Home

Frank's Cabana Steaks

Posted By: Philly_Broadway

Frank's Cabana Steaks - 12/22/15 01:50 AM

Anyone have any pictures of Frank's Cabana Steaks or any other Philadelphia Mafia Business. I have been past most of them but have never saw them when they were under mob control.

Thanks in advance
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Frank's Cabana Steaks - 12/22/15 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Philly_Broadway
Anyone have any pictures of Frank's Cabana Steaks or any other Philadelphia Mafia Business. I have been past most of them but have never saw them when they were under mob control.

Thanks in advance
All i can share is that frank's was @ 10th & moyamensing..I have an old vhs tape recording of "Mobfather's" (nicky scarfo) w/ bill curtis that shows a quick news clip of a reporter standing outside of the joint speaking about how it was his headquaters right after sindone was clipped..the "front" was a cheesesteak & coffee place.

Re: Frank's Cabana Steaks - 12/22/15 03:32 AM

Yes, I also have the mobfathers docs from A&E. I also have been by the place but after it had changed hands and I am assuming it was not mobbed up when I saw it (don't know. Also saw Cous' Little Italy (both in 1993 or so). Cous' had the same structure but sold chicken and I believe Lake trout. I was just looking for a picture of how it looked in 70's early 80's.

Re: Frank's Cabana Steaks - 12/23/15 04:35 AM

Yes, I also have the mobfathers docs from A&E. I also have been by the place but after it had changed hands and I am assuming it was not mobbed up when I saw it (don't know. Also saw Cous' Little Italy (both in 1993 or so). Cous' had the same structure but sold chicken and I believe Lake trout. I was just looking for a picture of how it looked in 70's early 80's.
A picture remains to b seen my friend, but i remember driving by the old cous bldg.in the early 90s & it had become "Torano's"'restaurant supposedly ran by relatives of long john martorano..now it is a condo,go figure..

Re: Frank's Cabana Steaks - 12/23/15 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: hoodlum
A picture remains to b seen my friend, but i remember driving by the old cous bldg.in the early 90s & it had become "Torano's"'restaurant supposedly ran by relatives of long john martorano..now it is a condo,go figure..
Was just talkin' 2 a friend, he claims that this apt. bldg.(condo) @ 11 & christian was built & currently owned by a nephew /chef of georgy martorano..the big name chef who (I at this point wont give names cause he does'nt want the p.r.& as a sous chef myself can respect that) started small in mom's basement, now is all over Fla.,A.C...etc.

Re: Frank's Cabana Steaks - 12/23/15 09:28 PM

I was there I think 1996. I mistakenly thought 1993.

Re: Frank's Cabana Steaks - 12/24/15 06:05 AM

I will say that a living landmark that was (maybe still is )a hallmark for our friends is "Villa Di Roma" on 9th st. The best meatballs in the fuckin'city.,,also ,but way overpriced 4 mediocre food is Dante's & Luigis ...the host will even show u where nicky jr. got riddled w/lead courtesy of skinny back in 89.

Re: Frank's Cabana Steaks - 12/25/15 06:16 AM

Originally Posted By: hoodlum
I will say that a living landmark that was (maybe still is )a hallmark for our friends is "Villa Di Roma" on 9th st. The best meatballs in the fuckin'city.,,also ,but way overpriced 4 mediocre food is Dante's & Luigis ...the host will even show u where nicky jr. got riddled w/lead courtesy of skinny back in 89.
A major dj (ok, he won't deny it anyways, a friend of mine for yrs.,Jerry blavat, so i can mention his name,he's an honest dude)told me that the Mac 9 piece that joey used on scarf jr. in that fiasco was supplied by charlie white's kid..go figure. A fucked up try on the ladder @ that time 2 tell nicky sr. his day's were over.
Posted By: STREETBOSS

Re: Frank's Cabana Steaks - 12/28/15 03:51 AM

yo, ppl"s some of yous are right,& some stuff is not,,lol.. you are right on on Long. js nephew currently owns more like 5 my friend,!!! YO,*CUZ * Is A Very Dear Friend Of Mind.... +++ GOD BLESS HIM +++ Bud sorry never heard of a Georgy......

Re: Frank's Cabana Steaks - 12/28/15 07:55 AM

Originally Posted By: STREETBOSS
yo, ppl"s some of yous are right,& some stuff is not,,lol.. you are right on on Long. js nephew currently owns more like 5 my friend,!!! YO,*CUZ * Is A Very Dear Friend Of Mind.... +++ GOD BLESS HIM +++ Bud sorry never heard of a Georgy......
Where the fuck am i at ?..25th & diamond?ignorance is bliss
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET