Home

World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links

Posted By: baldo

World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/22/15 11:54 AM

Former Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta will stand trial for alleged mafia links.
Former Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta will stand trial for alleged mafia links.

The 2006 World Cup-winner was indicted for illegal possession of firearms, according to Deutsche Welle and Agence France-Presse, as well intention to aid the ‘Ndrangheta, the Calabrian mafia.

Iaquinta’s lawyer, Carlo Taormina, also revealed that the player’s father Giuseppe faces a more serious charge of mafia association.

More than 140 people are also set to stand trial in the case, with 71 opting for a separate fast-track trial.

Several suspects are suspected of having helped the ’Ndrangheta profit illegally from reconstruction projects in the Emilia Romagna region after two earthquakes in 2012.

Others are believed to have been helping the ‘Ndrangheta to infiltrate the north of Italy, where the organisation is traditionally weaker.

Judge Francesca Zavaglia said the trial would begin on 23 March.

Iaquinta hasn't made a Serie A appearance since a loan spell at Cesena in 2012.
Posted By: Strax

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/22/15 01:08 PM

I posted it after you,i have no idea how i missed your post.

Sorry.

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/22/15 02:31 PM

No worries. Shame about Iaquinta. I'll always remember him for his goal against Ghana in 2006.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/22/15 02:37 PM

If there doubts the lawyer that chosen Carlo taormina made fly away it. Taormina is the kind of lawyer that defence only true criminals.Take a look to his past clients if you don't believe me.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/22/15 05:17 PM

Is that the guy who tricked Zidane into headbutting in the chest him in the finals?

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/22/15 05:32 PM

No, that was Marco Materazzi.

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/22/15 06:03 PM

thanks, baldo.

My relatives LOVE soccer, but I only watch during the WC and I only remember when people choke or do controversial things.

On topic of the thread though, I thought an "unofficial rule" was that as a member of a World Cup winning team that you can do whatever you want for the rest of your life and avoid prosecution as a national hero.

I used to joke that Derek Jeter(American sports legend) was so popular, he could go to the United Nations and smack ANY world leader in the face ON CAMERA and get away with it.

We love sports heroes here but NOTHING like how World Cup winners are loved in home countries.
Posted By: mike89

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/22/15 06:12 PM

I'll think you'll find it's called football my man.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/22/15 06:24 PM

Rumors says that Iaquinta hidden 2 guns for his father that is a high level ndranghetanthista, and said to the cop where find the guns. However is illegal possessione that is against the law but is a kind difference respect the accuse of favoreggiamento (Can be translated as "to help an OC association")

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/22/15 06:36 PM

thanks furio,

so the possession charge has stiffer penalty because it's also being an accessory to crime committed by OC member.

@mike,

Over here it's called soccer . As the late great Yogi Bera might have said "When in Rome..do as the Neapolitans" smile
Posted By: BobbyPazzo

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/22/15 07:42 PM

Was a great part of that 2006 team. I have his jersey from when he played at juve.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/22/15 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: mike89
I'll think you'll find it's called football my man.

Futbol actually. Here in America, it's spelled that way to differentiate it from the NFL.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/23/15 04:52 PM

One of the shittiest strikers to play for Italy in recent times along with Gilardino and Matri.

Remember the glory days? Del Piero, Totti, Vieri, Inzaghi.....

Now all they have is Graziano Pelle.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/23/15 05:52 PM

Pretty boy Pelle, when he played over here for Feyenoord they saw an increase of women visiting the stadium of about 10%..
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/23/15 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
Pretty boy Pelle, when he played over here for Feyenoord they saw an increase of women visiting the stadium of about 10%..

I thought they were coming to see Dirk Kuyt?

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/23/15 06:29 PM

Haha....Dirk Kuyt does look like that fella off the goonies big time!
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/23/15 06:47 PM

LOL Poor Dirk, he isn't the most handsome guy on the block, but he sure has a heart of a lion..

Re: World Cup Winner Arrested for Ndrangheta Links - 12/23/15 10:58 PM

I'm an Everton fan fella, so he's not exactly my most favourite person in the world
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET