Home

New topics for mob books

Posted By: goldhawkroad

New topics for mob books - 10/13/15 02:47 PM

Just a thought..which characters or time periods in mob history and where deserves a new book?

Here are my suggestions:

Tony Accardo (I want a more proper biography than Roemers "The Genuine Godfather" considering the mans significance.)

Paul Ricca (Is there anything here at all?)

The story of Phil Alderisio and Chuckie Nicoletti

The "chop shop wars" (Chicago southside 1970s)

"The Outfit after Family Secrets"

Above is just Chicago, please feel free to add on.. tongue

Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: New topics for mob books - 10/13/15 03:35 PM

There would be too much to list...But the book I think we need first of all is the history of organized crime in Pittsburgh. We have ZERO books about that. Also, complete organized crime histories of San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Jose would be good (even though a book about San Francisco, though too short, is going to be released next year, and some of the Los Angeles period is covered in the Fratianno and Bompensiero books).

As for specific characters, I think a Harry Riccobene book would be interesting; after all, not only did he live as an active participant through all the most interesting periods of the mafia history, but shared more information than such old-timers ever do.
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: New topics for mob books - 10/13/15 04:04 PM

Unfortunately one of the most prolific Pittsburgh LCN historians was banned from this site for calling out one of the several trolls that often stopped by for a visit. Fortunately most trolls' visits are becoming a thing of the past. At any rate a book regarding Pittsburgh is forthcoming ;-)
Posted By: Neo

Re: New topics for mob books - 10/13/15 07:17 PM

Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: New topics for mob books - 10/13/15 10:22 PM

I would want to read something about the last 10 years of LCN, because there isn't really that much known about the current period. I would love to read about the Genovese family's inner workings with the rotating panel and the methods they use to stay out of the FED's cross hairs and what their big moneymakers are..
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: New topics for mob books - 10/13/15 10:37 PM

Which Genovese Family: New York or Pittsburgh?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET