Home

Narcos - Netflix series

Posted By: Homers77

Narcos - Netflix series - 10/03/15 12:59 AM

Has anyone seen it?

My gf and I started watching it Tuesday and we are on episode 8....

It is really good and also very interesting!!

I also hear on Howard Stern about a new movie similar to this about a drug cartel but I am drawing a blank on the name right now...

Anyone have any other good movies, shows or books on similar topics about drug cartels ?
Posted By: DB

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/03/15 01:08 AM

Yes and I agree it's awesome

About to watch some more episodes in a few minutes

Pablo had such an insane life , there is no need to embellish or romanticize it , just tell it like it is , so the show is just outstanding . Reminds me of The Wire which is no doubt the best show ever made in TV IMO "mos def " lol

One guy I wasn't aware of is Pablo cousin ? He seems to be 2nd in command , was he real ?
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/03/15 02:03 AM

Gustavo Gaviria was a real person. He was Pablo's cousin and was Pablo's right hand, pretty much. He was claimed at one point to have been the third most important man in the Medellin Cartel. But he was definitely real. He served as Pablo's frontman for various businesses, and plenty of Escobar's properties were registered in his cousins name.

Narco's is awesome, I finished it about 3 or so weeks ago. As good as it is, it too has it's faults. Another one of my favs on Netflix is the spanish language series "Pablo Escobar: El Patron Del Mal". It's basically a series about Pablo's life, it ran on the spanish stations here in the States, but since I've had Netflix, I watched this show thanks to the subtitles Netflix provides. The only thing is of course, the characters have different names, the only real names used are Pablo's, I believe his wife, his mother, and Galan & the other political enemies Pablo Escobar had. Medellin Cartel members and dealers are renamed, as are most of Pablo's hitmen, even his cousin, who's given the ridiculous name of Gonzalo.

Carlos Lehder's character is named Herbert. I forget the last name, but I just don't see why they couldn't use a lot of the real names. Other than that, the show is great.

Another Netflix show I've come across recently and kind of like is The Black Donnely's.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/03/15 05:57 AM

I'm almost done with the 10 episodes. After Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, and Boardwalk Empire being finished, it's good to have another crime drama on TV.
Posted By: DB

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/03/15 04:18 PM

Thanks Sinatra

I was really impressed with his cousin in both his business acumen and ability to be a devils advocate to Pablo's thinking . It seems they were extremely close
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/04/15 11:19 AM

The Wire and The Sopranos are the two best television series ever in the history of TV.
Posted By: rickydelta

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/05/15 10:49 AM

yeah Sopranos was the best show ever smile
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/05/15 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
The Wire and The Sopranos are the two best television series ever in the history of TV.

No doubt.

You can throw Mad Men and then Game of Thrones on a tier below them. Not as big of a Breaking Bad guy as others.

Narcos was pretty good. Not a great show but definitely enjoyable. I found Murphy to be annoying as hell.

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/05/15 01:08 PM

Sopranos Breaking Bad & Boardwalk Empire Are the Best Tv Shows Narcos is also very Good smile
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/05/15 02:01 PM

Sopranos, Homeland and Dexter are great shows but, so is Narcos, Mad Men and House of Cards.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/05/15 02:13 PM

Homeland, Dexter, House of Cards... Those shows are OK. Watchable, but not on the level of Sopranos/Wire.

Homeland... that show fell off.
Posted By: baldo

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/05/15 02:38 PM

I think the Wire is the best show of all time but Narcos may actually surpass it. Each episode blows me away.
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/05/15 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I'm almost done with the 10 episodes. After Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, and Boardwalk Empire being finished, it's good to have another crime drama on TV.

The Australian TV crime drama Underbelly is a good series too smile

Enjoyed Narcos. Any idea if they plan to make future series about different cartels ?
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/05/15 02:44 PM

I tried to get into Lilehammer but got bored by the 6th episode. Does it get better?
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/05/15 06:59 PM

Narcos was good but I think the rating it got on IMDB.com was a little too much: a 9,1..
That's a half point more than Boardwalk Empire who got a 8.6.
And I considered BE a lot better in regards to acting, cinematography, story, costumes and overall quality.
But maybe it's just a matter of taste..
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/06/15 02:11 AM

seems to be following really closely the book "killing pablo", which is quite good.

His cousin wrote a book...meh.

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/06/15 09:17 AM

I Think There be One more Season Of Narcos and that it How many episodes who knows smile
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/06/15 09:50 AM

I hope the next season is about the CAli cartel in NEwYOrk....

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/06/15 10:51 AM

It be about how they chase him and whack him its like the story line of the Book Killing Pablo Good Read just like the show smile
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/06/15 11:40 AM

Aah ok, gotta put that one on my list
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Narcos - Netflix series - 10/06/15 12:23 PM

i guess at the end of second two they will probably kill him with hos fast they are progressing the series.

The Barry Seal storyline lasted about 45 seconds haha

Hopefully they keep it going after they kill him with new boss
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET