Home

Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year

Posted By: MrWilliams

Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/29/16 05:30 PM

CHICAGO — Late at night this month, the pastor’s phone beeped with a text message from an anguished parishioner. Andre Taylor, the church member’s great-nephew, had been shot and killed.

“Dre had just turned 16,” the message to the pastor, the Rev. Ira Acree, read. “I think that it’s time to call for action and solicit help, have the National Guard to take over and patrol the Chicago streets.”

Four days earlier, he had received another text. A different parishioner’s granddaughter, Daysha Wright, a 21-year-old nursing student, had been shot to death in a car, leaving a 2-year-old son.

At his desk at Greater St. John Bible Church, Mr. Acree said he was bracing for the coming months. “Unless something radical takes place, it’s going to be a blood bath this summer,” he said.

Chicago has long been troubled by violence, but homicides and shootings have risen sharply this year. Violent crime remains below the levels of two decades ago, and criminologists caution against finding trends in only a few months of data. But City Hall, the police and community leaders are alarmed by the surge: As of Friday, 131 people had been killed here in the first months of 2016, an 84 percent rise in homicides from the same period in 2015. There had been 605 shootings, nearly twice as many as at this point last year.

The increase could hardly have come at a more difficult time. The city is at a pivotal moment for law enforcement, mired in a crisis over police conduct and discipline and over distrust of officers, particularly among African-American residents, who make up about one-third of Chicago’s population.

The Justice Department is scrutinizing the patterns and practices of the city’s police force; the mayor on Monday named an interim police superintendent to replace the department’s fired leader; and voters have rejected Cook County’s top prosecutor, defeating her in a primary on March 15. The release in November of a police video that showed a white officer shooting a black teenager, Laquan McDonald, 16 times caused longstanding anger about police conduct to boil over.

And Mayor Rahm Emanuel faces enormous challenges: tamping down a flood of crime while simultaneously repairing frayed relations with the people who live here, as well as addressing low morale among officers.

“Trying to rebuild and do all of that at the same time, when violence is going up, creates all kinds of additional struggles and issues,” said Kim Foxx, who defeated a two-term incumbent in the Democratic primary to be the next Cook County state’s attorney in a race that revolved around the McDonald case.

Weekends and summer nights have often presented the most danger here, but these days shootings feel constant. On March 14, three police officers were shot and wounded in an exchange of gunfire that left a suspect dead. The next day, three people were killed in a single hour. The next, people inside two cars were reported shooting at one another along Lake Shore Drive.

“I’m really tired of it, and tired of worrying,” said Gloria Johnson, 37, who serves food at a restaurant in Austin, a neighborhood where the authorities say violence has been particularly harsh. Like other parts of the West Side, Austin has long wrestled with economic distress, gangs and crime, and Ms. Johnson bears a long scar on her elbow from a bullet fired about a decade ago. “But it seems like this year is just the worst of the worst,” she said.

The police say much of the violence in this city of about 2.7 million people is tied to gangs, which have become disorganized and have splintered into more factions. While shootings along Lake Shore Drive and near a W Hotel not far from Chicago’s Gold Coast have drawn notice, most of those dying are young men on the South and West Sides, the police say.

Back-and-forth acts of violence between groups, often using guns, are common. And the authorities say threats are increasingly delivered through social media (a notion some officers here have begun referring to as “cyberbanging”), perhaps speeding up the pace of retaliation.

A long-running dispute between gang factions, the authorities say, was at play in November, when Tyshawn Lee, a 9-year-old fourth grader, was lured from a South Side park where he was playing basketball into an alley where he was fatally shot, execution-style. This month, in what the authorities believe was a continuation of the fight, three more people were shot and wounded, and Tyshawn’s father, Pierre Stokes, was charged.

Few agree on why bloodshed has surged so far this year. Some experts point to relatively mild winter weather, while others note that Chicago has had ups and downs over many years, including an uptick in 2012, when more than 500 criminal homicides were reported. They point out that the numbers in recent years have been below those in the early 1990s, when more than 900 homicides were reported some years. And the police say the rate of homicides has slowed some in March compared with earlier in the year.

“Trying to read too much into this is a grave mistake,” said Craig B. Futterman, a clinical professor of law at the University of Chicago. “We’re all just guessing.”

Some officers and residents said they believed that since the McDonald case — and other police shootings that have drawn attention nationwide — Chicago officers may have “backed off,” though others rejected that as an explanation for a rise in violence.

Since January, officers have recorded 20,908 instances in which they stopped, patted down and questioned people for suspicious behavior, compared with 157,346 in the same period last year. Gun seizures are also down: 1,316 guns have been taken off the streets this year compared with 1,413 at this time last year.

In an unusual video address meant to reassure Chicago officers, John J. Escalante, who had been the interim superintendent, told them, “We are aware that there’s a concern among the rank and file about not wanting to be the next YouTube video that goes viral.”

Dean Angelo Sr., the president of the local police union, said public scrutiny had an effect on officers. “They’re being videotaped at every traffic stop,” he said.

But the drop in street stops by the police could be tied to a departmental change that took effect in January, requiring officers to fill out a far more detailed form for each one. The change was imposed after the American Civil Liberties Union raised questions about whether officers were targeting minorities in their stops. The department recently simplified the required paperwork, and the number of stops has since been on the rise, officials say.

Mr. Escalante said in an interview that the department “can’t rely on what we’ve been doing, and we’ve got to start looking at things we can do.”

He said changes had been made, including dispatching 100 new sergeants to the city’s 22 police districts to oversee officers. He also said that he intended to intensify a program in which gang members are urged to end criminal behavior and are offered social services, and another that holds meetings with families of people on the department’s Strategic Subjects List, a database ranking hundreds of people deemed most likely to be victims or perpetrators of shootings.

But Mr. Escalante learned this month that he was not in the running to become the permanent superintendent of the department, and three recommended finalists learned over the weekend that they would not get the job, either. The city has gone months waiting for a permanent replacement for Garry F. McCarthy, the superintendent who was fired after the release of the McDonald video, and while Mr. Emanuel announced that he had chosen Eddie Johnson, a longtime member of Chicago’s force, as the new interim leader, the department’s long-term approach remains uncertain.

In a statement, Adam Collins, a spokesman for Mr. Emanuel, said, “The task before us, and focal point of our efforts, is to rebuild that trust while continuing to expand our crime-fighting strategy and invest in proven prevention programming.”

Some are skeptical. “Right now, there’s no strategy,” said the Rev. Corey Brooks, a minister on the South Side. “Or if there is a strategy, whatever it is, it’s not working.”

At his desk, Mr. Acree, the pastor at Greater St. John, flinches slightly when his cellphone chirps with new text messages.

The police said Friday that they had made no arrests related to the deaths of the family members he has been trying to counsel. The authorities said a replica gun, drugs and money were found at the scene where Mr. Taylor was shot. They said Ms. Wright was apparently not the intended target of the shooting that killed her while she was the passenger in a car.

All of it, the pastor said, had left him with few words. “I make sure they know I will walk with them through this,” he said. “But there’s nothing much I can say. You don’t want to just try to calm people down because you don’t want to give a false sense of security.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/29/us/vio...es-on.html?_r=0
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/29/16 07:00 PM

And the relationship to Organized crime is...?
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/29/16 07:48 PM

The obvious connection to Organized Crime is the fact that the street gangs are the likely cause.
Posted By: MrWilliams

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/29/16 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
The obvious connection to Organized Crime is the fact that the street gangs are the likely cause.

Exactly, and why I posted this article.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/29/16 08:59 PM

I'd love to see what that number would be if young black males weren't part of the equation.
Posted By: JJChicago

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/29/16 11:25 PM

Go to heyjackass.com. They have all the statistics. 71.9% are black
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 12:38 AM

@MrWilliams

You should of place this in the Chicago Street Talk section.

@Ralph

Regardless if you remove the them from the equation Chicago still will be averaging about 200+/- a year. It's rooted in gang violence since the bootlegg era.

@JJchicago

Heyjackass have incorrect data too ( not all but a few).

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 09:21 AM

Originally Posted By: BlackFamily

@Ralph

Regardless if you remove the them from the equation Chicago still will be averaging about 200+/- a year. It's rooted in gang violence since the bootlegg era.

@JJchicago

I just double checked the data and the data is correct. You can also check the data from the Chicago Police Department. Over 70% of those who were convicted of murder in the past year and the years before were black. Over 70%!!! About 25% were hispanic and less than 4% white lol. Young black men make up about 3% of the entire population in the United States, and yet according to the Department of Justice they're responsible for more than 50% of all murders committed. That is INSANE. You can't argue the numbers and you certainly can't blame poverty.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 05:32 PM

Note: I said a few of their data (Heyjackass) is incorrect , another site I can't recall at the moment pointed it out.

1. Don't forget that stats change from year to year and also who's runner up ( and at times first place) in those murders.

2. I can discuss those numbers and Poverty is one of the pillars behind the general crimes. Hence why their so much focus on hustling.

3. I find it Insane that your complacent about murders amongst your own ethnicity.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

@Ralph

@JJchicago

I just double checked the data and the data is correct. You can also check the data from the Chicago Police Department. Over 70% of those who were convicted of murder in the past year and the years before were black. Over 70%!!! About 25% were hispanic and less than 4% white lol. Young black men make up about 3% of the entire population in the United States, and yet according to the Department of Justice they're responsible for more than 50% of all murders committed. That is INSANE. You can't argue the numbers and you certainly can't blame poverty.

1. The United States population is irrelevant.
2. Chicago is the most segregated city in the country.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy

@Ralph

@JJchicago

1. The United States population is irrelevant.
2. Chicago is the most segregated city in the country.

1. Why is it irrelevant? I'd love to hear this one.
2. And? How is segregation responsible for some thug committing murder?

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 06:39 PM

2. I can discuss those numbers and Poverty is one of the pillars behind the general crimes. Hence why their so much focus on hustling.

Did you know there are far more poor white people in America than black? Yet, they don't commit nearly as many murders per capita. It's not even close!!! Black people are INSANELY more likely to commit murder than whites.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 06:43 PM

What are you getting at?

Black people are naturally inferior to white people?

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 06:55 PM

What are you getting at?

Black people are naturally inferior to white people?

I wouldn't say inferior, but there's obviously something very wrong with the African American community. For example, a large part of their culture is a disgrace. They idolize musicians who sing and rap about committing murder, disrespecting women, selling drugs and owning flashy cars and jewelry. None of this material has any redeeming value.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 07:26 PM

White people love hip-hop, for one.

Maybe if more blacks grew up in Beverly Hills, and not inner city South Side Chicago, they wouldn't have that problem.
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: MrWilliams
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

Exactly, and why I posted this article.

Your Assuming..Far from organized crime..

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 07:46 PM

lol And yet they don't go out and live like they do in the lyrics. Why do you think that is? There's plenty of poor white hip-hop fans out there. Why ain't they killing more people? That culture doesn't come from white people my friend. It's only entertainment to us. Like a good movie.

Maybe if more blacks grew up in Beverly Hills, and not inner city South Side Chicago, they wouldn't have that problem.

Here we go again, blaming poverty. How about taking responsibility for your actions and stop blaming poverty? The stats haven't changed. There's still far more poor white people than poor black people and poor black people kill WAY MORE than poor whites per capita. You wanna continue debating this?

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 08:05 PM

No. This isn't even a debate. It's fucking stupid, is what it is.

believe what you want.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 08:15 PM

No. This isn't even a debate. It's fucking stupid, is what it is.

believe what you want.

I believe the numbers. The numbers don't lie and if they tell us anything, it's that there's something seriously wrong with the black community. This shouldn't even be a discussion. We should be trying to solve this problem, instead of denying actual facts and playing the victim card, blaming poverty, blaming whitey. You think Morgan Freeman got where he got by playing the victim? What about Obama? Young black men can be anything they want if they are willing to work hard.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 08:34 PM

@ Beenaround
Your unaware of the full scope or perhaps the microscopes.

@Mightyhealthy
Your opinion is unhealthy and inferior. Improvements is needed..
@ Ralphie
Don't always believe numbers, even they lie too. Some reports or under/over/ not but everything isn't absolute. I've been studying these stats about my people a long time and already aware of more whites are poorer. Your paying attention to rates but not count. Thousands of blacks die by other blacks per year and Thousands of white die by whites per year. Fact

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 10:15 PM

What is inferior about my opinion
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 10:41 PM

lol And yet they don't go out and live like they do in the lyrics. Why do you think that is? There's plenty of poor white hip-hop fans out there. Why ain't they killing more people? That culture doesn't come from white people my friend. It's only entertainment to us. Like a good movie.

Here we go again, blaming poverty. How about taking responsibility for your actions and stop blaming poverty? The stats haven't changed. There's still far more poor white people than poor black people and poor black people kill WAY MORE than poor whites per capita. You wanna continue debating this?

it's a global fact that impoverished towns/cities have higher crime rates

people turn to crime as a way to make ends meet (sometimes)

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/30/16 11:49 PM

@MightyUnhealthy

Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and others inferior are discredit and vanquish forever.

Peace.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/31/16 12:00 AM

Blackfamily,

You completely misunderstand what i was saying. I was asking a question to ralphie. That's NOT what i believe, at all.
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/31/16 01:18 AM

This is an example of why I hate to talk to suburban ass people about the streets.

@Ralphie

You were just in a fuckin thread talking about "How fascinating" it was to hear about guys who have been to prison. Yet hear you are bashing the lifestyle that you are clearly infatuated with. And why the fuck do you even care? From Beverly Hills? None of the shit you talk (rather whine) about even affects you at all. And you don't know shit about Chicago or the politics. Or the mob, actually, I have yet to see you make ONE informative post. You just on that fanboy nonsense, funny how no one calls you out though....

You could talk to people like this till you are blue in the face, about the policies behind narcotics trafficking and the politics. You could talk about systemic police corruption, privatized prisons and the links to the judicial system.
I would never look at a Mexican and be like " Damn, your country is fucked, all that narcotics trafficking and violence, why don't y'all get it together" , cause I know it's more complicated then that.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/31/16 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
This is an example of why I hate to talk to suburban ass people about the streets.

@Ralphie

You were just in a fuckin thread talking about "How fascinating" it was to hear about guys who have been to prison. Yet hear you are bashing the lifestyle that you are clearly infatuated with. And why the fuck do you even care? From Beverly Hills? None of the shit you talk (rather whine) about even affects you at all. And you don't know shit about Chicago or the politics. Or the mob, actually, I have yet to see you make ONE informative post. You just on that fanboy nonsense, funny how no one calls you out though....

You could talk to people like this till you are blue in the face, about the policies behind narcotics trafficking and the politics. You could talk about systemic police corruption, privatized prisons and the links to the judicial system.
I would never look at a Mexican and be like " Damn, your country is fucked, all that narcotics trafficking and violence, why don't y'all get it together" , cause I know it's more complicated then that.

lol I don't know shit about the mob? That's hilarious coming from somebody who has no idea who I am. I can't have an opinion because I don't live in the ghetto like you? Unlike you, I actually went to college and graduated, and made something of myself. My grandfather was born and raised in the poorest of poorest circumstances in the Bronx, and neither he or his nine siblings turned to crime. They all made something of themselves. What are you doing with your life?

And no, I'm no fanboy. I find bums entertaining. I find you entertaining.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/31/16 01:41 AM

@ Mightyhealthy
I apologize and didnt re-read the text. I was at work and got caught up with that character.

@ CabriniGreen

+ 2,700,000

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/31/16 01:54 AM

@The retard Ralphie

Dude there are lawyers, working professionals, property owners, all kind of upstanding people on this site, and I count myself amongst them. Don't hit me with that college shit when you are on a site about crime, REAL LIFE CRIME at that. Again, I see people like you and question why the fuck you even replied in the thread. It's like the guy that got all EMOTIONAL cause someone asked about a gang vs the mob. The underlying animosity is obvious, otherwise why would one even respond.

And I don't have to know who you are to know you know NOTHING ABOUT CRIME IN GENERAL, it's fuckin obvious. I like how you sidestepped the prison question, what did you find so FASCINATING about an Italian guy getting locked up that is so repulsive to you if it's a black person. Man, matter of fact just shut the fuck up, you should just read and be happy you can live vicariously to bring some excitement to your boring ass life.

And for the record, I've had disagreements with guys like Ivey, (who I do actually like) who's from Utah, yet I never pulled that card with him cause he obviously knows his shit. I've yet to see you post any fuckin thing worth reading yet... I'll wait....

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/31/16 02:05 AM

@The retard Ralphie

Dude there are lawyers, working professionals, property owners, all kind of upstanding people on this site, and I count myself amongst them. Don't hit me with that college shit when you are on a site about crime, REAL LIFE CRIME at that. Again, I see people like you and question why the fuck you even replied in the thread. It's like the guy that got all EMOTIONAL cause someone asked about a gang vs the mob. The underlying animosity is obvious, otherwise why would one even respond.

And I don't have to know who you are to know you know NOTHING ABOUT CRIME IN GENERAL, it's fuckin obvious. I like how you sidestepped the prison question, what did you find so FASCINATING about an Italian guy getting locked up that is so repulsive to you if it's a black person. Man, matter of fact just shut the fuck up, you should just read and be happy you can live vicariously to bring some excitement to your boring ass life.

And for the record, I've had disagreements with guys like Ivey, (who I do actually like) who's from Utah, yet I never pulled that card with him cause he obviously knows his shit. I've yet to see you post any fuckin thing worth reading yet... I'll wait....

Awwww I hurt your feelings. You're black right? Hey, I'm sorry. Life isn't always fair my friend. I love how a black guy is claiming to know what it's like to be white and Italian lol. Guess what motherfucker..I'm Italian American!!..with family in the Bronx, Westchester and Staten Island. Yeah I'm born and raised in luxury, you're right about that, but my family has roots all over. Me finding incarceration fascinating is pretty normal..especially if you're born and raised in a $20 million mansion in Beverly Hills.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/31/16 02:06 AM

Ooh and for the record, IM one of the ones guys like you are always whining about. Like," Why can't they go to school, or not sell drugs, or hold a job", yada, ya da...

It fit every cliche you can name, yet if you met me in person you would NEVER BE ABLE TO TELL. Cause that's how MEN carry themselves, did you really bring up your goddamn GRANDFATHER? I grew up IN A CRIME FAMILY, yet was still smart enough to get skipped two grades.
Lol... Dude stop it, and answer the fuckin question, why were you fascinated by PRISON, MR COLLEGE GRADUATE? Why weren't you in that thread bashing those guys for living a street life? ( and turning their life around, I might add) Cause they were Italian? Lame as hell.....
Dude if we were in classroom, I would mop the floor with you, and I suspect if you were in the streets you would be a pussy there too...

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/31/16 02:09 AM

Ooh and for the record, IM one of the ones guys like you are always whining about. Like," Why can't they go to school, or not sell drugs, or hold a job", yada, ya da...

It fit every cliche you can name, yet if you met me in person you would NEVER BE ABLE TO TELL. Cause that's how MEN carry themselves, did you really bring up your goddamn GRANDFATHER? I grew up IN A CRIME FAMILY, yet was still smart enough to get skipped two grades.
.. Dude stop it, and answer the fuckin question, why were you fascinated by PRISON, MR COLLEGE GRADUATE? Why weren't you in that thread bashing those guys for living a street life? ( and turning their life around, I might add) Cause they were Italian? Lame as hell.....
Dude if we were in classroom, I would mop the floor with you, and I suspect if you were in the streets you would be a pussy there too...

You grew up in a crime family? lol lol lol lol lol

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/31/16 02:14 AM

Dude you just made my point.
College educated grew up in a 20 million mansion?

Please tell me you are trying to write a book or something? You got all that money and you are THIS bored? To go on an organized crime website and discuss a lifestyle you know nothing about or respect at all?

Like you tell me what is YOUR PROBLEM? People have already commented you are annoying as fuck, so don't think it's just me.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/31/16 02:21 AM

You are too stupid to understand what a crime family is. Your feeble brain thinks it's burning saints, and Italian surnames.

There are crime families of all ethnicities. Mexican crime families, what would you call the Ochoas? A crime family. Gottis family? A crime family. Gambinos? Crime family. Flenory or Flores brothers? Crime family. Naples and Calabrian clans? Crime families, in the purest sense. A family of criminals adhering to an outlaw culture. Stop watching so much Sopranos and READ A GODDAMN BOOK MR COLLEGE GRADUATE WITH THE TRUST FUND lol

Okay I'm done replying to your troll ass nonsense, you got nothing to say, which is ironic, cause in that Mancuso thread you said there was too much bullshit on the site.
Funny to see you add to it....

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/31/16 02:30 AM

I think it's time to cool down. We're here to discuss OC. I'm not about to behave like an animal because of a disagreement.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/31/16 03:09 AM

Good lord man, then why heat up in the first place? Lol Agreed....

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/31/16 03:30 AM

@CabriniGreen

Just kick back brother. There's a saying down here for him: Bless His Little Heart .
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 03/31/16 03:51 AM

How about looking at the topic from a different angle? We've got a lot of intelligent people in this thread and discussed the problem, so how about this: Let's say you were in a position to make changes in Chicago to turn the city's crime rate around, what would you recommend?

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/01/16 08:02 PM

Since no one have answered your question. This is difficult to answer since I'm not from the Chi.

Create a task force to root out more corruption within the political system and law enforcement. Gather intel on the current conflicts between street organizations within high crime districts and analyze the root cause of the rivalry; Business , Domestic, or Both. Ban all active gang members from using social media networks to antogonize rivals ( Yeah i know wishful thinking) Afterwards reach out to the families and community groups to discuss and introduce a neighborhood alert network for each district. It will be a combination of twitter & information gathering in case rumors or word of mouth of ambushes/retaliations. Invest in the low income areas to increase employment or community outlets. That's all I could think of for now.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/01/16 08:38 PM

@BlackFamily

Thanks for playing. You have some good suggestions, but the social networks ban could be a civil liberties issue that won't go anywhere. Plus, they are private businesses. Anyway, like ISIS, once the government catches on they switch to some encrypted social media app.

Here's mine (not in any order):
1.) Apply RICO Act to violent gangsters and whole gangs and put them away with long sentences.
2.) Organize a DEPUTIZED and armed neighborhood watch-style group that only includes law-abiding people who work in the community to patrol the streets, communicate, make citizen's arrests, and monitor.
3.) Bring in rappers and other celebrities who are anti-gang to speak in schools.
4.) "Create a task force to root out more corruption within the political system and law enforcement." Would add that this include state and federal people on it.
5.) Legalize and tax and regulate illicit drugs.
6.) Increase sentencing for violent crimes. If someone intentionally injures someone else and the victim suffers loss of limb or permanent severe damage, the penalty will be no less than 20 years before parole and restitution. If someone intentionally murders someone else, then the penalty is life without parole.
7.) Create legislation that encourages fathers to stay in the home with their families. Teach "fair fighting" and mutual respect and other techniques starting in middle school.
8.) After the crime rate has significantly gone down and safety increased, create enterprise zones in the community.
9.) Push vocational training in schools to provide options for those who choose not to go to college or those who want to hold off going to college.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/01/16 09:23 PM

Ralphie,

Did you imply because you have family in Westchester you are somehow connected to the streets? LOL.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/01/16 09:52 PM

Faithful1

The social media is a headache but it's helping L.E ( law enforcement) to keep track of the gangs due to juvenile tendencies.

1. The state legislative passed their own street gang style Rico and used it on the New Life branch of the Black Souls , Imperial Insane Vice Lords and I think the Hobos (GD & BD clique). Albeit this version have a expiration date and I don't understand why they're not utilizing the federal base Rico instead. Regardless, most of the gangs have plentiful membership and it will take time to weaken them.

2. , 4., & 9.Agreed

3. This have been done for MANY years ( decades) and will continue onwards. Lupe Fiasco's Mural Foundation , Common, D Rose, retired gang members , community groups continue to aide in the anti-gang/180• degrees approach.

5. I disagree but understand your aiming the gangs, cartels, racketeers/syndicates main source of income and decreasing drug addicts committing crimes to fuel their habit. Problem is that within the underworld it just switches to the next commodity and violent crimes will drop somewhat to 40-50s rate, Gangs membership would shrink down somewhat but will be engage more deeply in the 2nd most lucrative activity ( plus others).

6. I could agree to some degree with possible lee ways for those under the influence. This may lead back to overcrowding of the prison system .

8. What would you consider a "manageable" base of crimes?

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 09:29 AM

Ralphie,

Did you imply because you have family in Westchester you are somehow connected to the streets? LOL.

Most of my relatives comes from the Bronx, but if you know anything about Italian American organized crime in NY then you should know a thing or two about Westchester. I have nothing to do with the streets. I grew up in a mansion in Beverly Hills, had my first Ferrari when I was 16. I'm the last guy who needs the streets lol.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 11:19 AM

@Ralphie

You know what? You just went from real annoying to a little bit interesting.
Let me ask you, you say you don't need the street, didn't grow up around the street, yet you feel compelled to post on an OC website.

You said there was something wrong with African American culture, the fucked part of that thinking is its AMERICAN CULTURE that's corrupted.

InJohn Roberts book, American Desparado, he talks about being at a Miami Heat game I think, and they put him on the fuckin Jumbotron or whatever like " And here is Americas original cocaine cowboy!" Or some shit, at a live sporting event, doesn't that speak VOLUMES about the morals here?
I find this interesting because you, admittedly didn't grow up around this stuff, have some kind of fascination with it. Why? I can't tell you how many rich kids I know that seem to get off just " acting black". I can never understand it, I know black " niggas" , white, Asian, Hispanic, Indian.... I've had PRE-MED students come up to me like " You heard that Meek Mill?" And these kids won't even go past Rooosevelt (south) or anywhere on the west side. It baffles me everytime I see a rich, or even middle class kid, not from the streets, really not respecting the streets, but fascinated by it. WHY?

Like a person that grows up around this shit sees it as somewhat normal, but you know better, so you tell me honestly, WHATS THE FASCINATION?

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 11:38 AM

I live in westchesrer now which happens to be one of the richest places in the country.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 03:24 PM

The idea that having family in west Chester gives you some insight to the mafia is laughable... Play your role.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 03:52 PM

I am SHOCKED that this thread took the turn it did.

With that said, great insight from BlackFamily and Faithful, as usual.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 03:52 PM

Like a person that grows up around this shit sees it as somewhat normal, but you know better, so you tell me honestly, WHATS THE FASCINATION?

You've ever gone to the zoo? I find those animals fascinating. The way they behave, how primitive they are and how they can't do shit about it. I feel the same exact way about the streets. How anyone can snuff the life out of another human being without even breaking a sweat is something I'll never understand. I wasn't raised by animals. I come from a good family. The fact that this type of behavior is normal to you is both troubling and yes, fascinating. Why is that strange to you? I find that even more fascinating.

p.s.
I like how you admitted to me that you or your people don't know better lol.
Posted By: gangstereport

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 03:59 PM

The idea that having family in west Chester gives you some insight to the mafia is laughable... Play your role.

+1

what he said was one of the worst posts i have seen on this site embarrassing

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 04:06 PM

So if a person has relatives who may be connected to that life in some way or another then that means nothing? lol. You're funny. Are you Italian American?

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 04:09 PM

So if a person has relatives who may be connected to that life in some way or another then that means nothing? lol. You're funny. Are you Italian American?

your claiming your relatives are in the life now? lol because every Italian living in Westchester is connected to the mob lol

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: gangstereport

your claiming your relatives are in the life now? lol because every Italian living in Westchester is connected to the mob lol

Huh? I never said I had relatives in the life. You sound like somebody who has never met an Italian American.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 04:27 PM

By the way Cabrini, I love Meek Mill. I think he's a phenomenal artist.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 04:41 PM

Huh? I never said I had relatives in the life. You sound like somebody who has never met an Italian American.

I am half Italien and half Spanish my mother being Italien btw I don't need to explain myself to you your just a arrogrant [BadWord] easy to judge other people when your living in a fucking manison in Beverly hills never have to work for anything never have any problems maybe you think about that before judging other people but then again your like a lot rich people (not all) arrogant

I am not going to argue with you because I have better things to do than to argue with someone on a internet forum but you have destroyed this thread with your bullshit

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 04:52 PM

I am half Italien and half Spanish my mother being Italien btw I don't need to explain myself to you your just a arrogrant [BadWord] easy to judge other people when your living in a fucking manison in Beverly hills never have to work for anything

I am not going to argue with you because I have better things to do than to argue with someone on a internet forum but you have destroyed this thread with your bullshit

There's no reason to get personal and resort to name calling. That was so unnecessary. I've always had respect for you. Why sink this low? Is it really just because I live in a mansion and never had to work for anything? Why not just be happy for me? I would be happy for you.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 05:33 PM

I am half Italien and half Spanish my mother being Italien btw I don't need to explain myself to you your just a arrogrant [BadWord] easy to judge other people when your living in a fucking manison in Beverly hills never have to work for anything

There's no reason to get personal and resort to name calling. That was so unnecessary. I've always had respect for you. Why sink this low? Is it really just because I live in a mansion and never had to work for anything? Why not just be happy for me? I would be happy for you.

So u can disrespect a whole race but he can't get personal with u?

Sounds like a person that feels intitled

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty

So u can disrespect a whole race but he can't get personal with u?

Sounds like a person that feels intitled

I never disrespected a whole race. My best friend is African American. There is a difference between saying, 'blacks are more likely to commit murder than any other race in America' (something I said and is factually accurate), and saying 'all blacks are animals' (something I've never said!). Murderers are animals and the color of your skin means NOTHING to me.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 07:25 PM

I've lived in the Tri-State my entire life. CT, Manhattan, Westchester -- my girlfriend, who is Italian, is from Jersey. How the fuck do you think it would be possible I'd never meet an Italian American?

You're a racist and your posts are nonsensical.

You imply you have relatives that are connected, then you deny it when someone calls you out. The entire premise -- that you have relatives from the richest county in the northeast which gives you some kind of insight into the street life -- is laughable on its face. You'll probably reply saying "I never said that!" but the insinuation was clear. I'm sure you'd prefer it to be left alone so you can be vague and let people think you have some kind of firsthand knowledge, but fuck that.

The idea that you'd ask me if I've ever met an Italian-American -- when I told you I live in Westchester now -- is so remarkably stupid that I doubt anything you say. Because if you really have "roots" in this area, you'd know it would be basically impossible to not know any Italians. It seems like half the people I know have Italian heritage. The rest are Irish.

Done with this topic, unless you say something so offensively stupid again I feel compelled to return. I suppose there is a high chance of that happening.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 07:48 PM

I've lived in the Tri-State my entire life. CT, Manhattan, Westchester -- my girlfriend, who is Italian, is from Jersey. How the fuck do you think it would be possible I'd never meet an Italian American?

You're a racist and your posts are nonsensical.

You imply you have relatives that are connected, then you deny it when someone calls you out. The entire premise -- that you have relatives from the richest county in the northeast which gives you some kind of insight into the street life -- is laughable on its face. You'll probably reply saying "I never said that!" but the insinuation was clear. I'm sure you'd prefer it to be left alone so you can be vague and let people think you have some kind of firsthand knowledge, but fuck that.

The idea that you'd ask me if I've ever met an Italian-American -- when I told you I live in Westchester now -- is so remarkably stupid that I doubt anything you say. Because if you really have "roots" in this area, you'd know it would be basically impossible to not know any Italians. It seems like half the people I know have Italian heritage. The rest are Irish.

Done with this topic, unless you say something so offensively stupid again I feel compelled to return. I suppose there is a high chance of that happening.

I never said I had relatives IN the life. I do however have relatives who are close to people in the life, and one of them is actually a well known wiseguy from Mount Vernon. Personally, I have no connections to this life.

Where do you get that I'm a racist? My best friend is African American and my girlfriend has a black mother. I love black people, but I also love good people. If you're a good and decent person then I have no problems with you. I've always enjoyed reading your posts, and I've always respected your opinion. I wish you all the best my friend.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 08:08 PM

Faithful1

The social media is a headache but it's helping L.E ( law enforcement) to keep track of the gangs due to juvenile tendencies.

1. The state legislative passed their own street gang style Rico and used it on the New Life branch of the Black Souls , Imperial Insane Vice Lords and I think the Hobos (GD & BD clique). Albeit this version have a expiration date and I don't understand why they're not utilizing the federal base Rico instead. Regardless, most of the gangs have plentiful membership and it will take time to weaken them.

2. , 4., & 9.Agreed

3. This have been done for MANY years ( decades) and will continue onwards. Lupe Fiasco's Mural Foundation , Common, D Rose, retired gang members , community groups continue to aide in the anti-gang/180• degrees approach.

5. I disagree but understand your aiming the gangs, cartels, racketeers/syndicates main source of income and decreasing drug addicts committing crimes to fuel their habit. Problem is that within the underworld it just switches to the next commodity and violent crimes will drop somewhat to 40-50s rate, Gangs membership would shrink down somewhat but will be engage more deeply in the 2nd most lucrative activity ( plus others).

6. I could agree to some degree with possible lee ways for those under the influence. This may lead back to overcrowding of the prison system .

8. What would you consider a "manageable" base of crimes?

Wow. Don't check back for a couple of days and things go crazy.

Anyway, BF, it looks like we basically agree on everything except decriminalization of drugs. I'll add to that, that while I think drugs should be decriminalized (in the same way alcohol is, but you still can't legally drink and drive, etc), I still think it should be discouraged. I think there's good tools for doing that as well as stupid tools. Sometimes schools and government have used the wrong tools. If you're going to discourage drug use the first thing is that you (I mean "you" in the sense of people in general) need to be honest about it. Sometimes schools or the gov. uses exaggerated scare stories. Use facts backed by science.

On a "manageable" base of crimes, as a semi-libertarian I believe we need to defend person and property. If people harm themselves, while not good, does not need to be illegal. I also think there's merit to the "broken windows" theory of stopping crime. But at the same time that crime is being discouraged, those who don't get involved in crime and those who turn their lives around need to be encouraged. So the most violent predators need to be permanently removed from society so the decent people can thrive.

The idea of crime going down sufficiently is somewhat subjective, but not totally. In Chicago there might be 35 people killed in one day. That's worse than Iraq (obviously why Spike Lee calls it Chiraq). The people doing these shootings need to be seen as terrorists, because that's what they are. They are terrorizing their communities. I don't think 1 killing a day is good enough. One killing a week maybe good enough to consider an enterprise zone, but part of the reason that most enterprise zones don't work is because the crime rate is too high. Businesses that provide jobs can't be suffering from crime. Communities need to see them as commodities and protect them. There can't be a Baltimore-type riot where communities destroy themselves.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 11:18 PM

Indeed it have gotten off tracks a page ago and that individual responsible still haven't answered the question you posted.

1. I see your point about decriminalized drugs but I still disagree. It become legal then what about all the criminals behind bars arrested for dealing it recently? Do their sentence lighten and the ones that still going to sell it on the streets? Do you keep the same penalties or reduce sentence ? Confiscate and slap on the wrist? I'm picturing legalize hard drugs going through corporate circulation mirroring tobacco companies. You going to see more people casually sitting around snorting coke at the picnic table or shooting smack under the shade and cops riding by thinking back in the day this crap wouldn't happen. Let include the children perspective as well. No matter if you present the facts straightforward in the public, we still have to deal with those delinquents ( all ages).

2. Yes , The most violent needs to be removed but sentencing those for domestic issues another story as well. I disregard the "infamous" titles of our cities base off murders. Comparing homicides in a city to an entire country is ridiculous unless that city's homicides are higher of course. Chicago being the kickball topic for violent crimes in which it leads the country for the past couple years. It's homicides is terrible but not since the 70s or early 90s scale ( with the exception for this year sadly). Not a the shooters should be viewed as terrorist and their reasoning is what makes that label inconsistent.

Example, The murder of Tyshaun Lee due to nicking between to 2 decks of rivals , his father was arrested for shooting in revenge. He's not intimidating his community but seeks vengeance on those immediate involved and their love ones. Therefore a random civilian that's uninvolved shouldn't be concerned unless they are associating with either sides personally. Let take this recent case, 12 year old ( I think) shot in the chest for not throwing up the crown. A car of 4 gang members pulls up to him and yell/demand this random kid to display a gang sign but he just froze up, someone in the car shot him ( Kid is in hospital, I pray he makes a recovery). That's intimidating and deadly force, treat those type of gang membership like extremist when they can't tell the difference between neutrals & affiliations or due it intentional. In both cases we ( outsiders) don't know the full story to what started both previous cases. As a local rapper & west side GD said " that most of these killings are because of REVENGE ". Personal loses and resentment adds more fuel to the fire. On top of these plus domestic killings, there's still OC killings but we can't make out due to these dozens of other slayings.

Sorry for the long wind post. When your investigating and paying attention to details with Chicago homicides it's more in depth than just some petite gang bangers.

-> Ralphie

" Blacks are more likely to commit murder"
Isn't factual when your nor taking into consideration individual lifestyles. That's about opinionated as saying " Blacks are more likely to become pro athletes and entertainers in there life". Cut the crap. View strictly those counts and you'll see who do the most in different categories but overall Whites & Blacks TOGETHER are the predominately participants in crimes in our country ( No this ain't no Komba Ya Hold Hands statement it just common sense).

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/05/16 11:47 PM

Hey BF. I'll give a quick rundown on your replies:

1) Obviously each community would determine its own laws, but these are my suggestions.
A) Prisoners convicted of drug crimes would be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. There are people doing more time for drug crimes than murder, which IMO is wrong. Some are in prison as a result of a plea bargain. If they did no "harm to others" crime, then yes, they would be released. If they sold drugs in such a way that violates decriminalization, such as selling to children or forcing another to use drugs against their will, or evading taxes on it, then they do merit prison. Same with being under the influence while driving. The restrictions would be similar to alcohol and tobacco. Also, let's say a business sells marijuana at X strength, but it's really Y strength. That's fraud, which is a form of theft and a property crime.

2) Spike Lee used "Chiraq" to draw attention to the high murder rate in Chicago, and I think there was a study that compared it to Iraq during the Iraq War, and Chicago (at times) had a higher rate. Plus, this topic is about Chicago killings, so it's relevant. I used the word terrorist in its most literal sense. The violent criminals are terrorizing their communities. Today when people think of terrorism they think of ISIS, but back in the early 1900s when the Black Hand was extorting businesses and blowing up buildings, the Black Handers were called terrorists. So under this older definition there doesn't have to be a political or religions aspect to it, just terror.

So what would constitute terrorism in this sense? Gangsters indiscriminately shooting into crowds, shooting/killing in connection with robbery/burglary/rape, etc. In the case of a justifiable revenge shooting, if the shooter seeking revenge carefully goes after the target to make sure no one else can be harmed, that would NOT be terrorism. If a gang forces someone to join a gang by intimidation, that is terrorism. I understand revenge for someone killing your child or a spouse (that's what I mean justifiable), but gang revenge can be for anything, such as disrespect, crossing out a gang sign, etc.

Domestic shootings can be a form of domestic violence or even domestic terrorism. If a spouse is beating and threatening a spouse, that's terrorism. Yes, this older definition of terrorism is broad, but maintains the word terror. Spouses and communities should live in terror. Bullying can be a form of terrorism.

Appreciate the long post, so nothing to apologize for. Iron sharpens iron, and in-depth discussions can result in better answers.
Posted By: Sauce

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/06/16 03:14 AM

Chicago, like New Orleans, is a bastion of entitlement for votes. No one on this thread, to a man, has addressed the eight hundred pound gorilla in the room.

From cradle to grave our government has diminished these communities by way of an ideology that has kept those in government and those at the bottom for decades.

What are we to do now? Explain to the victims that that are not the victims they were lead to believe? How can one explain to them they were used for votes and they are not entitled anything other than the freedom to pursue happyness without government assistance?
Good luck

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/06/16 04:51 AM

Let's see:

A. Fair evaluation I can agree to it. What's the penalty under merit prison? Tax Evation? Would these cases now be called loose coke, heroin, crack, etc in the same regards as loose cigarettes (LoL)? What of the youth (11-19) involvement in loose drug sales?

B. Spike Lee didnt coin that title, those street affiliations did that rolleyes . They was comparing the American soldier's death toll in the Iraq War to Chicago's homicide counts. Which still isn't a correct comparison since the Chi mobs aren't using those type of violence. The major cities of Venezuela or another South American city I can't recall but have about equal population as Chicago but with 1,000+ homicides yearly. That scale is the definition of comparing to Iraq.

C. Quite the broad range indeed. Terrorism feeds on fear and yet there's an ideology/philosophy rooted in my opinion that defines a group. Your cause is too bring about a revolution , political collapse, military coups, or maintaining a bigotry caste system. Many criminals want to earned their illicit fortunes peacefully but others just use by any means necessary. The Cartel Wars or Yakuza Wars/ Bandidos v Cassocks (?) or TVLs v GDs ; You have a golden carpet roll out for terrorist, FBI going be on the new regulated taxed "aspirins".

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/06/16 04:53 AM

---> Sauce

Speak on this 800 lbs King Kong.
Posted By: Sauce

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/06/16 05:00 AM

I just did

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/06/16 08:04 AM

A. Do I really need to get down to the fine details? That would require at least a think tank. For now it's just you and me. For youth selling, I would rather see something redemptive. Some sort of volunteer work, something positive. There could also be some sort of fine that involves taking from the proceeds of the transaction.

B. I thought I only wrote that Lee used the title, not that he coined it. This article traces the origin of the word: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04/22/how-chicago-became-chiraq.html. The word is a hyperbole: an exaggeration to make an important point. I don't think it was meant to be taken literally, but for effect. Maybe if President Obama and the media had given more attention to taking on these murders more would be done to alleviate them, is the thinking.

C. My cause isn't a revolution or any of those other things. My cause is an intervention, like how loved ones confront an individual is ruining his or her life. My cause is also saving lives and not wanting more innocents who just happen to be in the way either losing their lives or having permanently damaged ones. And the FBI doesn't regulate drugs, it's the FDA and state and county regulators. There would have to be a diversion of resources to concentrate on dealing with "harm to others" crimes and property, and not "harm to self." "Harm to self" can also be dealt with medically, psychologically and spiritually. But I know people who frequently smoke pot, are adults, and have no desire to change. They are also not hurting other people or committing crimes (other than using weed). Personally, I think it should only be used if there's a medical reason. A new study shows that it is harmful: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...onal-study.html

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/06/16 09:19 AM

Chicago's youth have guns and a lot of drugs to abuse

That's what's wrong with chicago

Molly, xanax, and pcp are driving the murder rate

Not because the sale of drugs but cause people are high on hard drugs and/or narcotics
Posted By: Boss_of_Knickerbocker

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/06/16 09:35 AM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
Chicago's youth have guns and a lot of drugs to abuse

That's what's wrong with chicago

Molly, xanax, and pcp are driving the murder rate

Not because the sale of drugs but cause people are high on hard drugs and/or narcotics

Really? I get the feeling a lot of these shootings are just World Star Hip Hop behavior done by people who will shoot you for looking at them the wrong way.

Why is the thread even here? It's not LCN/OC related.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/06/16 10:06 PM

@bossknick

Worldstar is one of the worst websites ever created

People will shoot u over minor infractions when their high on drugs (more specifically pills)

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/07/16 01:36 AM

How you doing F1? Let me clarify some of my responses:

A. Good for thought questions with the exception of the youth. These questions plus more are going to be directed at legalized, regulated drugs in general politics. I'm just placing it in a real life scenario and the reactions to protest that will culminate afterwards.

B. I'm just reiterating the general hyperbole to all these infamous titles to cities or their low income communities. I'm curious on the media & president attention on Chicago in 1974 when it hit it's heinous peak back in those days. We all know that as bad the homicides are in recent times ( 2010s) , it was worser back in the 90s. It's a somewhat improvement crime wise. A lot more improvement but it's visible in some locations ( Bronzeville). Chicago politics needs much improvement as well too.

C. No I wasn't speaking on your cause but your definition of terrorism. It's broaden as a blanket. I was giving examples of my opinion on terrorism in that it's an ideology/philosophy that gives birth to radicals. I listed different criminal groups' conflicts that causes panic in the general community and how the FBI is going have an extra headache due to large resources/funding shift to terrorism as the too priority. Basically tripling their paperwork in a humorous tone.

Overall enjoying the conversation. Your right about the Iron concept and I'm going to keep that in my head for life now.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/07/16 01:37 AM

--> Sauce

Oh. Sounded more like 800 pages of dialogue roll into a summary.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/07/16 02:24 AM

I already stated that the OP should of place this in the street talk thread and once again there's still OC involvement plus not everything have to be focus on LCN or are you talking about the Latin Count Nation .

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/07/16 05:26 AM

Hey BF,

When we get done with all this maybe we ought to submit it to the mayor (or maybe the next one; I don't think Rahm Emanuel is open to serious ideas LOL), what do you think? wink

A. I think there's some good ideas from the different think tanks, like the Manhattan Institute, Project 21, Brookings Institute, etc. Haven't seen anything specific to these questions, because they assume something that hasn't happened yet. I don't think the two ideas that I heard from BLM are right. Decreasing police presence generally results in increased crime. It would be better to train and enforce police act polite, train them to deal with mental illness, involve community leaders in more effective ways, etc. BLM also advocates releasing more people from prison. Which people? Murderers? Rapists? or low-level drug dealers? I haven't seen specific details nor how they would justify or explain them. The general idea of increasing education can be addressed by school choice vouchers, more vocational training, etc. I think what is often neglected is that the community has to develop a mindset that shames and discourages criminal behavior. It has to come from within, but outside forces can encourage this development.

B. There were plenty of times in the past when things were worse. The 42 Gang terrorized Taylor Street and the Black Hand terrorized Little Italy. But we can't do anything about the past. We have to come to a point where people say, "Enough." I reached that point a long time ago, but who am I?

C. Yes, my definition is broad, but I'm not asking for FBI involvement except for sitting on some sort of oversight committee or similar. This is more for local and state authorities. Maybe the federal attorney would have to increase staffing, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Enjoy this too. You've got a lot of insight to offer. I'm sure they could use some of that in Mississippi smile

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/07/16 05:51 PM

With all the issues the current & future mayor face with a waterfall size problems, our suggestion going in the container with the toilet tissue. LoL.

Honestly I don't follow much of the BLM activists and unaware of their ideas. In regards to the black community, there's quite a lot of push against the criminality. It's those careless and misguided hardhead element that have a narrow minded views. The rest could be nonchalant , fearful , selfish , and/or clannish about this segment of their community. At the same time, outsiders don't generally view these misfortunes as individual cases. The scenario is closely akin to "Walk in another person shoes" .

Mississippi too damn corrupt lol Our governor just approved the House Bill 1523 aka "Religious Liberty Accommodation Act" recently and will be effective July 1 this year. LGBT community is going up the mountain top when it happens.

I might make a topic in the general section about it and everyone can google the bill to read the contents. First, I'm going to make a topic that will undoubtedly stir up the wasp nest ( Japanese ones! lol). Just thinking of a title and approach.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year - 04/07/16 09:14 PM

Yeah, BF, let's move this topic to the other section, because it's really getting away from OC, but it's still interesting.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET