Home

Another police sweep in Montreal

Posted By: Johnny_Pops

Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/19/15 02:37 PM

It appears the police have run another major mafia raid today in Montreal. Some of the key players at "the table" have been arrested including Leonardo Rizzuto & Stefano Sollecito and even the family lawyer. They also hit the biker & gang distribution network. It will be interesting see how the vacuum gets filled. Stay tuned...

Here is the article:
http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-ne...d-mafia-players
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/19/15 02:44 PM

Welp, nail in the coffin.
Posted By: slumpy

Re: Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/19/15 06:27 PM

wow, this may have some pretty massive ramifications. I wonder what they have on Leo.

Re: Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/19/15 07:13 PM

Apparently a lot. I always had my suspicion that he, along with Stefano and the other young guys, sat on that "table" of the Montreal Mafia. And this pretty much confirms that, in some way after the deaths of his grandfather, brother, and father, he stepped up in the "family" business. Quite a few suspected otherwise, and I always thought to myself what the hell a perfectly clean lawyer, criminal record wise, would want to go into crime, even if he does share the last name. But then you have to look at the history of that family, in some way all of the men became involved in the mafia, he simply followed suit. Not the smart thing to do in his case, but maybe he found some noble justification for it all.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/19/15 08:53 PM

Sinatra I left you a message in the other thread about you being right about Leonardo.

This is damn near playing out just like The Godfather:

Oldest son shot dead
Father dies of natural causes
Youngest son takes over after being legit
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/20/15 06:06 AM

Does this mean Toronto moves in?
Or do they adopt a wait and see approach?
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/20/15 07:02 AM

Give it say ten years, Godfather 4, 5, and 6 based on the Rizzuto family? Hey, they remade fuckin Peter Pan again, lol!
Posted By: pmac

Re: Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/20/15 05:10 PM

You think the guy Ray d flipped. What the hell does he got to gain anymore. Everyone the guy worked with is dead. He's gonna live in p.c. for along time. I would think he would get transferred to a prison over near Alaska. And this guy Leo and the rest they all make bail and this goes on for years right? Always interesting up there before the internet I thought it snowed year round in Canada and people rode moose's. I was wrong.

Re: Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/20/15 08:09 PM

Maybe in Central Canada pmac....lol (riding the moose)

Montreal is a big metro town.

As for Raynald flipping, I just don't see it. Believe it or not, he holds a LOT of sway within the French Canadian guys and he is gangster to the core. More than likely he took a plea with his guilty plea and will get off fairly light. Remember, he pled guilty to "murder conspiracy". I'm thinking maybe 5 years if that up there. He also has a lot of power in prison too so if he flipped he would live rougher than he does now. Last time he was in prison it was said the guards were his personal body guards and he had computer access in his cell and everything. Not sure about now.

But I would love to see it though as he was close to the top when they were at their strongest. He knows a lot of shit, but I just don't see it.

Also remember this, he is still married to Joe and Vince Di Maulo's sister. That still has power too. IIRC Vince was still golfing with Vito when he came back.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/21/15 12:40 AM

So Vito gets out that guy Joe d dies In a week or two but Vito spears his brother Vince. Weird.maybe Vito didn't order the guy Joe d murder he was blown away in his driveway I remember.

Re: Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/21/15 05:46 PM

No, Vito definitely was a part of that hit. Joe Di Maulo had no choice but to back his brother in law Raynald Desjardins in the power play and I think he was simply too old to go on the run when Vito came back. That or he thought he could reason with Vito, and IIRC he was killed on the anniversary of Vito's Dad getting clipped, and it happened in Di Maulo's own driveway which was another sign with Di Maulo being found by his wife shortly thereafter.

Vincent Di Maulo was close to Vito Rizzuto but he didn't wield the power Joe did. IIRC he was into the drug trade as well and is well off, but I don't think he's real active anymore so there was really no sense in going after him. I'm beginning to think he never quit backing Vito (Vincent I mean) and of course had no hand in everything that went down. Of course I may be way off....lol
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/21/15 06:09 PM

I agree with that Dixie. Vincent was always tight with Vito. He was also very tight with Renda until he went bye bye. The only reason Vincent stayed alive was because he was not involved in the betrayal while Vito was away.
Posted By: cdn_wiseguy

Re: Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/26/15 06:55 PM

Just an update on the arrests last week

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-ne...or-another-week
Posted By: slumpy

Re: Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/26/15 09:39 PM

Quote:
Rizzuto and Sollecito are charged with committing a criminal act “for the profit of, under the direction of, or in association with a criminal organization.” The pair are also charged with taking part in two different conspiracies to traffic cocaine between Jan. 1, 2013, and Nov. 16 of this year.

Sounds like there are essentially three charges. 2 separate counts of conspiracy (narcotics trafficking) and association with a criminal organization.

Think they'll get bail?

Re: Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/26/15 09:41 PM

Yea I think they will.

Re: Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/27/15 03:51 PM

Isn't that a predicate act under the RICO? Do they even follow the RICO in Canada? I don't believe they do.

Re: Another police sweep in Montreal - 11/27/15 09:38 PM

No I don't think they have RICO there
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET