Home

To plant the flag in other territories

Posted By: furio_from_naples

To plant the flag in other territories - 06/16/16 03:40 PM

I saw an episode of Hawaii five O where a mobster from New Jersey tries to establish a betting ring in Hawaii. It 's still possible that a made man to plant the flag in a territory that is not los angeles, las vegas, or other areas where operate the Mafia families?
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: To plant the flag in other territories - 06/16/16 03:46 PM

Furio, I think that as long as it's wide open you can plant your flag anywhere.But, if some one or something is on record with a certain family then it's hands off.
Posted By: Kash

Re: To plant the flag in other territories - 06/16/16 08:29 PM

I've never really understood why none of the traditional families never put in a sports book outpost in a southern metropolitan area. The South from GA to TX is college football insane. You can't tell me a book in Atlanta or Austin wouldn't absolutely boom in the fall between CFB and NFL.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: To plant the flag in other territories - 06/16/16 08:38 PM

A lot of my buddies from Jersey who ended up in the Deep South for work, end up using traditional off shore sites like Bovada. They tell me there's no bookies down there like what we grew up with...
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: To plant the flag in other territories - 06/16/16 08:42 PM

NY family bookmaking operations have extended down to Florida and Louisiana in recent years. However, given the mob gambling business model, where payouts and collections are done with cash in person, they need guys on the ground so to speak. And there aren't many Italian mob guys in Alabama or Tennessee.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: To plant the flag in other territories - 06/16/16 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Furio, I think that as long as it's wide open you can plant your flag anywhere.But, if some one or something is on record with a certain family then it's hands off.

Maybe because to put the flag in a zone must had ties with cops and politicians and weren't in the 50s.
Posted By: TheRedZone

Re: To plant the flag in other territories - 06/16/16 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter

Maybe because to put the flag in a zone must had ties with cops and politicians and weren't in the 50s.

That's true, Furio. If I recall well the outfit through Accardo authorized some member or associate to travel down to Dallas in order to establish some sort of a racket(I'd have to flip through the book for specifics), and within days he was rounded up by sheriffs or police and told in no uncertain terms that he wouldn't be allowed here. Reason was that he had been stepping on some toes there who already had established their rackets and had protection and connections politically.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET