Home

Mobsters that appeared before the McClellan Commit

Posted By: mikeyballs211

Mobsters that appeared before the McClellan Commit - 11/03/15 05:07 AM

Im reading "the enemy within" by RFK pretty good so far but got me thinking..does anyone know the full list of mobsters that appeared for fhe McClellan hearings?

Curious to know if any of the knowledgeable guys has a complete list of guy's from all over the country that appeared, not the strictly labor guys as I know a lot of those who appeared were teamsters and Hoffa was a maim focal point obviously just wiseguys? I searched briefly and couldn't find a comprehensive list..any insight fellas?

Also, as a side question, what family would you say had the most members appear before the committee? I would venture to say probably Chicago, but I have also seen a bunch of Lucchese guys like Dioguardi, Plumeri, and Tony Ducks

Re: Mobsters that appeared before the McClellan Commit - 11/04/15 12:29 AM

Anyone have any just rudimentary lists? I guess ill start with the few I know for sure....

Tony Ducks Corallo
Johnny Dioguardi
Carmine Lombardozzi
Sam Giancana
Sam Battaglia
Frank Costello? (or was that only Kefauver hearings)
Tough Tony Anastasio?
Posted By: NE1020

Re: Mobsters that appeared before the McClellan Commit - 11/04/15 12:43 AM

Joe Gallo
Willie Morreti
Posted By: pmac

Re: Mobsters that appeared before the McClellan Commit - 11/04/15 01:27 AM

Patriarca. The local press been slowly letting out the first probaly 1000 pages of his big ass FBI file. So far it's up to 1961 and its alot about this hearing but overall boringggg. Should get interesting after 1962 cause that when the top informant thing started.

Re: Mobsters that appeared before the McClellan Commit - 11/04/15 01:32 AM

Thanks Pmac, id like to read some of that shit, any idea where to find it?

Re: Mobsters that appeared before the McClellan Commit - 11/04/15 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: NE1020
Joe Gallo
Willie Morreti

Thanks NE..but wasnt Morretti dead by the time of the hearings? I thought he got whacked in 51?
Posted By: NE1020

Re: Mobsters that appeared before the McClellan Commit - 11/04/15 01:36 AM

My bad got it mixed up the Kefauver Committee
Posted By: pmac

Re: Mobsters that appeared before the McClellan Commit - 11/04/15 01:43 AM

Golocalprov. Pretty boring so far seen some people I know grandfather mentioned here and there and some big rich guy still Alive. Probaly pissed. He's old to like 90.

Re: Mobsters that appeared before the McClellan Commit - 11/04/15 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: NE1020
My bad got it mixed up the Kefauver Committee

Yea dude I keep getting them confused too because i believe alot of those who appeared did overlap..Any other ones you can think of...For Some reason im blanking on Genovese family members that were called to testify? Im sure there were plenty that did seeing how powerful they were in the labor movement and still are

Pmac - thanks buddy, i appreciate it..Im used to boring reading fuckin law books
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: Mobsters that appeared before the McClellan Commit - 11/04/15 04:43 AM

You can find the transcripts online if you hard enough, it's all public domain.

Personally I find the testimony non-mobsters who are testifying the most interesting. They provide some names of minor associates/member and detail shakedowns known to them that are less well known to history. It's also interesting that though the stereotype is that all big made guys "took the fifth" and said nothing, a lot of guys actually gave the committee a lot of information, but of course nothing really of substance that would end up getting them convicted of anything.

I was also surprised to find out that according to the committee how close the Buffalinos were linked to Detroit in the coin-operated machine businesses, Russel Buffalino a piece of lot of Detroit and I think some Cleveland businesses. I always thought of them as Buffalo-Philadelphia-Genovese aligned.

Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Mobsters that appeared before the McClellan Commit - 11/04/15 01:56 PM

Costello testified in the Kefauver hearings, not the McClellan committee.
Posted By: dinocrocetti

Re: Mobsters that appeared before the McClellan Commit - 11/04/15 03:53 PM

John LaRocca, Gabriel Mannarino and Frank Valenti (later the Rochester Boss) in Pittsburgh were called before the committee in 1959 regarding their relationship with Nick Stirone, head of the Laborers District Council of Western Pennsylvania.
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: Mobsters that appeared before the McClellan Commit - 11/04/15 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: dinocrocetti
John LaRocca, Gabriel Mannarino and Frank Valenti (later the Rochester Boss) in Pittsburgh were called before the committee in 1959 regarding their relationship with Nick Stirone, head of the Laborers District Council of Western Pennsylvania.

That wouldn't be Laborers Local 1058 ;-)

Re: Mobsters that appeared before the McClellan Commit - 11/05/15 12:03 AM

Dino - Solid info thanks buddy..were they the only Pittsburgh guys that you know of? Any Youngstown/Cleveland guys you can think of?

Re: Mobsters that appeared before the McClellan Commit - 11/05/15 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Tony_Pro
You can find the transcripts online if you hard enough, it's all public domain.

Personally I find the testimony non-mobsters who are testifying the most interesting. They provide some names of minor associates/member and detail shakedowns known to them that are less well known to history. It's also interesting that though the stereotype is that all big made guys "took the fifth" and said nothing, a lot of guys actually gave the committee a lot of information, but of course nothing really of substance that would end up getting them convicted of anything.

I was also surprised to find out that according to the committee how close the Buffalinos were linked to Detroit in the coin-operated machine businesses, Russel Buffalino a piece of lot of Detroit and I think some Cleveland businesses. I always thought of them as Buffalo-Philadelphia-Genovese aligned.

Tony pro - thanks for the response pal, if you find any of the transcripts can you post them or PM em to me? Id like to read em and I did a quick search but wasnt able to find them.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET