Home

Old Caramandi Article / Question

Posted By: Curiosity

Old Caramandi Article / Question - 03/22/16 12:51 AM

Reading articles on philly.com and came across this one:

http://articles.philly.com/1987-05-09/news/26164401_1_extortion-trial-nicholas-caramandi-scarfo

What caught my attention was this part: "Caramandi said he had gotten word at one point that Scarfo intended to kill his two young daughters, and that he believed it."

I searched on google for information and only found the sentence in a couple other articles on philly.com.. Those articles claimed the reason Caramandi flipped was due to the above quote. Quote from one of the articles: "Caramandi said he became a government informant only after learning Scarfo wanted him dead, and threatened harm to his daughters."

This caught my eye for three reasons; 1.) I thought Caramandi flipped because of Long John saying Scarfo wanted him dead (although it does say that above), 2.) I've never heard his daughters were threaten, and 3.) I thought family members were left out of mob violence.

So my question is did Scarfo really threaten this or is this Caramandi lying to justify ratting? Anybody got some more info?
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Old Caramandi Article / Question - 03/22/16 11:28 AM

Didn't Caramandi say in a documentary that he thought he was going to get killed by Nicky for screwing up the Rause waterfront extortion deal were the Crow got himself arrested? I too have never heard anything about Nicky killing his daughters. Nicky was nuts but not that nuts.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Old Caramandi Article / Question - 03/22/16 03:02 PM

No, Scarfo never went after Caramandis daughters. That story popped up when other writers in Philly were trying to upstage GA. Long John told Caramandi about the hit on his life for three reasons, 1. He was looking for an ally in Caramandi. 2. Long John wanted to weaken Scarfo's organization by creating disorder in the Mob. 3. Long John was really telling the truth as he had communication lines throughout the underworld.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Old Caramandi Article / Question - 03/22/16 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Didn't Caramandi say in a documentary that he thought he was going to get killed by Nicky for screwing up the Rause waterfront extortion deal were the Crow got himself arrested? I too have never heard anything about Nicky killing his daughters. Nicky was nuts but not that nuts.

He puts that reason forth in his book too, but that he also heard that from Long John. The reality is Scarfo wasn't going to kill him or really upset about it, he just expected The Crow to take his sentence.
Posted By: Curiosity

Re: Old Caramandi Article / Question - 03/22/16 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter

He puts that reason forth in his book too, but that he also heard that from Long John. The reality is Scarfo wasn't going to kill him or really upset about it, he just expected The Crow to take his sentence.

Yeah. That's what I always heard/read. And I agree about Scarfo not being that nuts, Beanshooter. That's why I found it so odd.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Old Caramandi Article / Question - 03/23/16 12:51 AM

Any guess as to how much time crow would have been sentence on a plea 10 yrs? Old law 2/3. But tommy dell flpied rite before hi. They probably played him tapes and he was off. 86 same year fish cafaro flipped I think or 87.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Old Caramandi Article / Question - 03/23/16 01:41 AM

He was looking at twelve to twenty while he was in jail. I believe the Judge gave him eight years plus time served after corroborated, and wanted to give him twenty-five to thirty for the crimes he committed.
Posted By: British

Re: Old Caramandi Article / Question - 03/23/16 06:48 AM

Is he still alive?
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Old Caramandi Article / Question - 03/23/16 03:46 PM

Who knows, last I heard he was living in a trailer park.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET