Home

Michael Franzese

Posted By: Jenkins

Michael Franzese - 12/19/15 02:48 AM

So lately I've come across several Youtube videos of Mike Franzese talking about leaving the mob and his conversion to Christianity. The religious stuff is not really my thing but I don't have a problem with it. My question is does he exaggerate his role in the Colombo family? He talks about this gas tax scam he ran that brought in millions of dollars. He claims to have been a capo in the family. I know his Dad was a heavy hitter with the Colombos but was Michael the real deal?
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Michael Franzese - 12/19/15 04:01 AM

I don't remember if he was captain or just acting captain of the crew but he definitely made himself and the Colombos a lot of money through the gas tax scam.
Posted By: sbhc

Re: Michael Franzese - 12/19/15 04:45 AM

He didn't convert to Christianity he just returned to it, I assume he would been baptised and confirmed into the Catholic Church.

That's the wonderful thing about Christianity, if you repent and seek the Lord you'll always be welcomed with open arms, no matter who you are or what you did.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Michael Franzese - 12/19/15 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenkins
So lately I've come across several Youtube videos of Mike Franzese talking about leaving the mob and his conversion to Christianity. The religious stuff is not really my thing but I don't have a problem with it. My question is does he exaggerate his role in the Colombo family? He talks about this gas tax scam he ran that brought in millions of dollars. He claims to have been a capo in the family. I know his Dad was a heavy hitter with the Colombos but was Michael the real deal?

He wasn't exaggerating his role or the money he made. They made him captain very young, had his own crew, separate from his father's. The guy could've gone pretty far if he hadn't left, but he was never a tough guy. Hid behind his dad.
Posted By: Flushing

Re: Michael Franzese - 12/23/15 07:51 AM

Michael was based in East Williamsburg/Greenpoint like his father?

In one of his many documentaries he appears to be standing on Metropolitan Avenue saying "yeah there were a lot of Bonannos around here but many Colombo's too". So, basically I'm thinking definetly Greenpoint/W-burg area, but I am aware the tax scam was widespread.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Michael Franzese - 12/23/15 07:18 PM

If he didn't leave he would be doing life. The feds had a hard on for his ass. With all of the rats in the family there is no way he would be on the streets now
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Michael Franzese - 12/24/15 08:21 PM

One thing is true, he hid some money before he rolled because his house looks huge in those interviews.

That is what kind of bothers me about all this is, even though he got caught, and did some jail time, he is doing way better than some law abiding 9-5'r that is his age or older.....SHOULD NOT BE!
His stories only interest everyone because they are about illegal stuff.
Posted By: mackinblack007

Re: Michael Franzese - 12/24/15 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
One thing is true, he hid some money before he rolled because his house looks huge in those interviews.

That is what kind of bothers me about all this is, even though he got caught, and did some jail time, he is doing way better than some law abiding 9-5'r that is his age or older.....SHOULD NOT BE!
Look who his father was, what boy doesn't wanna be like his dad? who wouldn't follow there parents off a cliff?
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Michael Franzese - 12/25/15 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: mackinblack007
Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Look who his father was, what boy doesn't wanna be like his dad? who wouldn't follow there parents off a cliff?
This is so f------g true.
Posted By: British

Re: Michael Franzese - 12/25/15 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: sbhc
He didn't convert to Christianity he just returned to it, I assume he would been baptised and confirmed into the Catholic Church.

That's the wonderful thing about Christianity, if you repent and seek the Lord you'll always be welcomed with open arms, no matter who you are or what you did.

Think he has become an evangelical Protestant..
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET