Home

Little italy crews?

Posted By: carminezazzi

Little italy crews? - 06/14/16 05:25 AM

Do any families still base themselves out of little italy? i know they probably dont live there but surely someone is extorting the place... dont say it dosnt exist anymore either hahaha.....ive spent a decent amount of time there.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Little italy crews? - 06/14/16 12:32 PM

Little Italy in Manhattan is as Italian as a frozen McCain Elio's pizza in the year 2016!

It's nothing but a tourist trap.....
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Little italy crews? - 06/14/16 01:03 PM

Total tourist trap. Guys still hang there.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Little italy crews? - 06/14/16 03:51 PM

Joey Clams is still on Hester Street.
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Little italy crews? - 06/15/16 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Joey Clams is still on Hester Street.

Oak care to elaborate who/what is joey clams? Is it Umbertos where Joe Gallo got whacked that you're talking about?

But bAck to the OPs initial question anyone have a list of little Italy crews currently active? And for fucks sake Furio please don't post any shitty charts u made off of Wiki..not trying to be a dick but theyre never right and they just derail threads bc then everyone is too busy contradicting your info and we lose the original post so please don't...

Just pure guesswork but id think if there are any theyd be Genovese/ Gambino?

Didnt Jimmy Ida have a crew in little Italy? Did his bro take it over? And is it even still there? How about Joe Butchs old crew they were Little Italy no?
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: Little italy crews? - 06/15/16 02:00 AM

Lmao Do you mean Joey Clams, Joey Scala?

MickeyBalls--That's a scene from Mean Streets https://youtu.be/dM44eaasx0Y
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Little italy crews? - 06/15/16 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
Oak care to elaborate who/what is joey clams? Is it Umbertos where Joe Gallo got whacked that you're talking about?

Joey "Clams" Scala from the movie Mean Streets. lol

I almost had him. Was he shaking, Frankie?

We're not paying, because this guy, this guy's a fukin mook.
What's a mook?

Re: Little italy crews? - 06/15/16 02:01 AM

Jinx NJ
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Little italy crews? - 06/15/16 02:02 AM

You got me by 3 seconds. Lmao

Re: Little italy crews? - 06/15/16 02:05 AM

Ha ha by 3 seconds

Re: Little italy crews? - 06/15/16 04:24 AM

Originally Posted By: njcapo35
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211

Joey "Clams" Scala from the movie Mean Streets. lol

I almost had him. Was he shaking, Frankie?

We're not paying, because this guy, this guy's a fukin mook.
What's a mook?

Lol got me too didn't catch the mean streets reference well done sirs.....

Anyone have any insight on my subsequent questions?

Re: Little italy crews? - 06/15/16 10:12 PM

In connection with my other questions, but is the old Little Al D'Arco crew still based outta Little Italy? Who's taken over that crew?

Also, I don't recall the Columbos ever having had a Little Italy crew? Is that correct?

I apologize in advance as I assume these questions have been asked and answered in the past, but as has been stated before the search function doesnt work well at all

Side note, again, please Furio don't post any fuckin Wiki stuff or your cockamamie charts based on that..not shitting on you but the wiki stuff is never right and creates more problems
Posted By: downtown

Re: Little italy crews? - 06/15/16 10:31 PM

Joe Yak Yacovelli (Columbos) had a crew in Little Italy , used to have his club on the corner of Mott/Kenmare.

Re: Little italy crews? - 06/15/16 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: downtown
Joe Yak Yacovelli (Columbos) had a crew in Little Italy , used to have his club on the corner of Mott/Kenmare.

oh fuck good call downtown, I completely forgot about joe yac...but since hes dead no one since right?
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Little italy crews? - 06/16/16 08:19 AM

In a La Repubblica article is write that the historycal little italy was eaten y chinatown and that arthur avenue in the bronx was the new little italy.
So what is the crews in arthur avenue or in the other little italies like the north end of boston or the federal hill in providence?
Posted By: goldhawkroad

Re: Little italy crews? - 06/17/16 10:13 AM

I was in Little Italy last week on a "mobtour" with a local guy who seemed to be pretty in the know. He pointed out a location right next to Petrosino Square (i think it was on Spring Street) as Al D'Arcos old social club.

Mulberry Street is of course a tourist trap. I think my kids makes a better spagetti bolognese than any of the restaurants there and none of them has yet reached the age of four. But its an interesting place to visit anyway cause of all the history that went down there.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET