Home

Tommy Gagliano one of the lowest key mobstersever?

Posted By: donplugconnected

Tommy Gagliano one of the lowest key mobstersever? - 08/22/15 09:44 PM

no pictures on this head of one of the five families. no real good solid information on this man. i mean did he even go to jail? how does a man ontop manage to stay out of pictures out of the limelight? did he even really exist?
Posted By: gangstereport

Re: Tommy Gagliano one of the lowest key mobstersever? - 08/22/15 09:55 PM

stop making so many threads its impossible to read anything

Re: Tommy Gagliano one of the lowest key mobstersever? - 08/22/15 10:23 PM

gangstereport stop commenting on peoples questions if you dont have a answer.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Tommy Gagliano one of the lowest key mobstersever? - 08/22/15 10:43 PM

If a mafia historian or buff is looking for mystery, Tommasso Gagliano is where it's at.

The guy was so elusive that even Bill Bonanno named him as being at a meeting he wasn't actually present for.

We know more about Maranzano than him, and that's saying something, cause we don't even know what Maranzano looked like.
Posted By: melanzana

Re: Tommy Gagliano one of the lowest key mobstersever? - 08/22/15 11:15 PM

He was really a Greek.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Tommy Gagliano one of the lowest key mobstersever? - 08/23/15 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: donplugconnected
no pictures on this head of one of the five families. no real good solid information on this man. i mean did he even go to jail? how does a man ontop manage to stay out of pictures out of the limelight? did he even really exist?

There is some interesting information on Gagliano in the book "The origin of organized crime in America: the New York City mafia, 1891-1931" by David Critchley. Gagliano went to jail for 15 months in 1932 for tax evasion. He is also described as "a contractor first and Mafia boss second", seems he tried harder than the other bosses to infiltrate legitimate businesses and covering up the rackets by a legitimate facade.

Re: Tommy Gagliano one of the lowest key mobstersever? - 08/23/15 12:54 AM

i don't think the government even knew when he truly died until tommy luchesse told them which is crazy.

Re: Tommy Gagliano one of the lowest key mobstersever? - 08/23/15 01:16 AM

thank you i will have to read that book here soon. I find that interesting that you say " a contractor first then a mafia boss." i will have to go buy the book thank you!
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Tommy Gagliano one of the lowest key mobstersever? - 08/25/15 05:21 PM

I have to retract an earlier comment. I had said that we don't know what Gagliano looked like. That may not be true. The researchers here on this site and elsewhere have released a photo that may in fact be of Tommasso Gagliano.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET