Home

gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss

Posted By: gangstereport

gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 11:55 AM

this is not the full article not breaking board rules barney bellomo is now confirmed as the boss of the family and petey Red is the number two he is known for ties to the newspaper industry

This Week in Gang Land
By Jerry Capeci

Barney (The Boss) Bellomo, Once The Brainy Kid From The Bronx, Now Reigns Supreme In Genovese Family

While facing indictment in the late 1980s, the late and legendary Mafia boss Vincent (Chin) Gigante selected Liborio (Barney) Bellomo as acting boss of the powerful Genovese crime family. Now, more than 25 years later and after his own convictions, the Bronx-based college-educated wiseguy has made it to the top on his own and now rules the crime family, Gang Land has learned.

That's according to authoritative law enforcement officials and other reliable sources who tell Gang Land that the 59-year-old mobster is calling the shots in the time-honored tradition of the sophisticated crime family that is often referred to as the Ivy League of organized crime — quietly and without calling any attention to himself for the last few years.

"Barney's smart, he's tough, he's low-key, and everybody respects him," said one reliable Gang Land source.

He also appears to have learned from the master: Sources say Bellomo is using longtime Lower East Side capo Peter (Petey Red) DiChiara to relay orders and information to Genovese family members. DiChiara, the sources, say is serving as, "street boss" or acting boss for Bellomo, relaying messages to and from capos and important family soldiers.

The arrangement is similar to one long employed by the cagey Gigante who long fooled the law about his mob role by having Anthony (Fat Tony) Salerno serve as the "upfront" boss for his crime clan, while keeping below the radar himself. DiChiara, 73, the sources say, may wear an additional hat as well, that of the family's consigliere.

Gang Land's sources declined to explain exactly how Barney's directives get relayed to Petey Red — perhaps they're not so sure themselves. But they insist that Bellomo has been behind the increased activity in and around Petey Red's social club at Market and Cherry Streets

"Barney's the boss," said one law enforcement official. "He's the reason why people from Brooklyn and the Bronx have been showing up in lower Manhattan in the last few years."

DiChiara has maintained a social club at 73 Market Street since the 1990s. And except for a five year period when he was serving a federal prison stretch for racketeering a decade ago, it has been a busy place. But until recently, its regular patrons and visitors, for the most part, were members of Petey Red's crew.

In the past, that crew has included some of Gang Land's most active players, among them Salvatore and Frank DeMeo, Salvatore (Sammy Meatballs) Aparo, his son Vincent, and Rosario (Ross) Gangi. All of those wiseguys, however, were snared in 2002 along with Petey Red, after a three year FBI sting operation during which mob associate Michael (Cookie) D'Urso tape recorded hundreds of conversations.

Based on D'Urso's undercover work from 1998 to 2000, Petey Red was hit with a slew of racketeering charges as a Genovese capo who oversaw loansharking gambling, extortion, labor bribery, and a lucrative check cashing scheme from 1993 to 2001.

Released from prison in 2007, DiChiara earned payoffs from the sales of stolen newspapers and magazines in 2009, according to police reports about an investigation of the mob-tarred newspaper industry by the Manhattan District Attorney's office. He was not charged in that probe, or with any other wrongdoing since then.

But, as Gang Land reported in 2014, in an exclusive report about DiChiara's newspaper industry ties, Genovese wiseguys from Queens, Long Island, and beyond, like capo Daniel Pagano of Ramapo, were also spotted at Petey Red's place. Law enforcement sources report that Pagano, who began serving a 30 month prison stay last year, and others were stopping in to see DiChiara in order to pass on information to Bellomo, or receive directives from him.

In recent weeks, neighborhood sources say DiChiara, who has diabetes, hasn't been well. One feared he may have been hospitalized, but that could not be confirmed.

Bellomo's seven-year stint as acting boss for Gigante — from 1989 to 1996 — cost Barney 12 years behind bars. He was there from June of 1996 until he entered a halfway house in July of 2008 for three separate extortion convictions involving hundreds of thousands of dollars in shakedowns during the early 1990s.

In two of the racketeering indictments, he was accused of ordering a mob hit, but in both cases, he was able to beat back the murder charge by copping a plea deal to extortion. He helped beat one charge by volunteering to take a lie detector test. He passed. Since his release from federal custody in December of 2008, Bellomo has been squeaky clean. He had no issues regarding three years of post prison supervised release, and he has no problems with the law since then.

On paper, he's the changed man who worked hard to keep his four children "on the straight and narrow … through emails, telephone calls and monthly visits" during his years behind bars as his attorney Barry Levin declared he was in 2007, when Manhattan Federal Judge Lewis Kaplan sentenced him to 41 months, but only a year of that was added to Bellomo's time behind bars.

Yet, numerous local and federal law enforcement officials confirm that Barney Bellomo is the reigning boss of the powerful Genovese crime family while overseeing a lucrative empire of his own.

These sources say Bellomo earns substantial rental income every month from numerous apartment buildings worth millions of dollars that he owns in the Bronx and northern suburbs — where he still resides when he is not in his Miami Beach condo on Collins Avenue.

Bellomo also has financial interests in construction companies that he uses to repair and refurbish rundown apartment buildings he buys, the law enforcement sources say.

"I'm not saying we can prove he's committed a crime, but there's no doubt that he's the boss of the crime family," said one official, who like all the law enforcement sources, spoke only under a promise of anonymity. He declined to offer any specific details regarding the key aides that help Bellomo manage the affairs of the largest borghata in the city, some 200 or so made men.

During the early 1990s, when Bellomo was the family's acting boss, he amazed then-gangster and wannabe mobster D'Urso with how much he knew about him, according to FBI reports and the recollection of a law enforcement source.

It happened in 1995, a year after D'Urso survived a bullet in the head in a plot allegedly instigated by mob associate Carmelo (Carmine Pizza) Polito. Despite explicit orders not to retaliate, Cookie tried to gun down his nemesis, not once, but twice. The second time, D'Urso wounded his victim.

After Polito was shot, sources say, mobster Ross Gangi pulled D'Urso aside and warned him: "Barney heard about the shooting. He said to tell you if we find out it's you, you got a major problem."

Several attorneys who have represented Bellomo codefendants in his three cases — there were more than 75 all together — say that they never heard Barney raise his voice, that he was always a gentleman during pre-trial and post conviction meetings, and that he is a proud father and rock-solid family man.

A widower — his wife Camille died of cancer in 2013 — Bellomo has three sons and a daughter, Sabrina, who was 16 when her father was imprisoned. She passed the state bar in 2006, quickly joined her father's defense team, and made him proud. She also earned her dad a rare compliment from a sentencing judge, with a moving, emotional plea for her dad, whom she called a "good father," and what his years in prison meant to her and her younger brothers.

"I think the only person that can really relate to the way we feel is a person who's lost a parent," Sabrina said, "because they're the only ones who really know what it feels like not to have that parent beside them for all those moments that are supposed to be special."

She and her brothers "were all at different stations in our lives" and had individual difficulties growing up without having their dad around when they needed him, she recalled.

"One day that was particularly hard for me was my law school graduation," she said. "I remember thinking to myself, 'Oh, my God, daddy missed my high school graduation, my college graduation, and now he's missing my law school graduation.' Days like that make you wish as though they weren't even going to happen because then you won't have to be sad by the fact he wasn't there."

But her youngest brother, Liborio, whose nickname is also Barney suffered the most from his father's arrest, Sabrina said. Young Barney was nine when their dad was arrested. His hurt, she explained, was a nagging and constant reminder of how the whole family continued to suffer.

"My little brother Barney had made him a Father's Day present right before my father was indicted on June 10, 1996," she recalled. "And my dad was gone that Father's Day and every Father's Day since. And that gift still sits wrapped, and Barney still has it, and it's waiting to be opened."

When Bellomo's all grown up 27-year-old daughter returned to her seat, Kaplan turned to the three-time-convicted wiseguy and said: "You certainly have something to be proud of in the young lady sitting next to you."

Attorney Levin told Gang Land he didn't have anything to add to what he stated at Bellomo's sentencing and attorney Bellomo did not respond to a voice mail message. If nothing else, Gang Land hopes the Bellomo family took a picture of Barney opening his 1996 Father's Day Gift in 2008.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 11:57 AM

if anyone wants the full article pm me and i will send it but i cant post the full thing
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 12:53 PM

Its good for Barney to had a lawyer as daughter. Apart i think that Sabrina Bellomo that defend his father is like I think meadow soprano will do if the soprano was in the real life. Who know if Sabrina ever asked "Daddy you are in the mob ?"
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 01:20 PM

Wasn't it previously discussed here that he had retired?
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter

PB had said he had pulled way back after his wife died. But maybe that is what Barney wanted it to appear like. These Genovese guys are tricky.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Its good for Barney to had a lawyer as daughter. Apart i think that Sabrina Bellomo that defend his father is like I think meadow soprano will do if the soprano was in the real life. Who know if Sabrina ever asked "Daddy you are in the mob ?"

I really doubt that she needs to ask that/ I am sure she knows my Italian brother. shhh
Posted By: DB

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 01:58 PM

Whether official or not I think most knew if he wanted something done or not done , it would happen . Not really big news IMO

My guess is this article was possibly released due to some frustration by LE, just a guess tho on my part
Posted By: Snakes

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

PB had said he had pulled way back after his wife died. But maybe that is what Barney wanted it to appear like. These Genovese guys are tricky.

Well, apparently he uses DiChiara as his intermediary so one could assume that he is still "pulled back."
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 02:06 PM

Great to see an up to date picture of Bellomo , don't think anyone who knows s bit about the mob would have said anyone other than Bellomo was the official boss , it was just having the proof , has anyone seen a pic of Peter (Petey Red) DiChiara ??
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 02:08 PM

I would to see a pictures of Sabrina Bellomo shhh

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/mob-big-kid-tears-melt-judge-article-1.265729

He is her Tony Soprano. She his Meadow.

A rookie lawyer whose father was a mob boss made her courtroom debut yesterday with an emotional plea that may have saved daddy from a harsh prison term.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 02:09 PM

everyone said not just PB that whem barneys wife died he was broken up about it.

No one said he was not involved in the life people (myself included) believed he was not the boss was in an advisory role. I thought he was part of a ruling panel of leaders but i was wrong

PB has always been very knowledgeable so he prob thought that by barney being broken up about his wife and being less visible on the streets he assumed he was not the boss.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: DB
Whether official or not I think most knew if he wanted something done or not done , it would happen . Not really big news IMO

My guess is this article was possibly released due to some frustration by LE, just a guess tho on my part

I agree with that.
Further, the part about his sons fathers day gift had to of really bothered him while he was away with all that free time to think.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 02:25 PM

Disposing of the rotating panel system which has served the WESTSIDE extraordinarily well since Chin went to the big social club in the sky is HUGE news.

First official boss and consig named in over a decade.

I'd love to know the difference between 'street boss' and underboss by the way if anyone can explain.
My understanding was they both serve as conduits to the capo's.
But maybe because it's the WESTSIDE they have to give it a different name...
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 02:36 PM

I figured that the Street Boss is acting on behalf of the Boss. So the under boss would be below the street boss, if a family has both.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 02:39 PM

I have a feeling someone is going to come in here and tell me I'm wrong though.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 02:40 PM

The article states DiChiara serves as purely a conduit between Bellamo and the capos though.

Isn't that precisely the position of an UB?

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 02:41 PM

Probably more bullshit LE terminology. Or a newspaper coined term.

DeChiara's prob never heard the word in his life.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 02:59 PM

Oh, I see what you're saying... because the article didn't name a different underboss?

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 03:14 PM

It's not that the article didn't name an UB, it's that it's calling DiChiara 'street boss' when, to me, he's doing precisely the duties of an UB, ie being a conduit between the capos and the official.
A SB is acting on behalf of the official eg if incarcerated or not involved in the daily decisions. Neither of which the article mentions Bellamo. IE he's not incarcerated nor has he stepped back. So why the term SB instead of UB? Or as he's mentioned as consig, 'acting UB'.

But I never was too quick on the uptake.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 03:21 PM

I try to avoid the labels, personally. Basically, I take this out of the article:

1. Bellomo
2. DiChiara

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Snakes
I try to avoid the labels, personally. Basically, I take this out of the article:

1. Bellomo
2. DiChiara

+1

Good perspective Snakes.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
It's not that the article didn't name an UB, it's that it's calling DiChiara 'street boss' when, to me, he's doing precisely the duties of an UB, ie being a conduit between the capos and the official.
A SB is acting on behalf of the official eg if incarcerated or not involved in the daily decisions. Neither of which the article mentions Bellamo. IE he's not incarcerated nor has he stepped back. So why the term SB instead of UB? Or as he's mentioned as consig, 'acting UB'.

But I never was too quick on the uptake.

Well, didnt Barney serve the same role for Chin, whether he was locked up or not? So was he shifting from SB to UB?

Wasnt Benny Eggs or someone underboss to chin while Barney served as street boss?

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 03:52 PM

Wasn't Benny Eggs or someone underboss to chin while Barney served as street boss?

That's understandable. My understanding is an acting or street makes decisions in place of the boss whilst the UB is merely the conduit.

Hence my confusion at the terms used in the article

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Great to see an up to date picture of Bellomo , don't think anyone who knows s bit about the mob would have said anyone other than Bellomo was the official boss , it was just having the proof , has anyone seen a pic of Peter (Petey Red) DiChiara ??

I was also interested in seeing a photo of him

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 05:26 PM

For those curious...

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 05:27 PM

Sonny I agree with you about the LE terminology

IMO and it's only my opinion we get too caught up on titles here.

Barney has likely always had the final say but I doubt he is doing any day to day

Decision making

My guess is LE is frustrated and an article like this is going to piss him off given his style.

Nobody on the street is going to F with him but I really don't see

Him managing the day to day things . He is likely more removed than in the 90s

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 06:01 PM

i dont understand why he would want the job he has millions in legit business being boss is making himself a top FBI target

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: gangstereport
i dont understand why he would want the job he has millions in legit business being boss is making himself a top FBI target

I agree GR. But, who knows? Maybe it's the power, the money, the respect, the fear, the standing he now garners in the community. or maybe, just maybe he really believes in this thing called Cosa Nostra. Just my opinion GR
Posted By: pmac

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 06:18 PM

That's all the guy ever wanted he was inducted in 77 at age 21 according to fish carfaro who proposed him wonder sense he boss he finally inducts fish kid a good friend even thou dad flipd. No one can tell him no. Collins ave condo hipper then Boca. Why no be boss guy has millions just lining his pockets and all he has to do is watch over everyone. The days of chin having guys killed over rules are gone just selve or give them a beating. That dude must be paid. All the shit they have massino never even touched any of the westside rackets. Just the union and docks that jivits center.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 07:31 PM

Whether its questioning the titles or thinking the feds are using Capeci to put out disinformation, I dont know why the knee-jerk reaction of some is to always ignore what Capeci has passed on and start trying to figure things out on their own. Is it an ego thing? Is the new info not exciting enough?

The feds dont just pull these ranks out of thin air. They use them because the mob uses them. Underboss, of course, is part of the traditional 3 man administration. It's a permanent position unless the guy dies or steps down. Acting boss or street boss are often used interchangeably. The circumstances vary, ie running things on the street for the official boss who is trying to insulate himself (appears to be the case here), running things on the street because the official boss is in prison, or running things because the last official boss died and he has not be officially replaced yet. Yes, some of the duties of an underboss and acting/street boss may overlap. It's not rocket science and we shouldn't try to make it more convoluted than it is.

Also, I don't know where the idea originated that Capeci allows himself to be used by the feds as a conduit for misinformation. Even thinking he does it unknowingly has no basis. The guy is a journalist and trades on his credibility. I think just about everyone would agree he's proven himself to be among the most credible guys covering the mob. If he thought that a source, even one from law enforcement, was intentionally feeding him BS just to "stir the pot," it stands to reason he'd distance himself from them pretty quickly since it's his job and reputation on the line. Some people on the forums need to quit with the conspiracy theories.

The last bit if news we did receive on Bellomo was that 2009 article that said he was part of a rotating panel of recently released leaders that included himself, Benny Mangano, Ernie Muscarella, and Larry Dentico. In 2011, it was reporeted Tino Fiumara had been on a 3 man panel running the family. And as recently as 2014, it was reported in a WSJ article the family was believed to still be using a panel. So this is obviously a significant change and perhaps is due to the health of some of those guys above. It should also be pointed out that DiChiara is from Bellomo's crew. Much like it has in recent decades, that crew seems to be the almost automatic, go-to leadership in the family.

Edit: Confused DiChiara and Falcetti. DiChiara is from the Gangi/Aparo crew.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 07:38 PM

Here we go...

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 07:49 PM

Also the fact the patsy Falcetti has allegedly taken over all or part of the 116th street crew speaks volumes

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 07:52 PM

Ivy I don't think , Peter (Petey Red) dichiara is from the same crew as Bellomo ??

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 08:12 PM

Ivy I don't think , Peter (Petey Red) dichiara is from the same crew as Bellomo ??

You're right, I'm confusing DiChiara with Falcetti. My mistake.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 08:18 PM

And you'll never understand...(not saying i do and im a wiseguy lol)

Some of these guys are lifers and really believe in "this thing of ours"

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 08:30 PM

And you'll never understand...(not saying i do and im a wiseguy lol)

Some of these guys are lifers and really believe in "this thing of ours"

Yeah, the way these guys think isn't always going to compute with law abiding citizens. Just the fact they are in the mob to begin with suggests they assume some risk. Maybe a sense of duty is one reason Bellomo has taken the position.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 08:31 PM

Some prison bids preserve people he looks everyday of 59. If he's uptown his other guy is downtown. Chin had manna from new Jersey. Smart way to spread out the power keeping a eye and ear all over. Not the way amuso and casso had all the power in Brooklyn.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 08:31 PM

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 09:04 PM

Wikipedia has him at 59 born on January 8th 1957

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 09:50 PM

he is 59

http://www.nysun.com/new-york/barneys-bravado-gives-the-feds-fits/53741/

he was 50 in 2007
Posted By: tt120

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 10:31 PM

that social club is extremely active. i drive by market and cherry 3-5 days a week for work and i see guys out there every time without fail in the morning. they're there pretty early, ive even seen 2 guys out there in the rain. they keep the door open and hang out inside and outside. wouldnt know whos who by face and it could always be some old knickerbocker village retirees just shooting the shit, but still... the article wasnt lying when it said that club is active

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 10:36 PM

Also the fact the patsy Falcetti has allegedly taken over all or part of the 116th street crew speaks volumes

he has? i thought he took over muscarella's bronx based crew. i know muscarella was 116th street capo at one point but i thought he ran a separate east bronx crew after. i could see these guys rotating capos.

falcetti got taken down by one of the biggest bumbling idiots of a snitch in recent mob history. the fact that him and members of his crew let some reality tv reject get that close to him doesnt look good. plus falcetti was a capo and was directly loaning the snitch money?? come on

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 10:39 PM

Social clubs in the LES. hilarious.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy

that area of the les is kind of like a no mans land. could be considered chinatown even. its all nycha and mitchell lama buildings and theres nothing around except for the old timers who live there. they just tore down only grocery store there too last year. its kind of a weird neighborhood considering what it is surrounded by or close to

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 10:45 PM

I thought Social Clubs were a thing of the past? I wonder how long the Feds have been monitoring that club?
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 10:48 PM

Bellomo seems to be a throwback, unlike most of the idiots we read about !!

Btw, nice to see the judge show some compassion for the family by saying those nice things about his daughter..I'm sure it meant a lot to both of them !!

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 10:53 PM

I thought Social Clubs were a thing of the past? I wonder how long the Feds have been monitoring that club?

yeah if its being written about, and we know about it, the feds have had to be on it for ages. they're probably not doing much there. like i said i see guys there all the time but it could just be old retirees playing cards

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: tt120

that area of the les is kind of like a no mans land. could be considered chinatown even. its all nycha and mitchell lama buildings and theres nothing around except for the old timers who live there. they just tore down only grocery store there too last year. its kind of a weird neighborhood considering what it is surrounded by or close to

Yeah, I'm very familiar with the area. If I remember right, a ton of Hasidic Jews, especially in the Co-Ops.

Comparatively, an untouched area of Manhattan.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 10:58 PM

The decline in social clubs are partly misconception by the media I think. Also these guys are still meeting and have there hangouts even if they are not "social clubs" frank Cali a perfect example

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 11:11 PM

Mob big kid's tears melt judge

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 11:17 PM

The decline in social clubs are partly misconception by the media I think. Also these guys are still meeting and have there hangouts even if they are not "social clubs" frank Cali a perfect example

There are definitely way, way less. One reason is increased law enforcement.

Another is the decline of traditional Italian neighborhoods.. This guy probably sticks out like a sore thumb.

Funny, I was reading about the rat John Bologna. He had a social club on Irving Ave in port Chester like 10 years ago. Now it's all Hispanics. Half of the stores don't even have English speaking employees.
Posted By: 116th_street

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 11:22 PM

Can I ask what you meant by the Cali example, Gangstereport?

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 11:38 PM

He's saying he has a place to congregate even if it's not a traditional social club.

No idea if it's true.
Posted By: 116th_street

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/04/16 11:42 PM

He's saying he has a place to congregate even if it's not a traditional social club.

No idea if it's true.

Yeah, I figured. I know quiet dom had that restaurant in the Bronx, for example. I was just curious where Cali held / holds court.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 12:22 AM

I wonder how many people's lives were ruined to put her through law school.
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

No pulling punches
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 12:55 AM

Dom did i miss something, wheres the updated pic of Barney?.......wait disregard I see the pics now, wasnt able to delete this wasted post, my apologies boys

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 12:57 AM

Can't speak for anyone else but it's not an ego thing for me lol .

This is a message board and for me at least we can sometimes spend too much time discussing titles which are rarely so cut and dry in that life . ( or rankings etc.)

My personal preference is too talk about the moves , speculate on how he is handling things, basically the game.

I doubt anyone is starting shit , just want to talk about the game smile
Posted By: Yonkers

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 01:21 AM

From your comment and the icon or whatever you call it seems like you really despise these people. Do you work for some form of law enforcement?

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 02:02 AM

That a bad thing?

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 02:03 AM

he has? i thought he took over muscarella's bronx based crew. i know muscarella was 116th street capo at one point but i thought he ran a separate east bronx crew after. i could see these guys rotating capos.

falcetti got taken down by one of the biggest bumbling idiots of a snitch in recent mob history. the fact that him and members of his crew let some reality tv reject get that close to him doesnt look good. plus falcetti was a capo and was directly loaning the snitch money?? come on

My understanding is that Bellomo and Muscarella are from the same crew. Both were acting bosses and on the ruling panel. Falcetti is also from that crew and appears to be the captain now. Like Nigro was captain before and Moscatiello was acting captain.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 03:08 AM

Yaeh nigro acting or bumped to capo when that guy Ernie m was in jail in the early 2000s n was bumped to acting boss pretty quick its in nitro appeal that Springfield reporter posted. Pat deluca was a capo to n buster ardito all in that area during them years its says. Just thinking we know the mob doesn't have nothing like they did 20 30 years ago but for the first time no only the 5 families but Philly and new england have bosses in place. The decaf family boss riggi died so I'm sure they replaced him probably at his funeral. And the federal prison system keeps all the lcn guys in contact.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 03:29 AM

Lol @ moe Tilden. ohhh no some killers got killed. Oh my god some guy paid a lot of juice because he couldn't stop gambling. Whose lives were ruined? let's be real, maybe there are better causes to fight for

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 04:31 AM

Quote:
Yet numerous local and federal law enforcement officials confirm that Barney Bellomo is the reigning boss of the powerful Genovese crime family while overseeing a lucrative empire of his own.

These sources say Bellomo earns substantial rental income every month from numerous apartment buildings worth millions of dollars that he owns in the Bronx and northern suburbs — where he still resides when he is not in his Miami Beach condo on Collins Avenue.

Bellomo also has financial interests in construction companies that he uses to repair and refurbish rundown apartment buildings he buys, the law enforcement sources say.

I think those apartment complexes are run through Agency Premier Group, which his son Salvatore oversees. Other sons, Liborio Jr and Michael, manage Optimus Installation.

Some on the forums have said Bellomo also owns a large building off the West Side Highway, as well as a strip mall in North Miami. Not sure if the Florida property is run by a company called JM Real Estate/Investment Enterprises. Others have said he also owns companies that leases heavy equipment (Acord Equipment Leasing?) and do sewer clearing. According to past articles he owned a waste hauling company at one point. His cousin, Liborio T Bellomo, runs Sigma Builders.

Originally Posted By: pmac
Yaeh nigro acting or bumped to capo when that guy Ernie m was in jail in the early 2000s n was bumped to acting boss pretty quick its in nitro appeal that Springfield reporter posted. Pat deluca was a capo to n buster ardito all in that area during them years its says. Just thinking we know the mob doesn't have nothing like they did 20 30 years ago but for the first time no only the 5 families but Philly and new england have bosses in place. The decaf family boss riggi died so I'm sure they replaced him probably at his funeral. And the federal prison system keeps all the lcn guys in contact.

I don't think anyone in New England has been identified as official boss since Manocchio stepped down, or acting boss since Spagnolo was indicted. People may bring up Limone but it appears he was only acting boss for a time and was succeeded by Anthony DiNunzio. Some reports have floated the possibility of Carmine DiNunzio having taken over but I dont think that's been verified yet.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 08:00 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

My understanding is that Bellomo and Muscarella are from the same crew. Both were acting bosses and on the ruling panel. Falcetti is also from that crew and appears to be the captain now. Like Nigro was captain before and Moscatiello was acting captain.

thanks. yeah we talk about how much of a powerhouse this crew is and how most of its captains rise to the administration. do you think since falcetti is captain of this crew now, is it safe to say that muscarella has some sort of admin position?

also, falcetti is in prison afaik...for a while. so someone must be acting for him. any ideas?

do you have a 116th street crew succession chart? figured you would be the one to ask lol. doesnt even have to be from way back, im just curious who ran this crew since gigante's death.

lastly, cirillo wasnt a part of this crew right? he had his own crew? wonder who is running that now

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 08:16 AM

thanks. yeah we talk about how much of a powerhouse this crew is and how most of its captains rise to the administration. do you think since falcetti is captain of this crew now, is it safe to say that muscarella has some sort of admin position?

also, falcetti is in prison afaik...for a while. so someone must be acting for him. any ideas?

do you have a 116th street crew succession chart? figured you would be the one to ask lol. doesnt even have to be from way back, im just curious who ran this crew since gigante's death.

lastly, cirillo wasnt a part of this crew right? he had his own crew? wonder who is running that now
think Daniel pagano was running cirillo's crew until he was indicted last year

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Lol @ moe Tilden. ohhh no some killers got killed. Oh my god some guy paid a lot of juice because he couldn't stop gambling. Whose lives were ruined? let's be real, maybe there are better causes to fight for

Deadbeat gamblers, down on their luck businessmen and drug addicts aren't killers.

Bellomo is a murdering shitbag. And other people's money paid for his daughter's education so she could be house counsel for the mob.

It is what it is.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 02:58 PM

Walked around the accident in TriBeCa this am and things could get ugly for some folks .
14 has a tremendous amount of power. Not on the longshoreman level which we saw the sheer power last week , but them vs developers is in a major major battle
Posted By: BennyB

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 04:45 PM

Here's a couple photos of the social club from google maps

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 04:59 PM

Can it be any more obvious? lol

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 06:01 PM

I think they know the Feds will know it's a social club whatever they do, so why bother pretending.

Probably a valuable piece of real estate.

Nice post by the way BennyB
Posted By: BennyB

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 06:18 PM

Thanks. Also I'd like to echo what someone said earlier about this part of the city. Yes it's technically in the Lower East Side (LES) but this area is near the water and feels very deserted. It's mostly housing projects and little foot traffic. The LES is a very hot place to live - a party neighborhood, but not this part. Most people in Manhattan probably haven't even heard of Market and Cherry Street so this is a pretty good place to stay out of sight.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 07:20 PM

Was hoping I'd see Pizzaboy post in here. Anyone know if he's ever coming back?

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 11:47 PM

Deadbeat gamblers, down on their luck businessmen and drug addicts aren't killers.

Bellomo is a murdering shitbag. And other people's money paid for his daughter's education so she could be house counsel for the mob.

It is what it is.

"could be house counsel for the mob"

what a disgusting comment. I understand you having a problem with barney i agree he is a mobster a crimnal i agree but dont have that opinion of his daughter how the fuck do you know she is house counsel for the mob.

That is disgusting comment your judging her on who her father is she did not choose her fathers way of life. Yes she cried for her father in court so that makes her a bad person? she missed her father have some fucking sympathy

she is a lawyer ok do you even know if she has ever represented any mobster? no you dont that is guessing your assuming that because of her father. Capeci, pizza and everyone always says his kids are very legit people good people i dont think barney would put his own blood near any mob guy even if it was in court

imagine if you were in her shoes stop making assumptions about something you know nothing about. She wanted to be a lawyer so what there is loads of lawyers because of her last name she is going to become house counsel for the mob

one of the worst comments i have seen on this site dont judge someone on there family members

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/05/16 11:59 PM

I think it's disgusting to overlook things like this when neglecting to mention how she was put through law school. When other people's parents work their asses off to put their children through school.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news...rticle-1.701696

Not to mention Everett Hatcher, the prosecutors and jurists whose families and children have been threatened over the years, the civilians injured & killed during the Colombo War, Kubecka/Barstow murders, profiting over 9/11....

Want me to go on some more?

Don't come at me with the moral high ground G.R.

It's not a battle you are going to win. I'm not a keyboard gangster or mafia fantasist (shout out to my detractors).

I'm no fanboy and have no real inclination towards defending them or lionising them.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 12:24 AM

I think it's disgusting to overlook things like this when neglecting to mention how she was put through law school. When other people's parents work their asses off to put their children through school.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news...rticle-1.701696

Not to mention Everett Hatcher, the prosecutors and jurists whose families and children have been threatened over the years, the civilians injured & killed during the Colombo War, Kubecka/Barstow murders, profiting over 9/11....

Want me to go on some more?

Don't come at me with the moral high ground G.R.

It's not a battle you are going to win. I'm not a keyboard gangster or mafia fantasist (shout out to my detractors).

I'm no fanboy and have no real inclination towards defending them or lionising them.

what the fuck does that have to do with barneys daughter going to law school that link was during the colombo war i dont understand the relation

i agree these guys are scum bags they are all scumbags my point is how can you look down at barneys daughter when she has not done anything wrong? its not her fault that her father was a mobster. She did not choose to be the daughter of a mobster

and what annoyed me even more was you claiming she is house counsel for the mob when that is complete bullshit

your making assumptions

the kids dont make a choice in how there fathers or family members have/had made a living dont blame them blame the parents.

I am no moralist but this is a bit personal my point is you cant blame the kids they did not choose how there familys made a living and cant accuse them of being mobsters "house counsel" because they are lawyers
Posted By: Azure

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 12:31 AM

Wow, I wasn't aware Moe Tilden actually sensibly replied to posts instead of drabbling off a few half witted one line comments.

I guess you learn something every day
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Azure
Wow, I wasn't aware Moe Tilden actually sensibly replied to posts instead of drabbling off a few half witted one line comments.

I guess you learn something every day

Yes every now and again he will hop up on his soapbox to preach at us mere mortals, but lets not take him to seriously. He will preach at and chastise everyone and their brother on here about being a mob apologist to some degree, which ok fine there are certainly people on here that deserve it. But then moe with his holier than thou self will turn around and stick up for a scumbag like joe kennedy just bc hes a fellow irishmen. And when he was called out for his moralist inconsistency, he just disappeared from the thread entirely. The only thing that makes moe different from the other fanboys and apologists on here is that he is also a hypocrite. I guess what im trying to say is, sincerely moe kill yourself.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 01:07 AM

I'm as quick to get on my moral soapbox as anyone and am happy to do so here.

Relatively speaking, Bellomo seems to have raised his kids better than many mob guys. But let's not kid ourselves about where their financial resources to go to school and opportunity to be in business came from. Yes, they couldn't pick who their father is but they essentially choose to turn a blind eye to what he is. His daughter certainly did that when she joined his defense team. But having an amoral view of things, and routinely defending the guilty, is to be expected of criminal defense attorneys.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 01:29 AM

When have I ever said anything about John F. Kennedy here? I have had people make deranged comments about him in a tit-for-tat kind of deal ostensibly because (a) I hit a raw nerve by not being a mafia fanboy, (b) I don't hate cops, (c) I don't hate the government and (d) we are both ethnically Irish. Yes. I have also being on the receiving end of bigotry here because I happen to be ethnically Irish. Not going to take it personally. Ivy has caught shrapnel because he is assumed to be Mormon since he's from Utah. Still I am really confused as to why people keep bringing up JFK to try and spite me, since I have never even brought him up on this forum.

Dellacroce, it is not healthy to tell people to kill themselves on forums. And it is not healthy to make hateful comments about presidents - living or dead - of your country, regardless of their ethnic backgrounds.

All because I don't worship gangsters!

Something I'll never understand is how the same imbeciles lionising the mafia are the first to make racist comments about black criminals and problems with crime in the African American community.

Hypocritical much?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 01:30 AM

She's not even a criminal attorney, Moe. She has her own, small, general practice business, often working directly from home. She's more likely to help you close a real estate deal or handle a bankruptcy than defend a client in criminal court. So how is that "house counsel" to the mob?

If you made your argument for a kid like Jo-Jo Junior, I'd be the first one to agree with you. He wants to be a wiseguy more than he wants to be a lawyer, and I think that he'll eventually get disbarred for it.

But Sabrina? Please. She has a cousin. Same age and gender. Same last name. And she's also an attorney, but downtown. But her old man isn't famous, so she doesn't get any of this shit. Nor should she, for she's a fine lawyer and a decent person.

You and I don't see eye-to-eye on much, Moe. But I do appreciate you mentioning that I have a sense of humor in a thread that was brought to my attention by a friend today. I haven't even lurked the Internet in months for personal reasons that I don't care to get into right now. So two things:

1) You can choose your friends but you can't choose your family.

2) Sabrina's situation is nothing like you posted. That's a fact, not an opinion. So it's not something I'll ever "agree to disagree" with.

And I'll just add that her brothers are nowhere near the life either. Managing your Dad's legit properties isn't a crime. I hope to have my son or one of my daughters do the same for me some day soon.

I hope all is well "across the pond," Moe. But I can't get stressed, that's why I've been laying off the Internet. Arguing with people who you don't even know isn't worth dropping dead of a heart attack for.

This is a one post "comeback." And if you notice, I didn't get into the main topic of Barney at all, except to say that I posted most of that stuff years ago---the buildings, the closeness of his immediate family, the Florida property, which is actually not in Miami Beach, it's in Bal Harbour. Call it semantics, but a journalist should get the minor details right. And a few other things.

Point being, I only dropped by tonight to defend a young lady who was raised as well as a member of the gentry. So like I said, this is a one post "comeback" because I can't get stressed out. But I hope to be back some day.

Thanks to all of my friends here. I like to think that I have more of you guys than I have critics. But even if I don't, none of the negativity can touch some of the nice things said about me in my absence by you guys. I am humbled. Hope to be posting soon.

PB

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 01:34 AM

I will make one concession. I shouldn't have said she was "house counsel for the mob" without knowing the full details but I stand by my broader points.

And PB, I know we come from two completely different viewpoints and have had acrimony in the past but I appreciate and respect your right to beg to differ.

Don't get stressed out over what I say. We're both stubborn guys.

I just really hate what Dellacroce said.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 01:51 AM

[/b]Deadbeat gamblers, down on their luck businessmen and drug addicts aren't killers.[b]

It is what it is.

No they aren't, but they aren't getting killed either.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

She's not even a criminal attorney, Moe. She has her own, small, general practice business, often working directly from home. She's more likely to help you close a real estate deal or handle a bankruptcy than defend a client in criminal court. So how is that "house counsel" to the mob?

If you made your argument for a kid like Jo-Jo Junior, I'd be the first one to agree with you. He wants to be a wiseguy more than he wants to be a lawyer, and I think that he'll eventually get disbarred for it.

But Sabrina? Please. She has a cousin. Same age and gender. Same last name. And she's also an attorney, but downtown. But her old man isn't famous, so she doesn't get any of this shit. Nor should she, for she's a fine lawyer and a decent person.

You and I don't see eye-to-eye on much, Moe. But I do appreciate you mentioning that I have a sense of humor in a thread that was brought to my attention to me by a friend today. I haven't even lurked the Internet in months for personal reasons that I don't care to get into right now. So two things:

1) You can choose your friends but you can't choose your family.

2) Sabrina's situation is nothing like you posted. That's a fact, not an opinion. So it's not something I'll ever "agree to disagree" with.

And I'll just add that her brothers are nowhere near the life either. Managing your Dad's legit properties isn't a crime. I hope to have my son or one of my daughters do the same for me some day soon.

I hope all is well "across the pond," Moe. But I can't get stressed, that's why I've been laying off the Internet. Arguing with people who you don't even know isn't worth dropping dead of a heart attack for.

This is a one post "comeback." And if you notice, I didn't get into the main topic of Barney at all, except to say that I posted most of that stuff years ago---the buildings, the closeness of his immediate family, the Florida property, which is actually not in Miami Beach, it's in Bal Harbour. Call it semantics, but a journalist should get the minor details right. And a few other things.

Point being, I only dropped by tonight to defend a young lady who was raised as well as a member of the gentry. So like I said, this is a one post "comeback" because I can't get stressed out. But I hope to be back some day.

Thanks to all of my friends here. I like to think that I have more of you guys than I have critics. But even if I don't, none of the negativity can touch some of the nice things said about me in my absence by you guys. I am humbled. Hope to be posting soon.

PB

Good to see you back, PB.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 03:11 AM

Moe, do you really expect every mobster kid to renounce their parents?

It's just an unrealistic thing to ask. She's not a criminal. Leave her out of it.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 03:12 AM

PB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mate!

You sir, were much missed.
Sincerely hope you and yours are ok.
I'll send you a note, but in the meantime, Salut.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 03:56 AM

Moe, do you really expect every mobster kid to renounce their parents?

It's just an unrealistic thing to ask. She's not a criminal. Leave her out of it.

Not renounce but maybe be honest with themselves about who their fathers are.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 05:19 AM

How do you know how honest she is? All of you are so quick to judge. I get judging a mobster. But his daughter? Because she loves her dad? Chill.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 06:00 AM

What would be the point of switching from a ruling panel to one boss?

Is it possible this info is being put out into the public domain in preparation for new indictments against the "new boss"?

It would be somwhat more difficult to make a [RICO] case that someone is on a panel, wouldn't it?

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 08:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Is it possible this info is being put out into the public domain in preparation for new indictments against the "new boss"?

It would be somwhat more difficult to make a [RICO] case that someone is on a panel, wouldn't it?

The feds dont just make this stuff up. Capeci has both law enforcement and underworld sources confirming Bellomo is the boss. And the feds could bring an indictment either way. If you look at mob cases, the prosecution will often spell out every position the guy has had right up until the present.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 05:03 PM

The feds dont just make this stuff up. Capeci has both law enforcement and underworld sources confirming Bellomo is the boss. And the feds could bring an indictment either way. If you look at mob cases, the prosecution will often spell out every position the guy has had right up until the present.

Those are good points, but it bears noting, that the feds also thought Salerno was the boss, when it was really Gigante. Therefore there information isn't always faultless. I think we should actually wait until someone like the present boss of the Genovese is indicted so that we can review the evidence against him. It will spell out the government's theory and case.

You could be right though.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 05:13 PM

Moe what do you want his daughter to do? What her dad does for a living is beyond her control.

She could of easily gone the route of being a "housewife" for some random wiseguy but instead she became a completely legitimate lawyer and that is still not enough for you.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 05:15 PM

That was the mid 80's though. They only started investing proper resources in their fight against the mafia towards the end of the 1970's, after Hoover had virtually given them (mafia) free reign for a half-century.

Salerno was fulfilling all the roles a don would fulfil. He was, for intents and purposes, the boss. But yes, as time progressed it proved that Gigante was the power.

Totally different landscape and resources now.

As for the Lifetime movie saga of the Bellomo family.

http://nypost.com/2007/07/24/miracle-sentence-for-mob-boss/

Quote:
In a breach of the Mafia’s oath of silence, Bellomo acknowledged in court papers last week that he once ran the Genovese crime family – but claimed he found religion in prison and dropped out of the mob.

“Barney was acting boss up until his conviction in 1997, but since then, he has not had any role in the affairs of the Genovese crime family,” Levin said.

Describing Bellomo’s life behind bars, Levin told Kaplan the former mob big “has changed his life. He became religious and has spent the last 11 years trying to keep his kids on the straight and narrow.”

Looks like he found religion alright.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 08:46 PM

Those are good points, but it bears noting, that the feds also thought Salerno was the boss, when it was really Gigante. Therefore there information isn't always faultless. I think we should actually wait until someone like the present boss of the Genovese is indicted so that we can review the evidence against him. It will spell out the government's theory and case.

You could be right though.

People need to stop bringing up the Salerno thing - talk about an exception to the rule - as an excuse to call the feds into question whenever they feel like it.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 08:48 PM

Gigante took over the family mid 50tys so Barney's following in his footsteps. Wonder where powerful guy Dan Leo fits in or his he retired. I no this is from 2004 but Angelo prisco was having a discussion with a informant and he would prefer barney over Leo as new boss you can find it on here somewhere. Barney old acting underboss mickey died a few months back probaly a large turn out for his.funeral was there anything reported on it. Feds flipd massino and all the damage he did is basically moot now. The family's are back to where they were around 2000. But Vinny gorgeous is gone for life.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 08:50 PM

It is what it is.

Moe i see your point about law school funding coming from her dads illicit funds, but to be fair we dont know if he paid for it or she took out 1/4 mil in loans like i did which can and is making me nauseous just thinking about...

But whatever the money situation is is irrelevant.. Law school is insanely difficult as is passing the bar exam especially in NY which is the hardest exam in the country... Her father and his job had absolutely no bearing on her getting into law school, keepin her grades up to remain in and graduating... So beyond the speculation that she may have had it paid for from gambling proceeds she should be commended for her profession and your other broader points dont make much sense

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Moe what do you want his daughter to do? What her dad does for a living is beyond her control.

She could of easily gone the route of being a "housewife" for some random wiseguy but instead she became a completely legitimate lawyer and that is still not enough for you.

Nicky - exactly solid point buddy couldnt agree more
Posted By: GetALife

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/06/16 11:02 PM

We are in a time period where people realize the government is corrupt and the media is used to sell nonsense to the people, yet we are quoting and speculating on news paper articles.
If there is no "Organized Crime" there is no "Organized Crime" task force and then the "Organized Crime" tasks force looses their cushy job and have to go chase terrorists. So what do you do? You put together a story with more gaping holes than a kardashian, and wait for people to chirp about it on their spare time while other people are busy working.
if anyone was an expert on this lifestyle and what this individual is doing, you'd realize the only reason for the Govt trying to build him up to put him away is because he is peaceful. That's bad for the "Organized crime" task force business. They'd rather everything play out like a gangster movie and let repeat murderers and drug dealers back out on the streets. This isn't rocket science this is a business question for all of the scholars on this forum. If you're in the business of putting away "Criminals" do you want peace? Or do you want chaos so you're guaranteed a job?
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 12:02 AM

I love your line about "more gaping holes than a Kardashian".

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 01:52 AM

Thank You sir
Posted By: Canoliking

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 02:54 AM

I 100% agree with you!!! GetALife is smart he's totally correct.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 03:30 AM

Let's put this in other words, if the task force/Law enforcement feel he's so smart, and he's conducting illegal activities, why put it in the paper to tip him off? The issue is they feel that we're so stupid and will fall for their nonsense. Not rocket science. I'm guessing that at least 85% of the people on this forum are Italian, if so why are we discriminating against our own kind by trying to set him and others up for failure? If he or any other of these people being discussed were black, this would be racist, there would be up roars and this forum would be illegal. I have had the burden of working on several of these cases being discussed and if you had to see and listen to evidence for hours upon hours, you'd be upset on how our own government hides evidence, and absolutely ignores what doesn't fit into their script and ruining people's families. It's an absolute disgrace

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 03:41 AM

Totally agree again! Ur writing exactly what I've said almost verbatim. Question... Who gives the information for the newspapers to write?? Because what I think is the FBI is actually creating false evidence by putting this stuff in the newspapers, in the hope that people read it than repeat it ( like it's true) and hopefully the FBI picks up on wiretap. Than their lies become " true". Someone else is saying it now. Not them creating it from the start.
Posted By: SC

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 03:53 AM

Oh great. Another mutual admiration society has joined the GBB today. rolleyes

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 04:28 AM

Lol SC you are the best

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 06:51 AM

Originally Posted By: GetALife
We are in a time period where people realize the government is corrupt and the media is used to sell nonsense to the people, yet we are quoting and speculating on news paper articles.
If there is no "Organized Crime" there is no "Organized Crime" task force and then the "Organized Crime" tasks force looses their cushy job and have to go chase terrorists. So what do you do? You put together a story with more gaping holes than a kardashian, and wait for people to chirp about it on their spare time while other people are busy working.
if anyone was an expert on this lifestyle and what this individual is doing, you'd realize the only reason for the Govt trying to build him up to put him away is because he is peaceful. That's bad for the "Organized crime" task force business. They'd rather everything play out like a gangster movie and let repeat murderers and drug dealers back out on the streets. This isn't rocket science this is a business question for all of the scholars on this forum. If you're in the business of putting away "Criminals" do you want peace? Or do you want chaos so you're guaranteed a job?

Please take your pills before posting.
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 08:34 AM

Shifting gears, any background on DiChiaria?

People spend a lot of time on the familiar names, I never hear of these DiChiarias or Victor Colletti types...

@Moe
I hear what you are saying, but this is an example where........

You guys remember the scene from the Wire' where DeAngelo is like telling all, and from the looks on their faces, the disgust of his public defender, the satisfaction of the police, to them it's just a good case. People don't get it, like he said YOU ARE BORN INTO THIS SHIT, people think you pick n choose like you join a goddamn fraternity or some shit.

It reminds me a bit of military guys. You ever try to talk about combat with a guy from the military? If you have never experienced it, they won't even talk about it with a civilian, cause they will never understand.
Don't beat the girl up too bad, it's not realistic to expect her to what, run away from home, at what, 10? 15? Come on man, YOU do that, lol.....

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 04:38 PM

Funny...but GetALife is right. Sounds like he's been in these courtrooms and seen the circus act that goes on. Did you ever wonder why there are no cameras allowed in the federal courts during a trial??? They do not want the people to know what goes on. All the motioning between the judges and the prosecutors. It's literally a 3 ring circus where the judge and the prosecutors are the ringmasters!

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 04:44 PM

Good night thread....

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 05:28 PM

Lol probably one of the only people on this site that are actually from
NYC that has any insight on anything, that goes onto this site to view how people, (such as yourself) have no life and speak like wash women after their daily soaps are over. Kudos to you because you live like one of the rats on each and every case 👏🏽

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 05:43 PM

Yes, yes. We know. The feds, prosecutors, and judges are the bad guys. The mobsters are the good guys. Bellomo is a model citizen. A pillar of the community. A beacon of truth and candidate for sainthood. And fortunately we have the NY guys (because who could know better?) here to give us the facts, mark the path, and show us all the way.

Why do I feel like I've seen this show before?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzx

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 05:58 PM

Ivy Dont get mouse trapd skip past it. Carolina 24 Denver 20 Peyton poops himself in the end but they cover.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 05:59 PM

Hahaha when you refer to IvyLeague, is that on the short Bus? Or were you head of your law enforcement class in Kansas City?
Do I know better? Yes, I've worked for many of organized crime attorneys as opposed to..: let's say you, on your 1990's hp, staring out of your barn window looking at the goat you're going to plow later, then sign onto an organized crime website to make you feel like a tough guy.
The difference between a person like me and... You is I learn hands on. If I want to know about something I get a job and form an opponion, while you read 3rd party opinions and think you know somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
Shifting gears, any background on DiChiaria?

People spend a lot of time on the familiar names, I never hear of these DiChiarias or Victor Colletti types...

DiChiara, of course, was caught up in that big Genovese bust in 2001. He was charged with gambling, extortion, and stock fraud, among other things. Back then Ross Gangi was running that crew and later both DiChiara and Sammy Aparo would be acting captain. More recently his involvement in the newspaper industry as been investigated, which Capeci touched on briefly in his article.

Coletti is part of the crew once run by Tony Parkside and now Anthony Romanello. He was caught up in a big gambling bust in Queens back in 2004 that involved the Genovese and Bonanno families. More recently his involvement in the car service industry has been reported on.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 06:13 PM

Ivy Dont get mouse trapd skip past it. Carolina 24 Denver 20 Peyton poops himself in the end but they cover.

Hope you're wrong but afraid you may be right. I'm not a Broncos fan but am a Manning fan and would love to see the Broncos upset, Manning redeem himself after his last two Super Bowls, and go out with a second ring.

Hahaha when you refer to IvyLeague, is that on the short Bus? Or were you head of your law enforcement class in Kansas City?
Do I know better? Yes, I've worked for many of organized crime attorneys as opposed to..: let's say you, on your 1990's hp, staring out of your barn window looking at the goat you're going to plow later, then sign onto an organized crime website to make you feel like a tough guy.
The difference between a person like me and... You is I learn hands on. If I want to know about something I get a job and form an opponion, while you read 3rd party opinions and think you know somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody.

I don't know who you've been talking to, or maybe you're just on something, but you've got several things wrong. Contrary to popular rumor, I've never been a member of law enforcement. I was a juvenile probation officer, but that deals more with the courts, and I dont do that anymore. I've never been to Kansas City.

You can play the act of being the savvy insider from NY here to clue all us country bumpkins in of the facts but nobody is going to buy it. These forums have seen a legion of internet pretenders like yourself come and go. The surest sign of these types is the "I'm from NY line and you really have to be from there to know" line. You played that card almost immediately. Oops.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 06:18 PM

Does the name Lindley Devecchio ring any bells for you? As I recall he was an FBI agent who was worse than any of these guys you all talk about on here. I'll bet there are plenty more like him too out there. They hate smart people, because they are so dumb themselves. The smart guys they try to frame are bad for business, and that is a fact!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 06:19 PM

Two guys join up the same day, become instant fans of each other, yet become belligerent when it comes to long standing members. And they both signed up THE SAME DAY that I made my first post in months. Familiar, much?

I'm not catching another heart attack for nobody. And after today or tomorrow, I won't be posting again at all because I'm heading south to recuperate in a more serene setting. I'll be back in a month or so. I'm only making this post for the benefit of the boards and the good-willed, longtime members here. And of course for the mods.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 06:21 PM

That's not the only strange thing about the timing of cheech and chong joining the boards.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Canoliking
Does the name Lindley Devecchio ring any bells for you? As I recall he was an FBI agent who was worse than any of these guys you all talk about on here. I'll bet there are plenty more like him too out there. They hate smart people, because they are so dumb themselves. The smart guys they try to frame are bad for business, and that is a fact!

Yes, because Devecchio is totally the rule and not the exception, right? rolleyes

Two guys join up the same day, become instant fans of each other, yet become belligerent when it comes to long standing members. And they both signed up THE SAME DAY that I made my first post in months. Familiar, much?

I'm not catching another heart attack for nobody. And after today or tomorrow, I won't be posting again at all because I'm heading south to recuperate in a more serene setting. I'll be back in a month or so. I'm only making this post for the benefit of the boards and the good-willed. longtime members here. And of course for the mods.

Well said. Just the latest trolls. They never go away.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 06:28 PM

Hope you're wrong but afraid you may be right. I'm not a Broncos fan but am a Manning fan and would love to see the Broncos upset, Manning redeem himself after his last two Super Bowls, and go out with a second ring.

I don't know who you've been talking to, or maybe you're just on something, but you've got several things wrong. Contrary to popular rumor, I've never been a member of law enforcement. I was a juvenile probation officer, but that deals more with the courts, and I dont do that anymore. I've never been to Kansas City.

You can play the act of being the savvy insider from NY here to clue all us country bumpkins in of the facts but nobody is going to buy it. These forums have seen a legion of internet pretenders like yourself come and go. The surest sign of these types is the "I'm from NY line and you really have to be from there to know" line. You played that card almost immediately. Oops.

ivy dont let them get a rise out of you they want you to react they are hoping for a reaction

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 06:34 PM

ivy dont let them get a rise out of you they want you to react they are hoping for a reaction

I know. I just wanted to clarify some things. Seems most see right through these guys.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 06:36 PM

I'm not catching another heart attack for nobody. And after today or tomorrow, I won't be posting again at all because I'm heading south to recuperate in a more serene setting. I'll be back in a month or so. I'm only making this post for the benefit of the boards and the good-willed, longtime members here. And of course for the mods.

I have not been on this site as long as alot of the guys here but even in the time i have been here it is obvious your the best poster on this site. Dont let these certain losers put you down wish you all the best.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 07:45 PM

Not everyone is good and not everyone is bad. Bad agents happen. Bad prosecutors and bad ppl in general. Theres another agent doing 10 years in Boston for helping Whitey Bulger right now. I'm just saying not all these guys you post about are bad. And not all the Agents are good.

BTW...GetALife and I do not know eachother. I thought it quite funny what you said about familiar. I just thought this was an OPEN forum where people with open minds come. Not just one-sided or tunnel vision.....

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 08:09 PM

They are all bad. They are not foaming at the mouth monsters either, but they are all bad. You have to kill someone to get made. You have to be willing to lie, cheat, steal, rob whomever, whenever to get made. I am sure they have some redeeming human qualities but you could say that about literally any human being that has ever existed.

About what.... 0.25% of FBI agents are corrupted?

Your logic is harebrained.

To quote Anthony Casso: "I did 50 years on the street with the worst f***in' people.."

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 08:31 PM

Cheech and chong? Your reference to something that was on tv before color units shows you type with two fingers.
Second two people joining? No clue what you're talking about but apparently you're on some conspiracy theory shit. What's next?
Uh the two new guys are "the two yutes" in the article....
Nothing gets passed you guyssssss OH faghetaboutit!
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 08:32 PM

SC Please close this thread or put these dickheads on a vacation!!! Thnx!

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 08:36 PM

Ohhhh this guys making threats!? Makem swim w tha fishies

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 08:38 PM

This is an open forum. If people disagree w you, you're gonna "Send them on vacation"? That's close minded and ignorant. I thought we were here to have intelligent conversation?

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 08:48 PM

As far as this particular thread is concerned, you're all making allegations on a skinny fucking guy that apparently people don't like because he never hurt anybody. Doesn't fit the shoes of a mob boss, yet you one toof hicks are here making comments about him his family and others. This isn't defending him or anyone, I personally do not care for Italians but I am smart enough to know that if a person is accused of murders and the govt has valid evidence, WHY WOULD YOU PLEA A PERSON OUT? I'll give some of "you's" "chree" minutes to think about it
Posted By: sittite

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 08:55 PM

F*ck a heart attack!!!!! Get down south -soak up those rays and get better!!!

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 09:04 PM

"Catching" another heart attack might not be the worst thing for you. Sometimes when people have near death experiences they have a better outlook on life.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 09:09 PM

I'd like to point out these stereotypical "I-Talian" phrases you cartoon gangsters use. When you see the "Guy wit da thing down south tell him ougots says Ayyyy"
Posted By: helenwheels

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 09:14 PM

Sock puppet party...

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 09:35 PM

I'd like to point out these stereotypical "I-Talian" phrases you cartoon gangsters use. When you see the "Guy wit da thing down south tell him ougots says Ayyyy"

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 09:39 PM

NOWAY I COULD POST PICTURES ON THIS SITE?! I thought it was made for the "Simple folk"

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 09:59 PM

NOWAY I COULD POST PICTURES ON THIS SITE?! I thought it was made for the "Simple folk"

Oh really?? You should see what I can do!! I can add backgrounds to make it pink, and even add stickers!!

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 10:03 PM

That is amazing!
Let's get back the subject at hand. Captain crunch is the new Consigliere? Oh! Can you make me a photo of "Johnny" and "Tommy 5 fingers" playing Rock Paper Scissors?

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 10:07 PM

That is amazing!
Let's get back the subject at hand. Captain crunch is the new Consigliere? Oh! Can you make me a photo of "Johnny" and "Tommy 5 fingers" playing Rock Paper Scissors?

Well, you see I could do that but I have no love for you. In fact, you're fucking up this thread because you are a troublemaker.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 10:10 PM

That is amazing!

Jesus fuckin christ will you fuck off or wrap ur lips around a revolver already?

Seriously were all here to discuss and debate stuff about OC you fuckin jizz gargling weirdo. No one likes you, respects you, or would give any sort of a fuck if u dropped dead today...To take time out of ur day to make not 1, but at least 10 fake profiles on an internet mob forum to harass people, and wish ill will on a solid guy like PB is so pathetic and fuckin disturbing theres not enough xanex or anti-psychotic meds on earth for you..So i say this will all due respect, but fuck yourself and let the adults get back to discussing an interesting mob topic

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 10:16 PM

Please excuse me God father lol
Let's start with the fact that I'm using something called a "Smart phone" so while I'm about my day I will absolutely take the time to put a bunch of "Wanna be" tough guys in place.
I was judged by voicing my opinion on a public forum, and luckily for you I am under 30 and know how to wok a mobile device that is not a pacemaker. So "Wit all due respect don MikeyBalls I means no disrespect to tha fan-ily

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/07/16 10:36 PM

"Catching" another heart attack might not be the worst thing for you. Sometimes when people have near death experiences they have a better outlook on life.

What a terrible thing to say. Even for a little [BadWord] like you.

Go somewhere else to post this shit, and take your little imaginary friend with you.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/08/16 04:33 AM

Thank you SC. That was so ROTTEN what he posted. Sick.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/08/16 04:28 PM

What a horrible thing to say to PB.

Obviously you knew of him before you "registered" here to have such hostility towards him.

When does this fella go to court again? I thought it was November of last year?

Postponed?

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/08/16 04:41 PM

Jeezzz...leave GetALife alone. He's just stating his opinion ( like everyone else) on this forum. And I happen to agree with him. Nothing more.

On a separate note... When Trump wins the election I hope he picks Bellomo as his running mate!
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/08/16 04:49 PM

Shut the fuck up, telling someone catching another heart attack would be a benefit for them, isnt an opinion. Its just an asshole thing to say. And the fact that you "agree with him", is just proving everyones point. Youre either the same person, or two fags in a relationship.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/08/16 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Canoliking
Jeezzz...leave GetALife alone. He's just stating his opinion ( like everyone else) on this forum. And I happen to agree with him. Nothing more.

You're still here? Your alter-ego was supposed to take you with him but I guess he forgot.

HEY, SOMEBODY HOLD THE DOOR OPEN .... THIS CREME-FILLED TUBE LICKER IS GETTING KICKED OUT. And would someone count how many times he bounces.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/08/16 05:10 PM

Thank fuck for that.

Back to your normal programming....

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/08/16 09:13 PM

Why do people waste their time like that? I'll never get it
Posted By: Flushing

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/09/16 07:49 AM

Originally Posted By: BennyB
Here's a couple photos of the social club from google maps

I may be labeled a "fanboy", but that is so awesome. An Italian social club in the middle of that neighborhood. And with mob ties to boot. I always though Knickerbocker village was mostly Bonanno. Guess not.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/09/16 08:06 PM

I personally do not care for Italians but I'll give some of "you's" "chree" minutes to think about it
Great way to introduce yourself to the board idiot !!
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 02/12/16 12:05 AM

pizzaboy how ya doing?
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss - 06/20/16 12:52 AM

that social club is extremely active. i drive by market and cherry 3-5 days a week for work and i see guys out there every time without fail in the morning. they're there pretty early, ive even seen 2 guys out there in the rain. they keep the door open and hang out inside and outside. wouldnt know whos who by face and it could always be some old knickerbocker village retirees just shooting the shit, but still... the article wasnt lying when it said that club is active

I'm bored and you sent me to Google.

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET