Home

New map shows mob social clubs in New York

Posted By: GangstersInc

New map shows mob social clubs in New York - 08/29/15 01:22 PM

Read the story and view the map at: http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/new-map-shows-mob-social-clubs-in-new-york
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: New map shows mob social clubs in New York - 08/29/15 02:23 PM

reallz not bad,good job.
Posted By: Walkner

Re: New map shows mob social clubs in New York - 08/30/15 02:26 AM

They still have social clubs? I thought they stopped doing the social club the social club thing because of wires and bugs.
Posted By: Crash

Re: New map shows mob social clubs in New York - 08/30/15 02:20 PM

Are any of these clubs still in operation?
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: New map shows mob social clubs in New York - 09/04/15 07:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Walkner
They still have social clubs? I thought they stopped doing the social club the social club thing because of wires and bugs.

You'd think they'd be more secretive. And some are. But they also still use telephones despite all the taps. If they stopped perhaps the easy money wouldn't be so easy anymore.
Posted By: gangstereport

Re: New map shows mob social clubs in New York - 09/04/15 08:48 AM

Some of the social clubs are not on that list the active ones like the riberia social club Frank gurracis club and he uses it regularly classy place

Re: New map shows mob social clubs in New York - 09/04/15 10:14 AM

Some of the clubs were open for a long time,some of the short but 99 percent of the are now closed.Its a good map nontheless.You can see where the mob was real active in what neighbourhood of the city,and you can see by them where Italins lived in NY.There are a lot missing,very well known li Derobertis and John gambinos club on 18th ave in Bhurst and a tone of others.Its a nice map for those who like to see actuall buildings where mobsters hung out.As we can see Brooklyn was packed with and clubs,like a jungle.Was that the case where there really that much mobsters in BK?
Posted By: Belmont

Re: New map shows mob social clubs in New York - 09/04/15 01:54 PM

Brooklyn had a ton of italians in various hoods plus you had a lot of union activity in brooklyn back in the day( water front). Back then, unions and mobsters went together like mozzerella and roasted red peppers.
Also, many little italy and lower east side italians moved to the somewhat more open feel of brooklyn. If you wanted to grow up in an awesome italian hood with the same vibe as little italy or arther ave in the bronx but WITHOUT sharing a bathroom with your neighbor or living like a peasant, Brooklyn was the place to be. Especially Bhurst.
In fact, some very wealthy gangsters thought brooklyn was the upper east side.

Re: New map shows mob social clubs in New York - 09/04/15 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
Brooklyn had a ton of italians in various hoods plus you had a lot of union activity in brooklyn back in the day( water front). Back then, unions and mobsters went together like mozzerella and roasted red peppers.
Also, many little italy and lower east side italians moved to the somewhat more open feel of brooklyn. If you wanted to grow up in an awesome italian hood with the same vibe as little italy or arther ave in the bronx but WITHOUT sharing a bathroom with your neighbor or living like a peasant, Brooklyn was the place to be. Especially Bhurst.
In fact, some very wealthy gangsters thought brooklyn was the upper east side.

Very true Belmont,and as I understand it East NY in BK was not so good,i mean with the tenaments and Brownsvilles poor population also South Brooklyn(red hook) and the Navy yard were not so great too,do you agree?Maybe some other areas in BK too.
Posted By: BennyB

Re: New map shows mob social clubs in New York - 09/06/15 09:15 PM

You can see where the NY families were from in the last century (mostly) and correct me if I'm wrong but it was:

Gambino: South Brooklyn
Genovese: Downtown/west village and East Harlem
Luchese: Bronx & East Brooklyn
Bonnano: North Brooklyn
Colombo: West and South Brooklyn

Obviously there's a lot of overlap and all families were represented in little Italy.

Re: New map shows mob social clubs in New York - 09/14/15 09:17 PM

What does andy coalision in Bhurst have to do with the colombos?Seems like the colombos have the most afiliated clubs or spots..Rspecially south Brooklyn(Red hook and Bhurst areas)
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET