Home

Absurd contradiction about the Touhy brothers.

Posted By: Dwalin2011

Absurd contradiction about the Touhy brothers. - 10/22/15 02:54 PM

Have recently been reading about the Touhy brothers from Chicago, one of the main rival groups opposed to the Capone Outfit, and found a blatant contradiction:

there were 6 brothers: James, Tommy, Eddie, Joe, Roger and John. The book "When Capone's mob murdered Touhy" by John W.Tuohy claims Joe was accidentally killed in a shootout by one of his own men, Paul Pagen, in 1929. John didn't believe it was an accident and killed Pagen. For this, he went to prison, paroled after 4 years, later the parole was revoked and he died in prison. The same information is stated in the book "A history of violence" by Wayne Johnson. BUT, the same book by Johnson says Johnny Touhy (Roger's brother, therefore the SAME ONE) was killed in a shootout with one Charles Miller in 1927 !!! What does it mean? Johnny gets killed in 1927, then is "resurrected" in 1929 to avenge his brother Joe??? Especially considering the fact that the newspaper archives say Joe Touhy wasn't killed by Paul Pagen, but by the bartender Victor Willert who was defending himself from an extortion attack. No "Paul Pagen" is mentioned in the newspapers, but the book about Bugs Moran "The man who got away" by Rose Keefe mentions a bartender called Paul Pagan who was killed by Joe Touhy in 1918 (statement confirmed by the newspaper archives).

So how do you people explain this contradictions? The archives seem to be the most reliable source, but then why would anyone make up a story about Johnny Touhy still being alive in 1929, attributing the murder of his brother to Paul Pagen, who in reality was a murder victim 11 ears earlier??? Are any gangster books not trustworthy anymore?
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Absurd contradiction about the Touhy brothers. - 10/23/15 06:08 AM

This is why I read as much as I can, and read between the lines then try to draw my own conclusions, even the so called experts get this shit real wrong sometimes lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET