Home

Would they Even Carry Anymore?

Posted By: NickyScarfo

Would they Even Carry Anymore? - 11/16/15 11:05 AM

Sopranos and pretty much every mob movie, these guys are always strapped, hell Chris on Sopranos even had a gun on his ankle. Is there any point today? Worth the risk of being pulled over/stopped by police feds. We still still quite a lot of weapon seizures but that's usually in properties etc.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Would they Even Carry Anymore? - 11/16/15 10:33 PM

Depending on your trade yes it's definitely worth it. After Sandy I carried my pistol up North as you never know how people will react when no power, no gas, etc. It was illegal even though I have a permit (states don't have to honor other states license) but I wasn't taking a chance. If I had to go back to NY or NJ I probably would again, but don't up in Mass and RI.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Would they Even Carry Anymore? - 11/17/15 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Sopranos and pretty much every mob movie, these guys are always strapped, hell Chris on Sopranos even had a gun on his ankle. Is there any point today? Worth the risk of being pulled over/stopped by police feds. We still still quite a lot of weapon seizures but that's usually in properties etc.

Dixie makes a fair point, if you're an average Joe. I'm licensed to carry in New York and Florida myself. New York was a nightmare. But Mario Biaggi was still alive and influential back then lol.

However, for a made guy, or even a known associate to carry illegally on a regular basis today? He'd have to be crazy. It's not universal because The Commission's pretty much a thing of the past. But some skippers disallow it. Call it a crew to crew basis.
Posted By: DB

Re: Would they Even Carry Anymore? - 11/17/15 12:24 AM

In hindsight that was pretty smart Dixie , wish I knew

JC after Sandy was a scary place

You had to pop a few shots in the air to keep the knuckleheads out of your block and boy were they out
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Would they Even Carry Anymore? - 11/17/15 12:59 AM

When you need it plant it somewhere before you need it.

As an older man hire someone who carries for you. Just like our Mayor and our president. But they hate guns smile

During Sandy my daughter lives in belle harbor about 50 yards from the water. A lot of cops lived there.

If anyone tried to loot their I have not heard about it.

Connected guys were supplying food and trucks trying to remove the sand that was everywhere.

My daughter moved in with us for three months. She thought it would be
More then that but NYC people rise to the occasion in an emergency.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Would they Even Carry Anymore? - 11/17/15 01:03 AM

My daughters boy friend had a house near the water. He is a firemen he choose to stay rather then leave. His house caught fire he jumped off the roof into the water. That is what saved him.
Posted By: NE1020

Re: Would they Even Carry Anymore? - 11/17/15 03:55 AM

Most mob guys probably carry folding knives as its not illegal to carry depending on blade length. Carrying a gun isn't worth the risk though, especially in this day and age.

Re: Would they Even Carry Anymore? - 11/17/15 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: DB
In hindsight that was pretty smart Dixie , wish I knew

JC after Sandy was a scary place

You had to pop a few shots in the air to keep the knuckleheads out of your block and boy were they out

Yep you would be amazed at what happens after natural disasters like that. People get crazy
Posted By: Vknicks

Re: Would they Even Carry Anymore? - 11/18/15 03:50 AM

most guys didn't carry every day unless you were doing a job that required it and they would be crazy to carry now
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Would they Even Carry Anymore? - 11/18/15 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
After Sandy I carried my pistol up North as you never know how people will react when no power, no gas, etc. It was illegal even though I have a permit (states don't have to honor other states license) but I wasn't taking a chance. If I had to go back to NY or NJ I probably would again, but don't up in Mass and RI.

Just a word of advice, for what it's worth. Here in NJ, they don't honor other state's carry permit. It's hard to get a carry permit if you're not law enf., private detective, security guard, etc. (You can get firearms ID, and pistol permits if you're clean, just not carry permits) I don't agree with most of the gun laws here, but I wouldn't want you to get shot by a cop because he thought you were the "bad guys", or see you put in prison when you meant no harm.

Re: Would they Even Carry Anymore? - 11/19/15 09:09 PM

Yea Fleming I knew every state up there doesn't honor my Alabama permit but I had to put that on the back burner considering the places I have to go. I thought I was going to have to use it when we were in Bridgeport CT. I was just a necessary risk at that time. I wasn't the only one carrying either. Just something you have to do sometimes.

As for now, I probably wouldn't bother. I haven't carried up there since, and we've worked plenty of blizzards in RI/MA. Of course you don't worry about crooks after a blizzard lol
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Would they Even Carry Anymore? - 11/19/15 10:42 PM

I've been to Bridgeport thousands of time and never needed a gun. I'm still alive.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET