Home

New Video Mobster - Dominick Scialo

Posted By: BloodlettersandBadmen

New Video Mobster - Dominick Scialo - 03/30/16 10:42 AM

Dominick Scialo (born July 11, 1927 - murdered 1974) known as "Mimi", was a feared and well respected capo of the Colombo crime family who ruled over Coney Island, controlling gambling, shylocking and other rackets for the Colombo family during the late 1960s until his murder in the mid 1970s. He was known to many as "The King of Coney Island"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R6jNrExXvE
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: New Video Mobster - Dominick Scialo - 03/30/16 07:11 PM

Interesting video. Thnx for sharing.

And sorry to be so petty but the pronunciation of his name is Shee-a- lo but Italians would say it like Shah-lo

For future reference the ---Sci--- in Italian is pronounced as --shee--
Like Joe Pesci , Peh-she

--chi-- is pronounced as --key--
Valachi is pronounced Va-la-key

Luciano is pronounced as Lou-chee-ah-no

And again I'm only trying to help. smile I'm sure others hardly notice but if you're going to do a vid on a guy with an Italian name gotta have the name pronounced right. Even for scumbags lol
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: New Video Mobster - Dominick Scialo - 03/30/16 07:28 PM

This guy had a short fuse..Not surprised he was killed..
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: New Video Mobster - Dominick Scialo - 03/31/16 01:09 AM

Great to see some of the side stories of the big picture.

Keep em comin

Thanks
Posted By: BloodlettersandBadmen

Re: New Video Mobster - Dominick Scialo - 03/31/16 11:29 AM

If you only knew how many folks come out of the wood work everyday telling me contradictory things of how to pronounce Italian names you would scream.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: New Video Mobster - Dominick Scialo - 03/31/16 04:56 PM

Great video once again B&B!!

I always think of Joey Cantalupo when I hear of Mimi, great storyteller..
Posted By: dsd

Re: New Video Mobster - Dominick Scialo - 03/31/16 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Is Joey Cantalupo the guy in the CRIME Inc. documentary? If yeah, he tells my favourite bit in mob docs.

Holds up photo. " this guys a 300 pound gorilla but he got diarrhoea in his pants when this 100 pound 80 year old was upset with him. " holds up photo of funzi tieri

====≠=============≠=====≠====≠==≠===

MIMI Scialo his name comes up quite a bit whenever " old " days are written about. Meant to have been a heavy drinker who ran his mouth off when drunk. Bad mouthed CARLO G and paid the price.

Interesting , never think of ITALIANS or ITALIAN AMERICANS as culture of heavy drinkers and all the obnoxious behaviour that comes with it.
Posted By: British

Re: New Video Mobster - Dominick Scialo - 04/01/16 09:31 AM

What happened to Cantalupo ?
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: New Video Mobster - Dominick Scialo - 04/01/16 02:01 PM

Quote:
Interesting , never think of ITALIANS or ITALIAN AMERICANS as culture of heavy drinkers and all the obnoxious behaviour that comes with it

Dsd you british along with the irish had the fame or the same of being heavy drinkers, but in UK and Irland there are no abstemious people ?

Same things here,only because several mobsters was/are heavy drinkers doesn't seems that italian culture is " una cultura di ubriaconi" (a heavy drinkers culture).

Re: New Video Mobster - Dominick Scialo - 04/01/16 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: British

In 1978 after 6 y he vanished in the witsec. Write a book in the 1986, I dont find info on him but should be alive in his 70s 'cause dont find obituaries.
Posted By: British

Re: New Video Mobster - Dominick Scialo - 04/02/16 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Originally Posted By: British

In 1978 after 6 y he vanished in the witsec. Write a book in the 1986, I dont find info on him but should be alive in his 70s 'cause dont find obituaries.

Cheers Furio
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: New Video Mobster - Dominick Scialo - 04/02/16 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: dsd

Is Joey Cantalupo the guy in the CRIME Inc. documentary? If yeah, he tells my favourite bit in mob docs.

Holds up photo. " this guys a 300 pound gorilla but he got diarrhoea in his pants when this 100 pound 80 year old was upset with him. " holds up photo of funzi tieri

MIMI Scialo his name comes up quite a bit whenever " old " days are written about. Meant to have been a heavy drinker who ran his mouth off when drunk. Bad mouthed CARLO G and paid the price.

Interesting , never think of ITALIANS or ITALIAN AMERICANS as culture of heavy drinkers and all the obnoxious behaviour that comes with it.

Did you not watch Goodfellas or Raging Bull?

Pesci and De Niro's characters are people you would like to be around after they've had a few drinks?!

Re: New Video Mobster - Dominick Scialo - 04/02/16 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted By: dsd

Did you not watch Goodfellas or Raging Bull?

Pesci and De Niro's characters are people you would like to be around after they've had a few drinks?!

The real jack lamotta was a beast even when was sober he beaten up his brother for jealosy and beaten up his wife until he aborted . De Simone from goodfellas was a fucking criminal not a man with hung around.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET