Home

Carlo Gambino

Posted By: azguy

Carlo Gambino - 06/19/16 05:02 PM

Is there anyone on the street that even knew him personally ?
Posted By: Terence

Re: Carlo Gambino - 06/21/16 08:49 PM

Carlo has been dead for 40 years now so there are very few people still breathing that he trusted enough to know personally. His eldest son Thomas would be the one person still on this earth who knew him inside and out.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Carlo Gambino - 06/21/16 09:08 PM

Read joe watts did hits for him dam Marino to. All his cousins the cherry hill guys. Probaly alot of guys. How close do you think they were. Guys born in 1940tys even early 50tys.
Posted By: blacksheep

Re: Carlo Gambino - 06/21/16 11:50 PM

There's at least one guy still breathing who knew him a little bit. Not close by any means, but if that one guy is still fairly healthy and coherent, there must be quite a few others
Posted By: Terence

Re: Carlo Gambino - 06/22/16 12:12 AM

@pmac, I have read that about Watts and Marino but I had thought his question was referring to those currently on the street who knew Carlo personally, not those in prison. I agree with a close connection with his cousins (although they are distant cousins) but I thought John was the only one left alive and still in the states. Rosario is in Italy correct? So basically Thomas, John and Rosario would be the top people in my list. In my opinion I don't think there were very many people that he shared intimately personal connections with outside of his own (blood) family, the rest were business.

@blacksheep, Agreed, but not very many that knew him as closely as his own son.

Again I'm thinking "personally", not strictly business. Just my opinion anyway. I would also add Anthony Scotto to that list. He is probably the most influential and widely trusted members from that era in the family who is still alive and not in prison.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Carlo Gambino - 06/22/16 12:13 AM

joe gambino. john and saro's brother
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Carlo Gambino - 06/25/16 06:28 AM

I seriously doubt Danny Marino or Watts knew Carlo personally. That guy would only meet with a select few and almost all of them are dead. The one guy who isn't dead is Anthony Scotto. I'm not sure if Stephen Grammauta is still alive, but he knew Carlo also.
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: Carlo Gambino - 06/30/16 11:36 PM

Joe is around..but ill.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET