Home

Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie

Posted By: GangstersInc

Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 05/18/16 12:22 PM

Sicilian Mafia traitor Tommaso Buscetta’s life story to hit big screen http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/bl...-hit-big-screen
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 05/23/16 02:14 PM

Hope it is in English or else I have to spend 1 1/2 hours reading the movie.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 05/23/16 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Don't worry this kind of movie will be realeased in the english spoken countries.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 05/23/16 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

For me it's totally the opposite, I don't like it when in a historical movie they don't speak the language they did in real life..

Like the movie Valkyrie for instance, Tom Cruise plays a German colonel but speaks English. It's just not realistic enough for me that way, but then again in my country we're used to subtitles, I can imagine when you're not used to it that it can be very annoying..

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 05/23/16 08:57 PM

Billy your thinking is right in movie like the passion were everyone know the story and can avoid to read the subtitles when in a movie like apocalypto read the subtitles was very boring.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 05/23/16 09:03 PM

When they speak their own language with subtitles, it's ok. But it's weird when for example, in some American movies, foreigners speak to each other in English with an accent even when they are alone!
Posted By: British

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 05/23/16 09:21 PM

Surely all the Italian/Americans will be able to understand it, lol!
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 04/19/19 11:34 AM

Watch the trailer - Film detailing life of Mafia snitch Tommaso Buscetta competes for the Palme d'Or at Cannes Film Festival http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profil...fia-snitch-tommaso-buscetta-competes-for
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 04/24/19 01:04 AM

Good casting it seems.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 04/24/19 01:49 AM

he was only a soldier over there. do they even have capos? in sicily. or is it your the boss and you have 100 soldiers?

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 04/24/19 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by pmac
he was only a soldier over there. do they even have capos? in sicily. or is it your the boss and you have 100 soldiers?

No he was ever a lone wolf because had seen what happened in the first mafia war and traveled to brazil for become a drug trafficker. During the second war tried to stay neutral but his 2 sons was victims of the lupara bianca on Corleonesi orders and for this he decided to flip.

Some curiosities: Buscetta was considerated "not reliable" by the old mafiosi because had many women without marry and and had many mistresses and when was in Brazil the word Buscetta means pussy,cut and his wife was
very embarrassed for this and don masino was forced to change his name in buschetta.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 04/24/19 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by pmac

buscetta was a member of porta nuova family (soldier), the ranks are the same of italo-american lcn (boss/underboss/consigliere/capodecina/soldier)
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 04/24/19 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

Some curiosities: Buscetta was considerated "not reliable" by the old mafiosi because had many women without marry and and had many mistresses and when was in Brazil the word Buscetta means pussy,cut and his wife was
very embarrassed for this and don masino was forced to change his name in buschetta.

They all have mistresses lol..

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 05/15/19 10:00 PM

The Sicilian dialect is also spoken in the movie, which is why even the Italian version is partly subtitled.

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 05/25/19 08:18 AM

Mafia turncoat's true story gets star turn at Cannes

https://www.thelocal.it/20190524/true-story-of-mafia-turncoat-cannes
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 05/25/19 09:30 AM

If has a decent cast.

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 05/25/19 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

They all have mistresses lol..

I made a mistake. The old times mobsters in the 1950s blamed Buscetta because (in their mind) a man that married 3 times and was a womanizer wasnt stable and cant trust on him.Of course all this was hypocritical, given that everyone had mistresses but was disliked by who married several times,in fact Buscetta was "sospeso" aka punished because divorced by the fist wife.

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 05/25/19 10:43 PM

Nicola Calì plays Toto Riina.

[Linked Image]

Re: Mafia rat Tommaso Buscetta's life becomes movie - 05/26/19 02:53 PM

The Sony will distribute the movie in USA.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET