Home

Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face

Posted By: IvyLeague

Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/14/15 11:33 PM

Mafia Boss Bashed Restauraunt Owner in Face With Cocktail Glass, Police Say
By Murray Weiss | November 13, 2015 3:09pm
@weiss_murray

STATEN ISLAND — A reputed Bonnano crime family captain has been arrested and charged with smashing an owner of a popular Japanese restaurant with a cocktail glass, slicing his face and blinding one of his eyes, DNAinfo New York has learned.

Peter Lovaglia, 53, a powerful Bonnano boss, was picked up at his home early Friday morning and charged with the Nov. 1 attack on a 52-year-old owner inside his swanky Takayama Sushi Lounge at 17 Page Ave. at around 2:40 a.m., according to sources and court records.

The man was standing near the eatery’s bar when he heard someone call his name, sources said. When he turned to see who was talking to him, he was blindsided by an attacker who repeatedly hit his face.

Another patron called 911, but by the time the police arrived the attacker and his friends had left.

Sources say the police eventually obtained a photo of the suspect, but they had no name.

But earlier this week, the NYPD’s Organized Crime Investigation Division identified the suspect as Lovaglia.

Sources believe Lovaglia had gotten into an argument earlier that evening at the restaurant, but it was not clear if the dispute involved Forte.

Forte was taken to Staten Island University North Hospital, where he already had several surgeries to his face and eye. He is expected to require several more, sources said.

Lovaglia has long criminal history involving the Mafia.

He was freed from federal prison only last March after he served two years for violating his probation for a previous extortion conviction, records showed.

The violation involved being caught by the FBI associating with two other Bonnano bosses: Gera Gerald Chilli, a Florida-based capo, and Anthony “Fat Tony” Rabito, another high-ranking family captain.

The FBI was watching Chilli on the day he flew into JFK Airport in May 2013 and was picked up by Rabito, and later met with Lovaglia.

Before that, Lovaglia spent four years in federal prison for extortion.

Lovaglio was being held Friday in a police lockup while he awaiting arraignment.

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2015111...lass-police-say
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/15/15 01:10 AM

Hmmm...have not heard of him.

So he is a powerful capo>

I wonder if this is extortion related violence..or just an argument escalated...either way it seems like a stupid move for a capo to assault a man in public this day and age.

So, the only thing they say about the attack...was he called his name so he obviously knew him, and then just beat his face with a glass....hmmmm

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/15/15 01:10 AM

And of course no picture with the article.

Shouldnt there at least be a booking photo
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/15/15 01:37 AM

Who knows mafia boss could be a soldier in the press.
From the time it went down it's looking like a drunk night !!!
Posted By: DiBella

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/15/15 02:13 AM

The Feds identified Lovaglio as a Captain back in 2013, here is a press release from the Waterfront Commission.

https://www.wcnyh.org/newspage165.html
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/15/15 03:47 AM

Tough guy. Loose cannon. Not a big earner. But he has a rep for acting first and worrying about the repurcussions later. Very close to Tommy D, and the Long Island faction. Where I've been saying the power was headed all along.
Posted By: sickstylemob12

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/15/15 04:16 AM

Wasnt he under Sal Vitale ? What's going on with Vinny Tv these days ,Isn't he off papers now? Was he really boss before his arrest and what is his position now
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/15/15 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Tough guy. Loose cannon. Not a big earner. But he has a rep for acting first and worrying about the repurcussions later. Very close to Tommy D, and the Long Island faction. Where I've been saying the power was headed all along.

So his crew is Long Island based?
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/15/15 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

I wonder if this is extortion related violence..or just an argument escalated...either way it seems like a stupid move for a capo to assault a man in public this day and age.

So, the only thing they say about the attack...was he called his name so he obviously knew him,

Seems like a personal thing. He could have just ordered someone to hurt the guy, but he did it himself.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/15/15 06:06 PM

If it's on video in the place the guys cooked pro aly 10+ yrs in prison with his record but maybe the guy takes cash or forgets about it can't remember if it was him.

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/15/15 09:17 PM

Doesnt this seem a bit silly for a 53 year old capo to be getting involved in though?

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/15/15 09:30 PM

Doesnt this seem a bit silly for a 53 year old capo to be getting involved in though?

Of course. They're completely dysfunctional. If the Commission was still sitting they'd have lost their seat the minute Massino flipped. Because he's the only reason they won their seat back in the first place. But that's all moot now.

The Commission's a thing of the past. If the Government had their way, one boss on film with another boss would warrant the death penalty.

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/15/15 09:40 PM

Of course. They're completely dysfunctional. If the Commission was still sitting they'd have lost their seat the minute Massino flipped. Because he's the only reason they won their seat back in the first place. But that's all moot now.

The Commission's a thing of the past. If the Government had their way, one boss on film with another boss would warrant the death penalty.

The commission isnt really needed anymore I wouldnt think

2000 was the last sort of meeting wasnt it? Wasnt even all bosses, some representatives sent.

It is kind of crazy how hard the government go after some of these guys for decades old crimes

focus on the real threat before what happened in paris happens here, again!
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/15/15 10:13 PM

Never heard about this guy, anyone know more about him? Whos crew did he take over? Is he a guy Massino made I would assume since hes 53?

Good point Fleming, why would a skipper send anyone else to do this if it wasnt fuckin personal
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/15/15 10:45 PM

Reminds me of the scene in good fellas when pesci hit the waiter over the head with the bottle. I sure as fuck hope this idiot didnt get the idea from watching that movie.

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/16/15 12:37 AM

That just goes to show that there are several made bonanno's that people don't know about , and the list goes on. On another topic has Massino really done any damage to any other family?

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/16/15 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: sickstylemob12
That just goes to show that there are several made bonanno's that people don't know about , and the list goes on.

Who didn't know about him? The guy's yellow sheet is as long as a roll of toilet paper. Two ply.

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/16/15 03:54 AM

That just goes to show that there are several made bonanno's that people don't know about , and the list goes on.

Who didn't know about him? The guy's yellow sheet is as long as a roll of toilet paper. Two ply.

Yeah the guy has been in articles and at least one detention memo the last couple years.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/16/15 04:16 AM

A yellow sheet doesn't point to being a skipper.

When sickstyle wrote that there are made guys 'unknown' it was in reference to his status as captain, not just a button.
I assume.

Personally I don't know of any charts, FBI, respected, whatever that had this guy head of a crew.

So in that respect, its sure as shit 'unknown'.

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/16/15 04:20 AM

And its certainly a point of interest when an unknown capo pops up out of the works.

Urvino rings a bell as similar in the past, Croce/Castelluci etc.

In this drought o mob news, a new Capo's a new Capo.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/16/15 05:26 AM

I think he means in terms of the people posting on here.

Obviously the FBI knows about him, but for most people on here they had no idea he was a capo. So in a way he was sort of a sleeper but not really.

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/16/15 05:36 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

Thats also my point Nicky. Where is this guy listed as a capo?
We've got good scholars here who have zero idea this guy was a skipper.
And that was what 'slickstyle' was referring to. Which was a fair, and correct point.
So PB chastising this guy for a good point, was, imo, out of line.
If Im wrong Ill happy correct.

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/16/15 05:51 AM

I also had no clue who this guy was which was why I asked to, so u can lump me in w sickstyle as misinformed..

Regardless of if we shoulda known bout him according to the more seasoned knowledgeable posters, since most of us dont can someone please share more info bout him? Whos crew he take over, where they outta, whos in his crew etc?..thanks fellas
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/16/15 11:50 AM

would not wanna be that restaurant guy, given the amount of time this dude is probly facing over this...could be tantamount to life...at his age

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/17/15 09:39 AM

What does his sheet have Anything to do with having has button? So does the guy down the street selling dime bags. When listing "all" members of the bonanno several people claim to know every made guy which i'm saying isn't everyone this is one of many and they will keep coming.
Stick to the bronx pizzaboy

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/17/15 09:42 AM

Lol just messing around with you about the Bronx btw. Actually have a question how strong were the Duckies ? We're they not to fuck with ?

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/17/15 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: alicecooper
would not wanna be that restaurant guy, given the amount of time this dude is probly facing over this...could be tantamount to life...at his age

Yea good point alice, The Prosecutors gonna likely start with Attempted murder and his lawyers will have to get it down from there

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/17/15 03:52 PM

Lol just messing around with you about the Bronx btw. Actually have a question how strong were the Duckies ? We're they not to fuck with ?

They were strong around Bainbridge and French Charlie's Field. That was an Irish stronghold forever. And most of them didn't move all that far. Just north to Woodlawn on the Bronx/Yonkers border.

Woodlawn is the ONLY predominantly ethnic neighborhood left in the entire city. Now, I'm speaking of the original Western European immigrants who landed at Ellis Island. I'm not including the post Ellis Island "newer" immigrants (Latinos, Middle Easterners, miscellaneous Islanders, etc.). Give it the Irish, they stand their ground. I'm a proud Italian American. But, along with many of the Jews, we practically invented "white flight."

Anyway, the Duckies were tough. But they didn't have the same rep as the Baldies in the Bronx. The Baldies were similar to the Purple Gang. Not as earners. No gang back then earned like the Purple Gang. But because a lot of the Baldies ended up getting made later on, much like many of the Purple Gang members.

And I won't soon forget that Bronx crack lol. I apologize if I came off as rude. Caring for my Dad is taking its toll on me now and I'm snapping at people without realizing it. But that's no excuse. Eldercare isn't for pussies. That's all I'm trying to say.

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/18/15 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

Thats also my point Nicky. Where is this guy listed as a capo?
We've got good scholars here who have zero idea this guy was a skipper.
And that was what 'slickstyle' was referring to. Which was a fair, and correct point.
So PB chastising this guy for a good point, was, imo, out of line.
If Im wrong Ill happy correct.

He was on Pogo's chart but as a soldier because he's also been identified as such in recent years. Don't know how recent the bump to captain is.

The only guy I can think of who really came out of nowhere - and I'm talking for us on the forums - was Danny Leo when Capeci did that article back in December 2006. Nobody...I mean NOBODY...had ever even mentioned him before from what I can recall.

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/18/15 05:45 AM

Danny Leo was invisible outside of his East Harlem origins, Ivy. I've said this several times over the years. But there were made Westside guys, as recently as the early to mid '90s, who went to their graves unidentified by law enforcement. And that's the God's honest truth.

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/18/15 07:58 AM

Danny Leo was invisible outside of his East Harlem origins, Ivy. I've said this several times over the years. But there were made Westside guys, as recently as the early to mid '90s, who went to their graves unidentified by law enforcement. And that's the God's honest truth.

I believe that. In fact, I believe there are still guys flying under the radar. Just not that many, relatively speaking. I'd be willing to bet at least 90% of the membership of any family has been identified by law enforcement.

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/18/15 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

I believe that. In fact, I believe there are still guys flying under the radar. Just not that many, relatively speaking. I'd be willing to bet at least 90% of the membership of any family has been identified by law enforcement.

Ivy/PB would you be able to name a few Westside guys that flew under the radar? Only deceased guys as I know PB and other don't want to out someone currently alive as a wiseguy on an internet forum

If any Westside gu was able to make it all the way to capo and not be on le's radar than that just furthers their status as the strongest family. Thats fuckin impressive even if its just a soldier or powerful associate.

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/19/15 09:18 AM

I couldn't because, if I know about them, that means they were on the radar.
Posted By: baldo

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/19/15 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Hypothetically, what kind of rackets would an under the radar guy be involved in? Or does it not matter? U would think most street level bookies are known. Are these usually white collar guys that LE would have a hard time pinning down?
Posted By: BennyB

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/19/15 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: baldo
Hypothetically, what kind of rackets would an under the radar guy be involved in? Or does it not matter? U would think most street level bookies are known. Are these usually white collar guys that LE would have a hard time pinning down?

I think people who are under the radar generally tend to be people in businesses or unions who use the mob to strengthen their position and make more money. An old example is Ralph Scopo who flew under the radar until he was caught meeting with Colombo family administration. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Scopo
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/21/15 08:55 PM

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/21/15 09:08 PM

that guy scopo came from a very well known family his dad was in the commission case his brother underboss for orena also him and his brother joe were very tight with the gottis. but i get the point its ny city 12 million people im sure there a 100 or more guys unknown to the feds. all there time is going after isis. and after another devestating lose to asaro dont think there going after lcn guys as priority numba 1

Re: Bonanno capo bashes restaurant owner in face - 11/21/15 09:10 PM

my predidction this case falls apart. you either blind in the eye or not. there playing it up.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET