Home

US Mobster can speak a fluent italian

Posted By: furio_from_naples

US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/04/15 11:13 AM

In another threat was aked if Gotti can speak italian,now I'll try to make a list of the 2015 mobster that can speak a fluent italian or sicilian,apart the words mannaggia,cumpa,cumare ecc

Frank Guerraci for the decav
the d'anna brothers for detroit
Dominick Cefalù and Frank Cali for the gambinos
Liborio Bellomo for the ganoveses
Sal Catalano for bonannos
John Franzese for colombos

John Stanfa for philly

Know others ?
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/04/15 11:20 AM

Tommy Gambino can probably speak, if not fluent, then decent Italian.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/04/15 11:30 AM

Pete Inzerillo - Gambino
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/04/15 01:08 PM

Sil DeVita -- Westside.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/04/15 03:45 PM

Crazy Dom Truscello of the Luccheses
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/04/15 04:33 PM

Frank Guerraci for the decav
the d'anna brothers for detroit
Dominick Cefalù and Frank Cali,Pete Inzerillo,Tommy Gambino for the gambinos
Liborio Bellomo,Silvio DeVita for the ganoveses
Dom Truscello for the luccheses
Sal Catalano for bonannos
John Franzese for colombos

John Stanfa for philly
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/04/15 05:38 PM

You can add Carlo America, Dan Ditri, and Thomas Novello from San Jose, but they are all retired. Ditri is not in the best of health the last I heard.
Posted By: pmac

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/04/15 05:52 PM

There probaly alot of colombos. That guy dino and his brothers and cousins were all born over there. Then there was a colombos going guy who was stabbed then went back to Sicily for free health care.
Posted By: Southphilly4ever

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/04/15 06:29 PM

As I posted in that thread for Philly I'm sure Chickie who is in his 80s is first generation and probably grew up in an Italian speaking house. I mentioned possibly Joe Ligambi who I know had immigrant parents, Possibly George also since I know his brother is always at the old timers cafe that got busted a year back where everyone speaks Italian.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/04/15 07:16 PM

Did that old timers cafe ever end up opening back up?

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/04/15 07:16 PM

I remember that raid
Posted By: padrone

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/04/15 07:26 PM

Pretty Sure Cafe Italia is up and running

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/04/15 07:29 PM

it wasn't ever closed down.
Posted By: British

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/04/15 10:23 PM

Maybe Jackie nose, he's first generation I think

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/05/15 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Southphilly4ever
As I posted in that thread for Philly I'm sure Chickie who is in his 80s is first generation and probably grew up in an Italian speaking house. I mentioned possibly Joe Ligambi who I know had immigrant parents, Possibly George also since I know his brother is always at the old timers cafe that got busted a year back where everyone speaks Italian.

That's very interesting that the Borgesi's could possibly speak Italian, I would have never thought that in a million years. I am also surprised about Joe Ligambi too.

I am 2nd generation Italian and I read/speak Venetian dialect from just spending A LOT of time with my old timer relatives. My Grandpa immigrated from a dirt poor rural mountain village in the Veneto region. Its hard for me to understand Southern Italian dialects, which is mainly what you hear here in New Jersey and New York...
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/05/15 03:05 PM

Emilio Fusco - Genovese

Springfield Mass. has had a huge influx of italian immigrants post-1970s, mostly from small villages around avellino. Fusco was from quindici. HUGE camorra presence there.

Angelo Spata - Colombo
Santo Zito - Gambino
Francesco Palmeri - Gambino
Franco Lupoi - Gambino

plus a ton of other lesser known guys and associates I'm sure.

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/05/15 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Did that old timers cafe ever end up opening back up?

if you mean milleluci then no

it has been a dunkin donuts since around 07

I did see pete inzerillo in there once chatting with some short dark buddy of his.

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/05/15 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Originally Posted By: Southphilly4ever

That's very interesting that the Borgesi's could possibly speak Italian, I would have never thought that in a million years. I am also surprised about Joe Ligambi too.

I am 2nd generation Italian and I read/speak Venetian dialect from just spending A LOT of time with my old timer relatives. My Grandpa immigrated from a dirt poor rural mountain village in the Veneto region. Its hard for me to understand Southern Italian dialects, which is mainly what you hear here in New Jersey and New York...

It would actually make sense with Borgesi, I knew him as a kid and I don't recall his father being around, I have no idea if it was from divorce or death however. If Ligambi who is their mothers brother grew up with immigrant parents she perhaps spoke Italian in a single parent home.

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/05/15 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
There probaly alot of colombos. That guy dino and his brothers and cousins were all born over there. Then there was a colombos going guy who was stabbed then went back to Sicily for free health care.

Walter Stamperi

you'd assume italians all get named enzo, carmine, gianni...

but sometimes then you get a Walter lol

edit: http://nypost.com/2011/01/22/mob-clans-feuded-over-knifed-thugs-med-bills/
few guys mentioned in this article have old country names:

Giovanni Vella - Gambino
Vincenzo Frogerio - Gambino
Ilario Sessa - Colombo
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/06/15 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: pmac

Trash.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/06/15 03:02 AM

Which US mobsters wear white after Labor Day?

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/06/15 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Which US mobsters wear white after Labor Day?

Rudy Santobello would wear white shoes, yellow slacks and a mint colored sports jacket on a snowy February night while holding court at Club Arthur. Ask some of the other Belmont guys (like Bruno and Charlie from over there) if I'm exaggerating in the slightest.

And then there were the summers, where he and Joe D would stroll their domain side by side. They looked like a mailbox in a bowling shirt and a neon South Beach Hotel in human form. God, I miss those guys lol.
Posted By: Frank

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/06/15 01:41 PM

i know the only italian born left is Dom Cefalu, so the only one able to speak both languages fluently. Is it correct??
Posted By: gangstereport

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/06/15 02:24 PM

there is loads of italien born guys operating here john gambino for example. Another examples? Francesco Palmeri,“Joe the Hood” D’Anna and Girolamo “Mimmo” D’Anna, Gaeton Lucibello, Giovanni “Johnny” Grilloa and many others are born on the other side and they can all speak both languages

frank cali is American born but he can speak both fluently he was the connection between the Sicilian mafia and gambino family the feds said he was the Sicilians ambassador.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/06/15 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: gangstereport
there is loads of italien born guys operating here john gambino for example. Another examples? Francesco Palmeri,“Joe the Hood” D’Anna and Girolamo “Mimmo” D’Anna, Gaeton Lucibello, Giovanni “Johnny” Grilloa and many others are born on the other side and they can all speak both languages

frank cali is American born but he can speak both fluently he was the connection between the Sicilian mafia and gambino family the feds said he was the Sicilians ambassador.

I thought he was a cockney?

He looks more like a soccer hooligan than a mobster.
Posted By: Frank

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/06/15 02:46 PM

oh i didn t know that. Pamieri was extradited to italy in april.
http://www.today.it/cronaca/mafia-estradato-arrestato-francesco-palmieri.html

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/06/15 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank
oh i didn t know that. Pamieri was extradited to italy in april.
http://www.today.it/cronaca/mafia-estradato-arrestato-francesco-palmieri.html

yearh he was shaking down this guy for 1 mil for the gambinos. the debt went back to the 80s over herion (maybe tied to pizza connection) so the gambinos sent pamieri to italy saying "a message from America…the businessman is going to understand" (court documents)

apparently he is very close to dom celfeau and was a high ranking member of the gambino family and the connection between the gambinos and the siclians.

He was extradited to face extortion charges

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/06/15 02:57 PM

i know the only italian born left is Dom Cefalu
, so the only one able to speak both languages fluently. Is it correct??

No
Posted By: Mark

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/06/15 03:03 PM

Can any of them speak fluent Klingon? Except, of course, the powerful Don Sheldon Cooper of The Bazinga Family...

After all, he is the Nerdo di tutti Nerdi.

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/06/15 06:16 PM

i know the only italian born left is Dom Cefalu, so the only one able to speak both languages fluently. Is it correct??

Are you kidding? Sil DeVita was born in Sicily and he's a Westside guy, and they're the MOST Americanized. There are a few others in the Genovese family, but you can count them on one hand.

The Bonannos have a few guys born there, even though they may not have their buttons. And in a similar fashion, the 18th Avenue Gambinos have a few guys who were born in Sicily. They're not all straightened out. But they're there.

However, as a whole, Italian and Sicilian-born made guys in America are becoming fewer and farther between. And with the changes in immigration laws, coupled with the fact that America isn't as appealing to Italians as it was a hundred years ago, it's not likely that we'll see too many more foreign nationals getting made.

Re: US Mobster can speak a fluent italian - 09/06/15 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Are you kidding? Sil DeVita was born in Sicily and he's a Westside guy, and they're the MOST Americanized. There are a few others in the Genovese family, but you can count them on one hand.

The Bonannos have a few guys born there, even though they may not have their buttons. And in a similar fashion, the 18th Avenue Gambinos have a few guys who were born in Sicily. They're not all straightened out. But they're there.

However, as a whole, Italian and Sicilian-born made guys in America are becoming fewer and farther between. And with the changes in immigration laws, coupled with the fact that America isn't as appealing to Italians as it was a hundred years ago, it's not likely that we'll see too many more foreign nationals getting made.

agree with that apart from the gambino family they have alot of guys who come in from italy even if they are made to deal drugs alot of guys are hidden very quiet never hear about like that guy who recently got deported frank palermi for shaking down that business man for the gambinos . the Ndghatanna have guys here dealing drugs with the gambinos. The gambinos are rebuiliding there family with the siggs so it would not suprise me if they brought guys over from the other side.

the bonannos sigg faction is defo weakening
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET