Home

Big Ndrangheta in Australia article

Posted By: IvyLeague

Big Ndrangheta in Australia article - 02/01/16 02:50 AM

Big article with lots of photos about the Ndrangheta families in Australia

How the Calabrian mafia came to Australia in the 1920s and brought murder and a billion dollar drug trade which is now controlled by 31 families across the nation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...drug-trade.html
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Big Ndrangheta in Australia article - 02/01/16 03:53 PM

Nice find Ivy, thanks for posting..
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Big Ndrangheta in Australia article - 02/01/16 04:10 PM

In Underbelly season 2 there are also the undrangheta with robert trimbole and the mckay murder.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Big Ndrangheta in Australia article - 02/01/16 04:25 PM

So that Trimbole guy was a made man in the Ndrangheta Furio??

That Alphone Gangitano character from season 1 was a big joke if you ask me, could never imagine myself such a guy being made..

Re: Big Ndrangheta in Australia article - 02/01/16 06:14 PM

There are some differences between gangitano and Trimbole. Gangitano and Mick Gatto founded the carlton crew in the early 80s in melbourne but was a gang of italian-australian and irish men not a real mafia family; where Trimbole was from griffith in the new south wales,was a drug baron first with the weed and after he made an alliance with terry clark for sell heroin. He was calabrian ordered the murder of the politician Donald Mackay in 1977,trimbole after clark arrest go on the lam and died of cancer in spain in 1987.

Watch the first and second season of underbelly,for me are the best.
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Big Ndrangheta in Australia article - 02/01/16 09:17 PM

I used to live in Perth Australia for 8 years, I remember in 2011 the mayor of my district got arrested by Italian authorities together with Australian federal police for being a member of the Calabrian Mafia. He had been caught on wire-taps over in Italy with high ranking leaders.
Its a strange thing over there in Australia, these guys are seriously invisible, its not like America, you never see charts or family structures etc. Only a few names ever leak out. These guys never seek the limelight like a Gotti or Merlino, there pretty old school.
I think unlike in America law enforcement is ill-equipped and inexperienced in dealing with Mafia.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Big Ndrangheta in Australia article - 02/01/16 09:27 PM

I am halfway through this new book about the Australian mafia

http://www.amazon.com/Evil-Life-story-Ca...evil+life+mafia

and it says Trimbole had powerful connections but wasn't actually a made member. It also says the McKay murder was decided on a meeting attended by other 2 important gangsters apart from Trimbole, but the book doesn't name them "for legal reasons" because the informant Gianfranco Tizzoni recanted the testimony against them. All in all, the book is very interesting, but there are too many names omitted "for legal reasons". I would say "fuck their privacy, name them so the world can know who these scumbags are!" If they are not in jail, they should at least get bad publicity.
Posted By: DiMaggio

Re: Big Ndrangheta in Australia article - 02/02/16 07:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
I am halfway through this new book about the Australian mafia

http://www.amazon.com/Evil-Life-story-Ca...evil+life+mafia

and it says Trimbole had powerful connections but wasn't actually a made member. It also says the McKay murder was decided on a meeting attended by other 2 important gangsters apart from Trimbole, but the book doesn't name them "for legal reasons" because the informant Gianfranco Tizzoni recanted the testimony against them. All in all, the book is very interesting, but there are too many names omitted "for legal reasons". I would say "fuck their privacy, name them so the world can know who these scumbags are!" If they are not in jail, they should at least get bad publicity.

The other two men were Francesco "little trees" Barbaro and Antonio Sergi. Barbaro being the highest ranking member of the Griffith cell at the time and Sergi being in charge of the cultivation side of the operation. Come out at the Woodward inquest into the McKay murder.

Re: Big Ndrangheta in Australia article - 02/02/16 07:15 PM

Quote:
and it says Trimbole had powerful connections but wasn't actually a made member

Yes but made or not,was of him the idea of pass from the weed to heroin and the alliance with Terry Clark.
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Big Ndrangheta in Australia article - 02/05/16 12:28 PM

This is just the latest incarnation of a very old blueprint;
This shit honestly goes all the way back to the opium wars, and the British East India Corporation....

Re: Big Ndrangheta in Australia article - 02/05/16 01:29 PM

In Australia during the vietnam war many american soldiers buy both weed and heroin.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET