unusual now, what the hell could he have been up to, even among crazy Columbos, to be a target?
Posted By: salvi62

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/03/16 12:06 AM

There was a sushi place on Sunny Isles Blvd. in Miami Beach called "Hiro's".

Just like this place L&B you almost could never get a table. The place just happened to catch on and you'd see all sorts of famous people from back in the early 1990's.

Whitney and Bobby Brown, the boxer Vinny Pazienza, Stallone, Maddona and a bunch of others.

The owner Hiro would close every night at 2am with a sack full of cash. But he always had a bodyguard, some gun nut who was ex military. He had special permits for mac10's and all kinds of heavy shit.

Point is , he made sure that Hiro got inside his house safely every night with all his cash.

The other point is that if this pizza place was so busy this guy who got popped must have been bringing home a ton of cash EVERY night, not just a few times a year like the wife says.

Sal

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/03/16 12:14 AM

If he is smart you send people a few times a day to make bank deposits.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/03/16 12:22 AM

"According to this story he had a permit to carry a .38 that he usually had on his person, but wasn't carrying that particular day. It also reports he had an "ex-cop bodyguard" who also usually tagged along with him. Who knows if it's the truth or all hype about the "bodyguard", the guy could've just been an old pal."

No gun he must have ran out of bullets. Cop as a body guard. My dead mother would be better then a cop.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/03/16 12:26 AM

If he is smart you send people a few times a day to make bank deposits.

Yeah, if they're depositing it into a business account. The money he was bringing home was for his personal safe. If you make frequent deposits into a personal account that total over 10K, you get flagged right away.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/03/16 12:27 AM

"According to this story he had a permit to carry a .38 that he usually had on his person, but wasn't carrying that particular day. It also reports he had an "ex-cop bodyguard" who also usually tagged along with him. Who knows if it's the truth or all hype about the "bodyguard", the guy could've just been an old pal."

No gun he must have ran out of bullets. Cop as a body guard. My dead mother would be better then a cop.

Why would he need a bodyguard if he wasn't suspicious of something happening to him...
Posted By: Lilange

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/03/16 12:59 AM

There is a excop that works at the pizzeria it gets crazy on Thursday Friday and Saturday nights a lot of people and also a lot of cash. He is usually with Lenny the chef the other partner.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/03/16 02:30 AM

Any deposits that are $10k and over at a bank gets immediately reported to the IRS. If you make multiple deposits just under $10k they come after you. I think the wife is full of it too, but I also think it could be a hit that was just a coincidence with the money. Because if the hitter knew him well enough like they claim, he would have to know he had a bodyguard and a gun most nights (I haven't seen those in stories yet as I haven't read them all) so someone would be stupid to try and rob him with a bodyguard toting a weapon and possibly the owner toting too. Too damn risky for one person.

It just don't make sense for a robbery in my opinion.
Posted By: Dazzlin_Vinny_D

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/03/16 05:09 AM

It's not hard to get a table like at Raos or some other places. It was a hit. Period. EVERYONE knew that the Colombos had that place. There was a big dust up over the sauce a few years back. No joke. No sense speculatin' as to why or who or what. But the owner of L&B doesn't get knocked off in that manner, in that area of Brooklyn without a reason.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/03/16 05:36 AM

It not hard to sit at the bar at Rao's. It's hard to get a table unless Frankie knows you. He knows when a table is not being used. That doesn't mean you can get it.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/03/16 06:04 AM

On Brooklyn it not like it was years ago. I remember when the Latin Kings killed some guy on 18 ave. nothing happened to them.

I remember something less then that happened. Kings did a job on a kid. Then a UPS guy made a delivery to one of the kings houses where his mother and sister lived. That was some delivery he killed everyone in the house. The Latin King was not there but so what you can't kill all of them. But you got one of them where they breathe.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/04/16 09:09 PM

I think a robbery motive is possible. The guy was a restaurant owner. Restaurants are cash businesses, he had cash on him. There's a lot of crazy and evil people in the world looking to get money, it happens.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/04/16 10:58 PM

I would say he probably does more in credit cards/debit cards than cash these days.
Posted By: Jimmythepen

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/04/16 11:06 PM

He was shot 5 times, right? And other bullet holes were seen in a fence at his house. If the shooter had only fired one or two shots then it could well have been that he's panicked and shot him. But to fire that many rounds? I don't see it. If you panic you are going to run away, not stand there and fire maybe 10 shots at the guy.

Of course he might have been high and went overboard, but I think this was a designated hit. Who by and why, I wouldn't have a clue, but Barbati was taken out for a reason and I sincerely doubt it was a botched robbery.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/04/16 11:55 PM

We will just have to wait for the real detectives to solve this- if they can
Posted By: merlino

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/05/16 06:25 PM

This guy is pretty cool and calm after killing a guy in broad daylite

http://nypost.com/2016/07/05/this-is-the-gunman-who-killed-the-owner-of-a-famed-brooklyn-pizzeria/

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/05/16 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: merlino
This guy is pretty cool and calm after killing a guy in broad daylite

http://nypost.com/2016/07/05/this-is-the-gunman-who-killed-the-owner-of-a-famed-brooklyn-pizzeria/

He should've wore a cap. It clearly doesn't look like someone looking to rob another guy, though. He seems too chill after a "robbery gone bad".
Posted By: Crash

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/05/16 09:29 PM

The guy is toast, the cops will find him. He may even be of puerto rican heritage. Look closely, he almost looks like a PR ,
One thingnis for sure, it aint no black.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/05/16 09:44 PM

Yeah, a hat is an obvious choice here. What the hell is wrong with these people?
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/05/16 10:41 PM

Back in the days,on at least 3 occasions in the Newark area....dudes from suburbs would drive around looking for young Black and Puerto Rican kids to do moving jobs. It was a pickup truck and the story was they'd pick up 8-10 teens. Drop them off somewhere and have the kids walk about 5 blocks to where the job was to be done.

Didn't realize until later that the kids were being picked to do little jobs for peanuts, but mainly there to be seen by neighbors in the areas where the work was to be done.

They were camouflage. Major home robberies(planned, well executed) of homes were going down by people's own neighbors...and the kids were brought into the neighborhood so that people would report seeing Black/Brown kids in the vicinity on the day.

That was the rumor anyway. Pay some kids 150 total...steal thousands of dollars of your neighbor's stuff.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/05/16 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: MusclesMarinara

Why would he need a bodyguard if he wasn't suspicious of something happening to him...

As a guy get older they have a driver who is a body guard besides being a friend just in case even if he carries.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/05/16 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy

LOL. Sorry, Foots. I'm sure if you paid, they'd bring you back some!

My wife reminded me we used to go there once in a while when the kids were young I forgot. I don't remember the pie being that good or I would have remebered.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/05/16 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Back in the days,on at least 3 occasions in the Newark area....dudes from suburbs would drive around looking for young Black and Puerto Rican kids to do moving jobs. It was a pickup truck and the story was they'd pick up 8-10 teens. Drop them off somewhere and have the kids walk about 5 blocks to where the job was to be done.

Didn't realize until later that the kids were being picked to do little jobs for peanuts, but mainly there to be seen by neighbors in the areas where the work was to be done.

They were camouflage. Major home robberies(planned, well executed) of homes were going down by people's own neighbors...and the kids were brought into the neighborhood so that people would report seeing Black/Brown kids in the vicinity on the day.

That was the rumor anyway. Pay some kids 150 total...steal thousands of dollars of your neighbor's stuff.

I know of people using black people to get black people in black neighborhoods because white people would stand out hurting people in a black neighborhoods. Everyone should be able to earn some money. Plus they work for peanuts.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/05/16 10:59 PM

He looks really calm. It's like he doesn't have a care in the world and has done this sort of stuff before.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/06/16 12:00 AM

That is actually pretty smart. uhwhat
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/06/16 12:02 AM

Yeah everyone saying it was a botched robbery and he got scared thats why he didnt take the money...i dont think so after seeing this video. He isn't running or acting wild or strange at all, so I don't think he got spooked.

He was there to kill him.
Posted By: Yonkers

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/06/16 12:54 AM

Maybe that guy wasn't the trigger man . He could've been a spotter or like the guy above says an unknowing participant to throw off the cops. If it was a hit and they weren't stupid they probably spotted the cameras In the neighborhood.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/06/16 01:01 AM

As everyone is saying, lack of a hat-- most likely a New Era fitted and he'd fit right in-- is very weird. Otherwise kid could be Italian-Am too.

It's unclear however if the video is from before or after the hit.

I've still seen zero evidence or even a reasonable suggestion re: robbery. Nothing about that suggestion makes sense unless cops are hoding back on evidence of some struggle.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/06/16 01:30 AM

Yea I mean idk how anyone can think its a robbery if the guy still has the 10k on him? I mean that fact alone would lead one to think it was a mob hit, seeing as countless other hits made guys were whacked and always had their money still on them when it was a hit..I know not ever instance but a high majority of the time...

Still havent heard anyone detail any more of Barbatis Columbo connections? Does anyone think it was the Bonnano family in retaliation for that stupid Pizza sauce beef from 2012?

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/06/16 02:26 AM

Unless im missing something, that video looks like it was BEFORE the shooting, not after.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/06/16 04:30 AM

You are correct and FYI in the article it does state that the video is from before the shooting

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/06/16 01:00 PM

Still surprising how fast they concluded that it was a failed robbery. How would they know? Hmmmm........

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/06/16 03:34 PM

Seen the video the guys clearly white probaly fresh from prison as hes wearing a pair of saggy jorts ala dmx 99. Hit maybe. Jordans. Pair of hater blockers. Any one think hes wearing laytex gloves? Surprised he didnt get cught yet as a tv nerd the first 48 is up and not many leads. Hes probaly in jail on some bullshit charge till they cn get him on murder.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/06/16 04:16 PM

Im still sticking to my robbery thesis.
What kind of person leaves the money after shooting the guy? An idiot !

Also, for the aspiring hitmen on this board, those camera's are another reason why being a hitman is a poor career choice.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/06/16 04:42 PM

I betting every house on that street have them web cams on the porch. Im mean the pics clear anyone thats knows the shooter should recognize the snekers and jorts the haircut and glasses surprised theres not a 10k reward dude would be caught the second that picture leaked. Also if a hit why not kill bim the second he got out the car why wait till he gets to the home. Or stick him up once he got out the car conflicting theorys. The colombos killed the cop rite infront the house speking of which wonder when that cop killer big dino gets sentenced. The feds have been holding that off forever dude flipped 8yrs ago and didnt get 1 conviction for the cops murder but him admitting it. Plus he killed a 5 other people. They sentenced that guy caves to i think 12 yrs. But then that crazy guy in bk killed the 2 cops last summer nd this big dino story disappeared.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/06/16 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
I betting every house on that street have them web cams on the porch. Im mean the pics clear anyone thats knows the shooter should recognize the snekers and jorts the haircut and glasses surprised theres not a 10k reward dude would be caught the second that picture leaked. Also if a hit why not kill bim the second he got out the car why wait till he gets to the home. Or stick him up once he got out the car conflicting theorys. The colombos killed the cop rite infront the house speking of which wonder when that cop killer big dino gets sentenced. The feds have been holding that off forever dude flipped 8yrs ago and didnt get 1 conviction for the cops murder but him admitting it. Plus he killed a 5 other people. They sentenced that guy caves to i think 12 yrs. But then that crazy guy in bk killed the 2 cops last summer nd this big dino story disappeared.

There is a $50K reward for info leading to the suspect.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/06/16 05:42 PM

@Foot and Ted,

yeah it was a smart scheme to use the kids as interference while doing major robbery in the same area.I'd bet money that the guys who planned it would later lead the "these g-damn Black guys" rants after the neighbors returned to a ransacked house.
Cops chalk it up to outsiders and the guy gets away with it.

Gotta respect the plan.

--

About this case, something else doesn't add up. This picture appears to be taken in broad daylight. Even if you factor in that it's light out until 7pm.

What time would the deceased have been bringing home the day's take?

Don't these food places stay open late...especially during the summer?
NY banks have late hours at least once a week,it doesn't add up that one of these "6 times a year hauls" wouldn't be deposited during banking hours.

Are we supposed to assume the guy on camera was staking out the deceased's home for HOURS before the attack for a robbery and then panics and leaves without the money?

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/06/16 07:22 PM

@Foot and Ted,

Are we supposed to assume the guy on camera was staking out the deceased's home for HOURS before the attack for a robbery and then panics and leaves without the money?

Let's follow this...

OK so now according to the video, the shooter in Dyker before the hit.

Presumably there's getaway footage too that hasn't been released or even entirely reviewed.

** IF ** (a huge if) it's a robbery, who tipped the heist / hitman off?

Someone at L&B or staking it out nearby in Gravesend?

Robbery had to have an inside man whereas 'just' a hit that's not necessary.

Chance the shooter did surveillance and beat Barbati home himself = almost zero.

L&B was closed yesterday for the funeral / in memory of Louis btw but open all other days and nights since.
Posted By: Walkner

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/07/16 07:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
Im still sticking to my robbery thesis.
What kind of person leaves the money after shooting the guy? An idiot !

Also, for the aspiring hitmen on this board, those camera's are another reason why being a hitman is a poor career choice.

Or someone who wasn't there for the money in the first place?

I dunno what to think of this story. It seems hard to believe a mob hit would go down like this in 2016.

On the other hand we have a victim with a history of some sort of relationship with the mob. That had indirectly caused conflict with the 2 factions most likely to do a dumb hit like this in the modern age.

I also have a hard time believing that some stickup artist like this would shoot at a guy a minimum of 4-5 times out of panic. Especially shooting him in the back. That doesn't make sense. But shooting someone doesn't make sense to me either.

I just don't know. If I had to lean one way or the other, I'd say he was clipped for a reason. That's why so many shots were fired at him and that's why the money was left at the scene. I also can't fathom how some stickup artist could afford to drive a Lexus.

I do agree that a hitman in NYC, in 2016, seems like a real bad line or work to be in. Cameras everywhere, everythimg is recorded. I feel like you would have to kill people in isolated areas and if they came in person vehicles you would be screwed.
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/07/16 01:23 PM

If he was out there smoking cigarettes prior to the murder, couldnt they get his dna from the butts? Maybe the guy was shipped over from Italy. The way he carries himself, looks like he isnt too worried. Multiple gunshots to make sure hes dead, yet not too professional. A couple to the head rather than a scattered pattern. Mustve been ameture night.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/07/16 02:12 PM

I know one thing its real easy with a little practice to add to or learn how to make a life like silicone or latex masks theses days and if there are any young guys out there with a line of work like that the first thing I would do L is know how to make theses masks .

There are way too many cameras and telephones out there !!!

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/07/16 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: blueracing347
If he was out there smoking cigarettes prior to the murder, couldnt they get his dna from the butts? Maybe the guy was shipped over from Italy. The way he carries himself, looks like he isnt too worried. Multiple gunshots to make sure hes dead, yet not too professional. A couple to the head rather than a scattered pattern. Mustve been ameture night.

But if there is no DNA in their system to match it to, it's worthless unless they find the perp and get a court order for his DNA.

As for the comment about this not being a mob hit since it's 2016, just look to Philly for the hit Nicodemo was in on. Broad daylight in the middle of South Philly and a mailman gives them the tag number and car which they still find at Nicodemo's with the gun inside. We are not always dealing with the "brightest" bulbs in the box here.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/13/16 11:27 PM

Any new updates ?

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/13/16 11:40 PM

My co-workers that live in the neighborhood told me FBI Agents are canvassing the neighborhood as well as NYPD Detectives, take that for what it's worth that the Detectives on the case are not just NYPD Homicide Squad Detectives from whichever precinct that jurisdiction falls under....

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/14/16 01:48 AM

Ohhhh man FBI. I wish I knew what info they had that we don't .
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/14/16 02:26 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JI5gblI82rg

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/14/16 02:46 AM

Ok so the fbi involved its not a robbery. I read this site for years the mob wives guy who killed some one in a robbery in bk there was a colombo guy with him and the whole case was him smoking butts outside of the robbery spot. The dna killed his trial. So no ones doing a robbery smoking butts. Think it was big angs cousin or the guy died. Sc said on page one its a hit guess its a hit. The 50k reward didnt get him thats shocking in my book. But to eliminate the colombos this looks bad for michael persicos sentencing his family wouldnt do him like that. Guy been fighting the sentcing for 5 yrs. Hes gonna pull a tom brady and except his fate.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/14/16 05:29 AM

But robbery never made sense-- again, if it was an intended heist, who was in the inside man at L&B? There's not even been the slightest suggestion of how this could have gone down... I'm not looking for names by any means, just common sense.

I wonder if the cops really thought it was a robbery gone bad or if there was some other reason(s) to suggest that?

That that video has kicked up zilch so far is also interesting; also nothing about the car (presumably stolen but still) or where it went afterwards...

Are the cops chasing their tails, were the hitter(s) smarter than it seems or ???

Also, given the neighborhood and past associations, suspicions naturally lie with the Columbos but maybe it's something / someone else altogether?

Anyone's speculation is as good as mine but what seemed "obvious" a couple weeks ago is anything but now.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/14/16 05:45 AM

But it's just a robbery people! Remember that? Sadly it sounds like this guy's family is going to suffer because it seems the cops have no clue what is going on.
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/15/16 01:43 AM

But it's just a robbery people! Remember that? Sadly it sounds like this guy's family is going to suffer because it seems the cops have no clue what is going on.

I'm sure they know way more than the clueless act that's being reported. How many times have we've seen them hold back info to protect a wire, an informant or an investigation in general?

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/15/16 10:33 AM

Well duh, of course they know more. But nothing so far based on the info released has made this look like a robbery as they reported right away.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/15/16 02:33 PM

like ive mentioned before, I work with a few guys from that neighborhood. I'll try and get some info from them if I can today before I get the hell out of this city and head straight to the shore...

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/15/16 03:32 PM

No new news, neighborhood is still saying it was a hit supposedly

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/21/16 02:22 AM

No one post it but daily said the cops have a suspect and just puting it together with who told him he had the big bag of cash that day. 15k isnt nothing to sneeze at maybe why guy was so gun ho. Is that the old saying. People die over eighth of weed still.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/21/16 07:35 AM

I'm not convinced it was a robbery but maybe that 10-15k wasn't all he had

Crazy broad day shit tho
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/21/16 07:54 AM

Man the robbery thing still doesn't add up to me.. But that's just me. If I was going to run up on a guy with a bag of 15k even if I ended up shooting him dead for whatever reason you better believe I would be leaving with that money. At least get something out of it.. So if it was a robbery they guy went there trying to get money, left a murderer and just as broke as he was before he ran up on the guy...so if the motive wasn't a hit it was beyond amateur hour.. Guy obviously isn't a very skilled stick up man...
Not to mention if you're trying to hit a stain or a score there is so many easier and way less risky ways of getting money than sticking someone up. It's just way too liable to end up horribly wrong- example- murder.. It's 2016... At least do some fucking credit card, check fraud... Card cracking. Just so many better ways to get money that are so fucking easy and when you get caught you're looking at some white guy charges.. Mail and wire fraud.. Plus these days there is so much insane fraud going on that unless you're stealing millions you're not even going to be a bleep on the radar... Trust me on that I can vouch first hand about all of that..

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/21/16 08:25 PM

As i said from day one, im sticking to my robbery thesis.
You guys have to stop thinking the shooter had a high criminal IQ . What doesnt make sense to you makes total sense to a fuckin idiot.
Posted By: southend

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/22/16 07:46 PM

So he had time to squeeze the trigger 5-10x but not just as quickly grab what he supposedly came for if its robbery then what a fuck up
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/22/16 07:51 PM

Mob hit
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/22/16 08:19 PM

Cops going with robbery attempt it looks like

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...ticle-1.2718460

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 07/22/16 10:38 PM

I bet they're listening to their wire taps like crazy right now. Robbery or not the streets have to be talking.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 11/03/16 08:55 PM

There was an arrest today:

http://nypost.com/2016/11/03/man-suspected-of-killing-famed-pizzeria-owner-arrested/

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 11/03/16 09:40 PM

this also, some different info--

http://brooklynreporter.com/story/exclus...-owners-murder/

I'm unclear, if Post is correct, why this would be in Brooklyn federal court; curious what the fed charge(s) will be if so.

Chance this guy, if the shooter, was acting alone: 0.0%, obviouly.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 11/04/16 05:18 PM

Interesting. FBI definitely wants to link this to some sort of Mafia activity.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 11/04/16 05:39 PM

Guys surposed to be in court today. If its a robbery turned homicide its a state 1st degree murder case why are the feds invovled at all? If this guys a mob associate and it was like that guy on staten island were the robbers said they got the order from a genovese capo antico which he was found not guilty and even from what i read that guy didnt order the robbery or his murder. He got like 10yrs for his brothers gambling ring which he got a cutt from he all but admitted in court.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 11/04/16 11:31 PM

I said from day 1 , as soon as this was released that it was a robbery and not a hit. Sure, a mob guy may be behind it but it was no hit, it was a robbery. I said that in my very first post regarding this topic.
If it was a mob type robbery, there are usually more than one guy.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 11/05/16 12:05 AM

ok so john marzulli wrote a good article today he was in the eastern district court hes fucked its feds. if its only a robbery why where laytex gloves amd shoot the guy 5 times. says hes a crack head from sheepshead bay. no one at the pizza place has ever seen him.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 11/05/16 12:06 AM

shot him in the leg and take the shit right? not 5 times think its a hit plus the gloves. the guy was driving a newer acura nic3e cars. i dont know about the crackhead shit.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 11/06/16 06:35 PM

Yea I still don't buy a robbery because from the sounds of it he never even went after the bag, he just came in shooting. You generally don't shoot more than once on someone you plan to rob. I agree pmac

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 11/06/16 07:09 PM

Ya theres a reason the feds took it. Someone maybe hired him. 10k maybe a bitter business rival. Someene wanted him off the earth.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 11/25/16 04:41 PM

bump... how much weirder can this case get? Are the Feds still sweating this guy, or maybe he already flipped, or maybe for all the circumstantial evidence that led to arrest they don't yet have a strong case?

we're going on three weeks and this Andres Fernandez seems to have vanished.

any thoughts?
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 11/25/16 05:02 PM

He went to get the papers, get the papers.

Re: Owner of L&B Spumoni Gardens shot dead - 11/25/16 05:18 PM

Is that a jeru the damaja refernce.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET