Home

Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo

Posted By: GangstersInc

Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/28/16 12:14 PM

Profile: Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo
From his early days hanging out with comedian Eddie Murphy to the day he died in the Witness Protection Program: http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/profile-lucchese-family-capo-fat-pete-chiodo
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/28/16 04:02 PM

Not bad but i really would like to know more about his criminal career in the 80s.

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/28/16 04:12 PM

The article also says his sister was shot dead. Is that correct?
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/28/16 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
no his sister Patricia capozallo was shot and wounded in the attempted murder but she didn't die
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/28/16 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
no his sister Patricia capozallo was shot and wounded in the attempted murder but she didn't die

And she was a mother of three. Scumbag move by the mob
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/28/16 04:49 PM

Oh my, that was sloppy of me, guys! Fixed it! And to think I got it right just weeks ago http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/bl...y-mike-spinelli Must be writing too many of these damn profiles about attempted and succeeded hits tongue

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/28/16 05:01 PM

Agreed about the hit. One of the lowest points for the Mafia, which is saying something.

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/28/16 05:26 PM

Wasn't John Veasey's brother killed in Philadelphia the day John was scheduled to testify? And wasn't he a civilian?
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/28/16 05:37 PM

The Colombo admin whacked a judge, George Aronwald. Anthony Casso ordered the whacking of an architect who did work on his mansion, Anthony Fava. Salvatore Avellino ordered the whacking of two rival trash haulers, Robert Kubecka and Donald Barstow. Several innocents, including a child, were killer or severely maimed over the course of the Colombo War in the 90's. Roy De Meo whacked a salesman barely out of his teens after mistaking him for an assassin. That scumbag John Gotti had his neighbour tortured to death for accidentally killing his child. Everett Hatcher, a DEA agent, was murdered by a mobster linked to the Bonanno clan. Several innocent women have been murdered by mobsters, including Michael Mancuso. A cop was murdered by a high-ranking Genovese mobster.

That's just off the top of my head.

Vinny Basciano also ordered the execution of a prosecutor. And you may say this was bluster, but the Aronwald case is a precedent.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/28/16 05:45 PM

Dominick ragucci was the vacuum salesman who demeo murdered , matteo speranza was the kid killed in the bagel shop during the Colombo war . There was also Mary Bari who was murdered by the colombos and Veronica Zuraw, the nun who was accidentally shot and killed during a mob hit

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/28/16 06:16 PM

Or this:
The mob hit that rocked New York
When two innocent men were killed by mobsters in 1972 at a Manhattan eatery, the Mafia took a hit too.
August 10, 2012|By Steve Dougherty

"Yeah, I left it noisy. That way it scares any pain-in-the-ass innocent bystanders away."

"The Godfather"was still playing in New York theaters five months after its release and audiences were still greeting that line with nervous laughter when, on Friday, Aug. 11, 1972, a hit man from Las Vegas walked into the Neopolitan Noodle, an Italian restaurant on Manhattan's East 79th Street, at the height of the dinner hour rush.

Mistaking four businessmen at the crowded bar for his actual targets, Colombo family acting boss "Little Allie" Persico and three mob lieutenants, the hit man opened fire with two long-barreled pistols, killing two of the businessmen — kosher beef wholesalers from Westchester County and Long Island — and wounding their companions.

The men were old friends meeting to celebrate a daughter's wedding engagement. They arrived at the Noodle as the Persico party was being seated for dinner. While the four wiseguys were out of harm's way at a table in the dining room, the hit man shot the four innocents who had taken their places at the bar. The businessmen were casualties of a Colombo family civil war that had ignited four months earlier in spectacular fashion when "Crazy Joe" Gallo was gunned down at Umberto's Clam House in Little Italy.

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/28/16 06:18 PM

And who can forget Baby Huey, Gotti Jr. saying on his 60 minute bullshit interview that, Only people in the life are killed? What a joke!

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/28/16 06:43 PM

They have to rationalize their lifestyle.

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/28/16 07:40 PM

And lets not forget Nicholas Guido
Posted By: Sosueme

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/28/16 09:26 PM

A real tough guy billy veasey sas . He was involved with gambling in northeast philly and some activity in bucks county. He did sometime in the late 80's for assault and firearms. He had a 9mm on him to when he went if I remember. Never got a chance to reach for it
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/28/16 11:58 PM

Billy Veasey was killed because it was a brother for a brother. I doubt they cared if he was involved in LCN or not.
Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/29/16 12:23 AM

I will continue the derailing lol

Morello killed or had killed his young housekeeper

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/29/16 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Billy Veasey was killed because it was a brother for a brother. I doubt they cared if he was involved in LCN or not.

Vegas can you expand on that. This NY Times article reports that:

"Police officials said the killing appeared to be retaliation for John Veasey's defection and a blatant effort to intimidate him as a witness.

"That's the motive we are looking at," said Capt. John C. Apeldorn, the head of the Organized Crime and Intelligence Unit at the Philadelphia Police Department. "It was a mob hit of one brother on the very morning the other brother is scheduled to testify."

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/10/06/us/brother-of-mob-turncoat-is-gunned-down.html
Posted By: Jhype11

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/29/16 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork

Never heard that story, what was the motive?
Posted By: MemphisMafia

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/29/16 04:00 AM

Good stuff.Casso also had stalked prosecutor Charlie Rose,I believe was his name.And they were going to kill Judge Nickerson as well,thinking it would delay the windows trial.And Fat Petes uncle was also killed and his grandmothers house bombed.Casso was a piece of shit
Posted By: bronx

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/29/16 04:07 AM

mary bari

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/29/16 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By: bronx
mary bari

Another woman killed was Flemmi's girlfriend, Debra Davis by Whitey Bulger

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...crime-boss.html
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/29/16 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By: MemphisMafia
Good stuff.Casso also had stalked prosecutor Charlie Rose,I believe was his name.And they were going to kill Judge Nickerson as well,thinking it would delay the windows trial.And Fat Petes uncle was also killed and his grandmothers house bombed.Casso was a piece of shit

Fat Pete's uncle was a loanshark who threatened the life of a woman and her unborn child.

I don't think Casso & Amuso were responsible for his death.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/feds-love-die-article-1.677268
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/29/16 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Originally Posted By: VegasMikey

Vegas can you expand on that. This NY Times article reports that:

"Police officials said the killing appeared to be retaliation for John Veasey's defection and a blatant effort to intimidate him as a witness.

"That's the motive we are looking at," said Capt. John C. Apeldorn, the head of the Organized Crime and Intelligence Unit at the Philadelphia Police Department. "It was a mob hit of one brother on the very morning the other brother is scheduled to testify."

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/10/06/us/brother-of-mob-turncoat-is-gunned-down.html
john veasey killed Mikey Cianglini. John Cianglini and them killed Billy Veasey. Perfect timing too because everyone at first looked toward the Stanfa guys.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/29/16 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Jhype11
Originally Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork

Never heard that story, what was the motive?

It's never been proven he killed her. But he had a young female housekeeper, and one day while cleaning the house, she entered a room, which Morello had always kept the door to, closed. She opened it and went about her business and discovered a printing press, which the Morello gang used for their early counterfeiting operation. The girl went missing after the day of her supposed discovery. Some mafia historians believe Morello had the girl killed fearing she'd talk to the authorities about what she discovered, and blowing the lid on the Morello Families counterfeit money racket.
Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/29/16 09:57 PM

That's what Dash says in his book. Like SC says its an unproven theory just like about 75% of info involving the "mafia"
Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/30/16 03:48 AM

..worst one in my opinion... Christmas day too I think. ..

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/30/16 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

You're right Frankie. it was Christmas day 1986. Found this article on the results of a lawsuit against the City of NY and the murder itself:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...ticle-1.2098449
Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/30/16 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

You're right Frankie. it was Christmas day 1986. Found this article on the results of a lawsuit against the City of NY and the murder itself:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...ticle-1.2098449

That's something at least. .. thx for the article. What a shame that was. .
Posted By: Belette

Re: Profile of Lucchese family capo “Fat Pete” Chiodo - 03/30/16 05:34 PM

Was just reading yesterday about the "Harlem baby massacre" Mad Dog Coll and buddies were trying to hit Joseph Rao in front of a social club, but instead hit 5 kids, killing a 5 year old.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=950&dat=19320701&id=EORPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2FQDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5360,3958318&hl=fi
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET