Pernas Sentenced - 01/07/16 07:50 PM

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2016/...mepage-featured
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/07/16 07:55 PM

Say Pernas real quick.

Sounds like penis.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/07/16 09:18 PM

Looks like they have to do at least 5 years before being considered for parole.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/07/16 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Say Pernas real quick.

Sounds like penis.

Lol. Not in my accent.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/07/16 10:32 PM

No way they do the full sentences, NJ State system is notorious for early releases...
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/07/16 10:46 PM

8 years for gambling lol
Posted By: gangstereport

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/07/16 10:55 PM

They will all do half there sentences then get parole.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/07/16 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: gangstereport

4 years is still about four too many.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/07/16 11:44 PM

Multiply the number by 3 for parole eligibility in NJ off the flat number. IE: 8 flat = 24 month parole intelligibility. 10 flat = 30 months. Not bad at all. I had a 5 flat I did even less then 15 months because of ISP program. They could theoretically come home in like 3-5months but I doubt ISP is fucking with know OC candidates lol
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/07/16 11:57 PM

Strange that all these guys are heading for the joint and Skinny was making friends with some guys while he was locked up .

Then he hanging with the Perns and a few of there guys and letting it be known.

I would not be surprised if Skinny was actually doing some thinking while he was away and making a little money up in North Jersy , he has been snooping around with a lot of North Jersey guys and sure it's not just being nice .

Think that crew may have gotten a little bigger or is about to ....

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Strange that all these guys are heading for the joint and Skinny was making friends with some guys while he was locked up .

Then he hanging with the Perns and a few of there guys and letting it be known.

I would not be surprised if Skinny was actually doing some thinking while he was away and making a little money up in North Jersy , he has been snooping around with a lot of North Jersey guys and sure it's not just being nice .

Think that crew may have gotten a little bigger or is about to ....

They made Servidio and Joe Grande is in that crew as well. Don't know about any of Joey's guys though.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 12:09 AM

Crazy how Mousie got 16 years for video poker machines, Sal Locascio got 2 years for ripping the american public off about 700 million lol

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 01:41 AM

They both got 10 years and because of tneir rap sheets wont be eligable to go in front of the parole board for 5 years. Thats half.
Normally its a third. They are lucky they didnt cop to anything violent, they would of had to do 85%.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
They both got 10 years and because of tneir rap sheets wont be eligable to go in front of the parole board for 5 years. Thats half.
Normally its a third. They are lucky they didnt cop to anything violent, they would of had to do 85%.

No they will be eligible. In the news article the prosecutor was just speculating that they would serve half. See my above post. Flat number multiplied by 3 for first parole hearing. 10 flat is 30 months
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 05:16 AM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Crazy how Mousie got 16 years for video poker machines, Sal Locascio got 2 years for ripping the american public off about 700 million lol

Tommy thats a great fucking point my friend...the sentencing disparity and hypocrisy the way NJ, PA,NY and basically any state where they still have mob activities are ridiculously stupid..imo and as an almost lawyer anything more than 2-3 years for gambling convictions alone and no violence is a waste of time, money, and not worth housing the inmate
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 07:03 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Originally Posted By: gangstereport

4 years is still about four too many.

I don't know why people say this. These guys are not just harmless neighborhood guys taking some bets. They're sworn members of a greater ongoing organized criminal enterprise and they should serve every day of their sentence.
Posted By: BobbyPazzo

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:33 AM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Multiply the number by 3 for parole eligibility in NJ off the flat number. IE: 8 flat = 24 month parole intelligibility. 10 flat = 30 months. Not bad at all. I had a 5 flat I did even less then 15 months because of ISP program. They could theoretically come home in like 3-5months but I doubt ISP is fucking with know OC candidates lol

I took isp too. Their crimes are non violent. Isp takes anyone and they add that supervision cost which is the money they profit from. I agree they'd be crazy to give it to them but you never know. I've seen people get that shit thAt had some fucked up pasts. I violated Isp though and got sent back. Sat in Essex county for three and half months before I saw the panel and they sent me back anyways.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
No way they do the full sentences, NJ State system is notorious for early releases...

Bro not in my experiences. I got a 12 month hit my first time down prison. That's why I took ISP. But the pernas know a lot of people. They may get it when their eligibility comes up.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 09:58 AM

But the way state time works is you get comp time from the rip. So they're gonna get anywhere from 6-12 months off from the start. Then once u get classified and u start working whatever job u get, you start getting days off every month. I had medium security and I got 5 days a month. They may be max though because of their past which is like 3 days off. If they can get minimum and u get like a seven day a week job it can go as high as 11 days off a month. Basically as u do your sentence , your "back number" comes down monthly. That ten is gonna be a nine from the say they get seen in CRAF (central reception assignment facility ) then like I said it depends on status and jobs. Even if they couldn't get parole Nd max out.... They'd do like a number somewhere between 5 and 9, closer to the five. I'm thinking they get a 24 month hit on their first eligiblity meaning they won't see the panel again for two years but by that point they will be so close to their max out they may say fuck it and come home with zero parole/ only way u can fuck up your comp time and days off is fighting or getting caught with contraband. Now I can see Johnny being hot headed and running in someone's jaw but not joe. Joe is more a wheeler and dealer where Johnny is a beast. He will beat the breaks off someone. I know Madonna is in bayside ( shitty, used to be w great spot especially when u go to the camps. It used to be no fence.) but the gangs destroyed the prison system in jersey. 23 and 1. I mean u get your yard time every other day and it u get a job u will have movement but if u don't get a decent job and you get cell sanitation as your job ( it's not a job, it's just a title And basically it means your job is cleaning your cell. You work because u Receive state pay Monthly) then you won't be going anywhere but your cell. The best spot in jersey is southern state. No cells. It's like trailers. You can walk the compound and do what u want all day. Yard when u want , go get a haircut , etc. just gotta be back for count. If not your stuck in your cell. I don't know about other spots but when I was in Trenton stAte after I had surgery, they have direct tv. All four espns, I think I had 107 channels were availible. But Trenton is mostly lifers and u won't go there unless you got 20 or better. I was only there because they have a decent infirmary. Marty Taccetta is there.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I don't know why people say this. These guys are not just harmless neighborhood guys taking some bets. They're sworn members of a greater ongoing organized criminal enterprise and they should serve every day of their sentence.

Being a member of the Mafia is not illegal.

If they've done other crimes, convict them. But four years for what you can do down the road in Atlantic perfectly legally is a joke.

Prison systems not taking enough of your tax dollars Ivy?

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 02:11 PM

Right on Sonny ... Call it what it is they lock up all the old folks in Brooklyn for doing a little numbers ( lottery ) they lock up every Italian they possibly can cause it may lead to a OC racket ...

Then the Government turns around and does the same thing ten fold ... The corner store has to build a addition to fit the 500 different lottery and quick pick cards ...

Just call it what it is. !!!

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 02:44 PM

IDK if Serp is being serious or not but it's attitudes exactly like that the mafia prey upon.

You know... the Feds unfairly stacked the deck against Gotti and used shady tactics in their bid to take him down.

Forget the fact that he only beat his other cases because he got people to threaten jurors and their families and forget the people he murdered/ordered murdered.

And the mafia protected Italian neighborhoods argument. Which is true to an extent. They protected them from black and latino criminals. Not for any altruistic reasons.

Just read a passage in Five Families about one of Casso's neighbors getting Casso to kill a civilian who was courting his daughter because he didn't like the guy.

FML
Posted By: moneyman

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 03:10 PM

For what it's worth John Perna and Robert Romano were going to beat the shit out of that guy who worked at the bank in Fort Lee, that was the only outstanding mention of violence I recall from the initial affidavit

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 03:46 PM

What i meant was because of their rap sheet, they may get shot down the first time. Especially since they already did time for gambling already. That will come across as a short sentence not having an impact on their behavior.
Although NJ is notorious for early releases.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
IDK if Serp is being serious or not but it's attitudes exactly like that the mafia prey upon.

You know... the Feds unfairly stacked the deck against Gotti and used shady tactics in their bid to take him down.

Forget the fact that he only beat his other cases because he got people to threaten jurors and their families and forget the people he murdered/ordered murdered.

And the mafia protected Italian neighborhoods argument. Which is true to an extent. They protected them from black and latino criminals. Not for any altruistic reasons.

Just read a passage in Five Families about one of Casso's neighbors getting Casso to kill a civilian who was courting his daughter because he didn't like the guy.

FML

Not talking Gotti !!! Or murder or anything else .... Just saying what was done up and down the east coast ....and don't think for one minute things are better now .... This Country is in worse shape than ever ....no matter how much money they take from us !!!!
I paid 62,000.00 in taxes last year !!!! Just one year !!!! They are stealing just like the recast ....

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 04:11 PM

Messed that up but I guess you can get what I am saying !!!

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 06:18 PM

62k in taxes? Sounds like you had a good year bud.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 06:25 PM

Serp runs a large book in philly. Sharks out the profits.

But unlike Massino and Capone who got done on undeclared revenue, Serp declares the profits to avoid that same trap.

tongue

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 07:11 PM

Right on Sonny... Just like I was talking to Dante the last few days , in this city they are robing people blind and give nothing back .

I will give one small example , if a home owner or a contractor does any type of upgrade on a water connection or concrete their sidewalk They must pay a cop to sit at the job site in his or her car or the job can not be done ..

The price for six hours is 500$ the owner or contractor must pay or job gets shut down and the person gets a fine !!!

What does that sound like if you or I did that .... 10 years for extortion is what it sounds like ....

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 07:41 PM

Right on Sonny... Just like I was talking to Dante the last few days , in this city they are robing people blind and give nothing back .

I will give one small example , if a home owner or a contractor does any type of upgrade on a water connection or concrete their sidewalk They must pay a cop to sit at the job site in his or her car or the job can not be done ..

The price for six hours is 500$ the owner or contractor must pay or job gets shut down and the person gets a fine !!!

What does that sound like if you or I did that .... 10 years for extortion is what it sounds like ....

It makes me sick to my stomach how much Police Officers in Jersey make. Almost all are pulling down $130K+ a year and then retiring with a lifetime pension of at least 50% of that. I went into the wrong business, If I didn't get jammed up a few times in my younger adult years, I swear I should have been a cop! I would be ten years away from retiring pulling down $150K a year right now...

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 07:42 PM

It makes me sick to my stomach how much Police Officers in Jersey make. Almost all are pulling down $130K+ a year and then retiring with a lifetime pension of at least 50% of that. I went into the wrong business, If I didn't get jammed up a few times in my younger adult years, I swear I should have been a cop! I would be ten years away from retiring pulling down $150K a year right now...

Most of that is OT, right?

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 07:48 PM

Id rather be a waiter than a cop. Seriously, their pensions are outrageous but would still not want to be a cop. 130k a year isnt a whole hell of a lot of money in jersey.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 07:51 PM

It makes me sick to my stomach how much Police Officers in Jersey make. Almost all are pulling down $130K+ a year

??

'In Newark, New Jersey the median Police Patrol Officer salary is $53,012 with a range usually between $44,156-$62,563'

http://www1.salary.com/NJ/police-officer-salary.html

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:04 PM

It makes me sick to my stomach how much Police Officers in Jersey make. Almost all are pulling down $130K+ a year

??

'In Newark, New Jersey the median Police Patrol Officer salary is $53,012 with a range usually between $44,156-$62,563'

http://www1.salary.com/NJ/police-officer-salary.html

That's no way accurate Sonny, way off. Thats probably including store loss prevention officers and security guards. I will dig up something for you thats accurate.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:05 PM

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/09/nj_police_salaries_rank_highes.html

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:07 PM

You could be right Dante. CHheck out this article:

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:08 PM

Ha.

Beat me to it wink

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:09 PM

Here, take a city at the Jersey Shore (close to 100K residents in population) Toms River's Police force, here is a full list of their BASE Salaries (does not include Overtime, uniform allowance, night shift pay, education incentive pay, ETC) The salary roster is in Alphabetical order by last name, scroll through the whole list from A-Z and remember that this is only BASE SALARY:

Toms River Police Base Salaries

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:12 PM

You could be right Dante. CHheck out this article:

I am right, I live here and have friends I grew up with who went down that route and became cops. Its absurd what they are paid here in Jersey for essentially a blue collar job with no education requirements...

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:13 PM

I believe ya bud.

Crazy stuff. Esp when most of the cops in wealthy low crime zones are getting the huge dollars and as mentioned the cops in harlem who actually have to do serious police work get fuck all.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:13 PM

Id rather be a waiter than a cop. Seriously, their pensions are outrageous but would still not want to be a cop. 130k a year isnt a whole hell of a lot of money in jersey.

Trust me, I hate cops with a passion as a whole. They usually are entitled, think they are god, always cheat on their wives, always drive drunk, and think everything is owed to them. I have a few close friends that are cops, but as a whole I DO NOT LIKE THEM. I hate your typical Jersey Cop...

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:19 PM

Here, take a city at the Jersey Shore (close to 100K residents in population) Toms River's Police force, here is a full list of their BASE Salaries (does not include Overtime, uniform allowance, night shift pay, education incentive pay, ETC) The salary roster is in Alphabetical order by last name, scroll through the whole list from A-Z and remember that this is only BASE SALARY:

Toms River Police Base Salaries

Keep in mind that most of these guys double their base salaries through Overtime, its sickening....And people wonder why Jersey is so expensive and heavily taxed!!

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:23 PM

Atlantic city after five years 110,000.00 if you do the details they call them ((extortion ) and court time it is 130,000.00 and up without a promotion .

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:24 PM

And the benefit package is lifetime for the wife also and Dante it's 80% of their pay is the pension unless they go early but who goes early they only have to do 25 years to max out....

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:30 PM

Being a member of the Mafia is not illegal.

If they've done other crimes, convict them. But four years for what you can do down the road in Atlantic perfectly legally is a joke.

Prison systems not taking enough of your tax dollars Ivy?

Being part of a racketeering enterprise, which the Mafia is, is illegal. That's the difference which some people on these forums have never been able to wrap their head around. As I said, the Pernas weren't just some local neighborhood guys taking some bets. They were sworn members of a criminal organization (the Lucchese family) that, in addition to huge illegal gambling operations, also engages is various other crimes up to and including murder. That's what RICO is all about.

And I'd gladly pay even more in taxes for more prisons if our laws and sentences were more severe and a prison stay was much more uncomfortable than it currently is.

Just as an example, what I would do with the Pernas is make them serve the full sentence and do hard labor the entire time they're there. Then, when they get out, put them on parole for the same amount of time they just did behind bars. And if they violate, they go back and serve another 50% of their original sentence. That kind of punishment would make them really think twice about continuing involvement with the mob, which otherwise is a virtual certainty. And it would also make other mob guys think twice about their involvement.

I know this is where many will start wringing their hands and whining that it's too harsh. But it's that kind of weak thinking, including by people that otherwise consider themselves conservative, that has allowed so much crime in this country. Led by the liberals, of course, there is too much permissiveness and tolerance for crime and those who commit it.

Of course, on these boards there's always been a tendency by some to go easy on the wiseguys. Usually that's fanboyism more than anything else.
Posted By: Vknicks

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:36 PM

Ivy ,who was murdered again in that last case? in fact have either of the pernas kids every been accused or rumored to have anything to do with a murder? NYPD killed more innocents in 2015 then the lucchese family did which i believe the number is 0

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:55 PM

Ivy aren't you religious?

I just find your statements completely contrary to those preached by Christianity based on forgiveness, Turing the other cheek etc.

Cognitive Dissonance at its best.

And for what it's worth I do like and respect you Ivy. Just a conversation.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:55 PM

Ivy, you really want more prisons? Are you fucking kidding? We have the largest incarcerated population in the world. Just insane to want more prisons and more of your tax dollars to go into that bullshit system. You realize it is a corrupt machine, right?

Also, give me a break with the hard labor. Just a great idea. Let's create more prisons, lock more people up, and convert them to slaves.

You need to go back to the 19th century. This country has a problem. Deterrence doesn't work. Crime is endless. Regardless, prison is supposed to be about rehabilitation. Not making people slaves and punishing them, especially for non violent crimes.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 08:56 PM

I don't believe Ivy can be reasoned with, Vknicks.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Ivy, you really want more prisons? Are you fucking kidding? We have the largest incarcerated population in the world. Just insane to want more prisons and more of your tax dollars to go into that bullshit system. You realize it is a corrupt machine, right?

Also, give me a break with the hard labor. Just a great idea. Let's create more prisons, lock more people up, and convert them to slaves.

You need to go back to the 19th century. This country has a problem. Deterrence doesn't work. Crime is endless. Regardless, prison is supposed to be about rehabilitation. Not making people slaves and punishing them, especially for non violent crimes.

Look at any mafia picture taken behind prison walls. Does it look like they are being rehabilitated?

There's a huge disparity when it comes to the racial make up of prisons.

Live in most countries and see what sentences people get. You'll be relieved to be American. Even so, mobsters - and a lot of caucasians in general - get off lucky when it comes to being served justice.

And I don't get why these guys are being made out to be more innocent than they are.

We are talking crimes like drug smuggling, drug dealing, jury tampering, money laundering; the last crime carries a maximum prison sentence of over 12 years!

I don't get it. The mafia were pretty much left unfettered for over 60 years until the 80's, stole monies in the hundreds of millions from the state, from hard working people, implemented the mafia tax that added cost to every product YOU bought; they extort funeral homes and profited off the twin towers collapse!

Yet you still get this persecution complex.

I think there are far greater injustices in society, frankly. Let them serve their 4-5 years in prison.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/08/16 09:47 PM

Ivy,

Aren't you Mormon? Your state of Utah is like one big fucked up cult....
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/09/16 01:01 AM

And this is gonna get locked in 3,2,1....

Thanks for fucking it up with political BS and personal attacks guys. Real mature.
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/09/16 02:37 AM

Early release or not... 10 and 8 years for taking action on sports is fucking absolutely retarded.. I hate how everyone cries about book not being a victimless crime.. I'm sorry but i don't feel bad at all or feel that it's wrong if some idiot like they guy who worked at the bank that the perna kids were going to fuck up ends up getting dealt with violently. Let's face the facts.. If you don't want to get hurt how about you don't bet with a mob run book and make bets your degenerate ass can't cover. If you still someone 10k or whatever on a bet you lost you're an idiot.. But that isn't going to bring instant violence. These guys will always try and work with you and set up a payment plan.. You really have to be asking for it to get a beating. You have to lie or just plain out ignore and keep running and ignoring the people you owe.. Which is fucked up. Bottom line if you're knowingly betting you are not a victim. You're a willing participate.
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/09/16 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Vknicks
Ivy ,who was murdered again in that last case? in fact have either of the pernas kids every been accused or rumored to have anything to do with a murder? NYPD killed more innocents in 2015 then the lucchese family did which i believe the number is 0

I am also curious who was killed in this gambling case that Ivy speaks about.

Or is he just assuming and lumping guys together lol

wow...Absolutely ridiculous.

I think the most violent thing that happened is they almost beat up someone outside his job at the bank but never did?

lol

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/09/16 03:21 AM

He cant.

He got kicked off another site for life for doing the same thing over and over.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/09/16 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: dsbaloo
Early release or not... 10 and 8 years for taking action on sports is fucking absolutely retarded.. I hate how everyone cries about book not being a victimless crime.. I'm sorry but i don't feel bad at all or feel that it's wrong if some idiot like they guy who worked at the bank that the perna kids were going to fuck up ends up getting dealt with violently. Let's face the facts.. If you don't want to get hurt how about you don't bet with a mob run book and make bets your degenerate ass can't cover. If you still someone 10k or whatever on a bet you lost you're an idiot.. But that isn't going to bring instant violence. These guys will always try and work with you and set up a payment plan.. You really have to be asking for it to get a beating. You have to lie or just plain out ignore and keep running and ignoring the people you owe.. Which is fucked up. Bottom line if you're knowingly betting you are not a victim. You're a willing participate.

A lot of times, most of the guys will cut the bettor off. Not worth it to have someone run to the FBI.

At least the smarter guys running the book are.

Probably part of the reason the Mastronardos were so successful and didnt do a ton of jail time...and yes I know they arent in the mob but I was just using how they operated as an example
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/09/16 05:20 AM

Exactly. I was going to throw that into my rant but I figured I was already rambling on.. Like you said most smart books these days you're way better off just black listing a guy who doesn't pay his losses. Just way smarter business than to chase a guy into the arms of the fbi over uncollected money... Not being able to place bets is a way worse fate to these fucking degenerates that getting a beating anyways

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/09/16 07:43 AM

I just find your statements completely contrary to those preached by Christianity based on forgiveness, Turing the other cheek etc.

People have attempted this talking point before with me and it doesn't work.

First, it shows a blatant misunderstanding of Christianity and how the Atonement of Christ works. Second, going by that logic, we may as well do away with all courts, jails, prisons, and everything else to do with the judicial system and corrections. Applying your misunderstanding of Christianity would mean that criminals are automatically forgiven on the spot. Of course that's not what Christ or the Atonement is about. Mercy cannot rob justice. And Christ's sacrifice makes no intercession for the unrepentant.

Nobody did in that case. But they are part of a criminal organization that does engage in murder, as well as a host of other crimes. And you know what's the bread and butter of these mob families? Gambling. You either comprehend the concept of RICO or you dont.

You can't say "deterrence doesn't work" when there's never been sufficient teeth in our laws to actually deter criminals. It's like the idiots who say it's pointless to fight the war on drugs when we really haven't fought it in the right way.

Furthermore, prisoners doing hard labor wouldn't be "slaves." Upon conviction, and until they serve their sentence, certain rights are suspended. And them doing hard labor is more just than them sitting around, bullshitting, watching TV, playing cards, and lifting weights.

Finally, yes crime will always be with us in a fallen world. But a real justice system would do much to minimize it as much as possible.

Ivy,

Very original and we'll thought out response. rolleyes

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

He cant.

Listen, I realize you've always been a little butt hurt because I don't buy into the fantasy some perpetuate about the Detroit mob on these forums. But that doesn't give you license to rewrite history. I don't think you were even on the RD forum at that time and the reason I was given the boot had nothing to do with anything here. And, for the record, several long time posters besides myself were also banned for little or no reason. So you're not going to get any mileage on that here.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/09/16 03:02 PM

This sausage fest over the mafia is all well and good but an important thing to bear in mind is that these guys are admitting to being in a criminal organization by taking a plea agreement. They are also breaking their own code by taking a plea; but then again any rules the mafia had have been bastardized beyond recognition a long time ago.

And if it's all just fun and games - a lemonade stand operation - then why do bookies, not just the Italians, make payments to the mafia in order to run?

$2.2 billion dollars in action taken and people acting like this is small fry stuff.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/10/16 12:14 PM

Ivy is definitely a bender

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/10/16 07:54 PM

First, it shows a blatant misunderstanding of Christianity and how the Atonement of Christ works. Second, going by that logic, we may as well do away with all courts, jails, prisons, and everything else to do with the judicial system and corrections. Applying your misunderstanding of Christianity would mean that criminals are automatically forgiven on the spot. Of course that's not what Christ or the Atonement is about. Mercy cannot rob justice. And Christ's sacrifice makes no intercession for the unrepentant.

Nobody did in that case. But they are part of a criminal organization that does engage in murder, as well as a host of other crimes. And you know what's the bread and butter of these mob families? Gambling. You either comprehend the concept of RICO or you dont.

You can't say "deterrence doesn't work" when there's never been sufficient teeth in our laws to actually deter criminals. It's like the idiots who say it's pointless to fight the war on drugs when we really haven't fought it in the right way.

Furthermore, prisoners doing hard labor wouldn't be "slaves." Upon conviction, and until they serve their sentence, certain rights are suspended. And them doing hard labor is more just than them sitting around, bullshitting, watching TV, playing cards, and lifting weights.

Finally, yes crime will always be with us in a fallen world. But a real justice system would do much to minimize it as much as possible.

Ivy,

He cant.

Listen, I realize you've always been a little butt hurt because I don't buy into the fantasy some perpetuate about the Detroit mob on these forums. But that doesn't give you license to rewrite history. I don't think you were even on the RD forum at that time and the reason I was given the boot had nothing to do with anything here. And, for the record, several long time posters besides myself were also banned for little or no reason. So you're not going to get any mileage on that here.

I have been on RD for a while and I certainly was there during your constant feuds with everyone...in particular the last one with Pic that got you the boot...

And you go through the same thing here from what I see...exactly what is going on here...

Hardly anyone ever gets banned on the RD...you really have to push buttons to get banned...and you did.

Anyway, its useless to go back and forth with you as history has proven so good day sir.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/10/16 08:21 PM

Ivy,

He cant.

Ivy Idk bout all the other rd shit and I think you make good points and clearly know more bout mob stuff than I do but I totally disagree with your statements on punishing these guyys so harshly for gambling offenses. You have to take into account the disproportion of the actual crime they were convicted of and the sentence imposed. With no violence theres no way these guys should be doing more than 2 years just for gambling.

And your argument that we know theyre part of a criminal organization is immaterial to the case. If the state wanted to charge them with racketeering offenses then fine but sinxe I don't believe they were u can only go off of the facts and the charges in the present case. Trust me as a lawyer this is how the systen works. As much as you or anyone else believes that the book should be thrown at a bunch of mobbed up bookies the reality is our system does not have the resources to do this to every offender and I dont believe that they should. The cj system has to go after all criminals of course but they have to pay more attention and drop the hammer on people that are really damaging society. And im sorry but john and joey pernas bookmaking operations are not it

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/11/16 12:26 AM

I have been on RD for a while and I certainly was there during your constant feuds with everyone...in particular the last one with Pic that got you the boot...

And you go through the same thing here from what I see...exactly what is going on here...

Hardly anyone ever gets banned on the RD...you really have to push buttons to get banned...and you did.

Anyway, its useless to go back and forth with you as history has proven so good day sir.

The heck are you talking about? Several long time posters got the axe from the RD board. It's why the BH board was created in the first place.

And what happened on the RD is not even remotely similar to anything going on here. Maybe you're just saying that in hopes I'll be banned here, and then you could post all the BS about Detroit you want without anyone calling you on it, but there's no comparison.

And for the record, I and others who called out Pic on his BS were vindicated long term. Me and at least one other long time poster were banned because we wouldn't eat out of Pic's hand like his groupies. We didn't take everything he said as gospel. Eventually the powers that be on the RD caved to the pressure and banned both of us. Of course, later it was determined by everyone that Pic was Lenehan and not some made guy posting away on message board.

Pic and his flunkies were mostly the only ones I argued with. And now time and the truth has chopped Pic down to size and his groupies have mostly scattered to the wind. Meanwhile you have real Mensa members like Dan and louieb left over there.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/11/16 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211

Ivy Idk bout all the other rd shit and I think you make good points and clearly know more bout mob stuff than I do but I totally disagree with your statements on punishing these guyys so harshly for gambling offenses. You have to take into account the disproportion of the actual crime they were convicted of and the sentence imposed. With no violence theres no way these guys should be doing more than 2 years just for gambling.

And your argument that we know theyre part of a criminal organization is immaterial to the case. If the state wanted to charge them with racketeering offenses then fine but sinxe I don't believe they were u can only go off of the facts and the charges in the present case. Trust me as a lawyer this is how the systen works. As much as you or anyone else believes that the book should be thrown at a bunch of mobbed up bookies the reality is our system does not have the resources to do this to every offender and I dont believe that they should. The cj system has to go after all criminals of course but they have to pay more attention and drop the hammer on people that are really damaging society. And im sorry but john and joey pernas bookmaking operations are not it

Couldn't agree more Mikey..

I really don't see what the harm is to society when someone takes bets from someone who wants to bet, I mean otherwise we should consider William Hill also a criminal enterprise..

I think it's a waste of tax payers' money to be honest, if there was violence involved than it's a different matter to me but according to you guys there wasn't any..

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/11/16 01:12 AM

Its illegal because bookies dont pay taxes, betters place bets without laying down money and that leads to shylocking. Ever wonder what shylocks do when a guy owes 50 large and cant pay ? Contrary to what many think, its not just written off.
sports betting should be legal and controlled, no doubt. The reason why bookies make money is because they are taking a big risk most poeple arent willing to take: they are risking their freedom. If no one went to jail, everyone would be a bookie on the side.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/11/16 01:30 AM

Its illegal because bookies dont pay taxes, betters place bets without laying down money and that leads to shylocking. Ever wonder what shylocks do when a guy owes 50 large and cant pay ? Contrary to what many think, its not just written off.
sports betting should be legal and controlled, no doubt. The reason why bookies make money is because they are taking a big risk most poeple arent willing to take: they are risking their freedom. If no one went to jail, everyone would be a bookie on the side.

Exactly...

If the real mob boss (the gov) dont get their cut...they are shutting u down and locking your ass up...then passing a bill and doing the same thing lol

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/11/16 01:33 AM

The heck are you talking about? Several long time posters got the axe from the RD board. It's why the BH board was created in the first place.

And what happened on the RD is not even remotely similar to anything going on here. Maybe you're just saying that in hopes I'll be banned here, and then you could post all the BS about Detroit you want without anyone calling you on it, but there's no comparison.

And for the record, I and others who called out Pic on his BS were vindicated long term. Me and at least one other long time poster were banned because we wouldn't eat out of Pic's hand like his groupies. We didn't take everything he said as gospel. Eventually the powers that be on the RD caved to the pressure and banned both of us. Of course, later it was determined by everyone that Pic was Lenehan and not some made guy posting away on message board.

Pic and his flunkies were mostly the only ones I argued with. And now time and the truth has chopped Pic down to size and his groupies have mostly scattered to the wind. Meanwhile you have real Mensa members like Dan and louieb left over there.

Actually there were a lot more things pointing to him not being Lenehan...so I dunno what u are talking about...

You must get your facts from the anti piccaso lenehan website lmao

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/11/16 03:13 AM

Again with picasso !!! He aint lenihan. That is a fact. Pic is retired and was a serious guy. He did know lenehan.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/11/16 06:26 AM

Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211

Ivy,

He cant.

They WERE charged with racketeering. In fact, thats what the Pernas pled to. Racketeering automatically carries heavier sentences. And rightly so, as it was a mob gambling operation. And that is certainly material to this case. Once again, you either understand RICO or you dont. You, as a self-professed lawyer, should. Well, unless you're a defense lawyer. In that case I don't expect anything from you.

It seems that in most mob cases we get the same reaction from certain people on these boards - the government is wasting time and resources going after these guys, the penalties are too harsh, and so on. I've long been convinced this is, almost without exception, due to mob fanboyism. Nor that any of these people will ever admit it because even many of them, in their more lucid moments, realize how ridiculous they're being. But the fact is, if it was a case of a non-mob guy getting the same time for the same crime, they wouldn't say anything about it. But in the case of the mob, well, that's who they're rooting for.

Lastly, it's not like other criminals are going unapprehended because law enforcement arrested these Lucchese guys. And when you consider illegal gambling is the bread and butter of the mob, as cliche as that might be, you realize that these operations do need to be taken down. Even if somebody is stupid enough to believe gambling is harmless, which isn't the case, these gambling operations fuel organizations that engage in many other crimes. I keep saying this but, for the fanboys and those who are just soft on crime, it's not sinking in.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/11/16 06:34 AM

Actually there were a lot more things pointing to him not being Lenehan...so I dunno what u are talking about...

Even former supporters of Pics are now convinced he's Lenehan. But, for the sake of argument, even if he's not, he's still a liar and a fraud. And it was HIS ego, as well as the pathetic need for certain posters to believe they really had an inside source in the mob, that led to so many problems.

But again, that's old news at this point and has nothing to do with this thread on this board. You simply brought it up because you got brave when you saw others jumping on me and you felt it was a good time to try and get your own licks in. I've encountered your kind over and over in the nearly 10 years I've been on these forums. You carry grudges for eternity and you get your courage from being in a pack. Time to crawl back under your rock.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/11/16 12:36 PM

Lol @ cops making 130k in NJ. 45-80 with OT and shit

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/11/16 12:50 PM

Atlantic City cops kill it !!! 25 years and out with the best possible benefit package money can buy .
Also they get 85% of there pay or there wife till death .

I don't know if they are the highest paid or not in the state but they also get 5000.00 $$ for a clothing allowance To clean the uniforms!!!

The state is trying to take some back so every cop that has 25 years goes out right away at 25 .

No this is after five years they are making this money and it court time and watching contractors work time also . But it's not counting promotions , you get promoted start making good money ....

The kind of money the Pernas were making .

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/11/16 06:58 PM

A lot of holier than thou shit from a bunch of people who devote time out of everyday to talk about OC and have a secret obsession with the life. This is why I rarely comment on stuff. Everyone is in the know and fights over who's right or wrong but most haven't been around the life in no way , shape , form , or fashion. Give me a break with this shit.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/12/16 04:48 AM

Ivy

Ivy I just graduated and passed the bar but I do real estate/banking law..but u missed the point of what I said. First I admit didnt know it was part of a racketeering charge so that was my mistake. No where did I say gambling is not a crime or that as long as its illegal it has to be prosecuted but the point is the sentencing disparity for the actual crime is way off for an act that is becoming legal in more and more states each year. Its wasting time and resources just to further prosecutors careers based on oc gambling convictions. No ones saying to not be tuff on crime nor am I a fanboy I know these people Re criminals but there are different levels of crimes and the publics perception changes. Its not 1950 gambling isnt the social evil it was once thought to be just like marijuana isnt viewed how it once was. The govt by all means should go after these guys but id be more comfortable seeing my tax dollars going after them for infiltrating legitimate businesses or heroin trafficking than gambling. And I know ull say gambling is their bread and butter. True but those proceeds arent being used to run entire industries anymore times have changed. And to say that other criminal investigations are not hampered bc of the man power and resources being used to go after bookmakers is just flat out incorrect. The fact is theres only so many agents and officers and so much money for task forces. To say it wouldnt be better spent going after drug gangs/ cartels and violent offenders (u know what I mean by this and it aint a leg breaker collection agent) is to me naive. But hey everyone is entitled to their opinion..didn't really appreciate the condescension or callin me a fanboy or so called lawyer ( tho im a new one, its not something any normal person would make up) and what not ..Ive always been respectful towards u and ur vastly superior oc knowledge

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/12/16 04:55 AM

Well, the fact that the FBI had dramatically downsized it's resources against the mob should make you feel better. Also, let's not forget that, historically, many mob cases that have led to other charges, including more serious crimes, have begun as gambling investigations.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/12/16 05:03 AM

Well, the fact that the FBI had dramatically downsized it's resources against the mob should make you feel better. Also, let's not forget that, historically, many mob cases that have led to other charges, including more serious crimes, have begun as gambling investigations.

Solid point historically yes, but recently I dont see that being the case mainly as a statement on how the mob has declined in power and impact. Nowadays gambling cases are just that gambling cases. Not in every case and im sure u have some examples to the contrary but u have to admit of late there have been a decent amount of just gambling cases no?

Look I agree they cant leave them alone theyre criminals amd were all here bc this subject is fascinating I just think more and more resources including man power and more importantly money should be spent combating real evils in our society first and foremost. To me its clear we dont have unlimited money and cops so imo it makes fiscal and practical sense to target violent crimes, drug gangs, cyber crimes, and of course terrorism..just my 2 cents im sure other posters are sick of this silly debate on an otherwise interesting mob topic, my apologies im done
Posted By: pmac

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/12/16 11:04 PM

For the state to go after this is strange. That's a lot of time for gambling 10 yrs even if you only do half. Like that state gambling case up Boston them guys are probably all back to work taking bets and the top guy will get 18 months at a house of correction. Just listening to are sports talk show up here the host felger=frenseca (boston)I killed that name. Talking about how Clemson covers the the 6. Also was the guy tony curly Russo sentenced he comes up in darcos book he was tight with frank lagano and they were beefing with Anthony spero over a huge loose before darco was or thought he was gonna get killed in the hotel. New phone figuring shit out.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/12/16 11:07 PM

Whatever happens to Christy saying screw the federal gov new jersey making it legal to bet sports in the casino. Is that why that crazy bridge gate this g happens the big guys telling him to shut up and unsuccessfully run for pres.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/15/16 05:51 AM

The casinos probably gave him more money.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/15/16 01:23 PM

They got 10 years because they had priors and it was a racketeering case, criminal enterprise. Those laws were designed to get someone more time as well as nail those higher ups that would otherwise be more insulated from prosecution.
Yes its gambling but racketeering laws can be used. They do it with drugs , white collar crimes as well as a variety of white collar crimes when a bunch of people are involved and there is a chain of command.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/16/16 04:06 PM

THANK YOU, Belmont.

Wish other people would stop being so obtuse.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/17/16 07:01 PM

Keep in mind that most of these guys double their base salaries through Overtime, its sickening....And people wonder why Jersey is so expensive and heavily taxed!!

I don't begrudge them a living, I don't have an issue with how much they make or them getting overtime, (as long as they actually work the hours). But I do have an issue with some of their attitudes and their demeanor (that is, the way they treat us). I think some of them like to create situations so they can throw their weight around.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/19/16 01:56 PM

Johnny and Joe Perna are up for parole July 18 and 19 2018 and their father is up January 2018.. Their still in CRAF. Madonna and mangrella are both in bayside

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/19/16 02:08 PM

And their max date is April 2023. They got ten years. Remember I was saying how you get comp time from the beginning in another thread. They got almost three years comp time. Plus their back number will come down every month. Like 5-9 days off a month depending on status.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/20/16 03:39 PM

Madonna, Mangrella, Ralph Perna Sr. And Joey Perna are all in bayside state prison. I can't believe they put them all together. Johnny Perna is in southern state. The best spot in jersey. It's the only spot not locked down. U basically can roam all day... You just need to be back for counts.
Posted By: DB

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/20/16 05:13 PM

Good info

I have heard Bayside is pretty rough

good for him , I'm sure that degree didn't hurt
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/21/16 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: BobbyPazzo
A lot of holier than thou shit from a bunch of people who devote time out of everyday to talk about OC and have a secret obsession with the life. This is why I rarely comment on stuff. Everyone is in the know and fights over who's right or wrong but most haven't been around the life in no way , shape , form , or fashion. Give me a break with this shit.

I couldn't agree more.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/21/16 05:48 AM

Even former supporters of Pics are now convinced he's Lenehan. But, for the sake of argument, even if he's not, he's still a liar and a fraud. And it was HIS ego, as well as the pathetic need for certain posters to believe they really had an inside source in the mob, that led to so many problems.

But again, that's old news at this point and has nothing to do with this thread on this board. You simply brought it up because you got brave when you saw others jumping on me and you felt it was a good time to try and get your own licks in. I've encountered your kind over and over in the nearly 10 years I've been on these forums. You carry grudges for eternity and you get your courage from being in a pack. Time to crawl back under your rock.

PICASSO WAS 100% Steve lenehan...only other person it could have been was George freselone but he died in 02

IVYS ISSUE,IS THE SAME ISSUE HE HAS WITH MOST OF THE BULLSHIT POSTERS ON THESE FORUMS,which is they refuse to listen to common sense and the fbi,which is the top agency in terms of experience fighting the mob over the last 50 years. No matter how many times the FBI TELLLS HIM THAT DETROIT IS ACTIVE. He refuses to admit it. It's as if he thinks JAck giacolone all of a sudden at the age of 60 went legitmaent. There's actual indictments of Detroit people over the last few years , it just doesn't make the papers. He doesn't realize that while the castellano era godfathers went away in the mid 80s the Detroit people went away in the mid 90s and that was it. In 1996 the Detroit family was said to include 30 made members and 200-300 associates. They also said they made a number of people in the mid 1990s and early 2000s. This was confirmed by the FBI.Did all these people go legit???? They all found God at once??? No one has gone to jail really since then or ever except for short amounts of time...............does that make sense to you???? It's not me saying it's the FBI?????

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/22/16 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi

IVYS ISSUE,IS THE SAME ISSUE HE HAS WITH MOST OF THE BULLSHIT POSTERS ON THESE FORUMS,which is they refuse to listen to common sense and the fbi,which is the top agency in terms of experience fighting the mob over the last 50 years. No matter how many times the FBI TELLLS HIM THAT DETROIT IS ACTIVE. He refuses to admit it. It's as if he thinks JAck giacolone all of a sudden at the age of 60 went legitmaent. There's actual indictments of Detroit people over the last few years , it just doesn't make the papers. He doesn't realize that while the castellano era godfathers went away in the mid 80s the Detroit people went away in the mid 90s and that was it. In 1996 the Detroit family was said to include 30 made members and 200-300 associates. They also said they made a number of people in the mid 1990s and early 2000s. This was confirmed by the FBI.Did all these people go legit???? They all found God at once??? No one has gone to jail really since then or ever except for short amounts of time...............does that make sense to you???? It's not me saying it's the FBI?????

Louie, over the years on these forums you've posted a lot of crazy things but this may be the first time I've wondered if you were posting while drunk or high.

I refuse to listen to the FBI? Is that a joke? Who the hell listens to the feds on these boards more than I do?

And I've gone over this Detroit stuff ad nauseum. There are conflicting reports on Detroit, which is why I've always said it's fine if people want to count it among the viable families left. What isn't fine is them making the family to be larger, more active, more diversified, and more expansive than it is. Especially when they only have one source to go with that unrealistic view of the family (we know who that is.)

The last reported estimate I've seen was from a 2001 article that mentioned 30 members. That was about the same as mentioned during the GamTax case 5 years earlier.

Now, as I've pointed out many times, a lot of members have died over the 15 years since that article. And even if Scott's hearsay about some new ceremonies being held in the 2000's is true, there's little to no chance they've made anywhere near the amount of guys who have died.

I'm aware of what cases there have been in Detroit over the past 15 years. And what they show is a very small family who is mostly involved in bookmaking at this point. Some loansharking, of course, along with involvement in legit businesses members own. Claims about significant involvement in the drug trade or labor unions, or the family operating in multiple states, are hogwash.

So go ahead and include Detroit if it makes you feel better. Just don't make them out to be some kind of powerhouse that's found a way to evade the feds. Because that's a fantasy.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/22/16 05:14 AM

It's not hearsay of Scott. There's actual quotes from actual FBI agents in documentaries and also in an article in the Chicago tribune....
If these articles Scott writes weren't true ,number 1 he would be sued by reputed mobsters and the FBI for slander. And he wouldn't be appearing in gangland and cbs news and have documentaries with actual FBI agents.....THERE ARE NO CONFLICTING REPORTS FROM THE DETROIT FBI OFFICE,regarding the DETROIT LCN...every single person in the Detroit FBI and I'm not talking articles... Im talking living, breathing FBI agents. They all say Detroit is active and quite hard to infiltrate and powerful...

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2003-...thony-giacalone

https://m.fbi.gov/#https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/organizedcrime/cases/gamtax

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/22/16 05:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi
It's not hearsay of Scott. There's actual quotes from actual FBI agents in documentaries and also in an article in the Chicago tribune....
If these articles Scott writes weren't true ,number 1 he would be sued by reputed mobsters and the FBI for slander. And he wouldn't be appearing in gangland and cbs news and have documentaries with actual FBI agents.....THERE ARE NO CONFLICTING REPORTS FROM THE DETROIT FBI OFFICE,regarding the DETROIT LCN...every single person in the Detroit FBI and I'm not talking articles... Im talking living, breathing FBI agents. They all say Detroit is active and quite hard to infiltrate and powerful...

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2003-...thony-giacalone

https://m.fbi.gov/#https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/organizedcrime/cases/gamtax

I'm talking about conflicting reports from various sources, including mob experts.

And the feds do not give the same impression that Scott does about the family. And you know what shows that more than anything? The lack of significant cases in recent years. If the family is so powerful, they don't seem to be much of an investigative priority. Notice how both your links are mainly about the GamTax case - 20 years old now.

But believe what you want Louie. But I'm willing to bet we won't see another case like the GamTax one. Hell, the next biggest case to that one was a decade ago now and that was just a bookmakimg case for the most part.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 01/22/16 01:26 PM

Louienynochi
You are so wrong. I know/ knew both lenehan and picasso. Picasso is much older and on a totally different level. Yes, i knew both of them. Saying steve is picasso is an insult. Steve doesnt bullshit when he says he was around serious people. He certainly was. Pic was an avenue guy but is basically retired.
Pic knows more about the life, all the players, and all the politics better than anyone on any forum. I know who he was around . Lenihan wasnt around a quarter of the guys pic moved around with. To even think pic was fresolone is absurd. Freselone knew NO ONE on the other side of the river, especially east harlem. Freselone lived in a small world and was carried by patty specs. You obviously came up with that one by reading steve's interview which is basically factual by the way.
Lets leave the conjecture to subjects you may know something about.
Posted By: richierich

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 02/11/16 12:14 PM

It is actually frightening how you get 8 years for gambling but 18 months for child molestation...... Sad country we live in
Posted By: baldo

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 02/11/16 04:16 PM

Louienynochi
You are so wrong. I know/ knew both lenehan and picasso. Picasso is much older and on a totally different level. Yes, i knew both of them. Saying steve is picasso is an insult. Steve doesnt bullshit when he says he was around serious people. He certainly was. Pic was an avenue guy but is basically retired.
Pic knows more about the life, all the players, and all the politics better than anyone on any forum. I know who he was around . Lenihan wasnt around a quarter of the guys pic moved around with. To even think pic was fresolone is absurd. Freselone knew NO ONE on the other side of the river, especially east harlem. Freselone lived in a small world and was carried by patty specs. You obviously came up with that one by reading steve's interview which is basically factual by the way.

Belmont, I always thought Pic/Lenehan were separate. One thing I find interesting though....Pic swears Benny Squint was only boss for like a year then was shelved by Catena. Every other poster (especially those in the know) think Benny was boss from the 60's all the way to when he died in the 80s (I believe). Any insight as to why he would feel differently than everyone else? Thanks.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 02/11/16 04:58 PM

Louienynochi

THANK YOU, Belmont.

I was hoping someone would save me the trouble.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 02/11/16 08:59 PM

Catena was powerful, if thats what pic says, i take it as gospel. Remember ,the west side was always very circumspect and ambiguous when it came to the true leadership. For all we know some union guy who sweeps floors is the damn boss and not Belomo. lol

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 02/12/16 12:43 PM

Pic had some of the best stories and insightful notations about what it was like to be in the life, and the politics of it all

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 04/27/16 10:01 PM

Tell me how mr perna is in talbot hall a few months into his sentence? That's a halfway house. Everyone else, his sons, mangrella ,Madonna , Di Napoli are all in prisons still.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 04/28/16 12:19 AM

Were they on bail or held after being charged. The indictment was way back in 2010 (think) so if they were held without bail that time (6 years) is most of their sentences and they'd be due for parole with good behaviour.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 04/28/16 10:35 AM

Were they on bail or held after being charged. The indictment was way back in 2010 (think) so if they were held without bail that time (6 years) is most of their sentences and they'd be due for parole with good behaviour.

Yea they were on bail. It's unusual that he's in the halfway house after being sentenced in January. Typically in New Jersey you need to be 24 months shy of your release date to hit the half not two years short of your parole date. Madonna only got three years, he's in southwoods but I'm guessing he's in the hospital they have there. Madonna got five and he's in bayside with joe p and mangrella. John p in southern state, the best spot in jersey being its wide open. Almost like trailors with multiple guys staying in them. You can roam freely pretty much all day, just need to be back for counts. Mr P got 8 years and he's in the half a few months into his sentence. Even though his release date came down considerably and will continue to as time goes on, that's unuusal.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 04/28/16 10:18 PM

It is unusual bobby. However, his wife is in very bad shape and he is not in good health. No way he would cooperate while his 2 kids are in state.
I guess take that with some grains of salt.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 04/29/16 12:56 AM

It is unusual bobby. However, his wife is in very bad shape and he is not in good health. No way he would cooperate while his 2 kids are in state.
I guess take that with some grains of salt.

No way he would flip... Didn't mean it like that. More along the lines of the pull he's got. Didn't know about his health or his wife's. good info. I'm gonna pm you about some shit I heard.

Re: Pernas Sentenced - 04/29/16 02:59 AM

Ok.. I will check my pm bobby.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET