Home

Colombo's Beginning to Recover?

Posted By: NickyScarfo

Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 11/09/15 11:48 PM

4 or 5 years ago they were being absolutely hammered by the Feds, so many convictions, rats etc, I remember reading an article (maybe Capeci) back then that said they were down to only 50 members, have they since then recovered slightly? New leadership, made members? etc.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 11/10/15 12:03 AM

4 guys being released next year also , Michael uvino , michael catapano who have served as captains of the franseze crew and soldiers Emanuel favuzza and Craig Marino
Posted By: pmac

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 11/10/15 12:46 AM

I think yes. The persicos got a few of the blood family out on the street to take orders. Just read that carbone guy said to a wired up guy he just got his button. I'm still waiting for when the feds sentence that cop killer dino calabro that thing been swept under the rug a long time and when they ask the judge for reduce time when no one else has been convicted of the murder the police union gonna goes nuts.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 11/30/15 02:53 AM

Probably. Time will tell. They certainly have quite a few guys coming out in the near future.

Does anyone know where Teddy Sr. stands these days? Has Andy retired?
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 11/30/15 04:33 AM

Good info Dom. Cheers.

Pmac: who's this Carbone guy? And good post about Calabro. Be interested to see how that plays out.

Anyone have last official fed number count of the Bo's? I recall 100 active.
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 11/30/15 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Good info Dom. Cheers.

Pmac: who's this Carbone guy? And good post about Calabro. Be interested to see how that plays out.

Anyone have last official fed number count of the Bo's? I recall 100 active.

Yea Sonny last I read was they had 100 made men, be interested to know their official count if anyone has any insight?
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 11/30/15 05:22 AM

The latest official estimates put the family at approximately 100 total members. Back in 2004 there were 112 known members. Active on the street would obviously be less.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 11/30/15 02:34 PM

They have ventured out of the regular staples of the mob again... That means there are a few good guys at the top doing the right things ..
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 11/30/15 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
I think yes. The persicos got a few of the blood family out on the street to take orders. Just read that carbone guy said to a wired up guy he just got his button. I'm still waiting for when the feds sentence that cop killer dino calabro that thing been swept under the rug a long time and when they ask the judge for reduce time when no one else has been convicted of the murder the police union gonna goes nuts.

Where did you read that?

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 11/30/15 06:23 PM

Daily news or the post. He said to a wired up cw that he got his button they wanted to use it at his sentencing. The guy is a triplet they all are identical. There all mobed up.

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 11/30/15 07:04 PM

Here it is
-----------------

Accused mobster gets 70 months for drugs, money laundering despite plea from FDNY widow

BY JOHN MARZULLI
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Thursday, November 5, 2015, 12:54 PM

A plea for mercy from the widow of a hero firefighter didn't do much good for a reputed Colombo gangster who was sentenced Thursday to 70 months in prison for drugs and money laundering crimes.

John Cerbone, 43, who does double duty as a plumber and a goodfella, tried to portray himself as a good guy, too, in his bid for a five-year sentence.

Linda Graffagnino had written to Federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis that Cerbone had helped take care of her two young children after her husband Joseph was killed in the Deutsche Bank fire in 2007. Cerbone is a longtime friend of Linda Graffagnino and is dating her sister.

"He's a good guy, that's wonderful," Garaufis said. "But he also had to do what he has to do to be law-abiding in other respects."

Assistant Brooklyn U.S. Attorney Elizabeth Geddes stated in court papers that Cerbone is a member of Colombo capo Joseph Amato's crew, and had suggested to an informant last year that he had been inducted into the crime family as a made man.

Cerbone is a triplet and his two brothers attended the sentencing. Last year Cerbone tried to pass himself off as his brother Joseph when a Drug Enforcement Administration agent handed him a subpoena.

The mobster shed his blue dress shirt and donned a red T-shirt in a pathetic attempt to confuse the media outside Brooklyn Federal Court. Linda Graffagnino declined to comment.

Cerbone pleaded guilty to distributing cocaine, marijuana and oxycodone pills, and laundering the illicit proceeds after he was caught in a sting operation.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...ticle-1.2424706
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 11/30/15 07:09 PM

Guerras sentence was reduced. Anyone know to what?

To the original topic, the Colombos, I'd imagine they will start to bounce back once the Feds exhaust all the convictions they can from the war. That ruined their family.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/25/16 09:19 AM

Andy Russo is rebuilding that family. They are recovering, it is more quality than quantity this time around it seems.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/25/16 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Guerras sentence was reduced. Anyone know to what?

To the original topic, the Colombos, I'd imagine they will start to bounce back once the Feds exhaust all the convictions they can from the war. That ruined their family.

Name: FRANCIS GUERRA

Register Number: 10636-051

Race: White
Sex: Male

Release Date: 06/05/2021

Located At: FCI Fort Dix

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/25/16 12:57 PM

Wow, I can't believe he's getting out in five. He's been connected to so many murders.

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/25/16 01:05 PM

Guerra was acquitted of Levine, hydell and of another murder but was sentenced In 2013 to 14 y for drugs. So will made only 8 y.
For sure will be made. John Pappa his pal wasn't so lucky and get life.

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/25/16 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Guerra was acquitted of Levine, hydell and of another murder but was sentenced In 2013 to 14 y for drugs. So will made only 8 y.
For sure will be made. John Pappa his pal wasn't so lucky and get life.

BF already turned down the button. He's not interested in that bullshit.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/25/16 05:06 PM

And you know this how?

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/25/16 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
And you know this how?

It was brought up during the trial.

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/25/16 05:18 PM

By MITCHEL MADDUX, New York Post, October 31, 2011

It’s an honor they can live without.

Becoming a “made” member of one of the city’s five crime families was once the goal of every ambitious mobster -- and an offer definitely not to be refused -- but those days are gone, authorities told The Post.

With rats lurking around every corner and aggressive feds breathing down wiseguys’ necks, many lower-ranking Mafiosi have been doing what was once unthinkable -- saying “no thanks’’ to the title.

Low-level associates may earn less, but there’s also a better chance they’ll stay out of prison.

They believe that becoming a made man or soldier makes them a bigger target for the FBI, experts say.

“Getting your ‘button’ is like putting an ‘X’ on your back. You’re basically on the radar,” a law-enforcement source said.

A Brooklyn federal prosecutor just last week detailed how Joseph Petillo -- “a longtime and very well-respected associate” of the Colombo crime family -- recently decided to pass on an offer to be made.

“The Colombo family believed, based on Mr. Petillo’s prior history, that he would be a valuable member of the Colombo family. The Colombo family sought his membership,” Assistant US Attorney Liz Geddes told a federal judge.

But in the end, Petillo “turned down an offer of membership,” Geddes said.

Other criminals have made similar decisions -- among them Gambino, Bonanno and other Colombo crime-family associates, sources say.

Some modern mobsters have other reasons.

One Gambino associate declined an offer because “he didn’t want to put the crime family before his own family,” a source said, referring to the mob’s oath of allegiance, which calls for members to do just that.

Some mob associates who run lucrative illicit businesses also believe they can make more money if they aren’t made, because members have to “kick up” a larger percentage of their earnings to the family’s leadership, experts said.

By remaining an associate, “you’re more independent, you’re more on your own,” a defense lawyer explained.

Such decisions are a far cry from the heyday of the New York mob in the 1970s, when turning down an offer to become a made man was tantamount to signing your own death warrant.

“Years ago, it would be like disobeying orders -- literally from the boss,” an attorney said.

Today, in certain circumstances, the mob leadership appears to understand and accept the reasoning behind turning down promotions.

When Colombo associate Francis “B.F.” Guerra declined an offer from the Colombos, he had the heft and standing within the mob community to make such a decision without repercussions, FBI Agent Scott Curtis testified recently.

“Everybody knows his reputation and all the criminal activities he’s done in the past. He doesn’t need a title to carry that reputation around,” Curtis said.

“It depends who they were and their reputation.’’

Other experts say the decision to remain an associate is a clever move that might help a mobster sidestep charges under the feds’ powerful racketeering, or RICO, statutes, which require prosecutors to prove membership in a criminal enterprise.

John Meringolo, a New York Law School professor, said that in the eyes of the Justice Department, “a ‘soldier’ is automatically involved in the RICO conspiracy.”

Proving an associate was involved in a RICO conspiracy can be more challenging, he said.

http://nypost.com/2011/10/31/la-cosa-nostra/
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/25/16 06:51 PM

I see. A fed testified that he turned it down, who gave him the information though, it couldn't have come from BF himself. Like the Porky situation with the Bonanno's and how word got out that he was too rich and shit to deal with the going on's of the Crime Family, only to be seen on surveillance at meetings and shit, anything can change. But I see your point, BF is among the Joe Watt's of the criminal underworld, guys with enough pull that they don't necessarily have to be made. But unless it comes from BF himself, one can assume that he may accept the button down the road after his release, or he may not.

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/25/16 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
But unless it comes from BF himself, one can assume that he may accept the button down the road after his release, or he may not.

We can assume anything we want, and yeah maybe he will get made someday. However, this came from a federal agent and not a poster. The feds have resources we don't have and they tend to be right on the money when it comes to these things. The Porky situation is a good example, because I think both of us can be fairly sure they knew Porky was active all along. Almost everybody on these boards thought he had retired.

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/25/16 08:27 PM

Is he a full Italian?

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/25/16 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto
Here it is
-----------------

Accused mobster gets 70 months for drugs, money laundering despite plea from FDNY widow

BY JOHN MARZULLI
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Thursday, November 5, 2015, 12:54 PM

A plea for mercy from the widow of a hero firefighter didn't do much good for a reputed Colombo gangster who was sentenced Thursday to 70 months in prison for drugs and money laundering crimes.

John Cerbone, 43, who does double duty as a plumber and a goodfella, tried to portray himself as a good guy, too, in his bid for a five-year sentence.

Linda Graffagnino had written to Federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis that Cerbone had helped take care of her two young children after her husband Joseph was killed in the Deutsche Bank fire in 2007. Cerbone is a longtime friend of Linda Graffagnino and is dating her sister.

"He's a good guy, that's wonderful," Garaufis said. "But he also had to do what he has to do to be law-abiding in other respects."

Assistant Brooklyn U.S. Attorney Elizabeth Geddes stated in court papers that Cerbone is a member of Colombo capo Joseph Amato's crew, and had suggested to an informant last year that he had been inducted into the crime family as a made man.

Cerbone is a triplet and his two brothers attended the sentencing. Last year Cerbone tried to pass himself off as his brother Joseph when a Drug Enforcement Administration agent handed him a subpoena.

The mobster shed his blue dress shirt and donned a red T-shirt in a pathetic attempt to confuse the media outside Brooklyn Federal Court. Linda Graffagnino declined to comment.

Cerbone pleaded guilty to distributing cocaine, marijuana and oxycodone pills, and laundering the illicit proceeds after he was caught in a sting operation.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...ticle-1.2424706

This guy is family ... Not just mob...Cerbone
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/26/16 12:20 AM

A Brooklyn federal prosecutor just last week detailed how Joseph Petillo -- “a longtime and very well-respected associate” of the Colombo crime family -- recently decided to pass on an offer to be made.

“The Colombo family believed, based on Mr. Petillo’s prior history, that he would be a valuable member of the Colombo family. The Colombo family sought his membership,” Assistant US Attorney Liz Geddes told a federal judge.

Is that the same Petillo who went on MSNBC's underworld gambling and told the word he's a bookmaker and his cousin hurts his players ?? They should be able to do better then him !!
Posted By: tt120

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/26/16 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: DiLorenzo

Is that the same Petillo who went on MSNBC's underworld gambling and told the word he's a bookmaker and his cousin hurts his players ?? They should be able to do better then him !!

nah, that was frank pontillo. guy got jammed up on something and ratted, even ratted on his own dad, and then shows up on tv a few years later driving around manhattan with a film crew doing a docuseries about being a bookie. that was perplexing to say the least. either it was all an act for the show, or he really is running around his home turf after ratting, taking bets. his ratting helped set off some other cooperators and played a decent part in that huge city wide mob bust in 2011

i remember that doc because his book middled all of the bets on the uva michigan state game in the 2014 ncaa tourney and made like football season money on that one game

the frank pontillo guy was always in trouble. he sold oxy too i think if i remember correctly he got caught with like 500 30 mg pills while he was awaiting sentencing for another charge
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/26/16 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: tt120
Originally Posted By: DiLorenzo

nah, that was frank pontillo. guy got jammed up on something and ratted, even ratted on his own dad, and then shows up on tv a few years later driving around manhattan with a film crew doing a docuseries about being a bookie. that was perplexing to say the least. either it was all an act for the show, or he really is running around his home turf after ratting, taking bets.

i remember that doc because his book middled all of the bets on the uva michigan state game in the 2014 ncaa tourney and made like football season money on that one game
Yeah, that was the show...Good documentary, but not too much brains there..He was also in that tv special ''gangsters actors guild''

So he ratted on his own father ?? Geez !!
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/26/16 03:41 AM

No not many of them have any brains at all lol

Rebuilding? Yes honestly not anymore than normal...
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/26/16 08:31 AM

Both petillo and ni**er Dom both turned down buttons from what I've heard . Dor relatively young guys they have been around that family for a long ass time. Both petillo and nig Dom were under wild bill. Ha so if these guys are in their mid 40s. That means they have been around Cutolo's crew since they were literally late teens early 20s. Crazy no one really ever has any info on black Dom. .
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/26/16 08:31 AM

Skinny hit my line got a new phone .. Same number.

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/26/16 02:57 PM

I believe that Guerra refused to get made;the colombos are the worst family and for sure with 17 rats and the persicos that think to be a mob dinasty , its better to be an associate.
Same think for the bonanno. But ralphie_cifaretto I dont think that a wiseguy will refuse to be made in the Gambinos,in the Luccheses or even in the genoveses that are most stable family.
The Rico risk are nothing with the opportunity to made real money in this 3 families. But is just my opinion.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/26/16 03:13 PM

my opinion.. tyhis is with all the families..the major drug dealing i.e. gambino bros .pizza connection . and the clearing up of almost all the murders in all the families, if they stay clean of those two things what are made guys going to get heavy time from? so a new guy comes in has zero murders and not a drug dealer he can coast for life doing the staple things that are done. earn big through connections..look at the gambino's now..they are having a great run..gotti's are gone . what is a c.i. going to say he is a shylock ,bookmaker,has construction work.. sells coffee..the G would never expose a top level c.i. for any of those crimes.get made, get paid start getting laid

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/26/16 04:08 PM

Its what i say,before for get made must whack some body now if you are a great earner for sure will be made. Made money in the shadow, the old sicilian way.
For sure even in the genoveses there drug dealer but the family is stable and had less possibility to be caught by the feds.

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/26/16 07:08 PM

The family is only as good as the people at the top ...
Posted By: bronx

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/27/16 01:09 AM

100%
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/28/16 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
The family is only as good as the people at the top ...

+1 serp completely agree...true in the.corporate world and the streets

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 01/28/16 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
...true in the.corporate world and the streets

LCN is at the end of the day simply a business.

An illegal one, but a business nevertheless.

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/13/16 04:25 PM

Anyone have any idea how many captains they have?

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/13/16 05:42 PM

Courtesy Pogo the Clown:

Capo's:
1. Joseph Amato/56 - Brooklyn
2. Joseph Baudanza/70 - Brooklyn, Manhattan and Staten Island
3. Dennis "Fat/Little/The Beard" DeLucia/72 - Brooklyn and the Bronx
4. Thomas “Tom Mix/Mr. T” Farese/72 – South Florida
5. Thomas "Tommy Shots/Bop" Gioeli/62 (IP/9/9/2024) – Brooklyn, Staten Island and Long Island
6. Ralph Lombardo/84/Luca DiMatteo/70 – Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island
7. Theodore "Teddy/Skinny" Persico Jr/51 (IP/8/21/2020) - Brooklyn
8. Thomas Petrizzo/81 - Brooklyn
9. Michael Uvino/49 (IP/6/5/2016)/Michael Catapano/51 (IP/5/1/2016) – Brooklyn and Long Island
Posted By: gangstereport

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/13/16 06:24 PM

Ralph DeLeo dident he have a crew in Massachusetts who took over it when he went to prison

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/14/16 01:30 AM

Don't think you could characterize that as a crew.

And I'm pretty sure Deleo was never a captain. Met Alphonse in prison, was made then tapped as acting. IIRC

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/15/16 11:33 AM

Tom Mix is alleged to be the official consigliere and possibly the current acting boss. I doubt he's a captain.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/15/16 02:08 PM

Tom Mix is alleged to be the official consigliere and possibly the current acting boss. I doubt he's a captain.

He was indentified as acting consig, Andy mush is the street boss, not mix.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/16/16 05:37 AM

Correct. Farese was officially a captain who was acting consigliere before he was indicted. I don't know if he's resumed that role.

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/16/16 01:16 PM

Mush !!!

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/16/16 01:52 PM

Farese was acting consigliere for Richard fusco , when fusco died there was no official consigliere , I would bet Farese is consigliere of the Colombos if he's not got an even higher role in the crime family , it's very possible he has
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/16/16 02:04 PM

Does anyone know the status of Dennis DeLucia in this recovery? Is he part of the Administration or just a captain?

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/16/16 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Does anyone know the status of Dennis DeLucia in this recovery? Is he part of the Administration or just a captain?

I think Dennis is a captain, but it wouldn't surprise me if he got promoted. Didn't DeLucia have a lot of guys under him?

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/16/16 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Farese was acting consigliere for Richard fusco , when fusco died there was no official consigliere , I would bet Farese is consigliere of the Colombos if he's not got an even higher role in the crime family , it's very possible he has

Mix is younger than Andy Mush and given Andy's health these days, I wouldn't be surprised if Mix is now calling the shots. That guy is a solid leader and has a very good reputation in that world.

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/16/16 10:01 PM

Mix is younger than Andy Mush and given Andy's health these days, I wouldn't be surprised if Mix is now calling the shots. That guy is a solid leader and has a very good reputation in that world.

No he is not.

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/16/16 10:09 PM

No he is not.

You don't know that though. We can only speculate. Not unless you're close to the situation.

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/16/16 10:20 PM

No I know that !!!!

He is were he is cos of marriage!!!

He does alright but nothing crazy. He is not street boss material !!!

Times are bad and he is in the blood family ...real real close !!!

I can say more but it would not be wise...

Him being bumped up was a favor !!!

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/16/16 10:28 PM

No I know that !!!!

He is were he is cos of marriage!!!

He does alright but nothing crazy. He is not street boss material !!!

Times are bad and he is in the blood family ...real real close !!!

I can say more but it would not be wise...

Him being bumped up was a favor !!!
a favour ?? I can't imagine being bumped up to an administration position in the Colombos as a favour , nearly every member of the administration of that family has received a lengthy jail sentence over the years

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/16/16 10:39 PM

I get what you are saying Dom and my be the way I am saying it but trust me if not for a certain someone he would not be where he is.

Well and the fact that the picking is slim !!!

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/16/16 11:29 PM

Farese is from Boston sold drugs down in Florida 70tys meets a Colombo capo in prison got put under him. Then gets out. Met Allie persicos daughter and had a family and became part of the the crime family. Guy did a shit load of time and is rich. That guy Andy Russo probably boss again or running it threw he kid and that guy Donnie shacks. Unless he's deathly I'll he don't give a shit about dying in jail. Someone posted how Andy was shocked when a capo wanted a sit down with the gambinos over a stabbing and the Colombo's hadn't retalliated first. Another sonny Fran.

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 02/16/16 11:43 PM

Pmac right on !! The female she is not lil Allie's kid . But close ..the brother Carmine's niece!!!

They are keeping family in all leadership rolls , they figure if they flip they will have to take a Persico with them into the program and I don't see that going down!!
Posted By: helenwheels

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 07/22/19 12:14 AM

Dom was recently straightened out. Not with the Colombos, with the west side. Smart move, now that the old man is dead if the Colombos have internal strife or power struggles and anyone is looking to settle old scores from the last period of strife, he can't be touched without permission from the new family.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Colombo's Beginning to Recover? - 07/22/19 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by helenwheels
Dom was recently straightened out. Not with the Colombos, with the west side. Smart move, now that the old man is dead if the Colombos have internal strife or power struggles and anyone is looking to settle old scores from the last period of strife, he can't be touched without permission from the new family.

A bit of background: https://joebrunoonthemob.wordpress.com/tag/dominick-black-dom-dionisio/
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET